[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vmg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: images.jpg (13 KB, 223x226)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>
X
>>
objectively not most powerful Gundam
>>
File: 1596254751485.jpg (28 KB, 223x226)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
A
>>
>>18783826
Turn an X
Its still an X
>>
File: Bloody Siege.webm (2.72 MB, 1440x1080)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB WEBM
>>18783894

Apparently it's "Turn" X because it can spread itself apart. I've no idea why that's the connection, but that's the show's own word on the matter. I love that the Turn X has it's own moustache regardless.
>>
>>18783795
Magnificent mobile suit. Classy and uber deadly.
It has the best head of all Gundams.
>>
>>18783795
TAN AY GONDUM
>>
File: ag-4koma03.jpg (227 KB, 505x1452)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>18783894
>>
>>18783839
rent free
>>
>>18783795
Dark History reveal was fucking awesome. Harry Ord best boy.
>>
G
>>
Pretty good series
>>
>>18783795
A Gundam
>>
>>18783914
Why does Gym call Loran "Laura Rola"
>>
>>18787480
Because Guin is a degenerate that made sure as many as people as possible unwittingly contribute to coercing Loran into becoming Laura.
>>
>>18787512
I mean probably this, but I also somewhat think the Japanese enjoy saying the word "Laura"
>>
>>18787708
no it's mainly because the whole show Loran was refererred by just about everyone but his close peers as "Laura", and he went along with it.
>>
>>18783795
Called
>>
>>18787781
But think about it "Laura is Rolla backwards" so that's why Japan enjoy it so much
>>
TURN AYY
>>
File: gnt-0000.jpg (28 KB, 400x400)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>18783839
Objectively wrong
>>
>>18783914
>Turn X gets tons of beams with little to no damage
and people were complaining about Gundam X doing the exact same thing with Double X in another thread
>>
>>18791835
I haven't watched X but theTurn A is a walking Minovsky field. It makes sense small beams wouldn't do much damage to it.
>>
>>18791898

The SUMO stoves the Turn A's head in with a simple punch, so it's armour is good against beams but not so much against physical damage.
>>
>>18787873
rora
>>
>>18783795
TURN A

GUNDAM
>>
>>18783795
TAAN EN TAAN
TAAAAAAN EEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
>>18783795
∀ GUNDAM
(Called Turn A Gundam)
>>
>>18783795
Horizontal Line V Gundam
>>
File: 3ebaddc1.jpg (211 KB, 849x536)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>
Show me your best KUTEpool!
>>
i hate this show for giving me a hard on for this guy
>>
>>
>>18788988
Turn A would wipe the floor with this crap.
>>
>>18793492
BEE LORAN
>>
>>18793488
It's not gay if he dresses up and pretends to be a girl for you, Guin.
>>
>>18783888
Impressive post.
>>
File: Do80SCgX0AA_2CE.jpg (103 KB, 1200x750)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>18792707
>>
File: 1521162754031.png (70 KB, 1056x438)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>
>>18794330
Turn 1 when?
>>
>>18794330
I really don't get these
>>
File: TurnA-KNAGxlc.jpg (237 KB, 1440x1080)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>18792707
believe it or not but there really is a Kapool hidden within this image
>>
>>18783914
Because it can turn itself into an X.
>>
>>18793492
>Do you know how to use a katana?
>Yeah I've used one once or twice
>>
>>18794369
Some of them are references to other mecha associated with that letter (G, I, O, W), some are 4chan/internet/general culture jokes (D is a dick, K is the murdercube, R is radioactive, etc.), some are actually based on them or their weapon resembling the letter (H, J, Q, W, Y).

I don't get some like E, F, and T though.
>>
Its mouth plate reminds me of Getter dragon
>>
So, was it confirmed that all gundam timelines canonically lead to turn A?
>>
>>18783795
OOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
>>
>>18799629
TAN A TAN, TAN A TAN, TAN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>18799633
*badap badup badupbadupbaa*
>>
>>18799633
TERN AYE GUNDUM
>>
File: ᗆ.jpg (25 KB, 226x223)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>
File: BellriGenki.jpg (539 KB, 1280x720)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>18783795
>>18783888
>>18800153
>>
File: turn a pt1.jpg (35 KB, 500x530)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>
File: turn a pt2.jpg (64 KB, 500x530)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>18801868
>>
>>18801868
>>18801872
CUTE! CUUUUUTE!!!
>>
File: 1541446907663.jpg (51 KB, 686x750)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>18801868
>>18801872
>>
File: MmmmMmmMMm.gif (671 KB, 500x450)
671 KB
671 KB GIF
>>18801868
>>18801872
>>
If Corin remembers the Wing Zero, does that mean Wing was the most recent cycle?
>>
>>18802063
No, we have no idea how long he was frozen.
>>
>>18802233
Eh, I mean we can kind of figure based on the fact that he knows who Dianna is, and Dianna had a romance with that guy from Earth before she was frozen and only one generation had passed since then in the events of Turn A ... So he would have only been frozen for 200 years or so, right?
Idk maybe I'm wrong about that.
>>
File: a.png (181 KB, 339x258)
181 KB
181 KB PNG
a
>>
File: Gundam ∀ 12.jpg (636 KB, 1790x1178)
636 KB
636 KB JPG
>>18802063, >>18802233, >>18802666
Nice trips, but they're wrong. First, Corin was explicitly stated to have been around before Moonrace records began: Dianna herself stated that (and said something like "so yah, I've no fucking clue why he was frozen") - it's not guaranteed that Moonrace records began at the "end" of the Dark History 2000 years ago (AKA when they fled up to Luna), but it's a fairly safe bet imo, and his lengthy cryo-time is the implied reason he's psychotic.

Second, re: "before she was frozen" Dianna was said (or at least circumstantially stated) to have been unfrozen and refrozen multiple times (though not since Moonrace began, as her ancestors were also Moonrace monarchs it seems). This does make me wonder why he knew her (or at least her family name), but it's possible he was unfrozen and refrozen at some point as well? This is a possible plot hole/contradiction.

Regardless, it's safe to assume he's from the Wing era - and since it seems unlikely he'd be e.g. frozen during Wing, then a cataclysm occurred, THEN another era (e.g. After War) happened and was also apocalyptically ended (all while he was safely able to remain cryogenically frozen and never uncovered during that inter-era), it's safe to assume Wing is, in Tomino's mind, the last era pre-CC.

So, to Tomino, it'd go something like:
... -> AD -> UC -> ?? -> ?? -> AC -> CC -> ...
The question marks being FC and AW (the two other existing AUs at the time), and the ellipses being possibilities (∀ stated UC was immediately after AD, and Tomino presumably intends AD to be the "first" timeline, with UC stemming from our "world": thus the first ellipses is unlikely). Later eras like CE, AG, and PD are presumably next to FC and AW.
>>18796864
To Tomino, the ones at the time did (in-universe, AKA disregarding symbolism). Obviously Imagawa/Ikeda/Takamatsu didn't intend for it.
>>
>>18803251
>... -> AD -> UC -> ?? -> ?? -> AC -> CC -> ...
>>18803251
Just stop trying to make sense of the Turn A timeline. You'll hurt your brain that way.
>>
>>18796864
>2020
>autist still taking this shit literally
It's just fanservice. A reference for fans. Narrative wise it doesn't matter, it could have been some random war or data to illustrate the point of Black History. Stop taking that so seriously.
>>
>>18803602
I mean it's not that hard. You can just take is as a symbolic and/or fanservice thing Tomino opted for, which is fine (similar to what >>18803621 is saying); you can also take it as a literal meta decision Tomino wanted to introduce - in which case, what I listed is the timeline circa 1999. Like I said the other directors of course didn't anticipate that, and presumably directors for Seed and 00 and later shit likewise worked without really thinking about that stuff. Either way though it ain't exactly rocket science with what it gives us
>>
Called "Turn A Gundam"
>>
>>18793492
I know Tomino endings cram a lot in, but this really would have been better if it had been forshadowed at some point.
>>
>>18803251

> it's not guaranteed that Moonrace records began at the "end" of the Dark History 2000 years ago (AKA when they fled up to Luna), but it's a fairly safe bet imo, and his lengthy cryo-time is the implied reason he's psychotic.

The timeline even in the show is slightly blurred, because while Sid tells Harry that he thinks the Turn A is about 2,500 years old and that the SUMO predates them (and the Moonrace), Sweatson states that Gym is 2,500 to 3,000 years old and Gym implies he's about that old too and that his ancestors founded the city of Ghengham on the Moon. The Moonrace seem to predate the Black History, and the Turn X appears to have fled to the Moon after it's defeat to the Turn A (or perhaps the Turn A defeated it on the Moon and went to Earth) and the Moonrace were waiting for the Earth to recover after the Black History and/or the Turn A's destruction of civilization closed the Black History. Then you have Dianna mentioning that UC was 5,000 or 10,000 years before the current day, depending on whether you go by the movies (5,000 years) or the TV animation (10,000) years. Of course, the change of calendars doesn't need to be exactly then or anything. It creates a slightly blurred timeline regardless though.

As for Corin? I've always assumed that even if he predates Dianna and/or the Moonrace themselves, that he at least fought at some point during their lifetime. Maybe even multiple times. He recognizes the ionic smell of the Moonlight Butterfly in action, and has memories of the Turn X in action at the very least and when he first arrives on Earth during the early show, one of the Dianna Counter engineer's recognizes him; which implies he was unfrozen relatively recently, but frozen again afterwards or else just kept otherwise occupied in some fashion. I think he might have been the original Turn X's pilot personally, and that that's why Corin hates the Turn A.
>>
File: poe.png (60 KB, 512x384)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
what exactly was her problem?
>>
>>18806612
Horny
>>
>>18804574
I didn't take too much faith in Sid's estimations, considering their technology for that shit most likely wasn't the best. I also don't recall ever hearing/seeing the line about Gym being that old; I think you're misremembering a line about Gym's family/army training for hundreds/thousands of years. Otherwise yes, it's fairly blurry (and that's kind of the point, considering the themes). Regardless of the era they closed out, the Turned A/Turned X fight in particular is difficult to imagine in a practical sense.

Corin's definitely a confusing aspect, since as you said other people recognised him (both Dianna and that engineer for two, and now that I think about it the latter just disappeared after a while?). Since he's been frozen for so long, causing his mental instability, it makes little sense that they had any reason to unfreeze him (at least with Dianna around/pre coup d'etat by Gym and Agrippa) - especially as it was implied he was incarcerated for war crimes of some sort. While I did agree that he's likely the Turned X's pilot here >>18784096, out-of-series I suspect he was rewritten after he was introduced (most likely after he was initially killed/written off), thus the discrepancy.
>>
>>18783795
Given Any Gundam
-or-
For All Gundam
>>
>>18803251
I really don't think it's worth it to estimate where Turn A fits in the timeline. If anything I just believe it takes place thousands, hundreds of thousands, or possibly even a million years into the future. That vast amount of time would allow for multiple civilizations to reach mobile suit tech before mass extinction.
>>
File: Turn-A's Age.webm (2.61 MB, 960x720)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB WEBM
>>18807160

> I didn't take too much faith in Sid's estimations, considering their technology for that shit most likely wasn't the best.

Horace was with him, but I did mis-remember the line somewhat regardless and Sid only says it's at least 2,350 years old and not about 2,500 as I recalled it being. So it could be older in his estimation, but he (and Horace presumably, given his silence) reckon it's younger than the Wilgame at the very least.
>>
File: Gym's Age.webm (451 KB, 1440x1080)
451 KB
451 KB WEBM
> I also don't recall ever hearing/seeing the line about Gym being that old

There's two lines that imply he's that old. One is very definitely talking about Gym, but it's Sweatson, so it's a second hand source, even if he's likely to at least know whether his superior has been using cyrosleep to avoid aging for a few millenia.
>>
File: Gym's hella old.webm (135 KB, 1440x1080)
135 KB
135 KB WEBM
Gym also makes a comment that gives a time-frame consistent with that, but is ambiguous in that it could refer to him personally or him as part of a greater group.

> Regardless of the era they closed out, the Turned A/Turned X fight in particular is difficult to imagine in a practical sense.

I'm pretty sure it's directly stated in show that the Turn-A closed out the Dark History after hundreds of years of warfare between various groups, though I'd have to go looking to find any such quote.
>>
File: Black History 06.webm (2.32 MB, 1440x1080)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB WEBM
Here's one part of it, with Agrippa and Dianna saying that the Dark History/Black History lasted hundreds of years.
>>
File: Turn-Armaggedon.webm (2.91 MB, 720x540)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
Then the second part with Agrippa talking about how the Turn A used the Moonlight Butterfly to close out that period of history.
>>
>>18788988

00 Quanta is Victory-2 Assault-Buster-tier.

It has nothing on God/Devil Gundam and Turn units.
>>
>>18808388
I don't think that's what it's saying. It's saying that the black history led to a large scale conflict that lasted one hundred years, not that the black history itself lasted one hundred years.
>>
>>18808451

So you're saying that the war lasting hundreds of years (not one hundred, hundreds) and that was closed out by the destruction of civilization isn't the period of history people have forgotten about but that the period people have forgotten about just led to that war. Which was also forgotten about.
>>
La La Lu~
La La Lu~
>>
>>18808366, >>18808374, >>18808382, >>18808388, >>18808390
>younger than the Wilgame
Well yeah, I expected it to have been made some time shortly before the end of the Dark History, since it was what had ended the most recent cycle and all. I find that line re: SUMO interesting - they say they're from the same era, but that their spare parts are from different eras? What is that even meant to imply?
>second line
Yeah, I definitely took this as being regarding his family, since their lineage kept being brought up,
>first line
Huh, that's an interesting line I somehow misremembered. If it's true it leaves a lot of questions and inconsistencies. I wonder if the subs are badly translated and a different amount of was intended (200-300?), or if it was meant to refer to his family, or if it simply was trying to say Sweatson's a dumbass.
>Turn-A closed out the Dark History, last two WEBMs
Oh yes, I knew/remembered that. I meant the literal fight between the two mobile suits - the choreography of it, so to speak. Turned A was meant to be fighting "for" Earth, presumably, but fought Turned X, "scarred" it, then Turned X somehow got buried on the Moon while Turned A turned on Earth and Moonlight Butterflied it to death, then decided to take a nap on top of the factory that designed it or some shit? I don't know, it's just confusing to think about.
>>18808388, >>18808451, >>18808458
In-WEBM, Dianna is explicitly saying that the Dark History itself led to the final war in which the Turned A appeared. Realistically it's all "Dark History" to their present day - that was just the finale/climax. What I find odder is the phrasing of it as mankind's "last war", about how humanity intended to start their "final war": by this point everyone in the series is at least somewhat aware there's been multiple eras and therefore multiple "final wars", right? That dialogue choice is odd.
>>
>>18811325

> I find that line re: SUMO interesting - they say they're from the same era, but that their spare parts are from different eras? What is that even meant to imply?

My reading is that because the SUMO was in use before the Turn X was discovered, and the Turn A built from studying it, the Turn A was a melding of the design sensibilities of the Turn X and the civilization that built the SUMO. However, the SUMO is a unit that is thousands of years old by the time of the show, and the Moonrace have been using it for all that time, so they had to start retrofitting the design in various ways to ensure it kept working alongside other units like the Mahiroo, the WaD and WaDom, the Zssa etc. All of which have very different design profiles, and so were probably all originally designed at different times, but which the Moonrace found or inherited and so were folded in to their civilization despite obviously coming from different backgrounds.

> I wonder if the subs are badly translated and a different amount of was intended (200-300?), or if it was meant to refer to his family, or if it simply was trying to say Sweatson's a dumbass.

If it's mistranslation, then it's a persistent one built on a really fundamental misunderstanding, because both the official subs and fansubs keep it as referring to Gym specifically and over a time frame of thousands of years. Which is odd, yeah, since it means he'd have been around since before the civilization ending disaster and may even have been around when the Turn A was built going off Sid and Horace's estimation. It's possibly meant to refer to how Gym is using training methods that are thousands of years old too, but if so, it's badly worded and/or translated.
>>
> Turned A

Why do you keep using the name "Turned A" rather than "Turn A" out of interest? The show literally includes the words "Called Turn A" in it's title cards. I know the mathematical symbol used for universal quantification is called a Turned A, but the show explicitly isn't.

> Turned A was meant to be fighting "for" Earth, presumably, but fought Turned X, "scarred" it, then Turned X somehow got buried on the Moon while Turned A turned on Earth and Moonlight Butterflied it to death, then decided to take a nap on top of the factory that designed it or some shit?

As far as I can figure, the pilot of the Turn A was wanted to wipe the slate clean on Earth, but the pilot of the Turn X didn't so the two duelled on the Moon, and the Turn A won. After which, the Turn A pilot flew to Earth, and used the Moonlight Butterfly to wipe out all technology, while the Turn X buried itself on the Moon. The two pilots buried caches of mobile suits with themselves though, for whatever reason. So there's caches on the Earth containing nukes, spare rifles and shields for the Turn A, Muttowoos, Kapools, Borjarnons etc. while the only ones we know of on the Moon are the Bandits. It's possible all the other unit types the Moonrace used, like the SUMO, Mahiroo etc. are ones that were recovered from mountain cycles over the centuries though.Q
>>
> by this point everyone in the series is at least somewhat aware there's been multiple eras and therefor multiple "final wars", right.

Most of the people in that room are just now coming face to face with their first evidence that there have been prior civilizations, so there's no reason to think they've processed or come to terms with that information. Dianna and Agrippa are the only two who've known about it for a while, and the idea that mankind "decided" on any kind of last war is really just flowery language for war of an unprecedented scale breaking out and lasting hundreds of years. Something that he thinks is behind them, and which is the mistake of a previous era, and which has no place in his, since he explicitly wants to kick all the people he sees as violent or barbaric off the Moon and leave all of that to Earth.
>>
File: zzz.png (891 KB, 1297x951)
891 KB
891 KB PNG
shhh Diana-sama is sleeping...
>>
File: moonlight butterfly.jpg (294 KB, 1500x1060)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
why did he do it bros?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.