[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: A15FFg6aNLL.jpg (1.55 MB, 1688x2550)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
I read this & Harry Potter when I was 13 or 14 meanwhile Elon Musk was reading Marx & Hegel
>>
>>21033072
A thread died for this. A thread died for this. A thread died for this. A thread died for this. A THREAD DIED FOR THIS!
>>
>>21033079
accept mortality
>>
>>21033072
is that what caused his 'tism?
>>
>>21033079
if thread died, it was weak and deserved it
>>
>musk read marx and hegel

he has the personality of somebody who has never seriously engaged with a text in his life and in fact he seems like such a stupid worthless rich kid failson (which is what he is) that it's ludicrous to believe he actually even has anything to do with how tesla etc. are actually run. i refuse to believe such a company has this retard in any real position of authority, he is a figurehead while the big brains do the actual work.
>>
>>21033530
who do you think is really in charge? the credentialed MBA suits? the autistic engineers?
>>
I legitimately don't think a 13 year old's brain is developed enough to read and actually understand Hegel.
>>
If you can't tell Elon Musk is effectively illiterate something is wrong with you. A very small percentage of the population today is truly literate in the sense required to parse even moderately complex literature, let alone philosophy. It's like saying a high schooler who can do fractions and long division is a mathematician when linear algebra and analysis exist. The latter aren't even the peak of mathematics, they're more like the entry point or sine qua non for rigorous mathematics, and the high schooler falls far short of them.

Most people today are basically retarded and illiterate, they exist in the oral mode as described by Walter Ong, not the literate mode, which is why normie consciousness is so "shallow." They basically do not have conceptual thought, in the sense meant by Hegel when he describes concepts as "dead." All their concepts are "henids," to use Weininger's term: porous and fluctuating, in a fluid medium of proto-thought, with all their other pseudo- or proto-concepts as well as their affects and memories. Normies can't really think and certainly can't communicate complex ideas, because they are not truly literate. They are an oral tribal culture that apes the forms and institutions of the literate culture they supplanted.

This includes all people who go to college, even those who pursue apparently high level degrees and postgraduate degrees. What is fascinating about normies is that rather than "breaking out" of orality and re-discovering true literacy through exposure to complex texts and cognitive tasks in college, they only superficially engage with the latter, bending and stressing their fundamental oral modes of thinking to create increasingly adequate simulacra of literate modes of thought. Universities today are basically a cargo cult version of the universities of yesterday. Nobody's in on the joke, so everybody keeps showing up in turtlenecks and sweatervests and repeating shit they heard the previous day, in an endless game of Chinese whispers.

In a predominately literate environment, like higher education before mass society destroyed true literacy, these oral monkeymen would quickly be found out, mocked, and either forced to become literate to fit in or at least excluded and extruded. But because they outnumber the (now statistically anomalous) truly literate people, they have created whole discourses atop discourses within discourses for perpetuating their oral simulacra of literacy, and the absolute dominance of these discourses has even convinced the anomalously rare true literates that they are both "doing the same thing" as one another. When the guy who actually, somehow, despite the absolute hostility of the environment to it, reads Hegel and Marx shows up to Hegel and Marx class, and some yammering chickenhead broad also claims to have "read Hegel and Marx," he himself can't tell the difference anymore. He doesn't even have the luxury of perceiving himself as distinct and isolating himself anymore.
>>
File: file.png (492 KB, 976x850)
492 KB
492 KB PNG
>>21033596
>>
>>21033543
the jews (metaphorically but also literally)
>>
>>21033622
jews own the capital and exercise specific authority when necessary, but most major companies are run in the day-to-day by submissive goybots
>>
>>21033614
>>
File: giorno.jpg (106 KB, 1160x900)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>21033596
>>
>>21033596
>>21033964
on a serious note i kinda know what you mean. i have interacted with plenty of these people, they graduate university and get decent paying jobs but if you actually ask them about any of the shit they allegedly learned (outside of their very narrow professional priorities) their mind goes blank. a particular couple I am thinking of, they are just totally fucking clueless nerds who of course will never have kids, don't know how to fucking cook so they order out every day, do almost nothing during their time away from work except play video games and watch netflix. they have literally zero curiosity about the world or anything outside of their tiny goyslave bubble, this is the type of people university shits out these days. They are NPCs, it's nothing like the high IQ aristocrats of old. You're probably sorta right but you could've toned down the autism a touch.
>>
>>21033559
And much less Marx. Maybe at 16 you can understand Hegel, and around that age you should start Marx too to get an idea, but you won't understand him until you're at least 26 and your brain had fully developed. There's a reason why he's the big boss of philosophy.
>>
>>21033990
>why he's the big boss of philosophy.
That's Nietzsche though. Maybe Descartes.
>>
>>21033596
>In a predominately literate environment, like higher education before mass society destroyed true literacy, these oral monkeymen would quickly be found out, mocked, and either forced to become literate to fit in or at least excluded and extruded. But because they outnumber the (now statistically anomalous) truly literate people, they have created whole discourses atop discourses within discourses for perpetuating their oral simulacra of literacy
>>
>>21034001
This is not true. Nietzsche is the artistic gestalt of Hegels philosophy. Descartes is like entry level.
>>
>>21034054
William Stoner was literally Minerva compared to the average 21st century college graduate or even professor.
>>
>>21033079
>A thread died for this.
Its really sad that this keeps happening.
>>
>>21033990
This. Tried reading marx and adam Smith when i was 13. Bad decision, rereading marx when I was older felt like I was reading a whole different philosopher (smith was somewhat easier tho to read at 13).
>>
>>21034198
A major storyline is his failure to protect the castle of academia from the cretins hammering at the gate.
>>
>>21033990
>There's a reason why he's the big boss of philosophy.

Oof.
>>
>>21033530
that's how you perceive him
>>
>>21033990
>Brain has fully developed
imagine buying into this meme
>>
>>21033072
Anyone who calls capital volume one "Das Kapital" is pretending to have read it
>>
>>21036084
shut up elon you're a brainlet
>>
>>21036154
No one has ever read Capital, only technically passed their eyes over it

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.