[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

You guys are so lucky to be able to read philosophy without having OCD. My OCD is based on hyper intellectualization so I can't fucking read shit without spending every hour of they day going over mental concepts infinitely. And don't get me fucking started on words and definitions, that shit makes me go insane its so exhausting. I'm scared of reading Hegel because all his jargon will 100% make me need a daily intake of xanax
>>
>>19460290
Ok you have identified the problem. Now stop doing that and you can read philosophy. Congratulations, OP! Most people cannot achieve this without mushrooms.
>>
File: oooooooooo.jpg (109 KB, 1197x667)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>19460290
You will take amphetamines and begin Being and Time
>>
>>19460302
Nigger I can significantly control my ocd but its still annoying to have it. In the beginning I was scared and anxious because of it but now I've reached a point where I'm just annoyed. Hopefuly I'll reach the point where it won't bother me
>>
>>19460318
Heidegger is a scam
>>
Most individuals with "O C D" are akin to carnists/zoophagists: both are too lazy to change their ways, and to actually research anything, preferring to wallow in their morbidity instead of optimizing their life.
>>
>>19460290

You should be reading books on how to discipline your mind.
>>
>>19460290
FUCKING SAME, ANON. I KNOW YOUR PAIN
>>
>>19460290
I used to do that but I found it was just stimulative w little benefits
>>
there is no such thing as OCD, stop using technology, get some exercise, yes it's that simple
>>
>>19460987
I probably do more exercise and use my pc and phone less than 99% of my peers. OCD is real and its cancer, I had weird tics and rituals since I was 2 years old but its getting better to control. Neurosis takes time to get rid of and I'm lucky my personality doesn't let me be a faggot who wallows in self pity

>>19460825
Based. Wagmi anon
>>
>>19460684
this only applies to ADHD zoomers. OCD isn't an excuse but it exists and denying its existence only makes your neurosis worse and makes you intellectualy dishonest. Be grateful you don't have it
>>
>>19461282
>OCD isn't an excuse but it exists and denying its existence only makes your neurosis worse and makes you intellectualy dishonest. Be grateful you don't have it

Wow, I guess that it is a good thing that I did not do any of that.
>>
>>19461571
Sorry, its just that I'm so used to people saying that, that I presuppose you had that underlying belief. Most people with OCD are absolute faggots who prefer pity over improvement, I just want people to understand that it exists independently of your personality and way of being
>>
>>19460318
based
>>
>>19460588
so, you're filtered then.
>>
>>19463012
the true pleb filter is not realizing he's a charlatan who uses obscurantist jargon to fake depth
>>
>>19463034
I reflect on his concepts all the time and see echoes of his work in other thinkers from various traditions. You didn't understand his work, sorry.
>>
>>19463049
just the concept of "Care" is such a fucking linguistic voodoo for something so simple that it makes me cringe beyond belief.

Nietzsche was right in saying that the truth shows its most beautiful form in simplicity
>>
>>19463089
it's something simple to you because you've taken a surface interpretation of it.
heidegger is all about the hermeneutic reading. these concepts should evolve the more you study the text. if you are seeing in his concepts just concepts from the western tradition then you have misunderstood him.
>>
>>19463110
might go back to him once I have the patience, but I guess only with age will I see his writings in other contexts
>>
>>19463124
not being at home in the world and the uncanny are things quite relevant to >technological society these days

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.