[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: giant robo intro.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
Over the years, I've heard vague rumblings across various intersecting communities that Giant Robo's famous OVA, The Day the Earth Stood Still, is a flawed classic. That it's attempt to be an overall homage to Mitsuteru Yokoyama's many works did not pan out as intended. What sort of flaws do you think it has, if any? And if you don't see any flaws, or just not very many, then where do you think the perception of it being flawed came from?

For the opinion-less or uninterested, please consider this a Yokoyama thread.
>>
Literally the only flaw i can think of is that it's presented with the intent of keeping viewer up to speed within the context of the OVA's original release schedule.
So when you watch the episodes in quick succession you end up with a lot of repeated exposition and flashbacks of shit you just saw. But that's easy to look past, because it kicks ass otherwise.
>>
File: 58853349_p3.png (199 KB, 637x779)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
The only flaw I can think of is that there's not more of it.

If you offer up some people saying what flaws they think are there then we can have some discussion, but vague "some people say it's flawed" is just...it's not even bait.
>>
It's simple
The good bits are really really fucking good
The bad bits are both the majority and a slog though
>>
I guess there's a bit of a contrast between the first 4 and last 3 episodes which isn't handled perfectly, which is how the rest of the Magnificent 10 are suddenly introduced and we get a load more Experts of Justice as well. There could have been some more mentions/cameos from them in the earlier episodes to set up the sudden massive cast size increase better. Obviously we would have seen them in the other installments if they were created, though.
>>
I love Giant Robo, but there's one thing that doesn't seem to make sense to me.

If Vogler was able to record a message explaining everything before he died, why the fuck did he set it to play AFTER the objective was completed? Was it misplaced trust in his son to understand his good intentions?
>>
How did one of the three prototype Shizuma drive end up in pro. Shizuma's hands?
I thought all 3 was given to Genya after it was finished.
>>
>>18704577
It's implied that Koumei might've deliberately lost them and that he was building up to this plan ever since he was promoted.

Also if you're interested in what scraps of info there is about the GR world, this document is the place to go:
https://mega.nz/file/XkNT0KBL#-0WBZrCzP1nTW3QhL2zy5WNGSYxTs9uxUHFRV0FqqoA

The translated stuff from the discotek release says that he was an esteemed scholar and scientist prior to joining BF so I guess that explains. Just another thing that would've probably been built in the other intended chapters.
>>
>>18703287
>What sort of flaws do you think it has, if any?

The graphics are fucking beautiful but there's way too little Giant Robo action in it.

/m/utterings aside, it was definitely too short to fully expand on its cast; the OVA built an amazing background that is only slightly explored. And as most here would know, the entire story is propelled on the premise of a misunderstanding plot; those types are really very hit-or-miss as far as appeal goes, and especially for this case, once the heat of the moment has passed it's very hard to overlook what should have been a more sensible option, as >>18704454 noted. That said, though, I enjoyed it a lot for being a short but driven action story, and it's all the more a pity that the only part of this could-have-been world we got to see was during a very specific timeframe of it.
>>
File: 1560858533440_118943.png (88 KB, 480x640)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>
I'm seeing some really good criticisms here, better than the weirdo who samefags and spouts how much the toku is better and then whines about it on Twitter.
>>
>>18703287

This >>18704454 is the only real flaw I can give to the series, I chalk it up to the characters mind set when the recordings were made but I get it if that doesn't cut it with some people.

And while it's not a flaw, like others have said it's made to be the first glimpse into a bigger world so certain storylines and characters don't get much development because it wasn't thier time to shine yet.

I can't stress enough how much I love this OVA, and I hope you give it a chance.
>>
>>18707646
You're talking about Deimos Z aren't you?
>>
The media res thing definitely does harm the OVA series only a slight bit because some characters like the Ryouzanpaku characters and the Mag10 except Alberto have no depth to them in the actual OVA whereas if you download+read>>18705389 there's whole backstories and arcs for them.

The final episode is also clearly rushed trying to jam in and wrap up as many plot points as possible and the misunderstanding plot really falls flat at the end.

That said it did do its main themes of the dangers of the future and the legacy between child+parent really well.

Is Tetsujin 28 2004 good or does it have similar issues as GR.
>>
>>18703578
Put your trip back on jack
>>
>>18708097
Jack wouldn't use obscure Japanese fanart though.
>>
>>18707787
Yep and now they quit twitter because they got exposed and deleted about GR OVA fans being "toxic".
>>
Can someone put up that Anime discussion show/ Giant Robo Round table? Maybe with english sub titles. Would really appreciate that.
>>
>>18708066
Tetsujin 2004 is amazing, its only issue is that it's barely animated and there's a couple of weaker episodes in the middle
>>
https://youtu.be/7DB6EggrwMM

Someone uploaded all 7 episodes with English subs in high quality. Watch before YouTube takes it down.
>>
File: 208full.jpg (10 KB, 208x220)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>18708571
Did he really think Johnny Sokko was the greatest TV series ever made?
>>
>>18710962
No, just literal autism. He was really fixated on the tokusatsu to the point that it controlled his life.

He also has a really creepy fetish for Polynesians. Thank God he's gone.
>>
File: IMG_20200710_195408.jpg (258 KB, 981x1024)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>
>>18710962
Of the four main Showa Toku that got exported to the US in the 60s/70s it is the most entertaining one
>>
>>18708066
>Is Tetsujin 28 2004 good or does it have similar issues as GR.

Its like GR but slightly more grounded in reality.
>>
>>18710959
Based.
>>
File: EPa9RwEUYAUs-cX.jpg (55 KB, 1024x980)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>18708066

>the Mag10
>have no depth

Hold my shizuma device:

https://mega.nz/folder/X4NFzSxC#KeLscxemfyIcgiMg30sf8g
>>
>>18714833
But that's something the actual OVA never shows you so how is anybody supposed to know all about characters like Yuuki, Zangetsu etc unless they go out of their way to search up info on it, which most of it wasn't even available in English until around last year. All you could from the OVA is Yuuki talks to animals and is friends with Kawarazaki and literally nothing from Zangetsu.

They probably are fleshed-out characters but the fact that this was the only chapter made means we didn't get to see that side of them.
>>
>>18716606

But he's managed to get something about him translated unlike the rest of the Mag10.
>>
>>18718115
I was referring to the Bio document not the fan-comic which was Japanese originally, where they have easy access to the info. Here, we had only those liner notes and early 00's websites until B°A and ST got stuff compiled.

My point still stands, anyone watching only the OVA will see the Magnificent Ten apart from Alberto and maybe Hanzui as minor irrelevant characters.
>>
File: Giant Slobo! Punch-Eee!.jpg (1.43 MB, 1221x1596)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
Go! Slobo!
>>
>>18707062
Shotaro>Daisaku
>>
>>18720553
At least Shotaro is a good protagonist.
>>
>>18720553
>>18722357

The Virgin Daisaku
>idiot boy who literally only knows how to wash GR and shout at him to break things at age 12
>originally was a teenager in the manga later de-aged in subsequent adaptations to be more like Shotaro
>no love interests; Gin-Rei treats him like a little brother
>treats GR like a toy or instrument rather than a friend for most of the series
>tries to be Shotaro 2.0
>only Boomers remember him

The Chad Shotaro
>detective boy genius and university graduate at age 10
>no need for drastic age-shifts and ages like a fine wine
>namesake of the Shotacon complex; his legal guardian's daughter and his other guardian's secretary lust after him; he gets a wife and a son
>Tetsujin-28 is revered like a brother and equal to him
>protagonist that pioneered the mecha genre
>the inspiration for the Akira manga
>>
>>18722977
The funniest thing to me about Shotaro is that he is regularly shown driving a car
>>
>>18722977
You forgot to add:
>No-one likes Daisaku, the IPO just put up with him because they need Giant Robo
>can't even fight against the Magnificent Ten
>coward
>brings shame to his father
>Taisou and the others don't like him, they just pity him
>whole identity tied to Giant Robo
>destroyed Shanghai due to an inferiority complex
>ugly twink

Shotaro:
>Loved and valued by everyone in the police force
>has either a light-hearted rivalry with two Yakuza brothers or is able to fully keep up against their antics depending on the adaptation
>A brave little trooper
>cleared his father's name and brings honour
>Extremely useful and is more competent than adults
>Sees Tetsujin as a extension to him, willing to give it up
>Saved Japan from Western Capitalists
>cute innocent boy who must be protected
>>
>>18708097
>>18708231
Hang on, are you guys talking about me? I haven't even seen TDTESS yet tho. Also, I wouldn't post as Anon (at least not on /m/), though I can't deny I've been tempted to make a few anonymous shitpost threads. Only time I've done that is when Corona-meme forced me to (and possibly a few times a couple years ago? I can't remember admittedly).
>>18705389
Gomen B°A, but I've been binging Gundam X & slacking on my shit. Not sure if you've noticed yet but I actually split up the Yokoyama stuff into two folders like I said I would. Can't remember if I said that last thread. Haven't uploaded/sorted the artbook shit yet. Folder 2: https://mega.nz/#F!3MwhQAwA!tTP4LlU9AWlNqO6SK_35Hg (stuff may be shifting around slightly still since I still haven't finished comparing with that link you gave me last time. I still have it in my tabs, though), in case you want to give that to your Tumblr buddy or whatnot.
>>
>>18724743
to clarify, the first link (the "original" link) is still good, and is for everything up until 1971. That second link is everything from 1972 onwards. Those dates should be good for the foreseeable future (AKA until we get TLs of all this stuff done).
>>
>>18723015
Can someone draw this?
>>
>>18724743
That reminds me, give me a list of all the manga from ST's link that you don't have in your folder yet and I can provide the year they were first published in and what year.

Has ST posted recently?
>>
Was I supposed to watch or read something before this 7 episode OVA? Because it felt like I was stumbling into an ensemble capeshit movie; the cast was totally bloated and only defined by their silly superpowers with no introduction or anything. I didn't really care about any of the characters (except for the old Taoist guy, he's fun). The story had some really dogshit pacing too with how they redundantly dole out the exposition regarding Bashtartle and how excessively they focus on Johnny Sokka being a whiny bitch, like we get it he's a boy in a war, get on with it y'know. Can't help but feel you could remove the boy and his robot and you'd have a better, leaner story due to how barely /m/ related it was.
Despite the godly animation, it was pretty disappointing.
>>
>>18728545
t.DaimosZ
>>
>>18728568
It's my first time watching I don't get the reference
>>
>>18727555
>year
Kek dates are usually pretty easy to find, it's just laziness on my part. Though I am confused re: Queen Phoenix (MangaUpdates says 2014??), 鉄甲軍団 ほか八編 (copyright says 2000), and 蛟竜 風雲児 黒田如水伝. I can't recall if I bothered to look them up in JP Wiki or anything similar desu.
>S.T.
Not since the end of March (https://desuarchive.org/m/search/username/S.T./), though he may have done so as anon (he implied a while back that he was only going to use the handle when he was updating on scans).
>>
>>18730422
You can always refer to Yokoyama's official homepage and type up the name of the manga:
https://yokoyama-mitsuteru.com/database/user/Search.php?search_sort_value=m_4&search_sort=ASC&search_limit=30&template_name=work_list.html&main_table_no=1
>>
>>18722977
>he gets a wife and a son

When was this?
>>
File: DSC_0931.jpg (1.12 MB, 2431x1368)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>buy manga in japanese
>can't read japanese
I look at cool pictures but still don't get what's happening, is there detailed synopsis for this in english?
>>
>>18733470
Tetsujin-28 FX. Another Yokoyama adaptation with no subs but you can probably find raws on YouTube if they are still there.
>>
>>18733743
No
>>
>>18733743
>The Day the Earth Burned
>Siege of Babel
honestly you're not missing much. The writing quality is definitely a downgrade from the original OVA its based on. And from what I heard both series end in ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER
>>
>>18733743
The plots of those manga is literally an excuse to get random characters to fight each other and fanservice for lolicons and fujos

Also Daisaku is hinted to be Babel III.
>>
>>18733743
you better learn to read those moonrunes, son
>>
>>18728545
>imagawashit
>worth watching
lmao don't fall for the meme
>>
GR was a good OVA
>>
I wish we could see more of it.
>>
>>18709289
>a couple of weaker episodes in the middle
There's not a single episode I didn't like, if you mean the standalone ones, they're very close to the manga stories they were originally based on, more so than the ones that were part of the bigger plot.
>>
>>18744187
How accurate is the 2004 anime to the manga, arc by arc?
>>
File: intredasting.jpg (66 KB, 273x273)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>18739880
>fanservice for lolicons
I don't believe you. I demand photographic evidence and lots of it.
>>
>>18746694
Look at any scenes with Sally and Shotaro in those mangas, they are both nude at some points and Ogin has a whole dream sequence where the young her injects her boobs to enlarge them so she could hit on Lin Chong and Ryu Murasame. Otsuka's whole subplot in TDEB is literally buildup just to make a Shotacon reference joke.

Ryu looks crazy as fuck being shirtless and having a large bulge and that's because he grew a small following of horny fans after 2004 Tetsujin and going off what B°A said, Imagawa even favoured him.
>>
>>18746724
>what B°A said, Imagawa even favoured him.

Not exactly, he stated that Ryuusaku was what he saw in an ideal man around 2004. The rumors of Imagawa favouring or having an obsession for the guy is just as much of an rumor as the whole Chuujou~Gou being an self-insert for Imagawa.

I can get why people began to think that esp. after the movie was released since Ryuusaku is shirtless and ripped, rides a plane and has his hair undone etc. Imagawa's comments on art of Genya with a speedo do support the rumour that Imagawa is a bisexual man.

Ryuusaku also cameoed in alot of Yokoyama manga too. So if Ginrei is the female sex symbol among Yokoyama's pantheon then Ryuusaku could be considered the male sex symbol of Yokoyama's characters.

>>18746694
The link for TDEB is here, though the scenes in question I can't remember nor do I want to for the scenes in which what the anon above was talking about:
https://mega.nz/folder/u99mSKzA#4a2VZbC20e-CA-2Nk7rQjA
>>
>>18746533
The 2004 anime and the manga are very far apart from each other. The villains in the manga had puddle-deep characterization, basically what you could expect from a Silver Age comic book story. The closest thing to the manga story-wise would actually the TV anime from the 1960s, which takes its own spin on the story anyway. Imagawa took the stories from the original manga and expanded them into a single, albeit cryptic plot. Kind of wonder how good on terms Imagawa was with the author. As the rumor goes, Yokoyama gave Imagawa the idea to destroy Tetsujin-28 the way he always intended to by melting him in the foundry because thats how he wanted the manga to end.

On a side-note, its ironically tragic how Yokoyama died shortly after the first episode of Tetsujin-28 2004 aired.
>>
>>18723015
>saved Japan from western capitalists
Well, he’s about ten years too late.
>>
>>18725041
Fresh off the presses
>>
>>18747136
added more text but looks more crowded
>>
>>18747136
>>18747138
Ouch!
>>
>>18747138

Shotaro was aged-up once though. In Wrongest Tetsujin.
>>
>>18747215
twice actually if you acknowledge Tetsujin-28 FX
>>
>>18744187
>There's not a single episode I didn't like
I agree, but the teleporter episode is quite forgettable, as is Dr Black to a lesser degree. The zoo worker is one of the best in the show though and just a great episode in its own right.
>>
>>18747138
Based, love how the title fonts resemble the series' they're from.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (226 KB, 364x750)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>18746745
>So if Ginrei is the female sex symbol among Yokoyama's pantheon then Ryuusaku could be considered the male sex symbol of Yokoyama's characters.
>>
>>18748743
Yamero
>>
>>18748743
What does it say?
>>
>>18747324

Wrongest Tetsujin is FX.
>>
File: BigFireHQ.jpg (568 KB, 861x488)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
>>18747136

The Thad Yuuki Vs The Lad Mars Vs The Gad /Babel/Big Fire
>>
>>18750189
But Yuuki's friends are literal animals. He's an incel.

If anything a Virgin Kenji v Chad Ryu or Chad Yomi vs Virgin Babel would make more sense
>>
>>18751239
>>18750189
Where do you think the Yokoyama characters fit in the virgin-Chad spectrum. I think it's like this

Virgins:
>Daisaku
>Genya
>Gou
>Zangetsu
>Yuuki
>Shikishima

Chads:
>Shotaro
>Taisou
>Chuujo
>Alberto
>The main Sangokushi cast
>Mars
>Hanzui
>Ryuusaku

Ginrei and Youshi are definitely Staceys
>>
>>18752682
>>18751239

>The Virgin Yuuki

This is going to suck hard...
>>
>>
>>18754317
So why did the other three of the Magnificent 10 decide to go on with the mission anyway? We’re they privy to Komei’s schemes or kept in the dark?
>>
>>18755093
It's stated that those 3 aren't involved as much in BF's affairs as the other members and are more hired help. They just need to do their jobs and that's all BF needs of them.
>>
>>
>>18750189

The Virgin Big-Fire Members:

>Zangetsu
>Jujoij
>Doki
>Ivan

The Chad Big Fire Members:

>Alberto
>Hanzui
>Red Mask
>Fitzcarrald

It would seem kinda wrong to put Yuuki and Kawarazaki into the mix, especially since they don't fit well into either end of the spectrum.
>>
File: GiantRoboBigFire.png (771 KB, 850x567)
771 KB
771 KB PNG
>>18759745

>It would seem kinda wrong to put Yuuki and Kawarazaki into the mix, especially since they don't fit well into either end of the spectrum.

So they'd be more like Brads, then.

Replace Ivan with Genya in Virgins and we're golden.

Or perhaps..Big Golden...
>>
>>18760132

The Wizard Koumei Vs The Thad Ko-Enshaku
>>
>>18751239
>Virgin Kenji v Chad Ryu

GR and 2004 Kenji seem alright, Movie Kenji is a grovelling idiot who simps for a literal shotacon. If GR-2004T28 Kenji is a Chad then his brother is a Giga Chad.
>>
File: 4805.jpg (19 KB, 360x360)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
does anyone know if this has been subbed?
>>
>>18764439
As in, GR 2007
>>
>>18764439
Yes it has
animeshinigami.altervista dot org/joomla/nostre-serie/1845-gr-giant-robo-sub-english
>>
>>18760560
>GR-2004T28 Kenji is a Chad
>gets gangbanged by a bunch of Japanese drunks
>gets gangbanged by a bunch of American thugs
>causes Tokyo to burn AGAIN
>only uses a gun at the end of the series
>leaves behind a qt3.14 to so she can move on to be a Christmas Cake for Shotaro
nah man
>>
>>18764632
Chad Ryu:
>Quit the military to look after his brother after becoming orphans
>Took in another orphan just because
>voiced by Wakamoto
>muscular
>snazzy clothing and (literally) sharp hair
>died to save Kenji and Shotaro
>rides a fucking plane to stop Daitetsujin and survives getting stabbed and crashing in the movie
>Yokoyama loved him so much he cameos in other manga
>Imagawa loved him so much that he turned him into fujobait in the movie and GR mangas
>the most lewded T28 character after Shotaro
>>
File: Kenji_Faps_To_Ryuusaku.jpg (130 KB, 1076x720)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>18764632
>>18764665
Kenji will always be in the shadow of his more based big brother
>>
>>18764665
Kenji doesn't deserve Ginrei. He's also a 27 year old dating a 18 year old.

Maybe it's because they have the same seiyuu but I have a feeling that Ryu would get along really well with Taisou (and Tetsugyu too)
>>
File: HuSanniang.jpg (290 KB, 1000x827)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
>>18765009

It feels wrong for Ginrei to be 18. I think she mentioned that she was Daisaku's age during the tragedy of Bashtarle. If that's the case, shouldn't she be 22?

Nonetheless, what matters is not the age gap, but that Kenji did his job in GR. Then again, I'm starting to think that that conversation between him and Daisaku shouldn't really have happened between them.

Don't get me wrong. The message and theme was important, but considering the recent chart above and Kenji's portrayal as a character, the characterization of Giant Robo, afaik, is really starting to fall apart...

It'd be nice to see characters that were unseen, discarded, or underdeveloped. Like Koushin, Yuuki, and Kosannjo.
>>
>>18765346
>but considering the recent chart above and Kenji's portrayal as a character

Did I miss something. Are you talking the greentext about Kenji v Ryu

>Kosannjo
Who's that? Is that the lady in the pic?
>>
>>18766653
Kosanjo is Sunny's mother, she's from Suikoden and all that's said about her is that she was a strong magician who was neutral in the IPO-BF conflict. She's dead before the events of the OVA though.
>>18765346
>that conversation between him and Daisaku shouldn't really have happened between them.

Looking at those translated notes, that conversation only seems like filler to us because we didn't get to see the full story. It seems that GR Kenji has some history with Daisaku because of his brother's involvement with GRs escape. Imagawa kind of admitted that Kenji and Tetsugyu serve to act as contrasts between one who has already become a "man" and one who is still a child in mind.

But I feel like the same message was already easily put across with Taisou's sacrifice and Koushin slapping him basically served the same purpose that Kenji's argument with Daisaku did.
>>
>>
I kind of want Giant Robo to come back, but at the same time, feel that a more contemporary adaptation will ruin a lot of things. And then the zoomers will flood the threads looking for “lore”.
>>
>>18766731

>Looking at those translated notes, that conversation only seems like filler to us because we didn't get to see the full story. It seems that GR Kenji has some history with Daisaku because of his brother's involvement with GRs escape. Imagawa kind of admitted that Kenji and Tetsugyu serve to act as contrasts between one who has already become a "man" and one who is still a child in mind.

Seems as such. It seems that until the Earth Cessation operation, Daisaku went into hiding with the Murasame family. I have a theory that by the time Big Fire was revealed by Koumei in "Greatest Battle" that it would eventually bring Robo, Daisaku, and Kenji out of hiding and make them full-fleshed members of IPO by the time the following OVA (Earth Stood Still starts).

>Imagawa kind of admitted that Kenji and Tetsugyu serve to act as contrasts between one who has already become a "man" and one who is still a child in mind. But I feel like the same message was already easily put across with Taisou's sacrifice and Koushin slapping him basically served the same purpose that Kenji's argument with Daisaku did.

Now that you mentioned it, it does seem to be more of a contrast between the usage of Tetsugyu and Kenji Vs Taiso and Koushin. However, I think that each character was necessary to help give Daisaku perspective on life in different ways. In some ways, the characters do compliment each other, as Tetsugyu and Taiso, being brothers, help build Daisaku's emotional growth whereas Kenji and Koushin encourage Daisaku to keep their chins up in the face of adversity (and to also help them man up in a sense). It's more of a balance to have all 4 together, but I can see why one might be favored over another, but I don't see how it would be possible to have them removed, as each also had their own goals, especially with Taiso and Kenji regarding the former's squabble with Alberto and the latter's investigation of the eye of Vogler.

Cont.
>>
File: GreatestBattleAlt3.jpg (606 KB, 663x983)
606 KB
606 KB JPG
>>18771288

Then again, having as many characters inserted as possible was probably more important for Imagawa, especially given the over-ambitious nature of the series, which, despite the amount of potential lore, won't be able to see the light of day.
>>
>>18771288
>Daisaku went into hiding with the Murasame family.

Daisaku proper joins IPO after the Domino Operation where Ryuusaku died for Daisaku's sake, that's probably when Kenji joined too. But that would change the conversation's tone by alot, is Kenji angry at Daisaku? Is Kenji in love in Ginrei because she could relate to her power separating her from her family? In the Japanese script he outright thanks Ginrei for being the only one in IPO who was ever understood him.

In the novel version which is supposed to be what Imagawa intended, Kenji isn't even part of the IPO, he's just a gangster under the guise of an detective.

>Then again, having as many characters inserted as possible was probably more important for Imagawa, especially given the over-ambitious nature of the series, which, despite the amount of potential lore, won't be able to see the light of day.

It's sad we likely won't see this come to fruition. A part of me thinks that the modern anime industry the way that it is, it would be really watered down. It all depends on whether Hikari Productions is willing to license off their works for adaptations. But even then, SRW had to scrap an entire subplot because of GR's copyright issues.
>>
It had so many cool-ass scenes

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.