[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Here's the Entwistle Rangers tie-in comic Edition
>Dino Fury
https://mega.nz/folder/cbomzb6B#sO0-2i4X8STxqskoKZg67w
Gold revealed
https://news.tokunation.com/characters/dino-fury-gold-ranger
https://officialpowermorphicon.com/2021/04/30/power-rangers-dino-fury-coming-to-netflix/

>Beast Morphers Episodes
https://mega.nz/#F!a3gX3SIL!703yqTtEy3PWGty2DHmVdA
https://mega.nz/folder/E0xVlCZY#W64d1bcnW1UzfjMKOTvfdA
https://twitter.com/KRSentai/status/1340206477475274754?s=20
>Official YouTube Channels
https://www.youtube.com/c/PowerRangersOfficial/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbIm2iqwql8bFqkO2bHv7Mw/videos

>BOOM! Studios Comics:
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Vol. 10 - Latest Volume)
- Go Go Power Rangers (Vol. 6 - Latest Volume)
- Power Rangers: Pink
- Power Rangers: Aftershock
- Power Rangers: Lost Chronicles
- Justice League / Power Rangers

https://www.mediafire.com/?w806xqswst6v8
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-uXKBhNeSFJU0tHRWEtb2stUkk?usp=sharing

>Battle for the Grid League
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjrZpktw2H8
>Battle for the Grid Street Fighter crossover trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbM7p5-cG2k

>Movie reboot details
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/power-rangers-reboot-works-1262562
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/power-rangers-getting-film-and-tv-treatment-from-im-not-okay-with-this-co-creator-exclusive
https://deadline.com/2020/10/eone-hasbro-bryan-edward-hill-power-rangers-movie-1234604204/

>Coming Soon:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/renegadegamestudios/power-rangers-heroes-of-the-grid-rise-of-the-psycho-rangers
Dino Fury airs every Satuday
Mighty Morphin Issue 7 out on May 17th
Power Rangers Issue 7 out on May 19th
Edge of Darkness out on June 30th
Ryu and Chun-Li release on May 25th for BftG

Previous:
>>19595432
>>
File: 1522188870145.png (1.13 MB, 585x967)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
Have the comics gotten any better since they relaunched?
>>
A shame that we will never get a season near as kino like this one. I wish that this were the standar for the franchise since then
>>
>>19634752
the only reason it was able to exist as it did was because the show was ending and the owners didn't care. It's not really viable as a long term direction. And even then it couldn't keep the same showrunner it's whole length. Bennett even said he really enjoyed RPM but would never attempt to make something like that himself.
>>
>>19634752
Except it falls off a cliff when Chip takes over and just regurgitates the Andros/Astronema story beat for beat.
>>
>>19633778
Why are their eyes closed in the upper panel?
>>
>>19634900
Brock syndrome
>>
>>19634646
I think they're both alright but neither are as a good as early GGPR
>>
>>19634752
This and Space are what PR should be instead of the shameless MMPR wankery.
>>
>>19634752
You don't actually like PR
>>
>>19635710
>No true Scotsman fallacy
RPM is universally haled as one of the best installments in the franchise. I saw 8 when I saw it and still hold it as the standard that modern PR should follow.
>>
>>19635730
As I said, you don't actually like PR go watch something else
>>
>>19633778
I've been gone from all the news for a few weeks
What the fuck is this about Dino Fury jumping to Netflix?
>>
>>19636008
I'd say in my honest opinion, not every season needs to be Time Force or RPM-tier in quality, Dino Thunder/Ninja Storm/Wild Force-tier in quality should be the standard
But what would you say makes someone a person who "truly" enjoys Power Rangers?
>>
>>19635710
>>19636008
I liked Time Forces and SPD, also Jungle Fury which was a ligthearted season. The thing that stands out the most of RPM is that it did have good drama, great progress and the cast, every single member develop his own character. I like Power Rangers, but the franchise have more potential than being the dumbed down for kids versions of every single sentai since Neo Saban.
>>
>>19636056
Javi's actor let it slip DFS2 will be releasing on Netflix rather than Nick
DFS1 will be the final Nick era season
>>
>Boom Studios comic got cancelled in France due to low sales
Well, that sucks. They had just gotten to the first Lord Drakkon arc, too.
>>
>>19636390
You a frog?
>>
>>19636390
The french are so based
>>
File: Solar_Rangers.jpg (760 KB, 1987x3056)
760 KB
760 KB JPG
Boom comes to you and asks you to choose 6 rangers from any seasons to be a team for some shitty comic crossover event. What 6 do you choose?
>>
>>19636390
Assuming this is by trade, that means only two volumes came out
What North American comics do Frogs buy anyways?
The country is full of weebs who buy manga on the regular and they also already have their own BDs
>>
File: dream team.jpg (460 KB, 2556x1280)
460 KB
460 KB JPG
>>19636485
r8
>>
File: FB_IMG_1620100324588.jpg (275 KB, 1440x1080)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
Me in the middle
>>
>>19636063
>Wild Force
>good
m8
>>
>>19636692
>Only goes up to Jungle Fury
Old photo isn't it?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1620100677991.jpg (610 KB, 1511x2015)
610 KB
610 KB JPG
>>19636756
>masks
It's new. And this one is probably a tranny.a
>>
>>19636777
What
>>
>>19636777
I thought they were just doing it to look cool
Some of the masks are MK masks
>>
>>19636485

Space Red
Megaforce/Super megaforce Blue
Mystic force Yellow
Lost Galaxy Green
Samurai Pink
Ninjor or Blue senturion.
>>
File: 60019f18f2c7e522054904.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
Power Rangers Full Throttle when
>>
>>19636431
Nah, but I live in Canada. We get imports from them (including the recent TMNT stuff, which still managed to have the PR crossover anyway).

>>19636516
Generally speaking, their volumes are more of a compilation style, so in this case 4 of them came out (plus the Pink spin-off).

NA stuff is varied over there, but the gist of it is that besides the Marvel and DC stuff, they also go for TMNT, Dark Horse, Image Comics, Valiant as well. Regarding toku, they're more fond of earlier Sentai they got like Bioman, so that probably didn't help.
>>
>>19637479
Oh, and as an addendum, Glénat had reduced its workforce lately, so that's the main factor in the cancellation. Hurts almost as much as when the only company over there that did Patlabor wound up folding before they could finish the manga.
>>
>>19636692
My favorite Power Ranger, Reptile
>>
>>19636295
>Nu Rangers
>On Netflix
Welp, I hope you enjoy the red ranger getting called out on his toxic masculinity then
>>
>>19637756
>/prg/ imagines things to get mad at again
>>
File: hyperforce.png (1.09 MB, 2048x883)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>19636485
I just want them to come back.
>>
File: 1619881917452.jpg (60 KB, 500x459)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>19636485
>those helmets
>>
File: 1610156665986.jpg (34 KB, 427x300)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>19633778
>tfw my favourite Archie character is Cheryl Blossom
>>
>>19637908
for me it's sabrina
>>
So why does Boom not have a more kid focused comic featuring Dino Fury cast? Why do they only do MMPR wank?
>>
>>19637968
Because we'll only ever be getting MMPRwank.
Once Entwistleverse takes effect, we'll only ever get MMPR
Bitter pill to swallow but its true
>>
>>
>>19637968
Dino Fury is aimed at kids too young to read. That's a major roadblock when you want to sell them things that involve reading.
>>
>>
>>19638013
No precedent either. They tried to make a Megaforce comic to run alongside the show, and it bombed.
>>
>>19637968
They could at least do a mini or a crossover with the main comics. Actually try and get some cross promotion between the comics and the show happening.
>>
>>19637806
I know the colors are this way because everything has to evoke MMPR, but in-universe why would Time Force's second team have a different color lineup than the main team? That'd be like SPD B-Squad having a different color lineup than A-Squad.
>>
>>19637441
Even if we forget the numbers on their helmets and the general silly tone of the fights the team is composed of
>an homage to Goranger, a season with no counterpart
>An homage to the actual first season that its also the most popular
>Wild Force, a decently liked but not super popular season
>Mystic Force, generally disliked
>Overdrive usually called the literal worst by many

And then the sixth is based on the other most hated season, super megaforce, has a mode based on samurai which is also an usually hated season.

Its so worthless for PR it seems almost on purpose, they should just shoehorn Juran and maybe Gaon in another season.
>>
>>19638039
The show and the comic are aimed at audiences with a 20+ year age difference. There's no point in cross promotion because convincing little kids to buy a comic aimed at 30something manchildren and convincing grown men to watch a kiddy show is already hard enough as it is.
>>
>>19638098
>Its so worthless for PR it seems almost on purpose,
This. Adapting trains or cubes would be easier. I honestly believe Hasbro taking a pre-Zyu Sentai like Jetman or Liveman is more doable than adapting Zenkaiger.
>>
>>19638098
You could literally take Gaon, Zyuran and even Magine and make them into Alpha successors. hell just call them Alpha 8 (Magine), Alpha 9 (Gaon) and Alpha X (Zyuran obviously)
>>
>>19638153
>Alpha 8
>she has the number 29 on her head
>same with Gaon and 25
>>
>>19638098
>Wild Force, a decently liked but not super popular season
Also the season most people know because the Red Ranger actor killed a guy. Unless an adaptation makes Gaon a girl and base her off Taylor. Course, then you'd have to base the others off of Jason, Dax, and Vida, and who gives a shit about Dax and Vida?
>>
>>19638175
The like, three people who love Overdrive and Mystic Force at the same time,
>>
Ollie is the tsundere in this relationship, Amelia is the baka who its not like he likes her or anything
>>
>>19638098
They could ignore what the suits are based off of and pretend the audience won't notice. Except who will that fool? Even little kids thought it was stupid when SMF never used the word "pirate". Acting like the suits aren't based off of old Megazords will just confuse viewers even more.
>>
>>19638314
Really, attempting to adapt Zenkaiger is just a clusterfuck of trouble
Toei really screwed the pooch on this one that's for sure
>>
>>19638089
They have a completely different theme and zords than the Time Force rangers. I don't know why the colors are what you get hung up on.
>>
Very funny, Bennett.
https://twitter.com/Pookina1/status/1389494305090375682
>>
>>19638352

I think any season can be adapted, you just need the right people and the right ideas to do it. Megaforce and superforce turned out the way they did because they didn't put much thought into explaining the other teams that weren't adapted.
>>
File: 1616375716113.jpg (256 KB, 585x774)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
>>19638098
With the more comedic series like Zenkaiger, I think you can pull it off by just leading into the goofy parody.
>Zenkaiser lets the others choose their gears, but he pushes for American popular series. They don't pick em, obviously.
>Juran having some "back in my day" talk like,
"Back in my day, we didn't get no extra armor, we had glitter and we liked it!"
>Vroon has a dark secret that he reveals that he's a robot and everyone is like "....yeah?"
>Twokaiser is "stoic" like Troy and Jayden, but gets lampshaded by Zox's dances and other goofy-ass shit. Throw in the sister and she tells the Power Ranger Gear...F-Force...that "He has an image to keep up".
>>
Amit doesn't want Hexagon to happen.
https://twitter.com/bhaumikamit/status/1387886097032642560
>>
>>19638450
Wait a minute, that's why it's called Hexagon? And he actually thought this had a chance at getting made back in the day? Why did he think either Saban or Disney would be cool with Power Rangers becoming Jack Bauer and working in counter-terrorism? It didn't occur to him that shit's too heavy for a toy show that aired next to Recess and Kim Possible?
>>
>>19638474
Hexagon
As in 6
As in 6 Rangers
>>
>>19638482
>As in 6 Rangers
Most teams have 6 Rangers. Read the tweet. He said he named it because it was a Pentagon stand-in.
>It absolutely would have worked at the time but that ship has long since sailed. Associating superheroes with the pentagon or even a stand-in for it nowadays is not something I'd want to see.
>>
>>19638487
Did he know most kids shows back then were distancing themselves from 9/11? Even Time Force had to cut out some scenes of buildings blowing up. Why did he think "Power Rangers work at the Pentagon" absolutely would have worked at the time?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (70 KB, 680x588)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>19636485
Z, Kendrix, Adam as leader again, and the Paleomax rangers
>>
>>19638505
I know we all shit on the Boom comics, but I would actually love to see an RPM sequel story that takes place in the new future of Corinth and features the Paleomax Rangers because Dr K can't get a hold of any of the former Rangers.
>>
>>19638450
Bruh just drop that aspect and make it a justice league of PR

Ain't gotta make allusions to things kids won't care about
>>
How far was Amit willing to take the allegory? Were the villains gonna be a monster Taliban and the villain's name is Osamalice or Bin Ladoom?
>>
>>19638513

Personally I love the Boom comics for doing so much with the characters and expanding the lore. I'd love to see what they could do with lesser liked shows such as megaforce. I feel like they need a second chance.
>>
https://amitbhaumik.tumblr.com/post/38658236644/hexagon
>The zeitgeist of that moment also was more conducive for a children’s show to do a story with themes related to arguments of freedom vs. security, federal agents, and questions of the applications and organization of force and justice. This idea came between 2001 and 2003, when alluding to the Pentagon in a children’s show seemed to have a much less controversial connotation to it than it would today both in the US and abroad after a decade of costly wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Calling the base of the Power Rangers something that is a reference to the headquarters of the Department of Defense today might strike a tone too heavily weighted with the baggage of our real world problems for the escapist sci-fi/fantasy martial arts action show for all ages that Power Rangers strives to be.
I wish I could be there at the Disney offices watching the execs react as Amit tried explaining why a goofy ninja Sentai season with a talking gerbil should be adapted into a gritty post-9/11 parable.
>>
>>19638513
I'm sure Boom would love a chance to infuse some MMPR lore into RPM. Dr K chargers some Morphers with Rocky, Billy and Adam's power coins because everything needs more MMPR.
>>
>>19638546
im fucking retarded i never realised theyre tyrannosaurus, triceratops and mastodon rangers what the fuck.
>>
File: Tuck.png (261 KB, 630x565)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
>>19638364
I don't know what I expected from PR fans but did nobody replying get that it was sarcasm
>>
>>19638007
I was always more a Leo/Maya person but it cute
>>
>>19637985
Once Entwistle takes effect Hasbro splits from Toei and can never even use the MMPR likeness ever again
>>
>>19638531
I'm still waiting for them to eventually get to Zeo (never mind Turbo, that's a bigger far shot). At least they got Lord Zedd running as the main threat, so we could get season 3/Aquitar rangers arc at some point.
>>
>>19637908
I'm Team Jughead
Who needs bitches when you have hamburgers?
>>
>>19638584
Why would they willingly ban themselves from using their most recognizable characters in merchandise ever again?
>>
>>19638584
>>19638591
Why are anons still pushing the argument that Hasbro is choosing to exile the likenesses of everybody except OC characters from PR, meaning all they'd have left is the Titanium Ranger, the Spirit Rangers, and some comic guys? That's franchise suicide.
>>
>>19638591
Willingly sacrificing it will allow them more freedom to re-invent the franchise, which was something they were confirmed to be doing

They get to do their own thing, reboot it from scratch and drop the Japs from overseeing anything all at the cost of the old shit
>>
>>19638607
>it will allow them more freedom to re-invent the franchise
That's stupid and makes no sense. That means Hasbro spent half a billion dollars just on the words "Power Rangers". And this isn't the 90s anymore. The words "Power Rangers" don't print money by themselves these days.
>>
>>19638605
None of the character suits/designs are theirs legally

Besides, its best to start from fresh - and the kids watching won't give a fuck either so who does it hurt in the long run?
>>
>>19638033
That's because everything about Megaforce sucks except BFTG
>>
>>19638619
>its best to start from fresh
This is Power Rangers, anon. You think it's that easy to embargo 99% of the franchise and hope you can find a brand new fandom willing to buy toys?
>>
>>19638503
>Why did he think "Power Rangers work at the Pentagon" absolutely would have worked at the time?
I think he's also talking about the time in the sense of "before they ultimately decided to move the production to NZ". He's talked about Forever Red being particularly special because you couldn't do it now or even just after WF. And the Hexagon pitch was decorated with alumni, that wouldn't be feasible after moving out of LA.
>>
>>19638633
This is Hasbro. They already have Horse Show as precedent.
>>
>>19638474
Dude, Lost Galaxy HEAVILY cribbed fucking Starship Troopers visually with the soldier armor early on, just with no gore. Time Force was heavily based on the Matrix, which while tamer, was also not for kids.
>>
>>19638584
We have no idea how the rights to those designs hold in an intellectual property sense if they do part ways with Toei.

It's possible with the right legal-ese, they could have secured the likenesses to them, but who knows. There aren't too many businesses out there where one company's whole image is another completely different franchise's designs, so it's a really interesting problem to think about.

Another way of going about it is that they mutually agree to end adapting Sentai but they agree to pay Toei for the rights to the existing designs indefinitely or through a large buyout. Who can say? I really wish things would hurry along though so we can know how it all shakes out.
>>
>>19638651
Both of those were pre-9/11 though.
>>
>>19638633
>>19638618
Yes, it is that easy
MLP and Transformers are self evident examples
>>
>>19638663
>Transformers are self evident examples
Name the last time Transformers ditched every pre-established character and name and went completely new.
>>
>>19638663
>MLP and Transformers are self evident examples
What are you talking about? The horse show used old names and references to previous incarnations. Same thing with TF.
>>
>>19638651
>Lost Galaxy HEAVILY cribbed fucking Starship Troopers visually with the soldier armor early on
They didn't purposefully Starship Trooper armor. They were just props they could get their hands on.
>>
>>19638681
>purposefully
purposefully recreate*
>>
>>19638655
I'm thinking it could be like the last thing you mentioned as some of the newer sentai have absolutely garish mech designs that are off putting to American audiences

American kids want robots that are 'cool' and 'badass' looking not a single robot from the unadapted seasons fit that mold
>>
>>19638651
Starship Troopers and The Matrix are fiction, anon. The Pentagon is a real world organization.
>>
So let's say Hasbro does cut ties with Toei, would another company step in and start adapting Sentai? I'm sure Toei would look for someone else, but would any American companies be interested?
>>
>>19638695
>would another company step in and start adapting Sentai?
Why would anyone do that? You wouldn't be able to call them Power Rangers, or even use the word "Megazord". All you'd accomplish is coming off as a knockoff brand.
>>
>>19638695
nah
>>
>>19638695
They'd much be better off looking for someone to adapt Kamen Rider
>>
>>19638706
Kamen Rider has crashed and burned twice in the west already.
>>
>>19638695
There's a reason why other companies haven't come in and adapted other toku shows and found succes

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight was an attempt, but it couldn't crack it.

Much about Power Rangers is how it captured lightning in a bottle some 30 years ago and riding that cultural wave ever since.
>>
>>19638655
If we get more original stuff like the Omega Rangers, at least it would not be too difficult to not use Sentai stuff in the comics (although a hefty undertaking).

What I'm concerned about is how exactly future shows would work. Animated or not?
>>
>>19638663
>MLP and Transformers are self evident examples
In both those examples, Hasbro still sold toys and merch from previous gens. Using Transformers as an example of a franchise that ditched 99% of everything that came before is fucking laughable.
>>
ITT; Manchildren who don't realize total continuity reboot is what would be best for the intended demographic (kids) who don't fucking care about the older seasons and probably wouldn't care anyway if they were "erased"
>>
>>19638695
Shout Factory would just make a deal directly with Toei and start releasing dvds again. Maybe do dubs if Shout Factory does dubs.
>>
>>19638738
Power Rangers continuity hasn't fucking mattered since 1999. All a reboot would mean is more MMPR shilling and putting kids on the back burner and focusing almost entirely on manchildren.
>>
File: tsuyoshi-nonakaart-2.jpg (578 KB, 400x600)
578 KB
578 KB JPG
>>19638719
In my eyes, I feel like if the rumors are indeed true, then it can't possibly be a complete clean break with Toei like people think. I bet they're going to pay them an assload of money to keep the likenesses of the adapted Sentai seasons. The Zyuranger designs are way too iconic to lose.

In either case, I really REALLY hope they're able to a company like PLEX for their original designs, at least for the children's show, going forward. The comic book designs are fine enough, but they don't 100% ring as "Rangers" to me. Close and competent but there's just something about all the Sentai designs and the original Rangers (Titanium, Spirit, Mega Mode, etc) that pop in just the right way.

If they could use the original designers for completely original work and somehow keep the likenesses to legacy series, that would truly be a win-win-win.
>>
>>19638738
You don't realize that kids aren't that interested in PR in general, and that's why all the tie-in shit like the games and the comics are nostalgiabait? And by doing a complete reboot that renders you unable to even sell merch of old characters, you wipe away those tie-ins? A game like BFTG wouldn't be allowed to exist if they were banned from using the likenesses of PR characters.
>>
>>19638746
Makes sense. It would be kinda like when Hasbro bought the entire franchise from Saban, but he still acts as a consultant anyway (from what I understand).

At any rate, it would definitely reduce the headaches of constantly working around adapting existing footage any way you slice it.
>>
>>19638746
I could see them reaching out to PLEX to make the suits and props needed
And just make the footage themselves.
>>
>>19638738
This scenario wouldn't just be a total reboot. It would be an embargo on a a mass scale. It's the equivalent of buying the rights to Pokemon, but you're not allowed to use or market any pre-established Pokemon except a couple like Taillow and you have to make new ones from scratch.
>>
The one thing I dread about a new flick is that they'll pull a Last Jedi and be like "All these legend rangers? They're losers and accomplished nothing but this NEW team is the best ever and the true legends"
>>
>>19638795
>>19637792
>>
>>19638796
Unfortunately its not some imaginary fear
Star Trek, Terminator, and Star Wars all did those exact things, also not mad either its just something they could definitely do
>>
>>19638812
>Unfortunately its not some imaginary fear
Yes, it is. This general's so stupid now it's mad at scenarios instead of things that have actually happened.
>>
It would really suck if Tommy took a shit for 2 hours in the new movie. I don't know if this will actually happen, but we don't have enough proof that it won't happen.
>>
>>19638825
you're the maddest person here, anon. the other guy just said he was worried. take a deep breath and stop taking this site so seriously.
>>
>>19638835
Worried about what? The movie doesn't even exist yet.
>>
>>19638781
Nowadays, I think it's more likely Toei would go with this considering how badly Sentai is doing, but if they were in a stronger position that would be much more unlikely.
>>
>>19638835
>take a deep breath and stop taking this site so seriously.
You're new to these threads? Everyone's been freaking out over yet-to-be-made seasons or cartoons for a while now.
>>
>>19638841
No but we do have track records of other franchises deciding they need to "Make a Statement" by shitting all over their respective legacies
I'm actually more of a pessimist than OP and fully believe they will, but I'll be happy if they keep wokeshit to a minimum
>>
>>19638898
That's not pessimistic. That's paranoid. And Power Rangers isn't like other franchises either. Anons always pretend it's like Transformers or Star Wars when it's too different from either to be comparable.
>>
>>19638898
>wokeshit
The mask falls off. Hoping a Power Rangers movie isn't woke is like hoping a Captain Planet movie isn't pro-environment lmao.
>>
>>19638812
>Terminator,
Oh, yeah. Terminator loves shitting on John. T3 made him a homeless drifter. Genisys made him evil. Dark Fate made him dead. Real life made his actor become a drug addict.
>>
File: 1324965030450.jpg (9 KB, 306x236)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>19638898
>but I'll be happy if they keep wokeshit to a minimum
>says this when the literal first team was composed of an two whites, a native American descendant, an asian and a black guy
>>
File: DpwQyAZVAAUHw69.jpg (255 KB, 723x1097)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
>>
File: image-asset.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1066)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
>>
>>19638812
>Star Trek
Yeah, Kirk dying an unceremonious death in Generations was rough. But I don't know why you're acting like this is a new trend and not something that's been happening in long-running franchises for decades.
>>
>>19638795
>"All these legend rangers? They're losers and accomplished nothing but this NEW team is the best ever and the true legends"
Tbf, that's literally RPM, since episodes imply Venjix killed countless other Ranger teams in that timeline.
>>
>>19638898
You don't even know if this new movie will take place in the same continuity as the TV show or not.
>>
This whodunnit Zeo episode is fun but Auric the Conqueror is Alien Ranger-tier lame

Kat is distractingly pretty even though she's always covered up.
>>
Is Magiranger better than Mystic Force?
>>
>>19639406
Never watched it, but Magiranger's theme is objectively better even if it did eventually grow on me
>>
>>19638364
I love Simon blatantly trolling and the manchildren taking it super serious and giving him paragraphs and why he's wrong.
>>
>>19638098
>has a mode based on samurai which is also an usually hated season.
But is also one of the most viewed seasons.
>>
>>19639574
According to what source?
>>
>>19639406
it's considered a top tier sentai season.
>>
>>19639638
We know it has the highest ratings of any nickelodeon season. though I doubt that 2010s ratings could compare to 90s ratings for any show.
>>
>>19639574
>>19638098
With the only saving grace it having a Ohranger/Zeo form.
>>>/wsg/3916352
>>
>>19638546
If not that Hasbro will probably say the Morphin Masters created it together with Ninja Storm's, Wild Force's and even Jungle Fury's.
>>
>>19639574
Are you sure it wasn't because PR fans expected a second golden age when they found out Saban was back at the wheel?
>>
>>19638450
Is he trying the old reverse psychology ploy now?
>>
>>19638695
No, at beast someone would pick up the streaming rights for the series and make it more accesible
>>
>>19638746
>The comic book designs are fine enough
No, they're really terrible. So were the 2017 movie suits. The importance of Plex cannot be overstated. Without Plex there is no Power Rangers for me.
>>
>>19638711
directly bringing it over seems to be doing fine
>>19638716
>There's a reason why other companies haven't come in and adapted other toku shows and found succes
well that and also because other stuff doesn't have the amount of material sentai does (see: syber squad and gridman)
>>
File: 62342066_p0.jpg (179 KB, 869x1100)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>19638529
>Bin Ladoom
loooool
>>
>>19639816
I don't know, but it was getting 2 mill + per ep. Now the TV landscape was different back then, but it can't be denied Samurai was a success.
>>
>>19639913
A bit closed off to think that only a single company can make good PR designs, I agree that the comic suits aren't the best but they're far from terrible even some normal PR/Sentai designs look off in the comics due to artstyle
>>
>>19639827
>Hasbro: Fuck you, Bhaumik! We will make a Power Rangers season where they all work for the Pentagon and do shady spec ops shit every episode!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>19638716
>Kamen Rider Dragon Knight was an attempt, but it couldn't crack it.
the american toys were shit
>>
>>19638153
>leaving out best boy
>>
File: 1619772500357.jpg (106 KB, 593x578)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>19639716
>another dancing transformation
>>
>>19637908
REDDER IS BETTER
>>
>>19633778
Archie = Red
Betty = Yellow
Veronica = Pink
Jughead = Blue
Reggie = Black
>>
>>19640920
>another
This is literally the second one
>>
I've heard people say that the Go Go comics were actually pretty good for a while. What issues are worth reading?
>>
>>19640989
Start from the first one and go from there until shattered grid.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (417 KB, 964x1475)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
>>19640989
There has only ever been one issue of a Power Rangers comic worth reading. Everything else is straight trash.
>>
File: Powerful Rangers.png (1.11 MB, 644x801)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>19641169
>not the actual best comic
>>
>>19639638

VORTEXX ON CW
(PRLG average: 0.67 rating / 3.67 share)

ABC KIDS
(PRWF average: 1.38 rating / 6.46 share)
(PRNS average: 1.42 / 6.86)
(PRDT average: 0.93 / 4.78)
(PRSPD average: 0.99 / 4.89)
(PRMF average: 0.96 / 4.64)
(PROO average: 0.70 / 3.55)
(PRJF average: 0.60 / 3.07)
(PRRPM average: 0.53 / 2.82)
(MMv2 average: 0.47 / 2.26)

NICKELODEON
(Saturdays)
(PRSS average: 2.33 / 11.50)
(PRS average: 3.10 / 14.46)

TOON DISNEY
(Saturday mornings)
(PRMF average: 0.45 / 1.81)
(PROO average: 0.54 / 2.42)
(PRJF average: 0.56 / 2.97)

ABC FAMILY
(Saturday mornings)
(PRWF average: 0.95 rating / 4.67 share)
(PRNS average: 1.17 rating / 5.86 share)
(PRDT average: 1.05 of 11 reported)
(PRSPD average: 0.71 rating / 3.33 share)
(SPD new eps only: 0.75 / 3.50)
>>
>>19639961
It's because half of the local ABC affiliates barely even ran Saturday morning blocks, and ABC Family was always struggling to appeal to kids before dumping Jetix and becoming a YA channel. Nickelodeon was the first time in years a major kids provider gave PR a shot, explaining its ratings being bigger than any Disney season.
>>
>>19633778
>>19640934
Katy Keene confirmed for Sixth Ranger.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.97 MB, 2500x3802)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB PNG
MMPR vs FK webcomic has been updated
Issue 4 isn't fully completed though
This is getting ridiculous
>>
>>19641593
Plus Toon Disney was a second tier Disney Channel that wasn't included in most cable packages.
>>
>>19641666
Is this real?!
>>
>>19641602
Or Cheryl.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (655 KB, 1314x1256)
655 KB
655 KB JPG
>>19640928
When was the last time you saw a Power Ranger with ginger hair?
>>
>>19639716
Do you guys think if H*sbro adapt Zenkaiger, Twokaiser is going to be an "alien" like Orion?
>>
>>19641891
Fan webcomic that /prg/ has been reading for a while now
>>
>>19639406
If you like Buffy or Twilight, you gonna love Mystic Force
>>
>>19638505
I think they should be original rangers without human form like Spirit Rangers in Jungle Fury. That would be cool.
>>
File: 1584397315269.png (775 KB, 1072x1024)
775 KB
775 KB PNG
>>19641666
>Masked Rider Multiverse
>not Masked Rider Dual
>>
>>19641901
Chip? There's got to have been one since then
>>
>>19641935
yellow rangers are obligated to be blonde now. It's one of the mandates.
>>
>>19636295
Legit?
>>
>>19642010
Y'know, if it weren't for the fact we know what kind of mandates Saban put in place when he still owned it I would believe this
>>
File: Spoiler Image (449 KB, 922x569)
449 KB
449 KB PNG
>>19641666
Wtf is this shit?!
>>
>>19638972
oh hey it's that one Zyuranger episode
>>
File: 1617001949384.jpg (178 KB, 1221x919)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>19636485
Leo
Adam
Koda
Ashley
Jen
RJ
>>
>>19641666
Need a source for that.
>>
>>19642370
nvm found it
>>
>>19638964
racially diverse cast =/= woke
>>
>>19641928
Why Dual?
>>
>>19642402
https://youtu.be/r67jBFQXJ7E?t=35
>>
File: ourguys.jpg (2.07 MB, 2100x1470)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
who would be /ourguys/ for the Neo-Saban era?
>>
>>19642450
Steel
>>
>>19642450
Get out.
>>
File: 1611780962397.gif (1.53 MB, 280x240)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB GIF
>>19642514
>>
>>19641666
oh fuck decades here
>>
>>19642450
Deker
Vrak
Roboknight
Sledge
Koda
>>
>>19642514
>>19642553
Is he the only character who's been the best one in both Power Rangers and the Sentai counterpart?
>>
>>19641666
>666
Decade's the fucking devil
>>
>>19641666
Okay how can this get more out of hand?
Sadako comes out of a tv in the Dream Realm Rocky and Billy are in right now?
>>
>>19640934
>>19641602
Is Sabrina a Kamen Rider?
>>
>>19642450
>Joel is so based he manages to circumvent /tv/'s penchant for racism that they actually start cheering him on in hooking up with Miss Fairweather
How did he do it, lads?
>>
>>19642450
Tyler? Barely seen any neo-Saban but Brennan Mejia seems like an alright guy. I liked Captain Chaku but Beast Morphers counting as neo-Saban is debateable.
>>
>>19643407
Because he tries
>>
>>19642450
Not sure about Samurai, maaaaybe Antonio, he was fun at least, and Mike has enough charisma, was trying to get with Emily that I could see people latching to that if they streamed that season.

Megaforce/Super Megaforce.......again maaaaaybe Jake, being a horn dog with Gia was just about the only interesting character quirk of that set. Robo Knight would probably be a riot.

Dino (Super) Charge: Koda, maybe Tyler and Chase, probably Heckyl, Albert for sure.

(Super) Ninja Steel: No freakin idea. Mick was alright. Maybe Victor by some odd way of liking ironically turning genuine.
>>
>>19644350
I could also see Kendall's "good grief" turning into a meme in the chat.
>>
>>19642450
I am shamefully entertained by Vekar's incompetence and how seriously all of his retainers try to brush it off
>>
Was Dino Fury well received? I keep seeing my PR community shit on it for the actors and boring villains. I just wondered if it's the same for you all... I loved the characters and their stories, green is my favorite. I love them THICC.
>>
>>19645015
I think the general opinion seems to be that it's pretty good. Not amazing, but a big improvement compared to the past several years. People still have a problem with the Jane & J-Borg comedy shenanigans, but it's been handled better than it has been for recently.
>>
>>19645037
>Jane & J-Borg

I hate those two with a passion. I feel like I get autism just by watching them both.
>>
>>19645015
Which community? Both /prg/ and reddit appear to be fans, aside from the occasional contrarian on the latter. A lot of minor issues carried over from neo-Saban prevent Dino Fury from being a top tier season but it's good so far.
Izzy is funny but best girl is still between Amelia and Mucus
>>
>>19645048
There is a PR community in my area, a group with at least 100+ people. Usually have get together to BBQ and watch/talk Power Rangers.
>>
>>19645077
>an open BBQ with over a hundred people ready and willing to talk about Power Rangers
With all adults? That's interesting.
>>
>>19645157
Obviously not 100 people. maybe 10-15 whoever can make it. Each person brings something to eat or a 12 pack. Pre-COVID we had maybe close to 30 people at once just chatting it up.
>>
File: 2sad.gif (993 KB, 360x270)
993 KB
993 KB GIF
>>19642450
>the twitch marathon was the only good thing to come out of the 2016 movie
It was also when the PR fandom peaked
>>
>>19645296
>It was also when the PR fandom peaked
Pretty sure that happened around 2004-2005, anon.
>>
>>19645015
So far yes. Void Knight needs to do something soon though
>>
>>19646423
I was disappointed that he played such a large part in the first episode then sat around in his base for the other seven. Although he doesn't appear to be much of a threat on his own, especially when the rangers have access to every boost key from day one.
>>
File: 91OpsO6WUZL.jpg (648 KB, 1693x2560)
648 KB
648 KB JPG
>>19633778
How is there no Archie Power Rangers crossover yet? Archie crosses over with everything.

Also would Archie have made good Power Rangers comics? I remember their Ninja Turtles comics being great.
>>
>>19646447
The rangers don't take him seriously and don't treat him as a threat. It's the same intentional downplaying of any tension that bothered me in Ninja Steel.
>>
>>19646633
Archie TMNT was produced inhouse at Mirage for 99% of its run. Archie mostly acted as distributor for it.

Archie PR would've had more longevity. The publishers who had PR in the 90s were either on their way to folding (Hamilton, Extreme, Valiant) or were in it for a quick buck before dropping it (Marvel). Archie Sonic lasted as long as it did because it hit that sweet spot between evergreen license and a small healthy publisher willing to spotlight its licenses.
>>
>>19646633
Is Archie even a thing outside of the US? I've only vaguely heard of it because of mentions to it in American tv shows.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (35 KB, 508x658)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>19647161
there was a lucha guy "Super Archie"
>>
>>19647161
French-speaking countries do distribute the series, but that's par for the course for most things.
>>
>>19646633
Power Ranger comics being taken seriously is a recent thing
We've only had two comic crossovers so far, Justice League & TMNT
>>
>>19647981
I wouldn't mind it if Udon eventually lobbied for a MMPR/SF crossover. It would be interesting to see if they'd have a ball giving suits to the other street fighters.
>>
>>19648219
I want to see how many fighters get turned into monsters.
>Dhalism fused with a slinky
>>
I really want to own my own ranger outfit. I just need to get in the best shape of my life first. I'm a social reject so my character will be a bad guy. Any tips for creating your own OG Power Ranger?
>>
>>19649624
The Boom method
>take an existing ranger
>slap on some extra details to make them dark and edgy
Let the Japs do the hard work. Although I'm in a similar situation. I've got some basic ideas for a team but can't think how the suits would actually look.
>>
Just how gay IS David Yost? I never saw it as a kid, but then I read Bryan Cranston, who probably never visited the set and only sat in a VO booth, assumed Billy was the fairy of the team.
>>
>>19649624
Have a solid theme and esthetic in mind and understand color balancing.
>>
>>19649686
dark and edgy is definitely what comes to mind when I see the Omega and Beyond the Grid designs
>>
>>19649624
Look at previous suits and try to grasp the recurring design motifs that make a good suit. For instance, the most difficult issue to avoid with a Ranger suit of any kind is having too much uninterrupted color. Most suits handle this by using bands of black, white, silver, or gold to break up a large area of color into two smaller areas. Almost every suit has a dividing band at the wrist, one at the elbow, or both. For the legs, the dividing bands are located just below the knee and at the ankle. It can't be at or above the knee because the knee needs to be able to bend freely for stunts.

The torso should generally be divided into three sections. This could be white on the sides and color in the center, or it could be three sections of color with some black or white bands dividing them. A V-shape in the torso design produces the appearance of broader shoulders, which are heroic, but some costumes instead use a diagonal sash across the chest and use the sash as the third region. In the case of the MMPR costumes, for instance, they use a diamond pattern on the chest that divides the torso into a lower color region, an upper color region, and a central white region. The lower half of the diamond is longer than the upper half, both because they're supposed to evoke dinosaur fangs and because it produces that V-shape effect.
>>
>>19649954
What about them is "dark and edgy"?
>>
>>19649783
What's surprising is afaik, Yost is the only openly gay Ranger actor. You'd think a brightly-colored show where characters strut and pose would attract more gay actors.
>>
>>19649973
I think he's being sarcastic
>>
>>19650004
Gay actors just go to theater, PR is a death sentence for your career.
>>
So is Boom doing an OGN this year? Those are the only comics from them I read.
>>
>>19650328
Unfortunately this. The only ranger actor I knew of from outside PR before watching the season was Dan Ewing/RPM black, because my mother watched the soap opera he starred in. Although Rose McIver/RPM yellow apparently has a decent acting career and JYB got into anime dubbing
>>
>>19649624
Never ever make the helmet resemble the Zord
We've talked about how one of the worst mistakes of Thunderzord/Ninjazord MMPR designs is how people would take the Zord and put it on the Ranger's helmet directly when not even the Zyuranger designs did that
The best designs we've seen came from someone who understood this
>>
File: DBDR_0nU0AAgFIv.jpg (796 KB, 2778x1293)
796 KB
796 KB JPG
Never knew that

https://twitter.com/i/events/1298643122725904384
>>
>>19649624

Got the perfect template for you, dude.
>>
>>19651764
THE LIGHT BRINGER!
>>
>>19646423
>>19646447
Don't understand this complaint. He's been actively involved in the plans of almost every episode, which is more than most villains who leave it to the Generals.

>>19646695
After the reveal, I think they're intentionally making him more of an underdog than your usual villain.
>>
File: D9qLXeIVAAAy6hz.jpg (382 KB, 1787x1202)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>19649624
Do yourself a favor and look into the Local Hero/Indie Toku scene. There should be some tutorials and advice floating around.
>>
>>19652855
Love the helmets on the bad guys. The ranger suits are decent but maybe some padding underneath would have prevented all those creases?
>>
>>19652855
looks like a guy under the yellow, even has a massive buldge even with the skirt
>>
>>19652825
I don't believe that void knight will be the main villain in the long run. at the very least making him the permanent big bad would be a mistake. He doesn't fit the role and the footage doesn't support it anyway. but now he feels almost too much of an obvious red herring.
>>
>>19651759
>CDTD part 2 only had 2 seconds of sentai footage
what why
>>
>>19652942
Morph sequence? I haven't seen In Space
>>
>>19652942
They use part of the stock footage for the spiral Saber but cut to original footage before the final attack.
>>
>>19652889
I figure he'll be an anti-villain in S1. I could see him getting a power boost to make him more of a threat when he gets his shield and they start using Sentai footage.

Then he'll probably get usurped for S2.
I see a lot of people say Pricious but Pricipus shares her look with the rest of the Druidon's, who are supposed to be Void Knight's robots here.

Sort of hoping it'll be the lady in the chamber.
>>
>>19653096
>Sort of hoping it'll be the lady in the chamber.
I can totally see her becoming the bigger bad of DF but I hope her transformation into monster form is an accidental result of Void Knight using the Sporix to treat her, rather than it being planned from the start.
>>
>>19653140
I can't imagine her spending the whole season as Eras. The costume isn't that emotive and she only appears in the last 3 episodes of Ryusoulger.
>>
>>19653173
>she only appears in the last 3 episodes of Ryusoulger.
So what? The Dark Buster suit showed up throughout BM's first season.
>>
>>19653296
Yeah, it's honestly just the suit that I can't see shuffling about all season. I like it but I can't see it doing the usual bossing minions about.
>>
>>19653624
yeah if Void Knight's waifu is the real big bad she'll hopefully only turn into Eras in the last arc
>>
File: Spoiler Image (21 KB, 600x560)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>19652888
>>
>>19653140
Isn't he just using the sporix to power the machine that's helping her? Unless there's an accident later that ends up directly afflicting her.
>>
>"LUPAT CAN'T BE ADAPTED BECAUSE OF THE CURRENT CLIMATE"
>Make one of the Patrangers black
There, problem solved.
>>
>>19638098
Using unpopular teams doesn't matter that much. There's an even number of rangers that represent each era of PR.
3 Saban era (MMPR, Wild Force, Zeo)
2 Disney era (OO, Mystic Force)
2 Neo Saban era (SMF, Samurai)
1 Hasbro era (White Ranger)
>>
>>19654706
oh you poor, nieve anon
>>
>>19638098
five year olds won't care that a bunch of arrested development adults dislike old kids shows
>>
>>19652855
Is this from Indonesia or Thailand?
>>
>>19651764
Was he the first OG donut steel power ranger?
>>
>>19655154
I'm pretty sure little kids in playgrounds did that first
>>
>>19638716
>Much about Power Rangers is how it captured lightning in a bottle some 30 years ago and riding that cultural wave ever since.
Honestly? It’s because they did Zyuranger first. It’s the perfect season to get kids into the franchise.
>superheroes!
>kung fu!
>fucking dinosaurs!
>hell yeah, giant dinosaur tank!
>now it’s a fucking robot!
>and they fight weird monsters!
>holy fucking shit this is the best show ever what the fuck!
>>
>>19633778
jughead is legitimately a homosexual food addict. he got ass raped as a kid and is basically nikocado avocado
>>
>>19655316
>homosexual
Asexual actually
Jughead loves one thing and one thing alone
Hamburgers
>>
>>19654964
clearly we need a threekaizer or a kikainoid for Hasbro era based on Go Busters
>>
>>19638098
Power Rangers: Transformers
>>
>>19642790
Ziggy and Dillon and Hant and Gunpei are both good. So are Tommy and Burai. And Ban and Jack. Is Bomper Dr. K?
>>
>>19655379
>Is Bomper Dr. K?
Not even close, but it's easy to headcanon that she had an imaginary friend who looked awfully similar.
>>
>>19655377
Who's falling for that bullshit? Even little kids would ask where the fuck's Optimus and why they're all rubber suits.
>>
>long hours on set combined with low pay and no union recognition presented real challenges for him. As a result, St. John, along with all of his other co-stars including Jason David Frank agreed to leave the show during its second season if their employers rejected their pay demands and unionization attempts, but when time came, only Walter Emanuel Jones and Thuy Trang joined him in the ultimatum and ultimately left the show. St. John was replaced by Steve Cardenas as the Red Ranger

I never knew this was the reason most of the OG Rangers were replaced. I lost respect for Jason David Frank. Dude said he was gonna walk with them but chickened out at the last minute. Sure he became the MC after because he stayed but he didn't man the fuck up and help his friends/co-stars.
>>
>>19655832
Fuck JDF for that, but I don't think they could've won even if every actor started a strike for better pay. Nobody's irreplaceable on PR, and seeing as the show kept going long after ASJ, Thuy, and Walter left, it sadly proved they weren't as valuable to the brand as they hoped.
>>
>>19655851
Tommy's popularity could have swayed things. Seeing as they invented ways to keep him around.
>>
>>19655832
And now you know why Tommy led the team as white ranger then got handed the red helmet twice. Sucking up to Haim was clearly a smart move, if a scummy one.
>>
>>19655856
Maybe. Or maybe Saban decides to can Power Rangers if all the cast protested for a higher salary. Remember, there was a time when Beetleborgs did better than PR, but as soon as they ran out of usable footage, Saban decided to unceremoniously kill that show instead of pulling a Zyu2 or doing anything else to keep that gravy train riding. His commitment to keeping all the money to himself instead of sharing it with any actors, songwriters, or producers is so deep he'll happily kill his own cash cows before letting anyone else touch it.
>>
>>19655832
It sucks Saban was such an omega jew, in an alternate universe the original team could've remained for the entirety of MM
>>
>>19655832
being co-workers doesn't mean people are friends
>>
>>19655985
But being friends helps. Look at the cast of Friends. They all became friends irl, and they all demanded better raises each season not just for themselves but for each others' sake. In the end, they became one of the richest TV casts of all time, and it wouldn't have happened if Matt LeBlanc thought Matt Perry was a dick or if Jennifer Aniston got in a catfight with Lisa Kudrow.
>>
>>19656011
it's not a binary choice being an asshole toward your co-workers and being friends with them. the Simpsons cast sticks together too (give or take Harry Shearer sometimes) and those people probably see each other once every five years.
>>
>>19655832
Why didn't Amy Jo or David Yost join up with ASJ in the strike? What convinced them to stay, especially when Yost left anyway under bad terms and Amy had a phase when she resented her time as Kimberly?
>>
>>19656088
Probably got the "If you Unionize you'll never work in Hollywood again" usual anti-union bullshit.
Else they didn't feel that the others would be in and that they'd all get fucked by retaliation for failed unionization.
Remember in America there are no worker's rights to protect against retaliation for failed unionization.
>>
>>19649783
He's a gay chad. He'll fuck the shit out of you then make you cook breakfast.
>>
>>19655832
Well they told JDF that he was gonna be the main character
>>
>>19656088
I think it had something to do with their agents. Amy Jo and David had a different agent than the others. The other three's agent advised them to strike or something.
>>
Why did JDF leave in the middle of Turbo? And what convinced him to go from leaving the show on his own terms to latching himself to the brand at every opportunity?
>>
>>19656777
The wiki says JDF tried to leave at the end of Zeo to work on other things, with the other rangers wanting to leave for unspecified reasons. Saban forced them to stay until he found replacement actors.
As for latching himself to the brand, I imagine he gets a lot more attention from being associated with Power Rangers than he does from his martial arts stuff. People will happily pay the $75 he charges on Cameo for a short video message.
>>
>>19656809
>with the other rangers wanting to leave for unspecified reasons.
They didn't choose to leave. Once JDF wanted out, Saban fired everybody but Justin. JYB once said they weren't even told directly, and they found out through the newspaper.
>>
>>19656262
>Probably got the "If you Unionize you'll never work in Hollywood again" usual anti-union bullshit.
you know nothing about Hollywood
>>
>>19656949
Not him, but young actors are stupid. Plenty of them don't know about SAG-AFTRA, especially back in the pre-internet days, and they can be misled into thinking joining a union's bad for them.
>>
>>19656955
True, but you've worded things much more reasonably than that clearly non-American anon pulling shit out of his ass about Hollywood being anti-union
>>
>Cogs crashing the beach party in grass skirts and wearing lays
lmao Zeo is kino af
>>
File: furry power.png (982 KB, 1280x720)
982 KB
982 KB PNG
>>
File: 1554614069925.jpg (108 KB, 1280x720)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>19657036
It keeps happening.
>>
>>19649686
Coinless Verse are the only Ranger OCs that does that
>>
>>19657174
Not coincidentally the only Ranger OCs who are designed to look like bad guys
>>
File: 1558132619882.jpg (80 KB, 640x480)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>19638738
Kids will watch whatever as long as the merchandise is good...Im not sorry you get filtered by the most simple continuity on television
>>
So are we gonna get a Chun-Li trailer tomorrow?
Two weeks ago it was High Schooler Ryu and two weeks before that it was the Ryu trailer
>>
>>19638745
A MMPR reboot means that they have a chance of actually giving the season some meaning to the kids, of getting them invested in the suits, the character and zords, plus they also get the already invested manchildren. They get to merge both audiences
>>
>>19657515
This would have been a GOAT extra helmet for Lightning Collection. Sad day.
>>
>>19638745
>>19657738
Reminder that the perfect handling and modernization of the original MMPR formula was GGPR's first few arcs
>>
>>19655832
I think they could have easily replaced the entire cast by fully transitioning into the next sentai season.
>>
>>19658163
You have to keep in mind the time period. Back then it was a lot smarter to keep a show going with a winning formula and make incremental changes rather than try to turn it into a sort of anthology. See, any of the long running action series from the same time period.
>>
With a high budget, who would you choose for the cast of a reboot MMPR show?
>>
>>19658163
>>19658182
This. Remember what happened when they replaced Lion Voltron with Vehicle Voltron. Or when Transformers tried making Hot Rod the new lead. American kids aren't good at dealing with retools in their favorite shows.
>>
>>19658163
This was at the height of Morphin Mania. The Zyuranger suits were everywhere on all kinds of licensed shit. The movie and live stage show were just around the corner. Switching to Voltron Vehicle Force then would've been suicide.

I do wonder how the show would've handled losing the entire cast. Tommy was already written out so they just toss White Light like they did Cassie's return in Lost Galaxy. Do they Peace Conference everyone or do they graduate off screen instead. Do they grab any reoccurring characters like Curtis or Angela and upgrade them to Rangers.
>>
https://youtu.be/eTB1sYJJqNY
>>
>>19659065
Oh god, she looks 3S levels of oppressive. Also, ALEX WHEN
>>
>>19658163
Why do you think that?
>>
File: imp48ni0xl001.jpg (76 KB, 751x511)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>19655856
>Seeing as they invented ways to keep him around.
I can't pretend to know the timeframe bts from Tommy's reintroduction as the white ranger to the walk-off, from the audience perspective it was barely a handful of episodes, but I'm sure even with the attempt to bring him back, the message was still sent that "You are replaceable".
>>
>>19656758
Then they must've been lying because he had more focus episodes as the green ranger than as white, and Kim has more episodes focused on her over the whole three season run.
>>
>>19659216
he was obviously still a part of the show, otherwise there would be nothing for him to walk away from.
>>
With respect to the actors who were screwed over, changing half the cast in season 2 was probably for the best in the long run. It meant the show could wean the audience off old characters while making sure to not fully alienate them by kicking everyone out. A way to get kids used to cast departures without going all out, and then you slowly transition into one-season teams since the audience knows these Rangers are replaceable. Kicking everyone out by season 2 would have pissed off the newfound audience, but keeping the entire cast for a whole 2 or 3 seasons would have also made it impossible to get your audience interested in a new cast when that time came, as we can see from what happened to Digimon.
>>
>>19659089
Enough is enough
>>
File: sc.jpg (182 KB, 480x320)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
A decade on Nickelodeon and they never did a Space Cases crossover/reunion. Missed their shot.
>>
>>19659481
You had to make me remember the song.
https://youtu.be/9soPONp0QAI
>>
>>19659245
>he had more focus episodes as the green ranger than as white
You're right, and yet people bitch that it become the Tommy show once he became White.
>>
>>19659481
Any chance of them ever putting this on Paramount+? I'd love to watch it again.
>>
>>19659481
You know, if Power Rangers is doomed to be nothing more than a nostalgia franchise that can't do anything but remind people of the 90s, it could at least indulge in it and do crossovers with forgotten 90s kid shows and guest star appearances from washed-up former child actors, like a crossover with the shitty Animorphs TV show.
>>
>>19659552
It's on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/9CuwtfnJUEQ
>>
>>19655832
>I lost respect for Jason David Frank.
>not david and amy
Would things have been different if the entire cast banded together? Maybe. But we're also talking about the biggest jew in Hollywood. Austin, Walter, and Thuy's agent was retarded for trying to challenge Haim. Amy is the only one who left on amicable terms, and she's the only one who had an acting career outside of Power Rangers. Pretty sure Saban was able to use his jew influence to get the others blacklisted. JDF for instance made several pilots post PR, but none of them got picked up.
>>
>>19659680
Saban's influence in Hollywood was short-lived and none of the other studios ever took him seriously enough for him to influence. They just saw him as the dope he made billions off of a Japanese kids' show. The hard truth is most of these actors couldn't find work after PR because working on either a popular kids' show or a popular SF show dooms you to typecasting, and PR was never the kind of show where an actor could demonstrate whatever acting talents they had.
>>
File: SABAN_B_960_1.jpg (100 KB, 960x600)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>19659691
Saban has deep ties with the Clintons, do not underestimate the influence that man had.
>>
>>19659725
Clintons, but not Hollywood. Hollywood doesn't give a shit about Saban. Why do you think all his efforts to make TV/movies outside of PR have been fleeting at best?
>>
>>19659734
>fleeting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Saban_Films_films
>>
>>19659760
Now pick out how many of those movies are actually successful.
>>
>>19659760
https://www.the-numbers.com/market/distributors
>Saban Films is in 217th place
Yes, Saban's success was fleeting.
>>
>>19659764
I'm gonna say most of them. They're low budget films designed to turn a profit. That's what Saban specializes in. If they weren't successful he wouldn't keep making them.
>>
>>19659779
>he wouldn't keep making them.
He doesn't make them. He distributes them. Most of the films listed don't list Saban Films as the production company.
>>
>>19659776
That list is measured by box office. Most of his films are direct to video/on demand. Either way he's not trying to make Disney level profits with his low budget films.

>>19659784
Okay and? Even more so shows that he's just interested in making an easy profit by distributing low budget films. There's nothing standing in Saban's way of having a bigger presence in Hollywood if he wanted to. He's clearly more invested in other shit.
>>
>>19659802
>There's nothing standing in Saban's way of having a bigger presence in Hollywood if he wanted to.
Except he did want to, and he failed. The Power Rangers movie bombed, remember? I don't understand what you're trying to say if you think Saban could easily rule Hollywood if he wanted to, and he just chooses to distribute Z-list movies no one watches instead.
>>
>>19659725
Read an article actually from 1993-1994 and see how much influence outside PR he had.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-12-28-fi-6310-story.html
>He has had some success. Known mostly for its lightweight cartoon shows, Saban has another highly rated program in its animated “X-Men,” based on the comic-book super-heroes. Saban is also a big supplier of children’s programming to Asia and Europe, and has made some headway in an attempt to diversify into prime time, with such miniseries as “To Catch a Killer” with Brian Dennehy. The company’s move into feature films is more dubious: Saban hasn’t yet found a distributor for “Blindfold: Acts of Obsession” starring Shannen Doherty of “Beverly Hills 90210" fame.

>Privately held Saban doesn’t make its financial results public, and Haim Saban would say only that the company is profitable and its revenues are in the “very high eight figures"--which puts them somewhere below $100 million.
>>
>>19659725
Yeah, he's got so much influence that he distributes movies no one's heard of. He might give Asylum Films a run for their money.
>>
>>19659813
Making a big budget movie with a big studio only proves he could do so anytime he wants. That was more about cashing in on Power Rangers than it was about his desire to rule Hollywood. When Power Rangers proved to not be as profitable as he hoped he immediately sold it.

>>19659824
>DEC. 28, 1993
>Privately held Saban doesn’t make its financial results public, and Haim Saban would say only that the company is profitable and its revenues are in the “very high eight figures"--which puts them somewhere below $100 million.
We know now in retrospect that's bullshit, he made billions off Power Rangers, and with money comes power, hence Clintons.
>>
>>19659852
>Making a big budget movie with a big studio only proves he could do so anytime he wants.
Big budget my ass, that movie had to become a Krispy Kreme commercial to pay off the costs. The only reason that movie was made was because of the PR IP, and no one would give Saban a mainstream movie about anything else even if he begged. Quit pretending all of Saban's failures are just steps in his 128d chess plan.
>>
>>19659864
I don't think you understand, no one has to GIVE Saban anything. He can fund a 200 million dollar blockbuster right now and distribute it himself. He's clearly not interested in doing that sort of thing. He had Lionsgate make the 2017 movie. Why? No financial risk for him, while still getting a big financial reward since it was his IP. He's not a billionaire for nothing, he knows how to make money.
>>
>>19659888
>he knows how to make money.
Yeah, by making a mainstream movie that bombed, failing to make any other successful lasting IPs, and reduced to working on a niche film distributor. Get Ham's cock out of your mouth. He's not Jeff Bezos or Bob Iger.
>>
>>19659902
>making a mainstream movie that bombed
You keep insinuating the failure was his fault when it was a Lionsgate film he probably had very little direct involvement in.

>reduced to working on a niche film distributor.
It's just another easy, passive source of income for him in which he doesn't actually have to do anything. He has his hands in a lot of shit. Hollywood isn't his concern.

Saban Capital Group, Current Investments
*Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE) (JV)
>Media Nusantara Citra (MNC) 7.5% stake
>Taomee (minority stake)
>Playbuzz (2016)
>Bustle
>IronSource
>Broadcasting Media Partners (20%) Univision Communications, Inc.
>Sim Video International
>>
>>19659852
Liongate isn't a big studio. And they didn't produce a PR movie because Saban snapped his fingers. It was because their Samurai and Megaforce DVDs were selling well in Walmarts.
>>
File: E1BJ8ywXIAA8IW9.jpg (155 KB, 1080x719)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
Picture of the final DF table read has been shared.
Outside of the Ranger cast, is anyone here good at recognising faces?
Cooley's there.
>>
>>19659928
>You keep insinuating the failure was his fault when it was a Lionsgate film he probably had very little direct involvement in.
Anon, are you really gonna play this fucking game when we know Bennett said Saban was a heavy meddler in the show? If he was that obsessed with making the show "his" way, why would you possibly think he had little involvement in the movie he hoped would be the start of his new cinematic universe?
>>
>>19659928
>He has his hands in a lot of shit.
Yeah, a lot of shit no one's heard of besides Univision. Unless you're Haim's grandson or rentboy, I don't know why you're whiteknighting him so hard.
>>
>>19659941
He foot the bill for the show. He didn't fund the movie.
>>
>>19659949
>He didn't fund the movie.
He's one of the production companies who made the film.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3717490/companycredits?ref_=tt_dt_co
At this point, you're in denial.
>>
>>19659949
>He didn't fund the movie.
Then why would Lionsgate be okay with marketing the film as "Saban's Power Rangers" if Saban didn't spend any money on it?
>>
>>19659974
Why did Hasbro continue to have Saban's name on the franchise after he sold it?
>>
>>19659992
Because he was still a producer/consultant on the series, and they removed his name after the first season anyway? Now do you have an answer to my question, or are you gonna keep sucking Saban's dick?
>>
>>19659938
I think someone on Twitter said Void Knight's VA is there.
>>
>>19659938
Alwyn Dale's waluigi stache
>>
>>19659938
So I guess Campbell Cooley is voicing Wiserue or something?
>>
>>19659938
Is the blond lady next to Cooley the actress for Santura/Void Knight's partner?
>>
>>19660041
That'd be my guess. Though he could be voicing any random monster or other suit.
>>
NEW
>>19660085
>>19660085
>>19660085
>>
>>19659888
>He can fund a 200 million dollar blockbuster right now and distribute it himself
That's not how any of this works. If it was, every billionaire who thinks they're an auteur would shit out self-made blockbuster films all the time. You'd see a hundred Elon Musk movies by now.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.