[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: rules.png (1.38 MB, 1340x996)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
mrgunsngear: The 4 Firearm Safety Rules Are Wrong
https://youtu.be/qEcfjuRXXJg

do you agree?
>>
>>55290852
Yes. First rule is to have fun.
>>
Damn, he's struggling hard for content.
>>
>>55290868
agreed and its the only rule. gun safety is the first step to gun control.
>>
>keep finger off the trigger until sights are on targer
NGMI
>>
>>55290852
so true. if you own a gun over a year without negligent discharging at least once, you aren't handling it enough. NDs are a natural part of handling weapons, just like tweaking your back is part of weightlifting and car accidents are part of driving. I ND several times a year because I actually HANDLE and know how to USE my weapons. It makes me a better firearms handler and marksman, and it's a small part of the price you pay in the sheepdog lifestyle Simple fact is, the "safety mentality" will build mental blocks in your head that will get you killed. You need to be comfortable putting your finger on the trigger and pointing the gun wherever you want no matter the time, place, or status of the weapon. Taking time to check whether the gun is loaded whenever you pick one up will serve to make you hesitate in a personal defense scenario. You fucking safety idiots are going to get people killed all because of this fucking "ND" shaming. Guns are inherently dangerous, you need to accept it.
>>
>>55290852
Only a nerd would follow rules.
>>
>>55290852
he is really getting desperate for views.
>>
>>55290915
Leviathan Tribe can be a harsh master, it seems.
>>
>>55291066
Look these things don't work unless they're easy to remember:
>Keep finger off the trigger until sights are on the nigger
>>
>>55290852
Mostly just retardedly pedantic but I take issue with his claim, "after I check this gun is clear I treat it just like a prop gun".
A prop gun won't be loaded if you blank out and forget to clear it
A prop gun can't be loaded by someone else when you're not watching
A prop gun can't actually be loaded because you mixed it up with another gun on the table.
>>
>>55291239
Closest I've had to an ND was when unbeknownst to me the extractor had failed when I went to clear the gun - and at that exact moment my nogunz friend distracted me with problems he was having with my other handgun so I didn't visually inspect the chamber. ND was averted by still treating the handgun as loaded even though I "knew" I cleared it.
The 4 safety "rules" are just descriptions of redundant levels of safety. You don't need to follow them to a T, you just need to respect their intent and you will never put a hole in your drywall because you blanked out for a moment.
>>
>>55291239
or hell, you walk into a room and some retard is playing with a gun and flagging everyone. you ask him to stop and he replies "it's ok bro, I cleared the gun". Also:
>clickbait video
>video is ten minutes and one second long
>>
File: 4 rules.png (365 KB, 500x762)
365 KB
365 KB PNG
>>55290852
>>
>>55291367
>video is ten minutes and one second long
lmao
>>
File: 1661649310614643.jpg (98 KB, 813x540)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>55290868
fpbp
>>
>>55291109
i kek'd
>>
File: ungovernable3.jpg (136 KB, 960x960)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>55290852
>Republicans will stop gun control
when will you fags learn
>>
>>55290852
I do not spend time on ranges with people who do not believe in AGAL. All guns are always fucking loaded, not because they are, but because if you start behaving like they aren't, you will, over time, do stupider and stupider shit until you ND. All guns are always loaded. Treat that shit like religion.
>>
>>55291472
>Treat that shit like religion.
Believe in it on Sunday when it's time to find a new Mormon girl to teach about the poophole loophole?
>>
>>55290852
There's 5 rules. The other is

>allow no unauthorized access to your firearm, this includes leaving it in such a way it could be easily accessed like in a car or around your house unsecured where it can easily be found ane accesses in a burglary.

Really
>never point at anything you don't intend to destroy
Shouldn't be a rule, because that's only a consideration at the range or when handling guns in a non-emergency situation. You should absolutely be on target if you're in a situation where you might have to start emptying rounds into the threat. You always want to be ahead in the OODA cycle, that's how you survive a gunfight, shooting first and fast. So if the 4 rules include a range rule why the fuck isn't there a 6th rule: protect your eyes and ears? There's a lot more shit to consider than those 4 things, those rules are in need of an overhaul. Every training I've been to they word them differently anyway to make them more understandable.
>>
>>55290852
>when you put on a supressor your fingers are going to go in front of the muzzle

not if you're not a retard lmao. it is perfectly possible to mount a suppressor to a standard threaded barrel or a supressor host muzzle device without flagging yourself if you're careful.

>i work on my guns and if the gun's in a vice I gotta get around the gun

I don't know of any gunsmithing or maintenance operation which requires a fully assembled firearm to perform. Why isn't your slide in the vise instead of the whole gun?

>Know the status of your firearm

The whole point of the AGAL rule is that the status of a firearm is unknown anytime the gun is in battery. Unless you are actively looking into the chamber, the loadedness or unloadedness of the gun cannot be stated with 100% certainty, and it is always better to assume the gun is loaded as opposed to assuming it's unloaded. This dude is on some mega special pleading shit.
>>
>>55291617
>>allow no unauthorized access to your firearm, this includes leaving it in such a way it could be easily accessed like in a car or around your house unsecured where it can easily be found ane accesses in a burglary.
lol
>>never point at anything you don't intend to destroy
>Shouldn't be a rule, muh oodaloop
well then you're accepting that you're willing to destroy anything your muzzle sweeps, rule applies.
>>
>>55290852
1. have fun
2. check if your gun is unloaded before handling it and before putting it down, don't rely on your memory, it's flaky
3. if I've seen you check if the gun is unloaded, you can flag me, it's okay, and I expect the same from you
4. if the gun is loaded, point it in the safe direction and keep finger wherever if the gun is pointed downrange, if you ND while handling it wrong and it bites you - it's your problem and a good teaching moment
5. ricochets are real, don't shoot at hard things for no reason
6. bullets go through things, think about that granny hiding behind shelves when you're magdumping at the robber
>>
>>55291673
How about "don't fucking flag me, that shit's disrespectful"?
>>
>>55290868
first rule is don't cut me off in traffic
>>
>>55291673
tl;nd
>>
>>55291617
Just watched his speel, and indeed police trainings teach "know the status of your firearm." He's is/was a cop so he's probably been trained that. It is in fact a better rule, but for noobs "all guns are always loaded" is a better rule because it doesn't require as much thought.

>>55291654
See and this is the issue, we're mixing up range rules with gunfight rules with general firearms ownership rules. It's really not something that can be simplified apparently. I have those 6 rules and muzzle discipline is the only one that goes out the window when I may actually need my gun. Departments teach to hold at low ready but fuck that, if you're not a shaky woman you can point that shit right at the fucker's dick so you're practically on target if you need to shoot. The only reason you don't point at his chest or head is because you want to see what his hands are doing especially around the waistline. But pointing at his feet is retarded. Im also obviously not wearing eyes and ears in that sort of situation, so no there aren't simple rules for people who actually use their guns. For you noobs sure, don't modify those rules or you put yourself in more danger.
>>
File: 1662595556995.gif (66 KB, 775x849)
66 KB
66 KB GIF
>>55291617
>There's 5 rules. The other is
>allow no unauthorized access to your firearm, this includes leaving it in such a way it could be easily accessed like in a car or around your house unsecured where it can easily be found ane accesses in a burglary.
>>
>>55291705
it's fun to flag each other with friends and do "pew pew" sounds
therefore, "don't fucking flag me, that shit's disrespectful" goes against the rule #1 - "have fun"
>>
>>55291472
so I just pick whatever rules i like and act smug about it?
>>
>>55291673
>>55291743
the rules are intentionally simplified because you're supposed to be able to think about them under stress.
Say you have a jam while training and you're stressed out because it's timed for certification or a permit or something
>Oh shit what do I do?
>I'm going to move my finger off the trigger
>I'm going to keep my firearm pointed downrange
>I'm going to assume the gun could still fire while I fiddle with it
>Now that I fixed the stoppage I'm going to double-check that I'm aiming at the correct target and that its safe to fire (range is still hot or whatever)
The super detailed rules are fine for whatever special thing you're doing but they don't supplant the basic rules as an emergency checklist.
>>
>10min, 1 second
Lol. Lmao even. Not watching this. The rules are good to abide by generally, although they're broken safely all the time.
>Everybody during a USPSA match is prepping triggers without a sight picture
>If I grab my gun when I hear something spooky I'm not intending to destroy my floor by pointing my gun at it as I walk around
>I do lots of dryfire and just visually inspect the chamber before starting. I make it a standardized thing so that I'm not just dryfiring out of boredom all day
>If you actually use your gun in a defensive shooting you'll definitely be pointing it at lots of shit you don't intend to destroy
Here's my rules:
>Thou shalt not point a gun at another person regardless of it's verified safety unless you're trying to kill that person
>Thou shalt not handle firearms while you're drunk
>Thou shalt not hand loaded guns to women
>Thou shalt not dryfire spontaneously
>Thou shalt not not begin handling a firearm without abruptly halting your train of thought and actually fucking thinking about what it is you're doing. Autopilot is for drawing and nothing else
>>
>>55290868
second rule is to be yourself :)
>>
>>55290852
Why did he shave? He got gf?
>>
>>55290915
Guns are a mature technology. There's literally nothing left to talk about but whatever new consoomer shit is hitting the market.
>>
>>55298008
I disagree, there is stuff to play with in terms of subsonic and exotic projectile loading, investigations into terminal ballistics, suppressor design, reloading of dead calibers, etc.
But most guntoobers are salesmen first, which is why all their content sucks.
>>
>>55290852
fuck this levithian cuck shill
>>
File: 1651663750383.jpg (58 KB, 412x550)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>55298051
>I disagree, there is stuff to play with in terms of subsonic and exotic projectile loading, investigations into terminal ballistics, suppressor design, reloading of dead calibers, etc.

All been done before. Outside of optics and other digital AI aimbot shit there is nothing new under the sun when it comes to guns ammo. there's only "LATEST NEW THING THAT DOES WHAT SOME 100YR OLD THING CAN ALSO DO".

Youtube only has value if you're really new. If you've been at this for 30+yrs you're down to C&Rsenal and whatever brand of e-celeb drama farm you watch for giggles.
>>
>>55290852
If I'm handling my own guns in a room by myself then I don't give a fuck. If I let other people touch my guns at the range then I assume they're retarded and make sure they keep that shit pointed downrange.
>>
File: d0b_(2)_(2).png (501 KB, 1700x956)
501 KB
501 KB PNG
>tfw guns in the safe are flagging airplanes that fly by

muzzle down always son
>>
>>55302129
>flagging people in China
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurting_the_feelings_of_the_Chinese_people
>>
>>55290852
It's cool to see that Mrgunsngear is a RHCP appreciator.
>>
>>55290852
Leviaguys’ job is to keep the attention ON fake shootings / political theatre / Sig! / etc. AND away from the WEF takeover.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.