[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: schopboy.jpg (16 KB, 494x621)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
the final boss of philosophy
>>
>>21298032
hella incel vibes
>>
>>21298032
And Nietzsche defeated him, making Nietzsche the best philosopher.
>>
>>21298032
if philosophy had its own building schopenhaur would belong in the basement
>>
>>21298037
Because he is one with the foundation that makes everything stand up?
Very clever one anon, you are good at metaphors.
>>
>>21298032
That would be Wittgenstein
>>
>>21298032
These shit threads do nothing but prevent any actual serious discussion of Schopenhauer
>>
>>21298032
Why am I not seeing Severino? I think you posted the wrong pic, OP.
>>
>>21298036
Nietzsche trivially misunderstood him. There is a part in GS where he interprets Shopenhauer's theory of the will as a universalizing of human desire to all objects, something Schopenhauer immediately rejects as an interpretation early in the second book. Nietzsche isn't a philospher.
>>
>>21298164
I'm assuming late Wittgenstein, since early Wittgenstein is self-refuting, in which case other fallibilists were far more complete with their theories (C.S. Peirce for one).
>>
>>21298452
Nietzsche didn't read. He wasn't very cultured. That's why he wrote a shit ton of works.
>>
>>21298290
Severino as a Parmenidian conflates two senses of the word being to prove becoming doesn't exist: the temporally based version, where the past doesn't exist for instance, and the non-temporally based version, where all of time exists as a whole. The argument only works for the second. The first actually has a deeper structure.
>>
>>21298466
You're right. But that's far from being the entirety of Severino. His philosophical reflection is so wide and so interconnected to all the major thinkers of the Western world that he can actually stand as the current final boss of philosophy. Either him or Joseph Ratzinger.
>>
>>21298457
Nietzsche read a lot actually, he had a large personal library and was a philologist operating primarily off of textual analysis and not uncovered historical artifacts. Why he so trivially misunderstood Schopenhauer though, I don't know, since this should be his area of expertise. He probably focused on the second half of WAWAR dealing with art and ethics since that pertained more to his interests than the more abstract reasoning that he was shit at.
>>
>>21298452
>There is a part in GS where he interprets Shopenhauer's theory of the will as a universalizing of human desire to all objects
Can you share the aphorism #? I'm curious
>>
>>21298482
I never read him, I just knew he was a Parmenidian. Is there any other concrete positions you could tell me he holds?
>>
>>21298490
It's the one dealing with the three requirements to have a desire.
Found it: book three, aphorism 127, aftereffects of the oldest religiosity.
>>
>>21298035
Schopenhauer actually wasn't an incel: he often had sex. Nor did he hate women, he actually believed they had greater potential than men, even culturally. This argument would go on to influence Nietzsche who repeats it in Human, All Too Human.
>>
>>21298485
>Nietzsche read a lot actually
Nah, I don't think so. The work of a philologist can be narrowed to very niche and limited areas of literature. Having read all of ancient Greek literature isn't that much. He had enormous gaps in knowledge of poetry, novels, Medieval literature, Renaissance literature, Eastern literature, epic poems. His understanding of the Bible is superficial, his thoughts on contemporary novelists are extremely rare, his references to Christian scholars are nowhere to be found. Nietzsche wrote all that flood of shit because he decided to have a lot of free time for himself, time that was cut from reading. Especially after the university years. He even explicitly declares this in one of his notebooks.
>>
File: somuchedge.jpg (76 KB, 746x710)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
"To be alone is the fate of all great minds"

Why call a prostitute over; To cry on her shoulder
>bear not this fate like mine
>>
>>21298144
Transcendental phenomenology has been conclusively refuted since the start of the 20th century: in order to derive the structure of consciousness from experience, you have to presuppose empirical psychological claims as to your ability to do this without being influenced by other factors. This is why the development of empirical psychology, and the experimentation on basic mistakes people make or can make with certain neurological deficits, basically destroyed transcendental phenomenology as a field, and why C.S. Peirce was so influential.
>>
>>21298519
Good point. There definitely are gaps in his reading, especially in reading the works from non-european cultures. Spengler criticizes Nietzsche for this when he says that the will to power is an accurate psychological diagnosis for the faustian, but is entirely alien to other cultues.
>>
That's not Chris Langan
>>
>>21298492
Well, I haven't read more than a couple of books by him. His bibliography counts more than 90 books. It's not that there are other concrete positions that he holds, it's that the conclusions he reached (right from the start, which is a bit hilarious) on the eternity of being and all entities actually unfold in a multitude of corollaries and secondary claims. For example on the question of God, and what kind of God (he had fabulous dialogues with Thomists but also with more transversal figures such as Panikkar), on the going-beyond as an ethics for life, on the concept of Glory and the concept of destiny, and so on. I wish I was able to tell you something more specific, but all I know is that he touches a wide variety of philosophical points (some of them even very original) as a result of the branching out of his conclusion on being.
>>
>>21298529
>ramblings
>>
>>21298529
>Camus
There ya go
>>
>>21298516
Ignore that retard. The word "incel", after using the term so many times, doesn't mean anything anymore, and is the equivalent of calling someone a retard today.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (192 KB, 1000x1000)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>21298032
>>21298164
>>21298036
>>21298290
>>21298482
>>21298544
>>21298623
Never defeated, only repurposed by pretenders
>>
>>21298036
spbp
>>
>>21298032
>Let me teach you about life
>blah blah blah

the absolute state of western philo""""sophy""""
>>
Tru
>>
>>21298032
if thats the final boss Hegel is the programmer
>>
>>21298032
How is he the final boss?
>>
>Literally believed in Italien magic tricks beause of his retarded metaphysics.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.