[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Books about the ways humanity can be driven to extinction, possibly realistic ones?
>>
It's inevitable. No need to take any action.
>>
>>18175800
Mein kampf has some theories
>>
>>18175813
Like?
>>
>>18175806
What if we find ways to conquer other planets?
>>
>>18175828
It doesn't matter. Once a species attains consciousness, the clock starts ticking. The inevitable conclusion is that death has hardly any downsides, but being alive has plenty.
>>
City at the End of Time
>>
>>18175892
You can't ignore my question saying it doesn't matter. I am asking you why you are so certain that the human species will go extinct
>>
File: swordsman karlin.jpg (180 KB, 556x741)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>18175800
https://www.unz.com/akarlin/existential-risks/

>Existential Risks
>There are only three real ones.

>1. Malevolent superintelligence.
>2. Aliens.
>3. The simulation ends.

>And various permutations thereof. (I suppose biological lifeforms losing consciousness during mind uploading is another one, but it can be considered a subset of the first one).
>>
>>18175800
Anti-Tech Revolution: Why and How
>>
File: heat death survival.jpg (1.68 MB, 1843x3969)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>18175806
>It's inevitable.
False
>>
>>18175828
That would require us to leave our solar system, and even then, the fact that we are adhering to diversity quotas and giving our top positions to niggers of inferior intellect and ability instead of investing our resources into our best and brightest people, the human race will never see what lies outside our solar system, much less penetrate the asteroid belt or send a man to Mars.
>>
>>18175926
because leaving is impossible
>>
>>18175800
X-Risk by Thomas Moynihan

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.