[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 53 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Anyone on /m/ appreciate White Knight Chronicles?

I played through both games this year and thought they were really fun if rough RPGs. The incorruptus are also kick ass.
>>
>>18989903
Does it have mecha?
>>
File: Black Knight.jpg (258 KB, 800x1131)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>18989909
Yeah
>>
>>18989903
I had the first game and I played it for like a few minutes and I don't know why I never played more at the time but I liked what I played. I don't seem to have it anymore though. I wouldn't have let anyone borrow it, and I didn't sell it the game just vanished from my collection one day so I never got to play more of it.
>>
>>18989972
If I were you, I'd get the 2nd game.

It comes with the first one and they both feel like they were meant to be one game.
>>
>>18989903
>Anyone on /m/ appreciate White Knight Chronicles?
no I don't especially enjoy reading angry twitter threads about egirls
>>
Only played it as the improved (though some people tell me otherwise) 1 and 2 from the release of 2, and I loved it.
Level 5 games with georama are an instant win for me, it's really a shame they don't use it anymore. It was at its best in WKC but the fact that it was optional was a downer.
>>
>>18990087
LOL
>>
File: Henshin.jpg (97 KB, 900x510)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>18989903
The psp one is boring as crap. Apart from that, pretty good series.
>>
>>18989903
These games had the absolutely WORST protagonist I've ever seen. He was completely fucking useless, and actually made things worse on multiple occasions.
More, the part where they said 'you' are the protagonist of the story? That's fucking bullshit. It's a blatant lie. You might as well be an NPC.
>>
I tried PSP game and it wasn't fun at all.
>>
>>18990371
Gotta hand it to them for knowing he was shit and trying to trick the world into thinking their was a different main character
>>
>>18989903
I think I bought it for PS3 and never played it.
>>
>>18990323
>These dudes
>boring ass crap

Sure doesn't seem like it

what's wrong with it?
>>
>>18989949
that's not mecha
it's just a fag in fantasy armor
>>
>>18989903
I have it, but never properly played it.
Considering modern games go to hell or expensive, good time as any to explore backlog.
>>
File: Vater Tod.gif (1.6 MB, 360x246)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB GIF
I have a love-hate relationship with it. I like Eldore a lot, and the concepts are pretty good, but locking all the cool custom Incorruptus behind the now-dead online mode was a real dick move, considering the short life of the multiplayer.
Leonard is a terrible protagonist, which is even more acute because the game asks you to make a custom player character.
All in all, a deeply irritating experience with bad pacing and bad party AI but still managed to have enough charm to keep me engaged for two playthroughs.
>>
I loved it just for the mecha knights. I wish they made more games
>>
>>18990919
Will you shut up, man?
>>
What's gameplay and combat like?
>>
>>18992700
In a word: slow.
>>
>>18990323
>>18990509
White Knight Chronicles is an odd franchise. Started on PS3, managed to get three games, but the third and final game is some weird PSP prequel that practically no one ever heard of. I think it was straight up one of the last PSP games to be localized, and even then only in Europe. Granted it's not the only series to suffer a strange fate. Grandia, Arc the Lad, Valkyrie Profile, Wild Arms. Just a few other series that come to mind as having ended on weird notes.
>>
>>18993432
So basically Valkyria Chronicles but VC got a 4th game?

I always find it confusing that VC just has a set storyline instead of a branching one, especially for the individual characters, except in VC3.
>>
>>18993623
I don't know if I'd consider that quite the same since Valkyria Chronicles also got Valkyria Revolution (even if nobody liked it) before 4, but it is an odd situation in its own way. Because VC did not just one, but two PSP games after the initial PS3 games and then they're surprised when VC2 flops so hard that they don't even bother localizing 3.
>>
>>18991526
Must not have done so well if Level 5 of all companies couldn't be bothered to do more. They do not hesitate to make dozens of games.
>>
>>18993640
PSP in general was a ded console outside of Japan so why would they bother localizing VC3 when it proved not to be a killer app?

Still miss that chance to romance two different cuties though.
>>
>>18991371
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>18995430
Oh, don't get me wrong, there would have been no benefit to localizing it. But putting it on PSP was a dumb decision to begin with. As was going with this weird-ass anime style Persona knockoff that nobody wanted with 2. It almost killed the franchise and is such a Sega move. But I guess it's a moot point now since 3 still ended up getting an English fan translation, so anyone who cares to play it can just go ahead and play it.
>>
>>18993427
In two words: Very slow.
>>
>>18997330
What about in three?
>>
>>18995784
>As was going with this weird-ass anime style Persona knockoff that nobody wanted with 2
Should've included S.Links with romantic endings if thy wanted the Persona audience.
>>
>>18989909
Not OP but yes, they're magic-powered giant suits of medieval armor but it's still very much mecha.
>>
>>18993640
>VC2 flops
honestly made me really sad, I actually played the 2nd one first, constantly with my best pal. I Thought it was a ton of fun, so I went back and played the first too
>>
>>18995430
>>18995784
PSP only made sense in Japan as it maintained a solid following for years until the Vita (and then that one lasted surprisingly long over there as well). What I don't get though is why they didn't just compile VC3 onto Vita and release a Vita edition that had all the DLC and some updated graphics.

>>18991371
You could painfully grind out some of the stuff offline, but yeah, forcing the online component then killing it not long after was such a dick move. If anything, the series is perfect for a PC remake using WKC2 as the basis, then undoing the online requirement and relaxing some of the base building requirements so that players could enjoy making their own town that thrived both online and off.

That said, I started WKC1, dropped it, and restarted it under WKC2 when it released with an overhauled WKC1 that made things a bit more dynamic. I still find it a bit hilarious one can effectively cheese the final boss if the player bothered to gather up all the sidequest stuff that leads to being able to create your own Knight. It's like the one time your character legitimately shows up the protag because they didn't get their abilities stolen. Too bad their still straight-up ignored and no special dialogue for being able to use a new Knight.
>>
>>19001315
At least after the credits have finished the protag gets to have adventures on his or her own with the custom incorruptus.
>>
>>18989903
I was obsessed for a while, but I fully admit that this would have been better as one game rather than two, and the story and gameplay needed tweaking. I hope Level 5 does a reboot/spiritual successor because a video game where you can transform into a giant fantasy mecha is beyond badass
>>
>>18990323
The PSP one pissed me off so much because I thought we'd learn some lore about Madoras and the Knights but instead we got an irrelavant sidestory
>>
>>19001315
>Too bad their still straight-up ignored and no special dialogue for being able to use a new Knight.
Such a wasted opportunity. Honestly a silent protagonist being treated as a side character for the entire game suddenly saving the day and taking center stage would be a pretty kino plot twist
>>
Wasn't this series heavily online-oriented?
Is it even playable/fun offline?
>>
>>19002477
>Wasn't this series heavily online-oriented?
Uh, no?
>>
>>19001799
Still pissed off they didn't bother translating the DLC
>>
>>19003337
That's the only time I can think of that happening.
>>
>>19002797
The online components were a significant part of the game, what are you talking about?
>>
>>19004528
Like, I can get not wanting to do new voice acting, but the DLC barely had any to begin with. Did they really think they wouldn't make their money back for the translation?
>>
>>18997330
Slow as fuck
>>
>>18999686
>>19005109
>>
>>19005109
>>19005113
How about four words?
>>
>>18990087
Will you shut up, man?
>>
>>19004916
The game must have seriously flopped hard.
>>
>>18989903
This is a real game, for real people.
>>
>>19009952
They still did an English release of the PSP game in Europe, so it couldn't have been that bad
>>
>>19011490
A lot of weird things get released in Europe but not America, like Demolition Girl, and Doshin the Giant.
>>
>>19009952
English publisher seemed to have little no interest in the game considering they refused to bring content patches over and shut down the servers as soon as contracts allowed it.
>>
>>19012371
Well. It happens for popular games too. I remember NISA didn't bother releasing the DLC for Disgaea 2 PSP. Even though Disgaea is like their biggest thing.
>>
>>18992700
Imagine playing Final Fantasy XIV, except the global cooldown for everything is three or four seconds by default, gets longer the more armor you wear and only starts ticking when the animation of your skill is finished.
>>
>>18989903
So the characters actually transform into mechs instead of piloting them? I'm genuinely curious, are there any /m/ anime that do something like that?
>>
File: Bolgmon.jpg (21 KB, 261x305)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>19014004
>>
>>18993640
From what I read from SEGA: plans for 3 local were cancelled due to end of psp life-cycle in US. Shame, vc3 is still my favorite in the series and losing out on the features, with 4, really made me sad.

VC2 remake with improvements from 3 and 4 would be fantastic too, since 2 made great concept experimentations and was mostly brought down by its clunky nature. Would be plenty popular on switch if Three Houses are anything to go by.
>>
>>18989903
>White Knight Chronicles I/II
Were these every free for PS+?
>>
File: valkyria3e20021.jpg (47 KB, 480x272)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Just A Reminder: Valkyria Chronicles 3 got a completed translation patch. Plus the game looks great on emulation.
>>
>>19015527
I know that 1 was on PSNow, but not sure about any sales.
>>
>>19015534
The PSP emulator is very good. It's better than playing on a PSP and I say this as the owner of a PSP. I don't know why that system has such a good emulator and N64's is still mediocre all these years later.
>>
>>19018154
iirc the PSP architecture is pretty easy and straightforward, but N64 leans on a lot of weird shit
like how Saturn was (is?) tricky to emulate or the GBA was emulated within a few months of the system's release
>>
>>19018158
If I understand the simplified version of it the n64 leans heavily on it's cartridge in a way past cart-based systems did not and because of this certain settings and code within the cartridge are necessary for each game to run correctly and only the devs and Nintendo have access to these exact details. When you try to emulate the games, since they're all so different, it struggles. Which is why n64 took so long to get into a semi-reasonable state.

Saturn emulation was tricky but I think now it's stable but it took a lot of weird work arounds. I really don't know much about it honestly. I think right now PS3 is the big hurdle the emulation community is struggling to jump.
>>
>>19018388
I recall many years when the weirder NES/FC carts would have similar issues, SNES/SFC to a lesser extent but still those too
>>
>>19018158
>>19018388
>>19018393
That makes sense.
>>
>>18990835
Where do I start?
>>
How would you guys improve the story of this game if given the chance to do a remake/reboot/whatever?
>>
>>19022760
Giving protagonist a personality/motivation that goes beyond muh Cisna would be a start.
>>
>>19022760

>Make it one game, not two
>The avatar gets acknowledged more in-story
>Leonard is attracted to Cisna and wants to help her, but it's not some nonsense love at first sight with a brief childhood encounter
>Cisna avoids capture using special magic at the start of the game. Her magic is also what guides the gang to the White Knight
>Ledom sends the gang on a mission to find the knights. Since he was responsible for taking care of Cisna after her mother's death, she blindly trusts him, pissing off Cirus who insists she should be here for her people.
>We get some cutscenes of Ledom pushing for war while Cirus says that's a bad idea. Ledom stonewalling him is what prompts Cirus to leave the palace TEMPORARILY
>Finding the knights is mostly the same, only with Cisna safe following the gang and it's a lot shorter. Also, none of that nonsense with Kara's not-sister. The Magi attacking the village is enough motivation for her.
>We also get rid of that nonsense about the Pactmakers already having been chosen and frozen in time. That subplot lead to nothing aside from some shocked reactions and more having fallen in love during childhood nonsense.
>Plot twist with Kara is that she was working with the Magi for the chance to snatch the Black Knight, not that she was Dragias all along.
>Replace Shapur with Dragias, or just start off by making them one and the same and give them more interactions with the team.
This is getting long so I'll continue in another reply
>>
>>19022786
>They meet Grazel when wanting to research the Magi and he knows a little too much. He foreshadows Madoras and his personal armor, Adolmaea.
>We learn more about Eldore's past and the cursed fate Cisna talks about. Basically, Mureas saw the world falling to Madoras in the future and sent Eldore away to stop it.
>Early on the gang meets Framboise, a researcher of the technology from the Dogma war who helps you modify your knights.
>Avatar specifically is the one to stop the bad guys in certain cutscenes.
>Every pactmaker has to win a big fight to get an armor, or die or be seriously injured trying. Leonard fought the ghost thing and still sees it in his dreams, and Caeser fought the dragon that was protecting the armor.
>The Magi get the drop on the gang when they're about to retrieve Adolmaea by threatening a bunch of civilians. This results in Kara turning against the Magi, Shapur stealing the black knight and badly injuring her, and Grazel and co getting away.
>They get Kara to a doctor who keeps her alive long enough to give everyone her tragic backstory of having been raised alongside Grazel to be pactmakers because they were descended from Madoras, and to reveal the location of the ruins of queen Mureas's palace.
>When exploring there, the Avatar comes across the object that will act as the core of the Ark Knight.
>Something weird happens between Wizel and Adolmaea during their fight, and its from that point onwards that using Wizel weakens Leonard.
>Seeing all this betrayal gives Cisna an epiphany. Now that all the knights were uncovered, she goes back to her home and kicks out the warmonger Ledom. Cyrus swears his loyalty to her.
>The gang goes to settle down the Farian civil war the Magi have caused. The Avatar brings magitek to Framboise.
>The three main countries unite to deal with the Magi and the seeming final battle ensues, but Leonard is captured after he collapses after they defeat the giant lava boss and the Black Knight
>>
>>19022825
>The gang arrives in Grazel's throne room, joined by armor-clad Cisna and Cyrus.
>Unconcious Leonard is sitting on the throne with Ledom by his side. Grazel and Shapur show up, demanding to know what's going on.
>Mini boss with Ledom
>With all the pactmakers in one place, Madoras finally shows up and possesses Leonard. His body was stronger than Grazel's so he hopped into Wizel in the hopes of getting a better host at the last minute.
>Demon Knight boss, but everyone visibly flips when you use the Ark Knight on it. The use of the Ark Knight frees the spirits of the other knights, which you then get access to.
>After freeing Leonard, Madoras has a twisted monstrous form you all defeat.
>Grazel and Shapur are killed.
>Then the DLC and post-game happens, largely the same
>>
>>19022760
I was honestly fine with the story, there's nothing amazing about it, but I was fine with it. It felt abit samey in terms of Level 5 journeys, but it still left me smiling at every moments where the party kick'd back and interacted with each other.
>>
>>18990151
What is georama?
>>
>>19023509
Georama was a small settlement you could build and then invite various NPCs from the game's cities to live and work there. This provided you with the basic amenities of every city as well as harvest spots to gather mats from. Really good mats, too if your georama was built well. It also served as hangout spot for online shit as players could visit each other's georamas.
>>
>>19023541
That sounds cool. And your first post implied it was a recurring feature in Level 5 games? What other games have it?
>>
>>18989903
I like White Knight Chronicles. I also like turtles.
>>
>>19026795
Are there turtles in White Knight Chronicles?
>>
>>19023541
>>19024854
I wonder if georama is a translation mistake. Georama looks a lot like the Japanese pronunciation of the word diorama.
>>
File: file.png (185 KB, 454x515)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>18989903
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEXvnoY-KoU

Literally everytimee I hear about this game I think about this trailer and how much of a disgusting lie it was. So fuck WKC. The devs should've had their pants sued off for this shit
>>
>>19024854
I think just the Dark Clouds, but there it was actually built into the plot since you needed to reconstruct cities to advance. White Knight improved upon the actual building aspect a great deal but it was just meaningless fluff.
Where muh dark cloud 3 at
>>
>>19018154
depends on a game
I like my lowres screens, having visible screen's "grain" (dunno what's the term for that) heps with some 2d games a whole lot
>>
>>19031590
You think that's bad? Look at the trailer for Watch Dogs. And that game still did well enough that Watch Dogs 3 is coming out this year. Gamers are fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1534637409309.webm (2.9 MB, 1280x1024)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>19031590
Trailers lie. More at 11.
>>
>>19032283
I like that people act like this is a new thing and go all "fuck companies/developers/publishers, reeee"
fucking retards.
nowadays you can watch gameplay at your convienence right at release, or even before official release. No need to ever rely on trailers.
People who complain about trailers are the exact same kind as those who get "tricked" by them.
>>
>>19032283
Considering 99% of trailers I see are just tech demos with not even a second of actual gameplay they must've learned their lesson
>>
>>19032351
>>19032501
You guys underestimate the power of normies. "The trailer looked great and it got a 9/10 from IGN that's good enough for me!"
>>
>>19033318
Name the last time that happened.
>>
>>19033380
Last of Us, both parts.
>>
>>19033411
Oh, you know damn well that is completely subjective.
>>
>>18989903
Fantasy Ultraman is neat but I still think it's a shame the original combat engine was dropped.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEXvnoY-KoU
>>
>>19033420
You literally asked for something people do subjectively.
>>
>>19033318
and?
why you care what other people play?
>oh no, I don't like that popular thing gets sold so much
>>
>>19034555
That's... not what he was saying at all.
>>
>>19035505
then I don't get why he was caring about what trailers would sell games to normies or whatever.
what the issue again?
that ads do not show true product?
>>
>>19035510
Never expect the arguments of gamers to make much sense.
>>
>>19037538
it's hilarious that some people still act like videogames are "close friends/family" type of business
when that moves more money than any other media as of late.
>>
File: 01.jpg (47 KB, 631x480)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>18990371
Because the game was planned to be a trilogy/quadrology like Phantasy Star Universe, where you become the protagonist in the 3rd installment
>>
>>19037704
I've almost never heard anyone talk about Phantasy Star Universe because it seems like it was such a huge flop, but one thing I heard about it is that the story pretty much completely ignores your character's presence.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>19037736
well, its because, in PSU1, you are just a trainee like the real protagonist, then in PSU2, you are working under the officer that is hunting the protagonist from 1.

It is only in PSU3 that you become an officer yourself and move the story a bit, because the PSU1 protagonist's sister is a trainee, working under you
>>
>>19037750
...Is there a PSU3? I'm looking into this and I see Ambition of the Illuminus, which sounds like the game you called "PSU2", but I don't see a third game. Was this series left unfinished too?
>>
>>19037774
Its basically an online only at that point.

Episode 3 got released on PS2, X360 and PC. But Episode 4, the ending of the story only released in Japan, as they shutdown english servers because low player count. so Japs only got the real ending in PSU
>>
>>19037538
see
>>19035505
>>
>>19006454
Really Slow As Fuck
>>
>>19033541
They really are running out of ideas.
>>
>>19040233
You know who doesn't? Level-5.
>>
>>19043084
You're five levels away from knowing that.
>>
>>19038103
Now add a fifth word.
>>
>>19046575
There are not enough words to describe it in five words.
>>
>>19048935
That's not true.
>>
So any mecha games with a decent enough story/writing? I'm playing through Front Mission 3 on a recommendation and the main character is such an unlikable volatile cunt that I genuinely don't know if I can keep going, though it's preferable to the main character apparently not existing like in White Knight, which is another game on my list
>>
>>19052339
It's more like that (You) are just the idiot MC's co-worker that gets dragged into his chronicle of white knighting. (You) don't get to do anything until quite far into WKC2's plot.
>>
>>19052364
Yeah but foe the majority of the game youre a nobody who just wins fights right
>>
>>19052339
Have you played Brigador?
>>
File: Mechonis.png (2.31 MB, 1216x1600)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB PNG
>>19052339
Xenogears
Xenoblade (less /m/ but still plenty of robots)
Vanquish & Metal Wolf Chaos are campy
>>
Level 5 may need to return to this series to be saved from certain doom.
>>
>>19053271
A nobody (that's also a town mayor and the group's adventurer guild rep.) that wins fights and a silent presence in most cutscenes.
>>
>>19053271
Quite so. You are in pretty much every cutscene, but the cutscenes where other characters actually acknowledge your presence can be counted on one hand.
>>
>>19015534
Not into emulation unless it's for games with translation patches. Might check this out whenever I beat the first 2
>>
>>19057348
Well yeah, it's kind of your only option for 3.
>>
please stop calling air strikes onto clumps of our own team
>>
>>19058376
woops wrong thread
>>
>>19058433
What thread was that intended for?
>>
>>19058458
The GBO2 thread
>>
>>19014224
This could be dangerous.
>>
>>19015583
Dang.
>>
>>19061352
That's all you have to say, after all that?
>>
File: 38658381_p0.jpg (849 KB, 1536x2048)
849 KB
849 KB JPG
>>18989903
Man I loved this game. Probably one of my all-time favorites. I don't really remember much about the story but Geonet was a blast and I met a lot of cool people through it. The story was ridiculously long in some parts - some 200 odd hours for both games I think and that's not even counting the ridiculous amount of Geonet content/Georama stuff there was. Being able to recruit one of the billion NPCs around for your georama was pretty cool, added an extra layer of uniqueness. The Incorruptus were awesome, though. Especially once you unlocked your avatar's, they were kind of difficult to get given how far you needed to be in the story and some other stuff you needed I forget, but it was fun showing off to newbies by turning into a giant knight and wrecking mobs because of how much of a buff they gave you to stats. The extra equipment you could get for them made them even more ridiculous stat-wise.

Real shame about Geonet shutting down. I think it was the game's shining feature and have fond memories of playing with my guild Divinities Hand. Knew a lot of people who spent money on the Georama stuff to do crazy things like mazes too which was pretty sad, and there was also a lot of online-only equipment that you could only get via guilds and stuff (pretty sure NPC outfits like Scardigne, etc were all guild-only) but them's the breaks. It's a pipe-dream, but I hope it gets a sequel one day.
>>
>>19062935
I'm not sure which is more surprising, the fact that this is a 200 hour game, or the fact that it actually has decent fanart.
>>
File: 13194844_p0.jpg (435 KB, 2000x1250)
435 KB
435 KB JPG
>>19064537
I believe it was relatively popular in Japan, but still niche. There's some 300 odd works of it tagged on pixiv. They tried pushing it pretty hard in Europe but not the US for whatever reason. There was even this big whole crossover event for PlayStation Home way back when which was European exclusive, same with Origins only getting an EU release.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcBL2hSRtzk

But yeah, it's a long game. The amount of content it had is pretty ridiculous, real shame it flopped as I do think it had quite a bit of love put into it. It's a bit rough around the edges especially now given how old it is, but I think it's a very solid JRPG. The Incorrupti had fantastic designs and the selling point that you basically turn into a towering OP boss-character for a while was a great mechanic.
>>
>>19064867
Oh man, Playstation Home. It's so weird that Playstation had this whole Second Life-ish thing that they actually used for advertising their games, and the only thing that remains of it is ancient YouTube videos.

It is indeed unfortunate that they put so much work into the game only for it to flop, but I guess the flipside is that by the time you're done with the game you're likely to have had your fill. I'll have to try it sometime if PS3 emulation is any good. Presumably there's also a way to modify saves to get any of the online-only stuff.
>>
>>18989903
Chronically underrated
>>
>>19067433
You are Dr. Right
>>
>>19069319
Who must fight the wight.
>>
>>19061987
Will you shut up, man?
>>
>>18989903
I remember when the first trailer came out, alongside Assassin's Creed, FFXIII, and Killzone 2. It was such a revelation. It's weird to look at it now and think how primitive the final game looks, because at the time the trailer looked so real.
>>
>>19031590
>>19032283
>>19032501
Sony's E3 2006 was on a completely other level though. Basically no games were working for the PS3 at the point, so Sony just had all the 3rd and 2nd-party devs submit trailers that LOOKED like gameplay but were actually just mock-ups and targets. KZ2's was infamously essentially benchmark that ran at 2FPS. That's 2 frames per second. It was the duck demo taken to 11. Basically never trust anything shown for a Sony console at E3 the year it launches.
>>
>>19052339
The ZOEs are basically LamboGundam.
>>
>>19064867
>>19066676
I miss Home. So much of it is lost media at this point. The World Cup tie-in virtual stadium? Gone. The fairly deep virtual board game you could play in the Uncharted tie-in space? Gone.

Honestly, if I was calling the shots at Sony, I'd be dumping massive amounts of money into integrating Home and Media Molecule's Dreams with PSVR. It's a little painful watching them throw away a chance to go toe-to-toe with Facebook et al. for creating the metaverse.
>>
>>19033541
This is insane. They basically just made an FMV and slapped an interface on top of it. This had to have been made illegal at some point, that's why they now have warnings on trailers that say "not actual gameplay footage."
>>
>>18989903
i remember watching the trailers a lot.
>>
>>19073016
Bit funny how ahead of the curve it was. I remember people thinking it was a weird thing at the time, but a decade later stuff like VR chat and its numerous offshoots are extremely popular now. Could've actually went somewhere if they hadn't dropped support for it.
>>
>>19074164
It was yeah, but they did that alot for early PS3 games because like mentioned, the PS3 was fucking hard to develop for and they seriously needed ANYTHING to make it look good (especially when it was so overpriced at launch) that they just tossed out concept trailers and pretended it was game footage.
>>
>>19018154
And PPSSPP runs great on a Switch. Which means one can have whole series on one device and on the go.
>>
>>19075201
Slightly irritating that PPSSPP works on Switch but there's still not a working Vita emulator at all.
>>
>>18989903
I still have the first game but I haven't played it that much. I think I dropped it after an hour. I remember kinda liking it but the "main character" you created just standing there like a retard and not doing anything in every cutscene was too dumb for me
>>
>>19075131
I hope someday we get a game that actually is like those trailers.
>>
File: endit.png (47 KB, 872x595)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
Fuck you OP, every time I see this thread it reminds me of how much fun I used to have playing this with the friends I made through Geonet. It really did not deserve the fate it got with all the work that was put into it. Even by today's standards the sheer amount of content it had is ridiculous, the mech designs were awesome and there were tons of environments and things to do in it's ridiculously long story that somehow managed to keep pushing things forward and wasn't just fetch quests. There'll probably never be anything like it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ayOAYAUMY

Somebody take me back.
>>
>>19075201
I'm pretty sure you can run ppsspp on a famicom
>>
File: white_knight_golfin.png (2.09 MB, 1600x900)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB PNG
This is probably old news, but I just found out that two years ago it actually got a collab in some golf game for the PS4, the White Knight himself and a themed cart+some Dark Cloud stuff. It'd have been the first time they've done anything with the IP since they shut down the servers nearly a decade ago as far as I'm aware. Bit of an odd choice for a collab, though it's nice to see it's not been entirely forgotten in an official capacity. We may never get a sequel but at least the White Knight can enjoy his retirement slashing golf balls around.
>>
>>19081170
Collabs can be pretty weird in general. Gunslinger Girl, an old anime from like 2002, which I feel comfortable mentioning on /m/ because it heavily features cyborgs, just recently got a collab even though the anime and manga have both been finished for many years with nothing new to advertise.
>>
>>18989949
Since you transform, isn't it more toku than /m/?
>>
>>19086802
Holy crap
>>
>>19088682
Bit of an overreaction.
>>
>>19080937
That image on the video is so early 2000s MySpace.
>>
>>18989903
I remember playing this and liking it
but I played it at my cousins house so I never got to fully enjoy it, and he later sold the game because he thought it was boring as fuck
>>
>>19093819
Have you ever really scared someone?
>>
>>19096401
This post scared me.
>>
>>18989903
Ate an entire White Knight Chronicles disc once.
>>
>>19102441
My PS3 did, I mean.
>>
>>19076665
It is critical that you play it.
>>
>>19105286
No take backs. You are now on record of eating a WKC disc.
>>
>>19076665
It gets abit better, especially more so if you enjoy comfy Level 5 adventure stories (although it follows the typical party formula that you'll be familiar with if you played their other games, like Rogue Galaxy). 2nd game fixes most issues people have with the original, comes with the original remastered, and ends with your created character taking stage for a sequel that never came.
Very much recommend if you like the feeling of adventure, say in style of Skies of Arcadia.
>>
>>19107273
The sequel for your created character was Vellgander and the avatar story quests that never left Japan.
>>
Aside from WKC, everything Level 5 made did well, and yet they're still struggling. Is this the curse?
>>
>>19110635
Or just a harsh?
>>
>>19032351
But gameplay trailers were also a thing back then as well. Without lies.
>>
>>18989903
You ever notice that nobody ever talks about Sumeria?
>>
>>18989903
Are there any wights in this game?
>>
>>19116858
Oh yeah, it's boring.
>>
>tfw the only figure they made of any designs from this series was sold at SDCC for one day and only 110 copies exist
It's not fucking fair.
>>
>>19119125
Kind of surprised it has any figures at all.
>>
>>19118412
Agh, you piss me off.
>>
>>19122520
Well be quiet.
>>
>>19124412
I'll catch that later.
>>
>>19126661
Dang it.
>>
>>18989949
>>18989903
Dont like how over designed they are.
>>
File: 1580637780714.png (618 KB, 462x1280)
618 KB
618 KB PNG
>>19129095
That's not overdesigned. THIS is overdesigned.
>>
File: 1577934128938.jpg (241 KB, 672x672)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>19132141
And THIS is CNN.
>>
>>19132141
yummy tummy
>>
>>19132141
this sorta works for overdesigned shit
like the Hyaku Shiki Kai
>>
>>19134416
What's wrong with the Hyaku Shiki Kai? Also, what do you mean "this sorta works"?
>>
>>19136938
HSK is really fucking busy
and that card deck girl sorta works

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.