[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 16 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Beast_Wars_title_logo.jpg (27 KB, 300x225)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
I've almost finished S3 of Beast Wars and was wondering what to watch next. Are the Japanese G1 shows worth watching or should I just watch Beast Wars II/Neo and finally Beast Machines despite the awful reputation? Also general Transformers Thread for recs and discussions.
>>
>>19123064
I heard victory is legit great, head masters and super god masterforce are okay(headmasters does have a hilariously bad English dub that might be fun to watch) and zone is super short but I also heard was quite good
>>
unironically Beast Machines
>>
Beast Machines is pretty good. Most of the hate from it comes out of the hot blooded passion of youth.
>>
>>19123956
>Throws every good character development from the previous show out of the window.
>Weird mech designs that don't go well when made into toys.
>Toy sells are so bad Hasbro releases the Dinobots line with molds from the Neo show from Japan.
>No humor like in BW; takes itself way too seriously.
The previous show had a longer time on air and you could say making a show taking risks is commendable, but you have to be on denial to not recognize the many faults Beast Machines had.
>>
>>19124065
You listed not having BW's bad sense of humor as a negative though.
>>
>>19123064
>>19123956
Beast Machines is good if you can completely ignore its connections to Beast Wars. The way most characters transition into it and are handled by that series often clashes with Beast Wars, so if you can't just look at it as its own thing you'll just be irritated. But if you can separate them it's not bad.
>>
im interested in tf, which series do i watch if starscream is my favourite?
>>
>>19123956
Beast machines is okay as a stand alone show.

It absolutely sucks donkey balls as a sequel to Beast wars.
>>
>>19123064
Animated, RID2015, Cyberverse
>>
>>19125183
Armada
>>19124065
>Throws every good character development from the previous show out of the window.
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dan_didio
>>
>>19123064
I just finished BWII, I thought it was alright but it's the kind of show where you really have to care about the characters more so than the plot. It's pretty episodic early on but the latter batch of episodes are more plot focused.
>>
>>19126659
>didio
Now I'm not surprised by any of this shit.
>>
>>19127035
BWII is a fun watch, and Lio Convoy is one of my favorite Convoy/Prime designs. Still need to get around to Neo sometime
>>
File: 1543699714432.png (177 KB, 179x400)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>19123064
Holy shit, I'm currently binging it too.

You know, before ROOSTERTEETH fucks it up with that show which will not be named.
>>
>>19129600
The show is named Kingdom and it has no connection whatsoever to the original Beast Wars show. It can't "fuck it up". Calm down.
>>
>>19127035
I liked it, but the weakest part was definitely the battles, many of the Japanese shows suffer in that area.
>>
>>19130540
Not even him but it took 5 seconds to google that it's going to be the 25th anniversary of Beast Wars, is the final show in Rooster Teeth's show trilogy, have a split toyline between G1 and BW as well as two new Predacons. He was being hyperbolic but you were being condescending when you had no reason to be.
>>
>>19130565
Japanese shows tend to suffer from several problems, among them:

-Slaves to toy releases: Show will push a certain set of characters for few episodes, then just get rid of them, either for the whole show or until the finale.
-Battles use tons of stock footage or cuts of a character shooting while standing still.
-I hate to say this one, but they may suffer from inconsistent power levels, mostly due to new toy syndrome, but still. A good example is BWII, the Destron's all get upgrades near the end and they're way more powerful than the main cast at that point, but they still get their asses kicked evne when they're trying to win and not backstab eachother.
-Decepticons suffer from an extreme case of backstab. This happened in G1 and BW, but almost the entire Destron cast will do this at one point or another in BWII and Neo. Still happens in RID to a lesser extent.

This gets better in the Unicron trilogy, but just barely.
>>
>>19130687
You're telling me information that A) I already know, and B) was not relevant to the discussion. Kingdom is still not connected to the original Beast Wars show and still can't retroactively "fuck up" the original Beast Wars show.
>>
>>19127035
A bit hard to get through for some reason, think I'm a few episodes after the Mexicans showed up. The Preds MAY have started to get their upgraded forms, not sure
>>
>>19131042
If Megastorm got changed into a giant Godzilla sized monster, then yes, that's the start of the upgrade arc.
>>
>>19131151
He might've...?
>>
I only remember beast wars because of the powerpuff girls gag
>>
>>19133409
???

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.