[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: peirce-eyes.jpg (276 KB, 700x753)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>God is real, but he does not exist.
holy based. love his Peirce-spective.
>>
>>20796762
Why do you weirdos keep editing pics of young Guenon and Pierce? Do you guys even care about the ideas or what?
>>
forced meme
>>
>>20796770
>Pierce
filtered. And yes, I do care about his ideas. I just finished his essay "A Neglected Argument for the Reality of God" and thought his panentheistic argument was interesting.
>>
>>20796770
Nobody here has read them.
>>
>>20796762
All kinds of things are "real" but do not exist. You can't hand me love, hate, red, surprise, etc. Reducing them to chemical interactions never fully explains their power. Yet they are influential.
>>
>>20796762
pathetic soulcel.

Take the living God pill:
>God must be in us, who are made in his likeness. We cannot presume the duality of God and the world. Religion is not to go to God by forsaking the world, but to find him in it. Our faith is to believe in our essential oneness with him, and not in our sensual separateness. "God in us and we in him,"
>God is not only transcendent, but also immanent in the universe, and we sentient beings are manifesting the divine glory just as much as the lilies of the field. A God who, keeping aloof from his creations, sends down his words of command through specially favored personages, is rejected as against the constitution of the human mind and reason.
>This universe cannot exist outside of God, but God is also more than the totality of individual existences; God is here as well as there, God is not only this but also that.
>God not in the world is a false God, and the world not in God is unreality.
>>
>>20796762
>Here then is the heart of Peirce's Neglected Argument, his meditational steps towards the summum bonum, towards his neglected crossroads of science and religion. Remember, this isn't a matter of proof, but a method to remind ourselves, according to Peirce, of what we all, instinctually, already know!! Viz.:
--
>>1) given our highly accurate ability at guessing, at abduction, and given our ability to engage in that much larger imaginative exercise Peirce terms "Musement,...a certain agreeable occupation of mind which...is Pure Play."
>>2) if we muse "...in scientific singleness of heart" on connections between any two or all three of our Universes of experience using
>>3) the hypothesis of God's Reality as our explanatory hypothesis for how reality is organized, the Neglected Argument "...will in time flower."
--
>Think for a moment, as I do, about beauty as it occurs in all three universes of experience, and how it connects them, and you will begin to see that your natural religious sentiments are hurtling headlong towards the reality of God. The meditational move is clear: abductive musement on the esthetical reality of God - that's the core of the Neglected Argument - and its logic works successfully in both science and religion.
>>20796986
Souls are real but do not exist.
>>
>>20796762

This is true.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.