[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Untitled.png (64 KB, 329x274)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>bio has his new name in it
Is he getting ready to stop repressing?
>>
>>21582531
Would pass as gay uncle easily with shaved head and no makeup on.
>>
File: LSGVK-01_a01.jpg (757 KB, 721x1060)
757 KB
757 KB JPG
No.
>>
File: intj stare.png (276 KB, 888x668)
276 KB
276 KB PNG
>>21582646
>>
>>21582531
i thought it's always had that name, but she is definitely a repper
>>
>>21582746
>but she is definitely a repper
Proof?
>>
>>21582796
Her essay. Imagine a world in which JKR has transitioned, oh glorious AAP heaven
>>
>>21582746
>>21582824
You think you're owning the terfs by making jokes like this but all you're really doing is creating the trenders and FTMTF detransitioners with which the terfs will one day own you
>>
>>21583008
>muh trenders
don't care, I self-med anyway
>>
>>21583008
it isnt a joke anon
>>
File: 1604250275193.png (73 KB, 1262x464)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>21583008
She literally said pic related
>>
>>21583159
Bruh, did you read to the end of that paragraph?
What she's saying there is that she struggled with sexism and she had to actually grapple with it instead of trying to escape via trending out.
Puberty is a terrible time for most women and what she's feeling there is 100% normal. Common. And that this is being pathologized as being trans is the reason we have so many AFAB teenagers trooning out.
>>
>>21583192
"everyone feels awkward in puberty!!" is cope.
>>
>>21583200
She says right there that the realization that made her find peace with herself is that "it's fine to not feel pink, frilly and compliant inside your own head" - this is classic "not wanting to be a stepford housewife" not "wanting to be a man." Not wanting to be a woman and actively wanting to be a man are two very different things.
>>
>>21583192
>What she's saying there is that she struggled with sexism and she had to actually grapple with it instead of trying to escape via trending out.
Do you notice she said that she escaped through books and writing? Did you notice she's been writing books under an explicitly male pen name?
>>
>>21583250
a lot of writers do that
>>
>>21583217
Switch the genders around, or make it about being gay instead, and you'd call him a repressor outright. We've all heard these shit copes and arguments before a million times. Repressors aren't as clever as they think they are of they think this fools anyone. Just like the "Everyone thinks about being the other gender! Heck when I was a kid I wanted to be a firetruck!". Just pure horseshit
>>
>>21583192
>Puberty is a terrible time for most women and what she's feeling there is 100% normal
lol okay ayden, whatever helps you cope
>>
what has she actually said besides that biological males shouldn't be put in the same prisons as biological females?
>>
>>21583293
repper aydens don't realize constantly saying shit like "actually all women hate their bodies and want to be men" doesn't really help their arguments. it's real insane stuff
>>
>>21583297

She said transitioning is conversion therapy to eradicate gays.
>>
File: doubt.png (603 KB, 584x552)
603 KB
603 KB PNG
>>21583265
>a lot of writers do that
>>
File: naoto.jpg (28 KB, 300x406)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>21583250
that's not exclusively a trans thing
you're more relatable than you think
>>
>>21583363
yeah escaping into a hobby where you can adopt an opposite sex persona is very non trans
>>
>>21583265
>be 'male' author
>talk about how terrible male puberty and growing up male is
>say that I would have been transed if I was born later
>write under female pseudonyms
>lash out at trans people for no reason at all
if you can see how this would be sus, then you should understand the point about rowling
>>
>>21583369
there you go, you're getting it :)
>>
thought it was a terf meme you people tried to treat anyone outside of the normal as an egg to hatch
>>
>>21583376
men and women are not interchangeable doofus
>>
>>21583379
i don't think they're crazy for seeing rowling as an egg, but i do think they're probably wrong.
>>
https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20200911->>21583369
why-do-women-write-under-mens-names

>>21583376
maybe from your perspective that makes sense but from her and others like her point of view it just proves that people push gender hormones on people who don't really need them
>>
>>21583379
"anyone outside of the normal"?
But anon I thought she was totally normal and everyone wishes they were the opposite sex and pretends to be one in major parts of their lives?

Is she normal or not? Getting mixed signals here.
>>
>>21583388
>maybe from your perspective that makes sense but from her and others like her point of view it just proves that people push gender hormones on people who don't really need them
that doesn't happen though, 'she' is obviously only getting riled up about this stuff out of a weird cope, 'she' is probably jealous that trans men have a chance to transition earlier now
>>21583395
literally ALL woman hate themselves and their bodies completely, if you disagree you're a misogynist
>>
>>21583388
Who's pushing hormones?
Do you think when people suspect an actor is gay they're "pushing" them to have gay sex?
>>
>>21583395
I am saying that according to her trannsexuals will pray on whoever does not feel like a perfect representative of their gender and try to make them to start taking hormones, even if that person won't mind later in life

which you are kinda doing right now
>>
>>21583413
Anon, are you fucking illiterate? can you not read?
>>
>>21583388
how did you manage to fuck up that link that badly
>>
>guys it's totally normal to pretend to be a man and say you wanted to be a boy as a kid and stuff, all women hate their bodies, it's totally normal! Stop pushing her to be trans!

>aguys just because she's a little abnormal and not a perfect representative of her sex like normal women doesn't mean she's trans!

Which one is it, faggots? Are they normal or not?
>>
>>21583406
unlike suspecting an actor is gay if enough people think a kid is trans because she likes playing boy games someone might actually get hormones given to them
who have far more long reaching consequences than gay sex
>>
File: jk.png (17 KB, 635x205)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
what did she mean by this?
>>
>>21583388
she writes pulp murder mysteries and promotes them as jk rowling's new book at this point there's no real reason to use a pen name aside from personal whim
>>
>>21583447
is the expression "it's normal to not feel normal" also contradictory to you?
>>
>>21583488
that's not what you were saying before though
>>
>>21583457
Prove this happens dipshit. You people all have these weird fantasies of forced feminization/masculinization it's so fucking funny. You're probably a repper too.
>>
>transmissogynists keep making stuff up about how we want to push hormones on kids
>you use a pen name that's not your biological sex? bring out the hormones!
>>
>>21583457
being trans and not getting hormones earlier has far reaching consequences, and hormones aren't given out like candy anyway
also wtf sex has very big consequences for people specially young people
>>
>>21583488
>not" feel normal"
No, you said she WASNT normal. Changing the fucking argument already, kid?
>>
I think we overlook the obvious, Rowling was a youngshit who trooned early, realized he was AGP and now hates trannies.
>>
File: 1621452353569.jpg (22 KB, 332x1024)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>21583507
>thse people are LITERALLY trying to force j.k rowling to take hormones!
>how?
>by shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>21583502
Someone is going to have to advice a kid to take hormones and if that man think having a COD account with another sex name is reason enough then that's what's going to happen

>>21583497
I am not everyone you disagree with
>>
>>21583507
>ignoring the other sign

Tell me, what can an AFAB say that would convince you to believe "Oh, okay, this person actually is trans"

If all women are dysphoric and hate their bodies and would rather be male and likes pretending to be male, where does that leave an actual trans person?
Or do you not believe any trans person is legit?
>>
>>21583413
So is hating your body and wishing you were the other gender normal or does it make you a vulnerable outlier?
>>
>>21583523
>the slippery slope isn't real! what tumblr thought ten years ago isn't main stream on the left today!
>>
>>21583519
Rowling is a stealth-passing MtF LARPing as a repressed FtM to throw everybody off. It's the perfect LARP, nobody ever suspected a thing.
>>
>>21583527
>Someone is going to have to advice a kid to take hormones

So this is forcing people to take hormones now? You talk like alcoholics or something lol, the instant you see alcohol anywhere you think someone's "forcing you to drink". Unhealthy obsession
>>
>>21583544
trans rights have went backwards in the UK, kids can't even get blockers let alone HRT
>>
>>21583285
idiots like u are why there are so many troon trenders
>>
>>21583544
>DA SJWS!! THE LEFT!! LEFTOIDS!! YOURE ALL LEFTIES!!! CANCEL CULTURE!! TRIGGERED SNOWFLAKES!!!

shouldn't you be watching some Steven crowder?
>>
>>21583531
there was no other sign, just a kid acting out
I did not say it was normal for all women to hate their bodies, but it's common for kids to feel weird at some point

>>21583538
Apparently, unless you think being an ideologically consistent radfem makes you a trans
>>
>>21583557
Are there so many trenders, anon? How many trenders are on testosterone? Is this a real social panic or something you just imagine up in your head in order to attack people online?
>>
>>21583545
I didnt at first, but it makes so much sense why she loves hon of dawn.
>>
>>21583558
>you don't like my side? you like other side! only two sides! no non binaries!
>>
>>21583559
>Apparently, unless you think being an ideologically consistent radfem makes you a trans
Hating your body and wishing you were a man and writing to cope with it makes you a repressor. JK Rowling admitted to all 3 things.

Normal girls don't wish they were men and hate their body.
>>
So the radfem argument is all women wishe they were men
>>
>>21583584
So you're non biney?
You don't have any binery?
>>
>>21583589
yeah, radfems fundamentally view womanhood as worthless, and yet they say everyone else is a misogynist lol
>>
>>21583588
She got srs and regretted it. Fuck this makes so much sense
>>
>>21583559
You didn't answer the question at all for what would make a genuine FTM trans person to you vs these "normal women".
>>
>>21582531
>88
>14
based
>>
>>21583612
>expecting a terf to argue in good faith and answer questions instead of dodging them
lol
>>
>>21583612
more than just wishing you wasn't a woman at some point in your childhood, unless you got evidence she brought that view into adulthood
>>
>>21583608
If it's worthless why are they so mad when an FTM transitions? Because of "white genocide"? Oh wait sorry woman genocide lol.
Imagine saying everyone would rather be a male and then trying to ban that from happening. Almost sick in a way.

Explains why they hate MTFs so much, they can't imagine anyone actually wanting or needing to be a girl
>>
>>21583628
You still aren't answering the question. How much more? What specifically do they have to say? Learn how to communicate your ideas properly, please.
>>
>>21583628
>>>robert galbraith
>>
>>21583608
If everyone else is misogynist, being a woman IS at least *socially* worthless (except in environemnts constructed by and for your fellow radical feminist wombynz i.e. separatist communes). That much is at least consistent to some extent.
>>
>>21583640
I think it's resentment, they don't like being a woman, but they're too weak-willed to become a man and take their life into their own hands
so when they see someone doing that, they seethe hard
I honestly think at least 50% of terfs are repressors, when trans women repress they often get into incel stuff or /pol/ shit, when trans men do it they get into terfism
>>
>>21583673
So nobody in lesbian communes ever wants to transition
>>
>>21583673
it's consistent, but innaccurate, I think sexism exists and is a big problem, but it's way more complex than womanhood being worthless and entirely male constructed, that kind of view entirely takes away the agency of women both today and historically
their hatred goes beyond social roles too, a lot of terfs seem to outright hate female biology and see it a curse, real repfag shit lmao
>>
>>21583676
If you're gay and you find that the world is mostly homophobic, does that mean you should undergo shock therapy and pray the gay away?

by your logic the answer would seemingly be yes, but i'm curious
>>
>>21583676
Well, there are a lot of TERFs who call themselves "dysphoric females" and say it's hard to deal with. Most of those people are definitely repressors.
I don't think JKR is a repressor though, I think she's just saying things about wanting to be a man because of sexism to discredit the idea of transness.
>>
>>21583702
>If you're gay and you find that the world is mostly homophobic, does that mean you should undergo shock therapy and pray the gay away?
no
>by your logic the answer would seemingly be yes, but i'm curious
how? it's completely unrelated
I never said thinking the world is mostly misogynistic makes you trans
>>21583710
I don't really care if jkr is trans, it's a funny meme, but yeah she probably isn't
>>
>>21583735
the misogyny is why they don't like being a woman tho
>>
>>21583747
>the misogyny is why they don't like being a woman tho
there's feminists who don't hate their very biology and who don't view womanhood as irredeemably bad
also conversion therapy for gay people has proven not to work
>>
>>21583710
I've seen tons of "transmasc" terfs on twitter lmao
>>
>>21583640
it's so a serial rapist can say they identify as a female and get moved to a woman's prison
>lol that can't happen
we have already moved past the point that not wanting to date people for their genetila is antitrans
>>
>>21583761
there are gay people who've said they hate being gay, it doesn't mean they wish they were straight, it's just said that way for brevity
>>
>>21583790
and? like I said, conversion therapy doesn't work, transition does
it's also not normal at all for women to hate their bodies in the way a lot of terfs do
>>
>>21583788
You think all trannies are serial rapists though
>>
>>21583801
so you're saying if conversion therapy did work, it would be as valid as transition
>>
>>21583812
nope, though if it did work, I think gay people should have the freedom to change their orientation
we have proven ways to improve gay people's feelings about themselves (tolerance), they same doesn't work with gender dysphoria, transition is the best proven method
>>
File: 1614698383340.jpg (656 KB, 828x821)
656 KB
656 KB JPG
>>21583710
Is it odd if i have infinitely less respect for the conscious reppers? I can understand ideological TERFs like i can track what theyre trying to communicate, what they fear and want done. I dont agree with it but it makes sense enough to deconstruct. And more importantly, this person hasnt suffered dysphoria. Soooo like, ignorance breeding prejudice, bias and conspiracy? Thats not WHOLLY their fault.

But someone who is consciously repressing dysphoria to do this crap? Who should by all accounts know better and be capable of extending empathy outward? Yeah, i think those types just disgust me. No ideology, just pure absolute resentment and bitterness. A culture of narcissism and cyclical breakdowns. God deliver me from the repterfs! Few things grind my gears like someone without ideology, full of resentment and eager to make life worse for others to satisfy their mental illness.
>>
>>21583388
Oh boohoo a bunch of schizos on 4chan are calling one of the richest women alive a cryptotranny. This is proof that they just push hormones on everyone and society is falling apart.
>>
>>21583836
reminder they think pushing hormones away from transpeople isn't bad, only the opposite
>>
Lol
>>
>>21583837
cisoids would murder a thousand trans kids if it saved the feelings of a single cis kid
truly heartless people
>>
File: 1626734929425.jpg (171 KB, 1000x1200)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>21583824
>full of resentment and eager to make life worse for others to satisfy their mental illness
hey, that's me! not a repper though, just a narcissist psychopath
>>
>>21583848
If it's any consolation I'd murder 1000 trans kids if it would make me a girl.
>>
File: 1617109357256.webm (2.86 MB, 720x404)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>21583850
Yeah thats kind of gross to me insofar as you elect to not improve on your condition! I think its like, instinctual? Idk. im pretty patient with people but specifically this, this lack of self improvement fermenting into an externalized hostility? I have no time for that, im not sure anybody should make time for that.
>>
>>21583502
someone tell me what a repper is
>>
>>21583285
nah. this is the 1 issue on which TERFs are right. close to 100% of intelligent afabs feel something similar to jkr growing up. that's doesn't make them trans men, and suggesting it does is offensive to actual trans men as well as to cis women
>>
>>21583891
lmao you people are crazy
>>
>>21583891
>close to 100% of intelligent afabs feel something similar to jkr growing up
no they don't
>>
>>21583890
Short for repressor
>>
>>21583881
mmm uh oh i did a bad bad, oh well.
dont really care if it grosses anyone out since i only live for me
>>
>>21583895
>>21583900
cool, i have no interest in convincing you. in the next 10 years there's going to be a bajillion cis women who had their tits chopped off at age 18 suing their doctors, not my problem but it's pretty easy to see coming. underestimate young cis women's body dysmorphia at your own risk
>>
File: 1626584926555.gif (338 KB, 495x369)
338 KB
338 KB GIF
>>21583904
Thats fine anon lol we were just chit chatting, i dont even know you. Dont take it personally.
>>
>>21583931
cool story
>>
>>21583931
nice fanfic
>>
>>21583931
thats what you were saying 10 years ago when youngshits started getting treated and conversion therapists like zucker were still working. You're just like the rightoids who say the day of the rope is nigh. Pathetic.
>>
File: 1626519956978.webm (2.07 MB, 640x800)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB WEBM
>>21583931
Would you wanna get more specific and make a wager on that? Ive had my sense of gambling tickled by stocks recently and i like my odds here.
>>
>>21583192
>What she's saying there is that she struggled with sexism and she had to actually grapple with it instead of trying to escape via trending out.
lmao this.
90's cope with being a woman:
>topless feminist protests
>cut your hair off
>say all men should die
>become a lesbian even though you're straight
20's cope with being a woman:
>change your pronouns to they/them
>stay entirely feminine, being enby is enough
>you have successfully escaped womanhood
>get a femboy bf but call yourself a lesbian anyway
it's common for older women to be jealous of men and wish they were men. it doesn't necessarily mean they're troons. they just recognise that being a man would make their life so much easier. male writers enjoyed far more success.
there should be zero shock that such a woman would become a TERF.
>>
>>21583766
yep tumblr too. the cognitive dissonance is crazy idk how they deal with it. i think a lot of them have trauma from sexual assault or just hate men a lot for some other reason, so they're just in it to hate on trans women. or it's just part of their weird friend group or something, i honestly don't really know
worth noting that terfs specifically try to reach out to transmascs and sympathize with them
>>
File: 20210716210123_1.jpg (272 KB, 1600x900)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>21582713
>>
>>21583376
Not really comparable. A man would only hurt himself professionally by larping as a woman, whereas woman would probably help her own career
>>21583406
>literally ALL woman hate themselves and their bodies completely
You're being kind of reductive there. She's saying women are extremely sexualized in society and women will commonly come to be insecure about their bodies for not aligning with ideals and struggle with the fact that they're being highly objectified on a constant basis.

I'm a cis lesbian and I felt the same way. I felt like I didn't even belong in society most of the time. I even thought I'd be better off as a boy when I was a kid, but eventually, I knew I wasn't trans or anything because my idea of a perfect "self" was still a woman. I knew that if I had the choice of either becoming a man, or making men smaller than women, I'd choose the latter
>>
>>21584223
Do you really consider yourself representative of normie ciswomen and think you know what they all feel?
>>
>>21584238
I've known a lot of straight women and they say similar shit all the time in regards to how much society sucks for women
>>
>>21584269
Do they say "if I could transition I would"? Or is it just the same things incels say?
>>
>>21583702
Are you implying that there aren't gay people who feel ashamed of their gayness and wish they didn't have it? Is it not a nearly universal gay experience to pray at night wishing you could just be normal or trying to force yourself to be heterosexual? The difference here is that when a gay person is forcing themselves to be straight, they aren't risking any permanent medical consequences that can happen from medical transition, and the act of coming out as trans has much larger social implications in the current day than coming out as gay or bi. Hell I am trans and I support children having access to medical transition and lowering barriers and gatekeeping but even I know it's disingenuous to make that comparison.
>>
>>21584290
>they aren't risking any permanent medical consequences
This is literally the argument homophobes used when AIDs was still big lol.
>>
>>21584283
She didn't actually say that and the sentence comes across as more tongue-in-cheek. I've probably said similar things despite not actually being trans, and plenty of regular straight women have too
>>
>>21584354
Okay so nothing like what JK said?
>>
>>21584320
Yeah but the counterargument was that they needed to fund research into AIDs treatment, and now that we have prep, pep, and just better sexual practices and lower incidence and death rates from STIs it's vastly less of a concern. We absolutely need more research into trans healthcare and optimizing medical transition, but are you implying we will reach a point where medically transitioning has near-zero permanent effects or potential risk, or that we'll have viable options for transition that don't involve any risk? (I suppose you could count ayden she/thembie non-medical transitioners as that option, and I'm not opposed to that perspective) Again, I'm not saying that we need to protect cis people more than trans people should have access to hrt, but not everything about LGBT rights needs to be "lol they said that about gay/black people 20 years ago therefore you are wrong." Circumstances can be different.
>>
>>21584361
What? She can envy the societal position of men without wanting to be one. Notice how she never describes actually wanting to physically look like a man or grow body hair or anything, she simply resents how society revolves around men and designates women as the "second sex". Her conflict is purely external, not internal like an actual trans person. She does not hate being a woman in and of itself, she hates how women are treated.
>>
>>21582713
cringe, I don't even stare like that lol
>>
File: 1587596636583.png (49 KB, 240x240)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>21584354
>the sentence comes across as more tongue-in-cheek
>>
Maybe the real J.K. Rowling was the friends we made along the way.
>>
>>21583824
My liege the anal king wwj

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.