[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 30 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

>Super Sudarso Bros Edition

Power Rangers Legacy Wars: Street Fighter Showdown short film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luI0jRMUjFo

Tommy vs. Evil Tommy (Extended):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az9ioxAyoe4

Beast Morphers Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0maUw7i8wRI

Lightning Collection Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQHpxoNDZOE

BOOM! Studios Comics:
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Vol. 1 - Latest Volume)
- Go Go Power Rangers (Vol. 1 - Latest Volume)
- Power Rangers: Pink
- Power Rangers: Aftershock
- Power Rangers: Lost Chronicles
- Justice League / Power Rangers

https://www.mediafire.com/?w806xqswst6v8
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-uXKBhNeSFJU0tHRWEtb2stUkk?usp=sharing

Coming Soon:
- Power Rangers: Soul of the Dragon
(preview: http://news.tokunation.com/2018/11/30/power-rangers-soul-of-the-dragon-graphic-novel-preview-57083)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/165626423/power-rangers-heroes-of-the-grid-board-game

Previous thread: >>16994478
>>
>>17040278
I figured the Christmas episode will involve those 2
>>
Seriously, no Beast Morphers trailer after the final episode? What are you doing Nickelodeon?
>>
>>17040278
Not gonna lie, looking at some of these new Rangers has been motivating me to get back into my prime shape. Mirins left and right.
>>
Sucks that the cast of the Neo Saban era are unironically based (aside from one), yet they're wasted on a crappy production crew.
>>
>>17040940
>Minus one

Do tell
>>
>>17040986
Micheal Taber is kind of a whiny cunt.
>>
>>17041004
He thinks he's too good to play Adam DeVine's stunt actor.
>>
>>17041004
How
>>
>>17041103
He REEEEEEEEEEEEE'd about PR not getting him better acting roles. He's also the reason why we didn't get a full on Dino Charge/Ninja Steel team up.
>>
Disney Brain reviewed Ninja Steel. He tries to find some things to praise, but thought it was a shit season, saying that even Overdrive was more ambitious.
https://youtu.be/2CPqQ4T4J0E
>>
>>17040278
>tfw I fapped to a fic of these two fucking once
>>
>>17041124
At least Overdrive has Flurious.
>>
>>17041107
Usually Power Rangers doesn’t do much for careers, minus the RPM cast and Bosch.
>>
>>17041213
Exactly, so I don't know what the fuck he was expecting. Also, Keith Robinson is arguably the most successful PR alum. He was in fucking Dreamgirls.
>>
Can't believe I'm saying this but I thought the Xmas special was pretty damn good. First off no Vic and Monty, which automatically bumps it up a couple of points.

It felt a bit like the Zordon era to me the way it made use of old villains and Rangers. I wish there was more of that versus each season feeling like it's inside a vacuum outside of team-ups.

It redeems the anniversary special for not giving us a Sudarso brothers moment, and considering how jam packed that episode was it was for the best to just give them an additional episode for fan service.

Sledge's crew was also a pleasure to watch compared to the Ninja Steel villains, though I don't understand why Fury and Curio weren't in either episode Sledge and co appeared.

I was also surprised that it seemed to have some actual budget versus being a cheap clip show, though there was still the clip show element, but it was at least minimal. I don't understand why it was necessary at all given the money the spent on other things. Would it have really broken the bank to film a couple of extra scenes to avoid needing that? Even if it was just characters sitting around bullshitting it would be preferable to watching scenes from past episodes.

Overall I think it was a surprisingly high note for the neo-Saban era to end on, though that might just be because my expectations were in the gutter.
>>
So how likely is Beast Morphers gonna suck?
>>
>>17041242
Not to mentioned that it seems the rangers seem to keep their Ninja Steel Star powers in the end.
>>
>>17042462
same staff as Ninja Steel, so pretty high
>>
I wonder if Power Rangers would get daring again and put some Zord carnage
>>
>>17041242

I wonder if the Fury and Curio suits aren't in good enough condition anymore?
>>
>>17041242
I enjoy Sledge, but I think that he comes off as a villain that the writers never know what he’s supposed to be: A threat or comedy relief. It sort of reminds me of Lothor, who started off intense and ended that way, but for most of the show came off as a doofus.
>>
>>17041124
But he is an Overdrive apologist so that doesn't mean anything.
>>
File: Furio.jpg (50 KB, 600x552)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>17043624
As has been established, Fury and Curio did a fusion dance when they made it into the main universe.
>>
>>17043624
That's a possibility, but I think the more likely scenario is that Chip and co doesn't understand his own timeline and which versions of the characters should still be alive.
>>
>Supersonic/Psycho Green didn't have a helmet during the story
well that's stupid
>>
>>17045099
Physical or digital copy?
>>
>>17045193
I just read comments online about it
The Power Rangers wiki already has pictures of all the Supersonic Rangers right now
Speaking of them, Trey wrote an entire story bible to them so they may come back if given the chance
https://twitter.com/TreyMoore1983/status/1065383726476079105
>>
>>17043916
Apologist or not, saying something is "worse than Overdrive" carries some weight to it.
>>
>>17045206
>The other Rangers were named Brute(blue), Gent(black) and Pyre(yellow)
Somehow that's more disappointing than anything else.
>>
so the graphic novel of "Soul of the Dragon" came out today, what does anyone think of it?
>>
>>17048034
Where is it out? I'm seeing 11th on Amazon and 18th on Google Play. I'm sure most won't read it till it's posted for free regardless.
>>
>>17048088
It's been dumped on /co/
>>
>>17048107
Also, in the comic its seems to confirm that Tommy's Master Morpher includes his Turbo Powers as well.
>>
>>>/co/104532377
>>
>>17048344
We already knew it would. When people questioned Turbo's omission JDF said he would use it in SOTD.
>>
>>17048107
Perhaps someone can story time here since it's gone?
>>
>>17048725
It's not though?
>>
>>17048752
Maybe I'm missing it. I see SoD but nothing about the Supersonic stuff.
>>
File: KAT14.jpg (11 KB, 288x216)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>17048357
>tfw kat is the undisputed winner of the tommybowl and kimfags are on suicide watch
>>
>>17048777
No one said anything about Supersonic, learn to follow a reply chain.
>>
SPD being set in 2025 is going to fuck them so hard. Why did they do that?
>>
>>17049189
Lack of foresight/care. Kalish openly didn't watch a single past episode before his season. His show was a special snowflake that didn't need to take the decade plus history into account at all, nor worry about how it would effect the franchise as a whole moving forward.
>>
>>17049204
>implying PR has ANY foresight
Nigga we're 20 years post colonizing another planet and all Earth has to show for it is one chick being able to build a hoverboard.
>>
>>17041217
>>17041213
You guys are forgetting Dino Thunder

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Napier_Robertson

Dude hooked up with Cameron
>>
>>17049230
What should earth have to show from colonizing a backwards ass planet of jungle people still swinging from vines and shit? All it did was provide a solution to overpopulation and a plan B for if someone ever succeeded in enslaving/destroying earth.

PR's universe was surprisingly well crafted in the early years. It starts off pretty much earth/moon based, but by the end of MMPR expands the known universe to other worlds, which is continued in Zeo and Turbo before going full on intergalactic with In Space. Then Lost Galaxy, which was a believable extention from In Space. It wouldn't have worked after any prior season, but the universe appeared to be at peace, and the technology acquired from the Dark Fortress made earthlings creating the space station believable enough. The same with Lightspeed, if the government had made their own Rangers/Zords prior to In Space it would have felt unearned, but post In Space with the Rangers having gone public it was a sensible progression.
>>
>>17049617
>have the technology for not only intergalactic travel
>why does that matter
bruh
>>
>>17049631
You're not telling me what they should have to show from intergalactic travel. Sarah's stupid food making machine would have a far greater impact on the planet.
>>
>>17049735
I think the point he's trying to make is that one would expect a galaxy-fairing humanity to be a little more futuristic, if not tech-wise then at least in terms of public knowledge. At least have the decency to acknowledge that alien visitation/invasions have been a thing for years. Recent seasons won't even do that much.
>>
>>17049189
>SPD being set in 2025 is going to fuck them so hard. Why did they do that?

Perfect time to adapt Kyuranger now that they can have aliens as Rangers
>>
So Super Megaforce established that all the rangers have thier powers, so why aren’t there more of them running around at once? It would make Earth seem like an intimidating target with about 100 rangers
>>
>>17048357
I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would. The SPD green with the Dragon Shield was surprisingly cool too. I always loved dumb stuff like Adam with the Overdrive shield thing. When the Lightning toys get around to making SPD green I'm going to try making it.
>>
>>17045099
Noooo it's almost as bad as Gosie Green. Stop cock blocking me with weirdly elusive/noncanon green rangers. I'm still sad the green Gobuster and Jetman will never be real rangers.
>>
>>17051076
>SPD green with the Dragon Shield was surprisingly cool
No, the majority of PR fans just have terrible taste. Made me roll my eyes at how lazy it was to just slap the Dragon Shield on a preexisting suit which clearly wasn't designed for it.
>>
>>17050969
Common courtesy. I'm sure years of being a Ranger has taught them that destiny is cyclical, and that whatever new team pops up in response to the threat-of-the-year needs their space in order to get the job done. They'll know when things are dire enough to step in.

Plus, I'm sure those who are semi-retired enjoy not having to battle evil EVERY single day instead of the fun one-off romp.
>>
>>17051806
I mean, SPD proved that Rangers can be bought. Sometimes, money is the only mind-control magic you need.
>>
>>17051806
Aren't Eric and Wes out there fighting crime regularly still?
>>
>>17051812
As an aside, imagine if SPD aired today. A children's show about super-powered police where the problem of corruption is solved by peers, superiors and subordinates refusing to close ranks and actually conducting internal affairs and prosecuting lawbreakers?
Where a hostile foreign interest has paid off key members of the government to enable a takeover?
Where what would inevitably be referred to as "diversity hires" make a deal to work in exchange for help breaking homeless out of poverty cycles?
Where a white male cop from a cop family attacks a poor black cop's credibility after getting passed over for a promotion he believes he is entitled to, and dismisses the idea of a female cop's leadership potential solely on the grounds that she is female?
Where the top cop is somehow both a furry AND a scaley?
>>
File: maxresdefault-25-.jpg (18 KB, 300x169)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-12-06/english-power-rangers-comic-includes-1st-chikyu-sentai-fiveman-based-story/.140408

We BRING ON THE NEW POWERS Now
>>
>>17051812
While true, things like that usually work themselves out without outside interference. Note that you rarely ever see those situations with mystically powered teams.

Though now that you mention it, it does make one wonder what the protocol is if, say, Gosei accidentally picked a team of assholes. I'd imagine it'd be no different than all the other times substitute Rangers had to step in, but who knows.

>>17051835
I did forget to mention the "active duty" Rangers. I'd assume the same goes for them, even when they aren't putting out their own fires.

>>17051844
Well now I'm depressed. You can't get away with incorporating social issues into a kids show without making a big deal about it or skimping out on the storytelling these days.
>>
>>17052090
CW's gritty reboot MMPR would be a team of assholes, with Tommy as the one bright spot who slowly darkens like the rest of them.
>>
>>17052102
>It's Always Sunny in Angel Grove
>>
>>17052108
That's FX's version, more funny than truly dark. Billy explains the CRANSTON system.
CW would be like Riverdale.
>>
>>17051844
>a white male cop from a cop family attacks a poor black cop's credibility after getting passed over for a promotion he believes he is entitled to, and dismisses the idea of a female cop's leadership potential solely on the grounds that she is female?
Based
>>
>>17052118
Create A Problem
Rescue From Situation
Appear Concerned
Negotiate Guardianship
Stay Overnight
Tempt With Comfort
Orgasm Quickly
Never Return
>>
>>17052102
>>17052118
>Tommy winds up getting a split personality from Rita's spell
>The Power Transfer happens due to Jason going on the run for "murdering" a shapeshifted Putty, and Zack getting Trini teen pregnant
>>
>>17052192
Zone in
After
Completion
>>
>>17052192
I'm assuming "Create A Problem" involves making sure the girl is around where monster attacks usually happen?
>>
>>17052210
>Green Ranger is the Zen-Aku to Tommy's Merick
I love this shit
>>
>>17052118
>CW would be like Riverdale
So it'd be amazingly batshit. Awesome.
>>
>>17052118
>>17052489
Always thought the CW Power Rangers would be Legends of Tomorrow. Which is also amazingly batshit.
>>
>>17052516
Legends is basically CW Power Rangers. I fucking love it.
>>
>another dinosaur sentai only 6 years later
More proof that the anon who posted the leaks before was telling the truth. Even without the leaks another dino sentai so soon screams desperation from Toei.
>>
>>17052662
At least the designs don't look that bad. God knows they've been shitty for a while
>>
>>17052664
I don't know, they often make weird color choices that ruin the suits to me, like the white boots on Nininnger. If half the torso is gonna be silver, don't also make the belt silver. A gold belt with silver buckle would make much more sense and be more aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>17052662
How would gold belt with silver buckle make more sense? It obviously has to match the bracelet/ankle buckle things things
>>
>>17052685
Because the bands on the gloves/boots are gold, and the silver belt on half a silver torso looks like shit.
>>
>>17052662
Are they bands? I thought they were buckles themselves since you can see the colours on the sides of them.
>>
>>17052662
>the same exact color dynamic as Kyoryuger too
>>
Zeo zeo zeooooo
>>
>>17052295
Monster attacks, debt collectors, another stalker who doesn't know how to use the CRANSTON system, anything really. The CRANSTON system is basically a hurt/comfort fic.
>>
>>17052662
You'd think they'd be more armored if they were supposed to be knights.
>>
>>17053901
They saved that for the mecha. Who do you think they are, Metal Heroes?
>>
>>17051081
Speaking of Gosei Green it occurs to me the Zyu2 footage where Zack gets the Dragon Shield is similar to how Magis blocked an attack. Tommy blocking an attack on a wounded Zack.

https://youtu.be/_LjFrzVord0
>>
>>17052662
i Like the suits but I hate the Kyoryuger's main team's colours. No primary colours just seems so wrong. The black on black chest triangle is weird too. I like the silver and knight like helmets too. The dino egg belt, and wrist mounted morpher are cool gimmicks.

The dino theme + psuedo lightning bolt logo and green (sabertooth) tiger ranger make me happy as a PR fag.
Not sure on the mechs until I see better pictures.
>>
>>17051322
Well shit I'm sorry I didn't realize the goddamn Pope of Children's toy costumes was here to tell me what was objectively cool.
>>
>>17052662
if the leaker was earnest then all of his information was seond hand. Sentai is in danger would be the least reliable information there.
>>
>>17056236
>No primary colours
>what are red and blue
>>
>>17056525
He probably means the standard red/blue/yellow, but he could've worded it better. That said, they really should have made the sole girl yellow, just to differentiate it a little more from the Kyoryuger designs.
>>
File: gingaAss.png (168 KB, 356x364)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
>>
>>17051844
And yet it became one of /tv/'s favorites
>>
>>17060383
/tv/ only complains about these things if it recently came out. If it's a thing from over a decade ago, they don't notice.
>>
Finally got around to reading Soul of the Dragon, and I am utterly shocked by how decent it is. Granted the story was a little predictable at times, but the small twists here and there were enough to make it work.

Not to say Higgins totally redeemed himself, since there were a lot of dumb decisions strewn throughout, like a winged Goldar being around when Rita banished Scorpina, Tommy's cavalry consisting only of Kat and a bunch of no-name SPD officers, and that entire last fucking panel.
>>
>>17061979
The problem wasn't winged Goldar, it was Rita. The last time we saw Scorpina was while Rita was back in her dumpster, and even then Scorpina had disappeared for 27 episodes prior. It would have made more sense if Scorpina ran when Zedd arrived, then he eventually finds her and gives her a chance to redeem herself in the form of "Goldar's Vice Versa". When she fails it is then Zedd who banishes her. Rita setting up Scorpina would mean Scorpina disappears again after "Goldar's Vice Versa" until some time after Rita marries Zedd, and even then it doesn't make any sense why Rita would set up Scorpina, or why Goldar would be implicit in it.

Agree with everything else. Tommy's cavalry was lame, and Kat using a gun versus any of her powers was especially stupid. In a comic where there aren't any budgetary or practical limitations, it sure was an odd collection of allies. Only one that was neat to see was Blue Senturion.

The last panel was stupid/lazy and felt like bad fan fiction. One other which is a major problem for me with the whole story is that Tommy has a broken morpher that he just locks up and doesn't use for 8 years. Then he uses it in it's broken form and destroys his powers in the process. It makes zero sense why he didn't have whoever created it for him repair it in that 8 year gap. Even if the person who made it for him had since died, Tommy had countless contacts in the PRU who he could have gone to for help.
>>
>>17062429
>>17061979
I did like the idea of Scorpina the Witch.
>>
>>17062429
I had actually completely forgotten about Goldar's Vice Versa, and you're completely right about that second point. Shame that such an interesting idea falls apart when you really stop to think about it.

Such a bundle of missed opportunities, though. All that focus on the photo of the original MMPR and Kat constantly mentioning going to Triforia and you don't include them and Trey? It felt like Higgins was trying to subvert expectations just for the sake of doing so. Blue Senturion showing up really was a nice touch though.

And yeah, I really tried to ignore the plothole of the broken Master Morpher because it's obvious Higgins cared more about pushing the theme of the story rather than how ludicrous it was that a guy with so many connections couldn't/wouldn't get it fixed in all that time. Otherwise, I really didn't like how hard Higgins leaned on the "waning powers" plot yet again.

And as nitpicky as it might be, I didn't really like the idea of Tommy getting BTFO by what looked like a beefed up Putty either. Not even because it's Tommy, but I feel like it would've been better left hinted at than what those short flashbacks offered.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGJDyhlJI9Y

I forgot Walter did a thing once.
>>
>>17058697
brap
>>
>>17062816
Shit I haven't heard that song in forever, I forgot she was only 14 when she did that

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.