[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Who is a writer you want to “get” but don’t?
>>
a pussy
>>
>>20794461
Unironically Gardner, if only to make the shitposting slightly less annoying.
>>
F Gardner
>>
Byron. I love English Romanticism, and my teacher that first really exposed me to it was literally in love with him, but I just don't enjoy most of his work. I prefer Shelley and Keats, and most of Byron's work just doesn't speak to me. I did like his Prometheus, but that's the only one that I really enjoyed of his, and that might have been because I was soaking up everything Prometheus related after reading Unbound.
>>
Goethe. I like a lot of his aphorisms and the man as a whole, but his individual works just don’t do much for me
>>
>>20794483
I think Byron the person is infinitely more interesting than Byron the poet. At some point I want to get a biography of him.
>>
Flaubert and Stendhal filter me really hard
>>
>>20794461
I wouldn't say that all his shit filters me hard, but definitely some of Mishima works, and Emily Brontë.
>>
>>20794461
Ligotti. I have no good reason, I'm just annoyed at how unimpressive he seems to me despite how a lot of writers I like adore him
>>
>>20794461
Dostoevsky. I loved Crime and Punishment right until the end, where he throws his hands up and surrenders to God, essentially. I want to understand what makes a mind so pathetically lazy after so much hard work in setting different ideas and theories in motion and having them act against each other. For that reason I just don't 'get' him - I can't follow over into the 'other side', as it were.
>>
Nobody wants to say Pynchon kek
>>
>>20796096
If “writers” you “like” “adore” Ligotti, then you have absolutely shit taste in literature
>>
>>20796585
retard

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.