[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Galient.jpg (19 KB, 272x365)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
I finished it a few days ago. I thought it was just ok, but the ending seemed weak. What did you guys think about it?
>>
Deleted the series before even starting it. Skimmed through some eps and it just didnt seem worthwhile.
>>
>>19268350
It's on my watch short list
>>
>>19268350
I enjoyed it a lot but you could tell it got cancelled and they didn't have any time to really do anything satisfying with what they had set up. The last two episodes legitimately feel like they crammed 20 episodes+ into two.
>>
>>19268476
The absolute state of /m/
>>
What about the OVA?
>>
The first several episodes have an amazing sense of adventure, almost like a mecha version of Future Boy Conan, but then it stagnates around episode 10 and never really recovers.
>>
>>19268906
The first two episodes are pretty solid recaps. The third is a reimagining (without the ayylmaos IIRC) with some of the best designs of the 80s
>>
File: 1609673784229.jpg (75 KB, 600x800)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>19268476
Fucking lol
>>
File: Galient 13.jpg (158 KB, 720x996)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
So the series had mecha designs by Okawara, and the OVA had redesigns by Izubuchi?
>>
>>19268942

Everything except the lead mech of the TV series is by Izubuchi.
>>
>>19268350
There's no ending! The bad guy gave up for no apparent reason. There wasn't even a final battle with him!
I mean, think about it. He just went:
> "Okay, I give up."
> "We ALL give up."
> "Here's your mom back. Bye."

...What? At least the OVA had a more complete story.
>>
>>19269324
>The bad guy gave up for no apparent reason. There wasn't even a final battle with him!

Did you even watch the show? He never had a grudge against Joldy, or any of Arst. He was trying to free his people, to bring life back to his civilization. And he failed. He thought he could triumph with power alone, he misjudged how cruel the council really was, that they would rather destroy an entire planet before letting free will spread. Instead of saving his people he doomed his entire homeworld to certain death. So he decided to die with them, but again, his conflict was never against the people of Arst, he didn't want them to be destroyed along with him, so of course he let them return. Even if the series was twice as long, there never would have been a "final battle."

I know it's not a great series, but is it really that hard to understand?
>>
>>19268350
Takahashi's worst show, and simultaneously his funniest, if only for the fact that he makes a ten year old act exactly like every other protagonist he ever used. The man just doesn't know how to make a show that revolves around someone other than a grizzled, PTSD-addled combat veteran
>>
>>19269458
Jordy acts like a retarded kid all of the time tho. Almost as bad as Katz, ffs.
>>
>>19268907
I agree but I remenber being invested longer than that.
I think the best part was the siege arc, but I admit I can't remenber which episodes they were.
In any case, it's worth a watch.
>>
File: Galient0151.png (740 KB, 1354x2055)
740 KB
740 KB PNG
>>
File: Galient0148.png (659 KB, 1328x1986)
659 KB
659 KB PNG
>>
File: 1520743721468.jpg (167 KB, 925x1920)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>19268476
Now this is speedwatching!
>>
File: DjHjJuTUUAARxLV.jpg (124 KB, 900x1200)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>19272495
>>
The first five or so episodes are slow, but the narrative pace kicks in high gear after that, and I love it.

I wish the second half of the series hadn't been cancelled, because where the show ends feels like the setup for a great second half that never was.
>>
>>19268350
I'm still surprised that kind of ending didn't had any named character dying.
>>
>>19269436
Honestly I think Galient has one of the more interesting villains out of any show from that time. His grand goal of revitalizing the galaxy by disrupting their utopian but stagnant and dying society is pretty captivating.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.