[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Dronade.jpg (6 KB, 246x205)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Given only commercially available components and ammunition, what would be the most practical anti-drone weapon that could be issued to counter the new dronades we are seeing used in Ukraine? No regulations so full auto or calibers over 50 cal are on the table.

Some sort of scattergun? A full auto 22lr AR with a 100 round drum and tracer rounds? Something else?
>>
Shotgun with #12 bird shot
>>
>>56897733
a software defined radio KYS OP
>>
>>56897733
>most practical anti-drone weapon
Saw some MAGA autist designed a "Anti-Drone Drone" that had some kind of spikes or smasher parts on it. Would basically spot drones and would smash into them at high speed but was designed to survive it. Looked pretty damn cool
>>
>>56897733
The problem isn't hitting drones, it's detecting them. I'd amend doctrine to stress the increasing need for vertical surveillance. 360 security isn't enough anymore, someone needs to be looking up at all times.
>>
>>56897733
Pic related. Also lasers mounted on vehicles.
>>
>>56897763
>hurr use your eyes
Retard, chat gpt can write you a drone detector in whatever language you want and you just hook up microphones
Do it for arduino and give sime poor shmuck per squad a helmet mic set and an alien-style-detector thing and add in some networked battlespace shit for sharing
>tl;dr more efficient and elegant solutions exist than eyes
>>
Willy Pete them all
>>
Nukes
>>
Why not attach a small recoiless rifle to a drone, send it up to patrol above a unit and shoot down other drones with flak and in a different situation you could reload and use it as anti infantry with explosive rounds…
>>
>>56897733
If we're talking Low Tech / Regular fierarms, then probably a shotgun is the best tool for the job.
But it depends on the drone's altituden, size and speed if it's moving.

However the correct answer is a special Anti-Drone Electronic Warfare Gun.
Looks like pic related.
Made specifically to fuck with drones.

On a heavy duty military drone, it severs the connection to the pilot / base of operations.
Depending on the model, it could have a return-to-base system, or just hovers in place until batteries run out.
On a small commercial drone, it would fall out of the sky and crash, more likely.

There a plethora of these new guns being made.
One of the most well known ones is the
EDM4S, if you're looking for an example.
>>
File: anti-drone-gun.jpg (123 KB, 976x549)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>56899324
Shit forgot pic example of an Anti-Drone gun.
>>
>>56897733
1. Just spam your own drones to drop nades on enemy operators.
2. Jam "rifles"
3. Use your drone to ram enemy drones (use prop cages to protect your drone).
>>
>>56897733
>Most practical infantry anti-drone weapon?
self steering ammunition fired out of a gun
>>
>>56897733
Don't be outside. Build your own drones.
>>
>>56897749
>t never shot birds
#12 shot is far too small and light. It won’t have any energy left to ruin a drone. I wouldn’t go smaller than #6. You might need goose loads depending on how high the drones are
>>
>>56899875
This, ny first thought was magnum snow goose loads, #1&2 shot, or goose T shot in magnum chambering
>>
>>56897749
95% of Mavic 3 work is at 300m. No shotgun is effective at hitting shit that high in the sky
>>
>>56899875
I think taking a combo of both would work best
Load it up with a semi auto that can cycle it and you are set
>>
>>56897733
Umbrella.
>>
File: 1622861720933.gif (3.62 MB, 640x360)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB GIF
>>56900103
>Hold closed umbrella ready
>Wait for drone to drop grenade
>Open umbrella at just the right moment
>Parry grenade back at the drone
>Kill drone with its own grenade
>>
>>56900196
someone's been playing pinball recently, i see
>>
>>56899957
The bombs aren't that much smaller than clays in profile honestly, I bet people could hit them with shotguns.
>>
>>56899330
That looks gay as hell, looks like badly drawn weapons made by some amateur artist.
>>
>>56899330
Kek, these fucking anime tier "guns"
>>
File: download.jpg (488 KB, 2200x1238)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
Take the falconpill
>>
>>56897733
The best offense is a good defense. Have a passive 2.4 GHz jammer if you want to interfere with the control signal and a 5.8 GHz jammer if you want to stop the video feed. Alternatively, only fire up the control signal jammer when the drone is airborne and keep it on until the drone's battery gets low. By default, they fly back to their takeoff point using GPS when their battery reaches a critical level, so wait until it tries to return home to figure out where the operator is and take them out.
>>
>>56901720
They are already hitting them with AK's

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fjOZD73M6Lk
>>
>>56901853

This but unironically. Maybe give the bird some armored gloves.
>>
>>56901853
Honestly seems like the best bet: https://outsider.com/outdoors/watch-falcon-attacks-drone-thousands-feet-above-ground-aerial-video/

I wonder if they could specifically trained to attack drones?
>>
>>56900196
I bet it'd make a loud cartoonist bounce noise. Alternatively we could wear rubber helmets to bounce them back.
>>
>>56903158
I think that was unintended and sheer luck, anon
Reliably killing the drone with a bombrack on it, yeah
Reliably shooting the falling vog out of the air, no
>>
Wouldn't it be possible to have an app running on smart phones, where you point the phone camera at the sky and if it seeds a done copter it sounds an alarm? As for discriminating against birds etc. this could easily be done via AI.

Are typical phone cameras high res enough and with decent enough HDR against the sky for this for work? Obviously it would drain battery fast you'd need to hook the phone to an external battery.
>>
>>56901853
Platoon level falconers when?
>>
>>56897836
>chat gpt can write you a drone detector in whatever language you want

just lol
>>
>>56905475
i really like this suggestion for using an already ubiquitous technology. i'm not sure it would be accurate/fast enough in practice, but if you're not well funded/supplied it's probably better than nothing
>>
>>56905475
Possible but doesn't exist, hopefully yet. We should get with program developers to see if it can be made. Obviously it would be shut down in a SHTF scenario if it's just some app on the app stores, needs to be more secure. For all we know the government has 100% access to our phones (they do) so they could just delete anything useful they find out we're using. Might have to be an entirely separate device.
>>
Whats a good payload carrying drone go for these days? I assume you need the big hobbyist ones to lift a grenade or improvised explosive?
>>
>>56899957
>magnum snow goose
I wonder what the max range of a shotgun could be if they specifically designed it to hit drones at higher ranges

Like, 10 gauge with a very long barrel and a heavy choke, with with the shotshell itself being designed specifically for range and velocity
>>
>>56907679
>Obviously it would be shut down in a SHTF scenario if it's just some app on the app stores, needs to be more secure.
>anon thinks some app is going to turn his phone into a magic talisman that will protect him from drones in his boogtard fantasies
>>
>>56897733
Fighter drones. Dawn Patrol; others are awakened by the buzzing of Combat Air Patrol drones.
>>
>>56897733
As someone who knows nothing about how this works, could you use a SDR to find the drones frequency and then some sort of adjustable directional antenna to jam it?
>>
>>56897733
Dronades are ineffective, you are seeing cherry-picked one in 50 attempts. Wind makes it impossible to accurately drop them from that kind of height
>>
>>56897733
shoot a net with weights or ww2 aa
>>
>>56897836
An actual retard in the flesh. You should be studied so that we can figure out how to prevent more of you from being created.
>>
>>56899930
Waterfowl loads are usually steel, which isn't exactly great at long ranges.
>>
>>56899875
Do you understand how light and fragile quadcopters are? Even damaging a single rotor will be enough to cause stability issues
>>
>>56910499
Knowing the shape and weight of the grenade, and fitting the drone with the appropriate onboard sensors for altitude and wind direction and speed, could someone calculate the likely drop zone of the grenade while it's windy?
>>
>>56907807
Probably not longer than slugs, so let that be your guide.
>>
File: crows-b BLADE.jpg (296 KB, 1192x886)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
Jammers like >>56897833 that listen passively for sUAS control signals and jam them, large UAS jammer guns like >>56899330 in a platoon's weapon squad, and weapons like BLADE or lasers + jammers on the squad's vehicles.

Shotguns are useless for cUAS and you can safely ignore anyone suggesting them.
>>
File: file.png (1.5 MB, 2048x1216)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>56913647
The AMP-HEL will be an ISV-mounted ~20kw laser that's sling-loadable, has extremely low footprint and will be available to infantry formations.

EW will be the best weapon against UAS. RUSI has found that a the average drone only survives a few missions. You don't get a cool clip of a UAS losing connection due to a long range jammer and hovering until it dies (or autolanding). US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan by the later years had convoy jamming systems down to the point that the enemy reverted almost entirely to using command wire detonated IEDs.
>>
>>56910499
Ineffective on what level? The resources spent are minuscule and basically nothing is risked. The psychological damage is pretty remarkable.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.