[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 66 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: screen-0.jpg (365 KB, 2208x1242)
365 KB
365 KB JPG
This looks pretty /m/.
>>
>>19369805
Turns out being mecha is not enough to get people an having interest in your mecha.
>>
>>19369805
And what is it ? A game ? Give us more details, OP.
>>
it better not be a mobile game.
>>
>>19375561
It's a battle royale of some sort.

>>19375563
It has a PC version.
supermechachampions.com
>>
>>19375566
Anyone remember overdrive ?
>>
Watched a video, it seems like you're mostly running and gunning on the ground like PUBG, the mechs don't show up often.
>>
>>19369805
Looks pretty shit too.
>>
>>19375582
The video I'm watching has more mecha gameplay than not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byc28Chp7Bw

Without having played the game I'm not sure what the requirement to activate your mecha is, but it looks like after the first couple minutes this person is in their mech pretty much the whole time.
>>
>>19375592
Ah yes, that's what this game was.
>>
>>19378849
Any other mecha battle royales out there?
>>
>>19381649
There's the chinese one that had an eva crossover, apex has 2 robot """characters""", and I'm sure fortnite has a robot or two somewhere.
Now the real question would be, toku/henshin/kaiju battle royale when???
>>
>>19381652
I looked up the Chinese one and it's literally called Knives Out. Is that legal?
>>
>>19375592
The map looks too empty, the movements look too sluggish, the graphics seem ok i guess the mecha movements look even worse. This game ain't going anywhere

Why don't just companies make a Armor Core like game but in battleroyal style. it would be so much better
>>
>>19381681
Better yet, why doesn't From just make a new Armored Core that's a battle royale?
>>
>>19381684
Because From is busy milking fucking Dark/Demon Soul style games
>>
>>19381685
Life is a game too, when you think of it. The only question is, can you ever win?
>>
File: 1611370747342.jpg (33 KB, 540x720)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>19375566
>battle royale
>>
>>19384213
Battle royale is the only genre of games that gets hate solely because people are bad at it.
>>
>>19386533
Cool cool. Now shut up
>>
>>19386533
Not quite, it's a meme genre right now and the only good one is apex.
>>
>>19388647
Apex, huh?
>>
>>19386533
No, some people just not interested in whatever online flavour of the month is currently going.
We have backlogs of actual games.
>>
>>19392305
"Flavor of the month"... for three years. Uh huh. That term became embarrassing to use a long time ago and people still use it.
And then, haha. You say "actual games." Because you're so insecure you can't just enjoy your favorite genre in peace. You gotta try and make people feel bad about what they like. Perhaps you don't really enjoy video games at all. You just enjoy being an ass.
>>
>>19381684
>Better yet, why doesn't From just make a new Armored Core that's a battle royale?
imagine having to balance the game around bunny hopping and the LX cannon
>>
>>19386533
Battle Royales are the marxism of gaming.
Nobody gets to have a LOT of fun,
but everybody has a little bit of fun.
That's why it's so divisive. Some people want a lot of fun, others are fine with only a little fun.
>>
>>19392523
You should get a profession in contortionism, with how much you had to reach to get /pol/shit out of that post.
>>
>>19392527
I see you're one of the ones thats fine with only a little bit of fun.
>>
>>19392550
Let me guess. Now that you've been called out you're going to do this little song and dance for the next dozen posts where you pretend you have no idea what I'm talking about so you can "subtly" derail the thread without facing any real consequences. And here... we... go.
>>
File: l.png (296 KB, 512x512)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>
>>19392316
You seem really upset over someone else preferring games they can actually finish.
Online games are waste of time.
And yes, three years is still flavour of the month.
>>
>>19394513
So that's your reason. You're all about padding the numbers instead of just enjoying games. You gotta have a certain number completed or else you'll feel like you're "wasting time." Well here's a news flash. By your standards, all games are a waste of time. At least I'm enjoying games, unlike you.
>And yes, three years is still flavour of the month.
Idiot.
>>
>>19394523
You really are upset over use of "actual games" it seems, jesus.
How much time and money you invested in this game to be that insecure?
Every game is about wasting time, online ones are just the worst out of bunch. Because they are not only endless, but also have limited lifespan. Other moment that they require way more time and effort to actually enjoy compared to singleplayer.
So basically it's just the worst way to waste time via games in general. While offering little to nothing in the return unless you are highly competitive.

And yes, 3 years is nothing much of worth to be proud of.
>>
>>19394543
Yes, yes, keep trying to convince yourself that everyone you talk to is "upset." That seems to be a common thread on this website, that people like you simply cannot function unless you delude yourself into thinking that everyone else is miserable. Which confirms my initial accusation that you're insecure. You know your words don't stand on their own merit. So you've got to keep repeating "mad" over and over. Do it again, puppet. You'll never break out of your fantasy world, so just prove me right.
>>
>>19394602
Lol, you are doing better work than me to get people away from the game, cause it has people acting like you atm.
Keep it up, you are doing great.
All I did is said few mediocre negative remarks towards the genre. Yet you seem to be going bonkers over them and going personal too. wew lad
>>
>>19369805
Of course it is.
>>
File: 1600828060977.png (303 KB, 1920x1087)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
>>19369805
I like this mech.
>>
>>19369805
no
>>
>>19369805
I played when it was released, the game it's really fun but suffers from the mobile BR sickness, this means that most lobbies are full of bots. This gets fixed as you keep ranking up, but still pretty discouraging. Also it had a collab with Granbelm.

I liked it but I wished it was a PC/Console game instead of a mobile game.
>>
>>19402328
It's so weird that these obscure mobile games keep getting collabs with much bigger anime. You'd think the anime companies would make it prohibitively expensive to negotiate the rights but apparently not.
>>
>>19402338
It may be obscure here but it's still [published by NetEase who has all the $$$. They are even making a tie-in toyline.
>>
>>19402360
whoops forgot pic
>>
>>19402364
That's actually pretty cool. It's not often that non-Gundam mecha gets merchandise.
>>
>>19400419
Well no, but actually yes.
>>
>>19375566
>It's a battle royale of some sort.
Yep, that'll do it, tired fucking genre at this point.
>>
File: 20210226_223104.jpg (159 KB, 940x947)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
Its actually surprisingly alright. Mechs control pretty ok for being a mobile game and most of them have pretty good designs too. Its main problems are the map being so damn huge and the huge amount of bots. Oh and it being a fucking mobile game. The pc port isn't even worth mentioning.

You can spend a ton of time in your mech though. You get it really quickly and can infinitely respawn it until the last leg of the match.
>>
>>19407309
Good to hear that it goes all out on being /m/. I'd try it out but I've already decided to give Apex a go and I think it's best not to play too many battle royales at once. Apex seems like THE battle royale to play if you're going to pick one to commit to, well made and pretty active so you don't have to worry about all the endless bots. It may not be about piloting mechs but it's still relatively /m/ which is a nice bonus.
>>
>>19411112
Holy shit man, Apex is the Battle Royale to end all BR's, the abilities system and the fucking movement make the game so dynamic that it doesn't feel bad to lose, also no building bullshit like Fortnite. Lots of QoL features to keep it from going stale.
>>
>>19412570
Yeah, Respawn seems like a really consistent dev. It's a shame that they have to be owned by EA but they don't seem to let that stop them from making great games.
>>
>>19402328
>Let's make Madoka but with mechs
Genius
>>
>>19415999
That's... not quite what it is.
>>
>>19372951
Not many people are interested in mecha at all anymore. It is a dying genre.
>>
>>19419553
There are still a few being made.
>>
>>19419553
or maybe people just not interested in battle royal game which is also mobage to boot.
It's hard concept to understand I guess.
>>
>>19422590
Many people are interested in battle royale. It is the most popular genre ever made.
>>
>>19392593
Shut the fuck up you dumb fuck. Battle Royales literally just reward you based on RNG. RNG is NEVER a good mechanic to add to ANY game. Everything should have a proper cause and effect and adding RNG just means you're a lazy as fuck game designer
>>
File: disgusted robert.png (394 KB, 702x588)
394 KB
394 KB PNG
>>19411112
>>19412570
>>19414529
Fuck Respawn for removing the Titans to appeal to normies. There's literally no reason you can't add them in some form to the game, they just don't want to because normies are scared of /m/.

>b-but they'd be too strong!

Such a lazy as fuck excuse that anyone with a half a brain could see through. Okay, so why not let you build one up yourself by obtaining parts, then have the resulting titan be a low-tier one that isn't even meant for true warfare? E.G. building up farming titans to help you get around the map faster that people can ride on. There's no excuse, EA just told them they're not allowed probably. End of story.

>>19424185
This makes me unfathomably upset too because of >>19424215. It's not about map memorization, it's all about luck and getting to the good shit first. You can't even hardly beat people with lesser items unless you pick them off from a distance. You can either win the match 100% by just stockpiling and waiting to fight the last team, or you can force it to be fun by actively hunting people down and being likely to lose 90% of the time. The whole gameplay design is flawed as fuck but the fact it's luck based gives even the dumbest normies a chance and that's why they like it.
>>
>>19424228
>they just don't want to because normies are scared of /m/
No, it just doesn't fit the game, Apex is fast paced and Titan's are fucking slow as they should be, if you want them just go play Titanfall.
>muh normies muh normieees!!!!
You are a fucking normalfag yourself.
>>
>>19375592
People outside of mechs just doesn't make for good gameplay. Even Titanfall really fucking struggles with the fact that good players can mog titans on foot.
>>
>>19424185
>Many people are interested in battle royale.
Not on this board.
>It is the most popular genre ever made.
oh right, I forgot that popular == good.
>>19424215
RNG can work as game mechanics. I mean entire rougelike (proper one) genre based on it.
As well as loot system in Diablo-clones and percentage chance to hit in our favorite SRW.
Question is implementation of said RNG.
When it comes to competitive games RNG especially hard to implement, if not impossible.
>>
File: 1587626537442.jpg (206 KB, 882x733)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>19424215
>>19424228
>>19424511
>>
>>19425063
And?
FF7 milking is in a full swing, so?
>look guys, this popular thing does another popular thing, therefore you must start giving a shit about it!
or what you wanted to say?
That you have no tastes on your own, only trends?
>>
>>19425070
Dude, calm down. You realize you're getting unreasonably angry about video games.
>>
>>19424511
Not to mention that Apex is one of the least RNG-relying battle royale games right now, anyone that plays the game can tell you that "muh loot" is the least of your concerns if you play properly.
>>
>>19425083
it's less about being angry, but more being annoyed at either obvious shills or just attention seeking idiots.
>>19425089
I only ever played Titanfall 2 and never plan to give Apex a shot period, so can't comment on that.
RNG is, like any other element, about implementation.
You can make terrible game with zero RNG or good game with plenty RNG. It depends on case by case more often than not.
>>
>>19425103
>RNG is, like any other element, about implementation.
Of course, but Apex has many elements and mechanics that rely on player skill and awareness rather than who opens which crate.
I mean if you ever want to give BR a try, I highly recommend it.
>>
>>19425110
I would argue that online competitive games are not something you can try and enjoy instantly, you need to start pouring time into them to start getting some enjoyment more often than not.
Especially since there is little RNG involvement as you said - FPS skill is not something all that common. Despite how it may been fun to play deathmatches in UT way back at local lan, nowadays I just prefer my backlog.
That and BR just fits into modern short attention span most people have so that's why it gained popularity. Short sessions are nice and all, but I prefer other games for them, like Extreme VS.
>>
>>19425121
Short sessions? A battle royale match will often last at least 20 minutes. And MOBAs, the other genre that achieved mainstream popularity for a while, used to go even longer with matches regularly taking an hour. And most people play multiple matches in one sitting.
>>
>>19425468
>Short sessions
>at least 20 minutes
Yes, case in point?
Since when 20 minutes is long?
20 minutes is pretty short time to get everything game has to offer in once burst.
>And MOBAs, the other genre that achieved mainstream popularity for a while, used to go even longer with matches regularly taking an hour.
MOBAs have a bit different type of appeal, on surface it seems that there are similarities, but those similarities are more related to your regular online vs match in any team based game, or even RTS.
You can't experience whole game in just one session considering amount of variables, while BR mostly stays the same
>>
>>19425856
Due to the size of BR maps and the positioning of the circle you will inevitably be visiting different locations on the map from game to game. This gives the matches variety and makes it feel like it has more than one map.
>>
>>19425867
yeah, nah.
that's a weak argument.
Yes, overall your each playthru will be different depending where you start, what weapon you'll get, etc.
But that is like saying "each and every playthru in rogelike is completely different!", when all you get is slightly different dungeon, mobs appearing in different places and maybe club instead of a sword.
I'm obviously oversimplifying rougelikes, but if you go to og rouge and play it once or twice - it'll be "different" and will give you some "variety" but ultimately it'll be same experience overall.
Same with BR.
Again, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. People like more of the same way more than "innovation", especially in games. But I still would tie BR success to overall short attention span you get nowadays. Especially considering it's also popular on mobile phones which are king of keeping your short attention span satisfied.
You can play one or two sessions, get your chemicals in brain make you feel better when you win against at least some people cause it's easy to catch people off guard, and you go on with your day.
>>
>>19425867
It's not even about being a map or many, there's so much shit that changes from match to match that you constantly have to adapt or die, and so many ways to play whether because you choose to do so or because the situation forces you to. Sadly that other guy seems to either have never played a BR game or only tried the more dull ones in the infancy of the genre.
And these sorts of online games are just that, online games, you can't compare the play session of an online game (that heavily relies and depends on player interaction with other players) with single player games that rely on guiding the player through scripted scenarios.
>>
>>19425890
Have you ever played an arcade game? You reek of /v/posting zoomeroid.
>>
>>19425919
Yes, and? Maybe not often because they are rarity around here, but did play some. Aside of modern ports/emulation.
You are not going to compare arcades to BR now, aren't you?
Also aren't you getting too offended just because I dared to say something slightly negative about game you like? We were having decent talk, but you seem to be out of arguments or will to continue said talk and just gotta start using buzzwords and made up insults.
>>
File: 1593757096664.png (27 KB, 201x201)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>19425932
>Yes, and?
>>
>>19428393
Yes, and...?
>>
>>19429852
And what exactly is this game about, I think?
>>
>>19430776
I'm pretty sure it's a battle royale, dude.
>>
>>19433802
And what exactly does that supposed to mean?
>>
>>19425932
You keep talking about how modern games cater to low attention span or whatever the fuck without having played a battle royale and you don't even know that's how videogames have been for the longest time, if you want to shit on something don't make up bullshit as you go, just say you don't like it because it's popular and save us all the bumps.
>>
>>19436461
You seem mad.
I never actually said that battle royale is bad game genre, only that popular doesn't equal good. I just think it's popular because of short and satisfying sessions - which do cater towards overall lower attention span people have nowadays - which is my guess why it got mainstream in the first place. And I do have quite lower than I'd want attention span as well at times.
I play plenty of popular games. I just don't play online.
Original "argument" where this all exchange came from - is from anon stating that it's people are not interested in OP game because mecha is dying genre.
While I replied that maybe people are not just interested in mobage battle royale period. Especially considering that here people play mostly singleplayer titles, aside of some exceptions.
Cause mecha games are rare and in between, especially good ones.
And you can argue that real fun of mecha genre when it comes to videogames - comes from customatization, which is something inherently lacking in online games.
Other part is that mobage controls for action games are quite poor, many people here won't try it just because of that too.

But keep being mad about being slightly negative towards game in OP. That seems illegal I guess. Only happiness and roses and shilling is allowed.
Sometimes you'll have to deal that people have other tastes than yours which they won't share just because something is popular.
>>
>>19436567
>You seem mad.
How many times can you desperately post this in the same thread before you realize how pathetic it looks? Good grief.
>>
>>19436580
Tell me what's pathetic is exactly then?
I would argue that people keeping thread alive while there is clear zero interest in game and bumping it with worthless posts for three days straight - that seems more pathetic than just simple side discussion about why BR is popular.
Which for some reason you took offence towards.
>>
>>19436583
And I would say it is significantly more pathetic to find some way to insert "Well you are very mad and angry and I am the pinnacle of calmness" into every single one of your posts instead of properly engaging in discussion without any childish mudslinging. It shows you're not confident enough to win the argument on its own merits when you have to resort to ad hominem attacks to move it along.
>>
>>19436598
Aren't you just misdirecting attention towards one snarky remark so it'll be easier to not answer on any points of argument?
I mean when I get overly negative reply which especially labels me as something else just to dismiss any rest of the post - I can afford to attack back somehow.
Even if I excluded "seem mad" - you'd find something else to focus. Me being ESL, apparently not knowing what videogames are, "you have no right to judge before you play game", or some other bullshit.
Internet arguments are all about misdirecting attention on something else instead of addressing points. Gotta make me wear all labels you can think of so you won't have any need ever to address actual points.
>>
>>19369805
The hell...?
>>
>>19438310
Hell is too good for the likes of this thread.
>>
>>19439457
Well, that's where it's going.
>>
>>19384203
You can, but then some sys-admin douche-bag referred to by some as God spawns a new ladder to bracket you into and you get to go back and restart all the way from the bottom again.
>>
>>19381685
they should make a robot souls game, you control a super advanced android you and travel the place, taking down gigantic mechs and kaiju
>>
>>19441821
Sure, and while we're on the topic of ridiculous ideas that will never happen, how about a Fist of the North Star game that plays like a Yakuza game.
>>
>>19441878
You're kidding.
>>
>>19436567
>which is something inherently lacking in online games
??? Play more games faggot, you have no clue what you are talking about.
>>
>>19441821
There's one about power armor.
>>
It looks pretty awful.

Play gundam battle operation 2 instead
>>
>>19443637
Or, play nothing. Video games are a waste of time.
>>
>>19443600
Can I get the title of that?
>>
>>19446340
NO!
>>
>>19448273
Hm, how else can you be contrarian today?
>>
>>19449813
Don't usw words you don't understand.
>>
>>19449876
Don't be contrarian then.
>>
>>19369805
No one should ever have any reason to play this.
>>
>>19453343
Looks neat to me actually.
>>
>>19456568
False.
>>
>>19458520
I've been thinking about this all day and I don't see how it's false.
>>
>>19453343
>No one should ever have any reason to play this.
what are you doing in this board then? go back filthy tourist scum
>>
>>19460494
You're right, you know.
>>
>>19463222
How could you possible know that?
>>
>>19369805
it’s a shitty battle royal gacha mobile shit
>>
>>19465387
With cheese?
>>
>>19465403
Uh... no.
>>
>>19467404
It's a reference. Royal with cheese is what they call the Whopper in England.
>>
>>19469631
Oh I didn't know that.
>>
>>19424371
Good players also straight delete Pilots while in Titans.
>>
File: Apex is for SLOWS.png (946 KB, 2028x3043)
946 KB
946 KB PNG
>>19424236
You absolute nigger. Apex has had all the movement from Titanfall stripped out;
>no wallruns
>no double jump
>stim on a fuckass long cooldown, and slower to boot
>grapple watered down to 1ppm
>Momentum dies almost instantly, with no way of rebuilding it.
>even the fucking lumbering Titans are faster than the average Apex character

Then factor in the TTK difference and you find Apex is much more about slow, methodical pacing and planning your engagements carefully.

tl;dr: Apex is for SLOWS.
>>
>>19470718
not really, most high level players are all about rushing and gunning, you'd know this if you played the game, the game even rewards you for doing so, and yeah, it has far less movement than TF2, but my point was that the titans don't fit the game as it is right now
>>
>>19470793
I play the game, but I don't play at high levels. And it's so fucking SLOW.

I jump into a match of Tf2 and shit pops off in no more than 30 seconds. I've pasted two dudes into a wall and then ate a Kraber shot. Then, no more than 2 seconds later I'm back to zipping around the map like a monkey on coke.

Whereas in Apex, you have to go through the rigmarole of waiting for every retard to pick their character, then the intro, then you wait for however long before you drop, then you wait to hit the ground, land next to another squad and get gunned down because they got the loot first. Then you have to repeat the whole process again.

It's also worth noting, I have almost never had rushing and gunning do anything other than kill me or my squad.
>>
>>19470886
>the rigmarole of waiting for every retard to pick their character, then the intro, then you wait for however long before you drop
takes no longer than a minute, not only are you bad at the game, you have autism and adhd
>>
>>19470920
You may be correct, minus the autism.

I also just don't like Apex, and I do like Titanfall, so I'm just going to wear those biases on my sleeve.
>>
>>19470886
>>19471210
I don't think Apex ever claimed to be the same game as Titanfall 2.
>>
>>19473428
Just because it doesn't claim it doesn't mean it's not true.
>>
>>19476075
Again in English?
>>
>>19477044
That was about as English as it can get.
>>
>>19477044
>>19478711
I fucking hate Apex. Stop talking about it.
>>
>>19480390
Bigger problem with Apex is they still don't let you play solo. Why? Are they scared that's the only mode people would ever play?
>>
>>19481043
Yes.
>>
>>19481043
but you can play solo, you'll just be fighting against other teams
or is it that you are just bad at teamwork?
>>
>>19482926
Yes, it is that. But other games give a solo queue for people who are bad at teamwork. Why does Apex have to make you fight other teams?
>>
>>19419553

you retards have been saying this shit since i was a high schooler
>>
>>19483125
More than that I've been hearing that anime in general is in its "death throes" for over a decade. Just people trying to cope with the fact that they don't like anime anymore so they say that it's dying because if they can't enjoy it they don't want anyone else to be able to.
>>
>>19483221
People don't ever want to admit they're wrong. Only a matter of time before someone insists it's totally still true.
>>
>>19483098
Because it's a game about teamwork...
>>
>>19484545
That shouldn't stop it from being able to have a solo mode.
>>
>>19486546
you just don't want to play the game, now stop bumping this shit for no reason
>>
>>19486554
I just want to play it solo.
>>
>>19486697
You can't do everything in life solo. That's just a fact of life.
>>
>>19486697
Then play it you dense friendless fuck.
>>
>>19487688
I have autism and barely understand even basic human interactions and have developed your personality on memes
>>
>>19489976
Too much information.
>>
>>19490726
My autism causes me to know too much information.
>>
>>19492147
To know? Or simply to WANT to know?
>>
Stop bumping this shit, it's pathetic.
>>
>>19493717
It's called having a discussion. Try it sometime.
>>
>>19369805
Hey, this looks pretty /m/.
>>
wow, I'm surprised the shills didn't post this here
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1368910/Super_Mecha_Champions/
>>
>>19494538
STEAM TIME BABY, it runs soooo much smoother even on my shitty laptop with a bunch of shit running in the background. Now all we need is new players/people transferring from mobile to PC
>>
I'll tell you a real champion mecha game:
100 Foot Robot Golf.
I'm playing as a Mecha Gattai Robot of sentient experimental corgis.

Five dogs in a robot coat.
>>
> NetEase
Oh Jesus no. Don't do this to yourself. They've already been caught with that RedShell spyware before.
>>
>>19405010
It actually happens quite a bit, it's just that the lines are usually expensive or just die.
>>
>>19494945
When foreign companies do business in China they must "partner" with a Chinese nanny company to represent them. Netease partnered with Blizzard and were responsible for making sure that one Hearthstone player got banned for calling for a free Hong Kong.
>>
>>19494915
>we
yeah, not happening wang
>>
>>19494986
CANT STOP
WONT STOP
BABY
>>
>hero shooter battle royale
I would seriously consider this if mechs were customizable to a meaningful degree. Having 10+ players in 3-5m mechs of their own design pounding it out would be pretty dope.
>calls them "Mecha" in universe
For some reason I hate when games/media do this. Give them an in-universe name rather than naming them after the irl genre.
>>
>>19381652
>toku/henshin/kaiju BR
the right way to do a battle royale with a character roster
>>
>>19495069
Add in Battlefield-style building destructibility and my dick gets so hard I'm forced to quit my job and play it until the servers shut down.
>>
I hated the idea of battle royales. Then I spoke with a friend I hadn’t in years and spoke about video games and said we should play some. We tried a few out and connected mostly on battle royales. I thank battle royales for reconnecting me with my buddy.
>>
>>19495106
Battle royales are designed with the intention that there's a fair bit of downtime between combat, which gives real life friends a chance to shoot the shit and chat about stuff. That's why so many people on 4chan hate battle royales. No real life friends.
>>
>>19424215
RNG is the heart and soul of roguelikes and roguelites. Get a ton of replayability from not that much handcrafted content, if it's done well. Instead of just sticking to one hyperoptimized build and memorizing the map you are pretty much forced to familirize yourself with all the combat mechanics to make full use of your build as you go
>>
>>19495762
Not them, but I don't actually like rogues because I like playing levels and stages that the designers created. It's why I really don't like roguelike metroidvanias.
>>
>>19496361
>roguelike metroidvanias.
Such as? I would think the concept of a roguelike goes entirely against the concept of a metroidvania.
>>
>>19402328
Steam version is out baby
>>
>>19497569
Maybe they got logic for internal generation where they keep there being the ability for progress no matter how the system sets things up. Kinda like the Super Metroid Randomizers
>>
>>19497585
twice the spyware wow!
>>
>>19497569
Rogue Legacy
>>
>>19497721
>Worries about being spied on
>Still posts on the internet, and probably even has a smart phone
>>
>>19498905
>Rogue Legacy
>metroidvania
>>
>>19499202
Logic doesn't get through to those people.
>>
File: 1582240681893.jpg (47 KB, 564x400)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>19499202
>>19499603
>bro all your information is out there already!!
>why do you care about chinese government spying on you soo much lmaoo!
>>
>>19497597
It's just, Metroidvania entails a big nonlinear map. Sure you can randomize Metroid, but I've never seen that philosophy applied to a roguelike. An
>>
File: 4-1024x576.jpg (139 KB, 1024x576)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>
>>19470718
Apex may be slower than Titanfall, but it's still faster than 99% of the other FPSes on the market. There are no other games where you can slide around like you're playing Vanquish.
>>
>>19504463
And that makes it 99% of what Titanfall is.
>>
File: f0647bf.jpg (90 KB, 828x599)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>19424228
If the recent leaks aren't bullshit (which they probably will be), Blisk's Ult is gonna be calling in a titan, but based on the (supposed) leaked footage, it seems more like a glorified turret
>>
>>19425468
Short sessions for ADHD children who drop hot and get stomped most matches
>>
>>19506507
I am literally going to cum if this is true.
>>
>>19506507
What is the etymology of the name "Blisk"?
>>
>>19506507
Okay after seeing the supposed leak, it seems it's a BOB from Overwatch clone, which could be nice, you just drop it and it shoots.
>>
>>19506679
A little more that that even, seems like it also spams Bloodhound's tactical. I'm guessing since it's Ion in the video, it's most likely meant to shoot fuck off blasts to keep opponents out of an area and let you know where they're relocating to so you can wipe them while they're healing
I don't think Blisk will be coming anytime soon tho, Valk or Seer seems more likely for next season + Ash is coming back as the announcer for the arena mode (TDM and supposedly S&D modes for those who want a break from the BR stuff)
>>
>>19506702
So I'm guessing this is what they're going to be doing instead of TF3?
>>
>>19507632
Funding for it.
>>
>>19507690
FUND IT!
>>
>>19508002
How much funding would it take, exactly?
>>
>>19509944
An inordinate amount. I don't think it's happening.
>>
>>19510973
>I don't think it's happening
Why wouldn't it? Apex makes tons of money, and after 2 games you'd think they know how to fucking advertise it.
>>
File: 20210330202533_1.jpg (385 KB, 1921x1081)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
What the fuck, guys, all these posts and not one mentions Andromeda? I just installed the game and goddamn, I legit did not except this mech design. I don't watch anime so that could ber why, but I love this mech.

>>19402364
Are these still available anywhere or do they also do a one print like Bandai does with their P-bandai?
>>
My God these threads are bad
>>
File: 20210330202535_1.jpg (393 KB, 1921x1081)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>
>>19513475
Most of the posts in this thread are from people who haven't played the game and are just having this big dick-swinging contest with each other. You're one of the few who actually bothered to check it out.
>>
File: 20210330210018_1.jpg (492 KB, 1921x1081)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
>>19513718
if thats true then that sucks. sure, it's a mobile port, but if you're in the U.S. or Asia then you can install it and play a match of either mode. They're giving away "Arthur" to players and he's who I used in the one matched I played and got carried in (because battle royale games are disorienting to me). Cool melee character that just swings his sword and covers a shitton of distance doing so.
>>
>>19513718
Im a firefox stan what more can i say, i stick with that Mech because its more or less the shittiest and i like a challenge
>>
>>19513783
I prefer Chrome myself.
>>
File: ouououg.png (473 KB, 823x746)
473 KB
473 KB PNG
>>
>>19513718
>You're one of the few who actually bothered to check it out.
why the fuck would I install chinkware willingly?
>>
horrible thread so far.
>>
>>19516838
Who cares? You probably bought tons of things from China before your orange surrogate father started using them as a scapegoat for everything wrong in your life.
>>
>>19517344
>Who cares?
You, apparently.
>>
>>19513718
You don't need to play the game to talk about it.
You see, people can actually use their prior experiences and conclude if it worth their time or not.
If you actually wanted to promote it you should have just post robots
>>
>>19517691
>You don't need to play the game to talk about it.
Yeah, but it will result in you saying absolutely moronic shit. What a sorry state of affairs this board is in that someone can make a statement like this and not feel embarrassed about it.
>>
>>19518254
look anon, by watching the game you absolutely won't get all the mechanics it has, yes
but come on, it's a tps battle royale, not 4x strategy, you don't need to think all that hard to get a general grasp of what it plays like
here is random gameplay video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkEykMeiCKk&ab_channel=Steparu
it doesn't look impressive at all, just generic mobile battle royale with twist being mechs
unless it's your first game or something
>not feel embarrassed about it.
what is there to be embarrassed about exactly? that I have basic experience with videogames?
or that I asked to post actual robot if you plan to shill this garbage - at least do it right
>>
>>19443637
I would love to, if it wasn't a ps exclusive
>>
>>19518326
Whatever.
>>
I am ecstatic to play an emcha battle royale.
>>
>>19521298
I have a lot of sense when it comes to these things. If it has mecha, I don't play it. Mecha games are never good.
>>
>>19517344
like it or not, chinese software have always been littered to hell with adware and un-uninstallable bullshit and had a reputation as such before your sorry ass is even born, but you don't know shit nor have individual thought so you bring up the orange man unprovoked while blaming OTHER PEOPLE for being obsessed with said orange man.
t. chinaman who used chinese softwares
>>
>>19521899
This is probably the best one I've played.
>>
>>19525900
And likely the only one you've played.
>>
>>19518254
People on /m/ have been complaining about shows they never watched, and praising shows they never watched as long as I have been on the board.
>>
>>19527305
Myself included. I've lost count of how many times I've called Turn A the best Gundam series despite never having watched a single episode.
>>
>>19369805
Downloaded this last night after seeing the thread. Played a few rounds. It's pretty alright though it has some serious jank; one of the worst parts is that you can't change your refresh rate until after finishing the tutorials so you get stuck at playing at 30fps instead of 144fps. I'm also pretty sure that at the moment I'm fighting mainly bots with a small handful of humans, if I'm even fighting humans at all, as people just stand around and shoot at you instead of moving and shooting. It might pick up if I get further though, might give it a few hours. The menu feels like it was lifted straight out of Mobile Legends with how many buttons that give you free shit there are. Also, the DVA rip-off mech seems OP if you're any good with a mouse.
>>
>>19530228
Oh yeah, the opening song is basically a rip-off of Gunpla Builders Season 1
>>
>>19530238
Haven't heard anyone talk about Gunpla Builders in a LONG time.
>>
is it just a battle royale? there's 1000-500 players on steam, but i don't know if it'll have the staying power.
>>
>>19527305
There is a difference between show and a videogame tho.
Comparison doesn't work out.
>>
oof this thread, but yeah the game is surprisingly fun.
>>
>>19535328
shoo, dumb shill
>>
>>19381684
Armored Core battle royale sounds awful.
>>
>>19535394
So did a Tetris battle royale, and that turned out to be the best Tetris game ever made. I trust From Software to make it work.
>>
>>19535373
shoo, dumb multi-chin
>>
>>19530238
same composer so that's why

>>19534304
it's a mobile game first, so it'll have players regardless as long as you play the battle royale mode
>>
servers being in chiner don't help with the ping sometimes

however saving 20k for a mech takes a while but doable but it's just the fucking skins look too damn good

also go to training mode and you can play with all the mechs if you then bitch about them here
>>
File: 75980971_p0.png (500 KB, 1500x2000)
500 KB
500 KB PNG
>>19513475
my guy
>>
>>19536252
I am genuinely surprised there is actually fanart of this game.
>>
>>19536062
There are other modes? I haven't tried the game yet because I've been busy.
>>
>>19536666
there's quite a few modes
>>
>>19537284
What other modes are there?
>>
>>19540519
battle royale and uh... battle royale but every gun is a rocket launcher and uh... yeah...
>>
>>19536256
There's probably more bilibili and weibo if you're willing to dig pas the great firewall, usually the case with these chinese games. Probably the only places you could grab the official illustrations from without ripping them from the game too
>>
>>19540632
Oh, so it's like Fortnite.
>>
>>19540519
there's team deathmatch too. 8 on 8 i think?
>>
>>19541804
Is it still played on the BR map, or does it have its own?
>>
>>19543124
It has it's own smaller maps, it's 5v5
>>
>>19375592
You just have to charge a meter to call your mecha. It only takes about 2 minutes from the start of the game. After that there is a 40 second cooldown if you are shotdown or a 7 second cooldown if you manually get out. Average game length is 17 mins. You get a lot of mecha time.
>>
>>
>>19545388
Best girl
>>
>>19547770
That's no girl. That's a Gundam.
>>
>>19550938
You idiot. Not every mecha is a Gundam.
>>
>>19550938
>>19551796
I haven't seen this kind of thing happen in a LONG time.
>>
What the fuck is your picture?
>>
>>19554473
Every once in a while dome dipshit from /b/ wanders in.
>>
>>19557037
Then it's our job to correct them and send them on their way.
>>
>>19557713
In a world like this, how can you truly know what is and isn't correct? It's all opinions.
>>
>>19561230
Congratulations on using a lot of words to say nothing at all.
>>
>>19563519
>>19561230
>>19557713
>>19557037
mental illness
>>
>>19369805
>phoneshit
>chinkshit
Nah.
>>
>>19563601
And yet you use a phone. Curious.
>>
>>19563688
What I'm curious to know is why anyone would play this when Apex exists.
>>
>>19564702
and apex is a chink shill too
>>
File: file.png (2.52 MB, 1461x824)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB PNG
been playing it since the first PC server, not merging it with the steam version is dumb but oh well.
>>
No interest in the game itself, but this seems interesting to me.
>>
>>19566665
i like it
>>
>>19566665
>>19567836
Never heard of KAIYODO.
>>
>>19569353
It's a figure company.
>>
>>19569353
That company which makes Revotech figures.
https://kaiyodo.co.jp/
>>
>>19369805
You spend most of your time running around as a human.

It's shit.
>>
>>19572643
When the only criticism you can come up with for the game is a lie, perhaps it's time to step back and realize you're the bad guy in this situation.
>>
>>19572967
why do you talk like such a gigantic faggot
also stop necrobumping this shit, people are clearly not interested
>>
>>19572997
Aaaand now you're dropping slurs. I wonder why bad people never realize that they're bad.
>>
>"People are not interested!"
>Said without irony in a thread with 257 posts of discussion
>>
>>19575389
Sh-shut up. Don't you know I decide who is interested in things?
>>
>>19386533
>new Battle Royale game gets released
>Streamers buzz around it and make children infest them
>Game becomes extremely toxic
>devs realize their game got attention then turn microtransactions shit to extremes
Battle Royale gets hate because it always the same shit
>>
>>19575389
>257 posts of discussion
>so let me necrobump once again just in case someone else wants to discuss in my shill thread
>>
>>19579644
>>Game becomes extremely toxic
This is not a real problem btw.
>>
>>19579682
He only threw it in there so he can have an extra excuse to shit on the game. You know he doesn't care.
>>
>>19579934
I AM THE ARBITER OF QUALITY! NOT YOU!
>>
>>19582291
Foids?
>>
>>19575389
>>19582291
You can stop now, you are starting to look really pathetic.
>>
the show is predictable and shit, so you are actually right
>>
>>19584783
Apparently he shouldn't have said foids.
>>
>>19585906
Consent is literally the key to making a good game like this.
>>
>>19584783
>>19585906
>>19588416
I think he meant Zoids, and deleted the post when he realized his mistake.
>>
>>19590635
stop bumping this shit, pathetic shill
>>
>>19590986
Who are you?
>>
>>19591043
No answer...
>>
>>19593620
I NEED TO KNOW WHO THAT WAS
>>
>>19595889
You and me both, buddy.
>>
>>19591043
>>19593620
>>19595889
>>19597700
All of you. Shut up and get back to talking about the game. Does anyone want to fight me?
>>
Game's on the "Top New Releases" section of Steam for March 2021. Surprisingly, it's a huge success. I guess this thread did a good job of spreading the word.
>>
File: file.png (112 KB, 748x173)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>>19602258
I don't think so chang.
>>
>>19602675
Nice!
>>
where is the /m/ clan?
>>
>>19604621
Oh, that would be Hotglue.
>>
Been having a lot of fun with this game, especially in squads since I got a bunch of friends playing

The community is so tiny that you very quickly start to see the same people across games and recognize names as people to watch out for and take seriously, which is comfy in a way but also a testament to how small the playerbase is, and I don't realistically see it growing much
>>
>>19606585
Hopefully the developers are keeping their expectations reasonable, there's a lot of saturation in this market.
>>
>>19609781
Hmm, I don't even know who they are.
>>
>>19611291
NetEase is quite literally one of the biggest game companies in the world. They make more money than Nintendo because of the sheer amount of games they have a stake in. You know how people like to complain about Tencent buying everything? NetEase is another company like that.
>>
>>19369805
it's the best BR on the market right now even though it's terribly optimized for PC

literally fortnite on crack
>>
File: image-asset.jpg (169 KB, 1200x628)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>19369805
game needs a general on /vg/ badly

we could even make a clan and everything
>>
>>19613905
I'll go start one.
>>>/vg/333438802
Here ya go.
>>
>>19614720
Well that didn't last too long.
>>
>>19615498
/vg/ is too fast for a game played by two people.
>>
>>19617014
No one asked you.
>>
>>19619491
Stop bunping this shit you dumb shill.
>>
>>19369805
Holy shit... this started in 2019 and is still going.
>>
>>19375579
The porn company?
>>
>ghostbumping
>again
>>
File: file.png (23 KB, 467x353)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
why is this shit allowed?
>>
File: file.png (10 KB, 532x161)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
do your fucking job jannitards
>>
>>19419553
There needs to be more super robot anime, shit like Gurren Lagann would save it but at the cost of having dbzspics invade your once niche genre.
>>
>>19637981
Is there someone ghostbumping the thread?
>>
>>19646166
>no discussion whatsoever
>thread is somehow still alive
what do you think
>>
I didn’t know this thread was practically 80 days old until I saw the top of the thread. Jesus. Although a layzner thread of mine lasted for about practically the same time but it was mostly regarded to on and off discussion

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.