[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1658050602875m.jpg (134 KB, 1024x768)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
"This is our 'near peer' adversary" edition

Lying about medical record: GOOD (YMMV)
Lying about criminal record: BAD

>Resources:

>Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed)

>Free ASVAB Practice Tests
https://www.asvabpracticetests.com/

>Fort Jackson Army Basic Training Guide (Nov. 2020)
https://pastebin.com/yg972vRE (embed) (Short version)
https://pastebin.com/53tsDj90 (embed) (40 page version)

>Special Forces Fitness Guide
http://specialforcesrecruiter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/THOR3-10-Week-Program.pdf
http://www.stewsmith.com/linkpages/sfart.htm#:~:text=PT%3A%20Every%20other%20day.,of%2040%20to%2050%20reps).

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
>https://mega.nz/folder/ZQhQDLQA#SrCZyqNQiomnG4DsTzcNMg
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS, as well study guides for ASTB-E

>https://bogidope.com/civilian-to-guard-or-reserve/the-ultimate-military-pilot-career-path-part-1/
Airforce Pilot guide - just do AFROTC, political science major, 4.0 with athletics is auto-acceptance

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No, you'll get cancer and a prolapsed asshole. http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed)
tl;dr: Two year long school with suicidal furries as your co-workers

>Info on sf86
https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf

>How to get way overqualified physically for BMT/BCT when starting from nothing
https://pastebin.com/yGzadpNZ (embed)

>How can I get more college credits while I'm in without signing up for classes
CLEP/DSST information:
https://dantes.doded.mil/EducationPrograms/get-credit/creditexam.html
Practice for CLEP/DSST:
http://www.free-clep-prep.com/index.html

>What is MHS GENESIS?
https://www.health.mil/Military-Health-Topics/MHS-Transformation/MHS-GENESIS
https://calmed.tricare.mil/Getting-Care/MHS-GENESIS-Patient-Portal
>>
>inb4 "muh die for Israel"
>inb4 "muh vax/booster"
>inb4 "muh welfare queens"
>inb4 "muh recrooters"
>inb4 a skitzo dominates the thread for 4 hours increasing the post count, but not the poster count
>inb4 "muh gay pride and diversity"
>inb4 "muh trannies"
The burger king cargo delivery image is, however, welcome
>>
>>55294469
That other thread was fake, gay, and Serbian. Thanks for putting up a real thread, OP.
>>
>>55294524
No worries.
>>
In reply to:
>>55292893
My question (repeated since this is a new thread) is:
Not that anon. I’ve got a civil engineering degree. Do I go through RMC and hope to get into the RAE as an engineering officer? My biggest fear is getting assigned to a shitty officer role and waste 6 years of my life for nothing. I’m having a tough time finding an entry civil engineering job here. I’m a fresh graduate and I barely have any internship experience due to COVID when everything shut down. For this reason I’m considering joining the Army and getting the experience there. That and doing some run and gun stuff with the boys.
>>
It's always funny seeing pajeets begging to join the Aussie military in the comment sections on facebook.
>>
>>55294673
seriously, apply for this position
https://army.defencejobs.gov.au/jobs/civil-engineer
I know it says ADFA, but they'll work around that. You have a civil engineering degree already, it is very unlikely they will make you an admin officer because that's what art and marine bio graduates are for. Be sure to talk to your recruiter after or YOU session about your situation, it makes no sense that you'll sign a 6 year contract as an degree-qualified engineering officer when someone at ADFA does the equivalent of 5 years.

If I were you though, I would apply for the RAAF role. It's a third of the contract time for the exact same role and way better conditions
https://www.defencejobs.gov.au/jobs/air-force/airfield-engineer
>>
>>55295486
Thanks for the links mate. I would love some action in training though. I wouldn't be seeing any of that in the two positions you posted, correct?
>>
>>55295516
RAAF, no. They don't even know what webbing is. RAE will, but only at RMC as they train you as an basic version of an infantry officer. After that, you'll likely never touch that gear again.

However, you do the majority of the RAE officer course as an airfield engineer which involves some demo work with explosives, plus you learn some serious civil engineering skills on top of it. Do yourself a favour mate, "action" is not worth it, it's highly overrated
>>
>>55295767
Beats the job I had before lmao. And VA bux is dope.
>>
>>55295767
Imagine not learning critical SHTF skills while milking the system dry. It's a deal with the devil, who cares. Becoming a debcuck for a meme degree is the true cuckoldry. Go back to your containment board pls
>>
>>55295725
I greatly appreciate the answer bro.
I have intentions of joining SOER, which is why I was focusing on the engineering officer role.
I’d like to hear your thoughts on this if you don’t mind.
>>
>>55295848
>joining the military for SHTF skills
That's pretty funny but you need to be 18 to post here
>it's a deal with the devil
And you think you will come out ahead?
>>
File: 1662653977337832.jpg (271 KB, 960x720)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>55295767
>get paid to shoot at brown people overseas
>get uni and healthcare paid for by taxpayers

Seething /pol/cuck hands typed this.
NATO reigns supreme.
>>
>>55296019
N-no bro. If you enlist, get oddles of experience behind small unit tactics and fuck thai hookers on the gov. dime your mind is irrevocably changed. If you do it you'll praise zog no matter what.
>>
>>55296019
>get paid to shoot at brown people overseas
While they invade your town back home
>get uni and healthcare paid for by taxpayers
You know GI bill won't even pay for a full 4 years, right? Besides certs for a few hundred each are worth more than a degree now anyway. And the VA is absolute shit and you're better off going to a civilian hospital.
>>
>>55295861
SOER is a closely held secret, I have no idea how they select officers. I only know they pull the best sappers out of their IET course and then I think they run them through the Carter course and take those who pass it. Officers would probably be the same but more competitive.

Biggest pointers for anything SF is to find out what the fitness requirements are and train to be able to achieve it even after any PT session, train yourself to the point of mental failure and make yourself run another 2.4km, play Kim's games to get your memory better, learn to be a sponge with knowledge, don't develop an attitude where you think you know everything, and learn to motivate those around you because you inadvertently motivate yourself.
>>
>>55296051
>fuck thai hookers
Recroots still fall for this meme? Half of them are men and the other half get fucked by dogs on stage. You want to put your dick in that? I'm telling you dude, you're going to regret joining.
>>
>>55295973
You're a lost cause lmao. I want fries and a large soda with that, thanks.
>>
>>55296160
So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. You piqued my interest when it came to the Airfield Engineer role, but I still want to (at least) attempt joining SOER, so that when I'm 40 I don't look back and say "what if?". I know the only way to be considered for SOER is if I join the Army, but then I run the risk of being assigned to a non-engineering officer role.
I try to stay away from recruiters because they'll say anything to get their quotas filled, which is why I'm here.
I'd like to kindly ask you to put yourself in my situation.
>fresh graduate with little to no professional experience - civil engineering degree
>23 years old
>has a huge interest (some say a love) for SF stuff
>wants to make a lot of money
>unsure if I want to stay in the military until 60 years of age
>interested by RAAF role because of the money, skills learned, and short contract duration
>interested by Army engineering role because I have the opportunity to have a crack at SOER
>Air Force trumps Army when it comes to benefits and pay etc
You can understand my situation. I don’t want to look back at my life when I’m too old to try for SF and say I wish I tried.
>>
>>55296209
>cope - the post
>>
File: 415041612419328.jpg (103 KB, 1280x960)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>55296204
Too late. Already did and it was a great time. Now I'm gonna comission after getting my degree and living stipend paid for.
What are you gonna do about it? Gonna cry? Gonna piss your pants maybe? Maybe shit and cum?
>>
>>55296249
You developed some weird fetishes in Thailand. I guess you need to go back because I can't help you.
>>
>>55296249
>ZOGbot
>devotes his life to ZOG
Makes sense
>>
File: 1663932375612.jpg (31 KB, 500x500)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>55295767
Constantly typing away about things you know nothing about, while complaining about things you do nothing about yourself
You probably have a higher chance of dying from obesity related diseases than anyone in the military has of dying in, or even seeing combat
>>
>>55296345
>devotes
Lol lmao. Nope. Grad school costs around 100k.
GI bill pays school, Army STAP pays 2,122/mo, GI bill living stipend pays 1,600/mo and still making 02E & part time(during school) pay.
Reckon I'll buy another property out yonder while in school.
>>
>>55296249
Those are some ugly ass women dude, cmon now. Spend a few more baht and do better.
>>
>>55296019
>shoot at brown people overseas
>to support a government that’s bringing millions of browns into your country and making them citizens
Big brain
>>
>>55296506
Oh yeah I know. I usually exclusively stay on Slavic women. Russians care more if you try and take a snap.
>>
>>55296519
Lmao so what, someone's got to deliver my pizza and mop the floor in my office.
Oh wait that was your minimum wage job?
Too bad lol should have signed up.
>>
>>55296249
>>55296485
>>55296524
>fucks prostitutes
>collects STAP (spouse tuition assistance program)
The ZOGbot, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>55296596
>>55296248
>>
File: 1655058225465.jpg (326 KB, 1126x685)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
>>55296608
>t.
>>
>>55296608
>>55296485
Oh whoops. *STRAP.
>>
>>55296239
man, if it was me and knowing what i know I'd go for the RAAF role but I completely understand the "what if?" mindset. I wish I had given me some better advice when I joined, I might have taken a better path.

You can always transfer over, SF units have a high attrition rate and not enough suitable candidates so they're always looking for perople, including from other services. Officers in SF are all about planning while it's the diggers that go and kick in doors, SOER would most likely be the same. I'm not trying to give you sour grapes, just what would be the likely experience.

another option you can always go 1CDO as an OR if you find full time work outside of the military, an engineering degree is still very attractive to a recruiter because it gives you excellent critical thinking skills, apparently there are quite a few engineers who part time as commandos
>>
>>55296596
>yeah who cares that we are now foreigners in the countries that our ancestors died for
>how else would pizza get delivered?
>>
File: 70f.png (492 KB, 480x600)
492 KB
492 KB PNG
>>55296691
>nooooooo not the ancesterinos pls stop polluting my pure bloodlinerino
>t.
>>
>>55294469
I wish all ZOGbots a very painful death while I fuck their fat ugly wives.
>>
23 years old frog here. Failing my law master's degree again and feeling myself inching closer to becoming a NEET. I am looking at ways to start over.

I was looking into finding a law apprenticeship in the US since I have a undergraduate degree in french and common law but to be honest I kind of hate law at this point in my life.

Is there a path for non US citizens to join the US army ? Can the US army sponsor me for a green card if I decide to join ? Will having an undergraduate degree help me in any way ? Am I a retard for thinking about this ?
>>
>>55296873
Lots of people did that, and then they were deported after their contracts were up lmao. just google "deported veterans"
>>
>>55296873
t. third worlder here. There was the MAVNI program for non-green card holders to join (as long as they held a valid visa) but it was cancelled a while ago. You'll have to come with a F1 student visa (and upgrade to H1B work visa) and then after some years you may get a green card, or you can get one by marrying a US citizen. If you're close to NEETdom, well... You need to do research because depending on what country you're from, there are large waiting lists for green cards. As for your degree, you'd have to validate it in the US.
>>
>>55296873
Just get a plane ticket to Mexico, and hoof it
That’s how everyone else does it
>>
>>55296891
Googles it, they were deported because of crimes they committed it seems.
>>
>>55297041
Or you can straight up come with a H1B visa, I forgot to add. There are other ways to get a green card, but those are the ones that you'd have a shot at getting, assuming you don't have relatives or friends in the US
>>
>>55296873
just go there illegally, Biden will probably Executive Order illegals into citizens before he leaves office
>>
>>55296671
Could you tell me your career story anon? You say you wish you had known things when you were in. What did you do that you regretted?
Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>55296671
How can one part time as a commando? I don’t know how it works in vegemite land. As a reserve unit, do you still get to do run and gun stuff with your mates? Counter terrorist stuff? Reserves don’t have the experience full timers do so in what scenario can they be placed?
>>
How do I tell the recruiter I want to go special forces without looking like a cringy teenager? My dream is to be in Task Force Delta
>>
Does MEPS use the Genesis system to see your vax records? If so, what if a hypothetical person were to present his recruiter with a fake but passable vax card? Would they check with MHS anyway? Would it even show if they had the vax?
>>
>>55294469
>Enlistment
Where's the mobilization general?
>>
Does anyone here know about the FLEP program? I want to know if it's legit, how competitive it is, etc.
>>
>>55297936
No need. All of the Russians that couldn’t escape probably don’t even have access to the internet.
>>
>>55298002
It sounds gay
>>
>>55294469
Are there any stand out mos's someone should choose? or just the usual intelligence /cyber ones?
>>
>>55296083
CLEP/DSST anon here. Your milage may vary on this mindset. Employers generally want people who can provide results for any given position, but certifications are not a substitute for this, nor a replacement for a bachelor's. The anon is right about the GI bill not granting a full 4 years worth of college to earn your bachelor's because the program gives you 36 months worth of time based tuition payments (unless you quality for Vocrehab through the VA, which can potentially put you at 48 months). The problem with his suggestion regarding college is threefold:
1) anon assumes you start with 0 college credits
2) anon assumes you leave the service without taking any advantage of TA, CLEP, or DSST (or that the institution won't accept anything from the JST as even elective credits)
3) anon makes the ignorant assumption that the military won't fund your interest in obtaining certifications through programs like the Navycool program, or get you a head start on certain types of apprenticeship programs (depending on your rate/most) by utilizing USMAPs while you're doing your daily work.

TL:Dr, even if certificates can land you a job, you become as replaceable as the next guy who earns one. College still has merit depending on your career path, the military offers many options, and anon's assessment is myopic at best.

I'm around to answer questions
>>
>>55297822
>look up random instagram liberal
>find their pic of when they posted their full vaxx card back at the very beginning (important)
>make a forgery
Back when vaxx was first being pushed they were handing out cards without keeping records. They were giving vaxx at churches and shit out the backs of ambulances.
>>
350F here. So an army recruiter just inprocessed into my unit and I had a long chat with him about the recruiting situation and genesis and all that shit. Now i believe how retarded it is since I have a first hand account irl. Full retard shit like ibuprofen waivers, and waivers for kidney issues they had corrected at birth. Whats funny is this guy told me the med waivers and vaxx refusals arent even 30% of the issue with bringing people on. Apparently the primary issue is asvab scores. Zoomers cant do math, and even if they manage the minimum QT, their line scores are so poor they have to waiver them. The other reasons for lack of recruits were the college incentive. Since starbucks and chic fil a and walmart offer TA, they could just do that instead.
>>
>>55300121
CLEP/DSST anon here. Ask me how I know you aren't 350F anon.
>>
>>55300290
That dude has tried to act like 350F a few times but he doesn’t know the first thing about what he is talking about so he can’t fake it
>>
>>55294469
The only reason to join the military is the free school and the training. Unless Russia or China actually starts WW3 joining now is 100% blowing out your knees/dying for Israel.
>>
>>55294469
Sorry meant >>55300463 for >>55294478
>>
>>55299817
>Back when vaxx was first being pushed they were handing out cards without keeping records.
Are you sure about that? It seems like the lots were being recorded at the very least.
I'm sure nobody will care if you fake your card and submit an expended lot. You don't have to go through this much trouble.
>>
>>55300572
I know if you go on Walgreens' (or whatever pharmacy you use) website you can find your vax records on there, so I assume that even if the lot numbers in the card coincide with that pharmacy, the military can see if the store kept the record of it. If you have a card but no pharmacy records to back it up, I wonder what they would do. I guess you could argue that the pharmacy maybe hadn't updated your records yet. That is, after all, the purpose of having the card in the first place.
>>
>>55300121
I have a really hard time believing that. I think young people are just less interested than they used to be. It's too bad there are no numbers to show how many fewer people express interest at all.
>>
File: Burger-King_offloading.jpg (226 KB, 640x480)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>55294478
>The burger king cargo delivery image is, however, welcome
Fuckin' A it is.
>>
>>55297771
Just ask for an 18X contract. You'll washout anyway
>>
>>55300927
>the military can see if the store kept the record of it
I'm not convinced that this happens. When people get vaccinated for anything, the 207 is filled out and it just goes onto your 2766.
>I guess you could argue that the pharmacy maybe hadn't updated your records yet.
This would be the sticking point, when the genesis pull doesn't show that you've been vaccinated. The process would be to verify the lot, but I don't know if people would actually do it or just enter the lot and call it a day.
People at MEPS hate their lives and are just waiting to go home, they wouldn't want to do the work. I think they'd just call it a DQ and push the onus onto the applicant to register their lot, then reschedule MEPS; then the applicant would be right back where they started, except they'd have to deal with a civilian healthcare provider who may care about doing their job correctly and who will actually verify the lot.
The tldr, is that there is no telling what'll happen, it will be based on how lazy the person you encounter is.
>>
File: 1657859372821m.jpg (145 KB, 1024x576)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>Thanks you for your service
>>
>>55300572
The trick to faking a vaccine card isn't to forge it. Get a nurse to fill out the card then throw out the vaccine before she injects you. At this point even medical staff are disillusioned by the mandatory vaccines because they all know it doesn't work.

t. Literally did this last week when my S1 said I was missing my 2nd dose of bullshit
>>
I was curious if anyone has any info on what the life of a 91E looks like, specifically in the Rangers.

All I can find is this one post saying 91Es can't join, despite every official source I can find listing it as a viable MOS specifically for the 75th rangers.

There's nothing else I can find on the subject, does anyone know anything about it?
>>
>>55302027
Its gay
>>
>>55302102
Earth is gay. You need to be more specific
>>
>>55302027
If you wanna be a Ranger, be an 11B Ranger not some gay ass POG.
>>
>>55301997
How do you throw out the vaccine before she injects you? She first needs to draw the vaccine liquid from that tiny vaccine tub and then inject you with it.
>>
AAAAAAAAH MY SHIIIIIINS.
>>
Anyone have any experience with or interesting things to say about JAG? I'm currently in law school and thinking about trying to go navy.
>>
>>55301511
I can run 5 miles in 30 minutes
>>
>>55302703
>mfw he's commenting on service ruining your body
>mfw the reality is while serving that his shins would be ruined from his fat as fuck wife trying to ride cowboy.
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>55302027
Message /u/75thrangerrecruiter on plebbit and ask em. They have an email and IG iirc
>>
>>55302690
>How do you throw out the vaccine before she injects you? She first needs to draw the vaccine liquid from that tiny vaccine tub and then inject you with it.

The implication is that the nurse throws out the vaccine for you.

>>55302736
That's all well and good, but that doesn't mean you won't quit. Give it a shot though. Good luck
>>
>>55300121
350F here. This is a different take. Cant tell what you are trolling about now.
>>55302027
Just wanted to tell you that being POG in regiment still gets you treated like shit by your "combat" peers. After you get out of the army it will be all brotherhood and shit, but not when youre in.
>>55302720
Go for it. Deductive reasoning tells me it will be annoying at first because you are baically learning a whole set of laws and legalese that will contradict what you learn in actual law school. Same thing happens with military police. Although I will say military actions are a little less retarded than they used to be. Nothing has actually changed on paper, but I feel the culture to just automatically fuck someone over to the fullest extent and send them to leavenworth isnt a thing anymore, at least in the past 5 years.
>>
File: 1663965584256927m.jpg (162 KB, 821x1024)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
No not like this airforcebros!
>>
File: 184719.png (79 KB, 693x108)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>55303217
wtf? is this true, 350F anon?
>>
>>55297771
>Task Force Delta
lmao
>>55302736
don't be an antisocial retard and pull your weight otherwise wont matter how fit you are if you get dropped through peer evaluation
>>
>>55294469
So I’m gonna give some anons here some fair warning.
I work at a navy fighter squadron, I won’t say which coast. The reckless, impulsive management style, the never ending operational commitments, the consistent 80 hour work weeks, they are par for the course.
Working here has made me develop a fucking anxiety disorder,
Stay far the fuck away from the fighter community.
>>
>>55305109
It is common knowledge that aircraft maintenance is a shitty life.
Thanks though.
>>
>>55305109
What's the life like for the pilots/NFOs though?
>>
>>55294469

Oh looks its /meg/

Okay here's try number 13.

>Why should I join the military and take orders from people who want my way of life to end and want to have me killed?
>Who after I'm done, would have me labeled as a Domestic threat.

Please answer the question Military recruiters.
>>
>>55302720
If you had to start from scratch and could only go to law school or join the navy, which would you choose?
>>
>>55305709
You get to do cool shit every once in a while
>>
Going in as MC for the Navy
What are the chances as soon as I get out I can start writing as a journalist for whatever big Indian media companies out there if I learn the language
>>
>>55305109
>Be wrench slave
>It sucks

Wow
>>
>>55305709
Not a recruiter, but an airforce pilot. I feel safer being a conscription age male and having already secured a comfy job in the military, than being in marketing or something for a civilian company. If you get drafted you'll end up as a grunt, not flying the 100million dollar airplanes above the mud. Idk if this is actually a valid thought process, but it helps me sleep at night.
>>
>>55306491
>If you get drafted

You could also shoot who ever comes to get you in the face,

If (((they))) want to fight a war, (((they))) can do it themselves.
>>
Can I get an Army commission with a 2.0 GPA and a Bachelor of Science in Economics? I graduated 5 years ago and I've been working as a sort of low-level public servant ever since.
>>
>>55306748
Nope, you don't meet the minimum GPA to apply.
>>
>>55306933
Since when does the Army have a GPA minimum?
>>
>>55306748
>2.0 GPA

What are you, retarded?
>>
>>55307068
No. I'm smart. I had a lot of difficult things going on in college and I eventually prioritized just finishing over finishing and getting good grades.
>>
File: 1636134828704.jpg (184 KB, 750x938)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>tfw torn between going to college and going into debt vs going into the chair force to get paid for college while uncle sam puts my balls in a vice-grip
getting paid to learn new skills, do schoolwork on the side, and lift in my downtime sounds badass but I also don't know if I can lick boots for 4 years straight
>>
>>55307127
Glad you made it through, but you don't meet the minimum to commission in any branch. You're going to have to do post-grad if you want to attempt to commission.
>>
>>55307463
Where are you reading a GPA minimum to receive an Army commission?
>>
Civil*ans are c u ç k s
>>
>>55308059
Go home, PFC. You're drunk.
>>
>>55306748
I don't even try in college and my gpa is 3.1
I do the entire weeks homework on sunday nights from 9pm-11pm
>>
>>55307256
same
there is another way
just go into a trade
>>
>>55308180
Engineering majors struggling through their programs on average finish with a 2.8. A 2.0 is inexcusable.
I'd definitely make the argument that someone with such a low GPA is extremely lazy, or functionally retarded and has no business being in a middle management position.
>>
>>55308187
would rather works towards my goal of cyber security desu
if I'm gonna be stuck doing something for a large portion of my life I'd like to enjoy it
>>
>>55307256
>>55308187
>>55308464
35N three year contract
35N or 35T reservist position finish AIT receive six figure offer at NSA (make sure you change gender and race on all forms to black woman)
>>
Anyone here used their gi bill?
>>
>>55308596
CLEP/DSST anon. I'm a GI bill virgin, and I'm saving the first time I use it for somewhere special.
>>
>>55304200
350F here. True in that AF hasnt updated their ascensions regulations to reflect "new" 2018 AF regs which contradicts that. You can keep your dual citizenship, just say you mailed a letter to that countries embassy. Then once youre in youre A okay with having dual citizenship unless its with russia, iraq, naughty countries. Go on AF e pubs look up 16-1405 and ctr+f dual citizenship. You just gotta make it past meps.
>>
File: file.png (38 KB, 1198x77)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>55299763
>>55300290
>>55308854
Based CLEP/DSST anon, do you know of any CLEP/DSST/some other shit I can knock out very quickly that would satisfy this transfer requirement? Once I saw "upper-level" I was pretty sure I was screwed but I figured I'd ask just in case.

>>55307256
You can easily work on a degree online while in the military (you probably won't finish it in one contract but you will take a large chunk out if you want to) so ask yourself if the social life of college is worth the debt. This is not a joke, the thought of how much partying, drugs, fucking, and just chilling I haven't done haunts my mind too often every day. Every time I go to the nearby college town filled with hot zoomer chicks socializing and shit I wonder if I'll be able to attract a good amount of them with my financial stability if I go to college after I separate, and the conclusion I never fail to reach is "probably not". These are opportunities I won't be able to experience even with a $100K contracting salary and the GI Bill.
With that said I'm autistic and going to be 27, not 22, when I separate, so your experience will probably be better desu. I recommend joining the military unless you get into Ivy League or something.
>>
>>55308854
350F here. A foreign school like oxford maybe?

https://www.va.gov/education/about-gi-bill-benefits/how-to-use-benefits/study-at-foreign-schools/
>>
>>55308920
>just say you mailed a letter to that countries embassy
Won't they check with the embassy whether I actually sent it or no?
>16-1405

c. (Added) (AF) The individual with dual citizenship and foreign passport will
report foreign preference concerns to the commander. (T-0). The Commander will
provide subsequent written notification to the servicing IPO for utilizing foreign passport
for foreign travel. (T-0). The servicing IPO must report the information to DoD CAF via
JPAS (or successor system) for adjudication. (T-0). The servicing IPO is not authorized to
retain or destroy foreign passport(s) or identity cards as means of risk mitigation.

I tried googling those acronyms but this is the only part that I don't really understand too well. What is exactly "foreign preference concern"?
>>
File: clep.png (313 KB, 800x1714)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>55308933
Summoning CLEP anon. I asked a while ago about hustling methods while active duty and some anon recommended applying for FAFSA + TA and pocket the change, but unless I misread it, someone said that not all units let you use TA, or that you need to have it approved by your chain of command... so how does TA work exactly?
>>
>>55308960
CLEP/DSST anon here. Nahh. Probably gonna maximize my BAH while studying. I have family in California. I have considered other study opportunities abroad, though. By the time I'm done, I'll have two bachelors degrees or a double major with my bachelor's. Best case scenario is both (depends on how things pan out, and where I decide to go), but scheduling it all will be the hard part I think.

Also, I like oxford, but I'd probably consider university of Cambridge if I had to pick something from the UK. Just personal preference.
>>
>>55308933
>Based CLEP/DSST anon, do you know of any CLEP/DSST/some other shit I can knock out very quickly that would satisfy this transfer requirement? Once I saw "upper-level" I was pretty sure I was screwed but I figured I'd ask just in case.
CLEP/DSST anon here. DSST tests have only 3 or 4 tests that some institutions accept as "upper level". I'm not sure what WGU's (I googled the information in your image) policy is for accepting DSST tests, but I do know that none of the upper level recommended courses offered by DSST tests are considered "leadership" categories.

Talk with your accedemic advisor. Ask them if there's a "test out" option for that course. Be prepared to study the materials and follow their instructions to the letter. If they don't allow you to test it out, you may have to bite that bullet, or look at online universities that have a schedule with the class you need to transfer the credits you desire. Good luck!

>>55309473
>so how does TA work exactly?
Good question. This shit changes every damn year, so the answer changes all the time. I will discuss this from a Navy standpoint since that was my service when I was in.

There are two considerations to keep in mind when asking about TA:
1) the military-wide rules and regulations
2) the instructions at your command

For the first consideration: you will need to make sure you complete the online training, it will go over the most current rules. If you are navy go to MyNavy portal and go to the MyNavy education section. Work from there. You will need a cac reader, as access is restricted. Pay attention to what the training requires, and use the "contact us" function during the week to get clarification on what needs to happen next if you get stuck. They will help you, it's what they're paid for.

(CONT. ON THE NEXT POST [1/2])
>>
>>55309718
CLEP/DSST anon here continuing:

For the second consideration: You need to keep 3 things in mind at all times with the command regulations:
-You must be up to date with your quals
-You must not schedule any classes that interfere with the work schedule, and duty section responsibilities. College takes a back seat.
-You must not be a piece of shit. You will need your command's support for this process. Getting support is harder if you do others dirty on the back end.
Every command has their own instructions and process to account for people utilizing TA. It's generally easier on shore duty to accomplish the process, but not outside the realm of possibility to do it underway. As your command career counselor, Education duty officer, or personnel specialists as applicable. Make sure you follow the command instruction, as requirements vary.

A few more notes to keep in mind:

-Keep a copy of any paperwork involved with the TA request process, the approved papers, and your grades from the institution. It can make the process go quicker next time you have to submit a request because you'll have some of what you need, and it will cover your ass in case someone says you owe the government money for "failing a class"
-You are on the hook to repay the military if you do not at least achieve a (I think it's still) C-.
-If the operation tempo changes and it interferes with your courses schedule, then it's possible you may not have to pay back any affected course.
-If you can only do one class at a time, do one class at a time. Do math.
-Plenty of online classes have online options with no meetings, but may have a proctored midterm or final exam. The college I recommend for near 100% online DIY college with little schedule conflict is Thomas Edison State University, but shop around and find out what's offered nearby, and what works for you.
-Absolutely work towards the pace you're comfortable with. If it's your first time, do one class.
Good luck!

[2/2]
>>
>>55309797
>As your command career counselor, Education duty officer, or personnel specialists as applicable.
*Ask
>>
>>55309718
>>55309797
Thanks for taking the time to write such a comprehensive answer, CLEP/DSST anon, and on a friday night even! I'm going Army/Air Force but I'll keep all that in mind.
>>
>>55309862
CLEP/DSST anon here. I will try to get information on the Air force tuition policy (it's supposedly different for them cause they have their own community college), but you will still need to adhere to the local command instructions and guidelines regardless.

Any given command cannot remove rules outlined by the higher echelons, but you better believe they can add more.
>>
>>55309901
>I will try to get information on the Air force tuition policy
I will obviously continue to do research on my own, but since you're more versed in the topic than me it'd a big help since my friend is the one mostly interested in AF, for me it's a backup plan since I plan to go army. Just reply to this post through the day if you find anything, it's obviously ok if you're busy or if you forget though. I'll still keep checking back through the weekend.
>>
>>55308180
>>55308412
In practice, GPA does not matter almost at all.
>>
>>55311447
Be sure to tell that to the recruiters that tell you that you do not hit the minimum requirements. Tell us what they say to you before they escort you out of their offices.
>>
>>55311478
You still haven't even cited anything that mentions a minimum. It sounds more likely that you don't actually know, have no experience with recruiting, and are just talking out of your ass.
>>
>>55311588
You can literally go to the websites of every branch and check the minimum requirements. Officer applicants are expected to possess the capability of independent learning and research. You failed before the test even began.
>>
>>55309613
350F here. I am also from cali btw, grew up in simi valley. If you want to milk the GI bill for all its worth, definitely pick a school in the bay area for that 5k a month bah.
>>55309202
They wont. Currently whats happening is either they follow the new rules and your security manager reports the dual citizenship on your clearance (you can bullshit about how your recruiter lied or whatever, they understand cause it happens so often), then you just wait for the clearance adjudicators to tell you good to go or you need to rescind. Or they follow the old rules and they tell you to write a formal statement that you are declaring you have rescinded your citizenship, and they will ask for your passport to shred (tell them you already mailed it back in). Then after your years of how long your contract is, no one is the wiser. Just dont ever use that foreign passport until after you are out.

As far as the regulation, when it says the commander it means your units security manager. The IPO is his higher level security manager at the wing (AF is retarded in that they cuck their group and squadron security managers and limit their capabilities so that the wing security manager is the only one who can actually process actions. No other service or agency does this). Dod caf (now called dcsa cas) is the agency that handles the security clearances aka the ones who go over your sf86 and investigation documents and decides whether or not you keep your clearance. JPAS (now called DISS) is just the computer system we submit documents on to communicate with DCSA CAS. So what its saying is, you tell your units security manager hey i have dual citizenship btw, they tell the wing security manager, you write a formal statement saying you rescind your citizenship and have already turned in your passport, the wing security manager submits it on their system, the clearance people look at it and go good to go.
>>
>>55312120
Cont
Foreign preference concern means they worry about your allegience to the US, amd if you will give up classified shit to the other country or fuck up the US on behalf of the other country.
>>
>>55312120
>>55312138
Thank you 350F anon, that is very helpful. I'm from a south america shithole (not venezuela) so no problem, but my friend who also wants to join the AF is from Palestine and has a Palestinian passport, and given its peculiarities I'm wondering if that country is on the "dangerous countries" or whatever list, or if my friend will have to rescind the citizenship
>>
>>55311988
https://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/find-your-path/army-officers.html
>Do I need a college degree to become an Army Officer?
>Yes, the one basic requirement to become an Officer is that you must have a bachelor’s degree
I'm asking you to show me what website states clearly a GPA minimum for Army OCS because I am not seeing one, if that wasn't clear.
>>
Can 350F tell me if there is an informal GPA cutoff for Army OCS? I am not seeing a formal one listed anywhere, so I think I'm right in saying a formal one does not exist.
>>
>>55296019
The amount of homeless veterans I see young and old really has an impact especially if zoomers walk past them a lot while they go to school. The suicide rate gets talked about more these days that certainly doesn't help. Biggest thing working against you recrooters now though is the internet instead of giving you a better grip it lets zoomers do research on how shit it is to be in the military is and that there are other options besides college as well so you lose a chunk of potential recruits that now longer desire the GI Bill.

>>55296519
Also this if our country actually cared about national security for people like me than I would have joined long time ago.
>>
>>55313066
99.99% of homeless veterans were never in the military.
>>
>>55313066
nobody cares about your neverserved opinion
>>
>>55313066
Social media has a bigger grip on Generation Z than anything else. On social media, the military has gone from cool or smart to downright embarrassing and cringe virtually overnight. They're also aware the signing bonuses are bullshit and the other major draw, the GI Bill, is not as appealing since less and less of these kids are not even interested in school at all.
>>
>>55313046
The minimum is a 2.0, but that I don't even know if you can graduate college with less. Just apply, the standards aren't actually that high and GPA unironically is not even a factor in your packet. You need letters of recommendation, a clean record, and to be good physical shape more than you need an arbitrary collegiate score.

t. is currently in Army Guard OCS
>>
>>55313089
There is the smith and wesson retirement plan anytime you need it zogdrone if the VA would ever have to cut down operations to the point they can provide your fix anymore.

>>55313129
Yeah social media will continue to play a big role for future generations decisions, back in the day it was pretty hard to figure out what the military was actually like in the 1980s or something unless you had a family member in or something but now you get plenty of horror stories online that Gen Z can read that probably ends up making them choose a different path in life.

I'm sure the woke recruitment ads didn't help but I think more than anything else people can just read and watch people talk about their experiences which many are negative.
>>
>>55313209
>I'm sure the woke recruitment ads didn't help
I doubt anyone under 40 really cares about that, service members on social media in uniform acting like they are a special class of citizen with more privileges I believe most contributed to the current view of the US military.
I also agree that readily available information about how much being enlisted fucking sucks had a massive impact as well. The zoomer mentality of individuality and freedom is incompatible with a military lifestyle.
>>
>>55313461
>I doubt anyone under 40 really cares about that
Well not so sure about bigger cities but back home in my back water rural town of only 28k people least recruitment targeted aged cousins think the military is woke now and will just be going into trades or keep working on their farms. Least with a certain American demographic those ads didn't help. Anyone that is woke themselves probably isn't keen on joining the military anyway unless they are troon looking help with an operation or something.
>>
>>55313461
>service members on social media in uniform acting like they are a special class of citizen with more privileges I believe most contributed to the current view of the US military.

NTA, but people are just disillusioned by the government dude. On both sides of the spectrum conservatives don't wanna serve because they hate the government and liberals don't wanna serve for they're hippy faggots who think we're baby killers.

Also 20 years of war wears out a nation.
>>
>>55313066
>zoomers
>incapable of any form of commitment
>not even willing to put in the bare minimum effort
>attention span of a mite
>brains fried with Adderall
>has panic attacks when separated from a phone for 4 hours
>pronouns and 47 mental disorders in bio

...yeah the "research on how shit it is to be in the military" is totally the reason why recruitment numbers are down LMFAO.
The few zoomers that we get are absolutely fucking useless, they whine about everything and struggle with PFT worse than fucking WOMEN did ten years ago.
A month can't go past without one of the cunts being caught on fucking TikTok while on guard post.
>>
>>55313524
Actually there is a factor I didn't consider till you mentioned it. The amount of guys I ran into that are drugged up under the age of 25 now is pretty insane. Pharma hands shit like adderall out like candy and only god knows how much it messed with this current generation's brains. When I was going through school in the late 90s through the 00s only 1/5th of my class was on adderall or something like it but now it's probably triple that amount.

I ended up a merchant marine instead of just joining the Navy like my pops, some of the younger guys I work with now that are just 5 to 10 years younger than me seems many were on something like adderall at some point and they are bit out there wonder if we'll see ads in a decade or so that go like "if you or a love one was prescribed adderall for any long length of time you might be entitled to money damages". Many only last a year because they miss being online constantly and as a result we are always needing to fill roles that generations past would just stick with anywhere from 5 to 25 years.
>>
>>55294478
>inb4 "muh die for Israel"
>inb4 "muh vax/booster"
>inb4 "muh welfare queens"
>inb4 "muh recrooters"
>inb4 a skitzo dominates the thread for 4 hours increasing the post count, but not the poster count
>inb4 "muh gay pride and diversity"
>inb4 "muh trannies"
All the things listed are literally what US military is all about.
By enlisting your support government that wants to ban all guns and is covering up for rich pedophiles.
>>
>>55294469
America's Humiliated and Demoralized Military:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mINZmZYsDEU
>>
>>55313461
Before 1990s it was quite easy to cover up all the shitty and negative things about US military, but now that anyone can access Internet, shit comes out no matter how much brass goofs try to cover it up.
>>
>>55313837
> angry recroooter cope
Why do you multicam faggots keep coming back to this pro-gun board?
This is a board for gun collectors and enthusiasts, go peddle your globalist shit on leftypol.
US government and any of its branches aren't welcome here.
>>
>>55313078
That doesn't change the fact that a lot of former military guys are homeless.
When you see a guy in wheelchair begging for change - that's a guy who thought its a good idea to enlist into US military a few decades ago.
>>
>>55313461
They do because it's embarrassing. Would-be soldiers want to join something martial and cool and come from conservative communities where that sort of thing is distasteful if not outright opposed.
>>
>>55313912
BASED
>>
>>55312120
>350F here. I am also from cali btw, grew up in simi valley. If you want to milk the GI bill for all its worth, definitely pick a school in the bay area for that 5k a month bah.
CLEP/DSST anon here. Great minds think alike. I'm trying to avoid SFSU because I know the rush hour will be a pain in the ass in any direction, but anything between San Jose state university and UC Davis are on the table. Standford is unironically the closest institution to where I have family living, but there are many factors I'll consider before making the final choice. I'll probably apply to Standford anyway for shits and giggles.
>>
>>55314522
>Standford is unironically the closest institution to where I have family living, but there are many factors I'll consider before making the final choice. I'll probably apply to Standford...
*Stanford
I'm not getting in with my current English skills, lol.
>>
>>55313046
350F here. Depends on your region, but for AD 3.0 to be competitive, but it depends. And nowadays they are a but more leneient. For reserves/NG it could be whatever.
>>
>>55314648
Maybe I'll look into NG if I can't do AD. I just wonder if it's really worth it.
>>
What is the worst food you've had to eat in the military?
>>
>>55315059
Any of the Vegetarian MREs and anytime we get Hot-A's in the field. How field chow doesn't seem bad at the time, but it is simply not enough food and it's cold most of the time.
>>
>>55315059
2006 Penne Spicy Pasta was real fuckin shitty even as far as vegan MREs go
>>
>>55313025
>>
>>55313502
>Least with a certain American demographic those ads didn't help.
I can definitely agree with that, those who are prone to buying into culture wars stuff have been affected.
>>55313517
Another point I agree with. Trust in government is at an all time low primarily due to politicians playing culture war games while normal people starve and work only so they can afford to travel to work.
I'm not sure what it'll take for people to revolt, but I feel like we are getting there.
>>55313524
Yet another good point. Politicians played themselves when they allowed pharma to experiment on US youth.
A conspiracy theorist would probably call it a natural step to the NWO, but I think it is simply them being blinded by greed and not having the foresight to not act against their interests.
>>
>>55315059
CLEP/DSST anon here. American cheese doesn't belong on lasagna. It also isn't suitable to serve for midrats 2 days later.
>>
Ive noticed some jobs and schools in the Army have a "no drug or alcohol abuse" policy. For instance 15 series MOS's and schools like sniper. I have a civilian public intoxication charge that was dismissed, am I still fucked or how stringent exactly are they on this type of thing? I was hoping to do 15u or 15t. I also heard things are more lenient if youre already in the military and apply at that point, so if I cant initially, is there a chance to reclass after my first contract if I maintain a good record? Thanks for any info
>>
File: sailor_chad.png (422 KB, 680x838)
422 KB
422 KB PNG
>>55315059
3 days bread and water
>>
is tech school as stringent as basic with outside communication or can you call people at will once you're out of basic?
>>
>>55314837
Depends on what you want to get out of it. With NG and res you at least get to "pick" your officer career field. Basically you unit you are dealing with will know what avaialable officer jobs there are in your state, and you can pick from that list. Versus AD where its random. If you are in HI, CA, NY, or any other ccw restricted state, look at 31A MP officer. You can get LEOSA out of it and ccw nationwide.
>>
>>55315922
350F here. Semi but mostly unrelated but I have a buddy who was a 15T and now contractor as a crew chief and he can never do contracts in canada because of a public intoxication charge. Canada is strict as fuck with allowing people to enter their country even on vacation for any minor criminal charge.
>>
>>55309718
>>55309797
Someone should pastebin this TA info
>>
>>55316536
You will have your phone.
>>
>>55316536
The duty day/class time is class but with the structure of a low security prison. The rest of the time is basically real life but with wildly overbearing parents. You get your phone outside of class.
(My experience was three years ago but I doubt it changed much)
>>
File: 1644020770473.jpg (475 KB, 1024x1000)
475 KB
475 KB JPG
>>
>>55317786
>women are unfaithful to military men
>military men are unfaithful to women
No surprise there.
>>
>>
>>55315059
None, I liked it all.
t. Army
Don't join the Navy though you'll literally fucking die
>>
>>55315059
350F here. I was in Eritrea for a nice summer vacation once, they gave me some local food, worst smelling and tasting of all time. As far as on a military base, I was once on a fob in iraq and they had a mobile kitchen the 92Gs brought out. They served us powdered eggs that tasted like chlorine, and steak that legitimately smelled like b.o. thank god I was with SF group at the time and my buddy shared his stash of spaghetti Os with me.
>>
>>55317786
"No! I dont want that! I want to be at the front of her mind for a while! Ten years, at least!"
>>
>>55313912
Post a timestamped picture of your firearms
>>
CLEP/DSST anon here. I'm around to answer questions
>>
>>55318456
>>55318498
there's no way this is possible anymore, right?
>>
>>55294478
>>55294524
>>55294592
>be me
>retarded
>bought that stupid “My Lineage” family crest ring or whatever
>instant regret
How do I cancel my order for this shit?
>>
>>55320164
Idk. Ask your recrooter and share the answer here for the rest of us.
>>
so PJ is apparently letting the colorblind join the ranks. its only fifteen years after I wanted that job, but better late than never?

>33
>great shape (run marathons etc.) never had a sports type injury
>have a career, defense contractor, I could give it up if push came to shove but i'd prefer ANG

what do you think faggots of /k/? I'd still probably train for a year since if I'm going to go in as grandpa i might as well be tuned up. that and my wife would need to get used to the idea for a little bit.
>>
>>55320601
do it bro. no regrets
>>
>>55320601
You got this man
>>
Is anyone here trying to become part of delta force?
>>
>>55315059
BBC.
>t.navy sailor
>>
Took a real bad hit and lost three upper front teeth to the point of needing a partial denture. Will that be a problem, or would I be able to receive implants?
>>
I finished mandatory milservice (~8 months) but like 5 years ago and I still have something around 4 years of mandatory refresher 3 weeks a year or so that i've delayed by being out of country.
Civilian life is not really panning out for me, so what do you guy think about going back for one refresher and then signing up the the goykraine meatgrinder but with a based unit like georgian legion or similar? Idk I trust my training from 5 years ago without at least one refresher first and don't want to go to the pits of global jewry unprepared. I did scout/sniper fyi so I think its not completely useless skills, even without combat exp.

I also don't give a fuck about the politics of the situation just want to do applied soldiering instead of theoretical classroom soldiering for the rest of my life, ya get me?
>>
>>55320601
You realize that you can do both, right?
>>
>>55320013
I'm the anon who asked about Air Force TA before. For anyone interested, I leave below the link in which I found the supposedly up to date information regarding how the AF handles TA (Tuition Assistance). Archived just in case
https://archive.is/rHxO3
>>
>>55321863
Also, here is a PDF with the policies that applied for FY2021, I can't find if they made changes for 2022
https://www.117arw.ang.af.mil/Portals/16/documents/Air%20Force%20Tuition%20Assistance%20Program.pdf
>>
>>55321890
>>55321863
CLEP/DSST anon here. Thanks for helping out that anon.
>>
>>55322331
*thanks for helping out with that, anon
>>
>>55320601
What do you do in defense contracting? Is the individual a merc? I’m not too familiar with that sector. I could google it but I doubt I’d get a specific answer.
>>
>>55323069
hes most likely doing some form of static security, though he could be VIP protection, roving security and all kinds of more specialized stuff like cyber security and counter intelligence.
>>
>>55323161
Ah interesting. I’m a civil engineer. Is there a way my degree/skills/etc can be used in defense contracting?
>>
>>55323188
I won't say no as I'm sure there are contracts related to it every so often but I wouldn't think there's very many, plus I'd imagine even engineering contracts require or want you to have a security clearance. Search silentprofessionals, the closest job I could find with a quick search probably isn't something you meet the exact requirements or expertise for but I'm no civil engineer so I can't tell.
https://silentprofessionals.org/jobs/construction-surveillance-technician-cst-iraq/
>>
Bump
>>
>>55323241
So you're just talking out your ass. Got it.
>>
>>55323241
Thanks anon.
>>
>>55304200
>can't be a dual citizen in the military
>can be a dual citizen in congress and the senate
weird fucking priorities you yanks have
>>
>>55323188
350F here. When people say contracting, its not necessarily "mercenary" work. There are thousands of gov contract companies for every job imaginable from janitor to secretary to cook to protective security detail to engineer etc. All of these contract companies are normal companies, they just have active registrations to hire out services to the fed gov. Look at boeing for example.
>>
>>55321075
You can't dude. Not for years man. Look it up. They take from the best of the best. Join and go SF. Start there
>>
>>55324843
Hello 350F anon. Would you happen to know if someone with Palestinian "citizenship" would be required to relinquish his passport to join the Air Force?
Since Palestine is not exactly a recognized country or has an embassy... and is also in the middle east, so you know, I dont know if its on the shit list for dangerous countries to the US.
>>
>>55320635
>>55320752
Post timestamped pictures of your firearms, recrooter scum.
>>
>>55325338
350F here. AF will tell your friend to rescind it regardless. He will need to do the same thing i told you. Assuming he is a dual citizen. But for his country, why does he want to maintain citizenship? Is he planning to go back? Because i fucking wouldnt lol.
>>
>>55326730
My friend has a lot of family there or some shit like that, dont think is planning to go back though. Alright, thanks a lot as always 350F anon.
>>
>>55326730
based 350F anon, I want to buy an AR but I'm too retarded to figure out how to do it and I don't know what to get. Should I go to the BX or a gun store to have them handhold me through the process?
Colorado if it matters.
>>
>>55327822
350F here. You want me to just tell you what to get? I dont mind. Give me an idea of your budget and what kind of style yohre looking for (ar pistol, 20 inch, cqb, long range, retor, military, etc.).
>>
>>55327892
kek last time I asked you said 'Depending on your budget either go classic FN built m4 or m16 and kit it out as your "duty rifle" and keep it as is. Or build a custom off of a BCM or DD upper and aero or PSA stealth lower. If it were my first AR I would get the FN clones first. Because they only come out every so few years. For example, thank god i bought an m24 during the one run remington decided to sell to civilians. Plus, if you end up getting into shooting as a hobby, you will end up dicking around with like 5 different builds. Nice to have one or two solid builds you know not to dick with lol.' so I looked at the M4 clone and was like that's pretty cool but I want a tacticool rail to bling it out, and then the rest was totally lost on me aside from knowing the brand acronyms. I don't know what an upper and lower is, I'm just a pog who grew up in a nogunz state.

>Budget: uhh, under $1000 for the rifle itself I guess, $???? for optics and shit
>Style: AR-15 or anything close enough to be compatible with the same parts. Probably 5.56 but I'd consider pistols if you think I should.
>Length: 14.5" but I'm flexible
>Use: Freedom (also maybe a shooting range occasionally)
What do I do if I decide to sell it? Can anyone with an FFL buy it from me without many hoops or what?
Also why is /arg/ so fucking autistic?
>>
>>55327892
NTA but what would be a good beginner AR15 platform for a small framed woman? her budget is say, 700$ max. I don't know shit about guns (for now).
>>
>>55301997
Wouldn't they inject you first and then fill it out? And even if I asked them to falsely fill out the card for me, they have all my info already since vax appointments have to be scheduled in advance usually. I don't know if you can get in trouble for attempting to falsify medical records since there will be no proof, but if you ended up trying to bribe them to do it and they refuse, there would probably be some sort of action taken there. If nothing else, the pharmacy chain might ban you.
>>
>>55329038
It is protocol in both the civilian and mil worlds to inject first then do the paperwork.
That anon is just some derp who is making shit up to look big on the internet.
>>
>>55323069
>>55323161
aviation, not merc or anything.
>>
>>55328228
350F here. I wouldnt worry about resale too much because unless you are parting it out piece by piece or you have a high end brand name, or its a clone or reproduction of a military version of some sort, you wont recover much (it really depends on what parts popular or not). You can private sale to someone face to face or in a gun shop depending on the laws in your state. A gun store might buy it from you but it really depends. No you dont need an FFL to sell it. That being said, with your budget go ahead and get this.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/saint-series/saint-victor-ar-15-rifles/saint-victor-556-ar-15-rifle/

or save up an extra $150 and get this preferably.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/saint-series/saint-edge-ar-15-rifles/saint-edge-556-ar-15-rifle/

The first one keeps you under $1k (impactguns.com has them for decent prices), and it comes with iron sights so its ready to go. I thought about piecing one out for you to build, but I feel it might be too complicated for you no offense lol. As far as optics, here are two options.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-slx-1x-microprism-with-red-illuminated-acss-cyclops-gen-2-reticle

or

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-slx-md-20-advanced-push-button-20mm-micro-red-dot-sight

/arg/ is honestly about the same as in here

>>55328231
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-pa-15-11-5-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-phosphate-btr-classic-stealth-pistol-w-carry-handle.html

or

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-13-5-lightweight-m-lok-moe-ept-rifle-w-mbus-sight-set3.html

Depends on if her state allows AR pistols or not. Palmetto state armory guns are pretty much the cheapest you should go with complete ARs. Building is always cheaper of course, but there is nothing wrong with buying complete guns.
>>
>>55328228
Roughly 141% of /arg/ posters are seething consoomers mad that spending the down payment of a house on larp gear didn't turn them into tier 1 HSLD oper8rs overnight
>>
>>55330607
cont
Ran out of characters.
>>55328231
For most women, lightweight or compact is the way to go. Recoil is also something to consider, so a good muzzlebrake can address that. I do know plenty of women that enjoyed shooting the m16 style of rifles with the longer barrels and rifle buffer buttstocks because the amount of recoil is minimal. However the negative is that the rifles were fucking huge for them.
>>
File: 1622493346563.jpg (40 KB, 621x414)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Why are the overwhelming majority of military pilots homsexuals?
>>
>>55330816
Asking questions is antisemitic
>>
>>55329038
>>55329358
Except no that is not what happened. The nurse filled out the vaccine card first then I asked her to shoot me up with the second dose. The same thing happened when I get vaxxed at a military hospital, but I didn't ask them to lie because they both the nurses were 68Ws.

You don't have to believe anything I said. I know that I didn't get my second dose, and if you don't wanna get vaxxed at all just go to a CVS and see if the nurse will lie.

>Standard protocol is blah blah
You think SOP is followed in every instance? Faking a vaccine card is felonious and Court-martialable offense. No shit things didn't go by the book. I'm honestly done talking about it because I'm not even an anti-vaxxer. I was just letting people know that if you have the balls to ask you might be able to fake it.

This is only came up because the NCOs who originally injected me gave me the Double dose instead of the single so I had to get another shot 9 months later by which point the vaccines were proven to be a sham.
>>
>>55330998
>then I asked her *not to shoot me up with the second dose.

I specifically said "I'm only getting this shot so I don't get kicked out of the National Guard" too
>>
>>55294469
Are we even in any major wars anymore? What is the US military even doing after we fucked off from Afghanistan?
>>
>>55330816
how many cocks did you have to suck to find out about that?
>>
>>55316537
I'll probably talk to them regardless. I am just stuck between a rock and a hard place. The grades have prevented me from getting a good career, getting into graduate school, and I guess now getting an AD commission. If I can't get a NG commission I'll probably kms. My concern with NG, in general, is that I'd never be able to go active and never use the GI Bill and thus it wouldn't even be worth it. I don't think I'm interested in being an LEO. I don't have a good or desirable career already, but I do have a career, which I probably wouldn't leave to be an LEO.
>>
>>55297822
Have proof that 'your card' exists in picture or PDF form so if your recruiter asks you have it and that in and of itself should be good. I'm dealing with the same thing. I just went through meps the first time and qualified to enlist. They didnt ask about it once. Genesis didnt show anything or flag anything, even though it probably didnt have record of me 'having' it. Past that process, when you have your enlistement packet ready and want to go take the oath and ship out or whatever, it might get more complicated after that if they want to see it.
HOWEVER If its a card that when looked at does not look like an obvious printed fake, you'll be fine because the matter of the fact is that so many cards were issued without any record being recorded of it, there's nothing they can do. Just stick to your guns no matter what if its the path you decide on taking.
>>
>>55294469
I have a pulmonary test result identifying early airway disease/ aka mild intermittent asthma, how likely am i to get a medical waiver? was given an inhaler 7 years ago. talking with a recruiter tomorrow.
>>
>>55300121
Im in the process of enlisting now and I talked about how that goes with my recruiter and she had mentioned that their average asvab scores were in the 20s-30s and they were regularly getting single digit scored out of high school kids during covid years and even now. It was really funny conversation since we talked about that right after I took my asvab and got a high 90.
It puts into persective how damaging years of online 'schooling', mask bullshit, quarantines and woke liberalism is for kids and young teens.
>>
>>55306748
retake the classes that you failed or got low grades in. bring up the GPA on your transcipt
>>
>>55331402
If your goal is school, do rotc....you can do it for your masters.
>>
>>55331663
I don't think I can. I'd be too old at the end of an ROTC program for the commission. But I think I'd have to get admitted to a program first anyway, which like I said, isn't happening.
>>
>>55331645
It would take way too much time and money to have enough part-time courses with high enough grades to bring it up substantively. 4 years of perfect straight As in part-time courses would be that 2.0 up to about a 2.6.
>>
>>55331756
Gotcha, so do reserves. Dont do national guard. "Easier" to switch to active duty. Then just use tuition assistance which is $250 per college credit to work on school until you can switch to AD.
>>
>>55331856
That's really not very much at all.
>>
>>55320601
the process of joining the guard or reserve for pj or any afspecwar slot is quite long. and most units are fully manned or over 100% right now with some units (129th rqs) not having slots open up until 2025. But if you have good IFT numbers and water con skills I would say it doesnt hurt to give the units recruiter a call and see if there are any slots open. Expect going to meps or having a level 3 flight physical done before being able to attend a tryout. Tryout can be anything from a 1 day event + interview to a multiple day mini selection. Get started now
>>
>>55331886
Pick a college where it is. Or fuck it, enlist on any 3 year contract in the army (only one with 3 years as an option). Sucks you cant do officer but is what it is. Your fault for having a shitty gpa.
>>
What are the consequences of leaving the dep? I quit
>>
>>55332413
Just cant deal with your same recruiter office. Not because of any rule or anything. Just none of those people will want to deal with you.

Now please leave the thread.
>>
>>55332646
k
>>
>>55297822
They're going to boost you in basic, so doesn't matter. You will be jabbed.
>>
>>55332732
>>55332413
I won’t I never got vaccinated with anything since I was 18 and Covid happened when I was 20

But I don’t get the big deal
>>
>>55332770
you do know they vaxx you for tdap again?
>>
>>55332808
I don’t even know what tdap is
>>
>>55332839
tetanus
>>
>>55332857
Never got it as a adult and no plans to
>>
>>55332905
im saying mil would give you. Also you should probably get it. Thats the one where if you get cut by a rusty metal object you wont get lock jaw.
>>
>>55332922
I will not join. I will not get vaccines I have a immune system
>>
>>55332941
so did people who experienced the black death, but it's your life buddy
>>
>>55332998
No they weren’t as white and healthy as me. They did not eat good food like me those slaves ate grains I’ll cut the boils off my skin
>>
>>55333032
ok, have fun bud
>>
>>55333277
You are vaccinated aren’t you? I’m not having fun but that’s unrelated to vaccines or maybe it’s not it’s the ones I got as a baby in my bone marrow heavy metal poisoning me now I can’t get it out
>>
92R best mos hands down
>>
>>55333309
Consider speaking to a psychologist
>>
>>55333309
Anyhow, please gtfo the thread. Youre not joining the mil.
>>
>>55333349
No I’m not you both hurt people >>55333337
bad not based
>>
Bump
>>
>>55305566
Way better. Like preposterously better.
They have a lighter workload, shorter hours, and every dumb little thing gets taken care of for them.
>>
>>55335769
Neat
>>
>>55332732
The reason I asked about Genesis is because I am currently in the Army Reserve and was supposed to ETS next month but I wanted to switch branches. I have a pending religious exemption request that has yet to be approved or denied, so as far as the Army is concerned, I'm not technically out of compliance with the vaccine mandate. I taked to a Navy recruiter and he said they aren't accepting waivers at this time and I will need the vax to transfer. I ended up just going to retention and extending my Army Reserve contract for another year. The Navy and Marines have already put a permanent halt on kicking out vax refusers who were already enlisted before the mandate. Only a matter of time before the Army does too. If my exemption request is denied later, I have the right to submit an appeal and while my appeal is pending, I'll probably just drop an IRR packet, but desu, it would probably take as long to go into the IRR as it would to just run out my contract.
>>
My little brother is going to enlist in the Army. I don't think he'll be doing anything combat related, but damn bros... I really don't want him to join, I'm going to miss him so much :,(. That's my bro, I've always been a bit of a hardass to him, and he really looks up to me and seeks my approval, but I'm really heartbroken he's going to leave, that like 3-4 fucking years I'm not going to see him, he's only 18. He told me he "wants to do great things that aren't possible as a civilian." He's made a lot of dumb choices in the past that I've warned him about and resulted in dozens of I told you so's, and I think this is another retarded choice that's spurred by vidya military fetishization and his best friend (who lives 5 states over) joining the Marines. I'm just sitting at computer getting drunk and listening to songs that he likes crying my eyes out, I wanted guide him after high school and have a lot more cool adventures with him.
>>
>>55336855
Even if he doesn't enlist, he wants to have adventures.

Who are you to stop him?
>>
>>55337041
I'm sure he'll have a great time, he's a smart kid technically, he just lack some common sense, and I really don't want him to regret this plus I have my own selfish reasons for wanting him to stay. I wish I reached out more and bonded with him better, he wouldn't enlist then.
>>
>>55337041
Not that anon, but what adventures can you have in the military if it’s not combat related?
>>
Hoping one day US Army drops mental health standards so I could join up later.I slipped up that I went to therapy at MEPS so I'm fucked.
>>
>>55337764
Risk of combat is always present in a military career. Risk right now is low, but it will never be 0.

That said, there are plenty of duties that don't directly involve combat. For adventure, I'd probably recommend navy. I'm not sure about the level of travel other branches get, but I'm sure they see some overseas bases.
>>
>>55337764
>Not that anon, but what adventures can you have in the military if it’s not combat related?

You can get stationed in cool places that allow you have your own adventures outside of work. My friend got stationed in Colorado Springs and goes snowboarding, mountain biking, and hiking up 14,000 feet in his spare time.

You can also get sent to NTC if you wanna have an adventure that significantly increases your risk of suicide.
>>
File: 1645118829118.jpg (12 KB, 480x611)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>55333337
So glad you didn't get digits on this post
>>
>>55337764
You get to leave home to go on a funded tour outside of your little pocket of the world for a few years, and when you return everyone will still be doing the same shit as if time slowed down for them.
>>
File: 1663849052390567.png (562 KB, 715x524)
562 KB
562 KB PNG
>>55308545
Unironically, is this a meme?
I assume that Intelligence agencies/ contracting companies would not hire some reservist with a TS/SCI and AIT and nothing else, or a guy with only 3yr exp. Am I wrong? What's a realistic salary? I realize there are variables but ballpark plz?
>>
I’m going to be joining the band of one of the branches. I’m heavily leaning toward the marine corps because of all the combat training, deployments, and the possibility of getting a CAR.

Thoughts?
>>
>>55342269
4/10, you get style points due to the fact that most Marines don't know how the band operates.
Try harder
>>
>>55342313
But I really am interested in joining the band. I’m about to apply for try outs.
>>
>>55342404
Just for the sake of archiving information - the president's own do not go to boot camp and do not go to MCT, normal band members do go to boot camp and do go to MCT but will never see combat because they are in non-deployable billets due to their field.
>>
>>55342541
But they do deploy

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2022/08/26/how-this-marine-corps-clarinetist-evacuated-2-us-embassies-in-1-year/
>>
>>55342703
>https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2022/08/26/how-this-marine-corps-clarinetist-evacuated-2-us-embassies-in-1-year/
You're right. My bad for using the colloquial definition of a deployment.
>>
>>55313524
>>zoomers
>>incapable of any form of commitment
>>not even willing to put in the bare minimum effort
>>attention span of a mite
>>brains fried with Adderall
>>has panic attacks when separated from a phone for 4 hours
>>pronouns and 47 mental disorders in bio
Ok/pol/chud but have you tried going outside your mothers basement and talking to other people? It might help with your projection.
>>
>>55343433
I train zoomers for a living. They're a lesser form of human.
>>
Are there any military jobs that give you a new identity as the FFL does?
>>
>>55343470
It's not entirely their fault. Healthy trees can't grow in dead soil.
>>
>>55336855
A friend of mine joined right out of the gate at 18, finished his enlistment, got a degree from a very good school, commissioned, and is now in graduate school at an Ivy. Military service can turn out very good for some people, even from a non-military perspective.
>>
>>55341708
>Unironically, is this a meme?
No, I'm deadly serious
>I assume that Intelligence agencies/ contracting companies would not hire some reservist with a TS/SCI and AIT and nothing else, or a guy with only 3yr exp. Am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong. An 18 year old reservist girl I knew at AIT got out and was contacted to go work at the NSA as a contractor for 100k
You, as a not-female, will probably have to work a little harder but holy shit is it easy if you have a clearance and literally any background at all. She didn't, fresh out of high school. She also said no (xd)
>>
>>55342269
>I’m going to be joining the band of one of the branches. I’m heavily leaning toward the marine corps because of all the combat training, deployments, and the possibility of getting a CAR.
You've gotta be retarded or some shit
Do Army, they'll make you a warrant so you make better money than AF or Marines and unlike Navy you won't have to go on ships where the food and accommodations suck.
Army > AF > Navy > Marines in that order for band
>>55343474
All of them really
>>
>>55343624
>all of them
?
>>
>>55343624
I don’t think I would get combat training if I joined the army band. I think only the marines do that for band members
>>
>>55343526
I know, it probably will be good for him. He scored 85th percentile, so he's a pretty smart kid. I'm just having a tough time accepting he's not going to be here anymore, and I know for a fact this is a spur of the moment thing. Just a couple of months ago he told me he was going to move to LA by working two jobs and saving up 20k which he planned to have by November. I told him that's not very realistic and what do you know a few weeks later he's like "nvmd lol."

He's also been like this by dating bdp females that have tons of red flags that I tell him about and he insists that he's correct, and again it doesn't work out like I told him. He's just very prone to make dumb decisions despite being intelligent.
>>
>>55294478
>>inb4 "muh die for Israel"
>>inb4 "muh vax/booster"
>>inb4 "muh welfare queens"
>>inb4 "muh recrooters"
>>inb4 a skitzo dominates the thread for 4 hours increasing the post count, but not the poster count
>>inb4 "muh gay pride and diversity"
>>inb4 "muh trannies"
These are all true though lmao

inb4 slick sleeves asking me to thank them for their cervix

t. Iraq vet
>>
>>55296596
>Lmao so what, someone's got to deliver my pizza and mop the floor in my office.
This is why we are going to kill you.
>>
>>55306491
>If you get drafted
Imagine thinking this would ever happen again lmao. As soon as Joe Brandon tries to call up selective service to invade Iran the country is over.
>>
>>55344206
>larping as a traitor to our nation on an anime image board
>>
>>55344272
Keep dreaming boog larper.
>>
>>55315799
>those who are prone to buying into culture wars stuff have been affected.
>The military is literally telling you they don't want you and the demented POTUS is talking about strafing you with F15s?
>That's just culture war bullshit!
You're a fucking moran.
>>
>>55344355
>>our nation
Lmao no you urboid faggots and lumpeproles are not "our nation".
>>55344420
>Keep dreaming boog larper.
Put your fuckin mask on lmao where's your vax passport you fuckin bugman you better have it if you want your beyond fish taco

For real though, you're going to die. It's more likely it will be one of your nigger Doordash workers who does it. And you will deserve it.
>>
>>55344492
You will be forgotten
>>
File: 1662986430133418.jpg (43 KB, 600x600)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>55344534
>You will be forgotten
>urboid bugman telling someone else they will be forgotten
>>
>>55344108
People often have multiple plans in mind, only some of which they'll reveal to friends and family. It doesn't mean that the other choices are spur of the moment.
>>
>>55344492
>lumpeproles
Confirmed vatnik.
>>
>>55343474
Does the CIA do this?
>>
>me the moment I sign my commission
>>
>>55343842
>I don’t think I would get combat training if I joined the army band. I think only the marines do that for band members
You're a moron
Just do what we say we know more than you
Pay for your own private combat training lessons to LARP with the doubled income you'll have as an army warrant instead of an enlisted marine
no basic training is going to turn you into some killer, only cold hard cash spent on rounds and personalized instruction is going to get you anywhere
>>55345427
they can but they usually need a reason to
>>
>>55346170
So there's no one job in the CIA that does this? Is FFL the only organization that does it for sure?
>>
>>55347008
350F here. Not really. Also the FFL only sort of does it. Yes you get citizenship, but it doesnt wipe your record or give you a brand new identity if thats what you think.
>>
>>55333324
tell me more anon. is that your mos?
>>
File: YWNBAW.jpg (84 KB, 1200x1018)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
Even if the US military pays for your self-mutilation you will still never be a woman.
>>
>>55342269
Not trying to be pessimistic but unless you've got a degree in composition or music theory (due to the recruitment pool) it is unlikely you'll be competitive enough to make the cut. You have to be pretty good at the basics, like sight reading and aural skills.
>>
>>55348996
as long as you're above average you can make it without a degree as like an 18 year old
my friend knew like five instruments though so you do have to be legitimately good not just average
>>
>>55349032
>above average
Above average in that recruiting pool means being able to sight read level 8 music and use aural skills/relative pitch to determine keys and modes. Not a lot of people learn this stuff if they didn't go to school for music. It's a lot less competitive if you play an unpopular instrument (e.g. bassoon) but I'm assuming anon doesn't have that advantage.
>>
>>55347721
Yes haha i have terrible knee and back problems also shot hearing at 19 I love my job lol
>>
I'm 27 and never had a real gf, but have slept with 7 women. Are single moms all that are left?
>>
>>55349759
If you join, lock down a girl during AIT/Tech school/A school. They will usually be straight out of highschool and not quite used goods yet. Especially if you have a medical job.
>>
you ever notice how a bunch of ads and promotional material for the Marines have women in them despite only 8 percent of the Marines being women. Why is that?
>>
>>55349248
>>55348996
You're retarded. The bands for all the branches recruit kids out of high school at all times; high school it is their primary accession source.
Stop making shit up.
>>
>>55350059
I've been in for two years and am an officer. Enlisted pussy is a no go
>>
>>55351418
Go for WO then.
>>
File: 1436432074000.png (3.11 MB, 1828x1025)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB PNG
>>55351418
Don't fuck inna military you dumbass. Go pick up some poontang out in town. Easier for O to do that shit.
>>
>>55349759
>Are single moms all that are left?
19 year old fresh joiners
college kids
ignore the stigma and profit
>>55349248
if you did music for years in K-12 you'll probably be fine bud
>>55351337
ty
>>
>>55352343
>>55352343
>>55352343

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.