[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 84 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How do you feel about Mobile Suit Victory Gundam anons?
>>
>>19110654
s'alright
>>
File: Flay_0001.jpg (63 KB, 412x627)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>19110654
I've been trying to download it, what's the best subgroup for this?
>>
>>19110654
Second favorite Gundam show never really got why it was disliked
>>
not good
>>
>>19110654
It's absolute kino desu, one of my favourite gundam series and one that's highly underrated and misunderstood.
>>
Good show.
>>
>>19110654
Aside from the slump in the middle it was alright.
>>
My favorite robot show along with Dougram.
>>
>>19110654
It's great, despite Tomino and his murderboner. What I like the most are the simple and bug-like MS designs, despite seeing other people complain about them.
>>
>>19110654
After watching it I finally understood why it was called victory gundam.

Victory at any cost is a fucking super extreme message to get across in that day in age holy shit.
>>
I always had it as the absolute middle of the pack in terms of Gundam but have since seen things a lot worse so it's higher tier now
Sadly what I remember most about it is how the Shrike team made up my 9 favorite characters on the show, and RIP. And it's the biggest offender (that I've seen) of one of my pet peeves in mech shows, sending the unit out in scattered pieces and then making it combine on the battlefield. Just fucking send it out complete goddamn
>>
>>19110654
Second best entry after Seed Destiny. Absolutely fantastic.
>>
File: victory final battle.jpg (436 KB, 985x637)
436 KB
436 KB JPG
>>19110654

The last good UC Gundam made. Absolutely should have been the end of an era because that ending was flawless.
>>
>>19110654
Fav Gundam show, Uso is in my top 5 Gundam Protagonists, Katejina is best girl, but Shakti really brings down the whole show for me
>>
>>19110654
I didn't watch it yet because judging from other anons excellent opinions on it I want to keep it as last anime I'll ever watch.
>>
>>19110654
It's in my top 3 Gundam series.
>>
>Watch V Gundam
Japan never gave a shit about it, why should I?
>>
>>19110654

It's great, by far my favorite Gundam, it gets ragged out alot, but half the arguments are pisspoor.
>>
>>19110654
It's okay. Don't know if I'd rewatch it though
>>
>>19112853
Shanti weighs down the show hard
>>
>>19113252
Because nips got a shit taste.
>>
File: Shahkti2.gif (58 KB, 385x550)
58 KB
58 KB GIF
>>19112853
>>19113354
I liked Shakti ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>19113757
She's the best UC Gundam girl that isn't from ZZ.
>>
The old cliche: A good show but not a good gundam show.
>>
>>19113772
>not a good gundam show
There is the only one "good gundam show" and it's the first one.
>>
That glorious scene with the old-timers made me shed manly tears.

Victory has its flaws, but it's WAY better than the shit that gets peddled today. Usso has more balls than the onions boys of the 21st century.
>>
File: marbet4.gif (1.27 MB, 500x243)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB GIF
Actual best Victory girl coming through
>>
>>19113811
That's a woman.
>>
File: marbet2.jpg (715 KB, 1440x1080)
715 KB
715 KB JPG
>>19113824
Yes.
>>
>>19110654
It was Tomino's cry for help, which went ignored. After all, he tried to sabotage it a number of times in a number of ways, and yet it still turned out to be one of the more interesting series just because of the complete tonal shift compared to earlier Tomino Gundam series.

Personally, I thought it was ok. A few too many pointless deaths, a few moments of retardation, a dragging middle half, but the ending was solid. The Gundam designs were boring though.
>>
File: Zm-s06s_(old).jpg (228 KB, 300x537)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
It's not a very popular opinion, but the Zoloat is one of my favourite grunt suits in the entire franchise.
>>
Victory Gundam is great. Awesome antagonists, great supporting cast, good action. The Victory itself is great and the story is touching. Top tier mecha anime.
>>
>>19110654
got about 10 eps in and dropped. characters and setting not likeable. also hate how they merge the torso and legs in mid air lmao
>>
DONT STOP CARRY ON
>>
I've honestly never watched more than a few episodes. Can't really get into it.
>>
>>19114989
AKIRA MENA AI
>>
File: 000.jpg (2.97 MB, 1016x1984)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB JPG
>>19115097
DONT STOP SHININ ON
>>
>>19110654
Has some of the most absurd vehicles. That fucking battleship with wheels is one of the most blatantly commercial look-at-this-new-toy things I've ever seen in a Gundam show.
>>
>>19110654
Best of the UC timeline no question
>>
>>19115134
I don't think they've ever made a toy of it, have they? It's not even toyetic in design, it's just fucking weird.
>>
>>19110658
Just get the nyaa release. The quality is okay and it uses the bd subs.
>>
it's pretty good
katejina still wacky tho
>>
>>19110654
belong on top of my top 3 best gundam show of all time
>>
>>19111454
>that spoiler

a broken and beaten Federation refuse to surrender but instead choose to fight to the last man

Captain Gomez and the old man crew sacrifice themselves hoping the younger generation would survive this war

Shakti forgiving Katejina after everything she had done to her

Victory is fucking kino as fuck
>>
>>19110658
Encodergasm did a good translation.
>>
Im like 21 episodes in and as long as it doesn't shit itself later on it'll probably end up my favorite gundam series.
>>
>>19110654
my favourite series.
>>
>>19115134
Wasn't that one of Tomino's demands? IIRC, one of the old interviews posted where he admitted he tried sabotaging Victory by going with ridiculous mechanical designs to discourage Gunpla models of them.
>>
>>19115294

It doesn't change much, what you get now is what you're more or less going to get later.

>>19115673

That's probably why I love the wacky designs, it's so different to anything before it, especially early UC. I really wish we had gotten Gunpla of some of those designs. At least I got my MG Victories and HG V2 (I bought the regular and then they bought out the Assault Buster, so I got both).
>>
>>19115673
Tomino made land battleships before, like Iron Gear.
>>
>>19115132
KOWASARENAI
>>
>>19110654
definitely had some really memorable moments
https://youtu.be/CdHlWqZU2bw
>>
File: 504154242_775c83150f_o.png (931 KB, 1024x702)
931 KB
931 KB PNG
>>19110654
One of my favorite Gundams. Definitely my favorite part of UC.
>>
File: MSgirlV2.jpg (56 KB, 291x512)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Semi related.
Does anyone have a translation for the insert song?
I would love to know what they are actually singing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTYBsveifYI
From what my basic nihongo and machine translation tell me, its something about unconditional love through time and hardships.
>>
>>19115828
I was referring to Victory's giant wheeled and motorbike-based vehicle designs, and the more insectoid-eyed Zanscare MS. Iron Gear is more normal-ish in comparison.
>>
>>19116500
>unconditional love through time and hardships.
based
>>
File: 1584483190046.png (3.47 MB, 1440x1080)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB PNG
I love it
>>
>>19116500
SPACE LIGHTning
SO LIKE I, IIIIIIIIIIII MELTING INTO THE IMAGE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF GALAXY, WITH YOUUUUUUUUU
>>
Victory Gundam appeals to my soul for some unknown reason, even if I know as a series it isn't as well made as many others
>>
>>19116500

https://pastebin.com/yQnGi54R

I'm too lazy to separate out the regular dialogue, but it's pretty easy to pick out the lyrics via the coding at the beginning of the line.
>>
Its a pretty terrible production that loses track of itself 10-20 eps in and maintains a steady decline with some outstanding episodes here and there. Might be a fun watch for someone who wants to watch an entertaining failure rather than a boring one like unicorn.
>this thread
Thats just a recent wave of contrarianism that happens on 4chan boards often. Most people laugh at what a messy clusterfuck victory is.
If you just want some good Tomino Xabungle and Ideon will deliver much better if you havn't seen them.
>>
>>19110654
mediocre but its finale is one of the best in Gundam
>>
File: MEMEdorza.jpg (79 KB, 831x961)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
I don't even care if the entire line is P-Bandai RE 1/100. I just hope we eventually get the entire Zanscare roster.
>>
>>19110654
Didnt really like any of the suits at first but they all grew on me towards the end even the mid air transformation parts
Great cast minus most of the Zanscare characters
Great music
All in all I enjoyed but I really didnt like the first 5 or so episodes
>>
>>19110654
its great
>>
File: image0 (1).jpg (275 KB, 2000x1200)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>19110654
>>
File: fill the enemy with fear.png (1.77 MB, 1425x1073)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
>>19121038
>>
>>19120084
>>
>>19110654
Very different to other Gundams. A more somber tone, in phases even kafkaesk. Far more focus on characters and their psychology than on the war plot itself.
Long story short: My favourite Gundam.
>>
>>19110654
I like it a lot. Top 3 for me
>>
File: sleepquietly.png (2.09 MB, 1920x1080)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB PNG
I like the first 2/3rds or so a lot, the last stretch kind of sucks. It feels really aimless, the villains are all really lame, and a lot of time is spent on characters that probably could have been fused into a single character. Did we really need two insane female pedophiles? It spends so much time on these characters at the expense of actually interesting ones, and the end result is that a lot of them feel underutilized. I feel like Chronicle and Katejina had a lot of potential, but both of them just disappear for huge stretches of the show, and we're left with long scenes involving the man who wants to live in a cabin in the woods, while also wanting to be an off road biker. I feel a lot of the main characters suffer from this as well. I like Odelo for most of the show, but by the end he's just kind of there, hanging around in the background.
The fights get kind of stupid too. I don't care for the goofy wings of light or whatever the fuck the Victory Gundam is doing near the end. Uso just flying through every enemy while they melt from magic wings feels a lot less inventive than earlier fights, which are some of the best I've seen in Gundam.
Also, for all the talk of how dark the show is, a lot of the deaths don't really evoke any feelings in me because most of them involve characters who either die the same episode they're introduced, or characters who show up once, disappear for 10 episodes, and then die as soon as they show up again. I feel like there were only a handful of deaths that involved characters that I had been given any time to care about.
Also Shakti really sucks.
Other than that like I said, most of the show is great and the music is excellent, but the ending stretch still makes me mad.
>>
>>19110654
Loved it but I gotta admit I'm still not exactly sure what Zanscares goal was
>take over earth
>no wait flatten it with motorcycle ships
>no wait again brainwash everyone into children
>>
>>19122859
That's kinda the point, anon. It's futile. At some point, wars get their own dynamic and just spiral out of control or reason, and all sides just keep on fighting to win.
>>
>>19115257
>>19111454
Man I fucking loved Victory.
Finally got around to watching it late last year/early this year and had a blast.
The series has a lot of great moments, but there were times when it really disappointed me too.
Still a great series though, might be top 5 or 10 gundam for me.
>>
File: Victory Gundam Cinegrid.jpg (2.61 MB, 2880x2160)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB JPG
>>19123726
Also wanted to post this
>>
>>19123728
are any of these shots supposed to be impressive
>>
>>19122823
>Also, for all the talk of how dark the show is, a lot of the deaths don't really evoke any feelings in me because most of them involve characters who either die the same episode they're introduced, or characters who show up once, disappear for 10 episodes, and then die as soon as they show up again. I feel like there were only a handful of deaths that involved characters that I had been given any time to care about.
gundumbfags don't know any better so they just assume deaths = DARK
>>
>>19123853
nah, they're just pretty to look at
>>
>>19123853
>supposed to be impressive
Well, they should at least shut down those who love to claim that Victory Gundam doesn't have any shading.
>>
>>19110654
I like it. Art is interesting, and it’s got a neat tone.
>>
>>19124097

It's weird how people always say that, it just uses it's shading selectively.
>>
>>19110654
its alright
theres a good show in there hidden underneath all the retarded impactless deaths/suicides and bandai meddling, but it's a bit of a mess and probably still my least favourite tomino gundam
>>
File: mpv-shot0257.jpg (265 KB, 1440x1080)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>19124097
>>19124386
it's not that it doesn't have any shading it's just that it isn't present in what feels like 50-75% of the shots. the lack of shading is really apparent in the first half of the show especially. once they get into the second half they start shading much more.

it doesn't help that the mechs have absolutely horrid color palettes like pic related and the lack of shading makes it look super cheap.
>>
>>19124808
Even that shot has shading, albeit very sparingly and subtle.
What might be a bit jarring is the contrast to the background, and that the lighting therefore seems unnatural.
>>
>>19124830
whatever you want to attribute it to, the end result is that the show had questionable art direction
>>
>>19124869
>questionable art direction
No.
>>
File: PxswM9D.gif (2.7 MB, 386x282)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB GIF
Haro!
>>
>>19125135
great retort retard
>>
>>19125195
Make a proper argument if you want a proper retort. A simple assertion without any kind of evidence deserves nothing more than what I gave you.
>>
>>19125218
what about >>19124808 looks appealing in the slightest?
>>
>>19125265
Make an argument. Don't just point to still pictures and give your biased personal oppinions.
Besides, you seem not to undestand what "art direction" (or more genreally "visual direction") even means.
>>
>>19125288
>doesn't know what art direction is
>thinks memes like visual direction are terms people actually use
ok never mind
>>
>>19125296
>memes like visual direction
Ever heard of cinematograhy, moron?
If you want to shitpost, do it somewhere else. How about >>>/tv/ or /v/eddit?
>>
>>19125323
oh kek you're one of those pretentious tards who unironically post in cinegrid threads and think "visual direction" is a term anybody outside of /a/ uses
>>
>>19125341
>pretentious tards
Cinematography is literally something that people specialize in and get jobs in film productions and animation departments. Nothing about that is even remotely "pretentious" (another word which you don't seem to know the meaning of).
>>
>>19110654
Dare I say it has the cutest brown characters in the franchise
>>
>>19125840
>thinking tomino garbage has good cinematography
>>
File: ⁄m⁄GTOW.jpg (58 KB, 704x528)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>19110654
It's hysterical. It's not very good but I find it extremely charming and entertaining a lot of the time; it's not without genuine merit but the tension between Tomino and Bandai is palpable and watching the show derail after the halfway mark as Tomino just says "fuck it" is captivating. Out of the two shows Tomino has disavowed I find Victory much more fun to watch than ZZ (which I still don't hate), and I genuinely recommend it to other people.
>>
>>19111454
>the message

I had a lot of trouble catching onto that one. Can you explain it in detail to the rest of us about how it comes out in the show?
>>
>>19126675
Impressionable mecha fans will attribute meaning to anything with DEATH in order to make their toy commercials seem deeper than they really are. In actuality there is nothing in Victory that gets across the message "victory at any cost," the real message is WAR = BAD like the rest of Tominos shlock
>>
>>19126758
I don't think this is a fair reading of all of Tomino's work, 0079 and Zeta are a bit more nuanced than that. That being said, Victory is particularly aimless near the end, and I don't think it's really worth speaking about it as if it has a coherent or consistent message at all. Not necessarily discounting it, but I'm actually quite curious how one could take "victory at any cost" as being a theme in the show.
>>
>>19126795
>but I'm actually quite curious how one could take "victory at any cost" as being a theme in the show.
>>
>>19126795
>Victory is particularly aimless near the end
Near the end is when it's shoving its themes of WOMEN FIGHTING = BAD down your throat though
>>
File: 1546102210657.jpg (286 KB, 1440x1080)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>19126835
"War is bad" and "victory at any cost" are separate themes. It is possible for both of them to be present, but that does not make them the same thing. I wasn't even denying "war is bad" was a message in Victory. I can see how someone who would post this image uniroincally might not understand that though.
>>19126857
This isn't really any more unique to Victory than a general "war is bad" or "goddamn adults", it's just kind of a constant among Tomino's works.
>>
>>19125840
Are you in the 50s? "Something that people specialize in and get jobs" means precisely nothing now. Pop culture is something people specialize in. Ditto HR, or whatever else. There's plenty of jobs built around pretension, too, I don't see how this helps your point.
>>
>>19126675
Not the same guy, but things like League Millitaire's composition, near all being women, children and the elderly. That Zanscare pilot who committed suicide on seeing he was facing killing children shows the theme of cost of victory, in his case too much to bear. Katejina's original reason for "defecting", spying in hopes of ending the war sooner and easing the burden on Usso, shows that drive, placing herself in the custody of the enemy if it's to win (although that obviously goes... south). The early LM guy getting beheaded, the Shrike wedging herself under the ramp to help them get to space, Usso killing his mother, all stuff showing that idea of climbing the bodies to win. Zanscare makes a point of scaring the hell out of everyone alive in order to win, be it by guillotine or exile in space, and escalatIng to shit like the city-flattening vehicle and ultimately Angel Halo. League Millitaire has to enlist help of the supposed neutral transport company, Usso's parents both have to pretty much abandon him for the war effort, we get to watch Usso and his dad pretty much abandon their paternal relationship in favour of the military one more useful for victory. Maria's war on war goes as far as trying to destroy free will with Angel Halo, and the battle around that ultimately goes into an all-out battle of annihilation for both sides. This is all just my thoughts at 9am having not slept, so might all be nonsense, but maybe it's lucid. I personally think the over the top crazy shit in Victory helps the victory at all costs thing, never thought about that before.
>>
>>19126957
Not him, but you still haven't made an argument for why Victory is (supposedly) looks bad outside a single still.
>>
>>19126976
I don't think it does. I think it does look flat at times, but no major complaints. I was just pointing out your argument supporting the legitimacy of cinematography is hardly convincing to anyone who needs convinced.
>>
>>19110654
>How do you feel about Mobile Suit Victory Gundam anons?

How would you feel about a series that has only one decent character, the rest being utter shits and yes that includes the fucking main character ?
Victory Gundam is shit, we all know it's shit, even the author knows it's shit and has disavowed it.
Only in /m/ can there be contrarians saying V-Gundam is an any way shape or form good.
>>
>>19126932
>This isn't really any more unique to Victory than a general "war is bad" or "goddamn adults", it's just kind of a constant among Tomino's works.
You're an idiot. Victory is the "character drama" Gundam. It's all about the psychological effect of war, much more than any other Gundam. It's the one about personal trauma, the one about personal loss.
It shows the humans on all sides of the conflict, the good ones and the bad ones, it shows sacrifice and it dares not to reward it, ever.
There's a reason why idiots hate it: It's decidedly not "fun".

>>19126978
>supporting the legitimacy of cinematography
If you don't think cinematography is legitimate, then why are there dedicated cinematographers in every film production, unless the director himself is obsessed with it, like Kubrik or the Lynch?
>>
>>19127082
I didn't say I don't think it legitimate, I said your argument supporting it sucks.
>>
>>19126795
>Victory is particularly aimless near the end
>Zanscare aiming to wipe human population on Earth after they failed to crush the Federation
>The Federation were so desperate to protect Earth that they willing to fight to the bitter end
>aimless
>>
>>19127089
>I said your argument supporting it sucks.
How? What arguement do you even need to "support" something that's obviously a professional field that exists, other than stating that it is?
>>
>>19127105
As was said before if you read the post, "it's a professional field that exists" doesn't make something legitimate. Look at non-jobs like camgirls, reviewing garbage for Youtube, or any of the myriad university degrees only useful for teaching said degree.
>>
File: bitbob.jpg (181 KB, 1402x1048)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>19110654
2nd fave UC TV show behind 0079 and third fave Gundam TV overall behind Turn A.
>>
>>19126396
Did he really disavow Victory and ZZ
>>
>>19127147
>"it's a professional field that exists" doesn't make something legitimate.
Yes, it does. People get hired to take care of it, so it obviously is something filmmakers and the audience (even if only subconsciouly) care about. Reviewers and film critics do as well ... at least the competent ones outside of Youtube.

>non-jobs like camgirls ...
If there's a demand for a service and someone can earn a living with it, then how is it a "non-job"?

>university degrees only useful for teaching said degree.
You fundamentally misunderstand what universities are for.
>>
>>19127180
>at least the competent ones
Now you're qualifying. Almost as though you're saying the incompetent ones lack legitimacy.
>>
>>19127190
>Almost as though you're saying the incompetent ones lack legitimacy.
They don't. What they lack is expertise and knowledge, and their opinions should therefore not be considered. They still are legitimate reviewers, just shit ones.
Just like there are incompetent cinematographers who don't usually get hired, and do a bad job when they do. That doesn't invalidate cinematography as a field.
>>
>>19110654

underrated

STAND
UP
TO
THA
VICTO-LEE!!!
>>
>>19127082
>You're an idiot. Victory is the "character drama" Gundam. It's all about the psychological effect of war, much more than any other Gundam. It's the one about personal trauma, the one about personal loss.
>It shows the humans on all sides of the conflict, the good ones and the bad ones, it shows sacrifice and it dares not to reward it, ever.
You are describing every Gundam. And Victory does these things worse than other Gundams too. The conflict in Victory is particularly black and white, since the worse thing one side does is let a child pilot a mobile suit, while the other side is explicitly trying to kill everyone on the planet.
>>19127099
Wiping out everyone on Earth was always the plan, it wasn't some escalation. And the Federation was decidedly not desperate to protect Earth, the entire reason the LM exists is because of the belief that the Federation was either incapable or unwilling to fend off a Zanscare attack. A belief that is initially correct, as the Federation is not even a direct part of the war at the start of the show.
>>19127160
I don't know about ZZ specifically but
Zeta
>I do not like Z but it made a modest economic success. It resulted that various Gundam shows appeared directed without me. As a result of my decision to make a sequel to First Gundam, Gundam Saga has proceeded over 20 years. At the same time, I feel I should have finished Gundam story in the first series.
Victory
>The entire series was released on DVD in Japan on January 23, 2004. The limited-edition DVD box release was notable for containing an interview of Tomino titled, "This DVD should not be bought as it is not intended to be seen!!"
>>
>>19127825
>You are describing every Gundam.
No, I'm not. There's a notable difference between what Victory does with its introspectives and the more general approaches other Gundams take.
>And Victory does these things worse than other Gundams too.
Worse for whom? You? What makes you the authority for things like that, other than your shitposting experience?
>the worse thing one side does is let a child pilot a mobile suit
Brainlet. Of course you wouldn't like Victory if you completely miss what it's saying about the morality of the conflict on both sides.
>>
>>19127825
>it is not intended to be seen
Did you know that Kafka wanted his whole opus burned after his death and ordered his editor Max Brodt to do so in his testament. Brodt didn't. Instead he realeased everything that was unfinished, and those unfinished works are now ranked among the best things German literature has to offer.
Of course, a moron like yourself wouldn't value them at all, so maybe this argument goes right over your head.
>>
>>19128170
>releasing a dead author's book after he has already passed to critical acclaim
>a dvd release of a shitty series that was poorly received and denounced by its STILL LIVING creator a decade after its creation
if you think these two are the same situation, you have no place to be calling anyone a moron
>>
>>19128244
You're literally too stupid to realize that it's EXACTLY the same thing. An author thinking his work shouldn't be read can be very wrong about that. And funny enough, Kafka and Tomino probably had the exact same reason for "disowning" their respective works.
But, sure, keep shitting on Tomino and then agree with him and put him on a pedestal for that one time you can use his words to shitpost.
>>
>>19110654
I can't remember a damn thing about it, but V2 was my first model kit and I remember enjoying the show. I still want for late UC stuff (F91 to whenever)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3avE7RHq4-c
>>
>>19127275
NO ME KAY NO
EH TACO BELL!
>>
>>19110654
I think it was an extremely depressing show because it wasnt popular enough for us to get new Zanscare kits
>>
>>19128301
except by the time victory was over and all was said and done, plenty of people had seen victory. it wasn't some mythological media. plenty of people had seen how shitty it was.
>>
I like it a lot. When it comes to characters dying, it feels more real to life, where in a warzone someone gets fucking blasted you just gloss over it and move on. But then that one guy gets like a 2 minute scene of him riding his motorcycle with his girl into Heaven or whatever the hell.

Also using Victory's legs as the strongest weapon, good shit.
>>
>>19128336
I still remember.
>>
File: KMxnMjOr_400x400.jpg (31 KB, 400x400)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>19128345
>using Victory's legs as the strongest weapon
Char would be proud
>>
>>19128339
And you think Kafka only wanted the unpublished work destroyed? (Which, by the way was the majority of his work.)
Kafka had some of the same issues Tomino has.
>>
>>19128167
>There's a notable difference between what Victory does with its introspectives and the more general approaches other Gundams take.
>you completely miss what it's saying about the morality of the conflict on both sides.
This entire argument began with me and other Anons asking you to elaborate on these points, which you still haven't done. I genuinely would like to hear them, I suspect I'll disagree, but I won't know until you do.
>Worse for whom? You?
Obviously? I feel like I shouldn't have to specify that things I say are my opinion, that should be implicit from me being the one saying them. I think other Gundams have more nuanced villains and more interesting development among it's protagonists.
>>19128170
I don't know why you're responding to a Tomino quote as if I was the one who said it Anon, do you enjoy having autism?
In spite of the frothing rage both of you seem to have at me for having voiced a criticism of Victory at all, I actually do like most of it, I just think the ending stretch sucks.
>>
>>19127825
>Federation was either incapable or unwilling
More like incapable since declaring war will further destroy their economy.
>LM exists
You do know LM were staffed by Federation soldier? That's how federation manage to "declare" war without declaring war. Federation were in the most part fighting the Zanscare so much so that they're the one who help Usso and crew escape so many times in the show

>Wiping out everyone on Earth was always the plan
No. Their initial plan was to control Space then launch a massive invasion over Earth but since the Feds and LM combine operation cripple their space fleet they have to speed up their Earth invasion and by the time the Federation came out in full force that they decided to wipe out entire remaining humans on Earth.

Watch the goddamn show faggot
>>
>>19127825
>"This DVD should not be bought as it is not intended to be seen!!"

You're the same faggot that parroting "Tomino apologizes for G-Reco" when he himself said sorry because new anime watcher are fucking retarded and have a
>>
>>19128827
>You do know LM were staffed by Federation soldier?
Ex-Federation soldiers, yes. That's my point.
>Watch the goddamn show faggot
Kagatie, who is actually running Zanscare, makes it extremely obvious that the plan was always to wipe out everyone on earth. It's also obvious from every other piece of UC media in which the Jovians are prominent. You misunderstood the show, I'm sorry.
>>19128858
Again I'm just quoting Tomino, take it up with him.
>>
>>19128736
>asking you to elaborate on these points
You actually didn't. And I already have elaborated on them. You're just a shitposter.

>I shouldn't have to specify that things I say are my opinion
If you express your opinios as facts and act as if no one can like what you dislike, like you (I assume) did here:

>>19127033
>Only in /m/ can there be contrarians saying V-Gundam is an any way shape or form good.

Then, yes, you need to say that it's only your own, very moronic, opinion.

>as if I was the one who said it
Nobody did, shitposter.
>>
>>19129326
You assume wrong, that's not me. And "It's more X than other Gundams" isn't an elaboration, it's a claim, which I disagree with. Your response was to it was to assume that anyone who dislikes Victory is shitposting, which is a bizarre assumption as even liking Victory surely you know there are people who don't.
>Nobody did, shitposter.
Then don't burst into treats when I quote the director of the show.
>>
>>19129397
>isn't an elaboration
Read more than the first line of a post.
>>
>>19127825
So he disavows Z of all series? It's literally some his best work
>>
>>19129402
He's disavowed literally all of his work at some point. The shitposters in here just like to cherrypick to support their own braindead narratives.
>>
>>19129401
>Victory does X
>ok so does every Gundam
>but Victory does it more!
That's literally all you've said about it.
>>19129402
I agree, I like Zeta a lot. I suspect part of the problem he has with both Zeta and Victory is that he was going through depression while making them, and they ended up a lot darker than they otherwise would have been because of it.
>>19129406
What narrative lol, the original post was someone saying they liked Victory in spite of Tomino disavowing it, calm down.
>>
>>19129421
>What narrative lol
It's about time you fuck off.
It at least is time that people stop replying to your bait. I at least will do so.
>>
>>19125840

I feel like this is the same shit poster we see derailing alot of these threads.
>>
>>19129508
I really don't get why they hate Victory that much.
Well, in a way I do, because it's probably the least "fun" Gundam and the one you have to pay the most attention to to get it. For someone who got into the franchise with Gundam Wing or later, Victory must be hard to wrap one's head around. But why do so many people think that their shit opinion is a fact?
>>
File: 064cp3mcwtl31.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>19129442
lmao
>>
>>19130294
>least fun
>Usso gets /ss/ed by a different sexy older lady every few weeks
>>
>>19130294
I wouldn't say it's the least fun, there's some wild shit going on with the designs and weapons (motorads, motorbike battleships), and Uso's pretty creative in battle. Wing and Destiny are pretty basic though, it's more of a "turn your brain off" show. For some reason, /m/ has always hated Victory, no one ever articulated why apart from "muh shading", and I think that reputation has put people off of at least trying the show. I like it just as much as 0079, maybe more, something about it really speaks to me moreso than other Gundam shows, maybe it's the aesthetic feel of the setting.

>But why do so many people think that their shit opinion is a fact?
It's worse when you or multiple posters can give evidence that debunks their terrible opinion and then they carry on "no my opinion superior... Just because it's my opinion". Inb4 that last Might Gaine thread we had.
>>
Best girls
Best music
Wish they fleshed out the Zanscare characters more but overall I liked definitely within my top 5 Gundam shows
>>
>>19132579
>no one ever articulated why apart from "muh shading"
This is just willful ignorance, there have been many discussions about why it's actually bad, even in this thread alone.
>>
>>19134294
Go away already. No one is falling for your bullshit.
>>
>>19134294
Found the shit poster again!
"Oh muh shading!"
>>
>>19134294
Okay Duel, settle down.
>>
>>19135231
>still strawmanning about the shading as the main complaint when most people's issues are with the piss poor character development of katejina, chronicle and fuala, the laughable attempts at pathos by randomly killing off characters after giving them some forced sentimental scene, the abundance of misogynist tominoisms, the irritating use of stock footage and pointless combining scenes that might be the most obvious ploy to sell toys in the franchise's animated history aside from the build series
>>
>>19135868
Do you really think your shitpost will impress anyone any more just because you greentext it?
>>
File: 1439517455640.jpg (209 KB, 1222x871)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>19115134
This shit would be terrifying as fuck if real.
It was designed to straight FLATTEN entire cities and villages.
>>
File: 1383632864403.jpg (915 KB, 1891x1080)
915 KB
915 KB JPG
>>19118897
>>
>>19110654
Good Katoki Designs.
>>
>>19136196
the state of victory fanboys
>>
>>19136404
Do you actually want to try making a coherent argument or will you simply continue this shitposting charade?
>>
>>19136413
>still can't come up with a rebuttal
>still can't even come up with a defense of why his show doesn't look like cheap garbage
>>
File: Ej-tiQHWoAcS27_.jpg (3.22 MB, 1939x2771)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB JPG
>>19136301

Still the best he's ever done for Gundam. Everything else is either boring legomen or disgusting clusterfucks.
>>
>>19126675
Victory at any cost is a fucking horrible proposition. I agree the delivery is clumsy at the very best, but the message is there.
>>
File: dogu.jpg (43 KB, 600x600)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>19115673
The eyes are based off these statues
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog%C5%AB
>>
>>19115673
>Wasn't that one of Tomino's demands?

Wrong it was a producers/Bandai's demand.

He didn't sabotage V Gundam. V Gundam ratings and sales were good. The show failed because Bandai wanted the Elementary school kid market and V only brought in the older kids and established fans.
>>
>>19120084
Wow, you really wrote all that out and thought you were smart
>>
>>19124869
Never had an issue while watching it. Nothing ever looked bad to be. Probably also helped keep the animation fluid
>>
>>19136232
Speed Racer eps 47 "Car with a Brain" has a robot vehicle designed only for destruction rampaging around, knocking over trees, smashing houses and widening city blocks.
>>
>>19136232
And there is a series of books created by Keith Laumer about gigantic AI supertanks slinging around nukes and fusion beams. They are called Bolos, and all the novels have "Bolo" in their title.
>>
>>19136232
Gaming luminary Steve Jackson got his start with the first microgame, "Ogre". Where a single gigantic cybertank takes on a whole army of Heavy Tanks, Missile Tanks, Ground Effect Vehicles and Power-Armor Infantry,
>>
File: Monster Car montage 2.jpg (2.2 MB, 2553x1303)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
>>19136232
Sorry, forgot the link to that Speed Racer episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9HhaokXazI

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.