[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

i hope with all the stuff supaidaman been getting mayby well gwt more toku realesed in america
>>
>>19124333
We've had official subs direct from Marvel since 2008/9.
You'd get a Disney+ release before Into The Spiderverse 2, before ever getting a physical release.
>>
I suspect people are more interested in the show as a meme than as an actual program to watch. They'll sell shirts and buttons and coffee mugs and Funko pops, but not Blu-rays.

It def won't lead to any other toku getting picked up stateside.
>>
>>19124333
Pacific Rim 2 bombed.
Power Rangers movie bombed.
Power Rangers tv show isn't even close to its old peak.
Gaijins are too busy swimming in their capeshit to even begin to care about Japanese capeshit or Japanese style capeshit.
>>
Would there be complicated rights issues with it? Obviously, Marvel own Spider-Man, but I'd imagine Toei still own the original stuff like Leopardon and Professor Monster
>>
>>19124645
Leopardon and Takuya Yamashiro both are in the Spider-verse comic event, and going to be in the Into The Spiderverse 2 movie, so it doesn't look like there is any rights issue. Otherwise Marvel wouldn't bother.
>>
>>19124333
Is his actor still alive? Would be based to see him in the Spiderverse sequel.
>>
File: Shinji Todo.png (1.94 MB, 1920x1080)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
>>19124696
>Is his actor still alive?
Yes. Last time he was in toku in Sharivan/Shaider The Next Generation in 2014.
>>
>>19124333
Honestly, it’s not that good. Outside of its meme status, it’s very standard Toku without a lot of character to it. The best thing it has going for it are some cool monster designs and the wall crawling stuff.
>>
>>19124639
>Pacific Rim 2 bombed.
>Power Rangers movie bombed.
You’re listing two really shitty movies.
>>
>>19124735
It's an excellent action show. Better than some of it contemporaries like Battle Fever J or Sun Vulcan. MC himself also was the closest to a proper charismatic Kamen Rider toku would get between Stronger and Black.
>>
>>19124783
Eh, I disagree, but to each his own.
>>
>>19124783
>Better than Sun Vulcan
Whoa now.
>>
>>19124639
>Pacific Rim 2
If they would have kept Del Toro as director it would have been much better
>Power Rangers
Movie only bombed because the TV show is bad. The Nu-Saban/Nickelodeon era of the series just drove the entire franchise into the ground. Saban was trying to hard to relive his glory days, but he just couldn't match the quality of the original Saban era, or even the Disney era, and the "Super" seasons just felt like a forced attempt to sell more toys. And now Hasbro just over here trying to pick up the ashes without trying to spend anymore money on it than they have to.
>>
>>19124790
Sun Vulcan is just Goranger with subpar cast and dull villains. Hedrian was much better in Denziman.
Its great soundtrack is pretty much the only spot where show shines.
>>
>>19124791
>Movie only bombed because the TV show is bad
No, it bombed because it looked awful. My friends and I should’ve been the target audience for that film, and none of us cared to go see it. The designs were hideous, none of the characters seemed like their character, and overall it gave off a “We have Bayformers at home” vibe as opposed to a real attempt at adapting Power Rangers.

If they had actually kept the visual sensibilities of the show with a bigger budget and not make everything ugly as shit I guarantee you a lot more people would’ve cared.
>>
>>19124654
>Leopardon and Takuya Yamashiro both are in the Spider-verse comic event
And were really dumb

>Leopardon gets taken out instantly, like all giant robots in US comics
>Gets rebuilt "powered by radiation instead of energy" or some nonsense
>"Takuya, you have a sword that can one-hit kill this thing, why don't you just start with that?" "But... but that's not honorable!"

Though it did include that pseudo-manga short where Supaidaaman kills a villain by crashing his flying car through the window of his base and impaling him against the wall.
>>
>>19124811
Dan Slott used all his good ideas by that point. Not that he was a great writer to begin with.
As >>19124606 said, Leopardon and Takuya Yamashiro are just for the memes to Marvel now. It's not some deep respect they have for the show, and desire to continue its legacy.
>>
>>19124796
(You)
>>
>>19124821
I can give you that it was still better than Goggle V or late JAKQ.
>>
>>19124811
>"Takuya, you have a sword that can one-hit kill this thing, why don't you just start with that?" "But... but that's not honorable!"

I feel like if that was better written, it could have made a decent meta joke about super robot finishing moves.
>>
>>19124882
That would require Dan Slott to care about Super Robots enough to even know that.
Which isn't what he does, nor does the target audience of his comics even know what a Super Robot is.
>>
>>19124882
I think the rest of the scene goes something like
>"Takuya, we don't have time for this, we're in a hurry."
>*pouts, sits back with his arms crossed* "Fine. Leopardon, Sword Vigor."
>*monster explodes*
>"Was that so hard?"
>"Octavius-san, this had better be something important."
>>
>>19124904
>>19124910
What did you even change, that needed to be deleted? You didn't even add a picture.
>>
>>19124696
>>19124704
also popped up in the recent disney+ documentary about the show
>>
>>19124796
every sentai season is just the previous sentai season with different character and theme
>>
>>19124882
>>19124910
This was for the second event, Leopardon did way better in that one.
>>
>>19124791
>Super" seasons just felt like a forced attempt to sell more toys.
More like a way to get around Nick's stupid 20 episode cap they have for some ungodly reason
>>
>>19125235
>every sentai season is just the previous sentai season with different character and theme
If you've actually watched Sentai made before 2008, you'd know it's not the case. Shows can be very different from each other.
>>
>>19124817
>Dan Slott
>Good ideas writing ASM
lol no
>>
>>19124654
>going to be in the Into The Spiderverse 2 movie

Am I the only one hoping he's live action and just green-screened into the rest of the animation?
>>
>>19129730
I hope he isn't in the movie at all. No one in burgerland is going to see him as anything but memes.
>>
>>19124333
>Generation Kikaida has kept up Inuza/kikai/V3 since the 2000's
>The Garo releases
>Shout Favtory's sentai and now rider subs
>Amazons being released worldwide via prime in 2018 after amazon sat on it for two years debating to release the dub or not
>Diskotek's Juspion and space wars armada releases
>fuckin millcreek pumping out ultraman sets like there's no tomorrow
We've been getting more toku reliably for like 4 years you massive cock gobbler.
Sick of this no toku in the west meme.
>>19124540
Actually those were done by toei for the DVD boxset.
>>
>>19130094
Europe gets nothing, so technically the "no toku in the west" is only half dead
>>
>>19129231
He did a good job fitting ideas into old continuity, because he actually read those issues, rather than just wiki reading like most writers.
>>
>>19130094
>Actually those were done by toei for the DVD boxset.
There are no subs on the DVDs.
>>
>>19130247
No, he did a good job having no original concepts and banking off of more famous stories. Adhering to continuity has to also come with you progressing concepts in a meaningful way.
>>
>>19130317
No it doesn't. You continuityfags are the worst. You can just have a nice story that doesn't progress concepts. If you can do that properly, awesome. It's not a requirement for normal people to enjoy a story. The fact that it fits into previous continuity, and doesn't damage it, is the impressive feat.
>>
>>19124333
Are you trying to be cute with that baby talk? Well it's working
>>
>>19129920
Judging by how other Spiders got portrayed in the first Spider-Verse movie, he'll definitely be a caricature.
>>
>>19130182
Didn't Europe have access to uncut toku like sentai and Metal Heroes way before mainland USA did?
>>
>>19130487
Hard to tell when most of them got name changed in various locations like Sharivan's being completely different in France, so I'm inclined to think they're not uncut either. Also still not english subbed versions, because who the fuck is gonna bother learning german just to watch that one dub of winspector
>>
>>19130487
Cali and Hawaii were getting toku in the early 70s.
Kikaider and Kamen Rider V3, and probably a few others I don't remember.
>>
>>19131036
iirc alsoBattle Fever J and (although questionably "toku") Lone Wolf and Cub TV
>>19130487
France had Bioman and... either the one before or after it, I think
>>
>>19130333
...How exactly am I the continuity fag here? You brought up continuity. His “continuity” stories are shit and bank off of “Remember this thing?!” I don’t give a flying fuck about continuity.
>>
>>19124639
gaijin capeshit is now on slow decline, Avengers main storyline is over and they're amping up the muh empowerment so we have a chance on the toku/mecha hoping the Gundam movie doesn't go shit
>>
>>19131793
>hoping the Gundam movie doesn't go shit
GITS was shit, this will be also.
I hope it's not though.
>>
>>19130094
That’s honestly not that much considering the amount of material available. It’s a step forward sure, but it’s mostly stuff that was already touched by fan subs.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.