[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 13 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]


Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: 0069-020.jpg (630 KB, 1114x1600)
630 KB
630 KB JPG
>Arpeggio no blue steel

I don't understand why this show is not more discussed here.
It should have attract at least as much interest as Muvluv.

By the way, we now have the answer to what the Admiralty Code is and what it's meant for.
Rather expected in insight but that's how you know is planned ahead and not some last minute idea.
>>
>>19543221

I've only seen the anime, and haven't touched it since it aired. What is the admiralty code out of interest?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (877 KB, 2133x1537)
877 KB
877 KB JPG
>>19543233
>I've only seen the anime
Oh boy, that anime did more bad than good.

It completely remove the very smart political aspect
It completely remove all the plots beyond "carrying new weapon to america"
It remove 70% of the cast not directly useful
And it dumb down all the discussion about AI and sapience to "the power of LOVE!"
In short it removed 90% of what made the manga interesting without getting an upgrade on the visual side because its art is too good for 3DCG.

I think I'm gonna be posting good page of the manga then.

>admiralty code
Essentially, see pic then:
The entire Earth is a simulation from this Higher being to find some answer
The admiralty code is a subsystem to manage it but the creation of mental model is an accident.
My own take on what it will lead to is that Ekon is actually trying to create another being like himself
>>
File: Spoiler Image (486 KB, 1111x1600)
486 KB
486 KB JPG
>>19543304
Might as well post the second part of the spoiler, then I'll be posting chronologically.
>>
File: 0001-038.jpg (392 KB, 1129x1600)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>>
File: 0001-039.jpg (434 KB, 1130x1600)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
>>
File: 0002-021.jpg (266 KB, 1130x1600)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>
File: 0003-004.jpg (315 KB, 1130x1600)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
>>
File: 0004-024.jpg (276 KB, 1130x1600)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>
File: 0005-014.jpg (416 KB, 1130x1600)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
>>
File: 0006-015.jpg (1.17 MB, 2277x1600)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>
File: 0006-016.jpg (442 KB, 1132x1600)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>
>>19543221
Is it finished? I have an interest an this title, but I hate reading unfinished manga.
>>
File: 0007-004.jpg (518 KB, 1132x1600)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
>>
File: 0007-005.jpg (395 KB, 1132x1600)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
>>
File: 0007-010.jpg (466 KB, 1132x1600)
466 KB
466 KB JPG
>>
File: 0007-020.jpg (288 KB, 1132x1600)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>
File: 0008-016.jpg (1.06 MB, 2270x1600)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>
File: 0009-002.jpg (414 KB, 1132x1600)
414 KB
414 KB JPG
>>
File: 0010-003.jpg (381 KB, 1132x1600)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>
File: 0011-013.jpg (412 KB, 1132x1600)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>>
File: 0011-025.jpg (454 KB, 1132x1600)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
>>
File: 0012-013.jpg (369 KB, 1130x1600)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
>>
File: 0012-029.jpg (472 KB, 1130x1600)
472 KB
472 KB JPG
>>
File: 0014-017.jpg (476 KB, 1130x1600)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
>>
File: 0016-028.jpg (461 KB, 1130x1600)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
>>
File: 0018-029.jpg (442 KB, 1131x1600)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>
File: 0019-003.jpg (395 KB, 1131x1600)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
>>
File: 0020-017.jpg (411 KB, 1131x1600)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>>
File: 0020-028.jpg (446 KB, 1131x1600)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
>>
File: Spoiler Image (425 KB, 1131x1600)
425 KB
425 KB JPG
>>
File: Spoiler Image (605 KB, 1131x1600)
605 KB
605 KB JPG
>>
File: 0022-019.jpg (348 KB, 1131x1600)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
>>
File: 0023-016.jpg (459 KB, 1131x1600)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>>
File: 0024-025.jpg (363 KB, 1131x1600)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>
File: 0024-029.jpg (525 KB, 1131x1600)
525 KB
525 KB JPG
>>
File: 0024-034.jpg (334 KB, 1120x1600)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
She is not the main character
>>
File: 0025-015.jpg (354 KB, 1042x1514)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
>>
File: 0027-008.jpg (353 KB, 1070x1528)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
>>
File: 0030-002.jpg (527 KB, 1116x1600)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
>>
File: 0030-005.jpg (336 KB, 1118x1600)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
She's rather small in size, so technically you have to look down.
Plus, a submarine would be underwater, why shouldn't she look down?
>>
File: 0030-020.jpg (996 KB, 2253x1600)
996 KB
996 KB JPG
>>
File: 0031-021.jpg (394 KB, 1131x1600)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
As if they could.
They actually succeed
at killing dummy made of the convenient nanomaterial
>>
File: 0032-015.jpg (399 KB, 1132x1600)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
>>
File: 0034-010.jpg (1011 KB, 2275x1600)
1011 KB
1011 KB JPG
>>
File: 0034-011.jpg (447 KB, 1111x1600)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
>>
File: 0035-020.jpg (276 KB, 1102x1600)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>
File: 0036-026.jpg (343 KB, 1106x1600)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>
File: 0039-027.jpg (492 KB, 1120x1600)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
>>
File: 0042-004.jpg (424 KB, 1106x1600)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
>>
File: 0042-013.jpg (360 KB, 1106x1600)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
>>
File: Spoiler Image (417 KB, 1109x1600)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
>>
File: Spoiler Image (941 KB, 2233x1600)
941 KB
941 KB JPG
>>
File: 0047-007.jpg (519 KB, 1108x1600)
519 KB
519 KB JPG
>>
File: 0048-010.jpg (771 KB, 1400x2029)
771 KB
771 KB JPG
>>
File: 0048-018.jpg (622 KB, 1400x2029)
622 KB
622 KB JPG
Those two take a long time before appearing but they are clearly going to be peak comedy.
>>
File: 0051-012.jpg (769 KB, 1405x2037)
769 KB
769 KB JPG
>>
File: 0058-014.jpg (577 KB, 1114x1600)
577 KB
577 KB JPG
And the last dump from me.
In retrospect I should have saved more of the pic about the political part.
>>
>>19543341
I'm afraid it's unfinished.
But it have a lot of content, it don't feel like it's slogging on subquest, you always learn something interesting that answer previous mystery. Like what happened in Facility 4.
It also reached a very important threshold where you get an answer to the whole Admiralty Code...

It actually answered more than the new mystery it created.
>>
>>19543304
>Oh boy, that anime did more bad than good.
I dunno man, for whatever fucking reason, Ark Performance didn't grok the idea that they could just let the Blue Steel crew deliver the fucking torpedo to America and run into the majority of the plot shit on the way BACK.

It's been like a decade and the manga STILL hasn't gotten the fucking torpedo there.
>>
Mysterious Battleship X is my new waifu.
>>
File: 0124-014.jpg (415 KB, 1111x1600)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
>>19543544
If you read the manga, then you know even the 401 would have trouble reaching there.
I believe there's a good reason plotwise to not reach America first that torpedo is using supertech that could make it a macguffin later.

No reason to see that as a bad things.
Imagine the alternative
>Blue steel is just an armed delivery fleet while the plot stay on stand-buy until they come back
versus what we have now
>political intrigue that shatter the very foundation of the setting, potentially leading to the entire Japan Fleet of the Fog versus a new independent Fleet of the Fog

Just look at that pic.
I suspect we'll discovers that America also have multiple Fog fleet using politic and it will turn into the promised giant war.
>>
>>19543623
As someone who's sat through too much bullshit that thinks a single step on the path to victory = an auto-win button, that's total bullshit.

Getting to America and handing it off to someone who ships it into the heartland for manufacturing wouldn't prevent the other dozen or so characters from learning what they do to advance the plot.
>>
File: 0006-029.jpg (291 KB, 1132x1600)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>19543768
I don't think we are the same wavelength.
The job is supposed to be hard, even for a Fog ships speed make submarine detectable
It also mean writing as much about America's political situation
And we don't know how the vibration warhead will be used. It's not an immediate and definite auto-win, they insisted on that.
As pseudoscience maybe it's purpose will change entirely if some rogue Fog turn it into a much better weapon..

>wouldn't prevent the other dozen or so characters from learning what they do to advance the plot.
Please tell me where you would insert this back and forth, because to me it would change most of the plot
After Iwo-Jima? The grand battle? Does the captain get captured and the mechanic brought back in Japan?
Does they meet the Hakugei? What about having human ship deliver it?
>>
>>19543304
Don't forget the awful film that utterly butchered any chance if a revival of the series in the animated format.
That was honestly the worst piece of shit I have seen, and also managed to butcher the cannon established in the series (I4xx model subs can't generate mental models so Iona is actually Yamato's backup, despite two other I4xx subs shown in the series having their own mental models with a capacity similar to Iona) and the fucking atrocious giant drill fights and melee ships. Or the pacing that was all out of sync and plot that made no sense half the time.
Fuck, the anime was bad and the film worse.
>>
File: 1606032080434.png (2.6 MB, 1750x3074)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB PNG
>>19544169
I don't even remember the film.
The Anime was doomed from the start. If it don't follow exactly the manga the plot fall apart because plenty of events are intertwined and it's too long even with 26+ episodes I think they would barely barely reach Kongo's fight and leave the aftermath for season 2.
As for the art, the level is high, even with CGI they won't save enough money on ships to make good mental model.

We've seen how other series deal with long manga, they butcher them most of the time.
>>
>>19543995
>Does they meet the Hakugei? What about having human ship deliver it?
DESU, I really don't get why they didn't do that. It'd be a really good way to throw the Fog off the trail.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (364 KB, 1114x1600)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>>19544418
Just to be clear,
You are a different anon who didn't read the manga or follow the quote chain?

Because that's exactly what they do in the manga, they even make sure to meet several time to make it look like the it could be in either ship.
>>
>>19544461
>You are a different anon who didn't read the manga or follow the quote chain?
Yup.
>>
>>19544466
I beg you to read the manga then, because it's night and day when you see everything they purged to fit in the anime.
Plus as was said in OP, we've got a lot of mystery answered so even if it's not complete you'll have a lot of fun.

Actually it's still fun to reread again.
>>
>>19543304
>>19543305

Is that a recent reveal, out of interest? Cause I imagine it'd harm my enjoyment of the manga if I was reading it. Anytime you expand the setting that far then you kind of have to move the plot out to match it, or the reveal feels kind of wasted. And, while I haven't read the manga, I cannot imagine a story that is ostensibly about ocean going vessels and how nations struggle to deal with them just around the ocean is going to suddenly shift to being about space faring vessels and seemingly god like beings. Or even just life outside the simulation, since apparently everything is part of the simulation. At which point, why introduce a plot device that basically dwarfs everything else in scale and import?

I'll probably still read it at some point, but I can't say that reveal really fires my imagination or fills me with excitement to be honest.
>>
>>19544533
Yeah, it'd be nice to send a memo to everyone who thinks "it was all a simulation!" is a clever twist that it just makes literally everything in the story meaningless.
>>
File: 0081-020.jpg (539 KB, 1111x1600)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>19544533
I see where you are going with that one, "is it a cheap way to end a bad plot?"
Remember I'm not giving the full picture, and it was a spoiler.
It's clearly just the MIDDLE of the story and it will certainly remain a story of nations fighting naval themed war for their survival and inside the simulation, because my personal take is that going out would mean solving what this simulation was made for

Consider the major themes:
- AIs super-weapon with the arbitrary order to "drive mankind away from the seas"
- The AIs became sapient and have trouble understanding it (they didn't know what 'enemy' even meant, to them it was just set of instruction)
- The world have suffered so much, some nations are already at war with each other

Now both part of the reveal:
- It's a simulation with the stated purpose of understanding the driving force at the origin of sapience
- Someone set this up to encourage conflict in every form

It fit the themes of questioning sapience, fighting for it and explain the obvious setup for a war.
If there was a better ways to explain the setting, I would like to know it.

(for the aesthetic of WWII warship + funky girls, for now it remain artistic license)

>>19544610
>it was all a simulation!
>meaningless
That's like saying Matrix was meaningless the moment you learn it's a simulation.
IMO it simply mean using the right concept for the right setting.

Remember the silly part of Matrix where they say they use the human as energy source? It was the producer wanting to "dumb it down".
The original (and right) concept was that human brains were used as sub-processors, more cost-efficient than metal ones. It also ended the war without "killing the humans".
>>
>>19544169
>>19544307
Only things I loved about the film were the character songs.

Both of Kongou's tunes were great.
>>
>>19545419

> I see where you are going with that one, "is it a cheap way to end a bad plot?"

If that's where you think my point was pointing, then no you don't. My point was in my post, and I meant nothing more than what I wrote. I don't think it's a good idea to expand the scope of the setting so much when you have no intent on using it in any meaningful sense i.e. having the cast explore that new space, having conflicts take place on that scale and so on. If I was to continue your Matrix analogy, it'd be like if the Matrix was revealed to be about about the cast inside a simulation, with a real world where robots and humans are in conflict and human bodies are used in whatever way you want, but it's only ever alluded to and we never have any of the story take place in the real world; just inside what we now know to be a simulation. What's the point of making reality a simulation and revealing that there's something outside our reality that is manipulating it if you're not going to actually explore that external reality beyond going "well there's a thing there that wants an answer". Which I have to assume is what will happen, because doing otherwise means completely changing the plot, aesthetic etc. of the story after it's been established for years? It'd mean making the whole premise of "ships on the ocean fucking things up and a submarine that fights them" a non-starter, since you'd now be looking at a story about war in space between super advanced species who can make entire planets and realities that are seamless from what we know.
>>
It doesn't matter whether that's the middle or end of the story, what the themes of the story are and I don't even think it matters whether the story wraps up in what you think is a good or bad way, because my argument (and my perspective on this as a whole) is that using that kind of "reality is a simulation" plot undermines everything else if you don't expand the scope of the story to match your twist. As for how else I'd do it, that's not on me to answer, because I'm not the author. If there is no other way around it beyond that because of your setup, then you made a mistake choosing that setup in my opinion. Which the mangaka must have had time to change, because he hardly only decided this years into writing the manga and presumably had at least some idea of it before it ever started publishing.
>>
>>19543304
I tried watching the anime and it just felt like some huge chunk of information was missing.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (474 KB, 1111x1600)
474 KB
474 KB JPG
>>19547630
My bad, (your block of text is tiring on my eyes)
I'm doing my best to explain a spoiler that require a global view, not just "X is the super-villain who created AI to take over the world".

>expanding scope
IMO it didn't expand, you just have a name for an IMPERFECT godlike entity to blame now.
The world's sea are still full of AI who were on "wait mode"
The AI becoming sapient and funky was an accident
The reveal trigger a change from the previous status quo, now the funky AI have a new order
The reveal also make ALL OF MANKIND aware of it

The scope is still mankind looking for answer/power (through naval warfare).

>What's the point of making reality a simulation and revealing that there's something outside our reality that is manipulating it if you're not going to actually explore that external reality
There's other stories who don't you know?
Take Matrix, the stand-alone unfortunately first movie only showed glimpse of the outside to contextualize the inside of the simulation. It's ending is about Neo getting ahold of the very code of the matrix.
It didn't (need to) portray a physical resolution of the war outside the simulation because taking control of the simulation is enough to imply it.

>you'd now be looking at a story about war in space between super advanced species who can make entire planets and realities that are seamless from what we know.
You don't need to speculate that far, you can fit this plot in a single Matrioshka brain managed by a single hivemind.
If you want my speculation concluding the war and achieving world peace, more cliché fighting/warping/befriending the Admiralty Code itself, breaking the system from inside, or discovering the objective of the simulation was not what you thought it was.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (403 KB, 1114x1582)
403 KB
403 KB JPG
>>19547633
As said above, I don't consider the scope really changed. Nor does it undermine anything.
Plenty of story are happy to leave it as:
"The hero beat evils and restored peace, therefore it's good"
We do not ask to see the god, or gods plural getting a definitive victory. Hell there's story of Good god and Evil god having to cooperate against something even stranger than them.

In our case this setting begged for a technological explanation to funky AI warships. Now we have one, and it STILL make you wonder how mankind will react to it.
>>
>>19547822

> There's other stories who don't you know?

I'm aware. So what though? Their existence doesn't change the core complaint, especially since I would have thought having this complaint in the first place would imply that I don't like how it's affected other stories in the first place. I disagree with you on your Matrix example by the way, since even just limiting it to the first movie it's an important part of the plot that people can leave and re-enter the Matrix at will to fight forces external to what is now revealed to be a simulation. The movie does not have Neo taking out the entire machine hegemony, but he has certainly shown the capacity to leave it and the cast have all addressed the desire to fight the external forces. The movie also ends in a way that implies there would be sequels. There might not have been had it been a flop, but there was obviously a desire for them and ample ground to cover in them should they be greenlit.

While it is certainly possible that the entity in question is confined to a single system or something, I highly doubt it given the panels in >>19543304. It certainly suggests that Ekon is capable of traversing much larger distances. It also kind of doesn't matter, because that being can demonstrably create a simulated reality while monitoring it, and that's the important part. Something that completely alters the scope and scale of the setting, though it seems unlikely the plot will expand to match it. Which, yeah, it absolutely could work out. I don't think it's likely though. Still, I enjoyed the anime as much as you've disparaged it, so I'll probably check it out at some point regardless. A weaker ending doesn't mean that the manga has nothing to offer.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (471 KB, 1111x1600)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
>>19547857
Sorry for leading you in error, it seem there's misunderstandings.
I did warn about the big picture.
- The girl you see is not Ekon, but the Admiralty code, another level of AI who created the battleship AI
- The sight you see is inside the simulation, any space travel seen may thus be a fancy code tweak and illusion to make a point

We are reaching the point where you'll need to read it yourself to be sure I didn't forget critical spoiler to share.
- like that they seem to have restarted the simulation 5 times,
- to me the simulation is definitely centered around Earth alone,
- to me nothing suggest Ekon is doing this simulation to send them warring against another species, in or out the simulation


Go ahead if you have more questions (keeping the thread alive) but it's probably best I don't go full spoiler next time.

>Matrix thread
>The movie does not have Neo taking out the entire machine hegemony, but he has certainly shown the capacity to leave it and the cast have all addressed the desire to fight the external forces.
That's the point. He demonstrated an human being can override the Matrix. This is enough in itself.

>The movie also ends in a way that implies there would be sequels.
You and I are now mortal enemy, it shall only end with the death of one of us.
I disagree based on what I've read from the authors, the brothers/sisters, it was definitely meant as a stand alone, the rest was opportunistic cash-grab.

I hope we can agree not all story with open question left are not bait from the author for a sequel (I blame the industry shitty practices), else I'd prefer we just leave it as that.
>>
Yeah, jumping to big space war/the universe is a simulation from naval warfare involving NANOMACHINES, SON warships is a weird escalation in scope and scale.

I really don't get why you'd do that, aside from being pretentious/trying to make video game crossovers work. Like, I'm not sure there's ever been such a weird jump in scale/scope in other stuff, because they usually stay in the same ballpark as when they start.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (135 KB, 392x315)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
When I saw mention of "Reset" I figured it was just resurface and reset the biosphere to a saved point before restarting from there. Think SCP-2000. Since I got a feeling there's a LOT more Nanomaterial on Earth than anyone thinks and since it's programmable matter who says a "Reset" is telling the Nanomaterial to de-initialize and enter a waiting state until the scenario's remade and everything goes to the waiting state including all life on the planet.
After all the Admiralty Code did say the Fog don't know what Nanomaterial really is.

But really the new order just revealed is from Vampire of all people (who's now the one who's probably the smarter of the Repulse-Vampire pairing)
"The Codes instructions were as follows... To show it possibilities."

So Really all of everything since Yamato sent the order for the big ships to activate their mental models was pretty much her using a hail mary gambit to try and get around the vague orders of the Admiralty Code. It worked. The Admiralty Code now considers the Fog to be a separate independent species which means the Code no longer has control

This does mean a few things
1) "What do we do now?" since really most of them were just doing patrols around because well it's orders
2) Scarlet Fleet's bluff has been called they don't have the Admiralty Code And they're kinda busy dealing with a mutual backstab of Musashi and Bismark
3) There's nothing keeping them in the patrol boxes outside their own desires

And some random updates
Kirishima Hull fully rebuilt.
Kirishima is no longer a bear
Haruna Hull being rebuilt.
Ise still is fucking useless.
Repulse is mostly useless.
Vampire has a nanomaterial pet pic related
>>
File: Spoiler Image (379 KB, 1114x1582)
379 KB
379 KB JPG
>>19548035
Anon, the manga DON'T go into space. It was a misunderstanding from other anon.
The simulation part only set up a much needed framework for those magic-level AI battleship.

>>19548194
>(who's now the one who's probably the smarter of the Repulse-Vampire pairing)
I can't wait to see what they do with that duo aboard/near the Hakugei
Also I wonder if there will be consequences of her borrowing processing time from Yamato.

>Scarlet Fleet's bluff has been called they don't have the Admiralty Code
Have you noticed there's was 2 dolls and Lord Archer look suspiciously similar to the Admiralty Code? It's unlikely she's the only one.
There's also the broken stele seen in "the silver forest", I didn't check if its symbol appeared somewhere else.

>Repulse is mostly useless.
You forgot a few more adjective, but she just launched a Fog ICBM that may have saved more than the Hakugei give her a break.
>>
>>19547967

> to me nothing suggest Ekon is doing this simulation to send them warring against another species, in or out the simulation

I was not suggesting that Ekon was trying to lead them to war with another species; I was suggesting that if the simulation is something created by an outside species who is using AI to control the lives of people inside it in pursuit of his own selfish ends that the people inside the simulation would be in conflict with the being who created it outside the simulation should they escape it.

> That's the point. He demonstrated an human being can override the Matrix. This is enough in itself.

I think you're missing me again. Whether or not Neo can control the Matrix is immaterial to the fact that once the scope and scale of the setting is revealed to Neo, that the conflict stops being about anything inside the Matrix itself, beyond as a place to fight, and moves to combating forces outside the Matrix, to confronting issues outside the Matrix. A lot of the movie's stakes are about that external reality in one form or another, not confined to issues inside the simulated reality of the Matrix.

> it was definitely meant as a stand alone

I do not know what they have said, but the film ending with Neo saying that people will fight back against the Machines absolutely implies there could be more, and that it's being left open for that opportunity. That is not the same as open ending per se, since an open ending doesn't mean "the conflict isn't resolved", just "not everything is resolved and the setting could continue after that point".
>>
File: Spoiler Image (145 KB, 591x325)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>19548844
Yea I always considered Lord Archer to Be the same as the Siren maybe she didn't sleep like Siren did Although with Vampire she did just pretty much go and tell the Hakugei's crew who's Yamato's second mental model was pretty casually.

But with Repulse I mean I can't keep up with the endlessly expanding titles Vampire gives her. Also I'm pretty sure Yamato helped with that missile strike since when Vampire was guiding in the reentry vehicle and giving it the klein field there's no way in hell she could have given it a strong enough field to tank all the fire it took and Mutsu's warship scaled beam saber I mean she's got help but that's a lot more than just supporting her enough to run a mental model. Also she had her sigil change to Yamato's during terminal guidance through the impact into Mutsu
>>
>>19549951
I'll posit that "the end justify the means" mean it's possible the simulated forgive the simulator.
Imagine a transcendence type ending for example.
Alternatively, suppose that the simulation is meant to filter/prevent the warmonger from getting out, while still allowing people who can fight but only if needed.
Maybe we will even learn that every single person who died was kept as a savefile. That's what such a setting allow.

I DO AGREE that right now Ekon can only be seen as a bastard as his plans led directly to a lot of death/suffering. but I have a few idea to justify it being unavoidable.

>once the scope and scale of the setting is revealed to Neo, that the conflict stops being about anything inside the Matrix itself
Because of the trivia I told you (about "human battery") I'm forced to concede a little.
But under the original idea (where the human are used as "sub processor") an human being able to OVERRIDE the "oh so invincible machine" would definitely imply the ability to take control from the inside.
Its also obviously a "spiritual growth" end for Neo.

In any case we have plenty of story that do not require sequels after sequels after sequels until the Author of the multiverse-god who created the regular gods get slapped in the face for leading to the original event of the MC killing a villain to avenge his family.

>Open ending
FYI, to me it mean
- we are not told what happen next
- we are told enough to know what could be possible from now.
- but NO SEQUEL or it ruin the feeling such ending is meant to bring

So no Matrix wasn't at a crossroad anymore. We knew what he was going to do. There was still no reason for a sequel outside milking it for money.
>>
File: 0119-029.jpg (508 KB, 1111x1600)
508 KB
508 KB JPG
>>19550195
AIs accidentally revealing critical data without caring is bound to happen a lot more now that their order changed.

About the ICBM, Field strength is NOT linked to processing power. It was explained as only a matter of size and nanomaterial mass.
The plan was extremely simple, it didn't ask to hack, nor decode. It's nothing you wouldn't expect from a destroyer firing missiles.
Vampire was in control only because she was the closest with a direct sight on the target.
If she needed extra computing power, Repulse could provide enough to make the event believable.
So if Yamato helped it's more that Vampire would have never been able to follow silently Hakugei and outsmart the useless, slow, indecisive and incredibly needy Repulse without it.

That card can be played it there's a reason to become suspicious of Yamato action.

For the sigil, it is interesting indeed.
Did it CHANGE? Or does it show who is really in control of Vampire? Does she count as a lifeform in the eyes of Admiralty Code?

Suddenly I realize the correlation between
>Vampire
>sucking off the processing power of Yamato to exist
I really hope it was on purpose.
>>
>>19551048

> I'm forced to concede a little

I don't view this as an argument with a winner or loser, so I'm not sure I like what that implies. I'm not trying to convert you to a position; only to explain my own thought process on why I dislike that revelation. At least in concept, since as I said, I've only seen the animation (not even the movie), and am only speaking from a fairly generalized position. I might entirely disagree when I do get around to reading it, since while I think that revelation is kind of weak there's enough else in your posts and images from the manga that I like or find intriguing that I do intend to read it at some point. As is though, I think it's a weird direction to take the story, because it can't really address the new revelations in any meaningful way without massively changing the basic structure of the story. Which I doubt is going to happen.
>>
File: 0091-030.jpg (412 KB, 1111x1600)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>>19551395
...I'm not seeing that as an competition either. Really.
but when you defend a point (about the Matrix thing) that is difficult to defend because Hollywood made it "not-canon", it's normal to concede someone else points become valid making human into battery is stupid evil, using them as coprocessor while giving them a simulated life can argued as a cold yet effective solution.

To get back to Arpeggio, I do think something was lost in me trying to explain a big spoiler.
I just hope when you read it you'll think "Now I'll understand what anon meant" instead of "All that talk and anon couldn't explain that?!".

Plus, if you don't read the manga you can't join the Takao club.
>>
>>19551461

I don't really see how making someone a battery rather than coprocessor is any more or less evil if they're unaware of what's happening and living in a simulated reality either way. Or why you're spoiling this, for that matter.
>>
>>19551470
I've gone kind of crazy with the spoiler so I use it to put aside something that's still out of topic.
I could argue for the less evil part. One imply they were just seen as plain resources who need stimulus to generate energy. The other mean they could go around that but are either trying to keep mankind alive out of uncaring benevolence, or it's a "paperclip maximizer" situation.
Of course if the machine can't disobey "that strange order" anyway, you can't apply good or evil anymore.
>>
File: 1606029741014.png (2.7 MB, 1778x2000)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB PNG
>>
No matter what the case the Fog have fashion sense superior to the various other ShipGirl related series.
>>
File: 1606031428347.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>19553991
This is peak efficiency for you

even on that the manga is far better thought
>>
File: 0072-006.jpg (736 KB, 1114x1600)
736 KB
736 KB JPG
>>19554176
Always dressed for the part
>>
File: newkongo.png (296 KB, 592x748)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>19554176
Her casual look she picked up in Manga later on even looks good
>>
File: kongo-akagi.png (199 KB, 645x385)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>>19554185
Although still not sure what the deal with Akagi and her giant robot centipedes are though.
>>
File: 0065-017.jpg (2.08 MB, 2166x1600)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB JPG
>Lexington Fog best university

You know, even if many mental model are meant to be variation of each other, there's a lot of Hime-cut

>>19554192
Beat me, symbolism or not it look very cool and remind you they are machines.
>>
File: 0092-003.jpg (2.22 MB, 2223x1600)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB JPG
Gotta love the scene composition
>>
File: gone fishin.png (465 KB, 689x1048)
465 KB
465 KB PNG
>>19554253
Also I do love that this is like the only Shipgirl related series which just throws away the stupid CARDIV 1 vs CARDIV 5 retardation.

Also this image just is wonderful for mundane surreality.
>>
File: 0117-005.jpg (534 KB, 1111x1600)
534 KB
534 KB JPG
Speaking of superior Fog fashion
It's hilarious how this loyal samurai antic fit wonderfully a race more extreme than a warrior race.

>>19554263
>CARDIV 1 vs CARDIV 5 retardation
I don't know what you are talking about, I ignore every other "ship girl" where it's girl wearing ship part.

>mundane surreality
Now I'll be fishing for that in my folder
>>
File: MUTSU.png (536 KB, 679x1048)
536 KB
536 KB PNG
>>19554289
With them they can't get past the entire WW2 historical rivalry between carrier groups (It got a bit heated).

Also Mutsu carries on her own style compared to Nagato far less difference between mental model designs but showing a more specialized combat prowess
>>
File: 0060-001.jpg (661 KB, 1114x1600)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
>>
File: Spoiler Image (283 KB, 680x598)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
>>19551111
Did it change?
Pic related.
>>
File: 0081-030.jpg (714 KB, 1111x1600)
714 KB
714 KB JPG
>>19554305
Sorry I was being too literal, yes it change, I was wondering if it mean extra computing power (as she already need it for the mental model) or did Yamato took control as another part of another bitchy trick
>>
File: 0101-030.jpg (529 KB, 1113x1600)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
>>
File: 123.jpg (2.28 MB, 2186x1550)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB JPG
>>19554320
Ahh like the "Instant Counterhack" of that Destroyer

Also Kirishima looked to have her manga outfit pretty late in the anime production
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.94 MB, 2231x1600)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
Casual surealism, beware cruiser-class spoiler All the best to you


>>19554338
Yes, that's what I was thinking about.
Thinking more about it Yamato have the key to override ship in her fleet, but Vampire is NOT a subordinate as I understand it, so that could be a way to spy on other fleet as well.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.01 MB, 2229x1600)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>19554349
>>
File: Spoiler Image (560 KB, 1111x1600)
560 KB
560 KB JPG
>>19554352
>>
File: 0054.5-009.jpg (402 KB, 1104x1584)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
Casual surrealism
She totally wound up as a girl who talks to herself all the time
>>
>>19554349
>>19554352
>>19554356
Makes sense and yea every time you see the hulls split open in unexpected ways like that is surreal and 'impossible' but it's just what they do.
It's really easy to forget that their traditional hull shapes really are there just to be polite. Like Nagato lifting her turrets off to have them dock to create a 3x2 wide beam cannon barrage.
>>
File: 0120-002.jpg (661 KB, 1111x1600)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
>>19554419
>Like Nagato lifting her turrets off to have them dock to create a 3x2 wide beam cannon barrage.
Or using some kind of battleship sized energy blade like Katana
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.12 MB, 1421x1039)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>19554565
Honestly didn't expect it but didn't think it was too out of left field considering how many other beam weapons they have
>>
File: Spoiler Image (583 KB, 1108x1600)
583 KB
583 KB JPG
I can't say I like much their SUPERHEAVY weapons. Feel a little over the top. Some of the visual are ok, other are not.
>>
>>19554583
Yea the Biggest Big Fucking Gun I think they needed to destroy since they even noted that it's just too powerful. Got nice and exploded at the end to allow for a nice climactic shot in it's final moments though.
>>
File: 0111-006.jpg (530 KB, 1111x1600)
530 KB
530 KB JPG
Speaking of weapon, I'm amazed they found an excuse to fire traditional cannon shell.
>>
File: 0111-002.jpg (665 KB, 1111x1600)
665 KB
665 KB JPG
>>19554591
>>
File: 0055-025.jpg (356 KB, 1114x1600)
356 KB
356 KB JPG
>>19554590
>Got nice and exploded at the end to allow for a nice climactic shot in it's final moments though.
A really nice one yes.
I was kinda worried they would lug around those logistic ships all time.

What I really want is to see more of the Hakugei, especially since it's clearly a carrier ship.
I'd love to see the futuristic design boosted with Fog technology, that option would be on the table now
>>
>>19554591
Does make sense since they were doing support gunfire and while their beam cannons are nice they're kinda bad as splash damage
>>
File: Spoiler Image (504 KB, 1111x1600)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
This thread will likely die once I'm not looking so here's a last picture.
It display a 1000 IQ battle between 4 battleships with a masterful reversal just as the Atago had been captured.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (437 KB, 679x1048)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
>>19555834
You've found a field full of nano material and could make ANYTHING Haruna makes a BFGKirishima has different priorities

Still getting used to her current form DESU
>>
>>19555834
Speaking of Takao, I liked the fact she inherited Iona's room, the same one where Iona learned to like/love Gunzou Jr.
>>
Fun, dumb fact: apparently, seaQuest DSV actually manages to outperform Fleet of Fog units in some metrics, like speed, despite not being made out of nanomaterials and having all sorts of absurd bullshit energy/gravity manipulation tech.

It'd almost be worth it to see someone do a fanfic of that sort of scenario.
>>
File: file.png (3.54 MB, 1920x998)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB PNG
>>19557983
>seaQuest DSV
>1993
Oh god. That's old! I've only seen a picture of it once. I barely remember knowing it was a submarine.

>It'd almost be worth it to see someone do a fanfic of that sort of scenario.
Ok
the DSV outsmart and escape the fog for a while then inevitably get destroyed by superior technology.
17 years later the normal plot happen with the crew surviving children.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (618 KB, 1114x1600)
618 KB
618 KB JPG
>>19555834
This pic is about 2 AI mental model doing funny hijink
>>
File: Spoiler Image (599 KB, 1111x1600)
599 KB
599 KB JPG
>>19556826
I like how well everything tie together.
From the event I can almost imagine Kotono Ahama thought process

Start the attempt to fix the Facility 4 accident
Lend the 401 to Japan to reverse the situation
Because of Fog rule it end in disaster? Gonzou father is killed and resurrected as part of the Fog
Send the 401 back to Japan, trying to make sure mental model can go against the rule
Chose our MC because he fit all criteria even before being the boy she like
Spy on the crew he is choosing
Encourage mental model to disobey and do as they please


Now I expect to see the opposite of her. Another chosen one but with a mindset at the opposite than can only result in a large scale battle between their mental model.
>>
File: Hyuuga is scary.png (170 KB, 684x375)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>19558350
Hyuuga was showing she's a mad genius with that plan.

Although she's got that entire robot army at Iwo Jima running rampant though...

And the DSV can go fast but she can't really mode laterally and shifting since Fog Ships move like spacecraft underwater with thrusters all over them and thrust vectoring.
>>
File: 0096.5-009.jpg (287 KB, 1111x1600)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>19558583
Hyuuga is one of us.
>>
File: 0096.5-013.jpg (274 KB, 1111x1600)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>19558669
I would do "odd jobs" with Iona if you see what I mean...
>>
>>19558669
I mean she made a giant fuckoff rocket punch arm for herself.
>>
>>19558264
>the DSV outsmart and escape the fog for a while then inevitably get destroyed by superior technology.
That doesn't really work, mostly because seaQuest had some real schizo tech going on. They had orbiting death lasers in 2022 and seaQuest herself is apparently faster than Fog ships.

This is one of those situations where the "everything is a simulation" thing works against Arpeggio of Blue Steel, because it makes it harder to do cool, dumb fan stuff. Because there's no real problem getting seaQuest into another universe, due to the garbage second season, but into a universe that's a simulation? That's much harder.
>>
File: 0091-038.jpg (368 KB, 1111x1600)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
>>19551461
>Takao club
Self-reminder anyone in this university are genius among genius.

>>19561302
It can make it easier, vastly easier.
Classic crossover always have problems with the 2 universe/stories following different rule of physics. Here you have a framework that would justify plenty of arbitrary rules.
I know nothing but the wiki about Seaquest, but I can make a better suggestion

Take 1
Seaquest is the simulation, the only difference is that Fog have an harder time doing their jobs and human get at least one ship capable of crossing the sea, it can replace the 401.

Take 2
In the universe of Seaquest someone accidentally made the Fog with either alien superscience or out of control self-improving nanomachines, cheap and easy, you can still bring Admiralty Code in as simply an higher level of superscience

Take 3
Someone made a portal between dimension that only work underwater, it exit inside a water storage of a Dyson Sphere, they deduce it is simulating something. Some rigid AIs in charge of the simulation determine that since they are a ship & lifeforms, they have to be made part of the simulation, their inferior science is scanned and replicated inside.

See, I hate whoever abused "waking up in a simulation" to the point people can't imagine it making a good plot. Likely happened after Matrix.


Now (You) make me a seaQuest & Pacific Rim crossover and we will see how it hold together.
>>
>>19561795
>Now (You) make me a seaQuest & Pacific Rim crossover and we will see how it hold together.
This is super simple. Either the Pan Pacific Defense Force accidentally creates a rift to the seaQuest universe in a failed attempt to strike at the Precursors directly, or a naturally forming rift in the seaQuest universe (which is a thing) connects to the Pacific Rim universe. What's fun is if you set the seaQuest stuff in (post-)season 3 so you can get the evil Australians in there too. Maybe have the Precursors try to attack the seaQuest universe too, only to get shot up by the BS liquefy matter torpedoes.

>>19561795
>See, I hate whoever abused "waking up in a simulation" to the point people can't imagine it making a good plot. Likely happened after Matrix.
No one abused it. It has the same fundamental flaw as "it was all a dream": it renders all the characters' efforts meaningless because someone can just pull the plug and end the simulation, and there'd be no lasting effect on the outside world.

Of the three scenarios you posted, scenario 2 would actually be the most workable as an alternate season 3 (literally just do the "seaQuest dumped on Earth 10 years later" thing, but with the Fog as the villains) and just have the Fog be an ancient evil that awakens.

The problem is that, as a fusion story, where you're combining two settings and saying they exist in the same universe, the Arpeggio characters are probably going to be the ones that diverge the most from the source material. Like, at best, you *might* be able to get them at their personality default in their first appearance, despite shrinking down the time span for the development of Mental Models, but that assumes that the audience is down for seeing how those characters diverge from their canon versions.

(1/2)
>>
>>19561795
>>19561978
The thing is that whole appeal of a crossover is to have the characters and stuff from both franchises interact with each other, and for most people, they want to see the version of the character that's been fleshed out in the source material interacting.

Yeah, there's a certain subset of nerds who'll be interested in completely different character interpretations as part of a big What If Alt History scenario*, but they're typically a much smaller part of the audience. Somewhat less of a problem if you're writing fanfic vs making something that actually has to be marketable and sell, but it still keeps you from getting the maximum amount of views.

This is why AoBS being a simulation universe sucks, because it effectively limits the amount of universes you can crossover with that allow for actual interaction with the canon characters to a bunch of space operas where they can hook up a holoprojector/cloning/android making machine to whatever's running the simulation and get them out of there.

*There's literally a 30+ chapter Gundam IBO/Mass Effect story floating out that uses no canon ME characters at all that's basically this.
>>
File: 0089-005.jpg (426 KB, 1111x1600)
426 KB
426 KB JPG
>>19561978
I can't judge seaQuest but I suspect we can't fail with Kaiju, it's an easier trope than a sentient armada.

>It has the same fundamental flaw as "it was all a dream"
Just as I feared,
They are fundamentally different, putting those two as equivalent is a damn memes!
It make you exclude entire realm of ideas as "it mean less" before you even try.
I blame Star trek, story with respawn or shit story only using it as an ending for the buzz or distract from a shit plot.

A dream flow on raw imagery and emotion, it hardly have rules, time is irrelevant, it is either symbolic, extremely personal, literally a time-out from the plot.
A simulation require rules and admin role. Everything that happen have a reason, simulated-time is a critical factor and there's no discontinuity with the plot...

>no lasting effect on the outside world
...as changing a character mind is the most lasting effect you could ever need! (ex: time dilatation in/out)
Being able to do this without affecting the "outside world" is a feature, not a flaw.
It take willing suspension of disbelief to accept the physical world being destroyed/rebuilt every week by supervillains.

>This is why AoBS being a simulation universe sucks, because it effectively limits the amount of universes you can crossover with
Speak for yourself, you are complaining of making an explanation for something what stories leave to magic, lampshade and disbelief "Oh no! we somehow teleported in another world!" (Thessalonica Legacy).

I'm confident I could meet every criteria like "lasting effect", "actual interaction", not escalating the tech-level, with everyone starting in the simulation or not, knowing it is one at the start or learning later, fusing or keeping world separate.

Gundam and it's repeating formulaic wars could actually gain in credibility (and originality) if it used simulation, no need for silly Moonlight Butterfly.

I even have ideas to fix the current storm of bad isekai escapist story using one.
>>
>>19562670
>I blame Star trek
Star Trek didn't use that plot outside of one or two shit episodes. You might be thinking of Dallas, which was a soap opera that retconned at least one season of TV with "it was all a dream."

Star Trek also literally did "characters in a simulation discover they're in a simulation" a few times, and everyone was fine with it, because that was the entire point of the episode. They didn't shoehorn the entire series into being a simulation, which is the moment audiences just check out. Which is understandable, because A) you probably didn't get them onboard with that premise from the start, and B) you just established that literally anything can happen to the characters and setting outside of the characters' control.

That last one tends to make people realize that things like stakes and drama are meaningless when the rules can be rewritten at any moment.

>...as changing a character mind is the most lasting effect you could ever need! (ex: time dilatation in/out)
Sure, multiple scifi shows do entire episodes inside the characters' heads, and its fine, because the rest of the universe still exists. Spending one episode inside a person's head is fine, because the audience is learning about them. Those episodes are smaller pieces of a whole that is operating within a ruleset established by the writers, who have an unspoken contract with the audience that the story universe works in a certain way to preserve "realism."

>Speak for yourself, you are complaining of making an explanation for something what stories leave to magic, lampshade and disbelief "Oh no! we somehow teleported in another world!" (Thessalonica Legacy).
Honestly, unless you're making a point of having the characters in the story duplicate whatever's allowing for people to jump between universes or its causing a problem, no one gives a shit about how the crossover works. Everybody knows its just a window dressing that has to be acknowledged before the main action can happen.
>>
>>19543221
The show was an okay 6/10

The manga is boring slow nonsensical garbage
>>
File: 0035-003.jpg (409 KB, 1102x1600)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
>>19562947
To me you are applying a double standard.

>you just established that literally anything can happen to the characters and setting outside of the characters' control.
The same could be said of any fictions, ever.
Freewill remain a thing in simulation hypothesis, death as well for reasons anyone using software will understand.
Rules also exist and they are no more arbitrary than what you would find in any other stories, the trust in these rules grow the more we see the story adhere to them and treat any deviation as requiring a supporting plot.
You are only assuming the worst, probably because of the abuse mentioned and now treat it as if those abuse were the only standard for this concept.

>you probably didn't get them onboard with that premise from the start
Again, the same could be said of anything,
Expectation are complicated and the goal of a story is to make sense in a good way.
You are just assuming the worst.
Talking of AoBS most people wouldn't expect anything as rational and coherent as what we got when starting a manga about Sentient warship with a WWII look. It was clear they would pull off things like this as soon as "that astronaut" made an appearance.
The spoiler was a step up, not down.

>inside the characters' heads, and its fine, because the rest of the universe still exists
You should know what you described is not a simulation, it's the opposite: a dream sequence.
A simulation involve stimulus external to the Self, coming from a simulated universe that remain in motion.
Done right a simulation will be the most realistic setting you can hope for the entirety of a story.

>no one gives a shit about how the crossover works. Everybody knows its just a window dressing that has to be acknowledged before the main action can happen.
Window dressing is part the value, so again, speak for yourself.
If for you a crossover is good no matter how silly is its start. You should have no reason to dismiss a good simulation/cyberspace setting.
>>
File: 3 doors.png (144 KB, 682x334)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
So we definitely know what the middle one means. So what's the one closest and wtf is with the far one.
>>
File: 0124-015.jpg (502 KB, 1111x1600)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
>>19565021
>doors
I wonder why you chose that filename. They are just stele for me.
I think they represent the High Flagship symbol of each fleet, who each have 2 mental model.
Except the last one, Musashi
If Musashi represent the "european fleet", Yamato the Japan fleet then the closest one will be the Anglo-american fleet.

Which make pic reveal ominous.
>>
File: Vampire mental model.jpg (372 KB, 586x611)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
This is Vampire mental model.

You know it to be true.
>>
>>19565049
I swear we saw her long ago on the cover of one of the books. Even holding the chess piece

And for some reason when I saw them in the issue I thought doors instead of backings of a thrown
>>
>>19565058
I honestly wonder if Ark Performance has seen those ancient memes and thought they were as hilarious as we did.
>>
File: 1432375363679.png (90 KB, 200x218)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>19543221
It's a great manga but holy shit is it slow.

Also I hate Gunzo. He feels like one of those leads forced by editors.
>>
>>19553991
In general it does ship girls better than other series because you have actual ships fighting.
>>
>>19543397
>that right knee
Being a mental model comprised of nanomachines must mean having exceptional flexibility!
>>
File: 0101-017.jpg (453 KB, 1111x1600)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
>>19565247
>Young boy
>Young casts
>with appointed opposite antagonists who are almost completely superfluous to the plot
I can understand why, it does feel forced
>>
>>19543221
Ngl I have no idea what this is. Feels like I've heard of the name but I've never seen it. What's is it about?
>>
>>19565315
T-1000s that look like girls control nanomachine versions of WWII warships that fire lasers and wave motion guns vs a crew of humans on one submarine trying to take a torpedo to America.
>>
>>19565315
What this isn't:
>Girls doing cute things pretending to be warship
What it is:
>Warship doing deadly thing pretending to be girl
And it's a surprisingly solid setting

You really should go with the manga.
There's so much they couldn't fit in the anime it's not funny.
>>
File: Kongu evolution.jpg (2.11 MB, 2306x1600)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
Gotta love how their mental model change style to fit in context
>>
File: 0024-032.jpg (504 KB, 1131x1600)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
I wonder if we'll get to see the heavy coat of Haruma again, and an explanation since it looked like it had a story
>>
I really like this series but it really feels like it barely progressed in last few years. I guess it finally started moving again now but holy shit everything after final Kongou battle was so slow.
>>
>>19565345
The Coat has MASSIVE amount of Symbolism tied to it. When and where she stopped wearing it is very telling and is tied to her development.

I think if The Coat is ever worn again it means shit has gotten extremely real. Or something has gone catastrophically wrong
>>
>>19543221
soon
>>
>>19543397
>>19565279
>>
>>19565981
There's also that picture about "something she was given 15years ago" in a pcoket but they put it on hold as if it didn't exist anymore.
That's kinda annoying. Plus, is the coat a normal, human one? cause from the battle it acted like made of nanomachines.
>>
>>19568502
It's 100% nanomaterial like the rest of her clothing. She just really liked it so she was willing to dump it before impact and use the rest of her clothing to make that ablative armor for when she went through the warehouse after her hull exploded
>>
>>19568536
For something she was associated with it sure have been a long time we've seen her without it
>>
>>19567587
>>19567598
Honestly, in hindsight, this whole thing is super sad, because I'm pretty sure Gunzo doesn't even get a fraction of the personality of any of the Mental Models.

He really is just an obligatory male character, and that's kind of sad, considering how cool a sub commander can be.
>>
File: 0030-021.jpg (421 KB, 1114x1600)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
Komaki is a wonderful captain.

t. Repulse
>>
>>19568904
A lot of her major iconic scenes had her wearing it. The Battle against I-401, the Mansion Battle and the Confession in the Conservatory were all times where it was there and the last one is the last time we see it worn.

>>19569804
I think it's because the Fog are actually the Stars of the show and a lot of people forget that the humans are there to help move their character arcs.

>>19571767
Too bad she's such a coward she'd never say it to his face. Or even see him face to face...
Seriously someone install a backbone plugin for her core or maybe have Vampire kick her ass into action (possibly literally)
I means she's going to the Space Elevator Base for repairs and judgement.
Wait doesn't that mean she's going to likely run into the biggest idiot in the fleet?
>>
>>19571801
>Too bad she's such a coward she'd never say it to his face. Or even see him face to face...
I'd put money on Komaki ask to talk to her directly and a moving scene happen when it convince her to work for/with him.
That or it's a decade long arc where she only join him after the US Fog fleet go wrong and it change her mind.
>>
>>19571801
>I think it's because the Fog are actually the Stars of the show and a lot of people forget that the humans are there to help move their character arcs.
Sure, but having interesting humans helps further their development and make things more interesting, especially since the pace is so slow.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (449 KB, 1131x1600)
449 KB
449 KB JPG
>>19573361
They are above average, it's only Gonzou Jr who is the boring schoolboy MC.
Even his crew with the nondescript past are more interesting.
His fuck-the-elite Elite weapon officer
His ex-caged bird Engineer that do kinda look like a bird with her ponytails
Robot head guy what the hell is his deal?
His Special Sonar Force officer who really don't have a latent crush on him everyone seem to know about

Then there's politician-who-didn't-disappear-from-the-plot Kita
The 3 leaders of Japan
The minder totally over his head
US special force guys
Komaki-sama

And his evil german opposite still rank above him





Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.