[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: R_9A.jpg (81 KB, 1200x641)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
New game releases in a week, so let's have a thread to talk about it and all things R-Type.
>>
>>19603233
>in a week
thread will be dead by tomorrow
>>
>>19603300
Probably. But I at least wanted to put in the effort.

Early playthroughs have already leaked too, so some major stuff about the game is already known.
>>
>>19603233
Looks familiar
>>
>>19603503
The Arrowhead is peak aesthetic.
>>
>>19603320
>spoiler
You can't just say that and not post them anon
>>
How would you feel about an R-Type anime mine series?

https://youtu.be/xKEqID3k6RA
>>
>>19604006
Here you go.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=5-RvYUpOKms
https://youtube.com/watch?v=n9noYf8VkDo

Game has multiple ending routes, with different stages and bosses in each. The final boss in one is the Ebon Eye from the first Tactics at the center of "The Planet Bydo" confirming that the Tactics games are fully canon, alongside stuff like being able to change the game name to Command (Jap name for the Tactics games) and some ship names being from there. After beating the Eye, the ship is pulled through into it like in both Tactics, presumably to be broken down and harvested by the Solar Envoy.

There's also another ending route where you face a sluglike entity resembling Nomemayer that's presumably another Core, amongst an entire endless dimension of destroyed R-fighters.
>>
>>19604112
Could be great if done well and made by a studio who gives a shit about the setting and lore.
>>
>>19604317
I thought the first Tactics game was always considered canon, it was the second one what got muddy.
>>
>>19604370
Both were considered dubiously canon, despite the first one taking place in the middle of Operation Last Dance and the second one directly following up on events from the first. Either way, we can safely say that both are now canon since The Ebon Eye in Tactics 1 us the exact same entity as the Amber Pupil in 2, with both pulling the fleet into a blackhole in order to either be converted or harvested by the Solar Envoy's guards.
>>
>>19604317
>>19604385
I still don't understand how the Solar Envoy's existence makes any sense with things like R-Type III's ending.
Not sure it's worth connecting everything If it just creates so many holes and makes everything more ambiguous.
>>
>>19604395
III just involved another Bydo Core in the form of the Mother Bydo within Bydo space. Likewise, the Ebon Eye literally exists at the centre of a major Bydo stronghold, one that is literally called "Planet Bydo". On top of that, where the Mother Bydo only appeared once in its debut game, the Ebon Eye has appeared THREE consecutive times with the same function in all three games. Lending credence to the idea that it might just be the actual Core and the others are decoys, with the Eye itself acting as an eternal gateway to the Solar Envoy's realm.

This doesn't really contradict anything we know of either, since each leading Bydo entity is different in each game. The one fought in III was just the head of that invasion.
>>
>>19604412
The issue is the Bydo were supposed to be completely sealed at the end of III, but managed to make their way out of the space they were sealed in. Really driving them in as an inevitable thread.
Now if we know there was just a Bydo factory left behind to make more Bydo, there's nothing really remarkable about their return and the whole ending, and the Bydo's return is much more mundane.
>>
So what version of the first R-Type is the best to play?

Assume I’m a retard who can’t into MAME cores or whatever the fuck that emulator uses, so the arcade version is off the table.
>>
>>19604112
Life Force/Salamander and the prequel / sequel of Gradius 1/2 were fun enough bland ovas
>>
>>19604439

The PCE/TG16 version is definitely one of the better ports of the 16-bit era.
>>
>>19604430
We already knew the Bydo could easily escape dimensional seals from the very beginning. Future Humanity's first act upon realizing how uncontrollable and unstoppable they were was to shunt them into another dimension and throw away the key. They eventually managed to escape said dimension, turning all of it into Bydo in the process (even empty space) and then broke free and attacked humanity in the past.

We also know that they have multiple dimensions and alternate realities infested in the same way, with the Tactics games implying they've even found their way into the very root functioning of Time itself. The first Final even had you destroy the entity that was supposedly the ultimate essence if the entire Bydo Empire and the *true* source of all Bydo everywhere, and that didn't even slow them down.
>>
>>19604439
https://mega.nz/file/mlwG3ZCJ#NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
>>
I'm just going to say the entire story of these games seems completely insane. But intriguing
>>
>>19604593
The best and wackiest part of R-Type threads is discussing the crazy lore.
>>
>>19604610
I'm looking into it and there's a huge number of ships and weapons to play around with. Huh thanks to whoever made this thread this stuffs interesting
>>
>>19604317
Do those random dialogue choices mean anything?
i swear to god if there isn't a god damn happy ending this time
>>
>>19604741
Not sure if they do. I know that before the beginning of the first level, you can pick how you want to respond before heading out. Otherwise, can't tell you much else about them.

Of the three endings I've seen, only one can be argued to be 'happy'. In the first, you get sucked in by the Ebon Eye after fighting against it, to be presumably broken down and either converted into new Bydo or harvested by the Solar Envoy and its Guards. In the other, you fight against a powerful Bydo entity and get turned into a Bydo yourself, before fighting your way through other hostile Bydo and even tearing your way through an Earth fleet before just floating in the vacuum amidst their destroyed remains. The 'happiest' one is where you defeat the Nomemayer-like Core but your Force is sacrificed in the fight and you may or may not be able to escape the endless hell dimension you've been trapped in.
>>
>>19604704
R-Type lore is surprisingly dense for a SHMUP.
>>
>>19604741
>>19604794
There are also probably hidden levels too, so that's a thing to keep in mind.
>>
>>19604439
PCE
>>
>>19604317
I think everything seems to be pointing towards R-Type Final 2 being some sort of simulation of the various R-Type games.
>>
>>19606044
There's not really a lot to point in that direction. Not unless you assume the Bydo are creating nested simulations of reality.
>>
In some ways, the first stage is oddly similar to the first stage in final 1 except in space
With even another System Alpha appearing. I doubt there's any meaningful reason for this besides just being a throwback tho
>>
>>19604317
is the game a playthrough of the tactics game but in traditional shmup format rather than trpg?
>>
>>19606228
Hard to say, given the presence of the Ebon Eye in one of the routes, but all the other bosses are very different. It's probably just a flat continuation.
>>
>>19606188
We'll likely understand more once the game publically releases.
>>
>>19604450
I miss Gradius...
>>
>>19606174
There's a manual in the game that explains a little bit of the story of Final 2 which points in that direction.
>>
>>19607262
Mind posting some stuff from it?
>>
remember that dobby can talk
>>
>>19607989
Nani?
>>
>>19608440
https://youtu.be/uryRurh07no?t=325
>>
Trying to play through this on R-Typer difficulty is nightmarish, holy fuck. It's feels like a Kaizo game tuned into a shmup, the difficulty goes way off the scale compared to the prior difficulties. Especially since like the previous games, if you die you have to do the stage in an even worse position than before.
>>
>>19609172
THE PAIN MUST BE ENDURED.
>>
>>19603233
was my fav shooter on the C64 in the 80s.
level 3 was best.
best music too
https://youtu.be/Bft5BhWIzTU?t=421
>>
>>19609289
Good taste anon.
>>
>>
>>19609172
Wave cannon goes a very long way in leveling out the playing field though. If this were Gradius you'd be in buttfuck central.
>>
>>19610291
Also aggressive Force Pod shots can help a lot
>>
Can i fuck a bydo?
>>
>>19610334
Yeah even at level 1 a Force is already a controllable combination bullet shield and wrecking ball and you're supposed to get real familiar with it being an extension of your reach alongside the penetrating behaviors of the wave cannon.

Kaizo game is an otherwise apt comparison in the sense of the series being fond of gotcha moments, but the fact that you can still fuck shit up at your weakest should never be underestimated and is sorta why the series gets away with gotchas as often as it does: the setbacks may feel bad, but they're mostly psychological, the worst you get is having to pick up a Force and I'm pretty sure every checkpoint has a POW armor spawn rather quickly.
>>
>>19610614
There are more pleasant ways to commit suicide anon
>>
>>19610274
It's all connected.
>>
>>19610291
The problem is a lot of stages don't give you the room to charge your wave cannon for clear, if you're not constantly clearing out enemies you quickly get swarmed due to the amount of homing attacks.

Stage 2 on R-Typer is a great example where you get fucked hard at the start.
>>
>>19610619
Yea at least it's not Gradius's scenario of needing to go up the powerup line to upgrade and it taking ages to get going

It's one of those things that you see a lot of new players not using. A combination of the pod shot and using the wave cannon especially with the entire charge up and not being able to attack while doing the charge.
You'll see them just endlessly mash fire only to realize a lot of bullet spongey enemies die extremely quickly with a combination of pod shot and just pushing the pod into the enemy.
Does help that later games make the detached pod being bale to do more interesting things than the fully upgraded Standard Force's 90 45 0 5-way shot when separated
>>
>>19604112
This animation pisses me off.
>>
>>19611846
Having some of the Force variants act pseudo-autonomously also helps a good deal at clearing out tons of enemies.
>>
>>19603233
Any secret routes leak yet?
>>
So is Tamayo going to do music for this game, like she did in Thunder Force 6? She is a damn good composer.
>>
>>19612998
Maybe? Not sure if she's onboard.
>>
>>19610614
No. But Bydo can fuck you.
>>
>>19615183
Well Bydo are based on humans. So a big thick DICK should set em straight.
>>
>>19615240
The only dicking here is Dobby's tail going inside your asshole.
>>
>>19615240
Based on us, but they aren't us.
>>
File: 1438007124897.jpg (134 KB, 695x597)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
I just hope Granzella makes Steambot Chronicles 2 next
>>
How do I git gud at Delta?
>>
>>19616395
step 1: stop sucking
step 2: shoot them better
step 3: die less
>>
>>19610614
R-type Final, you literally go through a narrow corridor to a central core, and attach the force device to it and it starts reproducing devices along the same vein as the force device
>>
>>19616545
is that the part where people are literally fucking in the background?
>>
>>19616569
yes
>>
>>19616395
Slam force pod into everything. Maintain 100% Dose as long as possible for score bonus.
>>
>>19616545
Its like the core is mocking you when it does that.
>>
>>19617099
Most cores are probably mocking you. And the ones in Tactics go the extra mile and just kill you if you 'win'.
>>
File: bydo-core-1.png (55 KB, 163x211)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
why is it an old man?
>>
>>19616545
Speaking of, what the hell happened at the end of Delta with the core after destroying the seed? Was that a stable time loop? Also is there a place that offers more detail into the lore than the Rtype wiki provides?
>>
>>19617900
>Speaking of, what the hell happened at the end of Delta with the core after destroying the seed? Was that a stable time loop?
The pilot escapes the Bydo realm in Delta so long as they're in any other ship save the Cerberus. The Cerberus gets entrapped and converted which is what we see in the bad ending where you paly as it and fail to escape and in the one hidden stage in Final.

>Also is there a place that offers more detail into the lore than the Rtype wiki provides?
Unfortunately, not as far as I'm aware. These threads are one of the few places where you can find the lore discussed in depth.
>>
>>19617851
Do you know what the bydo are?
>>
File: ILLEGAL_MISSION_22.jpg (1.81 MB, 2179x3048)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
>>19617851
>>
>>19618091
So did your core replace the one you destoryed or became something else?
>The Cerberus gets entrapped and converted which is what we see in the bad ending where you paly as it and fail to escape and in the one hidden stage in Final.
Does this happen to all Cerberus models?
>Unfortunately, not as far as I'm aware. These threads are one of the few places where you can find the lore discussed in depth.
Damn, thanks for answering my questions at least anon. I've enjoyed the games but never knew there was this much lore before.
>>
>>19618091
>These threads are one of the few places where you can find the lore discussed in depth
Would anyone be willing to do an in depth lore dump and put it up on pastebin or something so that we at least have it all collected somewhere?
>>
>>19618149
Yes, though it's weird it ended up looking like that
>>
>>19618688
Well its in the bydo's nature to try and be human since they once were
>>
>>19618405
>So did your core replace the one you destoryed or became something else?
It entered the Core and assimilated with it, steadily causing it to suffer fatal amounts of damage. It's a recurring thing in the later games where you have to sacrifice the Force/the Force sacrifices itself in order to kill the Core or render it vulnerable. In Delta specifically, the Core is basically already dead once the Force enters it. You just need to survive its last desperate attempts to drag you down with it until the Force destroys it.

>Does this happen to all Cerberus models?
Presumably, yes. At the time the Cerberus was meant to have the largest Bydo coefficient (the amount of Bydo integrated into the ship itself) of any ship produced at the time. If it were another Cerberus model instead that got trapped in Bydo Space, they'd probably suffer the same fate.

>Damn, thanks for answering my questions at least anon. I've enjoyed the games but never knew there was this much lore before.
No problem. R-type lore is a vast dark rabbit hole that we're all still falling into anyhow. The existential horror leads to surprisingly comfy threads.
>>
File: db4.jpg (96 KB, 615x593)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>19610274
>>
>>19619505
There's another reason that happens.

At the end of Delta, your ship escapes the Bydo's collapsing pocket dimenion by charging a Wave Cannon blast and breaking through something that looks like a wall between dimensions. The other two ships have powerful single-shot charged attacks and make it out just fine, but the Cerberus has the Lightning Wave cannon which shoots a bunch of lightning bolts that home in on enemies, so it's not strong enough to break through the dimensional barrier and is trapped in the Bydo dimension.
>>
I really, really, REALLY like the R-100. A lot. SUPER a lot. Am I a bad person?
>>
>>19619926
Ouch. Guess that's what happens when you skimp out on the Wave Cannon's energy charge.
>>
>>19619505
Admittedly even early on the easiest way to take out the final boss was Force shots even in the early days since it could get stuck in where the boss was and tear them up that way.

Also with how much Bydo Coefficient there was combined with the ribbon needed to control the Anchor Force meant there was danger. Since we know the Force has a presence in the minds of the pilots that cable connecting to the Anchor may have meant the Feedback from it's destruction could have been a good deal stronger fucked with the pilot's mind more leading to mistakes which helped to further damn them as much as the Lighting Wave Cannon issue mentioned by >>19619926

>>19619996
You're probably running it with the Wave Cannon from Strike Bomber (Mega Wave Cannon) which did bullshit high damage and penetrated everything in Final 1, Ragnarok (Hyper Wave Cannon) because rapid fire Wave Cannon that actually hurts things, or Ragnarok II (Giga Wave Cannon) Because fuck everything in one shot, but why would you need to stack it above loop two as it's a Mega Wave Cannon on crack.
>>
>>19619505
>It entered the Core and assimilated with it, steadily causing it to suffer fatal amounts of damage. It's a recurring thing in the later games where you have to sacrifice the Force/the Force sacrifices itself in order to kill the Core or render it vulnerable.
Thanks, that makes more sense. All the weridness already going on in that stage and the imagery of that scene looking like a sperm fertilizing an egg made me think otherwise.
>Presumably, yes. At the time the Cerberus was meant to have the largest Bydo coefficient (the amount of Bydo integrated into the ship itself) of any ship produced at the time. If it were another Cerberus model instead that got trapped in Bydo Space, they'd probably suffer the same fate.
So eventually the same tech they use weaponize and contain cores and bydo tech without them infecting everything will fail in increased Bydo exposure? Especially shit like Ebon Eye?
>No problem. R-type lore is a vast dark rabbit hole that we're all still falling into anyhow. The existential horror leads to surprisingly comfy threads.
Yeah, this is one of the few threads I've enjoyed on the entire site lately
>>19619926
So that shield that appears around your ship isn't capable of ramming or pin point barrier shenanigans.
>>19620436
>Also with how much Bydo Coefficient there was combined with the ribbon needed to control the Anchor Force meant there was danger. Since we know the Force has a presence in the minds of the pilots that cable connecting to the Anchor may have meant the Feedback from it's destruction could have been a good deal stronger fucked with the pilot's mind more leading to mistakes which helped to further damn them as much as the Lighting Wave Cannon issue mentioned by >>19619926
So a pilot could be trojan horsed and never realize it, scary.
>>
>>19620217
The ship wasn't designed to survive the end game from the very beginning.
The mission is to destroy the enemy, not to come home safely.
>>
>>19621051
>So a pilot could be trojan horsed and never realize it, scary.
Pilots could be "altered" at DNA level to "withstand the Bydo corruption".
But in reality it is the other way around.
>>
>it releases on PC too
Oh sweet, I didn't know that. I thought I wasn't going to be able to play it for a while.
>>
best R-type OST?
for me it's either Leo or Delta
>>
>>19621384

The original, as basic a choice it may be. Nothing hits me harder with nostalgia than stage 4's music. Delta is definitely best overall tho.
>>
>>19621174
Which makes those interaction choices in the beginning of Final 2 feel like you could easily be infected and pretending to still be human.
>>
The only way to deal with Bydo is to make more Bydo.
You replace the old Bydo with new Bydo, and hope the new Bydo is not going to come back for you.
Too bad all Bydo are the same.
>>
Reading thread at futaba
>spent 4 hours on stage 2 boss
Wew
>>
>>19621384
1, 2 and 3 in that order
I don't mind the later ones, but they don't sound as apt for the stages and the bydo
the final boss stages of later ones are generally cool though
>>
>R-Museum confirmed
Oh boy, get ready for all those new bits of lore.
>>
>>19621469
I spent a whole day trying to get pass the first level in Nemesis Kai
>>
>>19621447
>The only way to deal with Bydo is to make more Bydo.
This seems counterproductive.
>>
7.0 end seemed to end the series for good.
>>
>>19621755
what was that one?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3RRDa-XBRw
>>
>>19621755
The one with the slug? How so?
>>
>>19622037
The ending narration says the fighter and pilot has finished the mission, completely ended the root of the Bydo, and has returned to home safely.
>>
Hey guys, I think the Bydo took over my neighb
>>
>>19621755
>>19622037
>>19622110
Given that 7.2 exists and The Ebon Eye exists I'm inclined to believe it's another fake out.
>>
>>19622222
That's a given, but there wasn't any clean cut as 7.0 before so I guess it could be a thing they put in IF sales are not as good as expected.
>>
I won't say that flying bricks are not mecha, but they are boring as fuck.
When I say "mecha" or "robot" I instantly get the idea of something with limbs.
Therefore shmups with boring ass static ships will always be BORING and POINTLESS when you can have something like pic related as your vehicle.
>>
>>19622439
I don't see how having limbs makes something more interesting than your average shmup ship. Good taste though
>>
>>19622439

Ok. In what way do you even make meaningful use of a robots limbs in STGs?
>>
File: Angelpac.jpg (118 KB, 612x611)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>19622439
>with limbs
In R-TYPE 2 they even chopped off pilot's limbs and attached them directly to the mecha for "better control".
LIMBS are not important in the R-TYPE world.
>>
>>19622723
melee attacks (punch, kick, sword)
running and jumping in place of constant flying
twin stick style aiming enabled by arms
>>
>>19622773
>melee attacks
>twin stick style aiming
Both possible with ships. Flying is cooler than running and jumping, though you can get ground movement without limbs anyway if you care that much
>>
>>19622773

Can't help but be amused with your choice of robot going by what you want out of a shooter game. Cuz MUSHA Aleste has no other attack besides shoot!
>>
>Transformable
>Got limbs
>only shoulder beam attack
>>
>>19622850
Sorry to confuse, I'm not >>19622439, I was just weighing in on ways you could make use of robot limbs in a shmup.
>>
>>19622439
Final literally had a mech as one of its selectable ships.
>>
After having a solid week to play the game, I like it but holy shit does it have some awful design decisions
>Enemies that will off-screen you for sitting in the wrong spot (not just because of you walking into a pattern, but homing enemies that will home into you from off screen
>Many, many instances of the game throwing a ton of enemies with homing attacks at you and forcing you into a small area
>A lot of bullets and attacks being obscured by particle effects resulting in you dying to things you couldn't see

Harder difficulties become unbearable because they tend to throw the same sort of thing at you. When you play the game on R-Typer and see Stage 2 / 3, you'll understand.
>>
>>19622906
>getting filtered by the classic R-Type experience
Never gonna make it
>>
What is the best horizontal shmup of all time?
>>
Is this new R Type a good choice for someone new to the genre? I've always wanted to get into shmup games, but I've never really tried to get good at any yet.
>>
>>19623071
Play Compile shmups they tend to be rather easy at times
>>
File: 21539636_p0.jpg (78 KB, 1150x480)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>19623050

You're in the thread for it m8
>>
>>19622988
I've played plenty of R-Type, that's why I backed it in the first place m8. But play through Stage 2 on R-Typer and come back to me because that's easily one of the worst stages I've played in all of R-Type.

Stage 2 and 3 are absolute shit. The rest are fine, even if 7.1 and 6.1 have some boring checkpoints.
>>
>>19622868
>Beam Rifle Included
Damn, they really don't make in-box extras like they used to.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (11 KB, 347x216)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>
>>19622743
Flesh is pointless in the war against the Bydo
>>
>>19622743
>Angel Pac
>kind of like a plug that goes in to control the mecha haha
>1989
>>
Who's Jade Ross?
>>
File: Z8sSFZA.jpg (332 KB, 1920x976)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
>>19624836
>Jade Ross
>>
>>19621540
Found anything yet?
>>
>>19622439
then check out the TL series from R-Type Final, an entire set of beam-sword-wielding transformable mech fighters
faggot
>>
Fuck those god damn tanks.
>>
>>19624836
Our hero.
>>
>>19625590
I hear ya
>>
File: 13.jpg (132 KB, 900x1200)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
"Haha, Bydo isn't too bad. I'll check out R-Typer."
>>
File: 1619830131172.png (138 KB, 1344x832)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>
The same ships are password locked again. Strider’s password is “granzella”, anyone got any guesses as to the rest?
>>
Is Delta supposed to be incredibly tedious?
>>
>>19626125
which position is strider in? or are they labelled and I just missed it?
>>
>>19626098
CHAD BEE
>>
>>19626098
Hell outside the R-9 are any of those actually in active Franchises?
>>
>>19626098
>gradius is a horizontal shooter
>barely get to see it's sick laser cunt
>>
is there a whole museum image out there?
>>
>>19626632
Raiden V came out this gen, Darius and Thunderforce got some great re-releases including the Genesis mini version of Darius 2 which might be the best version.
>>
>>19627048
For Final-2? Definitely too soon.
>>
Anyone uploaded the gog version yet?

Wanna see what performance is like before I bite since we got shafted with no demo on PC
>>
Do I get anything for 1cc this game? I haven't even beaten the game and I'm sitting on 30 continues because I don't retry.
>>
Do we finally get to fuck the Solar Envoy?
>>
>there's backer exclusive ships
Great game but I wish they fucked off with that shit.
>>
>>19627585
No.
>>
>>19627585
the opposite if anything
>>
>Didn't back the game in time
>I will never have a full museum
I want to kill myself
>>
>>19626125
Ladyluck is
loveandpeace
Enjoy your R-13A Cerberus
>>
What the fuck is the plot?
>According to the database, humanity defeated the bydo in final
>final 2 is basically them cataloguing bydo info for future generations
>but the ending

?????????
>>
>>19628095
To make money with an old hardcore IP which companies have no interest in investing more cash into.
>>
Do higher difficulties award more resources? I want to grind out some new ships.
>>
>>19628174
I think its more based on the enemy types you destroy, but higher difficulties make the Level thing in the top right upgrade faster. but the question is does higher level mean more enemies?
>>
File: R9F_Arm-Type.jpg (160 KB, 604x309)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>2021
>Cheesing bosses by dumping the R9F force directly into them and holding fire
I'm home
>>
>>19628185

>mfw killing Dobkeratops in 5 seconds doing this
>>
>>19627585
No. We get straight fucked.

>>19628095
>You thought you fought the Core in Final, but it was actually the Ebon Eye all along!
>>
>>19603233
I wish there was a cheat to unlock all th ships
I just wantthe fuking TL-2A
>>
>>19627949
>>19627958
>>19628217
Okay, so I guess we'll be looking at a sequel in 7 years or so where nothing gets resolved again.
>>
There is a live stream with player unlocking fighters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CyYHnDVSuc
>>
File: 1619878703340.png (29 KB, 368x71)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>
File: 20210502_005225.jpg (402 KB, 3840x2160)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
Zeon doesn't stand a chance
>>
>>19628487
If you thought we were ever going to defeat the literal source of evil, you're delusional.
>>
>Credits roll
>Reading the kickstarter backer names
>Corona Chan
Alright which one of you clowns is responsible
>>
>>19628876
I was actually expecting to wreck the Solar Envoy and reveal the Super Bydo Empire this game, but clearly not.
>>
>>19628876
Not him, but I thought they were gonna resolve stuff with the Solar Envoy specifically, since they propped it up in Tactics but there's no real confrontation or resolution there.
I didn't think It was gonna be the end of the Bydo themselves, but I kinda viewer the Solar Envoy as the next thing to topple.
>>
>>19629176
>>19629264
I mean, 'defeating' the Ebon Eye means we got sucked into its dimension. Maybe the R-fighter actually managed to survive and put up a fight!

Who am I kidding, they got raped beyond belief
>>
>>19629485
Cerberus II, Electric Bugaboo?
>>
>>19629596
Unlikely to have been made into a specific Bydo. They likely just got dissolved and harvested by its Guards.
>>
>Took 30+ continues to clear stage 3.0 on normal
This is getting rough, might put it down to kids unless that locks me out of stuff.
>>
File: r-type_daily_dose.jpg (24 KB, 478x275)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
your daily dose
>>
>>19630485
Haven’t see any particular difficulty limits in the museum.
>>
>>19603300
>>19603320
>thread will be dead
>it's already the second of may

I bet you two feel silly, don't you?
>>
which colour orbs lead to which 6.x stage?
>>
This thread made me go pick up Final 2 and now I'm finding myself super intrigued by the lore and the rest of the series. It's kicking my ass on Bydo difficulty but I'm gonna try powering through it. Is there a list of recommendations you guys have for which games to play after this one, or what to go read? Japanese is no issue for me as well if that helps.
>>
>>19631185
>Is there a list of recommendations you guys have for which games to play after this one
R-Type 1
R-Type Delta
R-Type 3 if you hate yourself
R-Type 2 if you really hate yourself
Super R-Type if you REALLY hate yourself
Also,R-Type Tactics 1 and 2
>or what to go read?
https://e-hentai.org/g/745678/8fde959e76/
have fun
>>
>>19631185
>>19631289
If you're intrigued by the lore you should pick Final 1, the gameplay may be a little slower/flawed compared to the other titles, but its R-Museum and Bydo Lab are literally the series "bible" regarding the lore.
>>
>>19631289
Honestly Lorebooks is one thing we've not gotten most digging into for organized things as the wiki's pretty hit or miss and shittily organized.

Like the Angel PAC was something I discovered only today
>>
>>19631289
>>19631298
Thanks anons
>>
Is there a list for all the passwords?
>>
File: IMG_7781.jpg (55 KB, 679x501)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>19631306
And it just happened not to have limbs as well.
What a coincidence.
>>
File: IMG_7786.jpg (48 KB, 350x301)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>Lore
Also Ragnarok was "rumored" to have female pilot(s) who is/are in her 20s to have their biological age "fixed" at 14 years old, and directly connected to the unit like the Angel PAC as the biocomputer unit.
>>
>>19631576
So in like 90% of other settings we're the bad guys right?
>>
>>19631576
I gotta OCR shit shit just to make sure this ain't /m/ telling tales man.
>>
>>19631602
It's legit if you believe the military. (At the end it says the military denies this.)
>>
>>19631715
Smacks just a bit too much of MAGICAL REALM though.
>>
>>19631717
Keep in mind BYDO was created using both genetic technology and black magic.
>>
>>19631596
Humans literally made the Bydo to commit genocide against other civilizations and they go right back to infighting in Tactics 2, so in a way yes.
>>
>>19631774
Isn't Tactics still on the main timeline and not the timeline where the Bydo were made?

We're not even sure if Bydo was a Hail Mary SuperWeapon or a LOL FUCK EM Superweapon.
>>
File: CROSS SMASHA.png (634 KB, 1277x542)
634 KB
634 KB PNG
>>19610274
What did they mean by this?
>>
>mysterious Bydo System Alpha in Stage 1.0
>Stage 7.1 is the same place as in 1.0

So...
A fighter from one of the fleets made it to Stage 7.1 -> cleared stage and got turned into Bydo System Alpha -> returning home -> Another fighter departed from fleet and tackled on another section of the deserted base -> Bydo System Alpha destroyed the entire fleet and entered atmosphere afterwards -> The other fighter moved on without knowing
>>
>>19631306
>>19631523
I actually remember from my Gameboy R-Type 2 manual they badly translated it to something like 'the pilots limbs are cut and it is just a brain', and also called Bydo 'the Bade'
>>
>>19631969
But on R-Typer difficulty and above you slaughter that Bydo Alpha
>>
File: E0Y8jpUVoAcxnPf.jpg (199 KB, 1280x720)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
Wew
>>
>>19631978
is the line the same as Final 1? I'm gonna spend my points later
>>
>>19631978
How is this nigga farming so fast?
>>
>>19631969
Yea. It was later captured and autopsied to reveal the R-9A which was under it which lead to attempting to reverese engineer it so it'd not eat the pilot
>>
>>19603233
>New game
You mean recycled, watered down port
>>
>>19604112
Said it when it came out. Western garbage. R-Type isn't a two player simultaneously game.
>>
anyone got the TL-2A? pretty sure I know the req but idk how to unlock r-9wb or r-11
>>
>>19604112
It's like whoever done that never played the game.
Also fugly pseudo anime style.
>>
The bydo ending is a cop out imo.

Really all the callbacks to FINAL 1 seem lazy to me.

oh no, I got turned into system alpha again...how exciting
>>
>>19603233
I only realized recently how large that cockpit is compared to the pilots. That's one big glass dome.
>>
>>19610274
The swirly energy beams have been a trope in Japanese animation before R-Type came along
>>
>>19632049
Does tie to some of the old art for it being a two seater which would fill in more of the cockpit space.
But later they switched to a single seater configuration and didn't change the cockpit. Gonna be as awkward looking as the F-15EX is going to be.
>>
>>19632012
For Happy Days probably need to deal with the slug thing first?
>>
>>19632042
I guess it is R-Type Final 2 rather than R-Type 5
>>
File: TL-2A_Achilleus.jpg (32 KB, 640x480)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>19632012
Don't got it but I know it's in. The teaser for TL-2B, if you look closely, you can see its foot in the background and the TL-2A2 further back
>>
>>19604439
Arcade
>>
>>19603233
>UE4
>76 dollarydoos
yikes
>>
>stage 7 shows that there are literally dozens of fucking R-9s with battleships just dicking around doing nothing while they launch you to solo the enemy

Do they just send single fighters to exterminate bydo for fun? what the fuck
>>
File: r-type-25th.jpg (1.71 MB, 1416x1900)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB JPG
>R-Type Final is my favorite game
>just found out this released yesterday
Kinda nervous to boot it up, not gonna lie. I didn't like how the graphics looked in the trailers and I'm scared I'll be disappointed.
That being said the ships do look better than ever, fucking amazing even. Here goes nothing...
>>
>>19632089
It's a shooting game, and it should only focused only the player's fighter.
In reality the scale in TACTICS/II will probably be the case.
>>
>>19632089
It is kinda weird how rarely we get missions involving friendly r-craft or cap ships, even as background imagery.

Wasted potential not to have a stage that's a massive fleet battle in the background
>>
>>19631910
If you want a real shoutout, Radiant Silvergun's Gallop boss doesn't even try to hide that it's straight up an R-9C from R-Type 2. And it's not a half-assed reference, barring the occasional tweaks to make for a more satisfying fight Gallop is super autistically detailed in ways that scream hardcore arcade shmupper veneration.
>>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I DON'T WANNA BE BYDO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>19632106
Definitely not fit the R-Type theme or any other STG.
A lone fighter on a hopeless sudoku mission trying to save its home planet.
>>
>>19632183
Unless it's 3.
3 exudes big dick boss of this gym energy.
>>
>>19632173
What's it like to be a Bydo
>>
>>19632089
The other ships are in stand by for the tactics game.
>>
>>19632173
This sucks........i wanna go home......
>>
>>19603233
Does it have a theme song like R-Type Final?
>>
Has anyone figured out what governs which resources you get for each stage yet? I've completed 7-0 and 7-1 and unlocked 22 fighters so far but I've got 900 blue, 700 red and only 180 green resources. For some reason the other 2 give me between 50 and 120 each stage but green only seems to give me 11 per stage most of the time.
>>
>>19632288
Use translator
https://gamelifenote.com/rtype-final2-resource-point/
>>
I wonder if the grey one unlocks ending 7.4 at a later time.
>>
Apparently the Ebon Eye is also called "The Thought Singularity".

Make of that what you will.
>>
>>19632365
What does the grey one do currently? I've tried purple, orange and green (I failed at green though, got too late and couldn't play properly anymore).
>>
File: final2-6.0.gif (3.51 MB, 600x338)
3.51 MB
3.51 MB GIF
>>19632288
I need more Etherium, it seems to be the main limited resource.
Do score attack levels give resources?
>>
>>19632467
Route to Stage7.0 like the purple one.
>>
>>19632468
Stage 3 seems to be your best bet for it, I use score attack to play over and over and you start fully powered which makes it easy for me to shit on the entire stage with Eclipse and undocked force. You can slaughter the boss in two passes by dumping your force in the weakspot too.
>>
>>19632042
Yeah, I'm sorry but this game really doesn't feel like it's brought the series forward in any way, in story or lore. It just confirmed the Bydo persist after Final... which most people assumed, and that Tactics is canon.
Otherwise it just kind of feels like an less impactful package of ideas from Delta and Final.
Not saying the game itself is bad, I was just ready for crazier shit.
>>
>>19632522
Well look at it this way.
Granzella had no intention in making more R-Type games. They are making a shooting game due to demands.
Other than the game part they are not dumping resources into expending the lore nor the world.
Stages in Final 2 are re-imagination of those in previous games.
>>
>>19632522
Most people didn't actually assume Tactics was fully canon though. Or at least, that Tactics 2 was pseudo-canon at most. This game at least helps establish that they're both entirely canon.

There also might be some shit about Major from Leo being involved but dont quote me on that.
>>
File: final-ife.jpg (2.03 MB, 1920x1350)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
How are the art book and CD that came with the special editions?
>>
I'm looking at this game's Steam page and I have no idea how the DLC works…
>If you purchase R-Type Final 2 Stage Pass, all future content that is part of this pass will be accessible in-game once it is available.
Except there's no "stage pass" for purchasing, it's just included in the deluxe edition and the listed DLC only include artbook, soundtrack and DLC stage 1.
Also what's this thing about censored names?
>>19632582
>Or at least, that Tactics 2 was pseudo-canon at most.
Never played Tactics 2 as I got filtered by Tactics 1's Bydo campaign, iirc that was about an internal fight between human factions? Does that play a role in Final 2?
>>
>>19632594
I got the digital soundtrack and it sounds a bit too 'wide' in places (the centre channel is low in places). This might be a game thing, so the music is more in the 'sides' while game SFX are more central but for listening to it as music it's a bit uncomfortable.
It also came in uncompressed (wav) and the level was much lower than most commercial soundtrack releases which makes me think these haven't gone to be mastered yet.
>>
>>19622743
Where did you get this info?
>>
>Got to stage 5 recently
It's slow going but I will beat this game!
>>
>>19632183

what? Have you never played Thunderforce?
>>
>>19610274
Is that the guy that reveals himself as a Bydo after you beat him? Canonically the first contact.
>>
>>19632098
> R-Type Final is my favorite game
Really? besides the ships it's one of the weaker games in the series.
>>
>>19627948
I mean assuming the passwords aren't unique, they could get leaked out like cheat codes at some point considering they're locked away like the password ships in the R-Museum
>>
>パスワードもう発表された?
有志が発見した感謝
ストライダー
granzella

レディラヴ
loveandpeace
>>
File: IMG_7790.jpg (239 KB, 1000x1233)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>
>>19604460
Late response, but thankyou so much for this.
>>
>>19633709
Thank /shmupg/, may they rest in peace
>>
File: E0cFk-3UUAIkcXw.jpg (390 KB, 3840x2160)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
Current library stops at 54/99.
Maybe a big update coming up sometime later.
>>
7.0 feels like Dark Souls 3 for some reason.
>>
File: reflection bug.png (2.4 MB, 1920x1080)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB PNG
Anyone else getting some weird reflection bugs?
>>
>>19621164
Yea in Final's Final.A Route flat out throw off all the limiters after the Force pod blows and shatters your meter resulting even a Proto Wave Cannon (one loop) to charge up to 8 times and do one final FUCK YOU to the boss.

>>19632204
Let's see what Final said about it. Stage 6.1 is called "Beautiful Erasure" and the ending of that route has final words from the pilot.
"Familiar faces...
Familiar places...
But...
...Why?"

Then

"Are the sea birds the only ones happy to see me on this beautiful summer night?"

For all we can tell the pilot didn't even realize he was Bydoified as the residual sanity of the pilot remained.
>>
>>19604317
>an entire endless dimension of destroyed R-fighters
That was all me, sorry
>>
>literally copy-pasted the Museum descriptions from Final1
>sometimes even shortening them and missing paragraphs for no reason
That's so lame. I'm a bit disappointed here.
>>
File: fflat.jpg (12 KB, 311x172)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>
File: dobbys_oc.jpg (127 KB, 671x533)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>
I wonder, is there a bydo worshipping cult in the r-type universe? Could there be one?
>>
>>19634400
I don't think people have time for such thing after Satanic Rhapsody, maybe except those in the bio lab making more Bydo experiments.
>>
>>19634445
Yea I'm pretty sure anyone involved with the B-Series ships are cultists or fucking insane.
>>
File: ULUS10343_00030.png (1.7 MB, 1920x1080)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
Gommander was the result of wayward humans trying to develop a Bydo dildo-onnahole w/shitting dicknipples
Only the deepest lore here folks
>>
>>19632098
It's...a little disappointing. It doesn't have the cool wasteland post doomsday atmosphere that Final 1 had.
The ships look great though and you can put decals all over them which is fun. I bet you'll have fun with it though you might be mad at paying $40 when the much better Final 1 was $20.
>>
>>19634494
There are people speculating Final 2 is a simulator using the event memory bank from the Last Dance.
>>
>>19634498
That would be cool. I'd love some freaky twist that pushes the lore a little more. Like what if the memory bank was being assimilated by the Bydo in a reality where they've completely subsumed humanity?
>>
FINAL2 is just a bland side scrolling shooting game.
No wackiness.
No impact.
No head twisting shit.
No dynamic 3D camera angle shots.

Changes may be considered during the next 2 year of development but for now it is what a side scrolling shooter is supposed to be.
https://www.gamespark.jp/article/2021/05/03/108324.html.
>>
>>19634569
A broken link? Okay retard
>>
>>19634569
they spent all the money on the thumbs up, prease understand
>>
>>19634587
According to the article Kujo at least got the Delta and FINAL staff back for developing FINAL 2.
It is kind of sad for him mentioning nobody was willing to pick up the title during late IREM days.
There was also supposed to be a DARIUS remake involving TAITO, IREM, and KONAMI, but dropped due to the producers from all 3 companies moved on to somewhere else.
Kujo also hopes to do VR R-Type, R-Type TACTICS (1 and 2), Steambot Chronicle (1, and 2) remakes.
>>
>>19634625
I really hope the tactic games get remade. They need it, they are good just kind of slow.
>>
File: image350.png (417 KB, 547x300)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
>>19634625
Tactics with mouse support would be great
>VR R-Type
I wonder how that would work. There's VR SHMUPs like Xortex, XION, that give you 1:1 control of your ship in six degrees of freedom by making the ship your hand basically but that's more of a bullet hell sort of thing than R-Type's weird brand of medicine ball-assisted death gauntlet
I'm thinking R-Type would have to evolve to something a little more realistic and the rather involved demo-intro of Final 2 kinda feels like a teaser for that.
Everspace is probably the most arcadey VR-enabled space shooter right now
>>
>>19634730
VR R-TYPE with player turning into Bydo System in mid-game.
>>
>>19634625
>tactics remake
Can't wait to see the AI kill its allies with charged shots in HD.
>>
Looking through some of the lore of R-Type is fucking horrifying. What the fuck were the humans fighting that required them to create the Bydo in the first place?
>>
>>19634965
That's the good question now isn't it?
>>
>>19634965
>>19634982
It's apparently implied heavily by this game that the machine race/Other Civilization that would eventually accost humanity in the future in Operation: Bitter Chocolate is none other than future humanity just before engineering the Bydo, suggesting that the Bydo prompted mankind to engineer them in response to them.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (80 KB, 549x520)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>19617851
Is this referring to this guy?
>>
Are the password ships backer only or is there another password screen I can't find?
>>
>>19635555
You get prompted for a password at the museum when you click on a locked spot
>>
>>19634796
>>19634730
VR R-Type Bydo dating sim
>>
What's nuclear catastrophe?
>>
>>19635631
Dose Break (screen clear move once you reach 100% dose)
>>
File: 1620076821364.png (25 KB, 550x54)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>tfw there are 2 more R-Typer difficulties after R-Typer
>>
Albatross and Eclipse saved my behind
>>
>>19635668
tentacle force stronk
I went back to Andromelius though since they made those two look so ugly in this one see>>19633697
>>
>>19635656
JESUS H FUCKING CHRIST
>>
>>19635656
You need those for the Bydo Lab.
>>
The test tube canopy ships are cool but they're all stuck with the dumb hexagon force
>>
>>19635703
It used to be one of the best ones in Final1 between it's higher damage and the homing from the blue laser.
Don't tell me it's bad now.
>>
so, final 2 it's worth the 20 bucks or not?
>>
>>19635825
It's not a full game.
You need to wait for 2 years for the full package.
So the question is Do you want spend the 20 bucks now? or 20+ bucks after 2 years.
>>
File: Stage7.1.png (1.85 MB, 1282x728)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
>>19635108
>>
So...you guys this we should have the R-9A on the team and the Dob as a goalie?
>>
which ship was in r-type 3?
>>
>>19636085
R-9O Ragnarok
>>
File: D7CMeifV4AANfsv.jpg (165 KB, 1200x675)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>19636085
>>
File: 1528681658162.png (813 KB, 845x556)
813 KB
813 KB PNG
>>19636100
>Ship so broken that they had to split it up into two for Final
>Both are still fucking broken
>>
>>19636301
See, the Ragnarok is precisely why I can't take the darker aspects of the lore seriously, when the Ragnarok is one of the most onesided curbstomp big dick superships ever with its ability to just bukake all over the screen with all kinds of nonsense, and III being a game where you're just dragging your titanic R-dick across the Bydo's face, then doing it again in the second loop.

I mean seriously the final player input the game has you do might as well be summed up as "make the Bydo choke on your balls."
>>
>>19636334
You do know that even with the Ragnarok they still had a hard time with the Bydo, right? She ain't a cheap girl and not many can take her for a spin and live.
>>
File: Eoy9ak0UYAA_iwa.jpg (849 KB, 2560x1280)
849 KB
849 KB JPG
>>19636334
The Ragnarok (and R-Type 3) are kind of outliers in that regard though
>>
>>19636334
>III being a game where you're just dragging your titanic R-dick across the Bydo's face
yeah I don't think that was most peoples' experience with III
>>
>>19636334
An apt comparison of the Ragnarok would be Gunbuster. That motherfucker wrecked all kinds of shit but look at the cost in the end.
>>
>>19636334
The Ragnarok is just one of many ships, and each one of those ships can probably blow up a planet per full Wave Cannon shot due to throwing petatons around like they're going out of style. The Ragnarok is especially powerful even compared to many of those.

This does not change the fact that the Bydo are raping everyone's faces and no victory lasts.
>>
>>19635720
It's more a few of the level/boss topology makes me really wish I had something else (at least the more conventional force lasers) at certain times.
>>
>>19636334
>See, the Ragnarok is precisely why I can't take the darker aspects of the lore seriously
Most of the "darker aspects" of R-Type lore are just people making stuff up based on vague statements that they interpret as whatever would make the series the most grimdark. Like this, for instance:

>>19636811
>and each one of those ships can probably blow up a planet per full Wave Cannon shot due to throwing petatons around like they're going out of style
This doesn't actually happen anywhere. No R-fighter has ever blown up a planet with its Wave Cannon, or even claimed that it could in the background stuff. This is all hearsay based on the battleship in Final's Stage 3.0, in which the enemy list says it has a "Planet Buster Wave Cannon" as one of its parts. It's much larger than any R-fighter, takes a LONG time to charge, and even then its shot doesn't destroy a planet, since you're fighting it in an Earth city which is still partially intact afterwards.

People read that it's like a regular Wave Cannon except a hundred million times more powerful, and decided that meant every R-fighter could blow up planets, even though that never happens, and if it did happen it would render almost everything we see in the games irrelevant. Same with the Bydo being invincible and eating entire universes. It's the most grim, dark, extreme way to describe things, so it's what gets passed around.
>>
IIRC, isn't the wave cannon used not because of raw power (though it is powerful) but because it disrupts Bydo waveforms? Did I read that somewhere or just make it up in my brain?
>>
>>19637139
>IIRC, isn't the wave cannon used not because of raw power (though it is powerful) but because it disrupts Bydo waveforms? Did I read that somewhere or just make it up in my brain?
I'm pretty sure that's correct. The original R-Type manual said that the Bydo exist partially in another dimension so they can't be harmed by conventional weapons, but the Wave Cannon can harm them because it matches their biological waveform or something like that. I don't have the book with me right now, so I could be misremembering.
>>
>>19637023
>This doesn't actually happen anywhere. No R-fighter has ever blown up a planet with its Wave Cannon, or even claimed that it could in the background stuff.
According to that same background fluff, a planet-sized Gomander was fought and destroyed at some undetermined point. Moritz-G was literally a planet killer compact enough to fit on a sidewalk and you can kill that in a couple of seconds with a fully charged Wave shot. Bydo Lab also contradicts you directly:

>Planet Buster Wave Cannon(Main Gun): Main gun for giant warships. Basically the same as an R-9 Wave Cannon... Just 100 million times more powerful. At full charge it really can destroy a planet but charging takes time and movement after shooting is unpredictable.

Using the minimum energy required to destroy a planet, and dividing by 100,000,000 gives you 500 teratons for the R-9 Standard Wave Cannon. Which would still be far more than what's required to glass a planet's surface.

>Same with the Bydo being invincible and eating entire universes. It's the most grim, dark, extreme way to describe things, so it's what gets passed around
Except that all happens in the lore and I could back that up with a literal Google search, let alone pulling all the shit from all the games produced over actual decades.

If you despise R-type lore so goddamn much, don't come into the threads about it to bitch when people are discussing it. You sound like a whiny child at best, and the worst brand of autist at worst.
>>
>>19637023
The Bydo being able to corrupt universes is literally decades old lore. According to the official description of Anti-Space, it is an infinite alternate dimension CREATED by the Bydo, which doesn't appear to follow anything resembling the normal laws of reality. Which is because the Girdlocks determine what is and isn't reality within Anti Space.

Not long after their first appearance, the Bydo corrupted an entire region of subspace that was close to Earth (if such a term can be applied to an alternative dimension), transforming it into a huge cosmic 'forest' that appears to be used to breed new Bydo. It was also home to one of the Bydo leaders. Nomemayer exists in its personal pocket dimension (with the background even implying there are multiple instances of the entity at once) and converts anything that enters said dimension into more Bydo.

They also have Dimension 26 which is an unusual "gateway" universe that can re-enter other universes at desired locations and times; basically provides a multiverse and time warp (R-Type Final, 5th level). It's elaborated on in Command that Anti-Space is probably just a pocket of this, with each line in Anti Space being a point of Twisted Space where reality is utterly distorted and nothing can exists as well as possibly constituting alternate timelines. There are also a number of other small alternate universes (Which tend to be deeply weird 'actually-different-physical-laws' universes, not alternate histories) in R-Type that you fight though, but those tend to be destinations, not noted for being gateways like 26 and Anti-Space. The Graveyard of Trans-Dimensional Fighters in Final 2 even counts as one of these dimensions.

So yes, the Bydo DO convert universes and we're repeatedly shown this. Im not sure why youre acting like all the dark lore doesnt hsve a basis in the official material itself.
>>
the bydo have come a long way from the old man in his meat cave
>>
File: 29e.jpg (10 KB, 217x320)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
What's up with shmups and absolutely grimdark stories making me want to kill myself?
Fucking Genocyber or Texhnolyze are not as bleak as something you get in R-Type, Donpachi or Sinemora.
Is this because nobody fucking expects any story in a shmup and writers can go off the fucking rails?
>>
>>19637209
>Using the minimum energy required to destroy a planet, and dividing by 100,000,000 gives you 500 teratons for the R-9 Standard Wave Cannon. Which would still be far more than what's required to glass a planet's surface.
Which is obviously false, since these weapons were fired on the surface of planets without them doing what you say they do. You claim that your chosen "minimum" for it to destroy a planet, if reduced to 0.000001% of itself, would still be more than enough to cause planetary destruction, which is essentially claiming that the Wave Cannon is a billion times stronger than itself. Since we see R-fighters in areas such as forests, cities, space stations, asteroid belts, and PLANETS, and they fight without obliterating everything onscreen with every shot, there's clearly an alternative explanation

R-fighters aren't all planetbusters. Either this particular bit of versus logic is valid, or everything shown in every game is.

>Except that all happens in the lore
No it doesn't. There's a line in a promotional poster that says the Bydo can mess with human thoughts. People "interpret" this as saying that you instantly turn into a Bydo if you even think about them too hard. In the actual games, people are corrupted into Bydo when Bydo flesh absorbs them or collapses around them, and they fail to escape in time.

The Bydo don't instantly corrupt everything. Either this particular bit of versus logic is valid, or everything shown in every game is.

>If you despise R-type lore so goddamn much
R-Type lore is good. It's an actual compelling story of humanity fighting for survival against a monster of their own creation, and the tragic existence of monsters that don't realize what they are. One of the greatest things about it is that it isn't a a nonsensical, pointless battle over nothing against an invincible enemy who never loses and always beats everyone instantly.
>>
>>19637230
>According to the official description of Anti-Space, it is an infinite alternate dimension CREATED by the Bydo, which doesn't appear to follow anything resembling the normal laws of reality. Which is because the Girdlocks determine what is and isn't reality within Anti Space.
No.

According to Gridlock's official description, they generate and maintain a pocket dimension, which expands when they unite to reproduce. Nothing about it being infinite or about the Bydo being any kind of omnipotent inside it, only that they can adapt to exist there.

>So yes, the Bydo DO convert universes and we're repeatedly shown this.
No.

The Bydo EXIST IN universes. They can convert ecosystems and replace them with Bydo lifeforms. Sometimes they spread enough to overtake entire planets, until their core is destroyed and the planet goes back to normal. Sometimes they exist in pocket dimensions, until their core is destroyed and the dimension implodes.

That doesn't translate to "Bydo can eat the whole universe" or "Bydo can eat the laws of physics" or "Bydo always exist everywhere in time and space whenever they want" or any of the other nonsense tangents that have been spun around them.

>Im not sure why youre acting like all the dark lore doesnt hsve a basis in the official material itself.
The grimdark hype doesn't even resemble the R-Type that actually exists, let alone have any basis in it. If it did, then the story of every game could never have happened, and just about every form of Bydo we've seen would have no reason to exist.
>>
>>19637499
Your logic is shit and is pulling the same fallacies you claim others are.
>>
>>19637154
The crucial part of using wave cannon is to disrupt not only to harm the Bydo, but also to cancel out the side effect of the Bydo zone that corrupts anything within it.
It only have proven later that it gives minimum protection to the R-fighter and the pilot, keeping them intact during the course of the mission until their own force starts acting up.
>>
>>19637455
>>19637499
You're picking at shit to claim that you know this lore when really you're just pulling shit out your ass and making up actual headcanon to pretend that you have a leg to stand on. Please fuck off and stop posting here if you're going to continue being this fallacious.
>>
>>19637597
He's not even right about the lore as usual. Here's the actual description of the Gridlocks, which once more contradicts him.

>Creator and preserver of the other dimension. These 2 always stay a safe distance away. They unite for reproductive purposes. When they exchange information, they change physical states. During this change, this dimension expands within the cores. Ralma and Daris are by these two bodies.

No mention of Anti-Space being a "pocket dimension" here. That's something he LITERALLY pulled out of his was and is trying to pass off as canon because he assumes people haven't read the lore and his headcanon will fly here. From what I recall, he's attempted this before several times.
>>
File: 1259896150667.jpg (156 KB, 1024x877)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>19637427
SHMUPs are all basically suicide missions against overwhelming forces where you're piloting a vehicle significantly more powerful than your average vidya protagonist yet you're even more vulnerable due to the power level of the stuff you're facing.
It's a pretty good setup for grimdark, especially when the enemy are gargantuan biomechanical horrors
>>
>>19630954
>second of may
>it's actually the fourth
I wouldn't want to be you right now buddy.
>>
>>19637964
He didn't imply the thread would die on the 2nd, are you stupid
>>
I don't know what's with the fighter's speed levels on this one, but I'm not getting used and I can't dodge for shit on a gamepad. I'm finding more success after I switched to keyboard.
Also fuck the hanging rolly-pollies section on the fourth stage.
>>
>>19638197
That level is a joke with any of the seek and destroy type forces (rodless/tentacle)
>>
is the boss of 6.0 a bydo happy days?
>>
File: 20210501145459_1.jpg (451 KB, 1920x1080)
451 KB
451 KB JPG
>>19638268
7.0?
seems like it
>>
>>19638268
Yes. The wave cannon splits.
>>
>>19638294
the pilots HATE the test tube canopy
>>
do standard bullets feel more powerful now? I used to rely on the lasers with a docked force a lot, or charge shots but I'm finding I'm using normal shots and the force shooting much more in this one
>>
>>19638420
The obvious situations that call for vulcan and deploying the Force involve thinly spread out popcorn enemies, along with using the Force to attack enemies from around otherwise awkward level geometry that prevents you from the kind of horizontal alignment that favors wave cannon shots.

From my scattered experience across the series, vulcans have always been good, it's as much a relevant tool as every other attack option you have access to, and its relevance tends to be informed by the level layout. So really this is just a long winded way of suggesting maybe the levels put you in more situations where you want the Force decoupled and so get to experience more what that kind of gameplay is like?
>>
>>19638420
I actually also noticed an increase in raw power of the vulcan compared to the previous Final1.
>>
>>19638648
>The obvious situations that call for vulcan and deploying the Force involve thinly spread out popcorn enemies
This would be my traditional use of it, but I've found myself using it against large bydo and bosses as well
>>
>>19638699
Well shit, could be weird damage numbers, might want to keep an eye on that across patches if it gets tweaked at all.
>>
File: 1299623588323.jpg (243 KB, 900x1036)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>
How do I get to stage 7.1?
>>
They keep sending Gains mechs to fight the Bydo and these poor bastards keep getting bydofied. Just imagine some hot blooded protagonist going in to the war thinking they're going to win it all through guts, determination and will only to end up trying to kill your brothers in arms and you wont even know why.
>>
>>19638996
grab the orange orb in stage 5 iirc
>>
File: Superior Soldiers.gif (803 KB, 400x225)
803 KB
803 KB GIF
>>
>>19639023
Gains mechs are the disposable redshirts of humanity. They're where all the traditional anime protagonists get tossed as delaying action in the war against the Bydo.
>>
Wish it said what ship you're about to develop rather than coming soon
>>
>>19638895
>I heard u were talking shit
>>
>>19638725
not that anon - I also think the force lasers are ridiculously weak. Hammering for example the red Gains in 1.0 or the tanks in 3.0 with full red laser + ship vulcans is much slower than with ship + decoupled force vulcans, even if just one vulcan stream from the force hits.
Almost all weapons seem to do much less damage than any regular vulcan, when I'm pretty sure it never was like this in the earlier games.
>>
>>19638996
>>19639071
correct
top gem is .0, 2nd is .1, third is .2, bottom is .0 again and people speculate it will at some time get patched into a new .3 route
>>
>>19640331
wait, I forgot you only have the L2 rad laser when you get to Gains. I had L3 for the tanks though and it's still weaker than decoupled vulcans.
>>
>>19640336
I went to bottom and got 6.2 once, it could be randoming the selection
>>

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.