[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Eu481VGVoAAFXBn.png (3.63 MB, 2415x2329)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB PNG
>The GAT-FJ108 Raigo Gundam is a prototype multi-mode mobile suit featured in the manga series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Frame Astrays. It is first piloted by Gai Murakumo and then by Lukas O'Donnell.

>The Raigo is developed by Fujiyama Company based on GAT-X105E Strike Gundam E, with assistance from Actaeon Industries. It can utilize the Striker Pack system and is equipped with Variable Phase Shift armor. Using its Another Trial Striker Packs, which seems to be developed based on those created by Actaeon Industries, the Raigo can be outfitted for high mobility combat (Speculum Raigo), long ranged assault (Sumbullet Raigo), or heavy melee combat (Caliburn Raigo).

>The Actaeon Project's GAT-X105E Strike Gundam E represented the Earth Alliance military's future in versatile MS and represented a potentially new starting point in MS development. Fujiyama Company, a firm that participated in the Actaeon Project, planned to capitalize on this and start a development program based on the Strike Gundam E. Fujiyama Company, which mainly developed MA such as the FXet-565 Cosmograsper, was falling behind its competitors in the area of MS development. With the completed Raigo Gundam concept model, Fujiyama Company aimed to be reborn as a core company of the Earth Alliance's defense industry. The Raigo Gundam is deployed in Republic of East Asia, where a small scale battle is going on between EA and ZAFT, and is thus suitable for conducting field testing.
>>
>>19534194
I wonder how big of a difference in the performance between the Raigo Gundam and the Akatsuki?
>>
>>19534194
we all agree that the raigo's faceplate only looks stupid because of the way okawara does his standard MS pose right (it looks like a pencil moustache)?
>>
>>19534338
Akatsuki would probably have the edge if the battle is in space due to DRAGOON
>>
>>19534358
It does look better at certain angles and as a kitbash model it. But overall he should have just went with the traditional two vent face plate or none at all.
>>
>>19534782
Singles vents are weird but cool and rare
I think only the Raigo and the G-First have them
>>
>>19534358
>we all agree that the raigo's faceplate only looks stupid
it doesn't look stupid tho
>>
>>19534871
Bolt Gundam too
>>
So that's why the most common Gundam faceplates has either 2 vents or none at all.

A single vent makes it looks like it's sporting a small mustache.

And of course, 3 vents are reserved only to Nu/Hi-Nu variants.
>>
>>19535083
Raigo's vent doesn't even look like a vent; its raised up more and looks like a nose.
>>
>>19535700
Fuggg it's not a vent
I only noticed that just now when I zoomed in
>>
>>19534892
most complaints about the raigo is about the mono-vent which dominates the much lesser complaint about it looks like it's wearing suspenders.
>>
>>19536244
not a vent.
>>
>>19536246
what is it then? people were calling it a vent before, what changed?
>>
>>19534194
The pseudo chest jewel looks really dumb
>>
>>19535083
The best kind of single face vent is pseudo-mouth ones like Duel and Destiny.
>>
>>19536791
Neither of these have face vents anon
>>
>>19536267
A stiff upper lip
>>
>>19534194
I find it funnier that Raigo is meant to be a budget G-Weapon built by Japan in a setting where the Strike E already exists alongside the Windams and 105/Slaughter Daggers.

Like, someone thought Orb being Not!Japan and producing a bunch of advanced equipment wasn't enough, so they also have SEED Japan jump into relevance with a 90% copy of an existing design; just somehow cheaper than a Strike E and cost-competitive vs a 105/Slaughter Dagger or Windam.
>>
>>19534194
I don't understand what makes it special. Its basically slightly upgraded Strike Gundam.
>>
File: speculum.jpg (17 KB, 450x450)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>19534194
>Speculum Raigo
uuhhh

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.