[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

If you've read the Beltorchika's Children manga, Do you prefer it to CCA or do you think the movie was better?
>>
I didn't like Amuro's unborn child saving him
>>
File: kdk05117_0.jpg (166 KB, 706x1000)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>
>>19918637
amurofags prefers the movie, charfags the novels/manga, it's just simple as that
>>
>>19918801
That's honestly true. Amuro is a shit pilot im BC.
>>
>>19918842
It would have been ok of it weren’t for the baby saving Amuro MULTIPLE times. Once should’ve been fine
>>
>>19918637
>If you've read the Beltorchika's Children manga, Do you prefer it to CCA or do you think the movie was better?
I prefer the manga because its longer and not as compressed as the movie. We get more character development and other world building moments.

Even more if we include the BC prequel manga too where we get to see Char slowly building up his Neo Zeon force. And moments where his Neo Zeon spies in Anaheim give Char the blue prints to Hi-Nu Gundam. But Char gets annoyed because Hi-Nu Gundam is so low spec. Char was expecting a much better design from Amuro and his design team.

Little moments like that really add to the lore of the Universe.
>>
>>19918979
I just realized, of Char didn’t give Amuro the psycho frame blueprints. The high Nu would’ve just been a suped up Sinanju wouldn’t it?
>>
>>19918637
Hard to compare two different mediums. One could prefer BC's plot but it doesn't have this.
https://youtu.be/UyAbfBEjS_s
>>
>>19918637
Hathaway goes from human waste to almost MVP. They honestly should have at least done that in the movie. Chan could survive and be pregnant in the end too (no magic baby).
>>
>>19918958
>baby saving Amuro MULTIPLE timesv
Did baby start piloting Beltorchika like a mobile suit or something? How did it save amuro multiple times
>>
>>19918979
there's a prequel manga
>>
>>19919047
?*
>>
>>19918987
Did the manga still kept Char giving the Psycoframe to Amuro? My understanding was in the BC novel the Psycoframe was salvaged from an abandoned Psyco Doga, though I'm not clear how that led to the Fin Funnels.
>>
>>19919042
Newtype Bullshit HAX
>>
>>19919080
So your normal dead girlfriends power up but with living child?
>>
>>19919062
Char was sneekier in the manga, he left the Psyco Doga on purpose fit with the blueprints in the guise that it was too busted and he needed to save Gyuunei.
>>
>>19919085
Ye
>>
Cool manga, hope we get the Hathaway adaptation by the same author in English next.

>>19919042
It protects Amuro from a kill shot and helps in pushing Axis away, but that's about it.
>>
>Amuro fulfilling his character arc and becoming a family man living a normal life
>Char becoming a vengeance-obsessed fool that was more powerful than anyone else alone, yet helpless against the collective will of mankind
Its only flaw is Amuro dying. I get what Tomino wanted to do there, but Amuro had broken free of Char's cycle of revenge. Dragging him down to die in it fucks with the message the story wants to send.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (506 KB, 405x476)
506 KB
506 KB PNG
>>19918695
>>
>>19918637
I liked it better than the movie, especially the ending. Char's counterattack feels like a story large enough to require more than just two hours to tell it. The movie's pacing felt really rushed to me.
>>
>>19920031
It makes Char more of a bastard for dragging Amuro with him
>>
>>19918637
I fucking hate the name "Beltorchika" and the title "Beltorchika's children", it sounds stupid
>>
File: cute couple.jpg (447 KB, 1280x1759)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
>>19920191
Tomino judged Beltorchika as the only woman worthy of carrying Amuro's offspring and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
amuro should have had a kid with sayla.
>>
>>19920252
Only in the Pixie Squad timeline
>>
>>19920252
Sayla fucked off
>>
Quess is awesome in it
>>
>>19920100
That was so fucked up
>>
File: Quess.jpg (731 KB, 1129x1600)
731 KB
731 KB JPG
>>19920499
>>
>>19920533
cope
>>
>>19920499
wtf I love Quess now
>>
>>19920126
Amuro is such a bad pilot in BC
>>
File: nu.jpg (165 KB, 1000x733)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>19918637
For me it's High Streamer.
>>
>>19920809
And Char was a horrible pilot in in Char's Counterattack. The way I see it though, BC made them more of an equal match, which I found way more entertaining.
>>
>>19921000
It's more accurate for Char.
>>
>>19921000
Char still seems good in the film, he's just a step below Amuro, who's been fighting since Zeta. I would like to see film Amuro versus BC Char, however, if only because Nightingale seems like an outright monster compared to Sazabi.
>>
>>19920863
The design kinda reminds me of the Penelope and Xi, with how angular it is.
>>
>>19919042
It's kind of like how EU Leia got stronger in force powers when she was pregnant with the twins pre-Disney.
>>
>>19918987
>I just realized, of Char didn’t give Amuro the psycho frame blueprints. The high Nu would’ve just been a suped up Sinanju wouldn’t it?
I really dont understand Sinanju's design history anymore since they keep retconning it. First it was an upgraded streamlined Sazabi that Full Frontal cusomized for pure speed (he didn't like Funnels or Bits). then we find out Sinanju was actually stolen from Anaheim. Then it was changed to being a prototype Unicorn Gundam (even though they look NOTHING alike) and now suddenly Sinanju is related to Nu Gundam? And there's more than one Sinanju unit? And multiple copies? I give up.
>>
>>19920863
>Lo-streamer
>>
>>19921289
My understanding:
Anaheim used data from Nu Gundam and Sazabi to build a new MS that was intended to be a testbed/predecessor to the Unicorn line. Neo Zeeks stole it and Zeeked to up to turn it into a spiritual successor to Char's Zaku II, playing on the whole 'second coming of the Red Comet' thing, but with all the new hotness like psychoframes and panoramic cockpits.
>>
Unrelated but why is he called Quattro 大尉 (Taii) if he's a Lieutenant 中尉 (Chui)?
>>
>>19918637
where can i read Gundam CCA High streamer?
>>
>>19921447
EFSF used Navy ranks instead of Army ranks, which also applied to Amuro in CCA as well
>>
>>19921715
As far as I know it's only available raw
>>
>>19918641
It’s basically taking the same theme from Ideon, extremely dumb tomino shit.
>>
>>19922077
It was more tolerable in Ideon
>>
>>19922318
It felt less like the babies themselves were filled with power, but the Ideon would release more of it’s strength to protect them.
>>
>>19922077
Cope, you will never be Invoked
>>
>>19921000
>The way I see it though, BC made them more of an equal match, which I found way more entertaining.
Char was actually a stronger pilot in BC than Amuro. Amuro had gotten weaker and his skills were somewhat rusty. Amuro was less active on the battlefield and was becoming a family man.

Its kind of poetic. Amuro started out as this unstoppable monster in the OYW that just kept getting stronger. And Char was the weaker pilot but kept getting better machines just to even things out. But now In BC, Char trained himself and his newtype abilities to become far stronger. And Amuro has grown much weaker and stagnated.

Pure poetry
>>
>>19922541
I've started to appreciate CCA Amuro more. I like the idea that once he was pulled back in during Zeta that he just couldn't settle down again.
>>
>>19918637
Movie was poorly paced in comparison with manga, but it all came from the executives saying both that Amuro being married is out of place, unborn child newtype shenanigans, and the quick rewriting that turned into CCA.

Probably if they had a bit of time to re-write CCA properly it might have been enough to iron out the issues, but what we got is what we got. I'm more interested if the current Hathaway show is going to be based on CCA, BC, or have Unicorn step into the fray somehow.

>>19921335
That's pretty much what's the writers are going to go with i suppose. But the Sinanju (units) have psychoframe around the cockpit from the factory unless they decided to change some more stuff. Plus, Full Frontal's was basically a hot rod'ed Sinanju with a splash of red paint.
>>
>>19922653
Director already confirmed that it was a sequel to CCA not BC
>>
>>19920031
I prefer Amuro dying over the glut of MARRY AND HAVE CHILDREN YOU PIG endings.
>>
>>19922657
Ah, so we're getting the tragic revengeful cuck Hathaway. Not surprised as the series will always be more popular over the manga's.

>>19922670
I honestly think it would've made more sense of him dying if he had some kind of legacy left behind, married or not. (meaning the kiddo) Look at it this way, they could've had Belthrochika in Unicorn cameo with the child playing in the background and everything would make a lot of sense.
>>
>>19922680
Idk, the fleeting nature of a lot of UC protagonists victories is pretty powerful to me. Also I like the idea that Amuro became essentially a volcel after getting to grips with his complex but that's just my obsession.
>>
>>19922653
CCA was a condensed version of the 2 half to the novel High Streamer which also had Chan. Beltorchika's Children was originally the draft Tomino wrote after they told him they wanted to adapt High Streamer. They said no so he wrote it as a book instead and then wrote Hathaway's flash as a sequel to it. Now Hathway's Flash is being adapted, but since the anime is an adaptation of High Streamer not BC they obviously had to make HF fit into the anime's timeline not Tomino's books.
>>
>>19922700

He's in a relationship in both versions though, along with in Zeta; what's volcel about that? Also, what complex?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (564 KB, 1129x1600)
564 KB
564 KB JPG
Char's final line was way better than the one in the movie.
>>
>>19922700
To each their own i suppose, and to each what he considers a legacy.

>>19922709
So essentially the writing went Highstreamer>hastily rewritten into CCA and adapted to the movie>rewritten into BC to make more sense and to be closer to HS

>Obviously had to make HF fit into the anime's timeline not Tomino's books

We're going to get some kind of Unicorn cameo aren't we?

And while i'm not too concerned with how HF turns out, unless somehow they make Hathaway avoid the Ney treatment, they're probably going for the F91 reboot and perhaps touching a lot of the late UC stuff at some point. (Formula 91, CB etc).

>>19922731
Something fucky with the Sunrise execs, relationships are fine but marriage and children is a no-no.
>>
>>19922740
you're close Highstreamer>cut in half and squished made into CCA>BC made after Tomino's draft for the movie adaptation was rejected by sunrise in favor of just sticking with High Streamer's story.
BC further away from High Streamer than CCA is.
>>
>>19922810
BC is further away from High Streamer's story*
>>
>>19922816
>>19922810
Was HS ever properly translated or at all?

I know BC is supposed to have an official English release soon so i'll be waiting on that over the fan subs i read a few years back. (And didn't quite finish)
>>
>>19922740
>Something fucky with the Sunrise execs, relationships are fine but marriage and children is a no-no
It’s the idea that starting a family ages a character and makes them less relatable to younger viewers. I understand the idea but often it leads to retarded choices like
1.every resident evil protag being ancient and single
2.shit like gwen stacy cucking spiderman with green goblin because spiderman is too young to have kids
>>
>>19922824
Unfortunately no.
>>
>>19922740

> And while i'm not too concerned with how HF turns out, unless somehow they make Hathaway avoid the Ney treatment, they're probably going for the F91 reboot and perhaps touching a lot of the late UC stuff at some point. (Formula 91, CB etc).

The entire purpose of the UC Next 0100 project is to fill out the hundred years after Char's Counterattack, so yes, they'll be doing animations set in or around both F91 and Victory more than likely. The Gundam F90FF manga seems like it might have been commissioned with the goal of animating it because the character designer has done a lot of recent work in Gundam, doing character designs or directing episodes of Gundam AGE, Gundam Thunderbolt, Twilight Axis, Narrative etc. I doubt they'll remake either F91 or Victory though, and if anything, I'd imagine they'll just make more of F91 i.e. sequel films to expand on Seabook's story (rather than Crossbone, where he's a supporting character to other people's story).
>>
>>19922731
>He's in a relationship in both versions though
I'm concentrating on TV Amuro and his chronically apathetic relationships. Char is of course also guilty of this.
>Also, what complex?
His famous mother complex, but I was a bit hesitant to call it that cause personally I fall in the more freudian camp.
>>
>>19922889

I wouldn't call it that simply because I don't think it's famous in the first place. Char's is, Amuro's not so much. He also doesn't appear nearly as needy in that context after 0079, in Zeta and Char's Counterattack. Or even the back half of 0079 really. He pushes back against Lalah's assertions that he's not fighting for anything rather than simply fawning all over her the way he did Matilda, for one thing. I also wouldn't say that he has chronically apathetic relationships though, since nothing about his relationships with Beltorchika and Chan appears apathetic to me. Again, that seems more like a thing in 0079. Where he was also mostly concerned with fighting for his life, and really only starting to notice women. So it's not exactly a shock that he's not great with women or forming the most stable bonds.
>>
>>19922828
It's a mindset that literally only exists in the minds of business executives, nobody else on the planet thinks like this. Which begs the question of what the fuck makes them believe it in the first place.
>>
>>19922836
That's a shame. Maybe if the BC translation gets enough interest it might happen.

>>19922868
The Formula (specifically F90) is a good area to start skirting around, as they have a lot of material to start working with. (Mars Zeon, Silhouette Formula)

I doubt they'll do a sequel to Seabook's story in between F91 and Crossbone. Unless it's literally going to be the Crossbone prequel about it's formation.
>>
>>19923107
Referring to the re-formation*, after F91.
>>
>>19923027
They’re a bunch of old rotting geezers that threw away their young lives on the grind and their projecting it on their audience. “Maybe if I didn’t get a wife my life would still be fun” type you see in boomer coomics
>>
>>19918637
The main thing I like in BC over CCA is Beltorchikas inclusion.
Otherwise I like CCA just fine as it is.
>>
I think some anons blow the baby thing out of proportion. Despite a few slip-ups Amuro wasn't doing that horribly.
>>
>>19923367
They nerfed Amuro just a little too hard. Tomino forgot that Rusty Amuro was still easily in Top 3 pilots in Zeta, and even then the other contenders were only there from Newtype stronk.

It's one thing to make Char stronger and in a superior Mobile Suit, but Amuro needed one or two moments where he got the upper hand on his own merit.
>>
>>19923107
>Unless it's literally going to be the Crossbone prequel about it's formation.
That'd be based, but I don't think they'll acknowledge Crossbone in any way, shape or form
>>
why was sayla replaced by beltorchika in literary works?
>>
>>19922824
If the translator is the same one that's going to be working with the former vertical guys, then it's going to be a shit ass translation like Glory of Losers (and Netflix Hathaway's flash). Origin and GaoL turned out so poorly idk how they god another license.
>>
>>19923673
Origin wasn't too bad
>>
>>19922541
>Amuro was less active on the battlefield and was becoming a family man.
I hate that trope so fucking much. It's so fucking stupid.
>>
>>19923992
What's so stupid about it
>>
>>19923999
Nobody loses competency just because they get a family. Athletes, police, military personnel, tons of them have families and stay just as competent at their work. It's stupid hollywood bullshit.
>>
>>19923673
What was wrong with Glory of Losers translation
>>
>>19923558
Because Sayla’s VA didn’t return in Zeta so Tomino improvised
>>
>>19924004

On the other hand, you do lose some competency if you stop doing a thing.
>>
>>19924026
I think he should have just used sayla in the manga and beltorchika in the anime
>>
>>19924004
>>19924004
>Nobody loses competency just because they get a family. Athletes, police, military personnel, tons of them have families and stay just as competent at their work. It's stupid hollywood bullshit.

You do if you stop training. Athletes have to keep training to maintain their bodies. Same with police officers and military personnel. You need to stay physically fit and top form.

It also helps to keep your reaction time quick and sharp. If you stop training you lose some of the "muscle memory" being able to do it without thinking. Your reaction time gets slower because now you have to think about doing it because you haven't been training for so long.

Even if you want to argue that piloting a mobile suit isn't physically demanding (it is if you think of it like piloting an MS is like piloting a fighter jet or race car), then fine. I could even say even like esports players need training.

There are esports players who talk about what its like to stop training for a long time and then return to the game. You never don't forget how to play the game "overall", but you forget all the little things that gave you an edge. Like which button does what, or what is the go to strategy you should use when you are being attacked. Starcraft 2 players who retired and returned talk about this a lot or even forgetting to build certain buildings because your mind is so busy micro-managing everything.
>>
>>19918637
where I can read in eng?
>>
>>19924004
It can if you devote less time to your hobby and more to your family. I can tell you that gun shooters can get rusty if they don't hit the shooting range regularly. Speed and accuracy suffers if you don't maintain it.
>>
>>19924081
>You do if you stop training. Athletes have to keep training to maintain their bodies. Same with police officers and military personnel. You need to stay physically fit and top form.

>It also helps to keep your reaction time quick and sharp. If you stop training you lose some of the "muscle memory" being able to do it without thinking. Your reaction time gets slower because now you have to think about doing it because you haven't been training for so long.

>Even if you want to argue that piloting a mobile suit isn't physically demanding (it is if you think of it like piloting an MS is like piloting a fighter jet or race car), then fine. I could even say even like esports players need training.
It's not like Amuro ever stopped being active/training either. Even at his most inacive period during Zeta, he still worked as an instructor for the nearby airbase, probably in MS piloting. You don't get being an instructor if you're that rusty and considered in BC, he was an active in-service pilot, I don't think he skimmed on training, either.
>>
>>19924053
Tomino never made manga, anon. He wrote novels.
>>
>>19923456
He punched the crap out of the Nightingale in the last volume, no help there other than Hathaway stopping Quess from ramming him. Plus he whooped Glarv's ass with a ReGZ at the start.
>>
>>19924044
>>19924081
>>19924090
He didn't stop, though. He's still an active pilot in the military. It's not like he stopped piloting MS's after Zeta until Char poked him with a stick.
>>
>>19924085
mangadex
>>
>>19924132
The Saber twist from Amuro was real nice though, you have to admit that
>>
>>19924136
There's about six years between the Gryps conflict and Char's return, Amuro could've gotten time off at some point.
>>
>>19924184
yeah if you get time off you magically become shit
>>
>>19924227
Now I know you for sure you clearly don't work out, or do any strength training.

Try taking even 2 weeks off and your gains immediately start to fade. And stamina starts to drop.
>>
>>19924258
Exactly. If Amuro took a few months leave, and then stopped fighting on the front lines then I can see him stagnating or growing weaker. He's not in life or death situations anymore. Meanwhile Char is training as much as he can and growing his newtype abilities as much as possible. Its not surprise when he returned that Amuro talked about how scary Char has become in the cockpit. Amuro has been taking it easy. But Char has been pushing himself.
>>
>>19924271
>While you were picking out colors for the baby shower I was training.
>>
>>19924258
I do work out and it's different from a skill
I've already had this conversation in a dream
>>
>>19924313
>I do work out
Sure you do buddy. Sure you do.
>>
>>19924339
>ad hominem
Are you going to deny that building muscle is different from a learned/acquired skill? Are you retarded?
>>
I love the Psycho Doga
>>
>>19924348
both can degrade if not maintained
>>
>>19923751
House Zabi, House Talk, Shakespeare Char, stilted and absolutely ass-pulled dialogue, wrong name spellings, etc. Yes, it wasn't that bad. They did a tremendous disservice to the manga.

>>19924006
Highly awkward dialogue, disregard for established terms and names, forgetting entire chunks of dialogue, etc.
>>
>>19924900
fuck
>>
>>19924900
I still bought them becuse I just want more Gundam shit to be brought over
>>
>>19918637
The translation gets a bit dogshit in the last chapters. I felt Beltorchika was a more natural addition to the story than Chan, but it's a little surprising to see Amuro get into plenty of close calls.
Like, the final battle is a LOT closer, and it genuinely feels like Char nearly kills him on several occasions. Then again, it's probably because the Nightingale is just that much of a giant beast of a machine.
>>
>>19921066
Yeah, Char repeatedly mentions that the Sazabi got fucked over by a few lucky hits. Unless he's just being a pussy about it, it seems to have poorer performance in general. He keeps going "Shit, I'm losing power", implying that the damage is adding up.
>>
>>19918637
A thing I really like is Hathaway making the save, shooting Quess in order to save Amuro. He's a genuine hero in this one, instead of murdering Amuro's girlfriend. But being famous for killing the crush you had a crush on is definitely going to fuck with you.
>>
>>19926857

He is being a pussy about it, and his belly beam cannon loses power because Amuro hits the power pipes feeding it if I recall, while his saber loses power because he can't recharge them after Amuro takes out his shield.

>>19926867

You like a thing in a completely different property? A property that this film trilogy is explicitly not related to, with the director confirming it, trailers saying it, the film's title card saying it and the opening credits showing it.
>>
>>19926901

Ducking hell, nevermind; I got this mixed up with a Hathaway's Flash thread. Idiot me.
>>
>>19926849
I don't see anything dogshit about the last chapters, honestly. Just a bunch of stilted Tomino dialogue, honestly.

>>19925878
Clearly that hasn't and will never work.
>>
>>19927558
That's funny because Vertical before being bought by Kodansha said they wouldn't bring over more Gundam because GoTL didn't sell well
>>
>>19924900
The translation is being done by Denpa. They're translstion of Kaiji is really good so BC should be fine
>>
>>19924888
Yes but one degrades much faster than the other, since one is based on bodily functions and the other is a learned/acquired skill. You don't forget how to ride a bike
>>
Its back and fourth for me.

I like Amuro getting together with Beltorchika way way more, because it further shows the contrast between Amuro and Char, with Amuro moving beyond his past with a meaningful relationship...and Char meanwhile still being trapped by it, unwilling to have any meaningful relationships. Plus I like Beltorchika.

I don't mind the baby, it sort of meaningfully caps off Amuro's story in a sad way, but the baby does save Amuro a lot. That said though I think there's a powerful final note to his story ending with him dying for his son, considering his own troubled relationship with his own father and contrasting to Char's own daddy issue riddled existence.

Though I do kind of like the tragic lonliness of his current status in the movie too. He's at least trying to find a meaningful connection in Chan, but he's obviously still gripping with the trauma of the past, even if as best as he can. It all ending on a more bitter, lonely note has its own sort of morose charm to it.

Char seems a bit more competent in the manga, since they elaborate a little more on both his rationality and his plans.

I go back and fourth between Nu Gundam and Sazabi, and Hi-Nu and Nightingale. I like both pairs for different reasons.

Amuro is more a one man army monster pilot in the movie, but I feel like Londo Bell's battle plans are a little better spelled out in the manga. Generally, everyone seems a little more competent or less insane in the manga. Hathaway being the one to kill Quess makes more sense to me.

I like them both for different reasons. I see it as two subtle but substantial approaches to the same conclusion and the same themes.
>>
File: Quess cockpit.jpg (1.04 MB, 1866x1382)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>
>>19922868
UC105-120 is definitely an interesting empty slot that interesting material can be added. Too bad Mars Zeon is just a part of a generally retarded comic to sell F90 kits. AOZ II and F90FF are also terrible, but at least AOZ II had some interesting ideas for Titans/Neo Zeon hybrid suits. There are definitely interesting material to work with the fact that Titans and Neo Zeon remnant exist on Mars in near isolation and on a backwater planet. The problem is all the material produced thus far is shit
>>
>>19927973
let's hope they disregard all manga for the future UC timeline. They are making Unicorn 2 though so things may get more retarded
>>
>>19927613
I am a different anon than the one you are speaking with.

However you are completely thinking of the this the wrong way.

Think of Amuro and Char like 2 professional boxers. Amuro and Char used to be pros, competed fiercely, fought several times for the title belt. They were dead even most of the time. With Amuro even having a slight edge. Years pass.

Now Amuro doesn't train as often anymore. He devotes less time to his craft and He only hits the boxing gym a few times a week. It's downgraded to more of a semi-hobby for him. Amuro is in shape and still talented but clearly not as strong as he could potentially be. It's a mental thing too. Amuro has lost that "eye of the tiger". That fierce edge.

Meanwhile Char didn't stop training. He trains hard every single day without missing a beat. Char gets better boxing coaches and corrects any flaws he has in his fighting style, and even develops new techniques to deal with various situations. He pays close attention to diet, nutrition, and careful regulates it with discipline and strong focus. He trains every inch of his body, and travels around the world to study boxing and how people box around the world. He lives, breathes, sleeps, and eats boxing. Char can box traditional, south paw, and change things up as needed.

Then out of no where, current Amuro has to suddenly fight Char. Amuro thinks it will be like before but now realizes the new Char is a different beast. Char has leveled up while Amuro has remained the same if not degraded slightly. Amuro's tries his old style and techniques. Char doesn't fall for it and has a counter for everything Amuro does. Char overwhelms Amuro and pushes him against the ropes. Char easily breaks Amuro's guard and is about to deliver a knockout uppercut.

Then a small child jumps into the ring and hits Char with a tazer, and electrocutes Char repeatedly. Then runs away. Char calls the referee, but everyone watching pretends nothing happened.

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>19927973
>UC105-120 is definitely an interesting empty slot that interesting material can be added.
Please no. Let's respect Tomino's wishes on this one. He clearly wanted there to be a strong era of peace and prosperity for 30 years. I'm sure he never wanted Bandai to shove as many Gundam shows as possible into that time gap.
>>
>>19927593
Sure, if you wanna keep reading shit translation work denpa pumps out from online translation services then rebrands as "Highstone, Inc" by all means. Guess people missed that doozy.

If ed is still touching Gundam, the US is fucked.
>>
>>19928111
You don't need to add neo neo neo zeon to have material for that area. Mars and Jupiter are good candidates. The consolidation of the Jupiter Fleet into thr Jupiter empire and Mars Zeon dealing with their Titans friendnemies are both interesting official setting material
>>
>>19929011
I don't remember Titans dealing with Mars Zeon. Mars Zeon didn't really become a proper threat until like 25 years after Titans got annihilated by their own colony laser.
>>
>>19928111
Why does everyone keep thinking that Tomino had any sort of say to anything? He sold his fucking rights off, not that he had much to do anyways. Get your shit straight. There can be periods of piece with conflicts that people don't know about. Gundam F90 is one of those instances.
>>
>>19929066
To be fair, Bandai famously promised Tomino that they wouldn't make anymore Gundam if Tomino just made one more Gundam show. That's how they lured him back to make Turn A Gundam.
>>
>>19929100
Famous as in "unsubstantiated rumor" or "we have receipts of the whole bullshit exchange"?
>>
>>19929129
Tomino himself said so himself in interviews retard. Or shall I post the interview where Tomino said, and then you can scurry into your hole and and refuse to acknowledge the source like you always do.

The repeat your same statement in a new thread every couple weeks.
>>
>>19929169
I don't understand, if it were that easy to win the argument every time, then just win it by posting.
>>
>>19929169
Tomino says a lot of things in interviews over the years and has ZERO consistency. He says things for the sake of saying things. I mean, god damn, he just put out a G-Reco book that is packed full of information and he's going around at events for the movie completely contradicting all of that material. I hate to say it but he doesn't hold much credibility anymore.
>>
>>19929196
>I don't understand, if it were that easy to win the argument every time, then just win it by posting.
Because every time we do, anon just ignores it and doesn't respond. Then a few weeks later the same thread crops up and anon repeats his same wrong statement. This is not the first time its happened. Better to call out his pattern of behavior first
>>
>>19929238
See what >>19929202 said about Tomino. Doesn't matter if anon claims he can win, there's always another quote that can negate that.
>>
>>19929050
That's the basic plot of AOZII with Re zeon who are basically the predecessor of Mars zeon. The only problem is AOZII has a shitty story
>>
>>19927613

You don't forget how to ride a bike, no; you do forget small actions and reactions that give you an edge though. The overarching skill remains, but the exacting refinements that you get by doing it on a constant basis atrophy quite quickly if not constantly practised.

>>19928111

What wishes? People said the exact same thing about how Tomino had inserted major period of peace for 30 years after Char's Counterattack for years, while ignoring that he wrote Hathaway's Flash only a few years later and now that that's being animated the major period of peace he wanted was 18 years after Hathaway's Flash? The main reason that Tomino inserted a period of 30 years after Char's Counterattack until F91 was nothing to do with "I want there to be a period of peace for Amuro's sacrifice", and is just because he wanted to create enough distance between stories that it would feel reasonable to not involve any of pre-existing cast in the new story. Why do you think he set Victory 30 years after F91?
>>
As long as those conflict are in small scale like F91 and Hathaway then Tomino statement about peace still hold.
>>
>>19930510

What statement?
>>
I wonder if they'll bring over Zeta Define
>>
>>19930879

It doesn't seem like it's ever been as successful or beloved as The Origin anywhere, honestly. Japan, China, America, wherever. Is it even finished?
>>
>>19930885
It definitely isn't like the origin. I think it ses pretty well in Japan. Right now they're at Kilimanjaro in the manga.
>>
>>19930423
>Hathaway's Flash only a few years later and now that that's being animated the major period of peace he wanted was 18 years after Hathaway's Flash?

Hathaway's Flash is a novel. Tomino didn't expect it to be animated. Just like the original MSG books he wrote. They exist in a different universe and he was trying a experiment out. But even ignoring that, Hathaway's flash is basically a final epilogue to CCA.

HF is basically a message to people who couldn't let go of the past. That's why he gave Hathaway such a horrible tragic death. He's basically telling the readers "The past is done. Let it go. Don't be like Hathaway who is trying to start trouble again because he can't let go of his past trauma. You will only meet a tragic fate and make yourself miserable. Move forward with your life and be happy. "

That's why he called the book Hathaway's Flash. Hathaway is basically a quick burst of light that exists only for a brief moment... but accomplishes nothing and is forgotten. A literal flash.
>>
>>19930510
That totally violates the spirit of what Tomino wanted.

>>19930423
>Why do you think he set Victory 30 years after F91?
Tomino didn't even really want to make Victory Gundam. He was pushed by Bandai who wanted to models and toys to sell. Hell, Tomino was running on fumes by F91. He truly wanted UC to end with CCA. Tomino even released an official statement completely disowning Victory Gundam, telling people he's ashamed of making such a failure, and to not watch Victory Gundam. If that's not clear that he doesn't care about Victory, then I don't know what is.
>>
>>19930912

> Hathaway's flash is basically a final epilogue to CCA.
> Hathaway...accomplishes nothing and is forgotten

Hathaway's Flash ends with someone deciding to take up Hathaway's cause. It is in no way a final to anything, because it ends with "and the fight goes on".

>>19930922

What does Tomino not liking Victory, or more precisely, not liking his mental state during that time period, have to do with how he framed the show's setting? You mention "the spirit of what Tomino wanted", but can you actually point to anywhere where he says that he didn't want any conflict in that 30 year period (despite writing some conflict into that period himself)?
>>
>>19930958
>It is in no way a final to anything, because it ends with "and the fight goes on".
Did it? I like to think Kenneth chose to not follow in Hathaway's footsteps. Considered it perhaps, but ultimately chose to lead a better life.
>>
>>19930979
The Z Organization in Gaia Gear is strongly believed to have been started by him.
>>
>>19931039
Imagine if they make a Gaia Gear adaptation
>>
Unicorn stole a lot from Tomino's novels
>>
>>19931102
>>19931039
Gaia Gear is more or less an alternative timeline version of Hathaway's Flash story wise. It recycled a bunch of the plot
>>
>>19932901

Which wouldn't necessarily be a completely bad thing if they did it right.

A similar situation happening, way way later post UC 0200, with an even more corrupt Federation and a much changed political landscape in space, and with a clone of Char could be a really interesting setup.

I'd be totally down for a Gaia Gear adaptation too, if only to see the Man Machines in full glory. They're some really out there designs and I love them.

People used to say they couldn't do Hathaway's Flash too because of some contradictory canon nonsense but come on, Gaia Gear being made tv/film canon wouldn't even be the worst example of retro-fitting something to work in the main canon.

What would it be contradicting really? G-Savior? I think its perfectly doable with a few changes.
>>
>>19932901
And you clearly know nothing about Gaia Gear. Good job!
>>
I've been wanting Gaia Gear animated for as long as I can remember.

Though to be fair I can imagine the prospect of having to animate the machines from it with consistent quality could be a bit of an animator's nightmare.
>>
>>19933034
it would be CG so it wouldn't be a problem
>>
>>19932901
Where did you read or watch that little factoid from?
>>
>>19933205

Ehh people say this, but even for CG machines that elaborate are no joke. I could still see this giving even 3D animators a few headaches.
>>
File: Gaia Gear 20.jpg (175 KB, 834x578)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>19933034
>>19933205
>Obari will never do the keyframes for a Gaia Gear movie trilogy animated on 2s or 1s
>>
>>19933254

sigh
>>
>>19933254

That thing is basically a shmup ship at that point.
>>
>>19933254
This thing turned into Macross Plus
>>
File: Gaia Gear 18.jpg (64 KB, 416x615)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>19933270
isn't the POINT of the Man-Machines is that they were swagged out with guns? since they're peak UC tech, all they can have is MORE "gear" (haha) right?
>>
>>19933283

I guess you could see it that way.

Its one thing that makes me really interested in Gaia Gear actually, the idea that while maybe not "peak", the technology is at this whole other level by the time of GG that all the MM's are just packing all these micronized, refined arsenals that would have made Ex-S blush.

And if tech develops from there, they could have the opportunity to start coming up with some really, really out there stuff. One thing I love about the GG machines is they're starting to look so alien compared to what we've been used to a century earlier, which makes sense.
>>
File: Gaia Gear 5.jpg (425 KB, 1280x818)
425 KB
425 KB JPG
>>19933301
I'd really like to see some dark history stuff. I guess that's what Gaia Gear is, right?
The real question is how long UC as a time period lasted, but I think the exact time should be kept ambiguous
>>
>>19933329

Or IF the Turn-Apocalypse even happens.

Like, I know what Tomino's said and G-Recognista etc, but I feel like the story to that whole deal or how it works has changed so often and its something they could change so easily to just say Recognista and/or Turn A just happen after some alternate UC.

I'm just saying I think it shouldn't be something thought about too much. They could take a hypothetical Gaia Gear in a completely different direction disregard needing to line up with RC or CC at all, either because of AU shenannigans or like you said...maybe the "end" of the UC happens hundreds of years in the future for all we know.
>>
>>19932998
Most of the radio drama is already on Youtube. You can easily find Japanese summaries of the novels too.
>>
>>19933363
And those summaries of the novels omit a hell of a lot of finer details. So again, congratulations on knowing nothing!
>>
>>19933391
Such as?
>>
>>19922056
what do you mean "Raw"?
>>
File: Gordon-Ramsay-Its-Raw.jpg (177 KB, 2000x1000)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>19933560

Untranslated is what raw generally means.

Like, it hasn't been touched. Thus, its raw.
>>
>>19933560
how the fuck do you not know what raw means? How new are you?
>>
>>19918842
>>19918958
I actually liked that Amuro was a rusty and bad pilot in Beltorchika's children while Char had continue to hone his edge looking for a final showdown with Amuro. Agreed, though, too many Baby Saves should have only been once.

Worst part of Beltorchika's children for me was slapping a bunch of crap onto Nu and expected a MS reactor to be better at blowing up an asteroid than oh I don't know a giant battleship cannon. It's a nonsense scene only designed to sell a model kit.
>>
>>19932901
Kenneth and his successors set up the resistance org in Gaia Gear, so it's a continuation not an alt timeline.
>>
>>19933560
Peak newfag moment
>>
>>19936132
that's quite frankly a RIDICULOUS statement. On what grounds do you make it?
>>
>>19936122
>too many Baby Saves should have only been once.

I flipped through the manga again and the baby only protects Amuro and Beltorchika once each in chapters 24 and 25, then Amuro's on his own until Axis is about to hit. Are people remembering wrong or is there another save I missed?
>>
>>19933560
Jesus
>>
>>19923367
This I just read it all and honestly minus the baby and a few minor additions and details besides that BC was pretty similar to the movie from what I remember.
>>
>>19936198
A good chunk of the Gaia Gear audio drama is translated, so you could check that out. I haven't listened to it so maybe he's full of shit, maybe not.
>>
>>19921289
>First it was an upgraded streamlined Sazabi that Full Frontal cusomized for pure speed
That was a fan theory

>then we find out Sinanju was actually stolen from Anaheim
>Then it was changed to being a prototype Unicorn Gundam
>and now suddenly Sinanju is related to Nu Gundam
Holy fucking shit dude did you seriously not pay attention or what? Alberto explicitly says all 3 of these things during episode 2 when the Sinanju shows up. GOD I hate you faggots so much sometimes
>>
>>19936198
>>19936509
That came from a description in the pseudo-official Data Gundam : Mobile Suit Gundam Characters II published by Gundam Ace. Supposedly Kenneth may have found Z-Zeon which was the predecessor to Metatron. The drama itself did not make such connection
>>
File: 1624929854261.png (396 KB, 455x395)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
>>19928095
>Then a small child jumps into the ring and hits Char with a tazer, and electrocutes Char repeatedly. Then runs away. Char calls the referee, but everyone watching pretends nothing happened.
>>
>>19930922
>Tomino even released an official statement completely disowning Victory Gundam, telling people he's ashamed of making such a failure, and to not watch Victory Gundam.

>I read it on /m/ it must be true!
>>
>>19937342
It is true. In typical Tomino fashion, it's also a huge prank because said Tomino included the message in a booklet inside the DVD release of Victory Gundam.
>>
>>19937387
Tomino transcended shitposting before most of us were even born
>>
>>19936575
He only says it was stolen from Anaheim. And if you forget, Sazabi was built by Anaheim as well
>>
>>19918641
>>19922077
It's just Tomino telling japs to marry and have children.
>>
>>19937387
>it's also a huge prank because said Tomino included the message in a booklet inside the DVD release of Victory Gundam.
Anon its not a prank. Tomino has said it various times in the past that he's not proud of Victory Gundam. Even in serious Gundam interviews he's never had good things to say about Victory. It was a bad time in his life, and he associates Victory Gundam with that dark time.

They published Tomino's words in the Victory DVD booklet as a publicity stunt. They knew they could never get Tomino to say good things about Victory Gundam DVD release so they changed their strategy. Basically daring the audience to watch it by saying:

"See this kooky old man Tomino thinks this show is bad. Isn't it so interesting that the creator of Gundam hates it so much? Why does he hate it? How interesting! But you can't watch it though. You better listen to your grandparents! Tomino hates it! You aren't allowed to watch it! Do not put this DVD in your player and watch it!"

Its marketing 101.
>>
>>19937500
Tomino doesn't really have good things to say about ANY shoW he worked on except Turn A
>>
>>19937522
>Tomino doesn't really have good things to say about ANY shoW he worked on except Turn A
Tomino has had a lot of good things to say about Char's Counterattack too. It's practically his favorite production. He gushes about it everytime a fan or interviewer asks about it.

Tomino is generally positive about Zeta, but he has mixed feelings about the tone and ending. Tomino has mentioned that sometimes he worries if he made the show's tone a little too dark. But also added that he really wanted to add homoerotic undertones between Amuro and Char in order to tease the female TV audience.

When asked about the Zeta Gundam films Tomino hoped that the 2004 Zeta Gundam films give everyone a more optimistic ending and fix the tone problems of the TV show. His one regret is that Bandai wouldn't give his production team enough budget to redo all the animation for the movie, and that they had to recycle old TV footage.

Mobile Suit Gundam is mostly positive in Tomino's eyes, but he is a bit regretful that the original TV production was so hectic and stressful for all involved. He's more proud of the Mobile Suit Gundam movies where he claims he fixed the problems of the 1970s TV show. Particularly with animation mistakes.

When asked about ZZ Gundam, Tomino has very little to say. He just says his main priority above everything was to make people laugh and fill the show with gags and humor. Story or consistency didn't matter to him. And he has absolutely no interest in revisiting the ZZ-Gundam era ever again. He also adds that it was a very busy time in his life because he was also working on Char's Counterattack at the same time which had most of his attention.

When asked about F91, Tomino claims he completely forgot about the story, and doesn't remember what he was trying to achieve with F91. And that all he remembers is that things fell apart after the movie came out, and he moved on to other things.

And we all know what he says about Victory and Turn A Gundam.
>>
>>19937554
Interesting. What does Tomino say about G-Reco?
>>
>>19937572
Its still ongoing but..

Tomino so far has said that G-Reco isn't made to appeal to Gundam fans. That its meant to be the opposite of Gundam. He wants to appeal to children and a new generation of kids growing up.

Once the show aired, there were complaints about the show being too fast, and it has confusing plot with too many factions. Tomino acknowledges that with just only 26 episodes (half a normal Gundam season), he may been too overambitious. He might have possibly crammed too much information and the show had pacing issues.

He hopes to fix the pacing issues with the G-Reco movies, and present things in a more clear manner. And to possibly improve some animation errors. So far, the movies have been much better received than the TV show.

Personally I am waiting for all the G-Reco films to be out before I watch them. I don't like cliffhangars.
>>
>>19937554
>main priority above everything was to make people laugh and fill the show with gags and humor. Story or consistency didn't matter to him.
i fucking knew it. this literally explains everything wrong with ZZ
>>
I see the sourceless autist is on rampage again
>>
File: Bah gawd.gif (1.41 MB, 278x209)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB GIF
>>19928095
>Then a small child jumps into the ring and hits Char with a tazer, and electrocutes Char repeatedly. Then runs away. Char calls the referee, but everyone watching pretends nothing happened.
BAW GAWD. Amuro's baby is hitting Char with a the steel Chair! Someone get the damn REF!
>>
>>19937554
>When asked about F91, Tomino claims he completely forgot about the story, and doesn't remember what he was trying to achieve with F91. And that all he remembers is that things fell apart after the movie came out, and he moved on to other things.

RIP my dream about F91 sequel then.
>>
>>19938439
F91 and V is the downward spiral Tomino. I doubt he will really revisit those. It's unfortunate because their novelizations were interesting even by their summaries
>>
>>19938515
Did the F91 novel ever get translated?
>>
>>19938555

Nope. Closest we have is some notes an anon made on it a few years back after reading it. https://pastebin.com/YJ689JvB
>>
>>19938555
An anon commissioned zeonic to do it but they (anon) never shared it with the community
>>
>>19938439
>RIP my dream about F91 sequel then.
It doesn't help that the F91 models sold poorly and were expensive to make.

Bandai thought that having smaller mobile suits would mean they would save money and use less plastic on the model kits.

Turns out making extra small mobile suits required Bandai to retool their factory machines, AND the end result of going smaller with models makes the plastic really fragile. And it can snap or break easily. Lots of complaints in came in about the F91 models.
>>
>>19938731
Did they fix the problem for Victory or still easy to break?
>>
>>19938690
Reading this is fascinating, I'm hoping that if we do get an F91 prequel and/or sequel they take a lot from this, the stuff about Buch Concern and the Cosmo Aristocracy really help to differentiate the Vanguard from Zeon

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.