[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: alberta.png (631 KB, 1300x1110)
631 KB
631 KB PNG
why is is so hard to get hrt in this shithole place
everyone I've talked to thus far has told me that waiting lists can take years and shit
granted, I've still not talked with every trans person I know from here, and shit, maybe I'll find some hope, but it just keeps getting more discouraging and sad the more I'm told how hard it is
>>
It's fucking Alberta, you live in the middle of nowhere, what did you expect?
>>
>>31148753
isn't it easy mode in Canada
>>
>>31148753
diy is really easy in canada thankfully. canada customs is kinda notorious for being shit and letting all sorts of drugs through, estrogen is on the bottom of their list.
>>
>>31148753
It's because neoliberalism that's why
the only real healthcare in this country is private, if you want any help at all you have to go that route. for people like me who are immingrants and don't have generational wealth/family doctors there are no alternatives
>>31148796
It's the same in Montreal
>>31148808
No.
>>
>>31148796
I live in edmonton
>>
>>31148808
no we cant even get insurance ffs here
>>
>>31148753
>if you want any help at all you have to go that route
care to provide any insight?
I honestly don't know much about navigating the healthcare system since I've never had to deal with it myself directly yet
>>
>>31148845
any idea where to get started with that?
never really considered diy
>>
>>31148753
diy then, don't be a pussy, take care of your life, especially if no one else will be willing to help you
>>
>>31148753
>>31148930
Here ya go these guys should be able to help you even if you’re under 18
https://www.thealex.ca/
>>
>>31148852
MWAHnon you’re an immigrant in Canada?
>>
>>31149199
this is for calgary though
>>
>>31149175
see here.
>>31124319
and hrt dot coffee has a decent list of different suppliers.
>>
>>31149263
Shit I thought it was all Alberta do you have a remote job or live on your own? Maybe it’s time to move Calgary has a great China town and a great scenery
>>
>>31148753
Same problem in New Brunswick, took years for my gf to get off the wait list, only for her endo to retire a few months later. Thankfully she had already been doing DIY and continues to do so.
>>
>>31149249
my parents are I'm first gen but even then we don't have the same access as other Canadians do
>>
>>31149313
sadly neither, though I plan to move out by the end of the year
I'd consider moving but desu if I were to move to another city it would not be in alberta
>>
>>31149340
yea you do. having more money doesnt make you more likely to get a gp. people arent bribing to get healthcare.
>>
>>31148753
Waiting lists for HRT are abysmal in every single province, here in QC I had to wait for over two years to get an appointment, I just DIYed in the meantime
>>
>>31148753
yeah i have a friend up in edmonton and it took a year to get on hrt, and her doctor had her stuck on 4mg for almost 2 years. she literally only just now got on 6mg.
i hear diy is hard too because of strict import laws or something.
>>
>>31149344
Cost of living sucks in every big Canadian city but at least Alberta has the lower taxes I like it here
>>
>>31149389
not in bc
>>
>>31149392
ive never heard of anybody having trouble getting estrogen in the mail in canada
>>
>>31149534
true
I have a friend from there who said they spent like 2 hours in an appointment and walked out with a prescription
>>
>>31149352
it's not the money, it's the generational privilege of having family doctors, something that is only available after years of waiting for people who don't.
>>
>>31149551
wait
what options do I have for hrt stuff if I have a gp?
>>
>>31149289
Not that anon but:
>see here.
>most ships to "some countries"
>the rest are expensive as fuck
Anything else?
>hrt dot coffee
Seems suspicious to me; Why are they using the old hrt cafe theme?
>>
>>31149579
I don't know I don't have one yet but I got the gov't to pay for private doctors otherwise (as all the people I know said) I'd be waiting years for treatment
>>
>>31149622
fair, I was kinda just asking the thread that moreso than just you
>>
>>31149600
>Why are they using the old hrt cafe theme
because hrt cafe shut down. this is a clone.
>the rest are expensive as fuck
diy prices have shot up a lot over the past year thanks to russia putting lena out of business. honestly if you have a full time job its pennies, with cypro(buy 50mg pills and quarter them) and low dose injections(get e2 enanthate or cypionate and take 2mg per week, low estradiol levels are actually important for breast growth in your first 1-2 years of hrt) you will be paying like $50 a month. even if youre a minor, getting that money is easy.
>most ships to "some countries"
all these stores, other than the ones that say they only ship to a specific country/eu, will ship to canada.
>>
based alberta
>>
>>31149579
you ask them for a referal to an endo. its no better than going to your nearest sex clinic and asking them.
>>
alberta has informed consent, literally any doctor can prescribe it
if you're in school, the doctors in the campus health center will probably give it to you very easily. Otherwise, any gp can prescribe, you don't need an endo
alternatively, most diy websites don't ship to canada, but otokonoko and a couple others still do.
>>
>>31149771
wait is it that simple?
like do I even need tell them why. idk why but I'm weirdly scared about outing myself and shit

I mean I guess I can do that, as long as my anxiety doesn't fuck me over too hard, but given what you said I can't imagine it getting me that far, worth a shot before I try diying I suppose
>>
>>31149802
>literally any doctor can prescribe it
wait, how do I ask them about this

idk my autistic anxiety brain doesn't really know what to say or how to talk to medical people
>>
>>31149824
for me I said "I'm transgender and I want to get on hrt"
>>
>>31149761
>this is a clone
How do I know it's legit?
>cypro
Those are even more expensive
>and low dose injections
Which are nowhere to be seen on the hrtgen sites.
>you will be paying like $50 a month.
I couldn't find estradiol prices like that on any of the sites & even then that's still 68 CAD for a month (more reasonable but no where to be seen).
>all these stores, other than the ones that say they only ship to a specific country/eu, will ship to canada.
Last I checked they didn't.
>>
>>31149853
is it really that simple?

man, I'm stupid then
>>
>>31149920
I don't live in alberta, but I'm pretty sure that would be good enough
>>
>>31149920
yes, though they might refuse to prescribe hrt especially if you live in a less progressive area
>>
>>31148753
uh bruh i live in calgary and got on hormones in a few months with jablonski, the only gay af thing is getting injections idk how i'm gonna do that
>>
>>31149948
how.
>>
>>31148753
socialized medicine lol
in the USA, we have informed consent fueled by capitalism
>>
>>31149958
family doc referred me, idk ppl were saying it's hard without family doc i only read that after
>>
>>31149542
apparently a lot of diy sites don't ship there? ik that otokonoko ships but idk about anyone else
>>
>>31149863
i cant spoonfeed you this. go to school and learn basic arithmetic and take some "world wide web" courses at your library
>>
>>31148753
you're in fucking alberta, what'd you expect. you're one stop next to hick central.
>>31148845
no they're not, they're actually kind of a bitch. they seized my enanthate from lilian not too long ago, and now i need to get it reshipped to washington to get it. they mightve tightened security lately or something
>>
>>31149579
if they know you and like you a GP family doctor can literally prescribe you valerate, you dont even need an endo. if they're a coward and a massive pussy theyll send you to an endo
>>
>>31149996
fair

so far with this thread I've just concluded that I should just go talk to whatever doctor I used to see, but I think that'd require talking to my mom and shit which, ehhhhh

or try making an appointment to ask with the clinic I used to go to for shit since its right by my house
>>
>>31150128
do they just give you a prescription or whatever and you go pick it up, isn't there like blood tests or some shit I need to do
also what is valerate
>>
>>31150269
yes they'll set up blood tests
you can probably see the results online
>>
>>31150269
>what is valerate
ok so you know very little. here's the rundown. valerate is the most common form of injectable estrogen, and the only one available thru the medical system. you inject it subcutaneously, every 5-7 days.
>do they just give you a prescription and you go pick it up.
yes the doc sends the script to a compounding pharmacy (compounding being the important part), and you go pick it up there.
>isnt there blood tests
you get those while youre ON estrogen, to check your testoterone and estrogen levels. to make sure your T is suppressed and your E are in normal female ranges (around at least 200pg/mL is good). if you're starting E they'll give you a lower dose to start but by 4-6 months you want your levels to be around 200-250pg/mL at trough (trough is the LOWEST your E levels will be, right before your next injection. that's when you get a blood test - to see the LOWEST your levels are)

https://transfemscience.org/misc/injectable-e2-simulator/

^^^ use this site to help roughly eyeball how much to inject how often, and what ur average levels would be on that dose. picrel is average monotherapy dose (as in, not taking a T blocker like spiro or cypro and having the E levels suppress all ur T). doses can be variable if you're taking a T blocker.

this is all basic HRTgen shit. how new are you?
check HRTgen for more resources and info
>>
File: 1684811324541695.jpg (91 KB, 1024x749)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>31148753
.>tfw am american and have access to planned parenthood and live in a state that isn't trying to kill all tranners
Feels good man. Why did you choose to be born in Canada?
>>
>>31148753
hey I just got back from there
>>
>>31150354
nice
how was it
and which city did you go to
>>
>>31150345
>live in a state that isn't trying to kill all tranners
What a shithole
>>
>>31148753
Alberta is the most dogshit province in the whole country and, absolutely infested with horrible conservatives who wanna be American
>>
>>31148753
is alta lgbtq friendly compared to, say, Ontario?
>>
>>31150652
Fuck no it’s much more homophobic outside of everywhere but Calgary and Edmonton, mind you even those have a large contingent of conservatives
>>
>>31150646
>Wealthy state with an oil-based economy, and with a zero rat tolerance policy
Sounds like a paradise to me.
>>
>>31148808
haha
No
>>
>>31150652
no but rural ontario can be just as bad. in kingston, ON i was semi-regularly getting jumped and beat up by townies
>>
>>31150677
You think an oil based economy is a good thing? Buddy the whole province gets fucked up whenever the price of a barrel falls, which is quite often. Plus we’re gonna move away from oil power as a society and species, hopefully to nuclear and then fusion power, but definitely not oil.

The rat free stuff is pretty cool though, but that’s the only thing the province has going for it
>>
>>31150709
>You think an oil based economy is a good thing?
Yes, because a domestic fuel source is cheaper and avoids having to make deals and rub shoulders with with dickhead foreigners with a dogshit human rights record.
>Plus we’re gonna move away from oil power as a society
Unlikely given how inadequate anything bar nuclear energy is compared to burning coal, fuel and gas. It's too costly and fucks with the environment in a different sort of way. There's a handful of countries who can use their natural resources to sustain themselves, but oil and gasoline is king when it comes to producing energy, only rivaled by uranium.
>>
>>31150344
>how new are you?
when it comes to actual hrt and shit, quite new honestly, but I've known I'm trans for a while and have been out to some people for like a year now

anyway thanks for all the info, I'll see where I can go from here I guess
>>
>>31150747
is the UCP paying tranners to defend oil on here now
>>
>>31149948
I live 3 hours away from Calgary no doctors would prescribe HRT to me so I got a referral with Jablonski. Just ask for injections next time you have an appointment, I just said they work better for me because I prefer weekly doses rather than daily ones.
>>
>>31151123
Danielle Smith’s dark oil acolytes are everywhere
>>
>>31148753
I remember when the albertan gov't was shitting on bc because of the pipeline dispute, like by trying to ban BC wine. I fucking hate you albertans. Your frozen shithole is so backwards that even the rats won't live there. Because you lot are fucking trash, you want to act like some sort of discount montanans, and like to ape the americans culturally. But you will never be americans, because even they wouldn't allow you to join.

I wish I could live in a house above the alberta/bc border over a highway with an extensive CCTV system so I could see cars coming from alberta and spit on them as they go past.
>>
>>31150646
>Alberta is the most dogshit province in the whole country

Oh, so you buy into the quebec seperatist arguments? Fuck you, deconstructionist.
>>
>>31150747
there is no way you think declining salmon and bat populations is at all comparable to literally killing all life on earth
>>
>>31151754
quebec is a great province wtf. they have some of the best legal protections for consumers and workers and the cost of living is one of the lowest in the country.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.