[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I feel I retain more information if it takes me 30 minutes to read on page rather than 30 seconds
>>
bumo
>>
>>20364264
I think it's one of those things that you'll get better at the more you practice. Like tying your shoe.
>>
>>20364264
Just read, holy shit. How hard is that to do?
>>
>>20365795
not hard
>>
>>20365795
Rocket science
>>
>>20364264
Is that Hanako-kun manga worth reading? I watched the anime and thought the art was cute.
>>
>>20364264
I find it to be about the same memory wise but speed reading is very unenjoyable
>>
you're not actually reading when you're speed reading however

If you read fast the amount of information you DONT retain increases exponentially
>>
>>20364264
when i speed read and what happens if im basically just glancing at the text from left to right and after 30 seconds, if i ask myself what i've just read, i cannot recall
>>
>>20364264
If I'm not enjoying the book I'll read it faster and slow down if I get into it again. If you read a lot eventually you can speed up and retain as long as you're not going crazy fast.
>>
speed reading is bugman shit. don’t get me wrong when it comes to an assigned college reading that is boring, then sure I’ll scan it quickly and get the meaning because I don’t care. Reading for pleasure though I take in every word, I re-read excerpts that were interesting or hard to understand, and take time to slowly recreate the area being described in my mind so that the events can play out. it’s comfy to pore over every word and live inside of the book.
>>
Audiobooks are at the right speed because it's the speed of speech.
>>
Also reading aloud may be the most based way to regulate speed and understanding and honing your voice so you can do voiceovers on fiverr for five doller.r.
>>
>>20366960
i have a lisp and a whiny voice
it was over before it even began
>>
>>20366985
Just don't read in a whiny way. Read like the guys who read audiobooks. I had a lisp when I was really young but I fixed it over time. The thing I didn't get for a long time is that you can make the sound by pressing the tongue against either the top OR the bottom teeth.
>>
>>20364264
My reading speed is genuinely like 15 pages an hour. If I lose focus then I can go slower, if I try hard then I can maybe do 20 pages an hour at most. I think it's because I'm depressed and have zero energy from lifestyle factors I can not change presently. I don't improve, instead I'll just spend up to 4-5 hours reading everyday. I've read Stoner, 1984 and Brave New World this year at this same pace (I did finish 1984 in 4 days but if I had other things to do, no way). I don't even feel my comprehension is that good either.
>>
>>20364264
Depends on the complexity of the book. Only plotfags speed read.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.