[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1674625755380653.jpg (818 KB, 1080x1751)
818 KB
818 KB JPG
what's a good carbine, in your opinion?
>>
>>56897897
>well adjusted people and those who LARP societal collapse have different goals when it comes to gun ownership
Wow this is earth shattering
>>
I need hundreds of cheap firearms so I can lead my own dirlewanger brigade
>>
>>56897925
>ERROR - - CHECK SETTINGS - - SUBJECT NOT WELL ADJUSTED
>>
>>56898106
>Cheap Firearms
Why do you need firearms? Use your bayonets...like they did
>>
>>56897925
>I need to purchase a lethal weapon every month to get my dopamine hit
>well adjusted
Imagine if someone was buying a shitty beat-up old car every month, not because they actually expected to ever use it, but simply to satisfy some consumerist urge. Most of these cars get driven once or twice before they go fill some garage and get their parts getting swapped for years until they’re resold.

This would be viewed as ridiculous, but somehow spending the money on 20 useless PSAs is supposed to be entirely normal and acceptable. If you want legos, you can buy a real set of blocks for $30.
>>
File: 1559801592635.jpg (138 KB, 959x1024)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>
>>56898236
The problem is that twinky faggot is comparing two extremes. Yes, it's retarded to own 20 hi-points and PSA AR's, but it's also pretty gay to limit yourself to one rifle and a pistol. Maybe it makes sense if your only concern is "DA BOOGALOO", but you're still missing out on the transferrable skills that you learn when shooting .22's, 12 gauges and long-range bolt actions.
>>
>>56898363
While I want to agree with you I still feel like it would make more sense to get one dedicated rifle, pistol and a set of gear before you buy other guns for plinking and fun or whatever you want.
>>
Larper faggots are insufferable
>>
>>56898363
Yeah, what bothers me isn't shitting on multiple ARs, only having one is totally reasonable to me, it's the complete lack of awareness of any use for guns other than blasting range steel or whatever SHTF gunfight he envisions. The strawman other guy may have some extraneous bullshit but he's also way better equipped for real life gun use, he's got a variety of CCW options so he doesn't have to dress like an autist all the time to hide his full-size tacticool semi-racegun, he's got a .22 so he can actually afford to practice marksmanship without youtuber sponsorship ammo, he's got guns for going hunting or clay shooting with the boys, and guns that are just for having fun at the range instead of autistically grinding some contrived "tactical" setup over and over again like you're going to magically level up your operator skill after doing it enough times.

I'm not saying people should accumulate shit guns as a matter of choice, obviously if you've got the cash it's better to buy one good gun than a bunch of shit ones, but if my friend hits me up and asks if I want to go hunting next week and all I can afford to burn is $400 then I'm gonna buy a $400 boltgun and I think that's how most people end up with collections like that.
>>
>>56897897
My dick.
>>
>>56898460
I don't disagree with this concept in general, but if you don't have guns at all then the one you can afford right now is the smartest gun to buy, because telling Tyrone that you're saving up for a $4000 AR when he comes into your house in the middle of the night isn't gonna do you much good.
IMO the way to go about it is to get a decent concealable handgun first, because it covers the most realistic uses (obviously carry, and it's infinitely better for HD than no gun at all), then some kind of acceptable AR (or optionally a shotgun if you're in a ban state), then from there you can decide if you want to explore more niche gun options or if you want to start saving for a gucci setup.
>>
You need 2 ar15s, preferably from a decent manufacturer BCM/Geissele/Colt/FN-USA tier or above
>>
>>56897897
a fucking basic bitch PSA with a red dot
>muh sbr nvgs ir laser larperator boogaloo durhurrdur
you won't do shit, ever
>>
>>56898106
The only weapons you need for a dirlewanger of your own is a lighter and your penis
>>
>>56897897
>my idea of having fun with guns is different than your idea of having fun with guns
I'd gladly take ten retards plinking at paper targets with their weird guns over one larping military-wannabe autists preparing for shtf
>>
What's the bare minimum of guns that would let you experience every kind of gun fun?
>O/U shotgun for clay/hunting
>bolt action for long range
>pistol for EDC
>carbine for tacticool fun
>>
>>56897925
The Second Amendment is about citizen militias, which means modern fighting equipment like body armor, drones, thermals, night vision, and anything a modern military uses that you can actually get your hands on. It's not about collecting.
>>
>>56898460
>a set of gear before you buy other guns for plinking and fun or whatever you want.
You will never use that gear for anything more than LARPing, so why should it come before other guns for having fun?
>>
>>56898722
>muh militia
Boils down to schizos going on about how they want to murder people if they don't get their way on whatever unpopular issue they support, because surely society will just obey schizos if they throw a violent temper tantrum rather than putting them down.
>>
>>56898722
The second amendment is about having fun
>>
>>56898667
For me it's
>870
>10/22
>1861 Navy
>Colt LE6920
Acquired in that order too. If had to do it again with less money I would go H&R Pardner, EDC handgun, and a cheap AR with a .22 conversion
>>
>>56898793
yep, people forget this. also the first and most important rule of gun safety.
>>
>>56898793
I mean its the first rule of gun saftey after all
>>
>>56897897
Lucas is a skinny Twink fag that secretly wants to be T O P P E D
>>
>>56898543
>get a decent concealable handgun first, because it covers the most realistic uses (obviously carry, and it's infinitely better for HD than no gun at all)
Honestly, the possible cases where a handgun you've practiced with wouldn't be enough that would be survivable if you just changed your choice of gun and nothing else are so narrow that they may as well not exist.
>>
>>56898622
talk about small arms
>>
>>56898722
But a collection can be used to arm multiple people, and you only have to get through one firefight with the shit gear to loot the bodies and get back up to military standard.
>>
File: brutal_truth.jpg (124 KB, 648x814)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>
>>56897897
DDM4A1
>>
>>56897925
>>56898771
why are you on this board? does it make you feel special and empowered to speak nonsense to a bunch of people that would gladly and easily murder you on sight?
>>
>>56898460
this is the way. start with the good, reliable, and most useful shit and add other things as time goes on
>>
File: PXL_20230120_224559286.jpg (2.04 MB, 2268x4032)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB JPG
416 or aug
>>
>>56899944
is that a chick-fil-a mag?
>>
File: PXL_20221223_224103686.jpg (2.65 MB, 2268x4032)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB JPG
>>56899969
Battery for the dryfire
>>
>>56899985
you gotta admit it does kinda look like chick-fil-a kek
how do you like the dry fire setup?
>>
>>56899985
>>56899990
and which one is it?
>>
>>56897897
>$3800 for a working pvs and helmet
Lmao maybe back in 2019. These days you'd be better off going full skitzo and buying chinese tattoo removal lasers and pyrodex.
>>
File: PXL_20221223_213821509.jpg (2.77 MB, 4032x2268)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB JPG
>>56899990
Its pretty good so far, only got it a week or two ago but for practicing trigger pulls its pretty sweet. Beats recharging the gun constantly
>>56900004
Mantis blackbeard
>>
>>56899740
you wouldnt do shit nigger
americans are all bark no bite
cling to your guns eat your goyslop and watch your tv
>>
>>56900057
thanks. glad you are enjoying your purchase
>>56900069
who said i'm american? the rest of your post is meaningless to me
>>
File: 1644059983882.png (933 KB, 707x1256)
933 KB
933 KB PNG
i fell for this meme and I will be paying for it for the next two years
>>
>>56900622
You financed something that you have no practical use for?
>>
>>56900635
it was a bucket list item desu. I wanted a pair of nods since I played MGS1 all those years ago. they're cool to have but anyone telling you they have a practical purpose for them is lying. I live in FL, so maybe if the power gets knocked out during hurricane season it'll be useful but they really are just an expensive toy
>>
>>56897897
How much does the T-rex cost?
>>
>>56900622
Your mistake was buying high end binos when mid range mono gives you 99% of the capability at 30% of the cost.
>>
So it's
>Person with a well rounded collection that'll accomplish any sort of thing you'd need a gun for, with the only unnecessary bits being having 2 of a few of the guns and them being supposedly "low quality" (which for AR-fags just means you didn't either drop 3 months of pay on it or didn't pay for a specific brand)
Vs.
>Person with delusions of doorkicking who doesn't use his guns for anything but photoshoots with his gucci plate carrier and never-used NV goggles, has no carry gun for wearing lighter clothing, and has no plinking gun so likely only goes to the range at most twice a year
I definitely know who I'd take hunting/to the range
>>
>>56900653
Oh you live in Florida. You guys are all retards and faggots. Nice beaches though, if there were no Floridians there during my yearly two weeks of vacation there it’d be a lot nicer
>>
>>56900748
I had a PVS 14 first, flipped it for 10% more than I paid for it after getting the NV bug and decided that I'm gonna go all in. I don't regret my decision at all, though I do like the versatility that a PVS 14 gives you compared to binos
>>
>>56900057
>Mantis blackbeard
Looks like the bolt/mag is $199 but there's this:
> This kit does not include a Laser Academy access code.
How much was the code?
Found two free aps in the App Store, one with $4.99 and $49.99 in-app purchases, and one free app.
>>
>>56900653
If you are so rational about their practicality why are you so irrational about buying them?
Not saying you are wrong. I've never seen a person on /k/ use for NODs for anything except playing make believe.
>>
>>56900773
what's irrational about wanting to make your inner child happy? life is too short and miserable to lose your inner child
>>
You can own both you know
.t have tacticool laser box and expensive ass flashlight AR and nods alongside slavshit and random pistols I liked
>>
>>56897897
>It's another "some rich pampered faggot who's never done a day's work in his life tells the plebs how to spend money" episode

Jeez this show really jumped the shark eh
>>
>>56897897
Any semi-auto that takes STANAGs and is chambered in 5.56 (and doesn't jam a bunch). I've got ARs, but I wouldn't shit on someone for getting a 416, NATO AUG, Tavor, Galil ACE, Scar-L, FN F2000, Daewoo, Hellion, etc.
Having said that, everyone in the US should be familiar with operating an AR because those are gonna be what the vast majority of people use in any sort of militia/boog/shtf etc. scenario.
>>
File: 1 (2).jpg (102 KB, 646x865)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
What's wrong with having a large collection? I have a practical gun for certain purposes, ie a hunting rifle, a tacticool rifle for if shtf, and a shotgun for skeet shooting. But I also have some historical guns (mauser k98 and mosin nagant) and some that I just think are cool. I get what the OP is saying but he's just projecting what he thinks the purpose of personal firearms are for. Some of us just like to sport shoot for fun or own some for a collection. rich fags collect cars, soibois collect funko pops, why can't I collect guns?
>>
>>56898902
>secretly
>>
>a refined collector of many tastes and interests or
>le tacticuck larperator who won't do shit anyway
easy choice really

>>56900866
check'd
This is a good carbine
>>
>>56897897
$800 anderson/PSA build with an FN barrel
not buying a useless IR laser because you dont have fucking airsupport

$200 chinese IR laser peq15 knock off because it actually 'does the thing' retards obsessed with giving themselves botched eye surgery "want" for some reason
>>
>>56900967
No it doesn't, you don't know what the peq does lol
>>
>>56900771
I haven't used any laser academy app. Pretty much just shooting at targets/pictures in my house. Practicing getting on target and trigger pulls
>>
>>56900992
>shooting with a laser sight
>>
>>56897897
>>56897897
Is that Lucas Botkin? That twink has been on my mind. No cap, I been thinking about that time when I barebacked him raw in a Boca Raton Air BnB. That shit had to be the tightest, whitest, wettest boy pussy I've ever laid pipe into. I swear to God, the most heavenly high is gargling that wonderboy's nuts while going fist deep into his shitter. I had Lucas screaming in the sheets with head too ridiculous to ignore. That twink frotted my cock until he busted on my mouth, I had to return the favor. That twink Lucas and I been fucking non-stop ever since, but keep that shit on the DL. He does that shit for free. If you're gonna ask me how to "long" Lucas, I'll be deadass. All you gotta do is ask, be straight up, and get physical real quick. Touch his nuts, get on ya knees, talk your shit. He doesn't play around with no pansy-ass niggas either. He likes his men manly, and his dick thick. Dark skin, 6'5 is the minimum and I ain't talking about height boy.
That Twink Lucas Botkin stole my heart and drank my seed.
>>
What’s to stop me from using cheap night vision camera tier chinkshit other than the last vestigial remnants of shame?
>>
>>56897897
>have everything on the bottom
>get domed by some Realtree-wearing boomer with a .243 Winchester bolt gun
>>
>>56897897
Anyone telling me how to spend my money is a faggot.
>>
>>56904473
>you put effort into something? haha ur just gonna die!

nice nigger crab bucket mentality.
>>
>>56905017
>wants to cosplay as a mass shooter
>gets mad when people point out he's going to get sniped if anyone takes him seriously
>>
>>56897897
>the chad multi purpose collection
>virgin larp hobby
i love to see those odd collections with no uniformity
>>
>>56898236
lol, this is done constantly though.

I live in a rural area and the trailer section of town has a pickup in every last driveway, sometimes two. The house in an absolute trash heap, but the "man of the house," needs to have that pickup for his self image, even if many of them don't work or work retail. Hence the two most repossessed vehicles in America are the F-150 and the Silverado.

Now why are poor areas filled with pick ups, which are more expensive and more expensive to drive and maintain? Image.

This is why men have lost the right to complain about $2,000 handbags. That's still a far cry from the $32,000 used truck purchased at 10% interest for commuting to their job at Walmart.

>But I work construction, I need a truck.
I worked construction for years and we used company vehicles for shit. People act like a car will explode if it touches a dirt road, but when I was young I got garbage sedans up miles of dirt road all the time. It's especially dumb because people bring these, but then refuse to use their personal truck for work because "that's mine and I don't want it dinged up."

I wouldn't mind people wasting their own money if it didn't flood here every time it rains because there is no money to do culverts right or repave roads because the gas tax hasn't been raised in 10 years because people choose to buy vehicles they can't afford but then don't want to pay for the road maintenance.
>>
>>56900057
Damn sucks you just got it, they're already coming out with a new one and the battery pack looks like a 30 round mag.

I got it too though and its sweet. i didn't pay for the software although its probably very helpful. I just practice the trigger pull.

UNRELATED: I ignored the advice of this board and purchased a Canik Rival. I have multiple Glocks, an M&P and quite a bit of experience with the Sig p320. The Canik Rival is legitimately the best striker fired handgun I've ever fired. The trigger is so good and it comes with everything you need and costs less than a Glock MOS. Fuck all that anti turk political bullshit. I don't care about any of that. I just want the best guns possible.

BTW a guy used a canik rival to win the USPSA Carry optics national championship in 2022 so it is objectively a good gun.
>>
>>56899740
go talk to someone outside your social circle you desperately need it
>>
>>56899740
>people that would gladly and easily murder you on sight

lol you dont even have a misdemeanor you fucking pansy.
>>
>>56898236
>Imagine if someone was buying a shitty beat-up old car every month,
You do realize that most people with larger gun collections didn't buy all those guns at once and have been into guns for a while, and most of them don't own a few copies of the same gun. Getting into guns at 18 or possibly earlier and acquiring 17 guns by the time you're 30 isn't that difficult. Especially when considering older gun owners who were around when milsurps were being dumped on the market for dirt cheap, and it was much easier to access an interesting variety of guns for a few hundred dollars or less rather than just seeing ARs and polymer frame striker fired pistols with little visual difference.
>>
File: 1674163006235350.gif (2.51 MB, 300x451)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB GIF
>>56899740
>Implying that the average /k/fag is genuinely a threat, let alone actually owns a gun
There are like a dozen of us on here that actually own guns, the rest are vidya fags and jealous western europeans
>>
>>56898460
This may come as a shock to you, anon, but most people who own guns do so for recreation and self defense if absolutely necessary. It's a very small subsection of the gun community obsessed with the larp bullshit, but it's sexy, so it's in your face all the time on social media.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.