[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Ceres.jpg (473 KB, 600x1042)
473 KB
473 KB JPG
Any advice for young Trans people? Aside from "haha kys" you smoothbrains
>>
>>19946451
Just repress and get over it. It doesn't get any better
>>
Read about Dr Powers hrt method
Voicetrain
>>
>>19946451
Try to live a normal life. Get a job, take care of your health, find your own place to live, work on meeting friends you like, be open to love and new experiences.
>>
>>19946451
Dont worry about passing ,no tranny passes IRL.
>>
>>19946451
be kinder to yourself
>>
transition before its too late
>>
>>19946451
define young, hon
>>
>>19946451
Leave this board, and never return.
>>
>>19946519
t. clocks cis women on the street
>>
>>19946451
If you want a trans gf, make sure to do it while you are young, it gets harder with time relative to cis gfs.
>>
>>19946451
The sooner the better
DIY isn't as hard to get as it looks
>>
>>19946588
tons of cis women don't pass
>>
>>19946451
>Any advice for young Trans people?
Do your research and learn how to DIY because fuck cissoids
>>
>>19946451

It will take time to look "put together". Remember, cis people have had all of highschool and middleschool to figure out what makeup/clothes/hair/styles work for them. Almost 10 years. Expecting you to figure all of that out in one year is unrealistic.

And it's not just how you dress up in public- it's maintenance too. A lot of trans people don't realize that hormones will alter what types of dermatological care they should use. Someone who has never washed their face regularly might need to figure out if cetaphil or cerave works for them, and then figure out moisturizers. Someones else might realize that their shampoo texturizes too much or has phosphates that reduces their hair quality. Figuring out personal care is part of a the journey.

I would recommend taking quizzes to know what seasonal palette you are, i.e., deep autumn or clear spring. That will help you find clothing that's more flattering easier.

Remember, this will take time. It's okay to get overwhelmed and frustrated. But it's a beautiful journey of self-love.
>>
File: 20190227_185246.jpg (2.23 MB, 4032x1960)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
>>19946859
I like this !
>>
>>19946451

get off 4chan until you’re confident in yourself. make friends who aren’t trans. have hobbies and interests aside from transition
>>
You might feel you want or need to be out-and-proud or help dispel misinfo about trans people as opposed to being stealth. While there is nothing wrong with that there will come a time when you’re too tired or lazy to keep being Trans 101 to everyone who learns you’re trans.

I’m not suggesting absolutely perfect stealth. Just realize stealth isn’t always hiding from everyone but can be more about just avoiding the bullshit that comes with being people’s “trans friend.” Minimizing your presence goes a long way towards preventing people talking about their “transsexual friend” or introducing you as trans to every mutual friend you meet. Don’t be ashamed about being more reclusive or distant with people who know you’re trans.
>>
haha kys
>>
Don't be afraid to have sex with as much people as you can.

The only thing I regret of my early teenage years is that I was scared and I had less sex than what I could have had.
>>
>>19946597
where can I find trans women? I'm in a large university and I have no idea how to find them
>>
File: screenshot.jpg (136 KB, 1160x726)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
Sure, I guess. Since it's being directly invited, I feel less bad about being cringey lecture time grandpa.

Get yourself to a therapist. You can lie about why, you can pretend it's to make you normal somehow. Therapists are your employees. If you don't like them or they violate HIPAA or they're not helpful, you can fire them, give your parents some excuse about why, and find another. Get some record going of being trans while you're still a baby and then later on you can request them as proof of being a real tran for medical transition if it will help you.

NB people have been around long before tumblr. I was out as trans in 2005 and hanging out in trans community online and in person in 2003. I knew many nonbinary people, some of whom were much older than me, all of whom are still nonbinary now. So if you are NB, please disregard people who act like you are following some trend. Cis people do not know trans history and most trans people yapping about this came out long after I did and also do not know.

Be careful being here. I come here to be nice to people (savior complex, obviously) and mostly because I've been hanging out on other boards for while and drift here. /lgbt/ has a very judgmental and toxic attitude, and if I was coming up and this was my primary outlet for transness, I would think cis people all hate me, I'd never get laid, and I was ugly. Look around elsewhere or take it with a grain of salt.

You don't need an excuse to be what you are or transition the way you need to. If you're gay, whatever. If you don't want some aspect of medical transition, whatever. If you're a trans girl but your aesthetic is soft butch, whatever. Take steps to get closer to the kind of life and body you want even if it' not completely achievable; there is no point in slogging through the shittiness of being trans only to enforce a new set of gendered rules for yourself because other trans people tell you you're too male/fembrained or whatever.
>>
>>19948685
Also, Blanchard is pants-on-head retarded. I know we all like personality quizzes and sorting people, but this dichotomy is fake. Sorry.
>>
Don't become a rapehon
>>
Be yourself, make a successful transition, dont attention whore on boards, keep your literature hobby, be an intelligent person, one thats interesting enough and enjoy life
>>
>>19946451
Yes. Rather than taking estrogen take a course of testosterone and see if you feel better. Levels have dropped so far in recent years that you may find you feel more 'masculine' after and don't need to mutilate your body. Worth a try, surely?
>>
>>19948685
This post has real “tired trans person trying to be optimistic” energy. Glad to see there’s some older trans people on this board.
>>
things will be awful no matter what you do
be realistic about the fact you're not female
be realistic about the fact you're not a man
be proactively involved with your HRT
marry before 30 even if you despise your husband
if you repress, you have to tell your wife before you marry her.
>>
>>19946451
avoid getting transition advice from here (except HRTgen I guess) and avoid getting transition advice from reddit.
search up other sources with some more quality for that sorta information. Dr. Powers' publications are a good start.
>>
>>19946451
to every pre/early puberty transfem
DO VOICE TRAINING
with some basic voice work you may be able to pass pre hrt for a while, especially if you're under 18

also get the ball rolling on getting HRT, most places got silly long waiting lists and bullshit so just getting on that shit will save your ass, DIY may be fun but chances are your parents won't be cool with it
>>
>>19948881
cringe
>>
>>19946451
Transition until you are happy, not until society deems it complete.
You can never please everyone and some will find an excuse to shit on you even if you were to transition down to a genetic level.
Also get prepping because shit is gonna go downhill and it could start getting violent.
>>
>>19948881
>Worth a try, surely?
>>
File: 1617595625797.png (559 KB, 750x547)
559 KB
559 KB PNG
>>19946451
troon out ASAP because if you try to repress you'll troon out later and become a universally hated gigahon
>>
Easy... don’t be a trans. Be normal
>>
File: 1615341838674.jpg (71 KB, 615x645)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>19949513
you will become a father, and grand father
you will lose your dignity anyways, but at least your sons will live long enough to feel disgusted by you
at least your sons will live
>>
File: ansicht_institutsfest.jpg (3.06 MB, 2384x1644)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB JPG
>>19949116
Ha, I guess. Not ancient but definitely a grown-ass man, and came out very young for the time. Any bitter edge is just the disabling PTSD from that, plus distaste for seeing trans people being /less/ good to each other now than about two decades ago.

Things are still terrible in many ways, but for the record, I feel like I'm living in a crazy AU I never would have believed back then. So it's entirely possible the same could happen for you. I just really would like it if no more kids get destroyed by life, thanks.
>>
>>19946451
If amab, DIY bicalutamide right now, 25-50mg daily. A couple of years on it alone while you're looking for the money to add estrogen won't hurt, and it'll stop your bones getting more masculine. It's the single best thing you can possibly do to maxx the quality of the entire rest of your only life.
>>
>>19946451
Check out the regular hrtgen threads for in-depth DIY info
>>
>>19946451
Transitioning is really hard make sure you are surrounded with people who want to bring you up. You'll be doing enough tearing yourself down, also like some other anons said it's best to start HRT asap if you have not already. A therapist can be very useful but therapy isn't for everybody. Try to do everything you can to alleviate your dysphoria while you still can. The fact that you're catching it somewhat early in the grand scheme of things means you have a lot more hope than most for passing if that's something you want to do. Also remember that transitioning is a lot more than just take your hormones. You'll have to voice train, pick up a skincare routine. Stick to a diet and exercise plan and start actually maintaining your hair. More or less don't put the bare minimum effort in and then get shocked and appalled that you got the bare minimum results.
>>
>>19946451
you living a normal life is the greatest polical rebelious thing you can do. Don't do social media activism or read to much into it besides keeping up, cause it will envelope yourlife in just how depressing it can be for others.

It's like being a food security activist, where you look around you and people are starving and you know its hopelessly hard to help the people around you then you find out about africa. It's all veerrrrry overwhelming and weighs on your soul.

WHen you could be making waves by being normal and improving societies view of trans people easily by being normal and disproving transphobes rhetoric of us being nuisances and problems

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.