[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 36 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

New board added: /pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GvkpostChina.jpg (1.08 MB, 1381x2047)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
Godzilla and Kong have two fights, both are technically back to back, Aircraft carrier and Hong Kong.

Mechagodzilla gets around 7-10 minutes of screen time(Static and action).

Godzilla wins, During team up he uses all his energy and "Dies" after final battle, later seen alive but with a life support system attached on his back in a Monarch base.

Kong has to take Godzilla's place as King, but hasn't earned the title yet.

Other Titans live on Skull Island during film's ending.
>>
>>19391827
gay
>>
>>19391827
>>19391830
Legendary: Well, time to phase Godzilla out, the contract is up.
Toho: We're renewing
Legendary: SHIT WE ALREADY WROTE GODZILLA OUT OF OUR UNIVERSE HOW DO WE KEEP HIM STUCK AROUND WHILE DOING NOTHING???
>>
>>19391968

Has the license been renewed then?
>>
>>19391978
No official word, so No.
>>
>only 2 fights
Dropped
>>
>>19391827
I've seen So many different leaked endings to this that I kind of don't believe in this one entirely
>>
https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1363896813875527682
>>
Hope Godzilla wins but dies in the team-up against Mecha G, then Kong becomes king and adopts a baby G Jr.
>>
>>19391827
Is that the Decade vs Zio plot?
>>
>>19391827
lame
>>
>Kong: OH SHIT, THE JETS WORK ON WATER NOW. RUN, GODZILLA! RUN!
>>
>>19393294
I think Legendary was only using Godzilla so they could give Kong someone to piggy back hype off of
>>19391990
And we're supposed to automatically believe any excuses you make about Toho going full isolationism?
>>
File: Kumonga.jpg (19 KB, 288x196)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
LOL HERE I COME AGAIN, I'M TOTALLY NOT SCYLLA OR MOTHER LONGLEGS LIKE THE LAST TWO TIMES I GOT CONFIRMED
>>
>Save... Mothra...
>>
>>19391827
>Godzilla wins, During team up he uses all his energy and "Dies" after final battle, later seen alive but with a life support system attached on his back in a Monarch base.
So at this point Godzilla and humanity are really just really close allies.

I know people hate it but godzilla and humanity fighting together is kinda cool, next movie mothra revives godzilla and we get godzilla, mothra, kong and humans fighting giant aliens, fuck it.
>>
>>19393832
I mean, it's what he was known for most. Being a hero.
>>
>>19393822
>Godzilla dies by the end of the movie.
>He gets revived for the big team up movie: Shogun Warriors.
>>
>>19393837
wasn't he more of an accidental hero in japanese media? like "I don't care enough about humans to care but this dude is killing my planet so fuck that giant dude" with a ton of collateral damage.

In the last one godzilla and ships were charging together in the river and had planes flying around him.

either way, that charge was cool.
>>
>>19393839
Who would be quirky Flash of this universe?
>>
>>19393848
Daimos
>>
>>19393842
This but yeah, kinda nice to see a Goji who willingly wants to be a nice guy to human, though evidently in the monsterverse lore he does have a limit to the bullshit he is willing to deal with from humanity.
>>
>>19393842
>S-stupid hominids, it's not like I'm saving you or anything...
>>
How many "leaks" do we have at this point? This sounds like an abridged version of that Dr. Spoilers guy.
>>
>>19394012
Too fucking many, I want an archive of each.
>>
>>19393837
I mean, if you only watch Showa and nothing else, sure.
>>
>>19393342
That doesn't really work. Kong is still the more iconic character in almost every culture.
>>
https://www.atomtickets.com/movies/shin-godzilla/230950
>>
>>19394789
Bullshit. That may have been true when the original King Kong vs. Godzilla was made, but the latter has become much more integrated into the popular consciousness. Especially given his enduring popularity in Asian countries.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NrtPhu8lS8w
>>
>>19395786
Even in Asian countries Kong is mroe well known. Japan and the US are pretty much the only two countries where it's even close. And even in Japan Godzilla was prior to shin Godzilla was mostly perceived as a relic that no one thought about too often. But the original King Kong will always be THE monster movie and nothing made since has ever come close to that level of respect and ubiquity. It changed the whole film industry and it's one of the stories anyone can describe without ever having seen it. Godzilla mostly having been supported in the US through television runs.
>>
>>19391827
In water chimps will drown.
>>
File: mechaG city.jpg (250 KB, 1984x1622)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>19395872
>Kong will fight MG first

Yup Godzilla's gonna job.
>>
File: 34451.jpg (104 KB, 1244x1315)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>19393822
already happened, also checked.
>>
>>19397813
Americans are so creatively bankrupt it isn't even funny anymore.
>>
>>19391827
If I knew asking for another GvK was going to result in this, I would’ve kept my fucking mouth shut.
>>
>>19391990
It was renewed back in 2019.
>>
>>19393832
>and we get godzilla, mothra, kong and humans fighting giant aliens, fuck it.
Does this lead to Pacific Rim rebooted as part of the Legendary Monster-verse? The Jaeger project spun off Mecha Godzilla?
>>
File: kot.jpg (399 KB, 955x981)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
is this the movie of this game?
>>
My biggest fear is how mecha G will fit in the overall plot line. I would hate for him to just be thrown in there out of no where. Like Godzilla and Kong are beating eachother's ass and Mecha G just pops up like "lol hi guys". Maybe have Godzilla fight Kong on his way toward mecha G.
>>
>>19400742
mechaG is the evil godzila destroying cities
>>
>>19400700
>Richard Garfield rips off Monsterpocalypse
breh
you're fucking Richard Garfield
do your own shit asshole
>>
>>19400742
Godzilla and Kong fight in Hong Kong, and Mecha Godzilla is located inside Victoria's Peak in Hong Kong was well as seen by the trailer. So Godzilla and Kong fight at night, and whoever the winner is...MG bust out the mountain to finish off the winner. So, MG is just chilling in the mountain until morning. That's what you can make out from all the trailer so far.

>>19401378
Nope.
>>
>>19400742
>>19401378
>>19401409
I really wish that the director of this was someone who never watched the 60s movies that were made for kids, but alas, such people were likely blacklisted by Legendary
>>
>>19401646
*60s and 70s
>>
>>19401646
You're pretty much asking for the impossible. Pretty sure everyone at least knows or has seen the Godzilla designed for general entertainment and less the black and white Godzilla
>>
>>19401646
Interesting take. Can you add into this idea? I had similar thoughts I would like to know more of your take on it.
>>
The legendary films are fucking trash, urobuchi's CG movies are better
>>
>>19393342
>Toho going full isolationism?
I hope so... being isolationists is probably why their franchises feel so fresh and new, especially nowadays where they overblow everything and you end up with 15 Star Wars movies and 200 MCU movies.
My fear is Toho dilluting it’s own brand by making too many movies. Especially how shitty the new ones are. They’re basically turning into Transformers movies. Just another shitty franchise.
>>
>>19402011
Bait. Both CGI are different flavors of shit. I wonder what a hand drawn series of Godzilla would look like. Like old Disney hand drawn. That’s the direction the new Dark Crystal series should have went by.
>>
People really want that toy armor to be something more then just toy armor...

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.