[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tEaRD7SCzG-4.png (25 KB, 300x250)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>get introduced to friend group
>get really close to them, they seem to like me
>months after meeting them
>"i just dont like trans people that advocate for puberty blockers"
>"all trans people fetishize being the opposite sex in one way or another"
>"srs shouldn't exist because it's literally butchering"
>"being trans is a severe mental illness and the medical industry is taking advantage of them"
>"all trannies act like stereotypes"
>"i just feel sorry for the victims of gender ideology"
it's so tiring. they just break out into these conversations like every two days and they last forever. they don't know i'm a tranny and i'd rather not have my medical history be public knowledge so i just kinda purse my lips and laugh occasionally.
it's not like these are the MAGA hat types either. they're normal people and most of them aren't even conservatives.
every cis person seems to be on the same side of the spectrum when it comes to this, either obnoxiously affirming for sex or brownie points but disgusted by your existence under the surface or just outright hateful and
it's not like interacting with trans people is any better.

genuine question, how do you learn to live with as little social contact as possible? i've been trying for the past few years but it's so damn lonely.
>>
you can cope with loneliness through animal companions. or you can surround yourself with people who aren't mongoloids, but that ones harder
>>
>>28487716
i think animals are very interesting but im really not good with them
>>
>>28487684

This is the kind of shit you should threaten to out them for.

Do you know where they work, that kind of thing? University?
>>
>>28487684
(if this isn't a leap) just tell them dumbass they won't magically change their views on their own. if every passing tranny keeps it a secret, then the publics idea of trannies will always be annoying non passing hons
>>
>>28487827
no i dont know where they go to school or work and im not going to out them because that would only reinforce their ideas of trans people and it also will probably do nothing. they'll just get new jobs and i doubt they'd get kicked out of whatever schools they may be going to.
what they say is shitty but im not going to doxx them for it because it solves nothing, makes things worse and also makes me feel scummy.
>>
>>28487684
Nothing about that is hateful
Until you realize that you will never be able to have true cis friends
I can call u hateful by the same way.
>>
But it is mental illness, we don’t perform stomach stapling on bulimics. And instantly thinking of how to ruin people’s livelihoods or threaten them because they don’t agree with you just proves that even further. Get a therapist.
>>
>>28487827
>most respectful and honest troon in the world
Fucking kek
Yeah man threatening to expose peoples opinions and threaten their livelihoods and academic works is really gonna make them warm up to you and cause no resentment at all lol
I mean I know it’s pointless to give cherries to pigs and advice to fools but are all troons this cartoonishly evil? “They have strong opinions on a group im a part of so I should threaten them” I mean not like you fuckers will listen and I mostly come here to laugh at you troons anyways
>>
>>28487863
they would either stop talking to me gradually, snickering about me while im not present all the while or they'd hold me to ridiculous standard and if i do or say anything remotely "weird" like i do now they'd be grossed out. they know "good trannies" exist, they even mention them sometimes but that doesnt change their views. im probably just gonna isolate and let them forget me eventually.
>>
>>28487684
>how do you learn to live with as little social contact as possible?
You can't.
>i've been trying for the past few years but it's so damn lonely
Precisely for this reason. Humans are very social creatures and need human interactions on a normal constant level to function correctly. It doesn't like you struggle finding friends but just ones who aren't either "yes queen/king" or "lowkey hateful people"
>>28487827
Why threaten these people anon?
>I can call u hateful by the same way.
>>
>>28487903
i think saying that people shouldn't get treated for their illness and making all manner of awful presumptions based on an outspoken few is kind of hateful.
>>28487916
no one denies gender dysphoria is mental disorder/illness or whatever. unfortunately we dont have a magic treatment that'll make it go away.
>inb4 antipsychotics
that was one person who was also legitimately schizophrenic.
>>28487926
>are all troons this cartoonishly evil
i am trans and i literally posted >>28487867
why do you hate just to hate? do you actually see the world as a collection of good and bad monoliths that all believe the exact same things?
>>
>>28487947
>It doesn't like you struggle finding friends but just ones who aren't either "yes queen/king" or "lowkey hateful people"
sorry, not understanding
>>
>>28488095
What I'm trying to say based of your post and recent example is that you don't seem to struggle to find friends (Which is good cause being lonely is hell and a black hole of feeling meh). The problem is that you're finding people who trying to 100% affirm your experience or people (like your recent example), who, hold harmful views about trans people that if they knew you were trans would cut you off or treat you less then
>>
>>28487999
Hi I’m >>28487926 and in fact: no I am aware that each individual has their own nuances and there’s a presence of both good and bad individuals in every group and in every ideology as no one would truly believe in something they themselves believe to be wrong…with that being said there’s groups that believe in things that I find to be good,correct and beneficial to society, such as groups I am part of or interact with constantly examples include: people who are into Guns as a hobby and lifestyle, gym bros and martial artists that are into gym culture, craftsman and tradesman of all sorts with a special mention to blacksmithers and knifesmithers, farmers and their community, Christian’s and people who like history…these groups each have something about them that make them good and denotes associated values of discipline, honesty, hard work and responsibility to them which is why these groups often overlap…that isn’t to say that everyone that’s part of those groups is an exemplary individual(in my gym even tho most people are good and well intentioned…there are a few satanists for example which I know to be substance abusers and very scummy individuals), but more often then not if someone is a bad person in those groups that comes from deviating from the central values associated with those groups: physical fitness requires commitment,discipline and responsibility but it can also lead to vanity which prompts obsession and in turn leads to substance abuse, to craft something demands commitment and perfectionism but it can be taxing on one’s time to a point where some people purposely make bad crafts whatever their area may be in order to sell an inferior product at a higher price then what it is worth…greed and deceit, to enjoy guns generally means one values propriety,honor and life and is therefore responsible in the use of firearms…but constant use of these guns may lead to arrogance and then accidents due to carelessness
/cont
>>
>>28487684
Why the fuck do they discuss trans so much? That's some serious fucked up tttt level shit to be discussing tranny shit every other day.
>>
>>28488126
i am pretty bad at making friends and communicating which is probably why i end up around not so great people.
>>28488249
it is kinda ridiculous.
>>
>>28488189
/cont
So for those groups given as an example the bad individuals within them are the ones who deviate from the norm…but what about groups I believe to be “evil” or harmful to society and man? We’ll communists for example are historically evil to an almost cartoonishly degree…their state machine demands the sacrifice of millions to operate until it’s unavoidable collapse and when it collapses it leaves scars that have not yet healed even to this day…satanists and demon worshipers are also another group that seems to be evil as they demand the sacrifice of living things for their rituals mind you should you believe in the supernatural or not the animal or person that is sacrificed dies anyways and historically society’s which lived with demon worship as a religion like the Carthaginians were notoriously cruel to both foreign peoples and even their own citizens, what to say of for example the lgbt comunity? For better or worse it cannot be denied that this group promoted permanent changes to society lots of which have proven themselves to be catastrophic in the grand scheme of things from AIDS becoming an issue to many cases of abuse and the notorious association of this communities to left winged movements which often prove themselves to be against the interests of a healthy society…are there not good people in these groups then? Off course there are good people in these groups but the good people in these groups more often then not deviate from the norm of ideals Often associated with these said groups: most “good communists” were men like Marshal Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov who proved to actually give a shit about the people of the Soviet Union even if in a fucked up way, there have been historically people who would be considered members of LGBT who were not hedonistic imbeciles and whose sexuality was not their only personality trait as it is often claimed of the lgbt community for better or worse
/cont
>>
>>28488189
holy shit this image is so fucking stupid oh my god its hilarious someone actually made this earnestly
>>
>>28487684
literally i don’t get this problem, idk if it’s super dependent on where you live or if it’s the circumstance where i met people. but i’m a manmoder and am always pleasantly surprised to hear the opinions of my friends and people i get along with about trans people.
>>
>>28488266
>bad at making friends and communicating
Same, though I live in a pretty liberal state (NY) so there's no real problem for me (albeit I'm just a cis bi guy). Though it's less about homophobia or smth and more about my problems or issues. You seem like a decent though, I'd give my discord but not really sure how many people on fucking /tttt/ would want to befriend others from this place.

Though, I'm curious if there's an weekly "friend finder" shit threads like the ones you see on /soc/
>>
>>28488343
NTA, but do you remain friends with people who happen to hold negative opinions about trans people? or trans shit in general?
>>
>>28488189
>>28488284
/cont
>>28487999
So once again I say that with all these examples off the way and apologizing for the previous walls of text: groups I consider “good” have good values in themselves and people who are bad in those groups tend to deviate from those values while in other groups I consider to be “bad” for instance the good people are the exception to the core ideas of the group.
We don’t hate your group just to hate your friends and people of your association, hatred never comes without some manner of reasoning behind it and the core of every hatred is off course a wish to protect something one loves from a perceived threat, to put it simply: people like me value certain values and certain ideals holding therefore certain philosophical and religious beliefs on how the world is and how it should be, people from groups that oppose this world view more often then not wish to destroy everything I and others like me hold dear: things like the traditional family unit, the Christian faith and it’s dogma,traditional gender roles, traditional architecture, physical fitness and fighting culture and the list goes on, we aren’t stupid: we are aware that it is impossible for your whole group and all it’s individuals to be quote on quote “evil” but it comes to a point where people have no choice but to pick between protecting their in-group and their ideals or risk having it destroyed by ideals and groups that appare seek to destroy it.
We don’t actually hate your people and community, the ideals of your group just tend to clash with the ideals of mine and they seem to be walking to be clashing violently and when pushed to pick…people will pick the side they identify with.
>>
>>28488302
Ik it’s actually part of a wider narrative of memes, idk who made it but it is pretty funny and autistic, I am just posting memes at random tho since I think that as I am writing walls of text I should at least give people some memes as a return.
>>
>>28488365
kinda depends on how far their opinion is gone. if i feel like they have some negative bias against trans people i’d stick around to some point and try to reason with them but if it’s straight up hateful i’d stop hanging out with them.
in op’s case for example i’d simply leave the group, it seems like self harm to be around these people to me lol. but i understand that a lot of people are struggling hard to make friends, so i’m probably very lucky to even have the option to say this
>>
>>28488366
>>28488284
>>28488189
thanks for taking the time out of your day to write this. i guess we are the same, pursuing the things we think is right for ourselves and those like us. have a good week
>>
>>28487684
Lmao lterally just talk and change their views like a normal person. Why is everyone here an autistic introvert
>>
>>28488438
Thank you,I appreciate politeness, i don’t know if such different outlooks will ever come to a peaceful settlement or lasting peace but nonetheless I appreciate the fact that some manner of polite dialogue may still be possible if even rare, I wish you a good day and I believe that Americans are in a period known as “Thanksgiving” rn so I wish you happy holidays as well.
>>
>>28488435
Oh okay, from POV it sounded like you stuck around with "transphobic" friends and that OP had some sort of problem with simply taking it. Have you successfully changed any of your friends or ex-friends mind about trans shit? And were you ever approached to as a partner (both romantical or sexual).

>so i’m probably very lucky to even have the option to say this
I don't know how many trans people (at least on here) who would try to reason with cis people who had some negative bias with trans people desu. I will def. say that you are lucky to be as patient/tolerant and to find others who may hate trans people, but are willing to talk about it or argue on it
>>
>>28488454
How would you change a transphobic person's mind? Or any bigots mind about the thing they are bigoted against?
>If they're religious
it's basically a moot point, because at that point you'll have to challenge their whole religious and identity as a religious person.
>if they're not
I guess it comes down to how stubborn they, where they get their info, and how deep they believe what they are saying. But like I asked the other anon, are you really willing to spend time talking to a person who albeit may be open to discussion, views you as less than or other? Sounds mentally/emotionally draining for most people
>>
>>28488454
at most i'll be able to change how they view me after i inevitably have to reintroduce myself as trans to attempt this which isn't necessary or desirable. also i dont want that kind of attention on me
>you don't have to come out
defending trannies as a cis person is suspicious and no one would take them seriously unless they had firsthand experience (transitioning)
>>
>associating with cislets
it could never be me
>>
>>28488558
>Mr. Krabs I AM THE DANGER
>>
>>28488520
>>28488533
If talking and sharing opinions takes this much effort for you, you have a psychiatric condition. This amount of insecurity and doubting is not normal or healthy. Please get help for your cptsd/autism/adhd
>>
>>28487945
do they make you happy? is this one issue you hold with them exasperating enough that you believe cutting them out of your life would be an improvement? if you enjoy their company, and can overlook this to appreciate them for their other qualities, then I would say stick it out. give it some time. a year or two. don't tell them a thing. eventually, when you're ready, and think they'll handle it well enough, say something. y'know, give them a thorough dossier of yourself before you ever come clean, and they'll likely already be so warm to you that they won't think much of it. if it will change their outlooks or not, I can't guarantee, but it'll certainly give them plenty to think about. if the process ever becomes too much for you to handle, or it leaves you feeling dejected, then withdraw and reconsider. you're free to take your time.
>>
>>28488366
None of this retarded wall of text matters. If LGBT people were allowed to be a regular part of society LGBT community would not have to exist nor would they have to side with le ebil leftists, because you gain power by keeping up the divideof us vs them while leftiesgain power by expanding the definition of us. LGBT people could join and be part of any group based purely on what kind of indvidual they are but since two consenting adults marrying is the same as literally destroying marriage and bodily autonomy is satan because it does not fit your worldview of how things *should* be they never will. It's funny your lot push us out and do everything in your power to fuck us up as much as possible and then we act out you punish us for acting unreasonable in unreasonable situation you placed us in
>>
>>28488595
You're reaching way too far lol. I'm not trans, but I am black and Bi and I have no problems arguing or talking with people who are racist or homophobic, or just have some hatred or unjust bias towards a group.

However, I don't know why you think it's unreasonable or indicative of a bigger issue? I'm not sure how it's insecurity or doubt when you're constantly interacting with people who view as some weird thing or something inherently bad or flawed.
>Please get help for your cptsd/autism/adhd
Back at you since it sounds like you're just talking without actually considering the reality or never really experiencing it.
>>
>>28488595
why do you believe they're so fickle? if i cannot without a without a doubt change their minds which isn't something im willing to do in the first place then im not coming out.
>>28488605
they talk often and they're kinda funny. one of them is really nice and doesnt really hate trannies. idk they're kind of juvenile but they're the only friends i have beside a childhood one i talk to like twice a week
>>
>>28488605
>do they make you happy?
>if you enjoy their company, and can overlook this to appreciate them for their other qualities, then I would say stick it out.
Jfc. this is some pretty shit advice anon.
>>
>>28487827
Most well adjusted transsexual
>>
>>28487827
Don't threaten, just out them and only if they prove themselves to be reprobates
>>
>>28488726
outing people for being against you only breeds resentment and reinforces their ideas of you and they can still find opportunities so it literally changes nothing
>>
>>28488643
I assumed you were white, if you're black then I have no idea
>>28488661
Why do you think you need to come out in order to be pro-LGBT, that is really weird
>>
>>28488769
>Why do you think you need to come out in order to be pro-LGBT, that is really weird
i dont believe people against transitioning would take cis person saying that some trannies are good seriously. atleast not as much as an outed tranny acting like the perfect pickme which i will not do.
>>
>>28488769
>I assumed you were white, if you're black then I have no idea
Lol, you're just spouting stupid shit anon.

>Why do you think you need to come out in order to be pro-LGBT
I genuinely am curious if you actually know what you're talking or are simply just giving an opinion after this
>>
>>28488503
oh sorry, english isn’t my first language so i might sound off sometimes lol.
>Have you successfully changed any of your friends or ex-friends mind about trans shit?
i had an experience like that five times. three times it ended well and they were open to change their mind. two times i had to be like “i think the way you talk about trans people is hateful and mean, i’m sorry but i don’t want this kind of negativity in my life” and stop hanging out with them lol.
>And were you ever approached to as a partner (both romantical or sexual).
yeah i never had real problems finding as partner, but it’s been less since i started taking hrt two years ago. i am sorta in a voluntary celibate at least romantically until i figure stuff out lol. if i got into a relationship i would want to be honest about myself and i don’t feel ready for that yet
thank you! maybe my personality plays into it but i genuinely believe that i’m in a way more fortunate situation than a lot of people on this board. i never experienced the existential loneliness that a lot of anons here seem to suffer from and am way more optimistic as a result.
>>
>>28488787
Lmao you are fundamentally misunderstanding human interaction. All that matters is the way you talk and how people already view you. If people don't take you seriously it's because of how you are, not what you say
>>28488822
I'm not american and I don't know what black culture is like, if you think being black has anything to do with this then there's no reason for me to talk to you
>>
>>28488885
>i had an experience like that five times. three times it ended well and they were open to change their mind. two times i had to be like “i think the way you talk about trans people is hateful and mean, i’m sorry but i don’t want this kind of negativity in my life” and stop hanging out with them lol.
Nice that you actually manage to change people's mind, but more based that you were able to put out boundaries and knew when to fall back.

>yeah i never had real problems finding as partner
Good for you
>until i figure stuff out
Smart and plus for being self-aware and doing something about it

>thank you! maybe my personality plays into it but i genuinely believe that i’m in a way more fortunate situation than a lot of people on this board. i never experienced the existential loneliness that a lot of anons here seem to suffer from and am way more optimistic as a result.
From talking to you more (especially this post), you you def. are in a more fortunate place. Even with you not being American or live America, you've managed to live in a place or a scene that's been great for you. You're probably one of the most normal/sanest trans people I've interacted here with. I imagine you're like 25 or something and are French (random guess)
>>
>>28488932
>Lmao you are fundamentally misunderstanding human interaction. All that matters is the way you talk and how people already view you. If people don't take you seriously it's because of how you are, not what you say
maybe
>>
>>28488932
I'm going to be less combative but what the fuck does
>I'm not american and I don't know what black culture is like, if you think being black has anything to do with this then there's no reason for me to talk to you
Have to do with anything? I brought up that I was black because I have no real problem talking or arguing with others about trans shit, racist shit, any fucked shit. I just think it's a naïve thing to say that people who aren't like me (or you I guess), are wrong or acting like "autists".

I could just take post a text responding, but it just sounds like you're talking from a lack of experience or misunderstanding.

>Lmao you are fundamentally misunderstanding human interaction.
Ironic lol
>>
>>28489040
4chan isn't human interaction bro
>>
>>28489051
No one said this. All of your post about actual human interaction is either wrong or incredibly naïve is all.
>>
>>28489081
Lmao I'm sorry. Everyone is mega rational and the world is run by facts and logic. If trannies just had more peer reviewed meta studies and better philosophical arguments and coherent moral frameworks surely they'd be accepted
>>
>>28488628
You were allowed several times to be part of society, those society’s don’t exist anymore tho, the normalization of behaviors that reward hedonism, selfishness, the Union of bonds and people based solely on sex and lust, all others sorts of secondary behaviors associated with your group are what led society’s to their downfall.
The right doesn’t gain power from an us vs them mentality and the left doesn’t gain power from an everyone is us mentality, leftists gain power by eroding traditions, honor, beauty and knowledge: they seek to cross every line in order to subvert society and create their version of a utopia which in practice looks like a distopia, the right merely wishes to live honest lives under reasonable conditions in order to maintain their religious institutions and rights, the thing about humans is that most of us brave enough to pick the harsher paths of life even if they’re right this is why if left to our own devices: anarchy and ill would cross every line of evil imaginable, social and religious norms serve to prevent a society from losing its moral compass and the left seeks to abolish objective morality which prevents that,this isn’t “two adults marrying” it’s about your kind seeking to force others to accept you instead of tolerate you, Business that don’t agree with your ideals have been,harassed with all manner of filth in order to make them bend on their convictions,and it isn’t unreasonable to assume that if given enough power your kind would force your ideals on institutions of all sorts…which is kinda already happening this is including religious institutions, we don’t hate you because we don’t want you to be part of Muh society, we hate your kind because you’re not content to respect others boundaries, left winged ideas not just LGBT ones,seek to spread like mold and filth therefore people will resist it, after all who wouldn’t resist a threat to their way of life and prosperity?
>>
>>28487863
this. i was in a similar position to you op but them liking me and then later realizing i was trans changed the whole friend group's opinion on trans people over time. they're really supportive now because they know i'm just a person too. just don't make everything about being trans and you'll be fine and do a lot of good by talking about it
>>
>>28489392
this + good marketing is literally how it happens, yes. good marketing includes being a good example and bridging gaps and not just being insular with other queer people all the time
>>
>>28487684
The only way out is music. I started fairly late but now I make a good living off it. If you get good enough, other musicians (the other good ones who've transcended normiehood, not just randos who dabble) will respect you and see you as an entire person.
The good thing about music is getting good takes a shit tonne of time. And it's time spent in deep focus. And once you get used to spending your time like that. You will find that you get to a point where you could imagine yourself, just you and your instrument locked away in a chamber for 1000 years with only the most bare amenities and you'd be happy.
It's gotten me through times that have been so much harder than being trans. It's gotten me through severe life threatening disease, bouts of suicidal depression, ostracisation for all manners of reason, periods of extreme poverty living on £3 a day.
And now, after having it be my sanctuary for so long, it's finally become the thing that sustains me.
The more you pour into it, the more you get out of it. It's a garden that when tended will continue to expand.
Other arts are like this too. Music is just a particularly good one because of the physical element, and the communal elements of performance. Having queer friends is ok. Having music friends, those are the bonds that feel the safest. You'll meet dickheads too. But yeah. Genuinely the best thing I did for myself was pour myself into it.
>>
>>28488662
meh. call me a masochist. hell, call me mentally unwell. I don't really care, you're some guy on 4chan. I just do what I like.
>>
>>28487827
This is the reason why
>>
Just gotta find the people who respect you regardless of the circumstances, some people have time to hate, and others dont.
>>
>>28487684
This is the world we live now. Activisys will push this shit on everyones throat daily. Tbe media is going to be biased toward anything it makes money. And trans people will be shut down by unhinge people. Can you blame normies for what the world has become?
>>
>>28487684
>>"srs shouldn't exist because it's literally butchering"
based and chaser pilled
>>
>>28493762
no

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.