[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

As things have been lately, looks like they scored another own goal. Wonder what type of aircraft went down this time?
https://twitter.com/igorsushko/status/1661819867941445649
>>
>>58335863
Fake video
>>
commercial passenger liner full of vatniks i hope
>>
>>58335863
They can't be so retarded... can they?
>>
>>58335875
Nigga please.
>>
>>58335863
>Morozovsk
Bizarre own goal given the distance to the frontline. I guess it could be one of those jury-rigged Tu-141 cruise missiles, but the kind of slow burn on the way down doesn't scream "cruise missile" to me.
>>
>>58335955
I concur. Seen countless footage of shot down aircraft from multiple wars and this one for sure is indicative of a bird going down.
>>
>>58335863
what air defense doing
>>
>>58336206
Panicking out of their fucking minds. MALDS spoofs Russian IFF signals regularly, and the crews on these things are A: not trained well enough to distinguish between a dummy signal and the real deal and (FAR more likely) B: aren't given information about incoming friendly flights, because interoperability is a myth only spoken of in whispers in Snowgeria. It's a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing because none of these field commanders talk to each other. As a result, some barely trained mobik that's probably never seen a working computer that isn't running Counter Strike freaks the fuck out and hits the button.
>>
>>58336265
>aren't given information about incoming friendly flights
I'd lean more towards "operate on very strict timetables for when you're allowed to come home": air defense gets told that X aircraft will be coming in along Y course at Z time, and anything outside of that window gets them freaking out.
>>
Just how many Ls can russia take in 24 hours kek
>>
What happened to Bayraktar? This board has been very silent about it.
>>
>>58336389
>he's still assblasted by the turk drone
Too big and too high for the static front, we'll see it again when the offensive rolls and Russia's air defense collapses (again).
>>
>>58336389
its a fucking relatively cheap medium sized drone (thats good at its job) ukies could order way more if they needed them
>>
>>58335863
>air defence shot down something

meanwhile a video shows something on fire but sure lets add context from out of nothing video
>>
>>58335863
What air defence doing??!
>>
>>58336415
Well, the other interpretation is that Russian aircraft are spontaneously combusting mid-flight, so let's cut them a little slack.
>>
>>58336389
It killed a ton of shit in the first few weeks then attrition took its toll, pretty much the same story as all low cost/performance drones.
Seems there are still a few around but they're being held in reserve since deploying them to the front wouldn't accomplish much, and would get them killed.
>>
>>58336415
Yeah, something that's way to high for a cruise missile, outside of range if UA ballistic missiles and too high to be a shahed type drone. It's either friendly fire or one of those Soviet drones converted to kamikaze
>>
>>58335863
>https://twitter.com/igorsushko/status/1661819867941445649
>Russia: Air defense appears to have shot down its own Russian plane near the Morozovsk military airfield in Rostov region.
>>
>>58336415
Are you naturally this dense? or did you have to work at it?
>>
What's the tally for friendly aircraft shot down this month? Must be double digits by now
>>
It was patriot from 300km away
You can't prove me wrong.
>>
>>58336389
They use them for long range thermal scouting from what I understand since direct assaults are difficult with a more prepared air defence.
They can sit at 20km and spot troop movements at 100m up, the western cameras are really nice on them, most of the cost of the drone really
>>
>>58336988
I find it hilarious that in their desperate attempts to stop storm shadow they have all their air defence on a hair trigger and keep shooting their own planes and probably geese kek
>>
>>58335875
It's real
>t. Knower
>>
>>58337028
The spirit of the IRNS Kamchatka lives on.
"Do you see Storm Shadows?"
>>
>>58336206
Su-57 so stealthy air defense thought it was a F-35! They couldn't see it but superior Russian air defenses hit it anyway.
>>
File: 1650987966799.jpg (55 KB, 680x680)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>58336389
>>
>>58336438
>ballistic trajectory
>no secondary debris
>still continues on a ballistic trajectory

i mean ok
https://twitter.com/igorsushko/status/1661828469326778368
obviously its not a plane
>>
>>58337251
Do you propose that UA has ballistic missiles with >300km range?
>>
>>58337303
i dont propose anything anon
look at the video does it seem like its an aircraft on a free fall after it being hit?

we have tons of videos to compare of aircrafts being hit and this isnt one of them
>>
>>58337331
It's probably a big kamikaze drone
I mean, would even russians be retarded enough to shit their own deeps inside friendly territory close to an airbase?
>>
The understanding of the current situation is understood clearly by all parties present and futurly present, if the conditions of the operation continue operating in a condition in a fashion similar to past occurrences, then the implied "implications" imply a strong, efficient, factual response in a matter that necessitate necessary "measures" in earnest that contain and resolve the problematic "problem" professionally and quickly which cannot be stopped by any futile attempts at conducting so called "countermeasures" by our so called western "partners", as they will no doubt make no difference, fail and only showcase the hypocritical hypocrisy of the so called “Collective West”, the Russian population has woken up to this fact is continuing to wake up and will continue to wake up in the long-term, nevertheless the Russian Federation’s Armed Forces advance strategically and efficiently in a all directions, towards Kiev, Berlin, Boris Johnson, Moscow and other strategic locations necessary for a quick “breakthrough” that supports so called “tactical strategies” and “strategic tactics”, it is clearly understood that the Ukraine is trying to achieve a breakthrough in our so called “posterior” regions, such endeavor is senseless as the Russian Armed Forces are trained for exactly meeting requirements that concern striking and pounding posteriors, if our dear “Partners and Friends” in the so called “Washington” continue their relocation of armed equipment and assistance materials, the Russian State will consider such an act of crossing the brown line, management decision support instruments have managed to support a decision through instruments that manage support decisions, as such it is clear that when we have take a hard-line stance, one such as removing our acts of goodwill, the ratio of “manpower” will drastically outweigh Nato’s capabilities and capable force projections that project capabilities beyond their posterior reach.
>>
>>58337355
KEK
>>
>>58337241
Cute. I kind of want one.
>>
>>58336265
>MALDS spoofs Russian IFF signals regularly, and the crews on these things are A: not trained well enough to distinguish between a dummy signal and the real deal and (FAR more likely) B: aren't given information about incoming friendly flights, because interoperability is a myth only spoken of in whispers in Snowgeria.
Not only that, but the radar signatures they can make out are very crude. They have a really tough time to distinguish anything in detail on those Russian shitboxes. This makes the MALDS spoofers extra effective.
>>
>>58337355
topkek
>>
File: 1676633548750720.png (14 KB, 189x101)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>58337331
Nah, this looks exactly like the hit on an aircraft
>muh ballistic trajectory
it ain't a ballistic trajectory. You literally see the thing flying straight and level, then start losing control and descending rapidly. You can see how it slows down after it loses control, likely going into a stall. Hell we've literally seen a similar trajectory recently from a Russian aircraft, this one suffering engine damage rather than a shootdown but the physics is no different https://files.catbox.moe/fac0la.MP4
>>
>>58335909
first day here?
>>
>>58336265
You forgot, Russians are drunk most the time, specially military
>>
>>58337331
>>58337561 (Me)
rather, the fireball without a big old explosion that tears the whole thing apart is what makes it clear it wasn't a cruise missile or the like https://twitter.com/igorsushko/status/1661828469326778368
given that the missile would be low on fuel at this point given the range to the frontlines and, given the altitude it's unlikely it was shot down by MANPADS. Larger SAMs have almost always caused the detonation of the warhead when they hit. Whatever was hit remained somewhat intact after the fireball so it's bound to have been fuel, not the warhead that exploded.
>>
File: 1683755589559204.png (145 KB, 303x319)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>58337355
>Russian Armed Forces are trained for exactly meeting requirements that concern striking and pounding posteriors
>>
>>58335863
It could have been BNR infiltrators with manpads, you know.
Perfect place to set up an ambush
>>
>>58337646
Damn beaners.
>>
>>58335863
Are unified TEL+tracking radar vehicles a mistake?

HARM's home in usually on the fire-control radar, sometimes the search radar (FCR is a higher, immediate threat, and knocking it out disables the whole battery), so many SAM designs NATO, Soviet and Chink have separate, unmanned radar vehicles, to not endanger crew.

But the Buk has the FCR bolted on the manned launch vehicle, so if a HARM comes in the crew is likely killed.

Then again with this design, you have exactly as much tracking-radars in a battery as you have launchers, so it takes way more AGM-88's to knock them out.
>>
>>58338362
Different purposes. I would rather have a battery guarding a stationary rear asset. I would rather have a tracker, mobile TELAR going on the offensive with armored elements
>>
>>58335863
>ziggers so scared of F-16 they shoot down their remaining airforce
lmao

Iran shooting down its own airliner after firing a missile attack on US in Iraq was the previous funniest air defense.
>>
>>58338409
They're denying enemy kills. Just like in my MOBA games
>>
>>58338407
Isn't that the Tunguska though?
>>
>>58338442
Tunguska is vshorad, tor is shorad, buk is medium range.
>>
>>58336389
Why do ziggers think it made them look better if the cheap drone that caused so much havoc early in the war wasn't that good after all?
>>
>>58336389
Excellent observation. I notice shills have no longer to debate 5.56 NATO round! So much for BOOLET!
>>
Finland bought BUK M1 systems, (coded "Ito96" in Finland) from Russia in 1996 and 1997, very very cheply with price of then appr. 158 MEURO, as part of so called "bilateral trade exchange" with Russia and to cover Russians large trade debt to Finland.

In total there purchase cosnisted of 3 divisons of Buk-M1 systems, 18 launcpads, other equipments and 288 pcs of 9M38-missiles.

They were in training use until 2006/2007 and then removed from conscript training and operational use/readiness.

There were even quite offcial comments that these missiles may have weakness regarding possible outside disturbances, by the producing country, however as these have been used to shoot down Russian planes in various conflits, these comments may be doubted? Still there became a major gap in high altitude and missile defence, only partially covered by Air Force´s F18 Hornets and their missles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nIka5FVggs
>>
>>58338362
They are more mobile and the whole system is more survivable because you have a radar for every launcher, which was the original purpose of the Buk, along with the ability to cover more directions at once.

There are systems with much bigger problems like the S-300/400 that houses the main radar operator team inside the primary radar vehicle, basically inviting an ARM to blast their most valuable crew to pieces.
>>
File: 1S91_2K12_VS2.jpg (1.7 MB, 3456x2304)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
>>58338872
Hopefully for those poor fucks this isn't true, I think even the old Kub Straight Flush radar could be dismounted and operated through cable from a c&c truck. Though my memory is hazy on this stuff.
>>
>>58336389
Bayraktar just flew over my house!
>>
File: file.png (641 KB, 1256x710)
641 KB
641 KB PNG
>>58335863
>shooting down aircraft 300km away from the front

Wow, ukies are really brazen! Thankfully our air defense is top notch and got them!
>>
>>58337355
KEK, they do speak like faggots
>>
File: hmm.png (97 KB, 722x436)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>58337331
>does it seem like its an aircraft on a free fall after it being hit?
Do you think all aircraft just instantly stop having forward momentum and start falling straight down when hit?
>>
>>58337186
I got a feeling this is going to be more common.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.