[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: boyfriend_i_can_dress_up.png (1.18 MB, 1830x1056)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
is repression without being miserable actually possible?
>>
>>21579609
no lol
>>
>>21579609
only if you're not already miserable
but if you're repgang
lol
>>
>>21579609
Yes.
>>
I'm ok with being a little miserable. I just want to still be functional
>>
>>21579609
i manage it pretty ok, it only hurts when I really think about it
>>
>>21579745
You're on /legbutts/ right now anon, so are you really thinking about it?
>>
>>21579609
Nope
>>
>>21579609
no

t.repressed until i was on the verge of legitimately killing myself
>>
>>21579609
there are definitely ups and downs but overall possible
>>
>>21579609
>asking troons if there’s a way to live healthily without being indoctrinated into their cult
what answers did you expect to get anon
>>
>>21579609
Bump for interest
>>
>>21579609
Redditors from askAGP say it is, but they seem miserable so idk
>>
>>21579609
if you weren't miserable there wouldn't be anything to repress
>>
>>21579609
Lmao no it’s not even possible to be a happy boymoder lol
>>
I tried for years as a repressor and my answer is no, and my answer as a boymoder now is still no
>>
>>21579609
have you reached full masculinization and started balding? if yes and you're not totally miserable all the time then maybe, if you are still in the process then you have no idea how miserable you might become
>>
>>21579609
Yes, but I'm miserable for other reasons so maybe it depends on what else you've got going on.
>>
>>21583122
what do i do then
>>
>>21583215
>have you reached full masculinization and started balding?
balding is hard for cis people to cope with regardless. like sure, i'll concede trannies will suffer worse when they go bald, but most people who go bald seriously struggle to cope with it if it happens early in life when they still care about how they look.
>>
>>21579609
making peace with who you are including your body is actually possible.

repression of all kinds is unsustainable, though.
>>
>>21583942
You make the balding sound terrifying but there are hardly any cases where people wanted to kill themselves over losing some hair and most don't even bother trying any treatments. The thing is that once it happens it happens and you will just learn to live with it. Like just think in how bad conditions some people live yet they can be contempt with themselves. We are really good at this whole coping thing given if we don't have some severe mental issues.
>>
>>21584122
>most don't even bother trying any treatments
because they don't work and people know it's a cope
>hardly any cases where people wanted to kill themselves
source, please. also, you don't have to try and kill yourself to be depressed, unless you're trying to invalidate every transperson on here who was depressed and didn't try to an hero
>Like just think in how bad conditions some people live yet they can be contempt with themselves
they're not really CONTENT, they're incapable of changing their situations. I could put you in a box for a month and you wouldn't be content being in there, but you'd still be living.

>We are really good at this whole coping thing given if we don't have some severe mental issues
you can also cope by giving up on expecting an improvement in life, which usually happens before people go bald when their dreams are crushed in their 30's
>>
dissociation escapism and drugs. alcohol works well after some time and before makes ot worse. i guess opiattes colid work too. getting blasted om weed or cannabinoids and reading stiff and/or looking at pictires would also dissociate you from your body and life. also take some antiandrogen at least fin. have long hair and be clean shaven thin and wear bot faggy clothes. but it might jus cause you to crack later and become crazy boomerhon. also these copes will turn you into semi functional shut in. better than severe apathy and dwpression tho
>>
Yes, just take an androgen blocker (like what balding cis men do)

>He contacted me telling me that in an attempt to remasculinize, he made three attempts at taking testosterone, all with the same result. Puzzled by it all, he writes: "That's the third time I've taken testosterone and every time I've had overwhelming desires to present myself as a female."
>>
>>21587234
>He contacted me telling me that in an attempt to remasculinize, he made three attempts at taking testosterone, all with the same result. Puzzled by it all, he writes: "That's the third time I've taken testosterone and every time I've had overwhelming desires to present myself as a female."
Is this a quote from MTIMB?
>>
>>21583283
What do you want?
>>
>>21579609
wait???? it actually possible to be alive without being miserable?????
>>
>>21579609
Depends on the person
>bdd repressor
Will kill themselves after realizing they couldve easily transitioned with good genes, theyre usually low iq aswell
>muh family repressor
Will kill themselves because they fucked up not transitioning because of their parents and friends ( giga cringe)
>Real reppers
Never kill themselves because we never had the chance to transition and pass, making it easier to cope since we just got unlucky and literally had no other choice in life than living as men.
>>
Yes it is.

There's so much more to life than your gender identity.
>>
>>21579609
you have to live with another repressor so you are able to fulfill your desires sexually. but if you take it that far you might as well come out already
>>
>>21588323
this
so much more out there in life
become less self obsessed
>>
>>21588323
But it literally affects everything, most activities that aren't mere distractions require you to be aware of your body to some extent
>>
>>21588132
That sounds like something from MTIMB but I can't find the quote in my copy.
>>
>>21588567
What's mtimb?
>>
>>21588903
Men Trapped in Men's Bodies, a Blanchardist book by Anne Lawrence.
>>
>>21588132
>>21588567
Found it, it's from Anne Vitale.
http://www.avitale.com/TNote15Testosterone.htm
>>
>>21588922
Sounds based, gonna check it out later to self harm ty
>>
>>21589199
It's on LibGen. It doesn't pull any punches, hope it doesn't make you too sad.
>>
>>21587234
>>21588962
That doesn't make any sense, I've been manmoding on hrt for almost 3 years and the desire has never gone away
>>
Sure, but it has to honestly be YOUR choice. Not trying to appease someone else, not trying to stay out of danger / free from judgement (two different things). YOUR choice. That will take time and still won't always be easy.

Best method I ever found was to "adapt" looks from your proper gender (outfits, etc) using things more or less considered suitable for your gender, with some subtle cross-dressing here and there. AMAB, I wear semi-relaxed women's tops that don't immediately scream "women's"
and slimmer men's v-neck shirts, button downs, Henley shirts. Straight or boot cut jeans if they're women's (look in the photos to see how deep their hands can go in the pocket, and in the description for whether there are fake pockets); slim or skinny if it's men's. Not many colors in men's clothing but you can find brighter colors if you look around. You may very likely code as gay within your assigned gender, and let people think what they like. You know what you are. Do what you need to to hold an image of yourself in your mind's eye and get by, focusing on a life to live rather than your have-nots. There will still be hard days; not repressing will have its pros and cons but it *does* lack the stress of constantly minding your "triggers." Consider the possibility of seeing a doctor about a *low* dose of estrogennif you're AMAB and struggling. Took the "itch" out of the back of my mind and my hair got a little softer but otherwise I saw no serious effects that would "out" me.

Above all else, do this only if (and when) it suits YOU.
>>
>>21589646
Are you a cute twink now? :3
>>
>>21589371
Ditto. HRT helped take the itch away, but it's a bit like feeling an empty stomach and not exactly feeling hungry either. I wouldn't call it *great* but it is workable.
>>
>>21579609
no but good luck
>>
>>21589684
I don't know that I do enough to come off as a twink lol, but I'm not into men and have figured out that I really don't know what gay guys are looking at but I'm sure I may well be a twink of a sort. I prefer not to think on it; any similarity is a bit of a lie under the circumstance, but it doesn't make me uncomfortable.
>>
>>21579609

Yes absolutely, I've been repressing since I was about 21 to the extent I don't even think of it as repressing, I've pretty successfully reprogrammed my brain away from being a tranny.

inb4 take your pink pills alice blah blah blah
>>
>>21590014
Are you dysphoric or a non-dysphoric AGP?
>>
>>21590149
I'm not sure really, the whole AGP definition is a bit before my time. The only time I would feel dysphoric would be when I attempted to present as female. I do not have dysphoric feelings now ever, haven't had them for about five years I'd say.
>>
>>21589646
>the "itch"
yeah
>>
My dad is apparently a repressor. When I came out to him, he admitted that he had a prolonged crossdressing phase and had he been born 30 or 40 years later he might have transitioned.
Anyway, he's 57 and seems very happy with life. He's doing well. I don't know how bad his dysphoria is/was, but there's gotta be at least a little bit.
The thing is, most happy repressors won't tell anyone. They'll take it to the grave with them and nobody will ever know their secret. They don't spend their time on tranny message boards like the repbros here, so they're an even more invisible group. If I never came out, nobody would ever know my father's secret.
Now, he probably also had the repression through ignorance going - during the age where transition would have been a viable choice for him, he would have had no idea about HRT and the surgeries you can get. If you aren't exposed to trans ideas, if your dysphoria is undefined, repression is much easier. For reppers here actively struggling with the knowledge that they totally could transition, and all the knowledge they've accumulated about how exactly everything works, repression is going to be insanely hard.
>>
>>21591127
tfw I came out to yahoo answers as 12 and then went back into slumber because it was all just a fantasy. I literally thought everyone wanted to be a girl
>>
>>21591650
Same anon, same. I thought I was a lot stronger and braver than trannies because I didn't give into my desires. Now I'm 24 and transitioning and I feel like an idiot. How novel.
>>
>>21591697
me too. maybe you are an idiot, I have no clue, but I can tell you do have a very strong and brave soul. good luck out there anon. I think my dad might be a repressor too. but I doubt he would ever admit it to me. your father is strong and brave too.
>>
>>21589646
>You may very likely code as gay within your assigned gender
I don’t to “code” as gay. I want to be coded as she/her. This doesn’t help if people still refer to me as he/him, sir,man. This is basic dysphoria 101z sounds like you’re more enby desu.

>>21589646
>Consider the possibility of seeing a doctor about a *low* dose of estrogennif you're AMAB and struggling. Took the "itch" out of the back of my mind
Wtf do you think transitioning is?! If you’re taking any form of hrt, you-are-transitioning. Fuck this board is retarded af sometimes. Taking hrt in any form is not repressing. Just admit you’re transitioning albeit at a slower pace. I don’t see why reppers try and dance around this issue so much. Just transition low dose and move in with your life. Repression doesn’t work.
>>
>>21590014
Yet you’re here in this board. Doesn’t sound like repression is working anon
>>
>>21592028
Regarding the first bit, no, I absolutely get that this is the whole deal with dysphoria. The opposite is repression, which is what we are discussing. I never promised a rose garden.
>>
>>21592028
Regarding the second bit: stop. I know that repressing *hurts* and isn't viable long term. It may be needed in the short term, and distraction rather than active repression can help too. What I offered in my tips was *coping,* and, with this second part, a way to perhaps deal with the dysphoria without further [at least presently unwanted] physical or social changes. Give some benefit of the doubt: I am not telling OP to repress so much as cope, if only for now, if that is THEIR decision. As I have. I am on a low dose of HRT today. Call it transition, but my E levels aren't at a cis woman's, nor my T levels, and for relatively little changes anyone is going to notice, I have regained clarity of mind (for most days). It was an earnest suggestion.
>>
I repped since my early 20s and am now 36. I did not expect to crack but I finally have. What people say is true. Don't be a dumb shit hon like me and just go do it early. It's a mental illness for sure but not treating only makes it worse.
>>
File: E64g9fUVIAAepZl.jpg (602 KB, 2717x4096)
602 KB
602 KB JPG
I'd say yes, I've been completely dysphoria free once I started going to the gym and began to present more masculine(short hair, masculine fashion style, etc. )

I do not think of all this as a repression though, because I'm not actively suppressing anything, I'm just doing what's best for my body by training it, giving it what it needs, dressing it to fit and as a result I feel great about it.

And the best part is I'm doing all this for myself, there's no reason to self-loathe.
>>
>>21594355
cope
>>
>>21579609
No, but neither us transitioning without being miserable in most cases.
>>
>>21592054

Oh are gays not allowed use this board anymore? Didn't realise the take over was 100% complete.
>>
It's totally possible.

Be patient though, it will take years.
>>
It's better than becoming a frothing honbeast, though that isn't saying much.
>>
>>21596470
What about a non-frothing honbeast?
>>
File: 7wPYFtV.png (575 KB, 564x996)
575 KB
575 KB PNG
>>21596576
pretty sure the hon rage takes over at that point
>>
>>21579609
i mean if it is possible you're not going to find out about it on literally /lgbt/ of all places, i imagine if there are non-miserable repressors they don't spend all their time thinking about their repression

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.