[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 51R8qLUvF+L.jpg (51 KB, 324x500)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Any thoughts on Jay Dyer's new book?
>>
>>20792331
>Jay Dyer
Who?
>>
>>20792331
I can’t find it on libgen or z-library. If anyone has a PDF please link it for me uwu
>>
>>20792331
The cover looks so cringe
>>
>>20792350
Youtube theologian and culture critic:
https://www.youtube.com/c/JayDyer
>>
>>20792365
the cover looks incredibly based
>>
>>20792331
He should have done an introduction. At least then he could have explained what happened to his citations.
I'm currently reading through it.
>>
>>20792331
Why doesn't he just read Guenon?
>>
>>20792489
Yes if you're a retarded gamer teenager
>>
>>20793213
Because Guenon refutes his sentimentalist worldview
>>
>>20793586
Define "sentimentalist", I'm unironically curious and don't have no special love for this Jay Dyer guy
>>
>>20793827
Read Guenon’s ‘East and West’ 1st and ‘Crisis of the Modern World’ 2nd to see his comments on sentimentalism
>>
>>20793586
being a soulless NPC refutes life, lol guenonians are fucking retarded

go smoke more opium you retarded annihilationists all your arguments come from nagarjuna, advaita is dumb pajeet bullshit that only white larpers care about

guenon is for manchildren or boomers
>>
>>20793978
>all your arguments come from nagarjuna
try to name one faggot
>>
>>20793978
>guenon is for manchildren and boomers
+1. I love that there are authors like Guenon, so sub-humans can remain trapped in those cages (shit-tier literature).
>>
jay is still btfo the psueds.
>>
>>20792331
Is it just a rehash of Jung?
>>
>>20794039
Debate Jay Dyer or shut up.
>>
>>20793978
>>20794039
Why does he make midwits and mudslimes seethe so hard?
>>
>>20792567
Would you recommend it?
>>
>>20793827
He has, infact he has said that guenon, evola and schuon, or the 'traditionalists' got him into christianity many years ago, he keeps this hidden from his normie audience, he also has a history of interaction with dugin.
>>
>>20795188
I first heard of this dude through the Myth of the 20th Century podcast so he definitely has some hard right leanings.
>>
>>20795188
I think he was attracted to Perennialism after unsuccesful stints with Calvinism and Roman Catholicism before coming to Orthodox Christianity as the ultimate truth.
>>
>>20794522
You're the midwit, the rest of the board graduated from their freshman trad phase in 2017. Stop it.
>>
>>20795274
It’s not a ‘phase’ kek, Traditionalism is just simply true, and intelligent people realize this
>>
>>20794307
No
>>20795146
Depends. I'm still going through it. I like Jay so I would recommend it but I haven't finished it.
I was at the release event in Nashville which was cool.
>>
>>20792350
E celeb christcuck
>>
>>20793213
I saw him say in a video he was into Guenon when he was younger but abandoned it because he thought it was wrong.
>>
>>20795274
this
>>
>>20795423
How do you know?
>>
>>20796429
God revealed it to me
>>
>>20795274
It took me until I was about 25 or so, but ultimately, I graduated from Traditionalism for the same reasons, as I understand them, that guys like Jay Dyer and Fr. Seraphim Rose did. That's namely that Traditionalism fundamentally doesn't make sense. Even if you suppose that Traditionalism is correct in the sense that there are many overlapping commonalities among the world's oldest religions, so what? That means nothing. Just because something is consensus doesn't make it true. Neither does it follow that because the particular claims of a religion are true, the universal claims are also true. Once you realize this, the only reasons you have to believe in Traditionalism are on one hand, an appeal to something like "Well, the real truths and justifications are esoteric" but that doesn't make any sense, not only because it's not a justification, but because it would not make sense for the exoteric and esoteric to contradict each other while both being able to claim truth and be right, or an appeal to intuitive knowledge, which I think just about every religion asserts exists but not that it contradicts intellectual knowledge, which would be necessary for Traditionalism. Neither is "you just intuit it" a justification, of anything. It would not make sense to say Guenon intuited all of his claims and that's how we know they're true. Once I broke out of the spell of Traditionalism and the conviction that "this is true" (speaking of Traditionalism) then I was able to research what Guenon and others were doing and it became obvious to me that what he did was nothing more than another rehashed Christian heresy, the same Christian heresy that had been sprouting up since the 17th century and ironically had no roots beyond that. It's just syncretic Eastern mysticism smuggled in Christian thought - some Hinduism, some Buddhism, a bit of Islam and Egyptian (Hermeticism), and voila! You have run-of-the-mill occultism. When Guenon speaks highly of Catholicism he's talking about Cathar heresies. Gnostics, and the perceived crimes of the Templars, not Christian dogma proper. The reason he fled ot Islam is because Islam doesn't care what you believe or say, as long as you promote Islam and observe sharia. Nevermind, that Guenon's beliefs were not orthodoxy anywhere, in any religion, at any time, not even in esoteric Sufism. So it only made sense to graduate from Guenon, and I think that's where non-dualism leads you anyway. I think people that never graduate from Traditionalism either imbibe a spiritual and emotional longing too much or have not had enough time. But if you just continually ask how Traditionalists know what they know, you must realize that there is no answer. Nothing that is said can be said to be true.
>>
>>20796462
So am I to take you as a prophet in the vein of Jesus Christ or Mohammed? How do you know it was God and not a demon?
>>
>>20796482
kek, the intellectual journey of a sub-80 IQ Jay Dyerite

priceless
>>
>>20796400
Then how is this /lit/-related?
>>
>>20796489
How do you know it was not God who spoke to me?
>>
File: 1651553272093.webm (2.24 MB, 480x480)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB WEBM
>>20792331
Jay is so based. He makes atheists, Roman Catholics, and Muslims seethe.
Also he predicted the "pandemic" nonsense and gene editing "vaccines" years before covid began.
>>
https://youtu.be/0SbFzvTKTzM
>>
>>20792356
purchase it you degenerate
>>
>>20794307
Jay doesn't like Jung at all.
>>
I'm not Orthodox desu but I like that Jay actually has a spine and he doesn't cuck out and give the "socially acceptable" answer on questions like evolution or vaccines.
You see other youtube Christian apologists like Trent Horn or Robert Barron who are so milquetoast and always cede ground to the atheists by cucking to things like evolution. It's revolting.
>>
>>20796634
If he really wanted to avoid "cucking out" he'd also affirm that the Earth is center of the universe and surrounded by a system of celestial spheres and fixed stars which are made of quintessence, and that the sky is literally a glass dome, considering that that's what the Christians up until the late Middle Ages believed

He's clearly cow-towing to liberal modernism by not accepting that Sheol is physically under the ground
>>
>>20796832
But he does. He has said that NASA's narrative of space is fake.
>>
>>20796841
Honestly that's pretty funny, I almost have to sort of respect him for going all-in with it

He's catastrophically retarded, but he's at least consistent in following his catastrophically retarded beliefs to their logical conclusion
>>
>>20796850
You have no idea what Jay does, says nor thinks but please continue speaking confidently as if you do.
>>
>>20796850
>He's catastrophically retarded
He's very intelligent and he has a master's degree in philosophy.
>>
File: smug tikky.jpg (55 KB, 529x493)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>20796874
>>20796876
>presuppositionalist
>young earth creationist
>does not actually understand what evolution is but claims to debunk it anyway
>apparently also thinks space is fake
>makes incoherent claims like "the trinity solves the problem of the one and the many" like that shit wasn't just as nonsensical back when Van Til tried to pull it
>burger orthodox convert
I know it's "le based" to act like a blockheaded 70 IQ religious zealot on 4chan nowadays, but if you actually unironically fall for shit like this you're just fucking stupid; the only way Dyer could be more retarded than he is at this point would be to incur literal brain damage
>>
>>20796494
If there’s something specific you think you can refute then do it. Otherwise you’re grasping at straws.
>>
>>20796904
All of that and he still manages to be less retarded than any atheist or anglo "philosopher".
>>
>>20796995
At least those atheist and anglo philosophers don’t say “circularity is good when I use it.”
>>
>>20796995
>retard is slightly more intelligent than other retards
What an accomplishment.
>>
>>20797032
Is that why you're jealous of him?
>>
>>20796904
>I know it's "le based" to act like a blockheaded 70 IQ
Is that your excuse?
>>
>>20796832
>If he really wanted to avoid "cucking out" he'd also affirm that the Earth is center of the universe and surrounded by a system of celestial spheres and fixed stars which are made of quintessence, and that the sky is literally a glass dome, considering that that's what the Christians up until the late Middle Ages believed
This is basically correct, profane dogs should avoid topics of high spirituality, go read marx.
>>
>>20796904
And to think, Dyer is considered one of the "heavy weight" intellectuals of christianity. Does not give it a good look at all desu
>>
>>20795274
>still seething
>doesn't understand true esotericism
Dyer is alright, I agree with him on lots and he provides value in some areas, but actual esotericism and initiation (you know, the main part of Traditionalism) is a completely different realm. No need to be upset, it isn't about IQ necessarily, just stick to praising the Lord and reading the Bible, don't worry about the Hermeticists and their alleged solar body of glory, which Jesus also had perfected, supposedly. There are many ways to serve the Lord and help humanity.
>>
>>20797134
At least he's not an incestuous mooslem bastard.
>>
>>20797134
Nobody considers him that,
>>
>>20796482

> doesn't make sense.
> In the sense that
> but that doesn't make any sense,
> not make sense
>not make sense to say
>So it only made sense

Here are the best exerts of the anons "conclusion".

Now.
>it would not make sense for the exoteric and esoteric to contradict each other while both being able to claim truth and be right.

It would if you embrace dualism, not metaphysical but.. "conceptual"?, where life governed by tension of two opposites. Where two opposites, in this case, esoterica and exoterics. Not only that, it would also "make sense" considering that they are just two different outlooks and priorities of focus of life. They don't need to have any reason for them, since reason is only one of these opposites that completely inapplicable to the function of other, though same works the other way.

>to graduate from Guenon, and I think that's where non-dualism leads you anyway.

Ironic. Graduation? As in Assimilation? Or Specialization? and the fact you mentioned your ever increasing age is only natural that you would specialize yourself through reductionism, knowing how age tends to encourage so behavior.

> Nothing that is said can be said to be true.

As so goes for your quarrel. When you use such all embracing concepts, that get a bit too close to the absurdity of existence, the first thing you should be worried about is team kill.
>>
>>20796482
This is an absolutely obscene amount of words used to say "My religion is better than everyone else's"
>>
I've seen Jay debate a lot of people and he won every time.
>>
>>20797360
Btfo'd by malpass and southern israelite.
>>
>>20797360
Most of the people who are actually knowledgeable about these subjects don't spend their time "debating" people on Youtube streams. The only opponents for a grifter like Dyer are going to be other grifters with less verbal intelligence who are susceptible to the rhetorical parlor tricks that Dyer cribbed from crusty 20th century Calvinists (who are very experienced in the trade of using pilpul and other Jewish tricks in order to make their hilariously terrible religion sound palatable to unsuspecting goyim).
>>
>>20797844
You know that Jay has literally named the Jews on more than one occassion right anon
He has talked about how they were behind communism for example.
>>
>>20797661
not true at all
>>
>>20797844
Why do you pretend that presuppositional argumentation is exclusively a Calvinist thing when it goes all the way back to the ancient Church Fathers like Saint John of Damascus and Saint Basil the Great?
>>
>>20797844
>>20797994
Also Fr. Dmitru Staniloae, a 20th century Romanian priest also used presuppositionalist argumentation as well as Fr. Seraphim Rose.
>>
>>20797965
I can't take Christian antisemites remotely seriously. It's one thing to complain about desert merchants when you literally follow a Jewish religion, consider the Jewish canon to be your holy scripture, demonize the traditions of your own ancestors because they didn't worship the Jewish god, and worship a Jewish rabbi as the Son of God, but when they try to pull the "WE WUZ THE REAL JEWZ" schtick and claim that ackshually the original desert people were blonde-haired blue-eyed aryans it just becomes fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>20798205
Read what Saint John Chrysostom, Saint Basil the Great, Saint Cyril of Alexandria, Saint Maximus the Confessor, Saint John of Kronstadt, or Fr. Seraphim Rose had to say on this topic.
>>
File: 1533079237404.jpg (108 KB, 569x900)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>20798205
>wtf, why would the Russian Orthodox Church have some negative things to say about the people who persecuted and slaughtered Russian Christians for decades????????
>>
>>20797994
>>20798005
>>20798224
A shitty argument is a shitty argument regardless of what arbitrary authority figure makes it. Sticking your fingers in your ears and telling everyone that you're right and to shut the fuck up because you won't listen to anyone claiming otherwise is not a valid form of logical debate and is effectively conceding that you don't have any argument whatsoever.

John of Damascus, Basil the Great, Maximus the Confessor, and maybe Dmitru Staniloae (though he seems quite obscure) are admittedly figures of some repute aside from their utilization of such a fallacious tactic, but Cyril of Alexandria was basically a sociopathic thug wearing vestments who was sainted on a technicality, John of Kronstadt was a violent zealot who went around threatening people he didn't like with death, and Seraphim Rose was more or less a hipster who got so burned by the countercultural scene in California that he retreated into a frankly manic paranoid fundamentalist psychosis: half-Gnostic and half-Chick Tract with his sheer delirious theories of demonic conspiracy behind everything from foreign religions, to UFOs, to Catholic antichrists and evil nihilistic scientists tricking the public into believing that the Earth is actually as old as the physical evidence suggests it is.

I don't mean to cast excessive shade, but these individuals are not exactly paragons of clearheaded thinking.
>>
>>20797972
Southern israelite btfo'd the entire discord too, was actually cringing at some of the guys in there.. You can tell malpass won the debate too since instead of the usually swaggering arrogance dyerites have in the comment section of youtube all but the most brainless were very muted and were like g-g-good debate.
>>
>>20798318
I keked, good post
>>
>>20798318
>John of Kronstadt was a violent zealot
Yeah how dare he stand up to literal communists
>>
>>20798367
How does assembling a cult of groupees to worship you and sending letters to random authors telling them you want to hang a stone around their neck and drown them in the sea help to fight the communists?
>>
>>20792331
actually considering Orthodox but he's off-putting
>>
>>20798391
Have you watched Fr. Peter Heers or Fr. Spyridon Bailey? They are good too.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.