[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I have to write a literature dissertation for my final year of Uni. I have full creative choice; what should I write about?
>>
The hypocrisy and contradictions inherent in postmodern society. Maybe not the most practical but it's interesting and will make you feel like a chad for picking up on it
>>
>>19055454
The easiest thing to do is to just take a paper you've written before and expand on it.
>>
>>19055473
That's possible, but they might catch on and dock my grade. I'll have to ask if I can write on a text I've previously studied.

I do have a few ideas if you'd allow me to spitball.
>>
>>19055454
title: all women are whores
question: Ascension is achieved through surgery not through education?
>>
>>19055485
This is a bachelor's thesis, right? I don't know about burgerland, but where I'm from you have to tell what you're going to write about beforehand; I don't see why you couldn't just say to them "well, I've written this before and I'm going to expand on it in this and that way" (usually the very last part of any paper - at least that's what I've been taught - would be some kind of "these are the weaknesses of this paper and these are the ways in which further research can be based on this paper" section anyway), I don't see how that would be a problem at all. I was writing a paper for some scholarship and they even encouraged me to take that as basis for my thesis, so this seems to be what a lot of people are doing.
>>
Yes, this is for my bachelor degree (I'm an undergraduate). I'm not actually American (I'm British) so I'm not sure how that affects things.

That being said, here are a few topics I've thought up.

How is death explored within Stephen King's 'Pet Sematary"?

Stephen King's "Running man": How does the novel's premise satirize reality television?

Fahrenheit 451: The real-life comparisons between fictional and real censorship.

H.G Well's "The Time Machine" and how it created sci-fi tropes still followed today.

"Animal Farm": How the comparisons to reality simplify without pandering.

How "13 Reasons Why" gets suicide wrong and why it deserved the fallout.

"The Hobbit" and the creation of fantasy tropes.

"Strangers on a Train" and latent homosexuality.
>>
>>19055545
>literature dissertation
>exclusively genre fiction
>fucking Netflix
Holy shit I'm glad I did STEM
>>
>>19055572

I was taught Stephen King in class and I don't think 'Strangers on a Train' is genre?
>>
>>19055584
Don't know what strangers on a train is but anything with latent homosex can safely be avoided. You should feel embarrassed about getting a degree in this field.
>>
>>19055602
Why? It's part of the human experience.
>>
>>19055454
>I have to write a literature dissertation for my final year of Uni
>dissertation
Nope.
>>
>>19055545
Are you really just a freshman in high school? None of these books should be written about for a senior in college.
How about ontology, teleology, and identity in Saul Bellow's "Herzog"
>>
>>19055738
Never heard of that one. What's it about?
>>
>>19055454
hint hint. something to appease your lefty professors.
>>
>>19055749
It's about Herzog, you buffoon. Read it.
>>
>>19055793

Aight, I will.
>>
>>19055749
>senior literature student
>never heard of Herzog by Saul Bellow
Higher education has failed you
>>
>>19055822
It written by jew so he ain't missing much.
>>
>>19055454
write about the jewish question
>>
>>19055454
What theoretical framework are you most interested in?

>>19055545
Good bait lol
>>
>>19055545
Beautiful bait champ

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.