[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Buddha-Shakyamuni-3.jpg (123 KB, 1200x675)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
my friend thinks the world is divided between educated people and scum, is elitist in mind, and believes that the cultural superman is above average normie. can /lit/ relate to this?
>>
File: 120 cm.png (994 KB, 1162x984)
994 KB
994 KB PNG
>>19225396
Your friend sounds like a faggot with his head in the clouds. Remember the reason the Roman empire was so successful was not because they were philosophically gifted, rather it was because they focused on practical issues like how to build bridges and roads well.

Does your friend think having a bachelors degree from a modern university makes you educated?
>>
>>19225403
Is not about academic purpose rather his tastes and hobbies, he is 18 and he likes to listen to opera and polítics and humanities in general. Wich is quite common in people with autism
>>
Tell your friend to read Crime and Punishment. Hopefully that sets him straight.
>>
File: 1616284320222.png (60 KB, 300x279)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>19225512
>he likes to listen to opera and polítics and humanities in general. Wich is quite common in people with autism
>>
>>19225396
I have this weird complex where I have zero self esteem and feel utterly worthless, but at the same time I feel vastly more knowledgeable and intelligent than the vast majority of humanity because I see through all the lies and bullshit and vapid shallow pointless crap and understand the true nature of things and the world. I should mention I am also severely schizoid
>>
>>19225754
High IQ is a mental illness. You get used to it.
>>
>>19225396
The problem with your friend is he would not actually be considered cultured, just vain in the intellectual sense. Of course knowledge is valuable when it leads to wisdom, i.e. moral action. Knowledge for knowledge's sake is like money for money's sake - it's bullshit.

Also, blessed are the weak in spirit, for theirs is the kibgdom of heaven.
>>
>>19225762
Quite literally this. I like think of it as words are conscious actors on us and some of us are acting and others doing the enacting.
>>
>>19225396
I can. He's me.
>>
Your friend is basically correct but needs to read some satirical novels and listen to jazz so he can take himself and life less seriously.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.