[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is his philosophy basically
>logos exists because it exists. You're retarded if you don't notice logos. I'm not going to prove anything!
?
>>
The Logos is Jesus Christ. This is what you must understand when reading Heraclitus. Now since He became flesh He is even more accessible than ever
>>
>>19460715
Logos is like a camp fire, with two people at varying distances to the fire. The closest who sees the fire the most clearly is the philosopher for he sees the fire is reason. The furthest away is the common man and he cannot see reason very clearly. The logos is reason. But yeah of course it points to Christ like all creation does
>>
>>19460715
Something exists, yes. Something must have a unifying “essence” (this is metonymy don’t attack the word choice) that allows all things to be grouped into the Something category. This “essence” is logos. So if something exists then clearly logos must exist and there is no counter-argument possible.
>>
>>19461000
Correct word choice would be ‘quality’ i just thought of it
>>
File: fire.png (121 KB, 169x468)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
>>19460715

Logos —the theobiological flame, the fire of Sofia, the logic of God— is proven by reality, so, yes, it is the basis of his philosophy.
>>
>>19460715
It's just the reason that structures reality. If you believe in gravity and the general idea of laws that explain the physical world you basically believe that there is some sort of logos.
>>
File: DgElY2QVMAAxN3F.jpg (125 KB, 812x602)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>19460715
Read more Philo.
>>
>>19461000
>>19461064
>>19461125
I'm atheist, please convince me to believe in it
>>19461131
So basically, the "Law"? Does it include space and time, or just causality? Sorry for brainlet take, just started with the Presocratics Reader.
>>
>>19461632
>I'm atheist, please convince me to believe in it
There’s nothing to believe in. I already explained how the existence of the logos is irrefutable
>>
>OP

Is his post basically
>I don’t know anything about this, let me assume some stuff and you say yea or nay so I don’t have to read anything from him
?
>>
>>19460715
Prove that it is.
>>
>>19461865
He repeated a couple times about
>"how can you call yourself learned when you don't understand logos and harmony? You are as good as blind and deaf even if you see and hear. You are as good as absent even if you are present."
Without explaining or trying to proof his claims. Anaximander is at least straightforward. Heraclitus as his epithet the Obscure, might actually hold something of value in his words. But the way he shat on innocent people about not understanding logos and not trying to prove himself comes out as an ass to me.
>>
>>19461643
>I already explained how the existence of the logos is irrefutable
Read Heraclitus
>>
>>19460715
>HeraCLITus

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.