[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>looks like in his 50s
>is officially 35 years old during the One Year War
What the fuck is up with Japs not knowing how to draw age-appropriate characters? Even Akria Toriyama has trouble doing it as he seems to make every character under 16 years old look like prepubescent children
>>
It might be something to do with how work may or may not totally dominate Japanese folks' lives as they get older, so they tend to have weird (for us) views on fictional character age and behavior.
>>
Spacenoid genes causing premature greying
>>
>>19764386
Build Fighters had a scene making fun of this
>>
I think it might just be because Ramba Ral's reputation sounds like reputation of a much older career military man.
>>
>>19764386
>he hasnt seen people who are very stressed out
look at obama aging or the that anchor who has gray hair
>>
>>19764521
*japanese anchor
>>
>>19764386
Wong Lee was 26 during Zeta so fuck age-appropriate appearances. Come to think of it Kai was a 30 year old looking mf during 0079.
>>
>>19764386
>looks like in his 30s
>is officially 35 years old during the One Year War
OP is a fucking faggot
>>
>>19764386
/tv/ tier shitpost
>>
>>19764841
But he grew up handsome in Z and UC
>>
>>19764888
based illiterate retard
>>
You are putting too much thought into it.

Characters are drawn to be appealing, the lore is whatever
>>
>>19764386
Prussian military stache adds 10 years, both physically and mentally.
>>
judging from Origin he gained like 40 lbs in like two months that would do a number on anyone
>>
>>19768807
>Characters are drawn to be appealing, the lore is whatever
Really good character design should be rooted in physiognomy desu
>>
>>19769346
Then ignore the part where they say he's 35 and headcanon that he's 45 or 55. His age is not important to the plot AT ALL
>>
>>19769350
I didn't even know his age at all
>>
>>19764888
Your an underage faggot if you think people look like this in their 30s. Ramba looks like he is in his 50s at least.
>>
>>19769391
>people look like this in their 30s
Yeah, they do, dumb fucking faggot. Next time you make a thread like this just say you can't grow a single hair on your chest faggot.
>>
>>19769391
Check some old photos of Prussian military officers. The big moustache and uniform make people appear much older.
>>
>>19764521
Obama was 47 and a half years old at the day of his inaguration. I'm sure the job didn't help, but his aging over the course of 8 years from that age makes sense of his aging.
>>
So people age like milk. And considering that Ramba Ral:
>Is knowing working for the people who killed the man he was truly loyal to
>Had to raise/secret away said man's children
>Is a survivor of the most horrific parts of the early OYW
>Was able to pilot a Zaku I so well that he was official recognized as an Ace pilot during the Battle of Loum

I can imagine that he greyed pretty quickly.
Plus, it's older looking for narrative reasons; he's suppose to LOOK like an old honorable soldier.
>>
>>19764386
Keep in mind someone in their mid 30s back in the 70s and even into the 80s would have actually looked it, and not like modern cherub faced sboys
>>
>>19764386
Reminder that Chirico Cuvie is 18 years old and definitely not at least ten years older than that
>>
>>19770795
While that's true to a point (see how "high school kids" in the 60s-80s all looked like grown ass adults) I think even with that Ral is pushing it.
>>
>>19764391
Not just that, but sempai/kohai relationships and Japanese elder respect rules mean that they tend to act like there's huge age gaps between people only a year or two apart. See Zechs and Noin at 19 lamenting the "young" soldiers who are like 2 years younger than them.

Meanwhile the west tends to treat everyone within the same 15-20 year age bracket the same. Being at the company for a year doesn't make you some kind of elder figure to a rookie.

Really it just comes down to how everything in Japanese society is built around heirachy

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.