[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: rome_rp.jpg (745 KB, 2000x1402)
745 KB
745 KB JPG
seven hills edition

old >>19440907
>>
is the parasite pill real?
>>
i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf i want to cheat on my gf
>>
>>19448708
please dont
>>
>>19446077
I'm worse. I know exactly what I want and I can't get myself to move.
>>
>>19448708
Why?
If you really do then just break up with her m8, otherwise you are inflicting possible trauma just for the sake of relatively momentary pleasure
>>
>>19448767
if i break up with her i will inflict certain trauma because she loves me
>>
>>19448708
Hey I think this dude might want to cheat on his gf
>>
>>19448708
Do it. Very likely she cheated on you too.
>>
>>19448777
I can promise you that the trauma of infidelity is a lot worse.
>>
>>19448777
Cheating on her is BOTH cheating on her and breaking up with her.
If she ever finds out, then she will consider it a false relationship from ever since you cheated.
Otherwise, breaking up can genuinely be non-traumatic and fine in the long run.
>>
>>19448790
>>19448799
what if she accepts that im a man and i want to fuck other women?
>>
File: IMG20211122204304.jpg (1.3 MB, 3073x4156)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
what are you doing on this comfy november evening fellas?
>>
>>19448708
Don’t be an asshole. Break up already.

>>19448788
You know nothing about them

>>19448702
Ivermectin?
>>
>>19448799
Men cant cheat on women in the first place because they dont get pregnant, which is the entire reason men fear women cheating on them.
>>
>>19448904
The whole point of being in a long term relationship and eventually becoming married is to dedicate yourself to the other. You are saying that they are so valuable to you, that you love them so much that you put them above your own gratification. That in all things you are thinking of her, that every decision is made with her in mind. I can promise you this is what she expects whether she is capable of verbalizing it or not.
>>
>>19448904
You want to see if she’s into cuckoldry or something?
>>
i suck at everything
>>
>>19448924
i can love her and take care of her and make her feel like a queen even if i fuck some other girl
>>
>>19448904
Gee i have a feeling you’re not going to listen to the dyke or the christfag. Weigh the pros and cons, ask yourself what could go wrong, make your decision and live with it.
>>
>>19448947
no you can't
>>
>>19448954
This. Screw up already and let her find someone stable
>>
Should I apply to Law school?
>>
>>19448996

No unless you don't have a job set up or a good major
>>
>>19449039
My undergraduate major was Economics and I work for a University. I think I would try to be a civil servant afterward if I did attend law school.
>>
File: koharukoncern.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>19448907
not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating not masturbating
>>
I had gay sex last night
>>
>>19448947
You cannot separate sex from love.
>>
I find that coffee is conducive to writing but not to reading.
>>
Do you think it’s necessary to live in a big city like New York, London, or Paris to make it as a novelist?
>>
This track captures the essence of "4chan(nel)":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hMpYTkjh4s
>>
Over the past few years, I've noticed a general trend.
Conservatives see things that they have no control over and say, "It is what it is."
Liberals see things that they have no control over and say, "It is what it is, now let me explain to you why that's a good/problematic thing."

I think it could be developed more though. Like it's impossible for one of my liberal friends to see two lesbians holding hands in public and not just acknowledge it happened, but have to go out of their way to say it was a good thing.
>>
>>19449492
You posted this twice already and both times, nobody cares.
>>
>>19449503
I posted it in the thread after everyone migrated, and apparently you cared enough to respond.
>>
File: 1.jpg (479 KB, 1254x1770)
479 KB
479 KB JPG
>>19449106
suck and rub or prostate pounding?
>>
>>19449492
This follows fairly directly from the nature of progressivism, which has a vaguely implied "we all have to do our part to change the world for the better" kind of ethos. Conservatism has the more "tragic" outlook, more like "you have to fight against evil but it never goes away" which means their feeling of moral duty is less related to politics and more related to their own personal lives.
>>
>>19449545
both :0
>>
>>19449558
neat. was it more of a twink/discordian cutesy girlcock pegging flavor or moby dick queequeg bara fuckery
>>
>>19449572
We're both twinks
>>
File: file.png (29 KB, 93x125)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>19449589
ever consider adding something along the lines of picrel to your sessions? i think they're really cute and frotting through them would be monumental, personally...
>>
>>19449607
uhh anon....
>>
File: 1522563925194.gif (772 KB, 400x225)
772 KB
772 KB GIF
>>19449657
see you in /jp/ fagtron
>>
just tryna get by, fuck..
>>
>>19448907
learning that I went too hard on my larp as an ascetic (binging on gingerbread desu sempai), unable to get an ex out of my head, watching twitch
>>
What books post-2000 aren't jewish tranny shit?
>>
I think what I’d really like to do is teach English in Europe. It doesn’t exactly fit my degree or my work experience so far, but nothing worth doing will.
>>
>>19450198
Peter Sloterdijk's Spheres trilogy.
The final boss of philosophy.
>>
File: 1637458066762.jpg (20 KB, 400x398)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
The modern social justice movement, wokeness, etc., is what happens when C*lvinists and "Puritans" become atheists.
>>
this truly is on my mind

Narrated Abu Huraira:

>I said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! I am a young man and I am afraid that I may commit illegal sexual intercourse and I cannot afford to marry." He kept silent, and then repeated my question once again, but he kept silent. I said the same (for the third time) and he remained silent. Then repeated my question (for the fourth time), and only then the Prophet said, "O Abu Huraira! The pen has dried after writing what you are going to confront. So (it does not matter whether you) get yourself castrated or not."

this is a main meme in my head right now. "You can cut them off!"
(it must be point out that the Prophet, saws, did repeatedly forbid people from castrating themselves. I suspect he's making a (however metaphysically real) joke, as he is chummy with Abu Huraira, may God be pleased with him)
>>
The prayer of the worm-idol

elder eld of letters wrung with welter;
speech sprung each rung from God’s strum of hum-drum
his hymn his dint had split from him each wave,
as graven vessel vassel Prismatic
prison’s prince invisible since ring’s rim
rather circumference center void devoid
of center Von Schiller “form and filler,
first eternal, second temporal both
headless and senseless fuse fully beauty
from proper proportion” but often naught
as ought empties the jokes jokesters spoke
each laugh has halved the humors fourfolded
the mystery imploded and worldly
each word misquoted, curse i! curse I curse
the verse perverse, wrath immense I immerse
myself with gnat and natures fury, blake’s
flea I drink of bowl, cant of ancient scroll
i rage the rage of primeuaton bound
not by cross nor nail I sing of Deus
absconditus the alien unknown
i shattereth the black stone I am the bone
of Ziz and Yadu’a this dua mad
and demonic of cubic speech I give
not from another soul, human lowly
hewn wholly holy from me halved of moon,
laughs of runes from Hor not Horus, Havi
one-eyed wisdom Othrorir of Odin
not olden pagan God beholden by
man’s eyes but golden mask eternity’s
masque a masquerade of carnival this
carnal cairn of caverns, heart’s lone lantern
through sensuous tenebrous of Saturn,
a star I give a sea i give a song I give
Tzimtzum brahma’s spanda i hum
the end of kala kali kalo Kal
the call the key the cry not born of me
i sing the three three three not of choronzon
but of Tetragrammaton my Great God.
>>
Written for a fellow who asked for a tarot card poem, in the appropriate symbols and contrasts.

Woman with icy face of serpentine,
My eye has frozen on thy wintry gaze,
How inhuman, how devilish thy bloodline
To make a man ignore the holy ways.
Eros it is not, Thanatos it is,
Thy dress of white and phaseless by pallor
Thy face is death thy face is cold, is this
The form of life when robed without color?
Lady death or Dolores or perhaps
Dolorous thy odorless perfumes of
Funereal mist, the grasp of pall wraps
Holding me shameless, lustless without love.
The vision fades and even death must die.
>>
>>19450302
not really. irrelevant also, though I suppose that doesn’t matter until his work is at least a century older. anything can change.
>>
>>19448708
Care to explain why exactly?
>>
>>19448907
Based
>Hegel, installed from above, by the powers that be, as the certified Great Philosopher, was a flat-headed, insipid, nauseating, illiterate charlatan who reached the pinnacle of audacity in scribbling together and dishing up the craziest mystifying nonsense.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
>>
>>19450548
what was his problem with Hegel
>>
>>19450311
man i really dont get it
>>
>>19448708
If you post pictures here and anons tribute it that's considered cheating btw.
>>
An animal can't live up to a deep connection with a truly great person, of which I've known a couple. But an animal is always honest which is already a big step up from the majority of people. They'll always show you how they feel, you just have to pay attention. I'm sure it's just me projecting idealistic notions onto them but I also just can't help but feel they possess real spirituality that we've long lost time, room and respect for. I'm not a dualist, I don't mean to imply any religious understanding of the term, but instead a direct connection to the most essential essence of being. We've simply got too much in the way, and they don't. I find that immensely admirable. They could be considered more advanced than us when you think of what all we've done really accomplishes once you really get down to it. I think the biggest thing we've got going is our medical ability but even then, we all die. Animals die in brutal, grotesque ways every day in the billions; however, do they spend their time up to that point worrying, suffering under knowledge of their end, under directives that goad them painfully towards goals they merely imagine they chose? Who knows but it seems to me they live every moment, again, with direct contact to the most essential essence of beinghood. And all the while, our petty machinations destroy the planet.
>>
drawfag here, any suggestions for books with lots of well-written imagery or good books in general? I want to enhance my visual library and was told to read lots of book but don't know where to start? I read lord of rings and loved it enough that I want to read more fantasy stuff. thanks
>>
What is the longest English work written in such a way that no word repeats at all?

Does it even exist beyond some clever sentences here and there?
>>
I really hate when people even bring up Covid in conversation anymore. Where I'm at we haven't worn masks in half a year. People are either vaccinated or not. Nobody I know is sick or dying, It's just over. Tired of hearing about it
>>
>>19450939
war and peace
>>
I did a poop and the toilet water splashed onto my balls it was so gross
>>
I want to learn either French or German but I’m torn.
>>
What's the point where you have to be logical and objective about your circumstances, your potential or lack of it and committing suicide? I have seen it all my life as a mathematical question, how much can I realistically do with my life? My birth place, my race, my country, my language, my upbringing, all those things are mathematical, they are facts, I'm a hard determinism type of guy.
>>
>>19451010
french for poetry, German for anything else.
>>
>>19451026
Fuck, even when I was a child I always thought of it as, if you know the end why not skip to it? Why keep at it?
>>
File: 1583731056027.jpg (124 KB, 1024x1024)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>19448578
There is a cute grill in my D&D group, she just broke up with her bf. I think she might like me.
>tfw I might not be a kissless virgin by next birthday
>>
>>19450939
cormac mccarthy
>>
File: 1623886638274.jpg (9 KB, 228x221)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
can't stop thinking about pussy and cocaine.
>>
>>19448578
From your experience, does meditation (specifically, Vipassana) diminish the creative urge?
>>
Anyone here dated a really stupid woman? What is that like.
>>
File: 1621108328767.jpg (43 KB, 495x500)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>19451085
based
>>
>>19448578
I was just thinking about how to weigh myself and my brain supplied to me the solution of cutting my body into parts small enough to be weighed by my cooking scale. I actually had sat up from the couch before I realized the problem with this course of action
>>
They have an identity, they have an identity, they have an identity, that is not - do they have an identity? Do they have a conception of identity that is not - do they not… are they capable of separating their immediate actions from their true identity? Any singular thing they do becomes their identity, in an exaggerated form -

I have an identity, in the fourth dimension. Not just decision making and picking from subconsciously desired futures suppressed by physical brainwashing, but also something else - genuine interests, desire to be doing something at that moment, suppressed by technological inertia, on and on and on, identity informed by media, by the god damn jews making movies with characters whose actions are all perfectly in line with their identities so you want to be like them. So you model your actions ~ and the music where the singer embodied the identity - and the art where… but you consume the media instead of actually following your true non-externally informed interests to become what you don’t know is your identity which would be worthy of a painting or a story itself ~
>>
File: coomervsboomer.jpg (29 KB, 454x419)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
browsing 4chan has become so fucking integrated into my life that its become like a default tate. last night i stayed up till 6 am for literally no reason, i wasn't having fun reading books, socializing, or watching movies, or god forbid even playing videogames, i was just sitting staring blankly at the screen like i did all day. i wasnt even having fun, there was no interesting discussion on /lit/ or any other boards and everything was slow anyway since it was night time. i just sat there refreshing and reading like a zombie. all i had to do was turn off the PC and i could have done literally anything else and it would have been better, but I didn't. I could have went to bed at a reasonable time instead of staying up for no reason doing nothing, but i chose not to, for seemingly no reason that I can even explain.
>>
>>19451140
I saw this really stupid woman for about a month when I was 22. and it was awful. I had to explain the most basic things to her when we were having conversations. And I'm not one of those guys that brings up obscure topics to try to sound smart. I really mean basic stuff. For example, she didn't know that banks made money...

She was really cute and the sex was great but I just couldn't stand being around her so I didn't actually start a relationship.
>>
I had a dream that I realized God existed but now I can’t remember what made me realize that so I’ll just assume it was like the hundred other times I realized God existed in real life in that no matter how profound and convincing it was I would just be disillusioned with it later and all the power that phony realization granted me would leave. Fuck you God, I make myself as silent as I can and listen for you and then I beg you for anything and nothing happens and if something does happen it was an insane mania produced by my own mind
>>
>>19450780
generally in at least sunni Islam the understanding is that what will happen in the world is already written, it is known by God, effectively decreed. What man has power over is his intention, this is what he is judged by. No man *does* anything, all change is from God, everything, every moment arises on Gods command. It can well happen that God allows you to *think* you are doing things, to allow you to believe you have dominion, as punishment or simply as teaching, as when you attempt to exercise dominion, things will go wrong, inevidably. This is basically what idolatry is, or in dharmic terms: attachment. God owns all consequences, and God is good, so- why bother? In this Islam is exactly like daoism. So Muhammad, saws, is telling Abu Hurayrah that whether or not he will be married is already written- it will be as God has decreed. So it's all the same if he chops them off or not, things will be as they will be.

And God knows best, I'm not an expert at all, but this is my understanding of ashari theology.
>>
File: 1626374035683.png (273 KB, 488x582)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>19451369
what i've settled on to combat this is turning off wi-fi/keeping the ethernet cable unplugged by default, and not turning it back on again until an arbitrary goal i set the night before was completed. most often it's a reading quota (get to chapter X of book Y), but the obvious problem here is if the novel gets insufferably boring.
i get that it's my '99 brain being miles off of any reasonable dopamenergic baseline in part to blame, but neuromancer is fucking unbearable.
>>
Every year, I find myself far uglier than I did the year before.
>>
>>19451404
Thanks for the info but I'm not having sex before marriage. So it sounds like it'll be more trouble than it's worth.
>>
has this board been especially bad recently or am I just bored
>>
I have to face it. I’ve been fat for almost 20 years. From the time I was a teenager through adulthood, it’s been this way. Realistically, I’ll never be thin and live a “normal” life. To any extent I do get thin, it will be precisely living an abnormal life and constantly battling fat.
>>
>>19451614
Have you tried memes like intermittent fasting and high protein diet and stuff
>>
The internal monolgue that drives me had been stuck in limbo. I joined the infantry because the self criticism was so acute and harsh and crippling that it stopped me from performing as an adult. My logic was that the Army would be a way around this; I spend a few years experiencing mediated suffering and being told what to do. The logic was that this would kickstart my brain back into productivity. Instead I got stationed in europe and Ive just been traveling and having sex. Complete hedonism. Ill go to vienna and sip coffee at a cafe until noon and then start drinking and fuck a girl in my hotel and then go get some really good food. Its the complete opposite of what I wanted. Im the complete opposite of the stoic I saw my ideal self as. Non only this but Im really bad at the Army. "They" have given me all this opportunity to travel and chase self improvement only for me to fail. Fuck around and get myself an article 15 for two or three minor but repeat isntances of indiscipline, Cant even succeed at this lobotomite job and all the opportunity its given me. No way i could compete a corporate or fedgov environment at a high level like I wanted to. Haven't felt self hate this acute in a while and the gym isn't quieting the voice anymore.
>>
I've been performing my own poetry. At my old work I got fired from when I found out my retard boss was skimming the tips, there's a new guy in my old spot. I see him on the company instagram account. He's like me -- but a faggot. He considers himself an actor. I guess he's even been in some shows. But holy shit is he this blue-pilled, onions pitched bitch. And it just kinda hit me who I was, in comparison. I guess there's some guys who reveal how much you lack, but I guess these days, it's the other way. I'm jacked. May as well be. I was reading /lit/ about the lies in this culture. All of it. The idea was to read. The advantage to unplugging from the progressive station is having a personality like that Tranströmer line, "In the depths of the ground/ my soul glides/ silent as a comet." Reading a JG Ballard short story, in all this, it feels like I want my choices streaming like that. To your average citizen, I want there to be whole new layers of time revealed. In the sense that time is consciousness, or how there is no ontic reality to 'now.' I want a world like what old science fiction speculates, and like a pataphor, we forget the context. It's not even nostalgia for a past time, it's the present world that's so wiped.

https://www.featured.market/nft/0xf062d9893774fa0bcff73a45ba9f295a6b22f9f7/0
>>
>>19450939
For whom the bell tolls
>>19451687
Ive been drinking and I butchered my own uh 4chan monologue jesus christ
>>
>>19451687
fucking lame
>>
File: sailor_chicken.jpg (19 KB, 624x351)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Are women a mistake? Is it possible to have a meaningful and contributing discourse with women or does 3000 years of patriarchal rule predisposition them to gender biases that rule out this possibility?
>>
>>19451729
Why don't you talk to one for the first time in your life and find out retard
>>
File: nudibranch.png (1.16 MB, 698x1054)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>19450836
>>
>>19448947
>make her feel like a queen even if i fuck some other girl
by fucking another girl you automatically make her feel like shit, not a /kween/. She'll always feel like she was never enough.
>>
The more I contemplate my future in this world, the more despondent I become. I am convinced that our existence is futile and pointless and do not want to press on. Suicide is the easy way out because life is too hard.
>>
>>19451640
I have. They work. The problem is sustainability. These methods aren’t “normal” and therein lies the issue. The prescription isn’t practical. In order to just be normal it seems you have to either in one hand eat like a freak until you die, or spend much of your free time working out, or both.

What’s worse is I’m far more active than “normal” people on a day to day basis and I’m fatter than I’ve ever been in my life.
>>
>>19451883
I used to feel exactly like you do, but I’ve discovered some sort of religious feeling within myself. I can’t shut things off while that ember is burning in there.
>>
>>19451894
I think suicide is wrong for transcendent reasons as well. I just wish my ember would go out.
>>
I just need to know if he was right, if he was wrong, or if he would’ve been right but…
>>
>>19451889
you must eat like shit man
>>
I had to defend choosing a Pokemon Go avatar with dark skin, white hair, and blue eyes to my family.

What the fuck is this world
>>
>>19451909
I really don’t think I do, but I must.
>>
>>19451901
But why would you wish for the ember to blow out rather than grow to a miraculous blaze?
>>
>>19451798
Here in lies the problem. From 30+ years of existence along side them. Not once have I met one that overcomes this barrier. Even the classical examples often write of this very topic.
>>
>>19451923
Because growth requires suffering and the result is never worth it
>>
>>19451949
I suppose that’s where we disagree. What I feel inside suggests something so radically redemptive that it redeems all suffering.
>>
>>19451959
That is a good perspective
>>
>>19451919
It's that or you have some glandular/hormonal problem you don't know about. See a nutritionist or your regular physician man. You don't need to die early.
>>
I’m 28. I haven’t had a date in almost 4 years. I actually haven’t met a single woman in that time. I don’t even really know what I need to do to fix this.
>>
>>19452009
Every time I’ve seen a doctor they tell me I’m perfectly healthy. My blood pressure, heart rate, hormones, everything is healthy. The only thing about me which is unhealthy is my body weight. And to be clear, I’m not so fat that I’m at risk of keeling over at any moment. I’m somewhere between the upper end of overweight and the lower end of obese according to a BMI chart. I just don’t even really know what I’m doing wrong. I eat better and am more active than others close to me and yet they’re far thinner than I am and with no real effort at all. I just don’t know. I often feel like I just got really unlucky for no reason.
>>
File: gta.webm (1.81 MB, 640x360)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB WEBM
>>19448708
I am in a committed homosexual relationship and I want to impregnate every cute female I see
>>
how the fook do you cope with the fact that you are living in a fallen world in which you are cognizant of eternal decline towards entropy and dissolution of all value and are yet entirely powerless to change it or create meaning?
>>
File: Bruh.png (50 KB, 200x200)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>19452084
I don't think you do. Transhumanism is the only solution, otherwise I think we'd be better off as apes.
>>
>>19452084
i love my wife and god
>>
Anyone else find the world of porn a depressing reflection of humanity
>>
>>19452293
IT WASN'T MEANT TO BE AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL
>>
I've been off porn and masturbation since June of this year, and in that time span I've felt totally free and independent from it, the act never even crossed my mind. Yesterday a random stranger added me on snapchat, and sometime in the evening they sent me unsolicited texts. It was a scam bot, it sent me videos of naked girls and asked me to click on the links it sent to redeem sex with them. I looked at the videos of naked girls, I enjoyed it, but soon after blocked the bot's account. The event seemed out of my control, but regardless I had willingly engaged in lust, I watched those clips with desire, not disgust. The thought was now in my mind. Later that night I found myself on the instagram explore page, which somehow was now filled with immodestly dressed asian women, who also happened to be attractive. My interest is perked, followed by some mild excitement. Now I'm horny. How did I get here? I then proceed to browse /gif/ and spill my seed.
What an absurd world. By no intention of my own, porn was broadcast to my phone, thanks to snapchat bot scammers. Just earlier that day I had no attachment to porn, it occupied no space in my mind, and I wasn't bothered. Sex is an insidious thing, a parasite on our culture, it fills every fracture and crevice of the internet. I've been lured back into the beast's den.
>>
>>19452399
and yet for most children today it's their first introduction to sex.
>>
>>19452478
It's far less risky and easier than trying your luck with an actual women
>>
grief from losing the precise memory of a sensation
>>
I have come to the conclusion that that which is pleasurable is fleeting, and that which is unpleasant lingers. While simple in principle, having identified this phenomenon, we can this deduce the following:

- A good life will always feel like a short life.
- A hard life will always feel like a long life.
- Heaven must only feel like a second.
- Hell must feel like forever.

and so on, and so on. What else is to be taken from this observation? That the moment one recognizes, acknowledges, and most importantly, accepts this, can they convert a hard life into an average life, and from an average one into a good life. Meaning, their life would neither be too long or too short, but precisely the right amount they had needed.

and it is in this, that the true conclusion can be made: Here on Earth, whatever it is you are feeling, whatever it is you are experiencing, whatever it is you are going through, it is precisely the right amount of time given for good or bad as all moments return to the mean, the average, upon such realization.
>>
this just revamped my whole mode of thinking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwM12p0CCW4
>>
>>19452471
That fucking sucks man. Whatever you do DO NOT let it become a binge. You're still not beyond redemption having coomed once. Act like it didnt happen. Think about going to alcoholics anonymous meetings so you're better prepared for adversity and unexpected situations next time.
>>
Why is lit such a slow board?
>>
>>19453086
school gets busy this time of the year i think
>>
is crypto a reasonable alternative to normal speculation for a wageslave
>>
>>19453138
it's a gamble. You're probably a bit too late to make big gains by holding btc. More and more countries are trying to ban crypto mining because of climate change. Just yesterday a huge mining farm in India got busted I believe. Even china declared war on it, and the nft market got hacked and pirated. I have like 1000€ in crypto assets which I'm going to pull out in a few months, but I wouldn't invest again.
>>
How do I stop being sensitive? I always get so upset when anons be nasty to me.
>>
It is so fucking funny that all of my bullies became "well adjusted" normalfags with degrees and jobs and here I am, a broken and scared manchild NEET whining on internet in the hopes of mining some sympathetic (You)s through my fraudulent ways. I haven't finished a book in last 5 months. My health is terrible. 4chan is the only place which truly accepted me.
>>
>>19450302
based. more Sloterdijk enthusiasm i sneeded. whole board discussing his words violently shitting on everything else. sorry but we need to deploy our bubble.
>>
>>19453248
quit sugar. search 'keto' on archives. hold it for a month. transmute poz radiation into energetic wagmi. you are taken over by the millennial monad. lets go.
>>
>>19453248
If you feel "accepted on 4chan" you should consider killing yourself. I have browsed this site for 10 years yet I have never felt "acce^ted" here (whatever this choice of vocabulary means when applied to a fully anonymous site) because most people here are not only clinically retarded but also factually evil. I fucking love browsing this site but it is not unlike the pleasure one gets from watching animals at the zoo.
>>
>>19453280
I don't know what making it even means. One time I became terribly sick and started chanting religious mantras on my supposed death bed. I fucking resent those insincere and selfish gestures, those were just words to cope without a drop of faith. I have tried to believe in God but I can't larp anymore.

>>19453297
Accepted in a sense that I can't have these conversions with anyone in real life except an emotional escort aka a psychologist. But here I am having such a conversion right now. I don't know the right word for it since I am an ESL.
>>
>>19453297
>you should consider killing yourself.
>most people here are not only clinically retarded but also factually evil
watch the fools spit in their own mirror.
>>19453317
it means not spazzing and pozzing atmosphere around you and being charged with good spirits.
fix your habits and start eating clean. avoid doom content. if you cannot do it then ask for help politely and wholeheartedly. after the basics are alright, you can get to the next level of finding your way to divine. it is a larp (fakery) if your foundation is shaky and you reach for something Real.
try reading herr Sloterdijk after you've fixed the basics as I said. before that you wouldn't be able to access it.
>'You Must Change Your Life' (2009) 'After God' (2020).
>>
>>19448578
My life has been a down hill slope already stuck in a sinkhole and it gradually became steeper. I've felt for the first time a connection with someone else. Something which broke all the lies I needed to tell myself to keep on going. Now said person has become, maybe too pivotal in my life and I wouldn't want to scare her away.
I was going to talk with her and sort out my feelings but the pandemic just postponed this and extended my pathetic crisis.
Reading is my only distraction even though I can barely focus.
>>
>>19453317
>Accepted in a sense that I can't have these conversions with anyone in real life except an emotional escort aka a psychologist.
What do you mean? Why am I personally able have any complicated in-depth conversation that I wish to have with people IRL? Do you people live in the desert? Why can't you have "these conversations" IRL, have you tried starting these conversations within a social circle? Inb4 there are no cultured, intelligent, sensible individuals outside of le 4chan and everyone other than me and my 4chan niggas is a normie plebbitor incapable of conversation REEEE.
>>
>>19453138

As someone who turned $4k into $300k, you know my opinion on the matter.

I’ll say yes solely on this reasoning:
very rarely do new vehicles
for making money come around on this scale. That’s why it’s done so well, technology aside.

Don’t buy right now .Set a reminder for every 3 months to check the price of the top 10 coins. if they aren’t down by at least 50% of their all time high, don’t buy.
>>
>>19449492
>be /pol/ incel
>see black man holding hands with muh white woman
>don’t get immidiately overrun with feelings of seethe at the thought of negro dick corrupting his women and spend the rest of the day posting about the nature of jewery
strawman thinner than the auschwitz survivors you blame for getting cucked
>>19450958
i never really got into the whole covid thing desu, facemasks, vaccines, 80 y/o people dying who cares. covid drama is npc tier
>>19453297
>being this out of harmony with ones own identity
ngmi
>>
>>19452084
I’ve been thinking of joining a monastery, even though monk life probably isn’t for me. I’m not sure where else to turn.
>>
I've unironically started to think I'm the universe's chosen one, or whatever, and that He is setting up the perfect opportunities for me, like a road, for me to accomplish my "improbable" goals, plans and desires. The "lucky coincidences" that play out to my advantage and to the occurrence of my dreams are just too staggering. Except I usually don't do what the universe commands me to do, out of pure sloth... I feel guilty about it, and then He opens up another perfect road for me, just as I thought the last train had left station. (like an eternal divine indulgence "that is always/ἐὠν ἀεί") I know it's all in my head, most likely, and I'm cherry-picking, it's selective interpretation, and whatnot... But I really do feel that if I follow the daemon and the right way, I am to be the next Napoleon or Caesar. Most happenings in the universe have been burgeoning perfectly so as to lead to the ideal conditions for it to be.
>>
>>19453494
>be alienated youth in need of direction
>be on a board full of people discussing the greatest works of art in exploring life and humanity
>can’t come up with any solution better than flushing life down the toilet
sad
>>
when did you take the sufferingpill (realize life is about suffering)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT4J3v_ShNY&list=PLGAdbivd-Y84ghMzYyGxZU9ZLXSYEabo4
>>
3rd day without caffeine. its hard.
>>
>>19453620
>be on a board full of people discussing the greatest works of art in exploring life and humanity
Surely you mean a board full of people discussing TRANNIES FAGGOTS NIGGERS WOMEN JEWS ELITES NORMIES WOMEN I HATE WOMEN I WANT TO KILL MYSELF HOW DO I GET A GIRLFRIEND BOOKS FOR THIS FEEL. ANY BOOKS FOR THIS FEEL??
>>
>>19453619
>"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already (principle of 'belief')." - Nietzsche.
You are not the next Caesar, you want TO BE COMMANDED by the next Caesar. Clean your room bucko!
>>
Chinese is about 30% easier to learn once you realize that a lot of the "rules" are made up by autists obsessed with Classical Chinese, and vernacular grammar and pronunciation are really quite straightforward.
>>
>>19453998
You focus on what you want to here
>>
https://youtu.be/B_WoSFRbE3M
>>
how do you fix your sleep schedule
>>
>In 1922, Halldór joined the Abbaye Saint-Maurice et Saint-Maur in Clervaux, Luxembourg, where the monks followed the rules of Saint Benedict of Nursia. In 1923 he was baptized and confirmed in the Catholic Church, adopting the surname Laxness after the homestead on which he was raised and adding the name Kiljan (the Icelandic name of Irish martyr Saint Killian). While staying at the abbey Laxness practiced self-study, read books, and studied French, Latin, theology and philosophy. He became a member of a group that prayed for reversion of the Nordic countries to Catholicism.

Do men get to spend their days reading and studying whatever they please in monasteries? If I convert to Catholicism and abstain will I gain access to church libraries and spend my days reading and self-studying?
>>
>>19454467
wake up early. For some reason waking up later makes me much more sleepy, when I wake up at 7 am I find it much easier to actually get out of bed. Do this, with a little power nab in the afternoon, and it'll fix itself.
>>
>>19454467
don't wanna
being up all night is too based
>>
Quitting smoking was a grave mistake.
>>
File: 1579648303183.jpg (15 KB, 405x371)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>19455070
its been like 3 months for me and ive just replaced it with other addictions
>>
It turns out that I really like historical fiction. I didn’t expect that.
>>
>>19453620
Joining a monastery is flushing your life down a toilet? Compared to wasting your life on a social media website with commiserating maladjusts…?
>>
I'm going to buy a private island and only twinks are allowed on it.
>>
>>19448924
>>19448947
Anon's point that you cannot engage is a long-term relationship and marriage is correct for the conception of marriage he is thinking of, but to really understand why it is the case you have to realize that this concept isn't the only one. There are two ways of seeing marriage. Because this is the historical dichotomy, I'll call them the Christian way (which isn't only Christian) and the Pagan way (which isn't only Pagan)
Christian Marriage
>I have chosen a woman to remain with for the rest of my life because this woman has things about her that complete things that are flawed with me. She will be my emotional support and bear and raise my children. I will only love her and she will only love me, because God made one woman to be with one man as a complete unit. Physical desire is separate from the marriage. We satisfy it with each other because that is the holy way, but we did not get married out of lust
>In sum: the woman is a complement to the man
Pagan marriage
>I have chosen a woman to remain with for a period of my decision because I love this woman now and wish to make this bond permanent. I expect to her to raise and bear children, but I also expect her to care for my physical needs and be part of who I am in the physical world. Because this is about my person, it is acceptable for me to have sex with other women or with men, because those are separate from my relationship with the woman I have chosen. But because we married for the sake of children, she must remain faithful to me or only have sexual relations with other women.
>In sum: the woman is an accessory to the man

I make no moral claims about which is better, although I personally choose Christian Marriage and would encourage you to as well since it's a higher form of romantic bond. But you need to understand that if you want your wife/girlfriend to be THE COMPLETION of your person, your other half, you can't cheat on her. And if you do, you must ask God to forgive you and never do so again. Otherwise, you have acknowledged with your actions that you only see her as an accessory to your person, and have other priorities in women she cannot fill. If she's comfortable with that, okay, that's just how your marriage is. It's a minefield but you can try to navigate it.

Otherwise, don't fucking cheat on her you goddamn retard. Are you a fucking chimpanzee or something? You are PRESUMABLY a live human being, you should have the presence of mind to keep your goddamn dick in your pants and not blow up your marriage on a fucking whim.
>>
I am just really, really confused I guess. no idea what I want or why I'd want that, but I do want it a lot. I've basically quit life. I'm basically completely hung up on an ex, and I suspect that this isn't passing for the reason that I am isolated from the world, so there isn't really anything else to think about. stir crazy is a real risk. I quit everything because everything blew up. I can afford to dick around for a long time, and I sure am. I see no one, I do nothing. I think about my ex a lot. I read. it's a /lit/ life. I think she's the best creature that ever live, but quite suspicioiusly- the woman at my local thai-kiosk sort of flirted with me, and wouldn't you know, all of a sudden I wasn't that interested anymore. she's cute as hell. we'll see.
>>
>/clg/
>catholic literature general
>classical languages general
who wins?
>>
>>19455622
I keep thinking about this Xavier quote: "I can't remember my name... I can't remember if I do remember my name..."
>>
Why is it that the more you think about something the more real that something seems to get?
Is there a name for this phenomenon?
>>
>>19455654
I know it's a saying that whatever you think about, that's what you love
>>
I just want to cuddle a cute guy so much bros...
>>
>>19455678
very gay post
>>
>>19455681
Astounding observation.
>>
I'm surprised there are any babies made in Russia given the women all have Victor Tsoi to think about
>>
>>19455804
he been dead for years dude, what is there to think about :(
>>
File: 1615914582600.png (69 KB, 714x574)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
I ate a ton of indian food for lunch and now im not feeling too hot. Gonna skip dinner and just drink a few beers. God damn me.
>>
I've been on /lit/ for a couple years now and you often see recent high school graduates asking for reading recommendations. There's always this urgency about making up for lost time spent playing video games and watching youtube. I am the same way, so when I read these posts it reminds of this urgency I should be feeling. But I've since decided that all the gaming and internet browsing was not a waste of time, and neither has it grown stale. Either of those things could maintain my interest just as they always have. If there's something to be upset about it isn't that I've wasted or continue to waste time, but my lack of tolerance in how I view these activities. None of this contradicts my other reasons for wanting to move away from these activities, or it even strengthens them. I've found my cope bros, and it was all thanks to you.
>>
All horror stories are propagandist tales that instill the author's neurosis in the reader, leaving them with a false sense of understanding and comfort in their artificially manufactured morality. If you enjoy horror then you are a midwit.
>>
>>19452515
>less risky
this is why men today are still mentally and emotionally children.
>>
>>19453138
the people that make it from crypto will of course tell you to buy in. but you will never hear from the people whose shitcoin crashed and burned or when they bought at the top. don't risk what you can't afford to lose
>>
>>19448578
i have the problem of not being able to form a coherent identity. it's not uncommon that i get lost in a recommendation algorithm for months on end, only to realize later that i read or watched something 2 years ago that was way better than the stuff i'm consuming now. i always ask myself "how could i have forgotten that?" or "why did that never become solidified in me? "why am i not rooted anywhere?" I carry so many contrasts and different perspectives in my memory, but I'm unable to form something coherent out of it. Yet the resulting flexibility of not belonging anywhere is rewarded, especially in the online market. everywhere are these random pictures and people being attached to them for reasons that feel arbitrary sometimes. random symbols that have different values.
>>
>>19448578
>seven hills edition
Ah, the BP petrol station in seven hills. With the cute part Lebanese/Turkish girl working the counter. I miss her so much bros why did she have to change jobs before I could muster up the courage to ask her out.
>>
File: finna.jpg (84 KB, 480x270)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>19448578
its supposed to be an overplayed song and everything but my goodness, stairway to heaven is still so beautiful. i relistened to for the first time in years and man it's just so sublime on all fronts. just perfect performances, production, concept, lyrics...etc. i'm stunned by how well it holds up to the vision of it that i had during adolescence.
damned dirty bastards.
>>
File: 138778490083.png (57 KB, 600x434)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>spent all day playing pyramid solitaire
>drinking at the bar now
you guys don't know what suffering is...
>>
File: Pykewater.png (21 KB, 1144x570)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
was anybody here in regular contact with pykewater, the one anon with a massive personal collection who uploaded rare book scans? He had a private website and a discord server some /lit/anons were invited to, but he passed away

I'm the person who does Mesoamerican (Aztec, maya, etc) dumps and collects rare art and books for that from /his/, /v/, etc. We were going to work together on some stuff but he got sick and dropped out of communication shortly after we got in touch. I'm trying to get in touch with somebody who can at least get me into the circle of people he did stuff with/that discord server, his website/book collection, etc.

My throwaway is saintseiyasource@gmail.com.
>>
>>19456218
The whole backmasking satanic stuff ruins it for me. I don't know if they did it on purpose, it's a great song, but it still creeps me out.
>>
I wonder what goes through someone’s mind when they decide to kidnap a kid.
>>
>>19456467
He passed away.
>>
File: 1637504964521.png (1.47 MB, 897x900)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
Japs are supreme artistes and I cannot compete. I am nowhere near as spiritually profound and erudite. Just look at these lyrics to a powerlifting banger of an OST:
Long ago, in the distant past, they fell into decay
The philosopher’s path The river of glory
Even the saints resting in the darkness
rise up without response and block the way

Can you hear it,
the silent voice that calls to you?
Can you follow after it,
grasping at the straws of ignorance? (1)

Rage, oh Indra,
with an anger hot enough to burn boulders,
embracing the child of darkness
who swings his sword in the nothingness!

They remain hidden away, unseen even in dreams
The golden flowers The songs of Shangri-La (2)
You are denied even a night of prayer
The rapids of time thrust you ever onward

Can you hear it,
the silent voice that calls to you?
Can you cross over to it,
drinking the water of this impure river?

Rage, oh Indra,
with an anger hot enough to burn boulders,
embracing the child of darkness
who swings his sword in the nothingness!

Protect him, oh Indra,
this ignorant child,
and for but a brief moment,
purge these roads of rage!

—-

Notes:

(1) The “ignorance” that muyou refers to is a kind of spiritual ignorance known as avidya.

(2) Tougen is a shortened form of tougenkyou which, as I mentioned in the translation for Tobira-jima, is also the title of a Chinese fable that tells of a hidden paradise. I chose to translate it as Shangri-La this time for purposes of alliteration.
>>
>>19448578
why don't one of YOU write what's on my mind for a change?
>>
i can usually get (you)s by shitposting but something about /lit/, i feel like i dont quite understand this board
>>
>>19456613
Yes, i'm aware, that's why i'm trying to get in touch with people who had more contact with him and his resources since I can't work with him directly anymore.
>>
>>19448578
Had a sex dream. What you may not know if you haven't had sex yet, is that your sex dreams, after your real life sexual encounters, become so much more intense and full of tiny details derived from real life. The exact texture and feel of various body parts that were before only a guess are now very much real to your senses. The aroma of the body and the intensity of all your senses are all as alive as with the real thing. Before you have sex your sex dreams are little different than watching porn. After sex, the dreams feel just as real and all consuming of your senses and pleasure, your mind can fill in all the details you didn't have before. The dreams are usually better and more fulfilling than most real sex which can be frighteningly perilous. The dream is always perfection with the perfect partner. You wake up more satisfied than any random encounters or one night stand. Almost as satisfied as a real loving partner. But without the emotional mess attached.
>>
>>19456072
Stop watching YouTube or any of this video culture bullshit. Your soul and talent are being wasted for others gain.

Never load another video. I haven't wasted a second there in about a decade. Just quit. Your life is to valuable to waste in that hell. Block the site in your browser. Live your life. Don't give in.
>>
Dad is telling me I need to get out more again. I’m almost 30 and I spend more time outside than he does. He just doesn’t like that I read books and don’t enjoy driving.
>>
I don’t know where I’m supposed to go. Two of the biggest cities in the United States are nearby and I think they’re overpriced dumps. I don’t have to live there. But what’s the alternative really? Outside of the cities it’s just miles and miles of suburb, and why should I live there? I don’t have any particular reason to live there either.

In truth, I want to just leave but I’m far away from putting that together.
>>
>>19456880
I like to drive out into the wilderness, take some food and water and a book, lay out a blanket and read all day. You could try that.
>>
>>19456910
What about a nice Van? Live in it. Roll wherever you please. Never get tied down. Learn the wonders of engine maintenance.and repair.
>>
>>19455846
dead Tsoi > me > (You)
>>
>start reading book
>look it up on goodreads
>0 ratings 0 reviews
>happened at least 30 times now
do normalfags really only read the same handful of viral-popular books and never anything else? how do you cope with this feel? there are millions of books and most will never be read other than by a handful of people. what suffering.
>>
I hate modern dating. The apps, ghosting. I'm starting to see this girl already, nice I guess, but I just hate the whole process.

Everyone I know getting married met organically, which makes sense, and is what I'm doing now.
>>
>>19457044
I met my bf on tinder and we've been dating nearly a year now. We'll likely get married.
>>
>>19457031
it's not like /lit/ isn't the same selection of meme books over and over again. try posting something that isn't a meme, it will scroll to oblivion with maybe one pity reply by someone who never read it.
>>
File: 1637636689282.jpg (88 KB, 837x712)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
Sometimes I think life is a video game
>>
>>19456932
I’m not really into that.
>>
>>19457044
Apps fucked me up psychologically in hindsight, I did a lot of casual dating over OKCupid before apps took off and the thing is, I aways got dates despite being very average because I could send a first message and get a conversation going. Women were usually so happy not to be getting "Hey" "Hey baby" "Hay your cute" spam that they would at least give me a chance, I could almost tangibly sense that my resume was being looked at a little more holistically than the other applicants' because I seemed like I had a brain.

Then I was in a long term relationship for several years. After I broke up and was finally ready to date again, apps had replaced online dating and real life. Immediately I was struck by how different it was. Women's profiles are empty, or say something like "I love going outsideeeeee," because they know they don't have to put anything so why bother. Their mentality is very "let's just get to the date part and I'll judge you holistically then." But this instantly eliminates average guys like me from the running, because while on OKCupid their first experience of me was that I had enough of a brain not to message "hay gurl," and this made them holistically judge me with my appearance only being one factor, if they're doing the holistic part on the date itself, they are obviously going to start with a crop of very handsome, rich looking men to give date those chances to.

This alone eliminates 95% of the wiggle room you used to have. I'm telling you, back then it was different. You could make up for a lot by being interesting and well-spoken. Now you're eliminated in the preliminaries before the show even starts. And if you do get a few matches, they're "ugh, fine, I'll give at least one of the duds (average joes) a chance today" matches, you're on thin ice already, and the woman has a blank profile or her profile simply says "Love dogs n food xx" so any attempt to break the ice will be douchey and artificial by necessity.

App dating is beyond horrifying. I got out of the game as fast as I could and got a gf. But I can see in hindsight how much it fucked with my mind. It's not normal, or healthy, to be talking to fellow human beings like you're on trial and you're in a job interview all rolled into one. Nor is it healthy for average or below average women to be receiving that level of desperation from men who are really only acting that way because it's their only semi-acceptable match in months.

Even for very good looking guys it can be painful. My Chad friend was showing me how it's only good if you want dirty, well-used women with no self-respect to act like they're doing you a favor by offering you bad sex and a boring evening. If you want something human, even as Chad you have to search for that one other girl who is barely willing to be on the app temporarily.
>>
>>19456917
Why? To appease my father? I spend a lot of time outdoors already. He just wants something to complain about with me.
>>
>>19457044
I don’t use them. It’s been 3 years since I’ve had a date. The college girlfriend and I broke up and I’ve just not have a date since. I pretty much refuse to get on apps.
>>
>>19456467
>>19456613
RIP to that rapture guy, I didn't really get or like those threads but if he was legit and trying to make learning available he was a good man and if he has really passed away then he deserves to be remembered for it.
>>
>>19457152
But maybe if you could drive more you could take a woman with you into the wilderness to read and fuck? Maybe your father just wants you not to be a genetic failure.
>>
>>19457044
dating apps are for masturbatory sex, not dating
>>
>>19457150
All well written.

My only thing is: what's the alternative? Because everywhere I look I'm told not to approach women in public because "they've been bothered enough." Can't approach at the gym, work, coffee shop. I do want to respect that, I get it really, but it leaves me little elsewhere besides the apps or just working my friends circles (where there really aren't any women I'm into anyway).
>>
File: 1633494911692.png (348 KB, 552x513)
348 KB
348 KB PNG
I know I'm a pretty boring person. Yet I don't know how to fix it. Any attempts to do so makes me feel disingenuous.
>>
>>19457165
I’m sure that’s part of it, and also just being around all the time. But I don’t know what I’m supposed to do. My job sent me home because of Covid, my lease ran out, and im not sure when or even if I’ll get sent back and even if I do I don’t want to go back there. In the meantime, I’m back in my hometown but I have no friends here anymore, certainly no girlfriend. There’s hardly even young people around. It’s not like I chose to be a loner. It just ended up that way.
>>
Would I be an idiot to move out of New York if I’m trying to get published? I hate it here but I have this impression that living here gives me the best shot.
>>
>>19457189
I'm not sure either. It's difficult to meet women organically at work or in school because they are all on the apps too, so their needs are being met so to speak. If a female friend or colleague is single, it's not like you're going to be the first one to ask her out in a while, which happened in the '90s. She's on the apps at least somewhat regularly and feels basically pursued and validated. You are competing with that. And that's assuming she isn't just plain loose, and not interested in anything stable.

I know women who think their 20s are for stringing together a many "exciting" 3-4 month flings as possible with no illusions of a future. They sometimes talk about "when I hit the wall and have to stop, you know, when I'm 35 or something," and I realize we are living in a very different worlds. I can't even imagine being in their positions and not at least somewhat understanding that 35 year old you isn't going to have the same options as 25 year old you.

I still had my best luck with organic rapports with girls in my classes but college doesn't last forever and workplaces are usually small and relatively static. Other than that, my only luck has been finding that one girl who doesn't want to be on Bumble either, and somehow magically signaling to each other that you have substance. But I have friends trying to do this and it's depressing hearing about the latest new app they're trying out because they've exhausted the last one too.
>>
File: migrant worker.jpg (1.08 MB, 1920x2354)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
i've just really moved on from certain topics of conversations and dealing with specific attitudes in my life. it shouldn't be surprising but seeing that ''oh i just said something very provocative but completely devoid of substance about this thing that you care about a lot just to make you mad hahaha that's funny isn't it? no? damn just get a sense of humor dude. you're at fault here'' attitude spring up again today with my friend. it's quite exasperating. just let me focus on making something out of this man, get a grip on yourself.
it might like it's against the 4chan ethos of having no boundaries, and in the context of this site and online shitposting in general i'm all for it, but when the purposefully dumb, unoriginal and downright empty circlejerk of social media edgelord games become your way of life, you have to take a step back and really mill over how this will impact your time investment. if all it does is cultivate this state of neverending bitterness/resentment, it's going to be one hell of a sad show 10-15 years from now, but unfortunately, thinking in the long term is encouraged to be discarded.
i hope my friend learns before it's too late.
>>
>>19457267
Idk I meet women outside by just smiling at them.
>>
>>19457236
Your dad is right. Get a car, older, kind of beat up. Cruise your town a night. Find a girl, 22, being sexed trafficked, follow her about the town. Secretly get to know her by leaving her notes. Rescue her in the middle.of the night. Drive for the coast. Watch the sun rise with her by the shore. Profit.
>>
>>19448578
I feel bothered often, but my life is actually a lot better than I realize. Only things that are really on my mind is how I'm still pretty socially inept, and haven't built upon any other skills.

Though, while I feel fine now, I give it a week tops before I'm self-loathing again. Any books that has helped you anons in keeping a more steadfast mentality?
>>
>>19457202
ditch the s4s-tier reaction images for starters
>>
I want to learn to juggle. Seems like it would be neat.
>>
>>19457754
It’s pretty nice. Really, it’s a hell of a lot better than the fucking frogs and deformed man
>>
>>19457762
Also I am really struggling with making some long term choices. My preferences seem to me heavily biased to what I am currently experiencing and the options I am inclined to seem too easy. Do I actually want the path I am about to commit to, does it fit me or am I just choosing the easy option. Is it easy because it the right one? My past choices seem to have worked out for me so far but that seems like unstable logic.
>>
>>19457774
One of your most interesting traits is your persistence in using your own catchphrases as if everybody knows what you mean even though nobody else uses them
>>
>>19457803

alter elsewhere
>>
File: artificialwombs.webm (1.61 MB, 271x480)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB WEBM
over three weeks into the month i can't get this fantasy out of my head; as of two days ago i can't stop thinking about having my consciousness forcibly and irreversibly uploaded to an immortal sex robot. the pressure downstairs probably can be measured in megapascals as a result.
if i elaborate any further, i'd very likely lose, punch a hole in the wall, sexually implode, or all three. i just wanted to get this out there.
>>
>>19457827
take you pills alice
>>
>>19457827
Like Major Kusanagi

https://youtu.be/Cwm6krslrOc
>>
>>19457365
Did you tell your friend how you felt?
>>
File: mpv-shot0414.png (1.45 MB, 1440x1080)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
>>19457866
please elaborate
>>
>>19457886
The cyborg from Ghost in the Shell. She’s just a brain in a fully android body.
>>
A fellow asked me to write a poem concerning the Hierophant card however by the time I wrote it the thread for poetry was gone, I’ll repost when the thread returns, but until then, I will post it here.

The Hierophant.

Come forth Hierophant of initiations
Whether bacchanalian or Venusian,
Come and cant thy carmen incantations
Chant oblivion of ophidian,
Come with mysteries to move from stations
elusinian to fields Elysian.

Prophet teacher psychopomp and liar
Bearing valley’s lily and sharon’s rose
In the torch of thy immortal fire,
Throes of woes each froze in metamorphose
Whether wound of nail or stygian mire
Flows anointing through thy living Logos.

Thou miser master of man’s misery
Of raiment falsely reigning vicar vile
Whose veil of voices shimmer silvery
Thy tongues from foreign isles always beguile
The innocent of all iniquity,
Delusive chains of profane vanity.
>>
Everyone who has "imposter syndrome" has it because they are an actual imposter. People "know" things which help them do their job, but they don't know that they know things, otherwise they would be able exploit their knowledge as far as it would take them. Most people don't do this, because they are frauds. Any doctor who really understood how their medicines worked would be able to conceptualize new kinds of medicine. Anyone who taught themselves a subject from a book should be able to do that with any subject they please. Anyone who really understood the legal system would know how to make improved laws as well as how to use the system to get those laws passed
>>
It would be frighteningly easy to sink the entire North American continent into a Syria-tier failed state mudheap. There's so many guns in the United States that holding the North American continent militarily is virtually impossible. You'd have to bomb major population centers heavily, but then you can't hold the territory or repopulate it. IEDs are easy to build and so tanks and troop transports could be blown up or disabled quickly. The interstate highways could be disabled by explosives also, crippling transit of military across the continent. Soldiers would face similar situations to what they faced in Iraq, where they were trying to administer hostile populations whose fighters could effortlessly blend into the local townsfolk. This is to say nothing of defectors from the Army and the Marines that would join a resistance and lend their expertise to it, crippling and undermining the strategies and tactics of the central government.

Basically if there's ever another civil war in the United States it will be a bloody miserable fuckfest which probably ends with the United States ceasing to exist.
>>
>>19458235
I agree. since I reached a certain point of competence in my job I have no impostor syndrome whatsoever - because I am a professional and know what I am doing.
>>
i went to goodwill and looked at their book section and it was awful. classics were only 1/4 of a tiny section and even that was only half full. everything else was crappy women's romance, sci-fi, and shitty contemporary like water for elephants. why is my life like this, why do people read shitty books
the best thing they had there was the iliad and some shakespeare
>>
I'm glad I started young. It feels like I never have enough time in a day. Constantly adding new things to the backlog
>>
You guys don't even fucking care about me. Fuck all of you. You don't give a single fucking shit about me. Fuck (you)
>>
>>19458571
There there
There there
>>
https://warosu.org/lit/thread/19458193

A CATHOLIC, AN ORTHODOX, AND A PROTESTANT, APPEAR BEFORE A BAR; THE BARKEEP SENDS THE CATHOLIC DOWN A SCOTCH; THE ORTHODOX A VODKA, AND THE PROTESTANT A SODAWATER, HAHA HAHA.
>>
called in sick for first time at new job. feels good
it's important to have small joys
>>
>>19458644
>its a butters randomly has an unprovoked mental breakdown about her childhood again episode

getting tired of these re-runs
>>
>>19458658
a joke init?
>>
>>19458658
>mental breakdown
Eh? Check the link. It’s a parody on Rei’s post which got deleted
>>
>>19458671
>not only are you tripfagging for attention spamming in every thread, often derailing discussion of books you have never read, but you are now digging out completely random old posts of yours from the archive and spamming them everywhere for seemingly no reason but patting yourself on the back

honestly though, what the fuck is broken inside of you to make you do weird, desperate shit like this? youre on like 10 different layers of unironic "please god validate me everyone" right now
>>
>>19458711
Get that checked out anon.
>>
>>19450979
Also known as Poseidon's kiss.
>>
>>19458730
i cant get you checked out over the internet, i wish i could for all of our sakes, but i cant. If i could, i would offer you the hand of friendship if i knew it would help you cope with whatever the hell trauma it is that drives you to act out like this so we could all move on and live happily ever after
>>
File: readd.png (128 KB, 500x623)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>19458644
hi
i just downloaded Labyrinth (1986)
>>
is the anglosphere obsession with homosexuality and transgenderism a result of repressive protestant sexual morality?

it's like they think it's a novel concept for men to fuck men, instead of something that was done for as long as men have had cocks
they generate gender dysphoria by not being able to recognize that men can have feminine aspects
all of this leads to bizarre identity issues
>>
>>19458847
yes. obviously. everyone knows that mate. don't ask stupid questions
>>
I need a Muse.
>>
>>19459015
calliope
>>
Bitch I hooked up with once was flipping through a Folio edition copy of one of my favorite books after she saw my collection. She bent a bunch of the pages. It's been a week and I'm still filled with impotent rage.
>>
Happy thanksgiving frens :)
How are you all spending your day?

Also, real reason I came to this thread was to ask a question - how do you guys organize the order of books on your bookshelves?
>>
It's approaching the end of the second week without any kind of stimulants and I'm feeling relaxed after nine years of energy drinks and adderall. I'm learning how to stop over thinking and fix my body to therefore fix my mind, such as balancing the symbiotic relationship between my breathing and staying in the present and focused. I notice that whenever I have these maladaptive anxiety filled daydreams and I start to get anxious or angry in response my breathing goes shallow and rapid. This also occurs with other things such as if I'm talking to someone my speech grows more rapid. I believe that the way I've been breathing all these years has been completely wrong. It's not exactly meditation, I want to try it, but I'm becoming more aware of my body. I'm trying to slow down, learning how to lift again and this time I'm taking the movements nice and slow and trying to keep my mind quiet and absent of thought, only focusing on the feeling of my muscles. Feels good man.
>>
>>19459070
Did you use very frequently? If so how did you deal with the withdrawals? Spent about three weeks clean and I could barely get out of bed most of the time or reply to texts. I'm on the comedown from adderall right now and tweaking by the way.

Happy for you though fren. Sounds like you're gmi
>>
>>19458809
was kinda patronizing in that children’s fiction way
nice music tho https://youtu.be/2V3FlGZo6Qc
>>
>>19458730
Butters did you come out of hiding after getting humiliated in that previous WWOYM thread last week.
>>
File: 1633970472607.png (130 KB, 2700x2700)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>>19459090
I used quite frequently but that's because of ADHD. It started to become abuse towards the end when I was snorting lines and my skin was starting to get damaged and I felt like death. How I dealt with the withdrawals? I cried a shitload, for an entire day. I think it was my body trying to get the bad energy out. I still felt like utter death for around a week, but maybe it's my genetics. I believe it to be some kind of divine intervention that I'm still not in bed feeling like absolute ass. It's weird that I'm not craving energy drinks either. Even posting a picture like pic related doesn't make me crave it. I think I just got into a habit.
>>
>>19459090
Also I hope you enjoy your tweak brah. I hope you'll be able to get off it for good but it's far easier said than done. WAGMI
>>
>>19459189
I was really enjoying her absence. damn shame
>>
I will not go down under the ground
cus somebody tells me that death's comin round
and I will not carry myself down to die
when I go to my grave my head will be high-
let me die
in my footsteps
before I go down under the ground
>>
how many times do you think that you and I have almost killed eachother? [half-playfully:] do you want to go on?
>>
people are leaving christianity because it's become a secularized tool of the right wing
>>
>three tripfags in the thread
Ew what the fuck how did we let this happen man
>>
>>19459559
No and a lot of people are joining Christianity in fact. I’m not Christian though but you c
>>
>>19459566
* but you can’t just say this
>>
>>19459566
well it can be both
a ton of people have an allergic reaction to christianity as a result of bad family experiences with it and its use as the face of right-wing populism
meanwhile a lot of the churches themselves are trying to counteract that and it works sometimes
>>
I can’t be the only one who finds it difficult to find a lifestyle and persona.
>>
>>19457396
I have a car. I just don’t like to drive it and don’t have anywhere to drive it if I did. That’s not the problem with your little script.
>>
How could an American move to Europe?
>>
File: Ryder Siegfried.jpg (95 KB, 588x572)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
The dead internet idea is really bugging me. My gut says the majority of traffic on the big websites is either totally astroturfed or orchestrated to present the right opinions at the right times
>>
>>19459830
it would settle a lot for me if I could just assume that it died
>>
>>19459640
Get a job?
>>
>>19459830
What do you mean
>>
idk why I want to go watch lewd asmrs bros. I should probably find an ugly fat chick that will tolerate all my bullshit and wife her.
>>
A prose poem in contemplation of the Jewish story of moses being devoured by the giant serpent.
i saw a lurid serpent scaled with prismatic delirium yet lucidly its open throat was lined with columns fantasmal each pillar marble and yet more akin to pylons peristyle his guts in peristalsis palpitating organs surrounding me mouth’s immensity of teeth in opalescence they give me immanence as glut among the opulence of catharsis in katabasis.
>>
Thread about God's suicide got deleted so I am going to post my reply to anon here:

You're refusing Mainlander's originality. He combined many influences and came up with his own unique conclusions. Mainlander's was the only God before or after him there were/are no Gods even if there were demigods, they were mortal and bounded by time and space who're dead now. So there is no point in worshiping anything. Entropy is only supreme principle which underlies all phenomenon which will bring the absolute annihilation to every fragment within this universe.

>>19460261
Suo Frater
Can you tell me about the nature of Prajapati? Anon was saying that he committed suicide which was the source of creation. Is he right?
>>
>>19459830
it's not surprising the dead internet theory comes from 4chan
this place makes my eyes glaze over
>>
>>19460286
I genuinely think you’ll find the doctrine of transience given much more forcibly in the eastern material and even more forcibly within the book of Ecclesiastes than you will anywhere else, and I say that from a position of study of various philosophy, a multitude of religion and poetry, Ecclesiastes is the supreme work on entropy and transience.

As for Prajapati, in most Hindu theology (whether the name denotes Brahman, Brahma or any other.) it is the unknowable pre-creation deity who is cut into pieces to make creation, which is Pan in Chinese lore, Adam Kadmon among the abrahamics, Ymir among the Norse and so forth, it is a nearly if not universal motif of there being a primal man/being which is usually in the shape f a human, which is slain/chopped into pieces by the rationalizer/demiurge/king God, which is the positive architect demiurge of platonism, the civilization-harmony of Odin and so forth, the allegory is usually that the world is unified, perfect and one thing, and then reason divides it into pieces, and this is either a holy act or an unholy act depending on the theology and mysticism of that particular religion. Calling it suicide in all of these cases is a bit of an exaggeration because all of these deities continue to live on as the creation and the mysticism usually has it that you can find these unborn uncrafted forms, this is the uncarved block of Taoism and zen for example, this deity is the protogonos/phanes of the Orphic, which is the cosmic egg girth with a serpent, the Egg is the primal unity/purity, the serpent is the philosophical truth of the world’s nature, the egg burst and the primal unity, the Primal man descends and this is the birth of creation and he is reformed through the birth of man. In Greek he becomes Dionysus who is slain and risen, the mystery of resurrection and the birth of divinity from hades (hell, the inner most dark where persists a flame.) with Persephone (the anima mundi, the world as otherness beautified, harmonious, a mirror.) and this is the birth of Dionysus who is the resurrection of primal man, and this is Moses who bears the Serpent-staff which is the grasping of truth in creation, this is the Neoplatonic idol-goal of the demiurge, this is the Gnostic Abrasax born of the monad being birthed into creation through the thrice fold knowledge of the trinity, this is among the Hindus the mystery of arjuna and Indra as the manifestation of Vishnu, this among the shivaites is the relation of shiva of the Trimurti (thus logically in maya, below purusha, himself an illusion of the created) with Parashiva who is their parabrahman and the origin of the nirguna Brahman.

The primal unity of God obscures itself in order to create creation, then reveals himself as part of the creation, dying and rising is the formula of this. It is not suicide, it is Fatherhood and the revelation of the self through the son.
>>
>>19460378
this is the gayest shit i've read. people think this is profound?
>>
>>19460384
Whether you find it gay or profound it’s a common global motif, the idea being essentially that the totality of time and being and nature, of the infinite is already contained within God the infinite prior to creation, and history is simply an illusionary slaying of this God in order to reveal this God within the finite, the usual reason being as the tantriks say, God is Para, Parapara and Apara, which is to say, infinite, infinite-in-finite and the finite, which is to say, the infinite series of numbers necessarily must contain the one and the limited, thus if God is perfect time must necessarily occur and the obscuring of God’s attributes, their veiling and eventual revelation through time is required, however God in himself is complete and perfect prior to time, time itself being the finite attribute within God’s infinity and the end of time being the total unveiling of God in this finite vision, which is to say, an experience of total Perichoresis, an experience of the mutual interpenetration of the three paras.
>>
>>19460378
Holy shit, thank you for answering the question in much detail man. I consider you an authority on religious doctrines so I would take your word on it.

We were both chimping out on the originality of Mainlander's interpretation. And he kept denying that he wasn't "original" not even in the sense that his monotheistic God committed suicide.
And I agree with you on Ecclesiastes. It is one of the greatest book.
>>
>>19460418
>it’s a common global motif
no it's not. stop lying
>>
>>19460418
Frater have you ever read the books God and Philosphy, and Being and Some Philosphers by Etienne Gilson?
>>
>>19460418
Do you think that God or Deamon or Will-to-Live is also metacognitive? What do you think about that Schopenhauer's Will-to-Live?
>>
>>19460491
https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kadmon

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangu

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ymir

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion_(Blake)

Etc

> We were both chimping out on the originality of Mainlander's interpretation. And he kept denying that he wasn't "original" not even in the sense that his monotheistic God committed suicide.

I would say you can definitely argue it’s a reformulation of the common monist/great God dividing himself narrative;even in Hegel we see this same doctrine but in its spiritual form by this I mean to say, the Absolute as infinite divides into begrif (conception without actual existence, akin to the pleroma or forms) and actual (that which has been rationally formulated, thus existent, thus able to draw an actual idea.) allowing for the process of time to eventually create absolute knowledge, which is to say, the absolute idea, which is to say, the infinite Godhead revealed fully knowably, rationally and in nature.

To quote him at length

“ goal of the process is the revelation of the depth of spiritual life, and this is the Absolute Notion. This revelation consequently means superseding its “depth”, is its “extension” or spatial embodiment, the negation of this inwardly self-centred (insichseiend) ego – a negativity which is its self-relinquishment, its externalization, or its substance: and this revelation is also its temporal embodiment, in that this externalization in its very nature relinquishes (externalizes) itself, and so exists at once in its spatial extension” as well as in its “depth” or the self. The goal, which is Absolute Knowledge or Spirit knowing itself as Spirit, finds its pathway in the recollection of spiritual forms (Geister) as they are in themselves and as they accomplish the organization of their spiritual kingdom. Their conservation, looked at from the side of their free existence appearing in the form of contingency, is History; looked at from the side of their intellectually comprehended organization, it is the Science of the ways in which knowledge appears.(13) Both together, or History (intellectually) comprehended (begriffen), form at once the recollection and the Golgotha of Absolute Spirit, the reality, the truth, the certainty of its throne, without which it were lifeless, solitary, and alone. Only
The chalice of this realm of spirits
Foams forth to God His own Infinitude”

SO I would say this doctrine does exist historically but in different formulations, mainlander’s formulation being in a much more materialist conception with a primary fixation on the element of transience without the other aspects of the doctrine, so his formulation WOULD be unique however the essential core of it exists globally.
>>
>>19460478
Sorry meant to reply to you here
>>19460542

>>19460495
No, ought I?

>>19460506
Complex topic, I apologize if the terms ands modeling gets too overly-baroque in order to explain my position.

I in general correspond directly Schopenhauer’s conception of Will with Sin-nature, to quote Paul concerning sin

Romans 7:15-25

“I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.”

We see in this a doctrine of the threefold man, being Soma(body,) psyche(mind) and pneuma (Spirit which people usually mean when they say soul, which is incorrect as soul is a translation of psyche.)

And from these three parts we see the will of flesh, will of mind and in religious/mystical circumstances only do we really see the will of spirit(man’s own) and yet the man is bound by this emptiness and this law which compels him, sin, which is Hamartia is imperfection, this hole of emptiness which drives man forward to fill himself, and I believe this the true origin of ennui and melancholia,

In the next post I will elaborate.
>>
Consciousness is but a fleeting moment. An illusion strong enough to be called reality and rigid enough to escape our will's grasp. Not subject to our desires, but to our deepest nature instead.
It is that nature that defines our consciousness, and we assume of others sharing that nature to produce the same conscious world as ours.
It is that nature what remains when this fleeting moment passes. All we get with consciousness is a chance to tilt that nature in our will's favour. Or to feel that it is 'us' that do so, I should say.
>>
>>19460635
Ennui Heidegger states is what occurs when the fullness of being becomes clear and its profound emptiness becomes apparent.

At the heart of the individual there is a profound sense of incompletion, of lack, what then is this state of lack; this all pervading nature which is not even of the emotions but pervades them, appears when emotions fade and the center of focus is made the total.

It is the sin at the heart of man, the negatory will of God. A profound gap in the being of an individual. The nature of this gap reflects in the death drive, melancholy is the taste of it, it is the void below, the interior hollow which is truly empty and contains nothing. This is the mirror of Sunyata which the common man tastes.

This negatory void is the contradiction at the heart of the physical being, the flesh of ones perception, this is why the ego seeks the other for affirmation, why it seeks to satisfy itself with things, itself or even God.

This profound negatory void in man, this sin-nature, hamartia if left empty leads to annihilation of the self, so man must attempt to fill it. This is the root of inauthenticity but also the chance of divine actualization, theosis. When you attempt to fill the Hamartia at the heart of man with others, your own being becomes subjugated and it is like an illusion, a imperfect image changing on a lake, it temporarily creates an image which is distorted by movement, as the other is constantly in flux, the hamartia nature returns and the image casted in the lake dispelled.

If you try to project your own will into it, that is the casting of a illusion upon the surface of the moving lake, if you try to place others or ideas or drives, all of them fail due to the dynamism of the Void in the heart of man.

How then can this void be filled? There are 4 primary methods used by men to gain relief and fulfill this void.

One can attempt to change the very structure of their being in order to latch on to some other, some stable or unstable outside point. This can be an ideal, a virtue, a aesthetic, people even.

This reliance of the other binds man to interaction with other, whether the ideas of the other, the knowledge or the society of others. This is the birth of the city of the devil, of babalon.

Man by living the cultural life,

partaking of knowledge of other, connects his being and his void with the being of others and their conceptual frameworks. The heart of these is the same profound emptiness, this causes a multiplication of the emptiness which pervades any temporary relief.

Cont
>>
>>19460651
As man subjugates and manipulates himself into a cog in the conceptual models and cultures of the world, his hamartia mixes with theirs, a greater void and a greater illusion is born. As such the pain and experience of incompletion actually increases from this methodology. The second methodology is intellectual-aesthetic illusion, Nicholai Hartman writes that all true Art works by crafting a piece which makes you forget the foreground and takes you to an illusionary background filled with illusions of ideas, ideal things, your own intellectual world where fullness dwells, beauty then is a sense of harmonious completion among the parts, the aesthetic experience does not free from the Will but from the hamartia by filling the void with phantoms. These phantoms are much more resilient then the other but are still not enough, as they require a constant stream of intellect, Will and so forth to maintain, the second the individual himself changes (which is forced on him by the dynamic nature of the void in the heart of man) he must abandon in that moment his phantoms and the profound incompletion returns.

The Third methodology is resting in the void, resting in one self, to elaborate this is the most subtle manipulation of the illusions and void possible, instead of creating a intellectual-aesthetic illusion, you try to manipulate yourself by relaxation, by mental disassociation and re-association to dis-attach from your manner of being utterly and associate your form/body AS the void, as such you try to fulfill the void by filling it with your own being, your own nature, your own pure will.

In this method you make the hamartia in the heart of man consume the totality of being, in an attempt to cause a synthesis, this in Taoism is called wu-wei, this in Spinoza’s work is acquiescentia, to allow yourself to flow into the void at the heart of man until the void and the being cannot be distinguished. This is “crushing the void”

In this state the void at the heart of man is transmuted from a negatory experience to one of fullness and satisfaction, it is still negatory but it has become an active void. This is demonstrated by such practices as Zuowang and shikantaza.

The error of this method is three fold.

1=it is incredibly hard to maintain during active daily life, in interaction with others and thus leads often to absolute seclusion and hermitage

2=the void is not actually filled but rather being is annihilated

3=beyond pleasure and satisfaction and many states of spiritual/mental/psychological/physical bliss this methodology is utterly sterile, it cannot be replicated or shared and it does not produce culture, technology, it cannot truly be shared, it cannot do anything but rest in itself and be itself. This renders it sterile.

Cont
>>
>>19460655

The Fourth method which is the actual method of fulfilling the Void is to transmute the hamartia itself into thelema. The fulfilling of the void at the heart of man is done by living in accordance with the Will and Reason of God, this is the fulfiller of being, because the void-Will brings man to nothing, the positive will creates perpetually more and more being, which is the transmutation of being into becoming, the void becomes the space of the becoming of the individual actualizing his existence as he is in the mind of god, in pure potential, the lines of flight reach out in all directions showing the now dynamic extensions of Being. Pure lines of becoming stretch forth in all directions. The Will of God, these lines of becoming which are hidden in the void, which is pure potentiality, are hidden in the profound darkness of lack, it is only by the light of Reason that these lines of becoming can be found and entered upon, however the lines of becoming can lead back to the void, they can become short, in the first method you block you light for the colored lights of others. In the second method you obscure your light with images to cast shadows to look

upon, in the third you snuff out the light so only darkness remains, in the fourth you become direct your light to the pathways and you must maximize the brightness of the light.

Christ who is pure reason is the great light, God is the great Reason, by reflection of His light into ours, we can obey see the greatest lines of becoming which become indefinitely, thus in this is immortality. The void in the heart of man replaced by a boundless being, boundless becoming, guided by the light of the Sun of Will, the Christ. This is the straight and narrow road of the Bible.

Just as the first method creates the city of the devil, a macro collection of emptiness and illusions, sin perpetually multiplying and inauthenticity reigning supreme, this fourth method creates the city of god, as the constant becoming makes you as a light to the world, your Reason shines forth and reflects as if a mirror upon others who also strive for the light and to shine their light.

The city of the devil then is darkness and obscuring, being chained in a boundless void of emptiness and transience, the city of God then is unchanging boundless Light which unifies into greater and greater dancing interpenetrating lights, walking on the road of becoming and thus coming closer and closer.
>>
>>19460635
>No, ought I?
If you find interesting the frame of Abrahamic religion representing a metaphysical shift into viewing God as a sort of principle of Being(as opposed to certain Greek notions like the One). He interprets Aquinas as finally reconciling this metaphysical focus on being with the systems of the Greeks(Augustine attempting to incorporate Plotinus being a failure in his view). The post you made above vaguely made me think of it anyway. He makes a lot out of "I am that I am".
>>
>>19460542
Transcendental Realism when viewed in the Death of God context kinda becomes materialism, no?
>>
>>19459830
one could change the comments with bots, no-one would notice, they are all the same
>>
>>19460664
Nicely done. Was he a pretty mainline Christian? Where can I read more of him relating to Christianity?
>>
>>19460735
I'm assuming you dont think this is true of yourself? If so what percentage of posters do you think are like you, and not replaceable by bots?
>>
>>19460664
The city of the devil then logically leads to annihilation and the absorption of its being into the third method, the devouring of the city of the devil by the void.

The city of God then logically shall rule for eternity, growing in light and intensity day by day. This is why sin and the Holy Spirit of god are poured out continuously at greater and greater degrees by the day.

The city of the devil results in absolute synthetic inauthenticity, which is the gradual destruction of authentic being, being becoming a play thing of void.

The city of God results in boundless positive change, which is the fullness of God on earth.
The Void and being replaced by boundless divine becoming along the eternal narrow road.

Now apologies anon, I will be posting from further more jargon heavy things I have written which I know will be harder to deal with, but I believe are still of value on the topic.

Before reading, understand that Deleuze’s conception of Will derives from Nietzsche, both believing that the Will is not an emptiness but rather an extension and grasping of the self, or more property, the Self is an extension of the will, as Heidegger states being/how we exist and identity is dependent on Care, being constructed out of our will towards how we relate to other things, and as deleuze explains (when interpreting niet) that all will is either in an active dominating mode or a reaction dominated mode in relation to all other wills and cause, thus they cannot truly be separated being tied in this causal manner. (This is the rhizomatic unity)

SO, with this in mind we must also put into consideration the two phases of the will which Hegel notes in philosophy of right, being either suspended (and non-actual) seeking/in arbritrarity, which he by name says is the nirguna Brahman ideal of various Hindus, OR it can be towards actuality and this is true freedom, because will that wills a particular wills is the only type of will which can have phenomenological existence therefore is the only actually Free will, because any other type of will is will united with Begrif.

So with this in mind we can divide this term “Will” into four distinct and interrelated forces/movements.

Cont
>>
>>19460840
Positive thelema= Will-to-becoming
Negatory-Thelema=Will-to-I-Alone

Positive Hamartia=Will-To-Annihilate-in-other,

By positive I mean to say, this is the emptiness in man seeking to be fulfilled by life and finding meaning in the world, the primal hunger for God.

Negatory Hamartia=Will-To-Annihilate-Itself,

This is the will to annihilate the self both as death and as Nirguna.

The Thelema within Hamartia is the Will to other, the Holy aspect hidden within sin is the potential to know God. (Felix culpa)

Positive thelema=seeks to go out of itself to become in and for itself,

Which is to say, the Will and self seeks to recognize itself by seeing the other, thus uncovering itself, and this is sight of the image of God in man through recognition of beauty. To quote Keats

“A thing of beauty is a joy forever”

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."

And beauty of course as Schiller explains in his interpretation of Kant in his aesthetic letters, is a harmony of the formal Laws with the sensual material world, which is to say, Beauty is harmony of the senses, and more, the harmony of senses with all of the world of ideal, beauty then is the image of knowledge, the totality of beauty being identical to all knowledge and all knowledge being simply the multiplicity wherein the totality is truth as a singularity.

Negatory thelema=seeks to Go in itself to be for itself and gain universal abstract freedom

Which is to say, the Will towards the Sublime and for extreme religious experience itself is the touch of hamartia in the will that seeks life.

Positive Hamartia=seeks the out-of-itself to replace the in-itself with a different in-itself,

Which is to say, it seeks transformation of the self, metanoia, the radical reformation of the self and Will.

Negative Hamartia=seeks the out-of-itself by annihilating all in-itself thus Will-to-end-Will

Which is to say, it seeks Death and to end all will, thus freedom from itself, the vastness and release from its own determination, which is the Buddhist goal of Sunyata, which I will explain now.

the Buddhists see 4 positions.
BEING IS
BEING IS NOT
BOTH
NEITHER

And these four have another mirrored 4 positions.

NO-BEING IS
NOT-BEING IS NOT
BOTH
NEITHER

and this eightfold division is the 8 spoked wheel of Buddhism, you may confirm, deny both or neither, or the opposite of these even further. So what is the center? What is the middle way? The middle way to Buddhism is to grasp at none of these, saying “this position which is none of the above is the truth”

Cont
>>
>>19460759
it is true for myself too, when I comment somewhere I'm too much influenced by the general atmosphere of the topic and other things that make me fall in line more than it should,

think of the xth iteration of the lame "joe biden is old" joke, across every topic that is going on right now, that's my level when I post, I don't think I have something more valuable to offer than what's already been said a million times already in a hundred languages, that makes me bot-like, ideologically possesed?

even in real life I realized that I'm following thought patters that I don't personally agree with, hell, I have personal theories/guidelines written down in a document that I break every day, it's hard to stay true to myself in this age,
>>
>>19460851
and this positing being apophatic, is ultimately allowing all options to exist in potential, not being grasped. This is the meaning of the Buddhist fixation in lack of grasping and on allowing smooth continuance through dwelling in the nature of the world as it is, this is why being qua being and suchness have so much fixation, what Anatta is, is recognizing that all nature including the self, the dharmas and so forth, all laws of this world, only exist when in a relationship to each other, being defined in contrast to each other, as either having existence or having not existence, cold and hot mutually form each other, existence and non-existence define each other, when the Buddhists say “mu” and when they say emptiness, they are not saying non-existence, no rather, they are saying they shall deny the relationships, they will not dwell in the relational world, they will not select being nor non being or any of the others for any type of existent, instead picking the option that is between them, which is not grasping at any option, and this allows all phenomena and experience to be at once be in all 8 categories and beyond all 8 categories, this is the nature of sunyata, dwelling in the infinitude of potential but manifest as the boundless multiplicity of all options/categories. Thus anatta and sunyata are both simply this above doctrine of non-grasping to any of the categories which allows all and none of them to occur at once.

So to return,
Y=Positive Thelema
H=negative Hamartia
V=negative Thelema
H=Positive Hamartia

Y=that which seeks to become itself by going out of itself to become for itself

H=the is-not, which kills itself upon the touch of the Y, the corpse of fecundity, the Will festers within the annihilation of will and transmutes it into

V=the Will-to-know-I-and-be-I which can only gain knowledge by

H=the Will-to-know-Other

Y=Positive Thelema=The Causal force of creation
H=negative Hamartia=the Unfolding in Matter through entropy
V=negative Thelema=the Unveiling of I
H=Positive Hamartia=The-Hunger-for-Other.

Y=Will like a flame
H=Will which dissolves like water
V=Will which slashes like a blade
H=Will which is like a world of content

Y=the creative deleuzian Thelema
H=the Death-drive mainlander Hamartia
V=the Egoist Hegelian Thelema
H=the Schopenhauerian Hamartia.

Now apologizes as I go mask off and explain the process of sin and the will of God in the most highest level I know of.

Cont
>>
>>19460870
we can then define the Will of God/thelema as the particular unfolding of the Will of the transcendental Ego, whereas all disobedience of the transcendental ego’s Will is an abiding in the void-nature of the universal sosein which pervades all of the mirror-like haecceities via their interpenetration and reflections. Fundamentally creating a universalized Will towards void and a particularized individual Will towards Becoming. This particularized will is the thelema, the opposite universal will is Hamartia or Sin.

Demonstration and expansion of the Nonduality and relational existence of thelema and Hamartia being an extension of the IAO formula

W=Divine Will F=Function of Violence/conflict/destruction x=Causality stream and individual Will

W=unbifurcated Divine Will as perfect Union of Hamartia and Thelema Nondual to the essential nature and thus all data/Sosein-in-itself

F=Divine self-presence-At-hand which produces the particular-universal divine characteristic division/clash/violence as analysis of Data and dividing of Data, Present at hand=Data analysis and extraction which is in truth the Sosein self reflecting as Haecceities which are producing their network-of-wills in relation to each other as a simplistic Meaning/lack of meaning relation. Which is truly simply the inherent static-unfolding of the original divine Will which is simply a mirror of the Unbreakable sosein’s meaning/lack of meaning creation process.

X=Divine Will and imperfection as a 1/0 process relation

W>F(V)>X

X=Divine will and imperfection

F=Conflict/clashing/violence

Y=Divine Will and imperfection become ready at hand towards their relations. Ready at hand=Data integration/use, producing contrast, grip, Force, The will in the void and the Void in the Will mutually pulling

X>F(V)>Y

Y=will and imperfection in their interrelations causing multiplication/division of Will/imperfection in accordance with data integration

F=parts of the Thelema divided seem to make ready at hand each other as does the Hamartia, forcible integration/extraction causes World as multiplicity of Will-conflict

Z=the Individual Partial Will and the individual partial imperfection as only existing in a relational context to the other Wills and imperfections

Y>F(V)>Z

Full formula

W>F(V)>X>F(V)>Y>F(V)>Z

Thus, this formula being understood demonstrates that meaning, all meaning at its core is the Perichoretic Love(interrelation and the mutual penetrating and unfolding nature) and all individual and universal wills, including of the void, and all characteristics are fundamentally Love, in this is revealed the Supreme Immanent-transcendental Nonduality and of how distance and separation is actually greater and supreme unity and supreme love.
>>
>>19460668
I’ll give it a go though being more aware than he (I assume) of the Jewish mystical strands his nothing doesn’t really impress me, I say this because Jewish mysticism has reconciliation of nothing, being and becoming as the fundamental meaning of AHYH(I am)

>>19460743
Due to the ambiguity of the question I’ll like this.

Hegel has works directly on theology so you can read those yourself, mainlander’s work is within the influences of Christian material through the general influence of these on western philosophy, Paul is of course Paul. Kek.

>>19460860
The cure to your fear is contemplation, meditation and dedicated study to whichever topics you desire.
>>
>>19460904
thank you Father Asemlen
>>
By the way sorry for how sloppy that last post is, gotta run! Written in a rush. Happy thanksgiving and all that.
>>
I'm really tired being so miserable with girls. My life works decently nowadays, except, as always, for my relationship with women. Every time and I mean, every time, I try to hit on a girl through chats, maybe a girl I already know, for an appointment or even something "easier" it doesn't never work. They all hate me meanwhile all my peers are constantly blissed by success. I don't know what to do, I'm not even ugly or that inept socially...I feel I'm becoming Pavese but without the God-tier literary qualities
>>
File: 1610062185134.jpg (40 KB, 543x565)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
I had another dream about my dad again last night. Every dream with him goes the same way. He does something awful to me. Usually he just threatens me, but for some reason this time he was trying to sell off all my childhood video games without asking me and I was furious. I ran over to him and the dream ended.

The weird thing is I don't feel anything when I think about my dad while awake. It's like my subconscious hates him but my normal waking self doesn't care at all.
>>
>>19460904
Thank you for effortposts bro
>>
>>19461777
new with trips
>>
>>19461045
I get these too. It's your unconscious mind trying to deal with how it sees someone you're supposed to trust and be vulnerable around. It's extremely significant to have someone make decisions about things you care about like your childhood toys, and to have no way to say stop or be consulted beforehand, and then have them not care afterwards and be equally impenetrable to your "don't you see how you hurt me?" queries. That is not what a parent is supposed to do to a child. Those are deep scars.

You don't notice it at a conscious level because consciously you know the threat is gone if you consciously create a life where your things and your dignity are protected, for instance by living away from family. But on an unconscious level you still have archetypes for how people can act, based on those experiences. An archetype that deeply wounded you is the person who should care but doesn't, not even when you beg them to care and try to show them how much you are hurt.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.