[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

But why tho?........
>>
Maybe because they have Unicorn already and are going to release the trilogy and CCA; not mention how popular Netfilx is so it only makes sense.
>>
>>19763809
Netflix was willing to give sunrise the most money for exclusive rights than any other stream service, duh
>>
>>19763809
So, does that i mean I won't have to wait half a year for the blue rays?
>>
>>19763809
>Banrise + Netflix
Match made in heaven.
>>
>>19763833
BD come out to day man, they must be getting ripped by now, give It a day at most.
>>
>>19763809
already? did it get dubbed also?
>>
>>19763816
Netflix is getting the Tomino trilogy? When?
>>
>>19763859
June 18 iirc
>>
>>19763809
It’s honestly deserves more looking into. Netflix pumps out so many original giant mech shows and they all flop.
>kuromukuro
>ID-0
>last hope
>eden
>their ultra Man
>new cybertron series
>knights of sidonia
>Godzilla planet series
>love death & robots season 1&2
>pacific rim black
Then they did their own release Eva with new translations and dubs. Along with always having unicorn and ttgl available.
Then we got singular point. now More gundam series keep showing up on Netflix. Last week we got the msg compilation movies and CCA. Then they announced the live action gundam movie is going to be a Netflix exclusive. Now we get a English home release of Hathaways flash 20 days after it releases in theatres in Japan.
It’s important note these are not financial safe decisions. Mech in notoriously expensive to produce. All these new ip shows are flops. The branded shows fair better, but still arnt hugely popular. Their release of Eva didn’t perform as well as they hoped. But they just keep going.
It seems like someone who’s got a decent amount of executive power at Netflix really likes mech.
I don’t think we've seen a western company invest this hard into it since toonami.
>>
>>19763809
So what does a Netflix deal mean for a physical release? I'm a pretentious ass and I hate streaming movies.
>>
>>19763974
>It’s honestly deserves more looking into. Netflix pumps out so many original giant mech shows and they all flop.
Aren't all of those shows 3DCGI crap? Maybe that's a contributing factor.
>>
>>19763983
Yes that’s definitely part of it. I’m not really concerned with the quality of the show. Just why they keep making them
>>
>>19763983
As far as 3dcgi goes I think Studio Orange is doing great work with it.
>>
>>19763982
you won't get one anytime soon
>>
>>19763974
Knights, ULTRMAN and Pacific Rim Black were hits for Netflix.
>>
>>19763974
The only explanation for this is that there's a /m/an somewhere in the higher up offices of Netflix.
God bless his heart.

>>19763809
Banrise wants to revive Gundam in the west, so they're using the biggest streaming platform to their advantage.
Netflix is also distributing the live-action Gundam movie so doing this will help drum up interest in the franchise ahead of that.
>>
Let Netflix produce a new AU gundam series
>>
>>19763974
i assume gaijin desperate to pollute the animation industry (correctly) surveyed the landscape, realized japanese animation studios were basically done with mecha as a genre, and decided that there was a niche they could slot in and eventually be able to push their pozzed garbage on people who have no real alternatives
>>
>>19764002
Yeah, Narrative took a while to get released on BD too. I think like a year after it was in theatres in the US?
>>
>>19764095
>Banrise wants to revive Gundam in the west, so they're using the biggest streaming platform to their advantage.

Then why doesn't Netflix have the rights to Zeta Gundam (most popular series in Japan), Wing (most popular series in the west), and IBO (most popular contemporary series)?
>>
>>19763974
Sidonia didn't flop.
>>
>>19764149
They probably wanna focus on pushing the stuff they're currently developing.
Also japanese companies have a history of not marketing well to the west, they often just get lucky.
>>
>>19764149
Just because Banrise theoretically wants to expand Gundam's footprint doesn't mean they're going to be smart or successful about it.
>>
>>19763974
you're reading too much into it. it doesn't matter if most of it flops. netflix has evolved to the point where it's pennies for them to invest in something new. debt is cheaper than ever; just see how warner and at&t have some stupid amount like 100+ billion in debt? most of the stuff on their list they aren't even on the production committee for so it was probably cheap as hell to license rights for. keeping unicorn and ttgl is pennies since they're old shows. doubt they paid more than 6 figures for both. gundaminfo even gives a bunch of old gundam shows away on youtube. eva probably costed a few million to license and dub but it's not a huge investment. licensing and even getting on a production committee to fund part of an anime is really not where the money is. evangelion is a big deal because of the money to be made in its brand - especially pachinko and merch. and netflix sure as hell will never be given the rights to those big boy revenue streams.
both godzilla and ultraman are known brands - pitching six figures or very low seven figures to toho or bandai to help fund a couple of shows that gets them some content people will be likely to watch on netflix or at least is newsworthy is a win-win. it's a win for toho or bandai because they can use that new shiny IP that everyone knows about to cross-sell into the mountain of merch, pachinko, mobile games, etc they'll be advertising at the same time in japan and elsewhere. i imagine movies are different though because putting it on netflix means you're losing box office which is a good amount of money on its own so those are real investments, though with hathaway's flash i doubt they expect it to do more than low 7 digits even if covid wasnt a thing so it probably wasn't nearly as expensive as something like that live action gundam movie which i could see costing 8 or 9 figures to nab.
>>
>>19764149
They do have IBO, they’ll probably get zeta very soon after the msg movies and CCA
Wing, I’m not sure about. It might have something to do with it being on gundam info for free so Netflix is less inclined to pay for it
>>
Because they're just buying exclusive rights for their library to force people into using Netflix
>>
>>19763974
I thought Knight of Sidonia and their Ultra man did well.
FUCK love death and robots though, so much garbage to sift through just to get to the decent shit.
>>
>>19764216
Sidonia ultraman and cybertron all did well, but it still a relatively small fanbase. Idk how the profits for shows like that even work because for ultraman and transformers it’s all in the merchandise which Netflix sees no part of.
Really interested in how singular point will perform when it gets the English release
>>
>>19764161
like take something like godzilla sp
people say it costs 200 to 300k to make an anime episode these days, it has 13 episodes so something like 4m to make
first you have toho. this is godzilla and they have big hopes so they put in say 1.5m. they're also the home video manufacturer. netflix, say 800k. all domestic and international streaming rights so it's a bit more expensive than say a normal low to mid-6 digit min guarantee. next is the tv broadcaster. it's not a netflix exclusive in japan but netflix is airing episodes a week early, so maybe he cheaped out. 400k. music guy is avex. he wants to promote bish, and he thinks this could be popular. also dumps 400k. maybe they have a couple other sponsors like some merch and live guys and they end up scrounging up to the 4m. then what do you see? godzilla sp does well in disc sales. currently it's projected to sell 6k average per volume (3 total) at 120 a volume. that's over 2m just from disc sales. toho is the disc manufacturer so this already covers his part. this is getting a good amount of buzz in japan too so toho definitely made a bunch more back in merch, pachinko, and mobile games. each guy on the committee probably also takes a cut of these too except maybe netflix cause fuck gaijin companies lol. then multiply this for 30-40 shows a season and that's the anime industry. anime really isn't that expensive to license compared to live action tv because it's not expensive at all to make in comparison.

aja publishes reports of the industry and the breakdown last year is something like 500b yen domestic merch, a hidden 400b in mobage, 300b yen domestic pachinko, 70b domestic tv revenue, 65b yen domestic streaming, 70b yen theatrical box office, 1.2t yen overseas (most of which is not streaming rights and is probably similar to japan's breakdown aside from pachinko). it's estimated in another report that international anime broadcast (tv, streams, home video) rights is something like 21b yen/yr. peanuts.
>>
>>19763809

YES

YES

YESSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>19764206
wow it's so hard to click all the way over on a piracy site
>>
>>19763974
Was Knights of Sidonia really a "flop" though? My dad is super invested in it and it was like the one reason why he held onto a netflix subscription so long
It also got two seasons and a movie and I hear people IRL talking about it all the time at gunpla/modeling meetups (although it's literally been over a year since I've heard anyone talking about it there since nobody really does those right now)
I even saw it got another movie coming later this year. It seems like it's the furthest thing from a flop.
>>
>>19764369
Sidonia was supposed to be in the
>branded shows fair better category
Because the blame author is pretty well known
Not the Netflix original category like ID-0
>>
>>19764342
netflix has something like 300m subscribers worldwide
that's 30 billion dollars a year to dump into anything
anime is just another cheap regional play for them that's gotten a bit more globally friendly
they're probably investing in tons of asian dramas and bollywood shit too
>>
>>19763974
Knights of Sidonia Ultraman and Pacific Rim were all succesful
>>
You think it might have something to do with the Gundam movie? You know like pushing some older Gundam movies and the latest one to kind of drum up hype for the Legendary movie.
>>
>>19764465
Legendary movie is a long way off, but they're probably bolstering their Gundam library overall in advance of it

In this case I think it's just that the cinema system is a train wreck because of covid, Netflix probably paid a lot more than any typical limited run anime release would have made
>>
>>19764485
Gundam NT only made 260k in the US. I doubt Netflix paid much more than a million or two for this movie.
>>
>>19763809
>everyone claims the trailer has the release date
>no fucking release date
>was supposed to come out today
WHERE THE FUCK IS IT BANRISE
>>
>>19764185
Only the Build series are permanently on Gundam.info; everything else gets rotated in and out for a couple months per round.
>>
>>19764095
I feel m/e/n are getting more power in the media. Maybe we can someday have a FINAL GRAND GLORIOUS GATHERING with an awesome live action mecha movie?

Who knows.
>>
>>19765439
July 1st
>>
>>19764149
They just released wing on YouTube
>>
>>19765439
Netflix made the video private, that's why. So either July 1st is a lie, or... yeah.
>>
>>19766041
It’s up again now but the July 1st was removed and it just says coming soon to Netflix
>>
>>19763809
They may be betting on the Gundam Live Action movie increasing interest in the franchise and pushing people who watched the movie to go and seek out the source material
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKpOLg3ZJX0
KINO
>>
>>19769804
>2:33
HOLY FUCK
>>
>>19764268
Those numbers are bloated to hell because big anime studio owners like to pay themselves big checks (their animators don't usually see much of the contract money) and also because they always hire their famous friends to make the music

If you ONLY paid for the animators and used some random indie band's music, hired no-name voice actors and college interns for sound effects/audio mixing the cost shrinks down to almost nothing
>>
>>19769819
wtf is that real
>>
File: sneed cat zeon.gif (126 KB, 181x191)
126 KB
126 KB GIF
>>19769836
>>
>>19769831
>vilifying studio owners

they're usually just trying to even keep their studio afloat

you should be complaining about producers
>>
>>19763982
Typically with Netflix having exclusive stream rights, it means you have to wait a year for someone to be able to pick up physical rights.

Or, buy a BD Copy on Ebay, since they're being sold at screenings.
>>
>>19769831
i'm not sure what fantasy world you're living in where 4m for a seasonal cour tv show is expensive. it's literally nothing. to make any live action tv show you're at least paying multiples of that. there's already more anime coming out that you can never watch and you suddenly care about the animators yet want to cut costs so that it costs like half a million for a cour? fuck off.
>>
>>19764100
So you like train wrecks as well?
>>
The shills are strong in here
>>
I got Netflix, all u bros can come over and we can netflix and chill watching Hathaway
>>
>>19770846
Alright man I'm in. Also bringing my Legend of the Blue Wolves DVD, that cool with you bro?
>>
>>19770683
I like having physical, but I'm not keen on Japanese after market prices. That year window sounds right. I wait.
>>
>>19764149
This is second hand but my brother lived in Japan a few years back and told me most of the old Gundam shows were on the Japanese Netflix at that time. He had mentioned rewatching Zeta amongst other series on there.
>>
>>19764149
Wing is on Hulu. Hulu actually has a pretty good mix of older Toonami era 90s stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Outlaw Star, DBZ, etc. I've been slowly making my way through GunxSword which is also on Hulu.
>>
>>19770683
Well firstly Netflix, as far as I'm aware, only have the International streaming rights, which shouldn't affect physical releases in Japan. Secondly, what you're talking about is usually for independent films that have no licensor/distributor
>>19764148
No it didn't. It only took six months from the Japanese theatrical release to the Japanese blu-ray release. Since they're already selling the Blu-Ray of Hathaway in theatres I would be surprised if it was even that for a general release.
>>
Gundam The Origins, Unicorn and 0079 are also on Funimaton as well. So right now the only Gundam that has in English dub to it is Zeta that isn't on a streaming service iirc. So it could show up on either platform at this rate.
>>
https://nyaa.si/view/1397570
actually real
>>
>>19771526
heavy breathing
>>
File: mpv-shot0205.jpg (361 KB, 1920x1080)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
>>
>>19771526
added to my seedbox!
>>
>>19763809

>>19771526

Gandam Hasaue
>>
>>19771526
english subs!?
>>
>>19771526
wonder if these are done by the same guys that put english subs on the japanese frontier movie box set
>>
File: [hasaway1.webm (2.6 MB, 960x540)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB WEBM
>>19771526
watched it, the fights are pretty damn good. Love how "grounded" it feels. Sound effects are really different compared to usual Gundam too.
>>
>>19771739
more webms pls
can you do one of where Gawman ascends and it shows it from his pov, a bit before he loses his thruster.
>>
File: part 2.png (32 KB, 598x266)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
Looks like they're gonna take more liberties in Part 2. I just hope that they keep the same energy as Part 1 and don't add any Unicorn/NT bullshit in this.
>>
Kino movie but I wish it was a little longer.
Feels like it's occasionally missing explanations for stuff.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.97 MB, 960x540)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB WEBM
>>19771779
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3 MB, 960x540)
3 MB
3 MB WEBM
>>19771834
Jegan manhunter
>>
why is hathaway such a weak newtype
he's weaker than his mom
>>
After watching it I can't really say I have any desire to watch the next 2 films after this. Hathaways been propped up on a plinth as the second coming of char when the viewers only prior experience with him was that of a spoiled brat that got an experienced solider killed. To propose such a radical u turn for a character that with no explanation whatsoever he was able to form a private militia with the resources to take the fight to the earth federation as well as procure a gundam is ridiculous. We've seen what xi can do, we've seen penelope. As far as I'm aware there aren't any drastic departures in mobile suit load outs over the course of the novels so a far as designs are concerned this movie more than likely tapped the well. And I'm not particularly bothered by missing the story seeing as this entry into the time line is inconsequential and wasn't even a part of the canon for decades, its not like the story will have some grand reveal that shake the foundations of the UC timeline.
>>
>>19771834
Thanks man, that hud pov is so good. love the warning sound effects too.
>>
>>19771852
>random-ass Jolibee® product placement
hah.
>>
>>19771858
Good pilots tends to be weak newtypes and Strong newtypes are often scrubs that are mostly carried by their machines and space magic.
>>
>>19771858
>why is hathaway such a weak newtype
>he's weaker than his mom
Lane aim is even worst than hathaway as a newtype.
>>
File: unknown-1.png (16 KB, 935x170)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>19771526
bruh
>>
>>19771983
It was real, I downloaded it. Uploader must have deleted it for some reason?
>>
>>19771991
Fuuuuck I didn't download it in time :(
>>
>>19771852
>>19771870
>Jollibee in UC
kek
>>
>>19771998
>>19771983
here's the torrent file, I don't know how to get magnet link.
https://files.catbox.moe/hfz3bj.torrent
>>
>>19772007
Thanks!
>>
>>19771785
There's barely anything in novel 2 which is probably why they're expanding it.

I just hope they don't get rid of the Gigi nude scene
>>
>>
>>19770908
It's true. Netflix Japan has old shows not made available internationally
>>
The opening is literally James Bond.
It starts with actions scene, which then wraps up and protagonist introduces himself "I'm Bond. James Bond" or rather in this case "I'm Noa. Hathaway Noa" and then it plays a blatant James Bond-style opening with a very James Bond-like song.
And I fucking loved that.
>>
>>19772007
posted it in the other thread, too magnet:?xt=urn:btih:c00211658caa9ae396ac675e3a5d4e74788d35d5&dn=%5bEclatax%5d%20Mobile%20Suit%20Gundam%20-%20Hathaway%27s%20Flash%20%5bBDRip%201080p%2010-bit%20Flacx2%20x265%5d.mkv&tr=http%3a%2f%2fnyaa.tracker.wf%3a7777%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.stealth.si%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3a451%2fannounce
>>
>>19771951
amuro is the perfect mix then
>>
>>19772691
Amuro breaks the system by being BOTH
>>
>>19771858
Lack of combat experience. Nothing to strengthen those Newtype skills
>>
>>19772742
Gigi has never fought and her NewType powers are completely broken.
>>
>>19771858
Lane Aim is also a Newtype and he's a jobber.
>>
>>19764342
I gave up and subscribed to it long ago. With a Smart TV it's pretty convenient to stream shit directly on your massive television screen, it's pretty good.
>>
>>19771858
newtypes get weaker by late uc no? seabrook and uso were nothing to write home about
>>
>>19772919
smart tv interfaces are dogshit
just hook a computer to your tv
>>
>>19771870
>>19771999
Is there something special about it?
>>
>>19763809
>https://nyaa.si/view/1397796#comments
BD Raws are out, i'll wait for a proper encode
>>
>>19772948
It's just a well known fast food place for the Philippines.
>>
>>19772927
>smart tv interfaces are dogshit
>just hook a computer to your tv

yeah, I tried to put it in a flash drive and despite my tv recognizing the encode and styling the subtitles so they wouldn't be that white borderless font, it didn't recognize either audio tracks. had to hook a laptop to it
>>
>>19772925
USO was seeing ghosts on earth. He was plenty strong as a nrwtype. He had no biosensor or psycho frame. Not even a biocomputer.
>>
the movie was really good....basically hathaway was given every chance to reconsider his actions and chose to carry onand is literally going up against a pure hearted rival
>>
>>19773613
A pure hearted rival that is working for a trash Earth Federation.
>>
>>19774095
meh, not a new thing
>>
>>19774111
Jerid's heart was pure, heh heh, but make no mistake. It's pure jobbing.
>>
File: 1623503980138.png (115 KB, 230x345)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
BOKU WA HASAWEI......

HASAWEI NOA DA
>>
>>19772887
He's a Cyber NT autist more like Four/Rosamia
>>
>>19764117
Could you post some examples of Netflix-licensed mecha being "pozzed"?
>>
File: gustav.png (1.02 MB, 1920x2160)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
fuck I finished the movie.

battles framed from civilian POV are the best

Also

>Gustav you fat fuck
>>
>>19764117
Well, that's all Netflix really is. Communist subversion disguised as a streaming service
>>
>>19775108
i said eventually, anon
>>
>>19775167
In my headcanon this pilot recently upgraded from a Jegan and underestimates its pure chonk.
>>
>>19774095
Mafty was killing innocent people too you know?
>>
The show was suprisinglyTomino like with the media in res and dailogue. I have to be lieve Tomino gave more input that he let on.
>>
>>19771859
Holy shit what a retarded take. Hathaway was compared to Char only in the media. Kenneth was already questioning Gawman about the backer of Mafty. "Quack salver" the "general" was already name dropped some Mafty members. Do you expect everything to be explained to you up front? Hathaway just got back to his crew with his Gundam
>>
This was fucking great man
>>
>>19775519
Mafty engages in harm minimization, the Feds don't
>>
how do i feel about the movie bros
>>
File: E3myEtDXMAIcbzk.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/uSbUEJtkhNw
>>
>>19763974
>Then they did their own release Eva with new translations
Didn't everyone hate that
>>
>>19775664
See >>19775646
>>
If Netflix can make the Gundam library available without censoring the shit out of it then my hat will be off to them.
>>
>>19772927
People still do this shit?
>>
>>19763974
all of those SUCKED
>>
File: Clipboard01.png (1.02 MB, 1611x891)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
Her voice is too childish, it doesn't suit her.
>>
>>19771859
Wow you're stupid. He didn't start Mafty or fund it. Also they bribed Anaheim to 'lose' their next Gundam shipment. Do you even pay attention to the story or do you just desperately look for things to bitch about?
>>
>>19771859
Gawman was making fun of Hathaway and federation's fear of Ghost of Chars
>>
>>19776531
You can't feel her VA's power if you don't release the Char inside you.
>>
>>19776519
It's so much faster and better than any smart TV interface. Unless you have some garbage hand-me-down PC from the 90s
>>
>>19776531
The elevator whispering ASMR scene made my dick rock solid
>>
>>19775085
>He's a Cyber NT
No, he's a regular Newtype.
>>
>>19771859
>shake the foundations of the UC timeline.
Why would you even expect that unless you are a retarded unicornfag who bought Fukui's space illuminati fanfic. We already know the established UC timeline and it is the continued decay of the EF until the Earthsphere collpased into warring state and eventually a kind of space feudalism referred to in G-reco. There is nothing that would change this. Hathaway's flash is baically a testament to this inevitability
>>
File: 1608970926843.jpg (847 KB, 1920x1080)
847 KB
847 KB JPG
This is very based movie.
Gigi is cute autist
I really liked how it's trying to be pretty realistic with Gundam technology and lore. Hell there is a lot tech porn. It made me want to play something like Elite Dangerous/Star Citizen but with Gundams
>>
>>19763816
Netflix already has CCA and Gundam Trilogy
>>
File: Clipboard01.png (142 KB, 1589x888)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
Hathaway is a good boy.
>>
>>19776479
What's there to censor?
>>
File: 1561403210120.jpg (503 KB, 1280x2160)
503 KB
503 KB JPG
>>19763974
>Then they did their own release Eva with new translations and dubs.
Which caused multiple shitstorms all over /a/.
>>
>>19776562
>The elevator whispering ASMR scene made my dick rock solid
That doesn't mean much. Your dick gets rock solid at slight breeze. You have no standards
>>
>>19776479
Netflix has never censored anything before, retard
>>
>>19775167
>Oh fuck, Oh fuck
>Should've skipped Jollibee lunch and brought less snacks on board.
Probably American as well
>>
>>19776843
And you have erectile dysfunction LUL
>>
>>19776813
I believe the new dub and translation was after the 3.0 dub debacle, not Netflix itself.
>>
File: 1535533740235.gif (1.97 MB, 500x525)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
just finished watching the copy I dl'd.
feeling mighty tempted to pick up that Penelope vs. Xi double kit now.
>>
>>19776536
>He didn't start Mafty or fund it. Also they bribed Anaheim to 'lose' their next Gundam shipment.

Coukd you point to literally anywhere in the movie that explains that? All they mention in regards to Xi is that there's a package being dropped and they need to intercept it. And there has been no mention towards the origins of mafty so you can only take what is told to you - people are comparing mafty to char and hathaway is the leader of mafty.
>>
>>19777009
Not him, they didn't make it overly apparent, but the movie tells us:

-Hathaway was meeting Anaheim shortly before he left for Earth
-Safelights were destroyed
-Then the drop

That gives us enough info to assume Anaheim is helping them in some form. Character profiles also established Mafty existing before Hathaway joined, his girlfriend was his ticket into the organization.
>>
>>19777036
Uh... those satellites were destroyed years before Hathaway goes down to Earth...
>>
>>19776966
Well, Netflix has their own translation of Hathaway's Flash, that much was confirmed. There's going to be a shitstorm over the subs either way. It seems that the company they hired to do this release uses some weird AI tech, so we probably have a hybrid of human-machine translation.
>>
>>19777036
It's a bit of an unfair stretch to imply that you need to read the fucking character profiles to infer that mafty existed before hathaway became its leader.
>>
>>19777009
Did you miss the entire conversation at the Jolibee?
>>
>>19777052
I didn't, but he wants a statement and the profiles give him one. The movie makes it obvious enough.

>>19777039
Maybe I misunderstood, he shuttle talked about the satellite's as if they were recently destroyed, the lines are:

-Looks like a surveillance satellite.
-Must be Mafty's doing.
-A gap has opened up in the Oceania Airspace.
-What could they be thinking. (referring to the highers up in the Federation)
-They aren't worried about it. Otherwise they wouldn't all be meeting on Earth.

We finally see the satellites and they're trashed.
>>
File: 1574102738719.jpg (363 KB, 640x620)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
terrible heroine, like most gundamn. It kinda ruined it for me
>>
>Hathaway decides to become a Char
>immediately gets spooked by Grim Reaper Amuro Ray the exterminator of Char
>>
File: 1623705573164.jpg (880 KB, 1920x1080)
880 KB
880 KB JPG
>pic related is hathaway's gf
Knew it, he's a closet homo.
>>
>>19777084
>short hair tomboy
Man's just got good taste.
What, you didn't want him to court Gigi "my holes for 80 year olds" Andalucia, did you?
>>
>>19777071
>DEATH (SHINIGAMI) COMES WHEN WE DON'T EXPECT IT, HASUWEI
>>
You were going to pirate it anyways, why do you care?
>>
Saw it yesterday. Is it just me or movie is kinda shit? Well, messer vs feddies in the middle was pure kino and visual and sound are good most of the time, but what most important is scenario, right? And scenario sucks. Slice parts are especially bad with their tomino-speeches and heavy tilt to dirty talk.
>>
>>19778353
The scenario seems interesting to me. You have the EF, traditionally "the good guys" decaying so much that a good young man turns against them in a suicide mission to change the world. You have post-CCA MS actually on Earth, and the different scenarios that brings up with the tech growth. You have different ways to have Gigi naked on screen as much as possible.
>>
>>19778357
Outline of the plot sounds nice, yeah. But actual set of scenes is too chaotic and dialogues are jarring.
Well, maybe I just sticked to detailed slow-paced stories for too long.
>>
Can Amuro take on both Lane Aim and Hathaway in a 2vs1 with a Rick Dias with a Base Jabber?
>>
>>19778422
He can take on your mom with a Base Jabber.
>>
>>19778434
And he can take on yours too
>>
Is lame aim a newtype/cyber newtype or normal test pilot like kou uraki?
>>
File: flash.png (423 KB, 1920x1080)
423 KB
423 KB PNG
>>19770879
You can buy second-hand Japanese disc releases on Japanese Amazon for cheap.
>>
>>19763809
Because some coked out international relations rep told some Bandai rep that it was the hip streaming service all the kids were into these days. Same reason we only got Cross Rays on PC, same reason the West keeps getting the shittiest entries in amazing Eastern IPs. Japanese companies know fuck all about the Western market.
>>
File: Clipboard01.png (2.13 MB, 1920x1080)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
And people still want to migrate to Earth?
>>
File: Clipboard01.png (1.28 MB, 1920x1080)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
Why are the official subs so shit? Is Netflix always like that?
Is somebody working on better subs?
>>
>>19778787
Those are Sunrises subtitles
>>
>>19778787
It's accurate. That's how flips talk.
>>
>>19778547
He can use the funnel missiles so he's a newtype.
>>
>>19778813
Am flip. Can confirm we say dumb shit like this.

>"Boy, I like an older woman!"
>"Boy, gusto talaga ng matandang babae!"
>>
The new movies are making me sorry for the federation.
>>
>>19778787
Are we gonna get Flip dub for this in Netflix?
>>
>>19778357
But that's just Zeta. The protag got his brain fried at the end.
>>
>>19778787
What is wrong with this? He's trying to make conversation and is talking about that Mafty woman (I forget her name) who hired him to pick up Hathaway
>>
>>19778787
That's literally what he says
>>
>>19778784
Thanks to ZZ, we saw how terrible life can be on several colonies, Shangri-La, Moon Moon, Tigerbaum, you name it. I would take flip suburbs over those orbiting shitholes any day
>>
>>19778784
Seems like a regular Flip urban place to me.
>>
>>19778784
Spacenoids probably only get to see the Tourist versions of Earth in advertisements so the big clean historic cities, the beautiful countryside shots and shit like that.
So they don't see things like pic related or the slums of those big cities or the destroyed wilderness.
>>
https://youtu.be/gaZgnxkys8A
>>
File: Hathaway's Flash.png (722 KB, 1920x1080)
722 KB
722 KB PNG
I'm almost bothered by how decent this movie turned out. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit despite having some resentment toward other UC era Gundams not getting anime. Now I'm looking forward to the rest.
>>
>>19778969
epic style
thanks anon
>>
>>19778357
Unfortunately the feddies are STILL the good guys despite the movie trying to shown them as a fascist, totalitarian regime. Hathaway putting thousands of people's lives at risk during his escape and the hostage scene go to show why military checks can be necessary.
>>
>>19778547
Newtype, he's also been flagged as Newtypes in videogames for 2 decades now.
>>
>>19778547
He's a JobberType
>>
>>19779421
Mafty try to minimize casualties during the attack while the Feds go absolutely ham in a population center trying to take them down.

They are not the good guys.
>>
>>19779384
This Post credit Ending frame should've been a couple seconds of rioting. Just feels out of place
>>
>>19775648
so?
getting people who arejust trying to get to the next day in his little tirade against the feddies isn't right even if he tries to limit casualties (poorly mind you)
>>
>>19777354
Take your meds.
>>
>>19778547
test pilot newtype (on the weaker side) who hasn't been sharpened by combat
>>
Is this how Newtype Autists dance or just the future?
>>
>>19780141
>t. Its Not Fair To Shoot At Me When I Use City Blocks As A Living Shield Gawman
>>
File: sieg zion.jpg (3.41 MB, 5824x3904)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB JPG
>>19776580
>space illuminati
Sieg Zion
>>
>>19780702
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ueaUfeEhD4
>>
>>19777354
did you forget your meds?>>19777483
>>
>>19780719

>>19780730
>>
>>19777043
Really? Link?
>>
>>19763974
Knights of Sidonia could have been great if not for that awful 3dcgi animation
I enjoyed the story but it took a lot of episodes to get used to that animation
>>
>>19780489
The transition from this scene to the Messer attack was so fucking good
>>
>>19780489
Gigi was freaking out so bad during the MS attack because she dropped ecstasy at the club and was rolling balls the whole time.
>>
They are doing everything they can to keep relevancy.

Fuck Netflix.
>>
>>19780489
it's like as if there was a dance scene in banner saga
>>
>>19775167
Gustav Karl Is Not Fat
>>
>>19784724
The bass transition to insert song was kino.
>>
>>19764465
>the Legendary movie
Mobile Suit Gundam: G-Saviour
>>
>>19778969
>>19779394
>copyright claim
what was it?
>>
>>19788305
You're way too late to be asking that, that was the entire movie w/ eng subs
>>
>>19763974
How do things "flop" on a streaming platform anyway? This isn't movies on demand from satellite tv where you have to pay to watch something once, your netflix subscription gets you access to EVERYTHING. I use my family's netflix but I just use it for watching TNG, does it matter that I'm watching that and not something else?
>>
>>19778784
I really like how they manage to make the slums more futuristic yet still a slum
>>
So with the Gundam Trilogy coming out tomorrow, will it have a new dub or the old broken one? As far as I know, they have yet to release and anime sub only so I wonder if this will be the same.
>>
>>19788318
They definitely track views and also try to figure out which new subscribers came for the content, if it's too bad they'll take it down or stop paying licensing fees at the very least.
>>
>>19789672
why do you think netflix cares about a tiny investment like a few million per quarter in anime when they make 30 billion a year in subs globally? all of their big investments are those live action originals and stuff like that new gundam movie, not these literally who anime series that they bought the global streaming rights for
>>
>>19778736
>19778736
"second-hand"

Hathaway's second, look at that gigi
>>
>>19789672
The difference here is that the Trilogy movies are probably just being treated as advertising for Hathaway and really for the live action movie since they're getting distribution/streaming for it. Gotta lay the groundwork to support the real big investments and shit.
>>
>>19789799
"second-hand"
looks like Hathaway second-handed that Gigi right there!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.