[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1674607513402404.jpg (257 KB, 1440x1071)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
How do you afford to shoot as a hobby, while still having enough time off work to go to the range?
>>
>>56900213
Easy. I shoot like twice a year. And a Range trip costs about 300 dollars
>>
>>56900213
I don't shoot anymore because I'm an unemployed National Guardsmen.
>>
>>56900213
This is the exact type of thinking that leads people to ruin their personal relationships. I hate the hustle lifestyle shit so much. Like I understand staying driven and working for success, but you should never sacrifice work-life balance unless you own the company, because for everyone else you are always some degree of expendable.
>>
>>56900213
why do americans fetishize having 0 free time and being worked like a slave? no wonder shit gets shot up so often
>>
Where im from hunting is a poorfag activity
>>
>>56900324
Being a burnout is badass now.
>>
>>56900249
>hobby
>only participate twice a year
You're like those women who put "i like travel" in their dating profiles, when what they really mean is "i like my annual vacation to europe"
>>
you can have a lot of cheap fun with a .22
>>
>>56900213
I creditmaxxx. it's tomorrow me's problem
>>
>>56900324
Someone's gotta pay for your shitty land wars, Eurofag
>>
>>56900324
Better to die trying to maximize your potential than live mediocre.
>>
>>56900437
>tomorrow me
Heh, that fucking chump bitch
>>
>>56900336
Hunting doesn't fall under shooting. Hunters need to only use a range maybe 2 times a year to take 3-5 shots to confirm zero and it's off to the races. The hobby aspect of hunting is the tracking/pursuit far more than the pulling of the trigger.
>>
>>56900458
What if working your entire life is living mediocre
>>
>>56900458
>maximize your potential
>your maximum potential was to work yourself to the bone to be somewhat wealthy
Fuck that's depressing.
>>
>>56900213
Unless you own the company it: it is your job. It should be neither your life nor personality.
Anyone who tells you different needs to have their workforce unionize and probably beat the shit out of them.
>>
>>56900500
Just get into Sales. It's hard for people on the Chans because they are unlikeable autists. But I only actually work ~20hrs a week, in my early 30's, and make $120k base with bonuses and a company car.
>>
File: 1655061535882.png (393 KB, 680x680)
393 KB
393 KB PNG
>>56900522
Based
>>56900213
>Work yourself to death so I get richer
Maximum pay for minimum effort.
Overtime? Sorry. Today is gym day. Tomorrow I'm in the sauna with my girlfriend. And on Friday I'll meet my old friends and go out a bit.
>>
>>56900538
No, thanks.
>>
>>56900458
>only live when you're too old to work
lol get fucked

over multi-decade timescales there's still a large chance everything you accumulate will evaporate. or you die from something long before you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
>>
File: 1673960043323281m.jpg (168 KB, 853x1024)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>56900213
Prices on guns are actually decent right now, especially the used market.

It's the ammo that's a fucking killer right now. Gotta pay a kings' ransom for 410 these days.
>>
>>56900500
The fallacy of it all is that by the time you're in your 60s with that wealth you worked so hard for, you can't use it for most of the things you were dreaming about in your 20s because of physical limitations due to age. This is why you see boomers go out and blow a bunch of money on a Corvette that they'll never even try to track. They'd have done it in their 20s if they had the car but you won't see them out there now. So it just sits in a garage.
>>
>>56900573
so you don't want solutions, you just want to play the victim. Very modern of you, anon. :)
>>
>>56900538
What kinda sales? Is there a eurofag equivalent of what you do? Id love to work less hours and make decent money.
>>
>>56900613
you need to be a special kind of person to do sales and not want to blow your brains out after a couple of months
>>
>>56900458
Maximizing your potential is not realized by working yourself to death but to build a stable life be it by beeing employed or self employed in order to build a family with a loving spouse. To produce offspring and to knit together a tight social net with neighbors and friends. That way you can organize and build up an armed community get become self reliable and fuck the government in the ass.

Fuck your dystopian career black pill I take my harmony community and freedom pill any day over your shit
>>
>>56900324
mass shooters are typically young virgins that have never even worked before, it's not a sigma grindset thing
>>
>>56900613
wat. I wasn't asking for suggestions, just lamenting the type of thinking that prioritises accumulating wealth as your greatest potential. I chose to maximize my potential by becoming a research scientist and starting a family, so I could help to improve the next generation.
>>
Its not that expensive if you just stick to shooting. I think it costs me around 1000-2000 a year in ammo shooting 1-2 times a month. For contrast my dad drops 800 dollars buying tickets on sale for 2 months of skiing and he can only ski those 2 months a year reliably.
>>
File: 20230119_164539.jpg (1.49 MB, 4160x1392)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
Avoid fagshit indoor ranges that charge you for existing and get a .22 (or a 12 with cheap birdshot)
I'm currently inbetween jobs at the moment so I've had to cut back significantly on range trips, but I used to go weekly. Only thing I need to pay for is ammo and gas
>>
>>56900641
Automotive. I'm sure there is. Maybe try to get in with a TE or Bosch to work with some of the European OEMs. Its honestly a sweet gig. Plus European OEMs are always slow to implement anything so it's probably even lower stakes. US OEMs are always trying to cut corners to shave 3 days off deliveries/deadlines.

>>56900649
The casual drinking, sporting events, and outings definitely help with having a terrible fucking customer.
>>
>>56900213
Theoretically, using a BB or air gun in most situations and saving real guns for a special occasions could cut down the cost.
>>
>>56900681
Ironic that the most recent ones have been old as shit non-virgins.
>>
>>56900681

One of the most famous mass shooter was a vet. He went up into a clock tower or some shit and opened fire on civilians down below.
>>
>>56900669
Ok, but how you’re going to buy a Bugatti with that?
>>
>>56900821
everyone will be forgotten one day
>>
>>56900213
>This faggot again
Must be nice simping for corporate overlords. Bet this guy is a blast at parties.
You work hard to get a decent paying job, and then work a normal amount at that job. But also budget. Maybe don't get the most expensive gun and ammo. If you just want to shoot: go with a .22. Even making 90k I look at 9mm and wince just a little bit and take my 10/22 to the range instead.
>>
Bros. I had no idea how much other people in my position made until I started asking around. Then I went and asked for a $50k raise last month. Five fucking zero. It was approved with basically no discussion. I'm super excited about that but holy shit they really have been fucking me for years. Anyway, what gun should I buy to celebrate?
>>
>>56900848
The word of the day is ostentatious. Something gaudy and loud.
>>
>>56900821
>you will still die in obscurity and you're name will still not be in the history books
Good, everyone in the history books had fairly dogshit lives and are often remembered as either incredibly stupid or incredibly sadistic
If you genuinely value people talking about you hundreds of years after you and your family are dead rather than living a good and enjoyable life, you're fucking retarded
>>
>>56900681
Most mass shooting events before the youngins took over and brought it to school were family annihilation events because the father lost a job or savings or some shit.
>>
>>56900905

Don't touch that dial now, we're just getting started.
>>
>>56900411
So what? Gatekeep all you like, you can enjoy something you only get to do once or twice a year. Like you and bathing.
>>
File: 1673978700623286.gif (237 KB, 480x270)
237 KB
237 KB GIF
>tfw fall for the work hard meme
>2 jobs while going to university for second degree
>maintains 3.6 GPA while
>20 hour days for two years
>develop auto-immune disease from stress
>get cancer
>takes 6 years to recover and now my life is in shambles
Never
Ever
Fall for the hard work meme
>>
>>56900959
>>20 hour days for two years
you mean you only slept for 4 hours a night for two years straight?
>>
>>56900828
you're not going to buy a bugatti through "maximizing your potential". there is no life path where having the kind of disposable income to buy a car like that is a high-probability event.

in simple terms, regardless of what you do it still requires tons of luck to get that much money. grind or slack off, the probability only goes up slightly.
>>
>>56900955
>you can enjoy something you only get to do once or twice a year.
>Get to do
What's your situation like to where you can only go 2 times a year max? Is this a euro thing or are you just that destitute?
>>
>>56900971
Yeah one of my jobs was a night time network auditor so hardly ever slept
>>
>>56900669
>h but to build a stable life be it by beeing employed or self employed in order to build a family with a loving spouse.
that's your own arbitrary definition which nobody else is obligated to give a fuck about. I couldn't care less about a spouse or family.
>>
>>56900458
This only holds water if your work is your absolute passion.
>>
File: 1656637482602.jpg (63 KB, 324x822)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>be 26
>make $87k with a master's degree
>shoot 100 rounds of 25cpr 9mm per week
It's that easy
>>
>>56900213
Lol you must not be a gamer, or computer nerd. Or like cars. Or guitars. Get your shit together poorfag. Every hobby is expensive. Guns are one of the cheapest hobbies with the lowest barrier of entry, you cant buy a current goddamn playstation or xbox car gaming pc etc for what you can get an entry level psa tier ar for. And bullets are measured in cents. Try buying a fucking supercharger or a lift kit faggot, a fucking graphics card maybe. Fuck you.
>>
File: 1654713999128.png (262 KB, 530x678)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
Yes yes goy, you need work harder for mr. schekelberg the IRS during your best years
I fell for this shit and I regret it, only becoming a dad gave me the courage to ditch wage cucking so I can spend more time with my family
>>
>>56900324
SIGMA MALE GRINDSET NO TIME FOR HOES GOTTA GRIND TO SECURE THA BAG YOUR NETWORK IS YOUR NET WORTH ALWAYS HAVE 2 SIDE HUSTLES AND A 3RD LINED UP or something like that. It's the kind of soulless faggy nonsense people like Andrew Tate and his ilk peddle as gospel.
>>
>>56901012
87k with a masters is kind of underpaid anon ngl
I only got an associate's in IT management and made 102 by 29
>>
>>56901012
Bro, $87k isn't something to brag about, especially with a masters. Real inflation from 2020 to now is %15+ Id be asking for a raise
>>
>>56900848
Congratulations!
>>56900862
This.
>>
>>56901036
I make 120k as an assistant manager at Dairy Queen and showed up to the interview high as fuck bro gotta step it up
>>
>>56901036
>>56901057
I have no work experience. I got my masters right after undergrad and graduated during the pandemic when no one wanted to hire.
I'm working on a cert that should help me get a pay bump for sure.
>>
I’m taking the truckingpill
>>
I should know better than to ask /k/ for life advice, but since its a discussion in this thread is an MBA worth it in current year? I say MBA because I'm more geared to people management and processes than I am toward technical, data driven work. I work a comfy entry level job out of college at a company I really like but only make 50k salary and I'm taking up petsitting as a side hustle. Where I live tons of people have pets and plenty of disposible income to travel so it just works out, but I want to increase my salary as well.
>>
>>56901073
Yeah, I get it. The masters should count as a couple years of experience (~4yr) but agreed you're on the right path, Anon. Also that chick you posted is living in my head rent free right now.
>>
>>56900848
Something that counts as an investment? Maybe an NFA item or some expensive piece of milsurp?
>>
>>56901073
Ignore the other anons. I was more or less in your exact situation. You'll get a BIG bump once you make your first jump to another firm. Be sure to be a little greedy though.
>>
>>56900213
>Google Chris Hladczuk
>Some investment banker and writer
>>
>>56901205
Unless you an get to a t15 MBA program they don’t odds-on help you move up
>>
>>56901205
Depends on your industry, to be honest. Things like Banks and Insurance companies seem to value them a fair amount. But outside of that you might not get much out of it.
>>
>>56901205
>>56901336
MBA is just a ticket to participate.
My dad worked with a guy who took night classes at the local state university with a meh MBA program, but once he had the piece of paper he networked and built relationships with the right people to eventually become a VP at Walmart.
So an MBA is only worth it if you can leverage people skills.
>>
>>56901336
>>56901366
>>56901374

Oh I see, thanks for the responses. My field is software implementation, database and asset management.
>>
>>56901488
As long as you continue to build your skillbase in the technical stuff on top of the MBA you'll be competitive.
>>
>>56900213
Why do people become fans of these hack success grifters
>>
>>56901012
>getting paid over 24k with a degree
fake and gay
>>
>>56900988
Damn, checking your hitler dubs out of respect
>>
>>56900213
lmao this fucking bluecheck zogbot wagie

>>56900337
this, having a heart attack before you're 40 is the new hotness
>>
>>56900213
The French beheaded people this soulless at one point.
>>
>>56901142
don't, as someone who almost made that mistake you'll never make anything substantial with it, that industry is comically corrupt only teaching and public office jobs are worse. not even with the rona worker shortage. go into tool and die or welding
>>
>>56900324
Jews convinced them they need boats, sports cars, mcmansions and diamond rings and since jews also sell those things they come at pretty hefty installments.
>>
>>56901299
He’s a quintessential scam artist akin to pic related.
>born into a wealthy family
>everything is handed to him his entire life
>money and connections get him an acceptance letter to Yale
>graduate college and get handed a high paying job that contributes nothing to society
>make even more money by selling idiots get-rich-quick books
I hope he gets pancreatic cancer
>>
>>56900841
You can’t take it with you retard
>60k
>shoots FN factory 5.7
>>
>>56900538
lmao, salesmen are paid by how many customers they bring. your job is essentially pestering others with phone calls and receiving insults and phone hangs every day. also they massively cope of what they do and outright lie to people in order to get as many as they can to work their same miserable occupation. kinda like a crabs in a bucket mentality. i have absolutely no doubt that the numbers you spouted are false, because i worked as salesman and i guarantee it grinds your fucking soul for fucking PEANUTS
>>
>>56900213
Says the guy that only lasted 15 months at Goldman Sachs. Do it for all of your 20s and see what is left of you by the end of it.

American is paying the price for trying to ban bullying. Time was he'd have had his bullshit punched out of him at a formative age.
>>
>>56901921
fucking piece of shit, you and your apologist contrarian ilk oughta hang from trees.
>>
>>56900959
lmao get rekt fucker hope another comes next
>>
>>56901921
>rich daddy's boy
>getting bullied at all
You're a fucking retard, buddy.
>>
>>56901952
Calm down Chris
>>
My dad is an attorney. He has worked 100+ hours a week since getting out of law school in the 80’s. Now he’s partner at a Big Law (TM) firm and makes well over $1 million a year. He’s also one of the most miserable people I personally know.

Meanwhile the happiest person I know works for the National Park Service and makes $30k/year to hike around the Grand Canyon and collect plant samples.

Don’t be a bum, but also don’t waste your youth in the pursuit of money anons.
>>
>>56901628
Don’t care. Going regional, home weekly. I will literally be content to make $1,000 a week I don’t care.
>>
>be 26
>electrical engineer, make $98k
>live in rural area, so COL is low, commute is 5 minutes each way, and I actually like the people around me
>get ~52 days of vacation/sick/holiday per year (variable due to snow days like today), work an average of 32 hours per week as a result
>hours are flexible, so I use vacation time to take off early whenever I feel like it
>enjoy what I do, because I'm designing/building things rather than leeching off of the economy
>buy toys if I want them, go on trips if I want to, but generally don't live high on the hog and still save 2/3 of my income
City slicker silicon valley or finanicial types may make obscene amounts of money, but I would never want to be one of them. I enjoy my life, have hobbies, and get to be outside a lot. After you have enough to live without short or long term financial worries, additional money has exponentially diminishing returns on producing happiness.
>>
>>56900213
Everyone knows the Twitter cap is bullshit that's why we all replied to it.
>>
>>56900213
The checkmark should be where you stop reading
>>
>>56900458
And what have you accomplished with your life?
>>
>>56900681
objectively most mass shootings are
gang related > work related > college and younger
>>
>>56900522
This. You show up at 9, you leave a 5. That's it.
>>
>>56900848
what was the job?
you working at the same company as a software dev for 3 years and forget to ask for a raise/get used by management?
how can you presumably be worth 90k plus and not know it
reminder anon, switch jobs every 3~ years for the maximum pay rate
>>
>>56900324
Americans fetishize working themselves to death in awful jobs with 0 sense of professionalism and work morale.
>>
>>56900324
Because you need to work over 40 hours a week in a vast majority of jobs to get a reasonable amount of pay for the work you do. So people see the only escape from the black hole of poverty to be essentially suicide by work.

You either get comfortable or die trying.
>>
>>56900324
Because I am now in my mid 30s working from home in the middle of nowhere midwest 3hrs/day pulling in $200k. Doing long hours and proving my worth in my 20s paid off, and it wasn't even hard.
>>
>>56901798
>material possessions are a jewish scam

you know what else is a jewish scam: breathing.
>>
>>56900522
Spot on. I work so I can have a house, food, and guns. I don’t work because it’s my life
>>
File: IMG_4253.jpg (2.98 MB, 4032x3024)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB JPG
Dual income, no kids. Mid 30s and work from home, ~140k salary. Minimal CC debt. Own my car and no student loans. Combined household about ~220k.

It takes a long goddamn time and my 20s were a grind to establish my career but it fucking pays off. I only have an associates degree in IT, but I'm outgoing and not a total fucking weirdo like most of you.

I shoot rifle and pistol matches every single weekend. Ammo hurts, this shit is expensive, but it's what I'm into and what I spend my cash and spare time on among other things.
>>
>>56900324
The people who engage in workaholic, "hustle" behavior are miserable and stupid. Your employer doesn't give a fuck about you and if possible, will get rid of you as soon as it is convenient for them. I've seen high performers who worked long hours get laid off right along side people who were doing the bare minimum. For the overwhelming majority of the time, for the overwhelming majority of people, work is what you do so you can have a life outside of that.
>>
>>56902284
>Dual income, no kids
Guns won't take care of you when you're 70 yrs old and alone on the deathbed
>>
>>56901142
studied the industry in business school and actually did work with friends of a major trucking company’s CEO
gonna be real anon, there is more incentive in trucking to automate drivers than in any other industry I have looked at due to the mixture of low margins and extreme trucker dearth
further, the technology for it is already there, there are even full automated semis in operation in Tennessee right now (albeit, private roads with no traffic, the 2nd biggest hurdle)
>they have to legislate it first
0% chance red tape will stop them for long, there is simply too much money in it
unironically a career that will evaporate in a decade’s time if not shorter
>>
>>56902284
>mid 30s, no kids
Grim
>>
>>56902284
>no kids
>Combined household
which cuckold onlyfans does your better half run and how much did your vascetomy cost
>>
>>56901918
Not to mention they’re always one of the very first people to go whenever the economy slightly shits itself.
>unironically trying to enter sales in 2023
lmao
>>
>>56902327
Self driving trucks are a Reddit meme. That shit MIGHT happen in 30 years
>>
This guy is 24 and already giving life advice on twitter

Also this guy is a typical yuppie who followed the most convential path for someone born in jew York. These fucks think they have an extraordinary mind because there cocksuckers of the elite looking to fit in. Fuck you
>>
File: IMG_4154.jpg (2.22 MB, 3024x4032)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB JPG
>>56900213
>How do you afford to shoot as a hobby
Easy. The wife and I mostly use 177 & 22cal pellet rifles to shoot 22 steel spinner targets and have a lot of fun for minimal $$$.
Aside from that, I mostly do weekly shotgun sports, but that even adds up to quite a bit of money when I blow off 100 12ga each time.
But shooting isn't really a poor-man's hobby if you want to do it a lot, it's going to cost you once you go beyond pellet rifles and 22lr. Once the main surplus ammo supply dried up, shooting centerfire anything stopped being cheap.
>>
>>56902344
Not if you're not an insecure little bitch like you. But enjoy being a broke, shitty parent without the mental or emotional maturity to raise kids.
>>
>>56902405
Wow, how secure you sound after I made my little comment!
>>
>>56902362
give me further arguments
not asking for source or anything, I want to know your reasoning as
>automated vehicles exist and work well enough
>there’s a dearth of truckers, but the low margins of the business don’t allow wage increases to hire more and people seem reluctant to become truckers
>yet there is still a huge demand for it
it seems like a perfect storm tbqh, although I do fear I’m being too futurist in regards to tech I don’t actually know about (although once again, it does seem to exist)
>>
>>56902422
Nigger, you, a childless incel, decided to post unprompted about how it's grim to not have kids in your 30s. Nobody made you do that.
>>
>>56902434
Automated vehicles don’t work well enough. That is my argument. This is the same shit as people in the 60s saying we’d have jet packs by now. And how would automation kill the industry? Did autopilot cause a mass layoff of pilots? Even if automated trucks become more common, there will still need to be a human to guide that bitch into loading docks and through towns
>>
I get to go shooting like once a month, and that’s only because I handload. Almost out of primers though.
Most of my money goes to rent.
Being a worthless autistic ball of anxiety sucks bros.
>>
>>56902315
Go to any nursing home and ask how that plan worked out. I have never understood this mindset. The most narcissistic idiotic thinking pattern imaginable to even argue that point.

>>56902344
I've planned on adopting my entire adult life. Wife and I are about 2 years out from starting the process. Funds and prepwork are stacked already. Going to instill values as fuck.

>>56902347
Both corporate jobs. But while were on the topic:
>bitches do literally nothing except be hot
>get paid by losers and take retards money via onlyfans
>people are mad about it

lol. I really don't understand why anyone gives a fuck at all. Purely from an objective standpoint - getting paid alot to do hardly anything that doesnt really require any skillset is pretty wild when you think about it.
>>
>>56902434
Automated (i.e. driverless) vehicles do not by any means work well in real world road and traffic conditions. The best trucking could hope for in the nearer term is trucks that can be driverless on freeways (not even just highways) with last mile drivers.
>>
>>56900458
Greedy CEO hands typed this
>>
>>56901013
>Guns are one of the cheapest hobbies with the lowest barrier of entry
For buying the gun sure. For ongoing costs no.
>you cant buy a current goddamn playstation or xbox car gaming pc etc for what you can get an entry level psa tier ar for. And bullets are measured in cents.
Now compare hours or use for the two. Yeah a new console and some games might cost twice as much as a gun and 1000-2000 rounds, but you’ll likely spend many more hours on the former.
>>
>>56902145
please bro don't do this to yourself. It's not worth it for ~$28k/year. they're going to assfuck you harder than an epstien girl on the last day she's under 18
>>
File: 1665377586021.png (253 KB, 900x900)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
>>56900213
>why are guns such an expensive hobby?
Idk, its not that expensive
>be PA resident
>get $20 hunting permit
>this grants me yearly access to state game lands ranges
>i live 15 min from a state game lands range
>i work from home
>can just leave to go to the range whenever i want
>the walmart right next to me sells 22lr ammo, 325rds for $21
>I like using my surpressed keltec p17
Lets say I get tired after shooting 10 16rd magazines, and go to the range 4 times a month. An entire year of doing this will cost me ~$550
Of course i shoot other stuff besides 22lr but if i wanted to i could shoot about every week and it wouldnt cost that much
>>
>>56900324
They dont and thats not what the tweet is about. That tweet is about you setting yourself up by grinding through college and grinding through gradschool and then grinding out the first 5-10 years of your profession so that you end up sorted by your early to mid-30's

If you have a quantum of ambition thats what you do. But you wouldent know that as you're useless.
>>
talk to car guys if you want some perspective. this shit is cheap by comparison.
>>
>>56902535
Regional drivers at my future company make $50k on average I’ve talked to a few. Sorry you had a shitty experience wherever you went
>>
>>56902463
>how would automation kill the industry
assuming near full automation, very easily as gas+electricity < same+salary
however I wouldn’t be advocating for full trucker destruction in a small time scale, but it would decimate their demand/hours
off the top of my head you could have semi nearby depos accepting the automated truck, as a local trucker then guides it from there, potentially making several comparatively short trips as that’d be cheaper than hiring more driving long distances
in this instance a singular trucker may be driving the same hours, but the point is that there would be less truckers in total
this argument is akin to cashiers/secretaries being decimated by automated checkout/copiers respectively
did it completely remove that working industry? No, but like the horse and the car, it decimated it
>>56902472
they already exist in a limited capacity, waymo, baidu, etc have them with companies like GM applying for licenses
granted, they aren’t widespread, on interstates, or trucks, but that doesn’t seem so significant a leap
>>
>>56902468
he doesnt even deny beeing a cuckhold
oh the hubris mr PucklesMcSnuffles
how did /r/guns updoot your galil?
>>
File: 7-gscr16nmt_a.jpg (49 KB, 800x800)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>56902619
please at least tell me that you're taking your class A on your own dime and not signing a 24 month training contract
>>
>>56902355
also couldn't possibly be a less useful life skill then "lying to people on the phone"
>>
>>56900828
why would I want a Bugatti when my Ford gets me to anywhere I want to go?
>>
I bought land several years ago and then waited to get a house on it, so I'd have a place to shoot. I'm in retail management. Hellacious job but great pay and great job security because most people suck ass at it. I clear almost 70k a year and I'm not even a store manager yet.
>>
>>56902468
>I've planned on adopting my entire adult life
You got snipped early on, huh
>>
>>56902739
12 months with an option for a $3,000 buyout ;)
>>
File: ageinggracefully.png (382 KB, 1080x816)
382 KB
382 KB PNG
>>56902307
>>56902576
lmao could you suck jewish dick any harder mutt?
>work 100hrs per week for 20 years so that you finally have free time when you're 40 years old, bald, wrinkly and ugly and your back and knees hurt and everyone you went to school with is married with kids
>be that bald glasses-wearing basedboy wearing a button up shirt and a big wide-brimmed gay hat on the tour surrounded by kids 22 years younger than you. go and make small talk with the fat retiree boomers because the young people are too embarrassed to interact with you and don't acknowledge that you exist
>watch the youth you never had get lived out by others in such an innocent carefree manner and feel that overwhelming sense of regret knowing that all you did with your youth was increase the quarterly profits of a dead old man who handed his company over to his faggot son who spent his youth partying

you know what old people say were the best times in their lives? when they were young

no one, and I mean absolutely nobody says that their mid fucking 30s is the prime of their lives except for red pill grifters like richard cooper
>>
>>56900600
They should think if they really want that Corvette in the first place, or if there is some other psychological need and marketing shills just use psychological manipulation to make them want those cars.
Life is better when you can enjoy simple things in life.
>>
>>56902730
lol. man, theres so much more to life than trying to be as shitty and awful as you can at every step to strangers. Maybe if you experience happiness some day you'll have a point of reference to cling to. The only stuff I know about OnlyFans is from memes, and I have a bud that has a channel for advanced ammo reloading and thought it was funny to make it OnlyFans.

>>56902847
Nah, still shooting swimmers. One of my best friends and best people I know growing up were adopted and it stuck with me. Someone that could have just been another statistic in the system but was given a second chance and turned out to be a great person and positive part of everyone around them resonated in me.
>>
>>56902939
>you know what old people say were the best times in their lives? when they were young
adding to that, one of the most common regrets people have on their death bed is working too hard
>>
>>56900828
If somebody gave me buggerati I would just sell it.
>>
>>56900324
You try living under the thumbs of Jews who 24/7 dump billions into demoralizing your nation and extracting all the money possible. America is the great Satan I finally understand now
>>
>>56902939
source: my ass and a funny meme pic
>>
>>56902989
>posts his shitty lifestyle on 4chan
>gets roasted by multiple anons
>S-s-s-top beeing so mean guys!
the recent influx of redditors wasnt the best one...
>>
It's all about the job you take up. I'm blue collar and make a casual Killing overcharging single mothers for replacing a wax ring under their toilet. Did three last week and charged $104.45 if they were nice and $150 if they stood over me the entire time commenting.
>>
>>56903047
Nigga I been here since boxxy and jessie slaughter. Calm down
>>
>>56902576
i BEG anyone who ascribes to that shit to come back and post when they've "got their shit sorted" and post the list of chronic health issues they've developed and let us know how worth it it was
>>
>>56903074
are those your reddit handles ?
>>
>>56903078
The only chronic health issues I've gained from 19-34 are a fucked up knee from running. Prioritizing fitness and health during all that grinding is CRUCIAL or you'll likely end up with hypertension and a zoloft prescription at 30.
>>
>>56903125
Based and true
Glad the bastards didnt get much of your parts anon
>>
>>56902576
Enthusiastic (if unworldly) teens think you can do it, you generally can't, life doesn't work like that. I somewhat did that myself but nothing gets "sorted" at all.
>>
>>56903074
Better days
>>
>>56902258
I fucked around in my 20s and wouldn't get out of bed for $200k. I assume you have no intention of trying to raise a family.
>>
File: 1673991795314698.jpg (53 KB, 403x403)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>56902939
>Be me
>Mid 20s
>Hasdegree
>Hasguns
>Hasgf
>Has 100k/y work from home job

I'm posting this while laying in bed and slacking off from work at the moment, work maybe 2-3 hours a day.
Are you really sure it's the world that's wrong and not you?
Maybe you should reevaluate your life choices instead of blaming others for your own failures anon.
>>
>>56903297
which coast?
>>
So this thread now is about anons bragging about their well paid fulfilling and time laxed jobs? I thought they were kept isolated on /tv/
>>
>>56903320
Switzerland.
>>
File: 1673637615608442.jpg (407 KB, 1000x1000)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
>>56903343
If only the /pol/ tourists weren't so autistic about their "red pills" then maybe this place could be more normal
Instead, we have to deal with shills who would rather screech autistically about Jews and neetbux instead of improving themselves a little
>>
>>56900213
I don't have any ammo left other than .22 and 12ga and I genuinely don't remember when was the last time I went shooting
>>
>>56903349
lmao
>>
>>56903318
post payslip, guns and girlfriend with timestamp

this shouldn't be hard for you you're just slacking off work right lol

can't wait to see how you deflect this
>>
>>56902989
>One of my best friends and best people I know growing up were adopted and it stuck with me.
Why the fuck would that make you determined not to have actual kids? I feel like you're not telling the whole story here.
>>
>>56902315
Someone hasn't been paying attention lmao
You're in for a rough surprise whether you like it or not
>>
>>56900213
I don't care about having a mediocre career. I make six figs (barely) working from home and have around a million net worth including stonks, crypto, and house. That's plenty to support a stay at home wife, 2 kids (so far), and still go to the range every other week or so. Could I job hop and make more? Yeah. Could I work retard hours and become a product manager? Probably. But I'll pass, happy where I'm at.
>>
>>56903426
>>
>>56903429
Spoiler: his wifey doesn't want to go through pregnancy or birth and the only way they get to have kids is by adopting a Somalian
>>
File: 1669140734166949.jpg (117 KB, 790x1024)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
just live a happy life anon and improve the lives of the people around while you are at it
>>
>>56903516
his best friend is also his wifes boyfriend
>>
>>56900213
I rather spent my life on welfare and in poverty than spending 70% of my weekly time in a place I hate with people I hate doing shit I hate.

Art supply is cheap, drawing is my passion and I can fulfil my hobby as much as I want every day. Nobody will seize a bunch of pens and A3 paper even if I do have to make debts or bankrupt again for a year or two. My bank account is a non-garnishment account already, nobody can touch me. I never have to go hungry, live on the streets or do anything to pay for my life since people like you gladly take care of it. And before you ask, yes I did my masters degree in CS (internet security focus) and worked as a network security specialist in a system house for 3 years before dropping everything and going back to my comfy neet-lifestyle.

It's also illegal for them to take my phone and I can argue I need it for job applications. Basically my day is 50% drawing / arts / craft and 50% Shitposting on 4chan. I love every moment of being free.
>>
>>56903429
>>56903516
Not trying to have kids until closer to 40. I didn't want any for the longest time, but after watching my nieces and nephews grow up it changed my mind a bit.

Late 30s pregnancies theres a high chance for a retard - no fucking thanks. Also lots of hwhite options, adopting Somalians are for celebrities and fucking idiots.
>>
>>56900213
By not being poor.
By buying wisely and not beyond your means.
By understanding you don't need safe queens.
By understanding excessive hobby investment is bikeshedding therefore retarded.

>>56903468
That's far from mediocre IRL.
>>
>>56903564
>I've planned on adopting my entire adult life
>I didn't want any for the longest time
8/10 b8
>>
>>56903564
So you're adopting because you had a weird fascination with your friend's adoption, or because you retardedly waited too long?
>>
>>56900324
Reagan era hurr durr muh bootstraps boomer fundie mentality
>>
>>56902284

>Has cc debt......
>>
>>56900538
Sales is a kind of job where you make it by kissing ass or scamming grannies all day long. Doesn't make your point less valid, autists can't do that kind of thing
>>
>>56900458
>>56900989
>>56902220
>>56902284
>>56902468
>>56903564
And the Goodest Goy Award goes to….
>>
>>56903297
I have a wife and kid.
>>
>>56900538
I'm literally on the spectrum and I did fairly well in a full commission sales position since I've spent a good chunk of my life trying to figure out how to interact with people instead of riding on instincts others have and also being inured to worrying if strangers thing I'm weird or annoying.
>>
>>56903848
I did this too and developed sociopathy
>>
>>56901012
My wife is a nurse and makes 120k a year.
>>
>>56901028
Picture ruined with Alex Jonestein.
>>
>>56900213
I simply live extremely cheaply outside of gun shit. Maybe spend 20k a year on all living expenses combined so everything else goes into shooting. So I can afford it on 30hr a week.
>>
>>56903570
I'm 33, been doing this for ten years, not some kid straight out of college. People who wanna hustle and have zero life other than making money in the same field make more than me. I just don't wanna do that.
>>
>>56901488
My advice would be to look internally at the company and see who has MBAs and their positions. Or literally just ask your boss his thoughts on it, he probably has the most relevant insight into how it would help you assuming you're sticking with the company for a while

The other MBA advice I've gotten is that unless you're going to some really prestigious program that people will recognize by name (which are really fucking expensive), any no name school MBA will be fine. Unless you're rubbing shoulders with people that are going to make a company and a fuck load of money (or that's your plan and want to meet people to help your goal), for most it will just be a stamp on their resume that you can leverage for a $25k salary increase or something. That's basically my plan because my company will pay for it. Just get an easy resume stamp and internal policy in my position is ill automatically get a decent salary bump just for having it
>>
My advice to any white collar anons is have literally zero "loyalty" to your company whatsoever. Making more money is all about changing jobs every 3-5 years or so. I left a job last year for a significant salary increase, but when I actually got into it they were expecting 50+ hours a week on top of other bullshit they didn't explicitly state in the interview. I immediately applied to another job that I got that is max comfy and super good benefits (although less total salary but I think it was well worth it). So it's not all about chasing a higher paycheck, you gotta have some respect for your free time. Anyways the super corpo job I left after literally 3 months basically just paid me to be trained, didn't do any real work in that time, and it was a "client facing" job. They were absolutely seething when I put in my 2 weeks and kept asking where I was going and that they needed more notice and I just completely stone walled them and refused to answer lol
>>
File: meme valet.jpg (154 KB, 588x1000)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>56904367
I work for a shit corporate company too, can confirm they are all garbage. Problem is that when you do this too much you start to affect your chances of landing future jobs. If they see you've jumped around to a dozen places in 5 years they'll question how long you plan to be with them and likely not offer you the job. This strategy only works for a while, ideally you find somewhere half decent and once you've got a bit of time in, look to move around WITHIN the company so you don't lose any perks that come with seniority (i.e. more vacation).
>>
>>56904367
Wish I could job hop but I have a 6-7 figure bonus over my head if I get the project Im on to market.
>>
I think this is a good place to remind you dumbfucks that infodumping about guns, war, and history at work is a really bad fucking idea nowadays. Every year we get some autistic retard bawwwwwing here about how he got interrogated by HR and glowniggers for excessive public autism with guns. Don't let it me you.
>>
>>56902468
Oh my God. You're actually impotent and defend only fans. You're a walking meme.

No, it's not wild, prostitution is called the world's oldest profession for a reason.
>>
>>56904472
You're the turd who shits up milsurp threads aren't you
>>
>>56904499
You're an unemployed neet are you?
>>
>>56904472
I never talk about my life or politics at work, and I am not a faggot so I have no social media stuff.

But I am a white male so I'm already in their crosshairs, which is why I give them zero ammunition. Basically I'm the token white guy now, maybe HR mandated they need to keep one around while the rest of the staff can be pajeets/arabs/etc
>>
>>56904430
This is true to an extent, you can't do it too often, this was mainly for younger anons where it is more acceptable and who want to get to a decent pay rate that you can be comfortable with for a while. That being said, it's all about how in demand your type of job is and how well you can bullshit an interview. My buddy is a specialized type of engineer (still working white collar desk jobs though) in his late twenties and has had probably 5 different jobs in the past 8 years lol. He is very smart and can absolutely nail an interview
>>
File: bruh.jpg (80 KB, 1106x1012)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>56902468
>Going to instill values as fuck.
>>56902468
>lol. I really don't understand why anyone gives a fuck at all. Purely from an objective standpoint - getting paid alot to do hardly anything that doesnt really require any skillset is pretty wild when you think about it.
So the values you will instill to your adopted mixed children are to be a slut?
You are Reddit incarnate at this point.

"Instill values as fuck"
Jesus you are cringe man, like damn.
>>
>>56904515
No. I have talked about guns pretty freely for the year I have been employed at my current workplace, nobody cares
>>
>>56904493
>No, it's not wild, prostitution is called the world's oldest profession for a reason.
NTA but it's worse than prostitution, yet there are losers going to pay their hard earned money for a picture of pussy or some shit.
>>
>>56901366

I work in insurance and a fair amount of my coworkers have MBAs that were a waste of time because they're still in their dead-end job making maybe 60k before taxes.
>>
>>56902468
I'm glad you don't have kids. Hope you get denied adoption too.
>>
>>56902468
You're unironically sterile aren't you. At best your wife is.
>>
>>56900848
>50k raise
Jesus Christ anon were they paying you a salary below the poverty line? What fucking field of work are you in?
>>
>>56903738
anon its really not that weird. you've been tricked by schizophrenics on 4chan into thinking having any debt whatsoever ruins you for life.
>>
>>56904659
he's obviously lying, if he has to ask for a raise then he's not in the kind of job where they'd pay him $50k, let alone add that to his salary
>>
>>56900848
What the fuck anon. Were you sold into literal slavery?
>>
>>56904472
I have never gotten in trouble for talking about Iron Age or early modern history at work.
>>
File: me all of 2014.webm (2.97 MB, 1920x1080)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB WEBM
>>56900213
>why are guns such an expensive hobby
because of boomers and faggots hoarding ammo like its toilet paper since obama was elected
>>
>>56904472
I carry a gun to work. My boss walked in on me and my coworker showing each other our CCs and nothing happened. Eat shit
>>
>>56901013
>Or guitars
>gibson niggers legitimately think a plank of wood and some magnets with wire wrapped around it is expensive
>>
>>56904751
You’re fucking retarded
>>
>>56904773
2bh this all Drumpf's fault
>>
>>56901013
>buy PS5 + online shooter
>$650 or something after taxes
>8-100+ hours of engagement
>buy PSA AR and 500 rounds of cheap ammo, range fee, and targets
>$650ish
>5 hours of engagement max
>buy new game at $70
>8-100+ more hours of engagement
>buy $70 worth of ammo
>1 hour of engagement

>buy a new console every 5 years, $500
>buy new gun every 3 years, $500-2000
Time vs money spent, guns are WAY more expensive.
>>
>>56903476
>no payslip
>no gf
>22lr

Lmao
>>
>>56904773
yes, the world is running out 5.45, its not just sitting in the basement of some AK nigger that never shoots anyhow
>>
>why guns expensive
Government regulation causing a bottleneck in competition and innovation. Guns aren't inherently expensive.

I could make a single-shot 12 gauge and sell it for less than $70 and only spend 4 figures on tooling. Every city in the US could have a guy like that cranking out super cheap guns in an online business. The problem is that FFLs are expensive and difficult to obtain, taxes force prices to be jacked up, and transfer+background check fees add a flat price increase that would be a large percentage of the total price of the gun anyway.

Then you have bullshit like the NFA which keeps firearm development in a box. PDWs would be a massive portion of the firearms market for HD if not for SBR registration, and more importantly the full banning of mew machine gun ownership. That artificially inflates demand towards the saturated AR-15 market and strangles migration towards different options.

Even ammo isn't safe. Profiting off ammo sales requires an FFL as well, and laws are in place that prevents you from making primers without a license. The primer shortage is almost entirely due to the fact that you need a lot of very expensive people on your payroll to make and sell them. Powder is the same.

You're left with a market that only has a few dozen entities capable of entering the market with taxes and fees artificially raising prices. If left to its own devices, the firearm market would see Glock-quality pistols for less than $200, sub-10c 5.56 and 9mm, and even something like a semi-auto .50 BMG could be had for $2000.

TL;DR, it's 100% the government's fault.
>>
>>56904911
like this guy said,
Games on PC are probably the cheapest hobby and investment comparatively speaking to things like cars, guns, etc. You can build a 1.5k PC and spend endless hours playing games and buy dozens of good games for a few hundred bucks on a Steam sale and have literal thousands upon thousands of hours to waste.
>>
>>56904980
>If left to its own devices, the firearm market would see Glock-quality pistols for less than $200, sub-10c 5.56 and 9mm, and even something like a semi-auto .50 BMG could be had for $2000.
>TL;DR, it's 100% the government's fault.
God I wish this were reality.
>>
The fuck’s up with all these lazy ass niggers on here nowadays? Redditors or shitskins?
>>
>>56905044
Seething kike
>>
I would shoot more in the winter if the sun didn't set between 4 and 5 pm. Otherwise I'm limited to weekends in the winter, and take advantage of day light in spring, summer, and fall.
>>
>>56905044
I call them "perpetual mental teenagers". Basically, they've aged into the legal gun ownership range but are still stuck in the edgy 15yo mindset. The rest are extremely retarded and gay average /fa/ users. The kind too weak to form their own personality so they need to buy some overpriced aesthetic off the shelf. All of these have yet to experience any real serious consequences for their weaponized autism IRL, but it's coming sooner or later given their piss poor risk calculation abilities, a hallmark of vain mental cripple syndrome (aka ass-burgers).
>>
>>56904989
>Games on PC are probably the cheapest hobby
>not retro gaming
Even potato tier devices are powerful enough to run highly accurate emulators these days, and full ROM sets (ie every known game ever made) for every cartridge based console up to the Game Boy Advance will fit inside 32 GB.
>>
>>56900213
Work to live; don't live to work.
>>
>>56900213
I focus on getting REALLY good at one thing, I'm primarily a handgun guy. Compete, go to classes, and train others as well. If I spent money on precision rifles, AR stuff, shotguns, etc I wouldn't have the funds to focus on ONE thing. So I suggest people pick on particular gun thing to focus on in order to save money.

>>56900249
Range trip is free for me (well besides gas). I go to the desert. I do spend like $150

>>56900432
this. I use a conversion kit to help with my training for my handguns and AR

>>56900694
Depends on how much of a hobby shooting really is to you. Going once a month to shoot is hardly what I consider a hobby. I have way more free time than one day a month.

>>56901013
Guns are NOT a cheap hobby lol wtf. Maybe if all you plan on doing is buying a Canik or a 22lr and shooting it once a month. If you REALLY get into them, either from a collector/tactical gucci standpoint, or as a competitor, we're talking hundreds and thousands of dollars. The average high level competitor shoots like 200k a year. Using a press, that's like 75k worth of ammo. Not even counting the 5k dollar guns.

>>56902218
Because the media makes it look cool. And the kikes who own the media, also happen to own the business people work in.

>>56902284
If you have no kids, you have no skin in the game. You're just a consoomer who will die and leave nothing.

>>56902391
Pellet guns are also very helpful for getting in trigger work.

>>56902455
Not him, but I have kids in my 30s, 4 and working on more. Choose a fit and high IQ woman, and it makes raising children much easier when your woman and you are on the same page and she has young woman energy.

>>56902467
I feel you on that man.

>>56904525
LOL the state of modern white men. Walking on eggshells 24/7, holy shit. Pathetic.

>>56904751
This definitely HAD a lot to do with it. Now the prices are artifically inflated. But yes, boomers definitely hoard ammo like if they're the main protagonists of a movie
>>
>>56900649
My father's coworker had a way of dealing with situations like that.
He said whenever he had a rude customer, he would want to SELL him something.
He wanted to sell him as much shit and take as much of his money as he could.
>>
>>56904685
Not them but I depending on what he does they'll hire in at the lowest price you'll let them and give up to x% raises every year unless you ask for more and get approved. He could be doing something at a desk in a big city for 80k whereas everyone else makes significantly more.
>>
File: 1674591231171715.jpg (1.57 MB, 1075x1380)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB JPG
>>56903557
Holy giga mega based
>>
>>56900213
"career" is newspeak for "Shekelmans's profit margin".
>>
>>56902537
>game lands ranges
Lol enjoy your 3 rd mag limits
>>
>>56900213
I make around $200k a year and live on 50 acres that I shoot on.
I still mostly shoot 22 LR.
>>
>>56905710
>listening to the rules when the game wardens are never there
lol
>>
>>56900213
Because your hobby is buying guns and not actually training with them, otherwise you'd complain about the cost of training. Maybe don't have your hobby be buying the equipment itself but actually use the equipment instead?
>>
File: 1592591826610.png (298 KB, 491x491)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
>>56903557
>>
Are most people just really stupid or really lazy? Or both? Don't be poor, its gross.

I work around 20 hours a week and make about 100k a year. I could double my salary but I'd also double my workload. GF works more like 50 hours a week and also makes about 100k a year. Shooting every 1-4 weeks more often in the summer when its nice out is 100-200 dollars each time. Call it 5,000 dollars a year at max or a bit over 400 bucks a month. I typically budget 1000 a month but that includes new guns and gear too. That's still cheap much compared to a hobby like cars, boats, skiing or travel.
>>
The idea of our system as a Meritocracy is largely bullshit and 99% of the time people get where they are because of good birth/life circumstances (even shit we often take for granted, for starters being born in the first world) and just getting plain lucky. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't work hard/smart and have ambitions, it means that no, you in fact are not a subhuman for not being a mega millionaire with 30 bugattis like these vampires would have you believe (and they need you to believe it since it's what keeps them in power).

That being said, I live below my means and keep my expenses low, and am well wary of anything that requires loans or has runaway costs. I work a day job and a hobby-turned-night job that both pay well, and still get to keep my weekends if I want to go out and shoot. Moving into my 30's and 40's I'm going to be set and loaded and I well recognize that a very significant portion of that has more to do with connections, the generosity of others, and good ole' inheritance rather than having spent my 20's being le epick sigma grinder, up yours woke moralists
>>
>>56900458
Nah, the harder you work, the larger the cut the government will get.
I would totally work 10x harder if there was a ceiling on how much the government can get from you.
>>
>>56903557
Ascended tier.
>>
>>56906937
You're either lying or your parents set you up to live this way
>>
>>56906937
>>56907211
Ah, the duality of man.
>>
>>56900213
I gross ~$55k/yr, doing 60-70hrs/wk. Im still poor as fuck, but can still budget for 2-3 new gats a year, with monthly trips to the range. Just nabbed a 590 shockwave for shits and giggles last week.

Look at your credit card reward points and see what you can use that for to save some extra money where you can.
>>
>>56900597
.410 shells are expensive to buy but stupid cheap to reload. All you need to get started is
>shot
>powder
>primers
>wads/cards (follow your load data)
>a shell holder
>a mallet
>a wooden dowel
>a punch (for knocking out the primer)
>socket or metal tube (for seating the new primer)
All of this for less than $100. You shouldn't expect great shell-to-shell consistency doing it all with improvised tools, but it does work.
>>
>>56900458
This is boomer propaganda to trick the millennials to work harder so the boomers can enjoy their retirement in peace before kicking the bucket.
>>
Americans are total workaholics but the quality of their work is still shoddy anyways.
>>
>>56900460
Kek
>>
>>56900458
Yep, working a 9-5 job for 20 years in some cubicle or whatever is definitely maximizing your potential.
Be sure to put in lots of overtime too! Maybe the CEO Goldstein will finally be able to afford his sixth beach home!
>>
>>56903759
Not true, I do product development. I work with my customer from a technical aspect to make sure the products we develop meet their requirements for the next 15 years and in return they make sure our products get in their designs.
>>
>>56900213
>buy firearms with good precision potential
>don't waste money on meme guns
>reload your own ammo because factory ammo is shit
>get good

Seriously I don't get why people always skimp on the gun and glass when the most expensive part of shooting is the ammo. If you have good glass on a good rifle then all you really need is to dial in a load for that rifle until you hit sub moa precision. I found that once I achieved that, I went from shooting 200 rounds a trip to only needing 40 rounds per trip to hit the same number of targets.
>>
>>56907951
A 9-5 in a cubicle is precisely the opposite of maximizing your potential. That's the kind of job you end up with if you are a mediocre man living a mediocre life.
You idiots keep hearing "Use your time well and work hard" and think that means "work hard at job". Your Job, if you're mediocre enough to even need one, should NEVER be your primary or main source of income. If your job is the main means by which you make money then you have already failed the game of life, because time and energy that would otherwise be spent improving yourself and developing useful marketing skills is now indeed banging your head against a wall for your boss to avoid his new shiny supercar.
Be an entrepreneur, make connections, look for ways to generate additional sources of income. Look for shit to sell. Things to flip. Investments to make. Educate yourself and focus (You don't even need to shell out money to a university to do this, information is free nowadays and you can easily find it). Worm your way into every crack and crevice and 100% optimize your day. Take risks. Big risks. Just put yourself out there, this is what it means to be a real human. Naturally it's impossible for lazy "people" and autists to do any of this, instead preferring fleeting comforts and copes like we see in this thread.
But you didn't want to leave your comfort zone. You were afraid of taking risks, afraid of gambling, too attached to what little you had because you wanted security and safety. You have gotten, and will continue to get, exactly what you deserve: Slavery.
>>
File: IMG_20220924_161647.jpg (1.49 MB, 3000x3000)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>56900213
They really aren't that expensive. I've been deeply into guns for 10 years and I've got a nice collection of cool guns and good/useful guns and I'm in less than 20k all told. Guns aren't really that expensive if you buy smartly and don't just
>OH EHM GEE THE NEWEST GLOCK BRAND GLOCK MUST BAI
>>
>>56900213
It didn't used to be this expensive. Leftists created panic with authorization lockdowns, then created more panic with nationwide race riots and increasing crime rates, and then Democrats banned cheap Russian ammo. And collapsed the economy and created food shortages causing fear of a genuine SHTF scenario
>>
>>56902939
whats with u faggot constantly worshipping "relationships" with women? just do ONS or pay escorts. no reason to whore yourself out for women.
>>
>>56902939
pic was my early 20s to a T and I hated every year of it. wanted to kill myself every day. thank god I got out of it
>>
>>56903557
Absolutely based, you inspire me anon
>>
>>56900500
There's ways to do it. I joined a reserve military unit, the extra money is nice, improved myself tremendously, got a nice tour bonus and I've done over ten years. Its a hobby I get paid to do basically and its been well worth the extra time.
>>
>>56900213
Because I have work life balance.
>>
>>56900306
Not only their relationships but their health too. I know some people that tried to pull 100 hour weeks and thought themselves real badass until they busted their backs or fell asleep at the wheel and are now disability tards. Work smarter not harder. Faggots like Mike Rowe or whoever this twitterfag is don’t work real jobs and don’t give a fuck about you.
>>
>>56909166
I knew a guy doing 70-80 hour weeks and yeah, it fucked with him. Muscle pains, headaches, generally feeling like shit. He's come down to 40 hour weeks and Ll those problems disappeared in a few months.
>>
>>56909238
Cousin worked like.80 hour weeks because he was a dumbass and spent all of his money and didn't do anything for 8 months then realized he needed a job. Was bragging about all the overtime he was getting. Fell asleep on the job and got fired lol.
>>
>>56908191
>gun "collection"
>every gun is a piece of shit
>20k in guns
Those are rookie numbers my guy. A good fighting rifle with LAM and supporting NV/thermal would be 20k for just a basic setup. It's like comparing guys building Honda civic shitboxes to street race vs. guys racing Indie.
>>
>>56909278
Simple solution don't be a LARPer
>>
>>56909297
You can only shoot one gun at a time, what is the point in having 50 different shitty guns instead of 2 good fighting rifles?
>>
>>56901227
Me too m8, wide hips are my biggest kryptonite, I love women so much it's unreal.
Also I should be making 140k once I finish my masters in a year, enginiggering will finally pay off
>>
>>56909334
you aren't making 140k starting out in engineering lol unless you are already a manager.
>>
>>56900538
The notion of being a “salesman” is one of the most disgusting things imaginable, I think I’d rather be a janny
>>
>>56903557
This is the only man in America who knows what it truly means to be alive. Godspeed your glorious bastard
>>
>>56900458
>maximize your potential
>spend the prime of your life slaving away 80+ hours a week so that you can have a lot of money in the bank when you're old and broken
fucking kill yourself kike
>>
>>56909317
Nothing wrong with parking your money in historical or imported funs: it's like a low yield savings account that you can take to the range. If anything, I'd become worried about over-training on the nuances of one platform.
>>
File: 1672886295318723.jpg (9 KB, 227x222)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>56909278
>>56908191
you are both fags
only keep guns that spark joy when shooting
>>
>>56902146
Damn that sounds comfy, what type of electrical engineer are you that gets to work outside big cities?
I'm on track to becoming an engineer but my industry only exists in silicon valley type areas, I'll probably wageslave for a few years then find a remote job and fuck off to a rural area if that's even possible
>>
>>56900752
>>56905434
Lmao he isn’t worried about an annoying customer, he’s worried about becoming you, an annoying salesman
>>
>>56900458
Wagwcuck
>>
>>56900213
I don't get why people care so much about money (beyond having your basic necessities covered, off course, not having enough for that is different). My cousin's a Joe Rogan crypto bro guy (he had to ask me to explain how crypto "actually works") and he hits huge payoffs sometimes, sometimes he's deep in the red. He mostly does things like renovate his bathroom into a spa and then take super luxurious baths while drinking champagne (he's kinda fruity). He invites me over to his place all the time, trying to convince me to get into crypto with him. The baths were nice the first couple times but after that it's just whatever... and he spent how much time and money on that? Why. What's the point? To say you just... can? I know a lot of his other purchases are straight up social status stuff like buying those Yeezy shoes he won't shut the fuck up about.

I dunno. Sounds like more trouble this it's worth to me. I make close to six figures (geoscientist in oil & gas) and me and the wife live in a fucking trailer. A really nice one, but a trailer nonetheless. We don't have any problems with it. It's small compared to a house so cleaning takes no time. Maintenance is easy as hell and cheap. I just pocket most of my money and put it into the Dow Jones, hopefully at some point earlier than 50 I stop having to work. I value free time more than anything else honestly. I play video games with my friends, I tend to my garden, I fuck my wife, practice my guitar, go for walks with our dog, go shoot a deer and turn it into salumi, honestly just sit around with my head empty a lot of the time and think about whatever eventually comes to my mind. I'm pretty happy with that, a lot of my coworkers like me but think I'm fucking insane in that sense. We get invited to dinner parties often which I enjoy and I think we're gracious guests (we always bring wine, some salumi, and small gifts) but obviously we never host. Idk, am I as insane as my coworkers say?
>>
>>56900841
This.. I have a couple 22’s and a 1911.. I have a membership at an indoor range 5 minutes from my house (have wife and young kids, I shoot for about an hour Saturday and Sunday while the kids are napping) I budget myself a box of 45 acp a week, and a 325 count Walmart box of 22.. I bulk buy paper targets off of Amazon.. I spend less shooting than I used to bar hopping.. also having a good plan let’s me work on improving…. Easier to see what worked, what your doing right, and what your doing wrong when you’ve got a good habit…. Eventually I plan on getting into reloading… if I can reliably find primers I’ll shoot more 45…. Also buy the ammo in bulk online, ammoseek.com is helpful, also remember Indiana, texas, and Utah don’t charge sales tax… check it once every other day or so…. Last round of 45 I bought was reloads out of Utah that were about 38c a round after shipping. So right around 200$ for 500 rounds…. Best I can buy locally is closer to 70c a round after tax…. Havent been able to beat Walmart yet for 22lr…. They’re pretty solidly at 7c a round after tax… 22 lr seems like it’s hard to benefit from bulk buying unless your buying in the 5000 round range or more…
>>
>>56900848
>>Smith and Wesson 500 or a deagle brand deagle to celebrate 50k

This is really your only option anon…

Also… come tax time make sure you ask about if you need to up your deductions… depending on how close you were to the next bracket you might find that 50k gets taxed at a steeper rate and you want to ask about it now not get surprised next year.. otherwise you may be pawning that shiny gun to cover the tax bill…
>>
>>56901012
Anon… I make 80k after tax fixing appliances with an associates… maybe make sure your not getting stuffed in the payroll department…
>>
>>56900591
Or(if you're an American) you will need late-age or end of life healthcare which will wipe out your savings and any inheritance your kids might recieve.

Boomers might have destroyed the economic incentives for working and rendered the planet soon-to-be inhospitable to life, but at least those shareholders got what they wanted, right?
>>
>>56909356
My summer internship is equivalent to 120k annual, pretty sure I'll get more once I'm full time
>>
>>56900538
>Sales
You should pay someone to kill you
>>
>>56900458
You don't have to work yourself to death to be a success. The formula is really simple:
1. Fund something you live and are good at
2. Find a way to make a lot of money from it.
3. Have another source of income (e.g. index funds, real estate, small business selling books or woodwork, etc )
>>56909500
Here in Australia, you have the option for your employer to withhold any taxable income from your salary. This means you only get paid money that won't be touched by the government, and don't have to worry about digging through the couch to cover your bill cone tax time.
>>
>>56909526
Adding to this my field is r&d in a highly specialized industry with only a handful of players
>>
>>56909278
>A good fighting rifle with LAM and supporting NV/thermal would be 20k for just a basic setup.
So what? Situations where that would offer you any real practical benefit vs what the average gun owner uses don't exist.
>>
>>56902315
Well… technically they let you pick when your done…. Not like those damn kids that won’t pull the plug and let you keep sucking down hospital food while shitting yourself since you can’t walk…
>>
>>56900324
Only the dumb ones do. I work three-to-four days a week and I use my free time to go to gym, shoot, enjoy life. Three 12's, two 16's, or four 10's are the SUPERIOR shifts. If you work five days a week, 8 hours a day, you're pathetic and you're wasting your life being a wage slave who only has 2 days off lol. The only people I give a pass to are those who have children, for them the five days works conviniently, but for anyone else, you're pathetic.
>>
>>56909550
the company I work for offers three twelves but it's Sat/Sun/Mon only and as nice as four days off a week sounds idk if I want to not be able to do anything with anyone ever because I work when people have free time
>>
>>56902362
I don’t get why they have to be fully self driving… put up good wifi along all the highways… set up convoys… have the lead truck remotely driven by a driver in a sim.. when his 8 hour shift is up another driver clocks into the sim and takes over… other trucks lock on and follow the leader…. Set up a few distribution and receiving centers to receive convoys and turn them over to local delivery drivers who go home at the end of the day…
>>
>>56907345
That's because one is being honest and the other is lying through his fucking teeth.
>>
>>56909526
Not him, but I've found technology based internships to be like this:
>bigly hourly rate
>nice relocation package
>no healthcare plan
>no disability insurance
>no retirement contributions
>no profit sharing
The first two end up being comfy because they save so much not pay the last four. I'd use something like levels.fyi to get an idea of what you'll actually make
>>
>>56909559
Enjoy revolving your freedom, autonomy, and flexibility on being able to party on the weekends with friends. You're sacrificing 4 days of freedom to pursue whatever your heart desires, just because your drinking buddies have Saturday and Sunday off. Not trying to sound like an old man father giving a kid advice, but you always have to concentrate on yourself first. If your friends are truly friends, y'all can make the time to see each other. Don't ever limit yourself because the FOMO for social activities. There's more to life than to enjoy 2 measly days off a week. Life will get in the way and eventually those 2 days of freedom become the only days you're able to do errands and suddenly bam...there goes your weekend. Life is short man. Enjoy it while you can. Or else you'll be those people who wait till they're 65 to do anything.
>>
>>56901628
Nigger I grossed 104k last year and I have gone up 3$ an hour since November. I will break 120k this year and keep 90 because I claim both my white boiz. I have 8 guns and they’re all nice. Don’t dissuade someone from trying. Took a year of OTR and shitty pay and then boom I was fucking killing it. Just get a TWIC card and a hazmat and you’ll unironically make 38 an hour driving fuel for KAG home nightly and weekends mon-fri. Faggotry.
>>
>>56909672
Based truckerchad. Do I have to go babyfaced for hazmat cert? I currently sport a taliban beard
>>
>>56900213
You have to be wealthy or well-employed to shoot guns. Last year I've spent 43 bucks on 3 packs of 12 ga. slugs, not to mention the shooting range pass price (with a little discount).
>>
>>56909603
Oh yes, I'm hoping to get a full time offer to get all those perks. Downside is I'll probably be in C*lifornia for a little while before I transfer location
> levels.fyi
Godsend. From what I can see the company pays $120k~150k for new master's
>>
>>56900213
.22 lr is cheap and living in the woods helps. Then after awhile I slowly accumulate more for the fun stuff like 12 gauge and 357. Only real challenge is getting friends to coordinate when everyone is free from their capitalist pig jobs to come out and shoot
>>
>>56903564
>trying to have kids ... closer to 40
>>56903687
The latter, methinks.
As 35 with full custody of his 13 year old and a 2 year old from my new woman (and another on the way), it's SO MUCH EASIER being a poor father than an old father. Have your kids as young as you can. Missed work costs more when you're more established (and you will miss work), missed sleep costs more as an older man, etc etc. So much of being a good parent is physical involvement and so many of the hardest parts of parenting involve managing energy and dealing with stress. The only benefit to being older when you have your kids is the increased chance that your parents are retired and able to cover for you when you need your little snot pulled out of daycare for getting pukey or throwing a fever.
The meme that you need to be financially able to pay cash for everything and not take any assistance before you should consider having a child is one of the sickest jew tricks ever played on society. So long as you are able to provide food and medical care and shelter, you're good enough. You've got until he's 4 or 5 to get yourself in the position to put him in the right school and make sure he's got enough clean and newish sets of clothes and such in order to avoid stigmatizing him. Most of the shit they're gonna scream at you that you need to buy is completely unnecessary, and none of it can substitute for parents who are able to be there when he needs.
>>56909568
Chain of custody is a real problem. Best case scenario and the widespread acceptance of sealed loads for non-LTL stuff, the automated or remote truck is still outsourcing a lot of what the truck driver does to the customer at either end. GL if they don't want to pay it.
>>
>>56900778
Idea that air guns can teach you how to operate with a normal gun is 60s bullshit.
They don't teach you to handle recoil and have less distance.
>>
>>56902989
so one of your friends was adopted. and for the last 15-20 years you made it your mission to also adopt because of that. and you made a concerted effort to not father any kids with your wife so you could adopt. because your friend in childhood was adopted.

real talk have you been diagnosed?
>>
>>56900324
It’s the extension of the now lost “American dream” Which used to be not being some poor fuck who lives in an apartment or shack, having 2 cars and plenty of consumer products we consider standard to go around. Now it’s all about being a corporate/entrepreneurial success, living in a steel and glass house with a Tesla and a Porsche in the driveway. But that’s only because we fucked the middle class in the ass by deindustrializing in the 70s.
>>
>>56900213
I order ammo by the case and sell enough to recover my money and the rest is free ammo.
>>
>>56902180
>objectively most mass shootings are
>gang related > work related > college and younger
I watched a Vice panel about gun owners yesterday. The dumbass black implied most gun violence isn't from gang violence it's actually from blacks lashing out over their own persoalnal struggles
His point is "We're not gangsters you racist! We're just black!"

Their propaganda is dumb as fuck
>>
>>56900213
>I went to Yale
Political Science
>I worked at Goldman Sachs
for 1 year
This guy sounds like a ragging faggot
>>
>>56901012
>>make $87k with a master's degree
Congrats on earning a lower real wage than someone with a B.S. from 10 years ago.
>>
>>56911315
>1 year at goldman
They fire their worst performers every year. So he got in and then got purged.
>>
>>56900324
If you work hard you too can become a billionarie like that guy that inherited all his wealth! It's totally not a scheme by him to extract maximum value for minimum cost from your work!
>>
>>56911387
>he got in and then got purged.
But, but, he majored in political science, and networking, and sucking the dicks of important ppl at heckin' Yale. God, I hate ivy league faggots.
>>
>>56900213
You should be enjoying your 20s at least somewhat cause you'll only get them once
>>
>>56911415
They will take just about anyone from the right schools/ majors. Wring them dry for a time and if they don't make te grade let them go. That being said working there is he'll for the first years, we'll payed he'll but he'll.
>>
>>56909439
I do circuit design, embedded programming, and related. Work for a UARC, so I get the university's cushy vacation benefits and get to work on /k/ related things. It's a pay cut and won't look as good on a resume as a fancy silicon valley job, so you need to consider your own priorities in life.
>>
Now imagine having shooting as a hobby in Eur*pe.
>Almost all (new) guns +10-30% more expensive, even the ones made in your country, half of them requires paperwork and manhours to buy and then register (waiting a few hours at a PD to register it is standard)
>All ammo roughly 20+% more expensive
>Small selection of ranges, due to how crowded we are, developers are like predators, they are trying to take out ranges to build suburbs OR they build them around ranges and then make residents file complains forcing ranges to shut down
>Can't shoot ANYWHERE outside ranges
>The market is ridiculously small
>ALL that while making what, 30%-50% (at best) of what Americans make

And honestly, the same fucking thing applies to cars
>Gas costs like 2-3 times more
>Heavy regulations
>V6 are viewed like SUPER POWERFUL-AMERICA-LIKE hypermachines
>3 piston 0.999l engines with 10 turbos are a norm because emissions
>Then people go online and take pride in the fact that we don't have le ebul big pick-ups and laugh at Americans, á la crabs in a bucket

God, I hate this continent & EU.
>>
>>56909435
I do, except that Mauser, I hate the sights and am selling it.
>>56909278
Oh boy a
>an infantry squad is 15 retards with ARs
Moron.
>>56909317
The only thing you'll ever fight is a piece of paper on a target stand. May as well shoot a brown bess and enjoy it than playing patty-cake and pretending it's training.
>>
>>56902146
Would you reccomend electrical engineering as a college major?
Getting out of the navy after 10 years because the juice ain’t worth the squeeze. Working 80 hours a week for 70k is a fucking joke.
>>
>>56900306
Yeah it's so fucking retarded
>bro you gotta work hard and HUSTLE in your 20s so you can MAKE LOTS OF MONEY so you can go on vacations and lay around and do nothing when you retire when you're old and busted
I took big chunks of time out of my career in my 20s to care for ailing grandparents and spend time getting to know my parents and family as adults and traveling on the cheap, which you can't do when you're old, disabled and air travel is exclusive to the nomenklatura to save the planet.

Oh no. My lifetime earnings will be like half what they could have been if I was careermaxxing. I still have enough money to buy a house, raise a family and collect guns. Oh nooo my money count, which isn't even green pieces of paper anymore, just digital numbers in a database, won't be as high when i'm old and dying.
>>
>mediocre career
let me guess
you need more
>>
>>56900538
hell yeah brother, nothing like shitposting while booking meetings. I just need a better company to sell for
>>
I make 180k working 60 hours a week as a pharmacist and fucking hate it.
The moment my mortgage is paid off I'm changing careers to just work for the governmemt and grift.
>>
>>56901918
>>56909363
see
>>56908029
Sales =/= salesman. I can tell you're not in the corporate, but sales is just code name for having fun.

>>56909527
Stay mad, nigger
>>
>>56912846
btob is nice
>>
>>56902468

So you're going to raise kids, just not your own? Have fuck, cuck
>>
>>56900213
I'm a neet. I get my guns thanks to neetbux.
>>
>>56900538
Don’t got enough college creds or nepotism to get into one of those gigs.
What got you in?
>>
>>56900213
I work with a great company, not some corporate meat grinder. I have more free time than I ever did working two and three shit jobs, paying my way through a degree. More time than I did in my first entry level career gig. More time than my last career before this one. People need to understand that the best companies to work for are not posting advertisements and soliciting resumes online or with recruiters. They get new people by recommendations or by having a relationship with that person in some other capacity, like a vendor who calls on them. People who think the working world is only shit hourly wage jobs and shit soulless corporate jobs are retarded and sheltered.
>>
>>56903759
Jesus christ the amount of retards ITT who have no idea what sales actually is is hilarious. Selling for a shitty company is one thing, like a wage cage inside sales job. A real sales career is about being knowledgeable and fostering relationships. As long as you're selling services and/or goods that are quality and desirable, it's a great way to make a living. I'm in sales and spend half my time educating engineers on shit they should know and saving municipalities (taxpayers) and factories a shit load of money while also improving their processes.
>>
>>56902284
>>56902468
>>56903564
Perhaps it's better your retarded bloodline ends
>>
>>56913935
Please, I have been trying to tell the neets/wagies that being in sales =/= saleman for two days. They are coping too hard to understand
>>
>>56913831
A bachelors in Mechanical engineering and not autism.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.