[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Do the young'uns these days still read these?
>>
No but they do read the cat autism books
>>
No, but they should.
>>
as a MILLENIAL, whatever 90's YA book you identified most was your adult fate

>harry potter: basedboys
>animorphs: doomers
>artemis fowl: pseudo intellectual
>eragon series: incel
>>
>Identify with Tobias because I was a loser
>Book taught me to expect a Rachel to come along
>>
>>17621663
I went back and reread the first book, a few months ago. I was surprised how well it held up. I was also surprised by its bleak, paranoid and sometimes macabre atmosphere.
>>
File: Redwall.jpg (30 KB, 255x390)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>17621690
What about Redwall?
>>
Can someone shop a gorilla morphing into a black kid?
>>
>>17621690
What about The Seventh Tower?
>>
>>17621663
Kino.
>>
>>17621690
what about a serious of unfortunate events
>>
>that last book where they just flush 100,000 alien young into the vacuum of space
man what a fucked thing to read as a kid
ending still sucked and i'm still mad
>>
>>17622831
Based and Redwallpilled
>>
>>17621690
>goosebumps: chad
>>
>>17621663
Is that horse turning into a negro or is the negro turning into a horse?
>>
>>17621663
Animorphs is like Teen Titans Beast Boy stuff
>>
>>17623173
you must read it to find out
>>
>>17621690
Wtf is a based boy?
>>
>>17623236
he who eateth of onions
>>
File: 197090.jpg (620 KB, 1453x2183)
620 KB
620 KB JPG
>>17621690
*AHEM* magic treehouse chad reporting in
>>17622847
schizo. those books probably fucked up my sense of logic and reasoning somewhat. fuck "childrens" authors who write nonsensical bullshit like that.
>>
>>17624246
I think all children's media must be designed to make us retarded.
>>
>>17624246
How is it schzio. It’s probably the most realistic take on adult relations (as an adolescent book) with orphaned children and their exploitation of said children.
>>
>>17624265
I haven't gone back to look through the series in over a decade, so my memory is a bit fuzzy. I just recall feeling like absolute shit after finishing each book from how grim and helpless everything felt. As a child, you look to adults for help with anything, whether that be a teacher or a parent. The adults in the books were quite literally retarded, other than the absolute supervillain of an antagonist. 13 damn books of the kids presenting totally valid evidence and begging for help from everyone around them to no avail, even after proving themselves right time and time again to multiple witnesses. The whole thing is a ironic comedic take on real life as you mentioned, but it fucked me up as a kid from how backwards and nonsensical it seemed.
>>
>>17624307
I really like that one book where the sister or mother are taken over by the parasite and she patiently waited... then one day using her control over her left eye she crashed her car. Dying but in the process freeing herself from the thing that had taken over her body .
>>
>>17621663
I remember reading one of those as a kid. It was about a race of peaceful alien giants, with blades growing from their forearms. They lived on colossal trees and used their blades to remove the bark, which they ate. The planet was invaded by a parasitic and aggressive race who infected some of them, and they had to learn how to fight for the first time in their existence by killing their own. I wish I remembered the name, it really didn't read like a YA novel either.
>>
File: Pepe gun.jpg (18 KB, 469x452)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>animorphs aren't naked when they turn back into humans
Fucking dropped, even as a kid that made no sense to me.
>>
Chads?
>>
>>17621663
These books turned me into a furry, they need to be banned.
>>
>>17622763
That was the point. The series ends with a giant war that kills some of them and then everyone getting PTSD after
>>
>>17621726
So your gf turned into a bloodthirsty person and got themselves killed?
>>
>>17622850
There are no good ends to war
>>
>>17621668
I loved them as a child
>>
>>17624446
Hork-Bajir Chronicles
>>
File: into-the-wild-cover.jpg (12 KB, 170x255)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>17621668
>>17626580
you guys referring to this furry shit?
>>
>>17621690
Kinda accurate
>>
>>17624446
Hork Bajir Chronicles. I used to have like 60% of the Animorphs books and this is literally the only one I kept. It's kino.
>>
>>17622831
Im collecting these to read to my kids when they get older
>>
File: 91eU9uepT1L.jpg (600 KB, 1809x2424)
600 KB
600 KB JPG
>>17624246
I wanted to say Magic Tree House, but I don't know if it counts straight up more as children's literature rather than YA, which is what OP asked for.
That said, it's basically the only book series that I really got into as a child. Only one I really remember anyway.
I mean I read Animorphs and Harry Potter and shit but honestly I didn't particularly love them. In the case of animorphs for example, I liked the concept, but I didn't care for any of the characters that weren't Tobias, the style of writing felt just weird to 90% of the time, and I also didn't have the opportunity to read them often enough that there weren't huge gaps in my knowledge of the story when I did get to read it.

Back to the Magic Tree House though, the author also wrote this, and I really loved it as well.
>>
>>17621690
What does it mean if I'm a zoomer that loved Percy Jackson?
>inb4 gay
>>
>>17627839
you’re cool
>>
>>17627841
Thanks anon :) you're pretty cute yourself

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.