[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 69 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dog tank.png (1.05 MB, 1920x1080)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
Digimon Thread
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggZO1HYyTyI
Ep 32 preview
>>
https://withthewill.net/threads/adventure-guide-listings-for-episodes-31-through-35.25086/
Episode 32- Soaring Hope
Takeru Takaishi and Patamon are being chased by a single Fangmon and are trying to escape through a wide, grassy plain, when they are saved by Taichi riding on a Komondomon. Patamon says that he's unable to evolve to Angemon because his battle with DarkKnightmon has exhausted him. However as they get back on Komondomon [guide text says Fangmon in what is likely a typo] and depart, they are attacked by two Fangmon being led by a giant Cerberumon. The Fangmon's speedy attacks and Cerberumon's powerful Hellfire come down on them, but they make Komondomon roar off noisily and try to shake them off. MetalGreymon and Garudamon also face down the enemy, but...

Episode 33- The Light After the Dark
Taichi keeps fighting in order to save his younger sister Hikari from DarkKnightmon. Hikari is the partner of the other holy Digimon. Just when they at last meet up with Hikari and DarkKnightmon once more, Taichi challenges him to fight. However, Hikari does not take Taichi's hand and appears to willingly allow herself to be absorbed into DarkKnightmon's body.

Episode 34- Hikari and Tailmon
The eight Chosen Child and the eight Digimon have at last gathered together. The awakened Tailmon acts like Hikari's knight, and orders Komondomon to hurry at once to the land where Millenniumon is contained, Furga (ファーガ). In their rush to Furga, Komondomon rides a rough ocean current to move through water. Along the way, they visit a gigantic underwater city where MarineAngemon and other water Digimon live. Danger was approaching the underwater city. As if a sign of Millenniumon 's revival, Digimon all over began turning violent.

Episode 35- Glittering Angewomon
>>
Tank dogs best dogs

Everyone post your digi-pets
>>
I rewatched most of Frontier between the last episode of : and this one, have to say it's bizarre going back to all the mute Digimon. Not that it wasn't already, but man. It's so damn weird.

Anyway, finally pulled a Lopmon card from UI, oddly appropriate timing.
>>
File: Deltamon[1].jpg (62 KB, 320x320)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>19264831
>First Gokumon.
>Now, Cerberumon.
My favs keep appearing, this is nice.
>>19264834
I wish Deltamon appeared more in games, besides being a collectible medal, for once.
>>
File: Ep 32 preview.jpg (278 KB, 1280x720)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>>
File: ErVJT-2VkAAh1R6.jpg (681 KB, 1500x1500)
681 KB
681 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/candytoy_c/status/1348064277303758849
>>
File: ErVJT-_UUAAs4UC.jpg (745 KB, 1500x1500)
745 KB
745 KB JPG
>>
>>19264834
Angewomon.
>>
>>19264902
>No Palmon.
Sad.
>>
So have they updated the opening at all?
>>
>>19264920
no
>>
>>19264890
still cant belive this guy is only a champion level
>>
>>19264937
it does mean that he's the best Adult for Orochimon though
>>
>>19264938
Or Kimeramon, MegaSeadramon or SkullGreymon.
That's what I like about it, that it can push in such different directions naturally
>>
oh thank god a place I can talk about digimon without have to constantly see wargreymon balls

Man is Jobber Force is already working this well and killing all these other megas how strong is terra force tornado gonna be
>>
File: evolution.png (3.18 MB, 1200x1800)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB PNG
>>
>>19265009
>oh thank god a place I can talk about digimon without have to constantly see wargreymon balls
Yeah, the /a/ thread was extra unbearable this week
>>
>>19264831
So it's pretty much confirmed that DarkKnightmon is Tailmon then. That's actually a pretty neat idea.
>>
>>19265009
>>19265067
What is it about Digimon threads on /a/ that ALWAYS end up as a complete trainwreck?
>>
>>19265054
That Digimon comparison is wrong: it's missing a Numemon branch.
>>
>>19265009
>how strong is terra force tornado gonna be
You already saw it on his "first" debut
>>
>>19264831
>The awakened Tailmon acts like Hikari's knight
I see what you guys did there. Glad to see some confirmation.

>>19265122
>Digimon threads
>on /a/
There's the problem.

>>19265215
I think he meant Brave Tornado.
>>
>DarkKnightMon is Tailmon
I have numerous questions
>>
>>19265320
Seems like Tailmon is trapped inside MoonMillie. DK being Tailmon would be fucking moronic.
>>
How is Digimon /m/?
>>
>>19265326
cope
>>
>>19265368
>he never watched Xros
>>
File: XrosWars.webm (2.38 MB, 640x360)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB WEBM
>>19265368
>>19265376
>>
>>19264890
>>19264937
Deltamon only has a chance of getting in if they decide to throw in Chimeramon - both being chimeras, it makes the best prevolution for the thing there is outside of "one of the components". Otherwise, they've forgotten about it, and what a goddamn shame that is.

Deltamon, Tuskmon, and EX-Tyrannomon are the real losers of the original wave of Digimon, aren't they? Tuskmon and Deltamon got shit on and turned into an MotW in 02 and then basically forgotten about (Tuskmon at least got to cameo in an Adventure: episode, though it got treated like fucking dogshit garbage there), and poor EX just hasn't been in any fucking thing at all in ages.

They're all from Ver 5, too, aren't they.

>>19265326
See >>19264831

>The awakened Tailmon acts like Hikari's knight

fucking KNIGHT
>>
>>19265619
That doesn't exclude it from being an utterly braindead reveal.
>>
>>19265632
You're just upset that someone predicted it weeks ago.
>>
File: 4567891230.jpg (75 KB, 1200x400)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>
>>19265619
Also, don' forget about poor ole Gorimon
>>
>>19265770
I'm upset at the stupidity of it, not the prescience of an Anon.
>>
File: ErMH_A_U0Aghi_T.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>
File: ErMH_A_VcAEdhIG.jpg (111 KB, 1920x1080)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>
File: Digimon 2021.jpg (164 KB, 1127x650)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>
>>19265301
>I think he meant Brave Tornado.
Yeah, they already showed it, it's a Done deal
>>
>>19265376
>>19265572
How is Digimon Adventure /m/?
>>
Uhh, are we going to have time for alternate ultimate evolutions if at all if they’re going this slow to introduce ultimate evolutions for everyone?
>>
>>19265985
It’s honestly one of the best “Kids collect and fight monsters” type shows ever done. It’s a legitimately good series.
The dub is terrible though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D46-dK38GPo
>>
>>19265985
More than you think
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5QXzOxcN3J4&t=2m13s
Also, software is as important as the hardware. Stop complaining.
>>
>>19266033
Sorry I just realized you meant the new series, not 01.
Haven’t seen the new one.
>>
>>19265809
What’s stupid about it?
>>
>>19265807
Gorimon wasn't from the original Digital Monster run, he was from Ver S. Digimon from Ver S go all over the place - on one hand you have Tailmon, Angewomon, and Ladydevimon, and on the other hand you have Gorimon, Mekanorimon, and Gokimon.
>>
>>19265326
I read that as Donkey Kong and was extremely confused for a second
>>
File: ErQ1bp6WMAIPFRY.jpeg.jpg (192 KB, 1102x1285)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
Honk honk
>>
>>19266218
I don't know. It just seems rather dumb to me, I'm not sure why.
>>
>>19266224
Yeah, you're right. It's just that I brought him up because he barely appeared on the show and dropped off the face of the Earth, including the games after the WonderSwan Color, compared to others
>1 sec. cameo in Adventure.
>1 episode in Zero Two.
>Cannon fodder in Savers.
>>
>>19266243
Because that would mean that we've had precisely four fucking villains who have said more than a single word, one of whom was brainwashed, one of whom lasted a single episode, one of whom said barely anything, and one of whom was actually a good guy.

Which would mean that the only actual, non-forced-into-it full villain we've had who wasn't a blithering fucking idiot was fucking Minotaurmon.
>>
>>19266676
He had an episode of Tamers, too. A bigger role than he had in 02 even.
>>
>>19265009
>wargreymon balls
???????????
>>
>>19265993
its 66 episodes. we arent even half way through
>>
>>19266679
Plus a few other problems:

-Characters get split up constantly
-Secondary cast is banished to Earth to "do stuff" where they barely matter and stare at a computer. Very exciting stuff. If they had to go to Earth, at least have them talk to their families or something for some character development.
-Despite having a more concrete set of goals, it somehow feels more aimless that the original show.
-Most villains are fucking mute, hell so are most normal Digimon. I know it's a plot point that the Digital World has regressed but it's boring as fuck to make most of them mindless animals.
-It wouldn't kill them to have the villains give us some idea of their basic plans, even if it's not the full plan of whatever the fuck they're doing.
-Barely any breathing room for the characters to do anything other than fight Digimon.
>>
File: ErTS7mhVQAELyjN.jpg (164 KB, 900x930)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>
I miss Shoutmon
>>
>>19264807
Scope... Dog?
>>
>>19267194
More like the head of those Castle in the Sky robots with a char custom horn.
>>
>>19267194
I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who first thought this
>>
>>19267092
The villains in 01 are part of why it’s still well received. They were various and had personality to them. You got good shit like Devimon laughing at his own death, revealing himself as simply as a cog in the machine, and Myotismon actually doing vampire things.
>>
>>19267096
I hate it, just cause my level autism couldn't accept a non-categorized Digimon. It needs to be a Champion or Ultimate or whatever.
>>
>>19267360
Man, just wait for next week's zukan thing
>>
>>19267360
It doesn't have one? Didn't they just go over the Xros Digimon and gave them all levels to make using them less confusing?
>>
>>19267096
It looks like a Tamers/Frontier design
I like it
>>
So do you y'all mainly talk about the Metal Empire digimon here or is this basically a slower version of /digi/?
>>
>>
>>19267458
Digimon got sorta grandfathered here thanks to a combination of Megaman NT being allowed due to it being related to regular Megaman, and Xros having a huge Super Robot influence going on.
>>
>>19267358
>The villains in 01 are part of why it’s still well received
No its not. Devimon only appeared for three episodes and did fuck all but job, while Etemon has an out there personality he had literal fuck all to do with the plot, and I don't think I need to bring up the villains of the last arc.
>>
>>19267092
>>-Characters get split up constantly
Just like the original

>at least have them talk to their families or something for some character development.
That's exactly what they did. We had an episode about their family life

>-Despite having a more concrete set of goals, it somehow feels more aimless that the original show.
This doesn't make any sense. The goal is clear, the set pieces are all in place and the characters knw what they need to do and where they need to go....yet it feels aimless....and I thought /a/ was stupid.

>-Most villains are fucking mute,
Just like the original!

>-It wouldn't kill them to have the villains give us some idea of their basic plans,

All the villains in the original only existed to get the chosen ready to fight Apocolymon...that's literally the reason given in Adventure meaning none of their plans meant fuck all since they were essentially pawns.

>-Barely any breathing room for the characters to do anything other than fight Digimon.
This is the only point I'd agree with but I just know its because you just want CHARACTER DRAMA
>>
>>19267488
Xros Wars is probably quite well liked here then if I had to guess.
>>
>>19265572
>"What if we made a Brave Super Robot Digimon?"
>>
>>19267460
God, I wanna suck on Ranamon's tits.
>>
>>19267367
Oh they did? Cool, now I can watch Xros Wars lol.
>>
>>19266243
It's not like this is the first time a Digimon was corrupted into a vastly different form from normal.

>>19266679
That's a fair argument though.

>>19267625
You could've watched it before. It was a different universe with different rules like Frontier. Retroactively adding standard levels is good for future material, but retroactively made things more confusing.
>>
>>19267460
>A golem, a succubus and a jew.
>Mercuremon is a flaming fag whose beast spirit is the jewish tree of life.
What did they mean by this?
What did they mean by this
>>
>>19267537
>>19267540
Imagine being this dense.
>>
>>19267537
Not really sure how separating the children, beating all the established Digimon at once, and forcing the debut of Angemon is fuck all. He even had influence in 02.
>>
>>19267540
>Just like the original!

So Devimon, Etemon, Myotismon, Piedmon, Puppetmon, Ogremon, and Apocalymon were mute?

Boy are you reaching.
>>
>>19268332
Anon doesn't even understand the aimlessness complaint.

Yes, we have a plotline but the show has been so lackadaisical with it that it feels like nothing's happening.
>>
>>19267092
I think someone on /a/ confirmed that the cast has spent almost more time apart than together compared to the original, and we're not even halfway in.
>>
>>19268332
Most of the MotW were voiceless, just like the new series.
>>
>>19268113
I always wondered how the Evil Spirits would've been designed had they been designed as the Good Spirits in mind and vice versa
Duskmon/Velgrmon being the only one who's actually corrupted never sat right with me as a kid
>>
>>19267360
When I first saw it I thought it was rookie level and much much smaller
>>
>>19266137
>software is as important as the hardware
Except they are not software
>>
>>19268578
Some of them look like they'd still work with some minor tweaks, like the Earth and Water spirits. The biggest problem was that most of the enemy spirits were pretty weak in their human forms.
>>
>>19268567
>Most of the MotW were voiceless,
Most of the Geared Digimon talked
Cockatrimon talked
Most of Etemon's minions talked
Digitamamon talked
Vademon talked
Some of Vamdemon's minions talked
All of the Dark Masters' minions talked
>>
>>19268567
Nice goalpost moving, but >>19268675
>>
>>19267540
>because you just want CHARACTER DRAMA
We want something from the characters, not just drama. We want a reason to care about these characters. The battles mean nothing if it's some Digimon I don't care about fighting another Digimon I don't care about.
>>
>>19268606
Two of the good spirits were pretty weak in their human forms

Ice and Wind were pretty pathetic, and Thunder was bordeline
>>
>>19268334
>Yes, we have a plotline but the show has been so lackadaisical with it that it feels like nothing's happening.
Again what the fuck is your dumbass talking about. Learn what aimless is before spouting stupid shit.
>>
>>19268332
So those are the only villains in the Adventure now?

Boy you are reaching.
>>
>>19268819
>We want a reason to care about these characters. The battles mean nothing if it's some Digimon I don't care about fighting another Digimon I don't care about.
That's really your dumbass problem
>>
>>19268327
>Not really sure how separating the children, beating all the established Digimon at once, and forcing the debut of Angemon is fuck all
He did the latter two in one episode so where was he in those 13 episodes prior?
>>
>>19268675
>Most of the Geared Digimon talked
Nope

>Most of Etemon's minions talked
Nope

>All of the Dark Masters' minions talked
Nope
>>
>>19264831
>Always wanted DarkKnightmon to become a good guy at some point
>This shit happens
Can't tell if its a monkey's paw or not
>>
>>19268987
How has Colon not been aimless? From Nidhoggmon to WaruSeadramon was notorious for this. You had episode after episode of nothing actually happening.
>>
>>19269028
>You had episode after episode of nothing actually happening.
Just like the original!
>>
>>19269042
Can you actually argue the point and not deflect onto another topic? Judging by your responses in this thread, I think that question's already been answered.
>>
>>19269026
It's a Lightning Paw
>>
File: ErFTkbyU0AACo21.jpg (146 KB, 1200x800)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>
>>19268990
>wanting characterization is dumb
This is what Colon fans actually believe.
>>
>>19269075
I'm not even sure this guy's a Colon fan considering he can't even come up with any reasoning for his posts. Looks like someone being contrarian for the sake of it.
>>
>>19269005
Why are you lying?
>>
>>19269005

Mermon
Andromon
Monzaemon
Elecmon
Kokatorimon
Datamon
Demidevimon
Phantomon
Bakemon
Numemon
Warmonzaemon
Scorpiomon
Gekomon
Shogungekomon
Gazimon

I can keep going, honestly. That’s just who comes to mind.
>>
>>19269084
*Meramon

Also I just remembered Divermon
>>
>>19267360
Adult. It's going to be that one thing from Metal Empire that they mysteriously spoilered, the missing Data Adult, which just so happens to lead into Locomon, a Data Perfect.

>>19267625
The levels given to shit will make absolutely no goddamn sense if you're watching Xros Wars, do not bother with it under that logic. Just accept that in Xros Wars, Digimon don't have levels, much like you would accept that in V-Tamers a Perfect can not only beat up an Omegamon, but then beat up a thing that beat up that Omegamon as well. Or that time in Tamers that three Perfects absolutely shitcanned an Ultimate. Or, like, a lot of random horseshit from Frontier.

>>19269005
>Nope

Meramon, Andromon, Monzaemon, and Leomon all talked. It was usually stilted or obviously off (Monzaemon as the exception, with it the point was the disparity between what it was saying and its actions), but they were all not literally just roaring at shit all the time.

Unimon did not because they characterized it with a scene before it got Geared (the dub gave it dialogue but >dub). Yukidarumon and Centarumon didn't because they characterized them AFTER they got Geared, and Yukidarumon spends like a minute and a half at most with a Gear. Mojyamon is basically the one exception.

That arc also had Bakemon, Scumon/Tyumon, and Ogremon, who all had no Gears and were acting as villains anyway, and who were all not only speech capable but at least capable of some thought.
>>
>>19269084
>>19269088
Don't forget that one Hagurumon that some fucking how was in charge of a bunch of Mugendramon's operations.
>>
>>19269079
Is Colon so bad that no one can offer a legitimate defense of the show?
>>
So this guy defending this show is just shitposting, right?
>>
>>19269131
I pesronally don't think it's THAT bad, but this guy clearly isn't actually trying to argue for Colon but rather against Adventure.

>>19269135
Has to be.
>>
Yagami Taichi here.
>>
>>19269131
I mean, there are some good things. About half of the music is really good, for one, and unlike most Toei productions only about 5/6ths of the show looks like absolute dogshit ass - it has actual fucking sakuga even sometimes. Not that they use that animation for much given the awful fight choreography but it does sometimes look really good. Most of the new Digimon associated with it are pretty good too.

It's not "Royal Knights Arc of Frontier" level. Or Xros Hunters tier. (Though Hunters had fucking incredible fight choreography and I wish they brought those people back at least)
>>
>>19269084
>Elecmon
Never geared

Also most of what you said weren't MotW. PicoDevimon was Vamdemon's right hand, Phantomon was his strongest subordinate, etc.
>>
>>19264902
>chibi patamon
>nothing changes
Why bother?
>>
>>19269388
>the villains were voiceless!
>okay, most of the MOTW were voiceless
>okay, a minority of the MOTW were voiceless
You're boring.
>>
File: ErYGnAhW8AEqSXI.jpg (173 KB, 595x777)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>
>>19269388
>All the villains were mute
>Well I didn’t mean the main villains
>Well I didn’t mean the ones you listed
>>
File: Metal Empire.jpg (229 KB, 1050x1149)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
Not that this was unexpected, but hey, at least it got put in the Reference Book.
>>
Making Tailmon show up as a corrupted evil digimon and having it be fucking SkullKnightmon of all people instead of the obvious LadyDevimon is such a weird move I have to respect it if true
>>
File: MetalGarurumon.jpg (363 KB, 3103x2736)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
Leave Millenniummon to me
>>
>>19269592
Yeah, it's weird. I thought they'd do something unexpected with DKmon since they gave him a voice filter but that's still so weird.
>>
>>19269592
Yeah, it seems very odd considering they’re so unrelated. Making Ladydevimon a big bad and Tailmon would’ve been more interesting.
>>
>>19269632
I get why they didn't do it, since Lady would be to obvious. People were assuming Angemon was Devimon after all. They should have made some new evil beast or female digimon for this, because Darknightmon feels completely out of place for this sort of thing.
>>
>>19269576
What are those 3 Digimon in the top row?
>>
>>19269639
But considering she was a very popular but shortly lived 01 villain, it would’ve been well received regardless to not only make her a main villain, but add a twist that connects her more to Angewomon.
>>
>>19269645
The three forms of Eosmon.
>>
>>19269576
Everyone else thinks it's weird that they don't use Trailmon for a Locomon line, right?
>>
>>19269678
Because they're using the dog bus instead.

But yes, this was absolutely Trailmon's chance to finally make it into a V-Pet, and they absolutely just fucking tossed it out.
>>
>>19269576
they really should swap around Raremon and Kommondomon around on the chart

also man is Jazamon a really poor fit for this chart, though the same applies for the Eosmon line too

>>19269678
>>19269680
honestly at this point I figure there must be some legal issue surrounding the Trailmon considering they haven't been used for anything after Frontier beyond a cameo or two
>>
>>19269985
I feel like if there really was some legal shit they wouldn't get away with cameos either but I don't really know anything either way.

Are legal things common with Bandai's ability to use Digimon anyway? Like, is that why stuff like Dominimon and Regulumon basically don't exist outside the manga?
>>
SkullKnightmon without his theme song is so lame.
>>
>>19269131
Anyone can defend Colon it's just that Nostalgiacucks just wanted the exact same show
>>
File: rqh3g2q9agc41.jpg (61 KB, 1080x822)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>19269404
>>19269507
>Colon is shit because it's a MotW
>So was the original....
>Shut up that doesn't count!

>Colon is shit because some of the monsters are mute
>But that's the same in the original...
>Shut up that doesn't count!
>>
>>19269075
But there is characterization just not the characterization your dumbass wants
>>19269079
Colon is actually popular it's only retarded nostalgiafags like Jacob Chapman, /a/ and the WTW forums who hate on it because it's not a 1:1 remake
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (57 KB, 1280x720)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>19269131
>Looks way better than Adventure ever did
>Digimon has more personality than I'm hungry
>Plot is actually structured unlike the original
>World actually does fell well realized and alive and isn't just random shit scattered about like the original
>Music is solid and doesn't get repetitive

The only defense Adventurefags have for the original was the character drama and that's it they will not defend it's animation or writing because they know those weren't great so they only hate Colon was not being exactly like the original it's gotten so bad that literal fucking autists are complaining that the bad guys are mute of all things.

If you want an a series that cares about Digimon then watch Colon if you only want character drama watch Tri.
>>
File: Tigervespamon.jpg (350 KB, 700x700)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
TigerVespamon is cool, I want to show up in a show one day
>>
Lads, how do I get into Digimon?
>>
File: ErAjwKIXcAAPufa.jpg (314 KB, 960x540)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>
>>19270004
>Are legal things common with Bandai's ability to use Digimon anyway? Like, is that why stuff like Dominimon and Regulumon basically don't exist outside the manga?
People have been saying that for years but seeing how Arkadimon was used with no trouble in both Xros and HM I would say they just don't care and the Xros manga only evolutions are on the refence book and got official levels I would say they just don't care about the others.
Also Trailmon was always weird since there are a lot of variations all with the same name, I can see why they just ignore it in favor of Locomon instead of making any of them the "default"
>>
>>19267540
>at least have them talk to their families or something for some character development.
>That's exactly what they did. We had an episode about their family life
Dude, I'm liking the reboot overall but you are just blindly denying it's faults. We didn't have an episode about the kids family life, we had areally short scene showing the fallout for them in quick succession in an episode about Taichi and Yamatto fighting Devimon's minions, which was also every episode during the split.
>>
>>19270415
>Colon is actually popular
I'd say it's rather divisive.

>>19270425
You really have no idea what you're talking about in the slightest.
>>
>>19270411
That’s makes no sense whatsoever.
At this point I think it’s bait.
>>
>>19270405
>>19270411
>>19270415
>>19270425
You're only telling me that Colon is so bad you can't give a genuine defense of the show so you have to cry "NOSTALGIA IS BAD!" and bitch about previous seasons.
>>
>>19270415
>the WTW forums who hate on it
Anon, you know your show's doing bad if even the WTW forums hate it. The WTW forums defend and forgive the worst installments of Digimon. They were the only ones who still liked Tri even after everyone else shit on it. Losing their good will is losing the last line of defense.
>>
>>19270411
How is it “Shut up it doesn’t count” when they prove you’re wrong and a large amount of them are not mute when compared to Colon?
>>
>>19270952
But they didn't
Most of what they listed weren't even the MotW ones

What about Kuwagamon and Shellmon? Monochromon and Seadramon? LIterally all of Etemon's dinos, his bad Greymon included?
The vast majority of Vamdemon's were mute, only ones like his high ranking subordinates like PicoDevimon, and Phantomon had voices. Meanwhile you have Tuskmon, Snimon, DarkTyrannomon, MegaSeadramon, Raremon, Mammon, etc.
>>
>>19270966
Bitch, you're moving the goalpost. First you said the villains. Then you're saying just the MOTWs. Now you're saying some of them. You're not making any valuable argument.
>>
>>19270966

lol you are something else, man.

Re-read
>>19267540
It wasn’t MOTW, it was “most villains.” You started moving the goalpost the moment you were called out on your bullshit.
>>
>>19270760
>NO U

Great argument
>>
>>19270917
>WTW likes tri but hates Colon
>That means Colon is that bad
>>
>>19270899
See
>>19270425
He literally lists Colon's pros
>>
File: Greymon X.jpg (412 KB, 1280x1801)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>>
File: Garurumon X.jpg (327 KB, 1280x1808)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>
>>19271093
You wouldn't happen to have an Angewomon X with bigger tits?
>>
>>19271074
It's as much as you deserve. You aren't even attempting to make arguments FOR Colon. That suggests you have no actual argument.

>>19271088
Those are terrible "pros".
>>
File: Angewomon X.jpg (459 KB, 1280x1813)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>>19271100
I only have this picture.
>>
>>19270425
>Looks way better than Adventure ever did
No shit. It's been 20 years. Looking better than a toy anime from 1999 is a basic expectation, not something to praise.
>Digimon has more personality than I'm hungry
Give examples.
>Plot is actually structured unlike the original
Hardly. They spend dozens of episodes wading in the water and doing nothing but fighting voiceless MOTWs. And if you say "Just like the original!", then I know you're trolling.
>World actually does fell well realized and alive and isn't just random shit scattered about like the original
No, the world feels boring. It's dull and lifeless with nothing that stands out from all the other Digital Worlds that show up in the Digimon multiverse.
>Music is solid and doesn't get repetitive
Meh. The songs are okay, but they all blend together. The original using Brave Heart every episode was tiresome, but Brave Heart's a fun song. The new songs so far are fine.
>>
>>19271119
>No, the world feels boring. It's dull and lifeless with nothing that stands out from all the other Digital Worlds that show up in the Digimon multiverse.
I don't get why that Anon hates the '99 Digital World for having "random shit scattered about". That added to the weirdness of that particular Digital World, especially during the File Island arc.
>>
File: DkzMyPjUwAAGLhu.jpg (474 KB, 1158x1638)
474 KB
474 KB JPG
>>19270428
Same, but with Ragna Lordmon
>>
>>19271078
WTW's a community with standards so low it likes anything that's shiny and has pictures of Digimon on it. If Colon can't pass that threshold, this show's done something wrong.
>>
>>19271265
Is WtW the arbiter of the Digimon community or something?
>>
>>19271272
>says WtW has extremely low standards
>"you must think WtW is the arbiter of Digimon"
How bad are you at reading comprehension?
>>
>>19271277
You've misunderstood my point. I'm saying why are we using that shithole to judge things? Surely if it has standards that low it's not worth taking seriously at all?
>>
>>19271265
Stop lying. The majority of the userbase being willing to give newer series a fair shot is far different from rabidly loving them regardless of quality. I can't stand that place, but I hate people blatantly lying to defend a shitty argument even more.
>>
>>19271116
>Good animation, music and plot structure are terrible pros

I forgot this is an Adventurefag they only care about CHARACTER DRAMA

>>19271119
>. Looking better than a toy anime from 1999 is a basic expectation, not something to praise.
Except there's shows now that look way worse from shows back then retard its not always that simple the fact remains that there's actual talent on board working on the remake.

>Give examples.
Agumon actually feels like a character and supports Taichi instead of acting like a child who's constantly hungry and poops.

>They spend dozens of episodes wading in the water and doing nothing but fighting voiceless MOTWs.
Wrong.

>No, the world feels boring. It's dull and lifeless with nothing that stands out from all the other Digital Worlds that show up in the Digimon multiverse.
Wrong again

>Meh. The songs are okay, but they all blend together.
How do they blend together?

>>19271121
It was not really consistent and was all over the place.
>>
>>19271283
Then why did you bring it up in the first place?
>>
>>
>>19271290
>I forgot this is an Adventurefag they only care about CHARACTER DRAMA
What on Earth are you on about?

>Agumon actually feels like a character and supports Taichi instead of acting like a child who's constantly hungry and poops.
Did you watch a different version of Adventure to everyone else? Agumon doesn't act like that in '99 whatsoever. The ONLY parts of the original Adventure canon that even treat Agumon like that are tri. and Kizuna, both of them derided for the way they treat the Digimon.

>Wrong
>Wrong again
The fact you can't even attempt to argue against those points suggest you don't actually have an argument in the first place.

>It was not really consistent and was all over the place.
But that was the entire point. The Digital World in '99 was meant to be a surreal world. Colon's Digital World is exactly the same in terms of being inconsistent and all over the place, but aside from very few occasions there's been nothing overtly weird like there regularly was in '99. That's what that Anon meant by dull and lifeless.

>>19271292
You've got me confused with someone else.
>>
>>19271311
>What on Earth are you on about?
This one retard

>>19271311
>Agumon doesn't act like that in '99 whatsoever.
He does. What is his character in '99?

>>19271311
>>The fact you can't even attempt to argue against those points suggest you don't actually have an argument in the first place.
Nah you're just wrong. Next

>>19271311
>. The Digital World in '99 was meant to be a surreal world.
You pulled that shit out your ass

>>19271311
>Colon's Digital World is exactly the same in terms of being inconsistent and all over the place
No its not. everything makes sense and comes into place and above all else it actually feels like a whole new world filled with Adventure.
>>
>>19271384
Are you legitimately so retarded you unnecessarily included a backlink to my post on every single quote you used? One's enough.

>What is his character in '99?
There's no difference between his 1999 and 2020 depictions: he's there for Taichi and supports him like you said. I really don't get why you think there's anything different between the two. As I said, it was his tri. and Kizuna depictions which had that awful character to the point his voice actress even mocked the former for making him a food vacuum.

>You pulled that shit out your ass
The irony of you claiming someone else is doing this when throughout this entire "discussion" you have been doing exactly that.

>everything makes sense and comes into place and above all else it actually feels like a whole new world filled with Adventure.
I struggle to understand how you can think Colon's Digital World makes any sense or "comes into place". It doesn't. And "a whole new world filled with Adventure"? That went out the window around the conclusion of the Tokyo power outage arc, with episode upon episode of one half of the cast sat round a computer and the other half on the back of ElDoradimon blowing up multiple evolutions of Devimon. That's not adventuring in the slightest.

I've noticed you really struggle with providing any sort of evidence for any of your claims. If you could do that and not behave like a brat, I think people wouldn't mock you as much for your utterly moronic opinions.
>>
>>19271410
The fact you can do something as simple as explain Agumon's caharacterization in 99 is proof ebough

>>19271410
>The irony of you claiming someone else is doing this when throughout this entire "discussion" you have been doing exactly that.
Nah you literally did pull it out yout ass/

>stuff

Why is it so apparent that people who hate Colon don't actually watch it?
>>
>>19271416
>disregarding an actual string of episodes as "stuff" because it disagrees with your viewpoint
Yeah, you've completely lost the argument and managed to do so in an embarrassing manner.
>>
>>19271421
>Yeah, you've completely lost the argument
I'll take this as a concession
>>
>>19271425
Nah, you clearly conceded by completely ignoring actual things that happened because they go against your viewpoint. You're amazingly pathetic.
>>
>>19270734
Trailmon's an Adult, Locomon's a Perfect. Logically speaking one probably evolves into the other.

And the thing about the V-Tamers stuff is that it's absurdly inconsistent. Arkadimon's been used again, sure, so has Ulforcev-dramon, so has Holyangemon - rather famously - but Regulumon and Dominimon among other things are still no-shows, it took until fucking New Century for Demon Super Ultimate to pop up again (is it even in the game proper instead of trailer bait at this point, for that matter?), and then there's that very famous and well documented case where the Korean version of Digimon Masters put UlforceV-dramon Future Mode in, after which it was yanked away and never reused.
>>
Jesus Christ, shut the fuck up already. You two autists have been going at it for a few threads, get a fucking room.
>>
>>19271301
>Suzie Wong made her way into the CIA ranks when she became an adult.
>>
File: ErOGrioUUAAP2jL.jpg (596 KB, 2048x1490)
596 KB
596 KB JPG
>>
>>19271547
Wow at least the thread is active, you bitch.
>>
File: hmmm.png (241 KB, 640x480)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
I liked Zero Two and I feel bad the cast and the show overall always get the short end of the stick.
>>
>>19273279
It's not like it's undeserved. 02 is a trainwreck.
>>
>Shits up threads
>A-at least I'm making it active!

Shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>19273588
But you would think that they would do something for it after all these years; a manga retcon, another movie or something.
02 was doomed from the start and everything about it will stay in limbo. You better remember the fallen every time you Jogress in a game or something.
>>
File: Armor Evolution chary.jpg (699 KB, 2048x1807)
699 KB
699 KB JPG
What a wasted concept
>>
File: Motomiya Daisuke.png (771 KB, 3507x2480)
771 KB
771 KB PNG
>>
>>19273921
Real talk, the fact that almost all the Miracles evolutions suck shit except Magnamon bugs the fuck out of me.
>>
>>19273588
they didnt deserve to have their friends and seniors give literally 0 shits about them in tri
>>
>>19273921
>light armor digivolutions are all angels or winged beings
>except for patamon which turns into a fish with boxing gloves
>>
File: Paildramon.png (469 KB, 931x859)
469 KB
469 KB PNG
What are your opinions on this Jogress Digimon?
>>
>>19274100
kinda weird he can just digivolve from xvmon alone
>>
>>19274046
Yes, yes they did deserve it.
>>
>>19274100
Jogress is dumb. It's okay in concept but shit in execution. It should have been a thing the 02 cast used because their Digimon weren't strong enough to go Perfect alone at first. Then later, they should have been able to go Perfect alone. Just with energy from their other component. Like Ken's D3 would shoot energy at XVmon allowing it to go Paildramon alone. Same with Stingmon and Dinobeemon. But 02 fucked up by having so many gimmicks in one show. You had Armors which got shafted, then normal evolution which was just a quick stepping stone, then Jogress which got rid of half the team and then Imperialdramon. It's not like Jogress was shown to be much stronger than regular Perfects. It was just a poorly used gimmick.
>>
File: 103.jpg (105 KB, 694x1004)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>19274100
>>
>>19274178
>It's not like Jogress was shown to be much stronger than regular Perfects
no but in that continuity you cant go higher than champion without crests/miricles from angels or fusion
>>
>>19274188
What was the excuse for the Adventure cast being able to evolve past Adult in Tri and Kizuna? Also, they lost the ability to merge past 02 since it needed Tailmon's ring, which she gets back at the end.
>>
>>19274192
>What was the excuse for the Adventure cast being able to evolve past Adult in Tri and Kizuna?
they writers didnt give a shit
>>
>>19274188
>what is Skullgreymon
>what is Etemon
>what is ANY Perfect or Ultimate from S1 not belonging to the children
>>
>>19274192
The 'losing crests' shit was bullshit 02 made up anyway so Tri and Kizuna ignored it. Ending of original was pretty much about how they always had those virtues and did not need crests and tags.
>>
>>19274100
It's literally a XV-mon wearing a Stingmon's corpse, kind of morbid
>>
>>19274100
Actually loved him, had his action figure as a kid. The Jogress/DNA digivolutions were probably the best aspect of 02. It was a cool concept that actually set 02 apart from 01 in a way that didn’t feel pointless.
>>
>>19274206
>>19274223
>>
File: 51GOvDnJIsL.jpg (63 KB, 500x500)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>19270600
Shows - Watch Adventure, the original show not the 2020 reboot. It's a safe bet and gives you the best idea of what Digimon started as. Or Tamers if you prefer darker themes, or Frontier if you're a fan of Kamen Rider/Super Sentai.

Games - More varied. Digimon World 1 for PS1 is an easy one to emulate and gives a unique slice of that era of Digimon, while being relatively analagous to Adventure in terms of Digimon. It's a raising sim and RPG adventure. 2/3 have no raising and traditional RPG battles. There is also Dawn/Dusk on DS, Next Order for Vita/PS4 (a modern game in DW1 style). And many people really like Cyber Sleuth for modern era games on P4/Vita/Switch/PC, although you're not getting the flavor of what Digimon started as, it's still worthwile and they look dang pretty as a monster collecting RPG with a good story.

V-Pet: Grab a 20th anniversary V-Pet for $20 off Amazon, whichever one appeals to you in terms of colors, and give that a shot if you want the old school Tomogatchi feel that still holds up. I would say ONLY do this if you are watching/finish Adventure, since without context of cool mons it's less fun and the mons covered are from that era. There's about 100 in total to raise! https://www.amazon.com/Digimon-Original-Digivice-Virtual-Monster/dp/B07SS621LR/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=digimon+20th&qid=1610603620&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-1
>>
>>19274009
Shit taste, buddy
>>
>>19273921
The main problem is it’s treated, if anything, like Rookie 1.5. The moment Champion pops up the Armor forms are completely obsolete.
>>
>>19274100
He's great.
Granted that may be the nostalgia talking. Paildramon's debut episode is one of my most vivid/nostalgic memories from when I watched Digimon as a kid.
>>
>>19274401
Except for Magnamon, who's treated like a really strong Perfect or at least Ultimate going by how easy he deals with Kimeramon. Not that it matters because he never shows up again.
>>
>>19274100
>>19274178
Jogress' problem is that ideally Digimon should be designed to look like they can fluidly transition from one stage to the next non jarringly (Sunarizamon being a perfect Child stage for so many Adult Digimon like Golemon, Tortomon, Cyclomon, etc) and to keep the idea that Digimon evolution lines can go anywhere since we're way past the point of dedicated, individual lines
Jogress problem is that for every combination you do, that new Digimon essentially also serves as a natural evolution for either of the two Digimon that fused to make it
>>
>>19274523
Not to mention those Digimon seem to be pigeonholed into those evolutions. Unlike Veedramon, XVmon and the rest of those Digimion don't really have unique evolutions.
>>
>>19274499
You’d think that a form capable of fighting Kimeramon would be used again, but nah, let’s do Champion instead.
>>
File: Digimon Card.png (356 KB, 3507x2480)
356 KB
356 KB PNG
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57SbB8Iskbs
>>
>>19271290
it's fucking retarded how many people complain that a MotW monster fighting shounen is a MotW monster fighting shounen. It's like complaining that super sentai have weekly battles. Go watch another show you dumb cunts let me enjoy my Digimon.
>>
>>19275644
That whole argument was days ago, Anon. Don't need to reignite it.
>>
>>19266238
the chaos recolors from dw2 are seriously underrated
>>
>>19274394
No, you misunderstand, I'm not talking in terms of design. My problem is actually that I love some of those designs. And they're treated like they're fucking nothing.

Like, take Maildramon. It's the evolution of Tailmon, using the Digimental of Miracles. Tailmon is an Adult, and when V-mon uses the Digimental of Miracles he gets something that's variably between Perfect and Ultimate in terms of power, sometimes even really high Ultimate. So it should be pretty fucking strong, right?

It's Adult level.

Rhinomon can cast the endless light, its armor reflects all light based attacks, and it's physically meant to be tough as shit. Adult level. Elephamon can summon a fucking typhoon-tier shockwave, is absolutely massive, and is really fucking fast in spite of that because it has Dom hovering. Adult level. Peacockmon is completely coated in Blue Chrome Digizoid, which is bullshit rare and makes anyone who has it really, really goddamn fast. Adult level. Kongoumon has the same Miracle bullshit Magnamon has. Adult level.

It's super fucking stupid because it devalues the Digimental of Miracles if Magnamon is just this weirdass exception in terms of power. By that logic, if Takeru had found the thing, everyone would have died to Chimeramon in 02 - but you know, I know, and we all know that's a load of shit.

>>19274547
Remember? They fucking sacrificed the Digimental of Miracles to stop that base explosion thing, just like they sacrificed Ken's Crest.
>>
>>19274165
No, they didn't. If the writers didn't want to use the 02 cast, they didn't have to, it wasn't their story. They could have easily written around them the way the majority of 02 ignored the '99 cast for pivotal battles. Instead these hacks chose to write them off in the most malicious way possible, then went out of their way to ignore the implications of that until crunch time during the final movie.

No matter how people feel about 02, you don't remove an issue by bringing undue attention to it.
>>
>>19276409
>They could have easily written around them the way the majority of 02 ignored the '99 cast for pivotal battles.

Literally just go "yeah sorry but like there's at least six other royal knights out there, we were busy" in the last episode, that's all they needed to do.
>>
>>19276862
Its even worse than that though, since none of the cast of tri realize they're friends are missing or even try to contact them. Even when a guy who looks like Ken shows up, they don't do more than a token "Oh, we stopped by his house but no one was home" and never pursued farther or thought "Hey, lets ask Daisuke since hes basically Ken's best friend." or anything close to that.

I really don't like 02, it has numerous things I find wrong with it, but I was still pissed off by how poorly they handled to 02 cast in tri.
>>
>>19276409
Honeslty, all it took was saying something like Daisuke and friend are:

-In some outdoor retreat in somewhere with their Digimon and there's a no phone's or computer policy.
-Dealing with other shit in America so they couldn't help

Honeslty, just establishing they're on their own adventure is good enough.
>>
>>19274100
>>19274233
So was he designed as a toy first? Not complaining, but it seems to really be the case with some of his designs elements working back from kibble on the toy.
>>
>>19277110
A fair number of Digimon are designed as toys first. WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon were both designed with their warp evolving toys in mind first. Paildramon was definitely designed with his toy in mind, since his kibble lets him transform into both ExVeemon and Stingmon. Ditto to most of the Armor forms, Gargomon and Rapidmon, the Fusion forms in Frontier, and all of Shoutmon's fusions.
>>
>>19277186
Honestly I wish that Ice, Thunder and Wind had gotten more toyetic fusion forms

As it stands the Penguin, rhinobeetle and jet fairy with a giant spin wheel look really awkward next to their contemporaries
>>
>>19277236
At least JetSilphymon looks like something that belongs in that line. Daipenmon is just so out of place, and RhinoKabuterimon is somewhere in between.
>>
>>19277310
>At least JetSilphymon looks like something that belongs in that line.
I really don't think it does. The only thing it has in common with the base Spirits is that it's a girl and it can fly. It certainly is closer to what you'd expect than Daipenmon, but that's an extremely low bar.
>>
>There still isn’t a regular Megatheriummon, Irismon, Beatmon, Troiamon or Sphinxmon
Explain this digitards
>>
>>19276144
>No, you misunderstand, I'm not talking in terms of design. My problem is actually that I love some of those designs. And they're treated like they're fucking nothing
How is that different than what I said?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNak5boWPO8
>>
>>19277378
X-antibody wankery takes priority.
>>
>>19274523
>Jogress problem is that for every combination you do, that new Digimon essentially also serves as a natural evolution for either of the two Digimon that fused to make it

It's not a problem, it's a feature. Though I agree that technically speaking, every new Jogress should be a pair like Paildramon/Dinobeemon.

>>19276144
To be fair, Magnamon's fuck strong status carried over from the anime. I'm sure if the other Golden Armor Evolutions were used in the anime, they'd get a permanent lore buff too.

>>19277347
JetSilphymon is more of an evolution of Shutumon than anything, going by the hair and mask. The least they could've done is make her armor pink.
>>
>>19271127
>Jogress between Durandamon and Bryweludramon
>Basically another Omegamon-like Jogress, except the main body looks like Susanoomon dressing up like Alphamon

Neat.
>>
>>19270428
I feel this way about BeelStarrmon and their friends MagnaKidmon and Gundramon.

Either let them play into the whole "badass mercenary gunslinger" motif for all its worth and have them be cool as fuck, or you lean into the opposite end of the spectrum, and have them be Team Rocket/Doronbo Gang-tier funny/incompetent with occasional hype moments.
>>
>>19277549
BeelStarmon is such a shitass concept and design.
Didn't even make her skin blue. Can't even be a shitty genderbent Beelzebumon right.
>>
File: ErxiEseW8AEz1uU.png (548 KB, 768x432)
548 KB
548 KB PNG
>>
File: ErxiEsxWMAEjEBh.png (647 KB, 768x432)
647 KB
647 KB PNG
>>
File: ErxiEqXXIAE5rsg.png (538 KB, 768x432)
538 KB
538 KB PNG
>>
File: ErxiEsqWMAAH_7V.png (626 KB, 768x432)
626 KB
626 KB PNG
>>
Rip to the possibility of new or alternate evolutions
>>
>>19279290
I mean, they clearly showed the Ultimates to us a long time ago, so I'm not sure why people thought that they'd definitely use Blitzgreymon/CresGarurumon aside from the tenuous connection with the card game.
>>
>>19279290
proof?
>>
>>19279335
And, you know, them being in the Digivice as alternates to Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon, which had a bunch of spoilers for the show that have turned out to be accurate.
>>
File: Sakuyamon.full.2397718.jpg (898 KB, 1485x2100)
898 KB
898 KB JPG
sakuyamon best mon
>>
>>19279335
The Perfects' mode changes have features which are at odds with the normal Ultimates, but similar to Blitz and Cres.
>>
>>19277378
The Zs would have been a great place to introduce these. The Ancient Digimon are all featured, and they already filled out a couple weird gaps like Piranimon and Baluchimon. Oh well.
>>
>>19279290
We're literally getting Pegasmon next episode. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>19279358
People always ignore the OG mommynatrix and I think it's unfair.
>>
>>19277236
My issue with JetSilphymon and Daipenmon feel "too modern" to be inheritors of Ancient powers and clash hard with the shared design elements and aesthetic the 10 Legendary Warriors all have
One's literally themed after modern aircraft and the other's an ice maker wielding popsicles
Yes Bolgmon's a robot but it's just a robot and not something specific like say a forklift robot or a crane robot
Just a regular beetle themed robot
>>
>>19277657
It's only shit because we've had basically zero major exposure to the design outside of the two shitty mobile card games. Given a proper showing in an actual game, or an animated appearance, against all odds, and you bet your ass people would enjoy them.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.