[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 3gnqzq.png (185 KB, 600x600)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
With the current events that took place on Colorado I've been currently down a spiral of anti-social and self-destructive behavior. I haven't spoken to a lot of people lately and I don't want to anymore, please restore my faith in humanity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L58XnnqDj8
This video is widely supported by anti-lgbt rhethoric in the comments, it's what's sending me here today. What's wrong with humanity?
>>
File: 66.jpg (133 KB, 1200x796)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>28488353
bad people exist, and there are a million different types of them. sabotaging yourself is just dooming a good person to a death by a million cuts. it is the duty of every human being with empathy and a soul to carry the torch and do good to others
>>
>>28488353
>What's wrong with humanity?
Most people just don’t really like the whole lgbt thing, ESPECIALLY the “T”. It’s is what it is. You can’t change what’s in people’s hearts. The lgbt thing is having its moment in the sun right now, but it won’t last. The trans rights movement will lose and the community will be forced back underground.

But is that really so awful? The community has survived since the dawn of humanity as a marginalized subset of culture. And so it will continue as such. The lgbt community is tough and resilient, so I have no doubt that it will find ways to thrive and survive during tougher times. But I recommend that everyone make the most out of this moment of cultural popularity while we’re living in it, because it’s almost over.
>>
>>28488369
Oh god, thanks
>>
>>28488417
on what planet does the GOP magically make a comeback and start winning elections again? there is a diminishing supply of hillbilly racists every year, and the remaining few are content to make themselves look like demons by supporting mass shooters now
>>
>>28488430
You’re free to believe that, of course. But I’d suggest that you might be setting yourself up for a crushing disappointment.
>>
>>28488448
i'll be raising a glass to you in 2 years, statistically illiterate pseud
>>
>>28488468
>2 years
You mean the next US presidential election? One election in one country will be the final and eternal victory for the LGBT community around the world? If you say so.
>>
>>28488430
I'm a gay guy who grew up in California and if I vote in any election every again (I won't) it will probably be for a Republican .

Dems will eventually become anti trans (again) too btw. We don't live in a reald emoraxy it's all a farce. It's to sets of oligarchs that cooperate and use culture war to distract us and make us feel like we have some sense of agency in our democracy .
>>
>>28488495
damn you are really high on RT propaganda
>>
>>28488430
>>28488468
>>28488518
How can the lgbt community be this arrogant about their position? You just started getting rights in some places. There is still a ton of highly popular anti-lgbt rhetoric out there. You guys are approaching unsustainable levels of hubris. All that has been given can be taken away just as quickly.
>>
>>28488557
Not hubris, but insecurity. Nobody know when will you lose the right to vote.
We're walking on eggshells.
>>
>>28488353
because people don't put any effort to be any of these things, and if they do it's conditional and only to people they like
>>
>>28488448
Again, what are you talking about? It has never been this good and it is still getting better. Why do you think their tantrums are indicative of decades of social progress being wiped away? Why are you such a doomer?
>>
>>28488484
Who is talking about the final ultimate victory or loss? Only someone with retarded black and white overdramatic thinking like yours would think one election or one law is ultimate anything
>>
>>28488353
I personally don’t care because this “community” doesn’t give a fuck about its own people when they are experiencing the worst troubles in their lives I just can’t give a fuck
>>
>>28488766
>this “community” doesn’t give a fuck about its own people when they are experiencing the worst troubles
i got thousands in donations for merely suggesting i was financially unsound on twitter, this community is tighter than israel
>>
>>28488688
I’m a doomer just because it’s my honest opinion of what’s going to happen. I think the silent majority generally dislikes the lgbt community, with an emphasis on transgenders. It is true that things are going well right now. That in no way guarantees the trend will continue.
>>28488706
That one anon was specifically referencing the upcoming election. My point was that one election in one country matters very little in the big picture. We are agreeing, I think.
>>
>>28488775
Holy shit I just got a sweet idea for a scam.
>>
>>28488814
>I think the silent majority generally dislikes the lgbt community
the bankers like you, and they're all that matters in the grand scheme of history. the largest hedge fund on earth (blackrock capital) has the corporate world by the balls and they're pro-gay. look up ESG investing
>>
>>28488823
you won't have much success with a brand new burner account that was created 2 days before you start e-begging chudbro
>>
>>28488832
>ESG investing
Their values are all arbitrary and can change at a moment’s notice. The bankers like the lgbt community right now. I hope you’re not suggesting that can never be changed.
>>
>>28488859
the will of international finance has dictated the rule of law for the last 200 years and they have moved in a continually progressive direction
>>
>>28488840
I’m no dummy. I’ll play the long con.
>>
>>28488353
gop sinking giga bucks into fag and tranny hate instead of hating on rich white men, simple as.
>>
>>28488775
Not my experience these people can go fuck themselves and I at this point I just hope more shit like this keeps happening you all will get what you deserve
>>
>>28488823
You are not the first
>>28488814
Honestly, I do not think so. Obviously it depends on the place but overall trend is towards the positive which will obviously experience pushback just like anything which shakes up the established social rules
>guatantees
Well, no, but overhelming trend is social progress progressing in western countries and getting worse in places where it already is bad like Russia. Overall black people won, women won and gays kept winning with each country which made homosexuality legal and are winning even now
The reason why trans people are being so focused on right now is because they are entirely separate issue from LGB
>>
>>28488887
Ok, sad nobody
Meanwhile I will continue working in my local LGBT community and live my best life :)
>>
>>28488869
I understand. I think it will not last. You can’t just “progress” infinitely. And I’m not convinced they actually believe in their own professed values. They would turn on the lgbt community for a nickel.
>>
>>28488902
>The reason why trans people are being so focused on right now is because they are entirely separate issue from LGB
The final winning move for the LGB will be to dismember the T appendage.
>>
>>28488832
I wonder what his heritage is...
>>
>>28488923
>yeah building might be earthquake-proof and made out of concrete, but what if godzilla attacks
>>
>>28488949
and your heritage is penniless hicks. simmer with rage and dont forget to vote republican :)
>>
>>28488923
>I think it will not last.
Because you *feel* that way, huh?
Lmao don't you understand they simply want a world where as many people as possible are part of the economy? They benefit from women rights, black rights, tranny rights and gay rights and will continue to support them. It's not about progress itself its sbout the end state of every group playing the game
>>
>>28488957
Instantly angry and defensive haha
>>
>>28488353
You're losing faith in a falsely idealized humanity and will likely take away the wrong lesson from it.
>>
>>28488430
Everyone said this in the Obama years, then we took a huge step backward.
Time isn’t a steady march towards progress, anything can happen
>>
>>28488353
I just assume most of what I read online is elaborate troll posting desu.
>>
>>28488688
This good? When several states are trying to detrans youth? Ani lgbt legislation is being passed constantly. Roe v Wade was repealed?
This is just the stuff off the top of my head. What delusional world do you live in?
>>
>>28488961
> Because you *feel* that way, huh?
Yeah pretty much. I could be wrong, of course. But I want to challenge the idea that progress in lgbt rights is somehow unstoppable or irreversible. Nobody ever thinks the gravy train is going to end. And then it does. This is a theme throughout history.
> as many people as possible are part of the economy
LGBT people are still a part of the economy even if their identities aren’t affirmed by the culture. The bankers don’t need people to transition. You still gotta get a job.
>>
>>28488977
>Everyone said this in the Obama years, then we took a huge step backward.
accessing trans healthcare has gotten continually easier since 2008 and trumps presidency did nothing to curtail that. the worst things have been gender care bans for minors that have happened have been on the state level in GOP strongholds in bumfuck nowhere
>>
>>28488919
Community of psychopaths
>>
>>28488353
Don't let the terrorist fucks make you feel shitty or unsafe. That's what they want. Fuck em. Sending you the biggest love. Hope you feel better today. One day you'll look back on this period of time where a bunch of nerds and rednecks genuinely wanted you dead for being the way you are from a future where you're liberated and you're accepted and loved by your community.
>>
>>28488961
Bruh we're in for a neo-fuedal economy within the near future. Gays will be forced back into the closet simply to produce breeding stock for internecine boarder wars and localized reindustialization.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
>>28489930
If we're lucky they'll tolerate homosexuality as long as you've got a hetero spouse and children, like most pre-industrial societies but that's entirety up to culture which is shaping up to be Christo/Islamo-Fascist depending on hemisphere.
>>
God, so many cucked republicans
>>
>>28489930
That’s kind of how I see it. Transgenderism in particular is a hobby for the unbelievably privileged and comfortable (in the grand scheme of human history). If (when) there is an economic or societal collapse, the whole trans thing will fall back underground in an instant.
>>
>>28489966
What drugs are you on? and can I have some?
>>
>>28489004
Yes, this good. Mexico legalized gay marriage, trans rights in Argentina are flourishing. Why do you think their dying throes matter?
>>
>>28489012
>LGBT
Not the point, market is bigger if they can target LGBT demographic specifically. Simply put fags are better for economy as open fags not repressors
>>
>>28489930
I trust my globalist jew allies to keep the world spinning
>>
>>28489976
It's Materialism bro
>>
>>28490091
depends on the economy, if you want child workers to recycle electronics by hand you're also going to want to be homophobic

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.