[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Big O.jpg (128 KB, 635x478)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
Could Big O get a season 3?
Would you want Big O to get a season 3?
>>
>>17049359
Nah, S2 pretty much revealed everything despite how a little lacking in some parts it was to s1.
>>
>>17049359

What else is there even left to explore in a third season?
>>
>>17049376
It was just meant to be a fun action show. Just an empty canvas for a fun capers to take place and be unraveled and capped off with a giant robot fight.

I guess I would be fine with a movie. Just make it like a normal episode, only longer, like the Cowboy Bebop movie. It doesn't need to have a profound implication for the plot. Just be fun.
>>
>>17049390
And have redditors complain that it didn't reveal it's mystery, that the mystery was lackluster than what they had imagined, or that the revelation turned into an even bigger mystery?
>>
>>17049376
What
>>17049390
said
Beside, this show was one of a kind, I want more mecha noir batman
>>
>>17049390
>>17049398

Well if that's what you want, then maybe a mid-series movie or even a prequel film would work. Have it slightly tie in with the series ending. A sort of "Fire Walk With Me" but for Big O would be great.
>>
>>17049359
I'd like a show that's like Big O to be made, though not necessarily Big O itself. They wrapped everything up pretty nicely in the second season's ending somehow, but the kind of atmosphere and style Big O had is criminally underrated. I wouldn't even mind if it didn't have mechs, I just want more of that noir feel.
>>
>>17049473
Not enough noir anime out there unfortunately.
>>
>>17049492
Yeah. I can't exactly claim be looking for it, but the style isn't really all that prevalent anymore. Which is a shame, because most of noir shows was pretty quality, or at least interesting.
>>
>>17049359
>Could Big O get a season 3?
I don't think so. It was more popular here than in Japan of course but I don't think it would find a wide enough audience to justify a revival on Netflix or whatever.
>Would you want Big O to get a season 3?
Season 2 pretty much closed all those doors and suffered as a result of its hunt for closure. I do wish we had gotten a season 2 more akin to season 1, but that ship has long sailed and I don't think it would be a natural regression. I would love to see more shows like Big O, though, that prioritized episodic stories.
>>
>>17049408
See you in 25 years!
>>
Probably won't be anytime soon, but if Sunrise got the OG team and did an adventure of the week with maybe a loose B-plot threat throughout, then yeah I'd be into it. He's easily one of my favorite mecha. Would love to see him in action again.
>>
>>17050425
>In action
Ayy
>>
>>17049359
No and no. Big O is done and over, let it rest with a somewhat decent ending. As others have said I wouldn't mind another show to have a similar aesthetic.
>>
>>17049359
Big O doesn't need a season 3 but a movie to wrap up the remaining loose ends would be perfect.
>>
>>17050768
>somewhat decent ending
Let's not get crazy, now. 'It was all a show' is a lazy copout of an ending.
>>
>>17052851
I mean the whole it was all a show was kind of obvious with the whole its showtime, the name of the episodes being called acts and s2 literally starting with Roger looking at a play of his life in one scene. Though I guess going the literally way of it was kind of a weird mind fuck.
>>
>>17052851
Hah yeah maybe I was being too nice, though as not anon said they didn't just come up with that ending out of nowhere. I doubt a third season could fix the plot issues the second brought up.
>>
Hey does anyone have the images of interview with the Director talking about the show and the ending?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.