[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1607770491712.jpg (82 KB, 1200x815)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>fell for the /lit/ meme
>go to college to study literature since I have no idea what to do with my life
my peers
>a faggot with painted nails who's favorite books are written by obscure a**los
>some retarded woke whore who has 2 kids and strongly recommends reading a book about the time when women ruled the world
>another braindead whore who read michelle's obama autobiography
>some roastie landwhale who can't keep her mouth shut
pls kill me
>>
>>19224827
>reading a book about the time when women ruled the world
no such time existed
>>
>>19224827
>a faggot with painted nails who's favorite books are written by obscure a**los
is he cute?
>>
Are philosophy classes better?
I did STEM so didn't have this issue.
>>
>>19224827
make ur own /lit/tier incel manifesto and go ER
>>
File deleted.
>>19224831
idgaf desu
it's a waste of time to praise one sex over the other since humanity is cuked
>>19224839
pic rel
I find him obnoxious, but that's debatable
>>19224847
I guess it's time to send some packages as uncle ted did
>>
File: 1631409163122.jpg (15 KB, 301x353)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>19224827
sad
Just dont do anything stupid and you will be fine.
>>
>>19224831
in ancient sumeria, there was a brief period
>>
>>19224867
posting pictures of others without permission is a very rude thing to do
>>
>>19224876
why can the FBI get away with putting my picture on the news?
>>
>>19224827
1. invest your last moneys in 1way to Europe/Paris
2. accept a dishwasher job or low rank job in a press where you have to dog eats dog literarily for survival
3. make acquaintances with heroin adicted whores in wee hours when your workshift ends or write poetry to one of your sugar madames for some moneys.
4. finally accept your hopelessness for never becoming anything and write some tropic of cancer or 2084 or something.
>>
>>19224876
it's not like anybody who knows him will browse this shithole
also, for most of the people here, it's just a picture with a feminine man that could as well be stolen from the internet
but what I said above it's just me rationalizing my retarded behaviour and doesn't change the fact that you're right and I was rude
>>
>>19224902
Tropic of cancer was actually alright desu
As far as cynical ramblings of a bitter slacker go, it was better than most similar novels that are held in high regard in here
>>
>>19224902
good advice desu
2 weeks ago I took some lsd and started wandering on the streets at night
somehow I met a homeless guy who was 17 and knew german
quite honestly my encounter with that guy was more meaningful than 2 weeks of college combined
>>
>>19224909
I don’t know how you weren’t too afraid of someone recognizing it. I constantly think I’ll run into someone I know somehow, or if the details are vague enough about some irl thing I’ll think it’s about me. Maybe I’m just a schizo.
>>
>>19224928
>I don’t know how you weren’t too afraid of someone recognizing it
I live in a shithole, people here only know about instagram and facebook
>if the details are vague enough about some irl thing I’ll think it’s about me
nobody knows who I am and I could be any of the guys from that class
>Maybe I'm just a shizo.
no, your reasons are legitimate
I'm also thinking about the same thing before posting anything rl related here
but this time the circumstances here allowed me to do this shit
>>
>>19224827
Why would you unironically care about literature. Go outside and make your own experiences rather than ready fantasies.
>>
>>19224827
How hard is it to just read books at home, OP? The greatest literature has always been a product of leisure, not meeting academic expectations. I say this as someone who eyed a degree in either lit or philosophy and opted for medicine.
>>
>>19224870
Provide proofs
>>
>>19225189
And no, I don’t have as much of that “leisure” time anymore, but what I gave up in leisure I was repaid in a sense of duty, of purpose, which is the second precondition for creating worthwhile art. (Though, will I ever write something worthwhile? Probably not.)
>>
>>19224921
>more meaningful than 2 weeks of college combined
Holy fuck it must have been insanely meaningful then!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>19224958
Reading fiction is part of your own experiences.
>>
>>19224827
>love samurai
>love cherry blossoms
>love mono no aware
>love Japanese tradition
>study Japanese history
>everyone is a cringe weeb who wears anime cosplay in class
>literal naruto headband autists and fat ugly girls with cat ears
I think the broader issue is that people who study humanities are largely retarded, me included. I should've learned a trade.
>>
>>19224827
This is why I'm going full tin foil and home schooling my kids, getting them a ged by 14, then a bs by 18 in tech. Then after their actual bs I will let them go to whatever college they want for a liberal arts degree without actually needing it at all just to be rounded with the ability to drop out at any time and get into industry.
>>
>>19225308
So learn welding, plumbing, hvac, electrical, or IT.
>>
>>19224867
somebody repost it
>>
>>19224827
Anon, only do /lit if you want to be a school teacher or academic. And only do that if you have a chance of working at a private school.

I encourage you to do a language as your second major if you are going to continue with irl /lit at university.

Your classmates won’t get any better. My best friend is at an Oxbridge Uni doing his Phd and he said the students at that level are all pathetic.

t. English teacher at an all boys school.
>>
>>19225327
>doing grade-skipping shit
Enjoy when your kid goes full schizo/Kaczynski mode. It happened to me and anyone I know that went through contracted schooling. Just have them doing harder work outside of class and make sure they develop well socially.
Grade-skipping/early-graduation is a middle class trap to give narcissistic parents bragging rights.
School K-12 is for (over)socialization, not education.
>>
>>19225392
No, I hate my government. May as well send kids to walmart indoctrination school and have them pledge allegiance to walmart. The socialization issue can be remedied via summer camps to learn sailing or other skills and k-6 3rd party sports organizations. Normal state school is an hugely inefficient waste of time.
>>
>>19224831
Right now by proxy?
>>
>>19225410
Private school then.
>>
>>19224827
>who’s favorite books
Wow, and you must very smart and well-read yourself. Why don’t you get one of these people you’re attacking to describe you? Illiterate fuck.
>>
>>19225577
I'm not a Christian so there are no good options for that. I'm buying a compound in Kansas and raising beef cattle, chickens, a greenhouse and learning welding, blacksmithing, woodworking, plumbing, electrical and doing remote IT work. My kids will be Ted Kaczynskis by design. Public schooling was horrific and is not better than home schooling. You either sacrifice your time and frustration for socialization or gain a better and faster education. I did offer a rumspringa after the degree mill tech degree of going to college for liberal arts on my dime. I would like my kids to be competent at cnc routing, solid works, welding, putting down and quarantining sick animals, and have experience hunting, fishing, camping, kayaking, especially daughters. Learning basic Hank Hill level skills is wildly neglected in public schools where they are really just training you to do as you are told and suck a bosses dick.
>>
>>19224827
Yeah you fucked yourself good anon. Is quiting and studying something else an option?
>>
>>19225665
>My kids will be Ted Kaczynskis by design.
Stopped reading; enjoy feigning surprise when your children don’t want a relationship with you as dysfunctional adults.
There are non-Christian private schools (Montessori for one).
>>
>>19225747
The society we live in is dysfunctional. Going to corporate statist indoctrination camp vs having grandma teach you doesn't change that. The best you can do is avoid cities and the bugmen that live in them and get into personal projects close to the land and focused on self improvement. There is no institution that is trustworthy.
>>
>>19224928
That’s because you are an effeminate and insecure faggot. If you were actually a man, people would not say shit to you if they discovered what you posted
>>
Where the fuck are you people going to school? My English classes could not have been filled with more normal people. By the time I reached junior year seminars the woke autists had bee completely elimitated.
>>
>>19224831
radical feminists sometimes claim this was once the case, in like prehistory
>>
>>19224827
Funny thing is that you imply you are better
You're not. You're where you belong, with the freaks and the losers. And if you had half a brain, you make a funny novel about it
But here you are
>>
>>19224921
Wow bro so you tell me you took freakin LSD... and wandered into the streets... and me a hobo who speaked German !!
What an experience, truly mindblowing
>>
>>19225880
It is easy to make prehistory into whatever you want it to be because there is no written record to contradict you.
>>
>>19225308
>I think the broader issue is that people who study humanities are largely retarded
It's this. Not only are the humanities way fucking easier than STEM, so they attract the dummies, but they attract all the people who don't know what they want but feel they are "supposed" to go to University. A BA has never felt so worthless
>>
>>19225308
Get the degree because entry into Japan is way easier with a degree. Doesn't matter what the degree is in, but Japanese history would be one of the few things they would be ecstatic about. Most other degrees they're like, yes, you understand boxticking exercises which take at minimum three years, you may live here.
>>
>go to university to study English language and literature
>nobody cared about literature
Then again, they graduated and I dropped out.
>>
>>19226361
And now you know university is a scam and is really just a test to see how much bullshit you can put up with so that corporations can vet you as a good goy. Now are you learning welding or hvac or what?
>>
>>19226361
Lol

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.