[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (65).jpg (75 KB, 616x353)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
I've played every Armored Core, is Daemon x Machina worth getting?
>>
It's pretty good and you'll surely get a kick out of what it's doing and how legally distinct totally not Armored Core it plays at.

But it's also a full on OOPS ALL BIPEDS sort of game.
>>
>>19265298
Not OP, but are there at least reverse joints?
>>
>>19265370
100% normal joint legs.
A wide variety of, but all are straight legs of some sort.
>>
you should be warned it feels a LOT different from Armored Core. it feels more similar to a dragon ball game instead
>>
>>19265535
You say that like 4Answer doesn't give you an exploding ki burst attack.
>>
>>19265569
at least 4 answer doesnt just let you fly and zig zag 24/7
>>
It's pretty decent if a bit simplified, especially when it comes to melee.

I wouldn't buy it full price but it's fun enough, I've sunk a good hundred hours into it and still have stuff to do on it.
>>
>>19265399
>>19265370
Only ones even slightly close would be the Zeruchweiss legs.
>>
>>19265582
Yeah, I could play it slow in 4A... OR I COULD USE THE QUICKBOOST BUTTON.
>>
>>19265569
FA has a weight and momentum to the movement. It actually feels like you're maneuvering with thrusters and it's not just instantaneous velocity shift, due to careful tuning of animations, sound effects, camera movement, and how input itself is handled. DXM honestly just feels like you're making the coordinates of your Arsenal change depending on what direction you press. There is no consequence to flying forever, no weight at all, no sense of speed, no gravity, nothing.
>>
>>19265569
Did you read nothing about how the tech works? PA is kind of like a shield from Halo but effectively radioactive/poisonous. This is just reversing it and sending it outwards instead of slowing projectiles with it.
>>
>>19265913
And it's still an exploding aura attack, considering its combat applications. Exerting one's energy in an outward burst, it's just that in this case the energy being sent outward isn't some inner spiritual force but rather a barrier bubble that's technically already externalized to begin with.

Also, Primal Armor sincerely draws more from the I-Field of Universal Century era Gundam, being a energized particulate barrier system that is nigh-impermeable to specific weapons yet nowhere near as effective against others (PA's particular niche being that kojima particles in a gaseous state demonstrate solidlike nature when compressed, such as if some relatively massive object were to travel through a space permeated by KP, and even if crashing into the spontaneously tangible shell of KP doesn't stop a projectile with meaningful mass the corrosive nature of KP is expected to do the rest of the job of stopping the attack). Tangentially, the Halo shield is opaque to both ballistics and energy weapons, the two being distinguished by the latter zapping shields far more efficiently than the former (the former picking up the slack in gameplay by dealing far more health damage, thus being far more lethal to unshielded targets).
>>
DLC for it's kinda worthless, it's all cosmetics and emotes, the few mech cosmetics are an all or nothing replacer for the mech's model too.
>>
>>19265896
The difference in FA is, it FEELS like you just went wide open throttle for a second when you hit R2, instead of just feeling...bad.
>>
>>19269071
>the DLC is worthless superficial cosmetics
>meanwhile the content that you'd expect to be behind a season pass is free

Wait a minute I recognize this song and dance, this is the games as a service model!
>>
you shouldn't buy it for more than 5 dollars
>>
>>19269122
Eh, not really, all the worthwhile stuff they've added like bosses, modes, new weapons and mech parts has all been free.

It's just got an obnoxious amount of cosmetic DLC, for some reason.
>>
>>19269126
>buying things
>ever
>>
It's fine, but it's not Armored Core 6, which seems to be one of the biggest reasons for burnout.
>>
>>19265244
This is on PC right? Does it have gundam mods?
>>
>>19269236
Don't think so, you can mod in the official DLC that has Eureka Seven and Code Geass mechs.
>>
anyway to mod the music in this game?
>>
File: NGZ7T1U.jpg (174 KB, 640x905)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
I enjoyed it.
>>
>>19270060
Bitches be dead crazy.
>>
>>19270060
Wait is that ass from the middle girl? It looks like she's bending her spine
>>
>>19270867
Pretty sure it's the one on the right who probably doesn't have a spine.
>>
>>19270060
imagine the smell
>>
>>19265955
Yeah, and i-field stuff is based on the hell-stories of air to ground warfare failures in Angolia due to the high mineral deposits that made the ground get REALLY FUCKING HOT and made both radar and thermally guided weapons useless. This happened again in vietnam.

Lots of people were beating off to the idea of dogfights sticking around and of radar being something you could just fuck up, forcing "gentlemanly duels" of WWI dogfighting in fighters.

They were wrong, but the romance of the concept stuck around.

Kojima particles are shown as spheroid lattices which collapse back and are held open with a normal with a 3D expression of the perpendicular distance of a point/line system as seen in Deming regression, calculable using Euclidean geometry. In plain English, they correspond to x-boson behaviour in GUT physics and are an attempt to explore what the real consequences of minovsky particles would be if they had all of their positive properties (degeneracy, photon refraction, wavelength displacement, etc) so they act as a foil for minovsky physics in Gundam.
>>
>>19272791
>In plain English
>they correspond to x-boson behaviour in GUT physics
I appreciate you explaining this though anon very cool
>>
>>19270929
Oh ok that makes sense that's hot
>>
>>19265244
WE WILL NEVER get another AC game

fucking fuck
>>
File: armored core 4 002-B.png (295 KB, 558x470)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
>>19274595
Favorite NEXT and you can't even use it

fuck
>>
File: Armored Core 4 exavil.jpg (267 KB, 600x600)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>19274595
>>19274597

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.