[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: brave_jtKOzW2JeK.png (296 KB, 885x449)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
Why are they always wasting missiles
if they are going to dock the implus right away anyway?
>>
>>19543107
Why don't they just load a few impulses on the ship instead of two useless Zakus.
>>
>>19543107
>>19543111
Why do they keep giving Lunamaria the Gunner pack when she can't hit anything for shit
>>
>>19543183
She's actually pretty competent in close quarters too.
>>
>>19543107
Gotta use that stock footage to fill up the episode runtimes as much as possible.

>>19543183
>>19543190
Ironically, Gunner Zaku makes for a brilliant partner for the Destiny Gundam in EXVS.
>>
>>19543111
They only made 1 Core Splendor despite making crap tons of Sillhouette packs and Chest/Leg Flyers for some reason
>>
>>19543107
If the missile cartridge is made with gundam magic alloy, dropping it wont even put a dent on it and they can recover it later.

Still pretty senseless to me though.
>>
>>19543107
What is even the point of gaia? Most senseless gundam of them all
>>
File: 626.jpg (29 KB, 626x423)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
How does this thing steer left/right without vertical control surfaces?
>>
>>19543520
Minovsky particles
>>
>>19543520
Thrusters.
>>
>>19543107
Look, the Minerva is already a glorified accessory to the Impulse as is what with all the exclusive launch infrastructure dedicated to a single machine, clearly space money is no object for it and it can shed as many rocket pods as it goddamn feels like shedding.

I know Gundam exists as a plastic model vehicle, but Minerva, and Archangel before it, smacks of a particular To Sell Toys action figure play set mentality I would sooner associate with GI Joe or something, like every shot of them needs this fine print "batteries sold separately" disclaimer.
>>
>>19543720
SEED is pretty much GI Joe when you think about.
Every ranged weapons fire beams/lasers
Lots of acronyms
Wacky doomsday devices
>>
>>19543441
It's basically a parody of Victory. Difference is they actually ended up making more victory core fighters
>>
>>19543107
are those missiles or gun pods?
>>
>>19544508
Maybe they're balancers? Or thrusters?
>>
Y'know people shit on the Destiny for being a downgrade from the Impulse for no longer being a modular transformer but everything about the Impulse is fucking stupid.

The Minerva can use only one Impulse because of a propertiary launcher. The splendor is never used by itself, when Shinn goes out to deliver Stella to the EA he goes out in the whole Impulse instead of sneaking out in just the splendor. You'd think the Impulse would use Victory-esque limb swapping tricks, but it happens ONCE and only ONCE in the whole show. And then the Impulse gets discarded in favor of the Destiny never to have this trick utilized again.

It's almost as if the Impulse's whole gimmick was an afterthought.
>>
>>19544508
I thought its one of those missile that shoot smaller missiles
>>
>>19544538
to be fair, the open-get trick can be pretty expensive if shinn does it every time (that and there's no guarantee that Kira will fall for it a second time).
>>
>>19544538
>The splendor is never used by itself,

There's exactly one episode where it's used for a hit and run initial strike against some mobile armor camped out in a mountain or some shit, as I recall.
>>
File: b2.jpg (5 KB, 313x161)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>19543520
gee I wonder
>>
>>19544538
I mean the whole minerva support gimmick would at least make sense if they actually carry few set of impulses
or if they give few mass-produce impulse after Shin move on to Destiny later in the season
>>
>>19544546
Yeah I checked it out and that's what they are. So they're fixed armaments and you wouldn't launch an unarmed vehicle into a conflict zone even if you were going to dock it into a different weapons platform because you don't know what the fuck is going to happen in a battle

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.