[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 140 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: 3ougixilu6zz.jpg (54 KB, 620x451)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>questions that don't deserve their own thread

why are .50 BMG tracers cheaper than .50 BMG ball online when in all other calibers tracers cost a bunch of money
>>
>>54639195
Surplus and contract overruns are always cheaper than factoey ammo. Also lots of states don't allow people to use tracers due to fire risk.
>>
noob here. how do i purchase things that i need an ffl for. im too autistic to call a gun store and ask.
>>
>>54639195
Because demand is lower than supply relative to ball.
That's because of what >>54639234
>You can shoot ball everywhere, but a lot of people get pissy about tracers because of fire risks.
>>
>>54639531
Buy it online click your FFL of choice, if they're not listed call FFL of choice and tell them the situation, Seller/FFL handshaking commences, wait a week for call about gun coming in or call them and see.
>>
Is there any practical purpose for a “cruiser” style shotgun, other than breaching doors? I would think if tone with a folding stock would be more useful for anything else if you really needed your shotgun to be compact.
>>
>>54640470
Forgot pic
>>
>>54640470
You are correct, a stock is always preferable. I guess they were too cheap to issue cops folding stocks so they got shitty PGOs instead.
>>
>>54640527
Eh the stakeout is an interesting development, basically concealable high fire power. Stocks are infinitely better PGOs are fun for a few tubes then the fun wears off.
>>
Do you use a torque screwdriver when installing a scope?
>>
>>54640557
You probably should. I don't and do it by feel.
>>
>>54640556
The original Stakeout, or something like the Wilson modified 870's? Or the modern equivalent, a Serbu Super Shorty? Yes, those were small enough that they could be concealed. But if we're talking a typical "Cruiser" with an 18" barrel like in anon's pic that's not very concealable.
>>
How much muzzle energy can a 12 gauge slug have?
>>
>>54640949
Pretty serious. Brenneke Black Magics are 3000 ft-lb and the Magnum Crush is 3800. Those are the most powerful I know of off the top of my head.
>>
What's an M44 Mosin worth these days?
>>
buying a large forest soon and need a generalized thang for whatever a 10/22 can't do, subsisting mostly on hunting and turnips for the first two years. i don't have much experience with guns outside of service rifles in 5.56 so these might be truly dumb questions.
7.62x51R (.30-30 [sic]) or 7.62x39?
lever rifle with max capacity of 14 or semi auto with max capacity of 3?
the idea of using it against a human is very far fetched but naturally never out of the question but it has me questioning whether or not i need the immediate follow up shots when i would have so few anyway. for context my country has some ridiculous laws regarding magazine sizes in semi autos and what you can shoot when, i'm going to just hunt whatever i want with whatever later on but for now i need to look legit.
>>
are CZ 450 series 22 rifles any good
CZ fanboys need not apply
>>
>>54641715
Can you get a "normal" semi auto? A battle rifle in .308, AR-10 would be my choice, would be pretty useful as a hunting weapon plus if things got serious you could always 3d print mags or just remove the limiting device.

Also a .44-40 or .45 LC lever with 14 shots would be an amazing defensive gun. Very light recoil and fast follow up shots out of an 1892 clone. Cowboy shooters mod the lever so it's even faster.
>>
>>54641789
i would if i could but that's a scary weapon and thus can't be on my hunting license. even if i install some retarded mechanical limiter to 3 rounds they'll find it too spooky, yet expensive boomer semi autos get the pass instantly because they're decked out in checkered wood and turn of the century ergonomics. it be how it be.

thanks for the latter caliber recommendations, they didn't come to mind for some reason and now i'm finding some very economical options thanks to cowboy action boomers dying off like flies and i like the ballistics. more than good enough for shooting over clearings or smaller lakes.
>>
>>54641733
i grew up shooting a CZ 452 luxe. honestly 10/10 loved that gun. only complaint is the front sight hood would fall off. lost it. friend of mine got me a new one in the early 2000's and it has been fine since.

the finish on it isn't all that durable though. im a retard that beats the shit out of his guns, I think the CZ's have a fairly delicate bluing finish. I put a gigantic scratch on it accidentally when it fell off my tailgate once.
>>
>>54641619
>What's an M44 Mosin worth
market price $400 ish depending on condition and accessories.

friend price $300.
>>
how come neither HK or clone manufacturers have never bothered to flare the mp5 mag well at all? its such a small change the could just make the platform a little more modern. its not hard to reload them anyway, im just curious why they havent ever bothered to try.

i mean, i suppose the reason for HK is their deep disdain for the fact that the MP5 is still so popular when they want people to move on.
>>
If I buy an IWB-holster, can I position that at whatever position I like or are holsters usually shaped for a specific position, appendix/4 oclock/etc ?
>>
>>54639195
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/german-military-surplus-paratrooper-vest-used?a=2131190 what the hell is this thing
>>
You're sleeping with a handgun in black bear country. Do you keep it on your person? In a holster inside your sleeping bag? Or just in your tent or hammock?

Considering something like pic rel that points to the side and can be worn in front.
>>
>>54642935
Looks like a flak vest.
>>
>>54642985
I know that, just looks weird
>>
Is it practical to try cleaning all carbon fouling from the back side of a DI AR bolt? What about the inside of the BCG?
>>
File: 5121312.png (289 KB, 295x586)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
>>54642764
not all "IWB" holsters are the same. I mean, generally they CAN work but that doesnt mean they are ideal. for example, top pic would work for strongside carry (3-5oclock) but is dogshit for appendix. For one, it has very little adjustment. Two, single beltclip doesnt follow the natural circular contour of the waist and interferes with a belt buckle. Three, theres very little rideheight adjustment or cant adjustment.

bottom pic is much better for appendix (t-rex sidecar). because it has so much adjustment you can also configure it for strongside.
>>
>>54643026
that was helpful, thanks!
>>
File: woodz.jpg (312 KB, 1040x780)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>54642957
>You're sleeping with a handgun in black bear country
When I camp I open carry a glock, and shove it in a pouch when im on a public trail so I dont scare people. When I sleep, I keep it along the edge of my tent wall, so it's easy to find in the dark. I always keep it loaded, but firmly holstered. I always face the night-sights towards me so I can see where the gun is.
>>
>>54643020
Not worth. Generally, only clean carbon from moving surfaces. If you need to use a nylon toothbrush and mild cleaner.

I've seen many retards go to town on their AR bolt to remove all of the carbon. using either a tool or abrasive. They end up destroying the gas seal between the carrier and bolt. Watch 'school of the american rifle' (SOTAR) on youtube, he talks about this in depth.
>>
>>54641733
cz 22s arent that great. they were "good for the price"
you arent paying that price you are most likely paying double or triple that price for a discontinued gun.
when a 452 was $300 it smoked the hell out of every other similarly priced 22lr for that much. however it was not better than a $400-500 22lr of that time period.
the actual quality and workmanship of the guns was average.
cz just keeps making the guns worse/more costeffective while jacking up the price.
>>
>>54642737
mp5s are made from stamped flats from machines made a long time ago and clones are made on HK machinery also made a long time ago. it would be a very expensive tooling overhaul for comparatively little benefit
>>
>>54643103
>I've seen many retards go to town on their AR bolt to remove all of the carbon.
Probably PTSD from boot camp.
>>
File: 1407653954377.jpg (167 KB, 787x830)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
I'm looking for a Finnish video. The video is effectively "how a surprise Russian attack in Finland would go", with high production value, seemed like it was made by the government.

parts I remember:
Title in Finnish
"Unknown eastern enemies" attacking airport
Finnish mobilization of air force over helsinki
Port attacks
>>
File: DPCMP2lXUAAtrpW.jpg (15 KB, 480x270)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Anyone have a higher quality version of pic related?
>>
File: 1655678448129.jpg (551 KB, 1702x1704)
551 KB
551 KB JPG
>>54644296
>>
>>54644338
Thanks friend
>>
File: 1650094442514.jpg (298 KB, 1200x893)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
Any good poorfag options for a semi-auto rifle in something other than .22? I know the SKS used to be the go-to but the prices on those seem pretty high now. I also know there's a couple of really cheap ARs now but I live in a cucked state and will probably have to put together my own or spend extra money to make one that I buy compliant with the laws.
>>
>>54639195
Asking the /meg/ guys:
I got kicked out of the navy about a year or so ago, with an oth, and I'm looking in to getting an upgrade. It wasn't related to drugs. Any tips?
>>
File: Ruger-PCC-Ammoland.jpg (182 KB, 1200x639)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>54644394
Ruger PCC? You can find them for under $600, get them without a pistol grip for cucked states, and 9mm is still cheap compared to rifle rounds.
>>
>>54644394
what state? im in NY and got an omni AR for about 800.
guy sold it to me un-cucked, but technically single-fire. added a pin and button that allows it to cock itself after a shot, so it's legally single fire but you can fire as semi auto in a pinch
>>
>>54644632
NJ
>>
>>54644653
just go to a gunshow, i doubt it gets much stricter than NY. the guy at the show ran the background check and did the alteration on the spot free of charge.
>>
>>54644513
OTH has a pretty broad range, and their willingness to reconsider varies. Is it because you wouldn't get the shot? If so, good fucking luck. My advice otherwise would be to wait for the chain of command that OTH'd you to rotate, then have fresh eyes look at it. Something as important as giving out an OTH vice honorable means that the ones involved are typically attached to their decision and won't take kindly to someone trying to take another bite at the apple.
>>
>>54644724
>Is it because you wouldn't get the shot?
Nah, the admins just had it out for me, unfortunatly. They brought up UCMJ charges for me being late to watch one time like 8 months prior.
>My advice otherwise would be to wait for the chain of command that OTH'd you to rotate
Thank you, I hadn't considered that.
>>
>>54644560
That looks cool, thanks
>>
>>54644724
>>54644776
update: it looks like they've all been cycled out. Any more advice? I'm waiting to hear back from the VA and I've already requested my records. I just want to go to school. Selling my life for 3 years and 10 months really fucked me
>>
File: 165780552015.jpg (12 KB, 229x240)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>54643849
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTmWCbcYwb8
>>
File: 10mm-auto-history.jpg (57 KB, 640x427)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Is 10mm known for having an issue with overpenetration? I mentioned to someone that I was considering a Glock 29 for concealed carry, and they freaked out saying it was going to "punch through a wall" or "hit someone behind who you're aiming at". I figured that was the whole point of hollow points. I guess indirectly this is a question on if the 29's a mistake
>>
>>54644848
So, the problem is you're not getting any educational benefits without a full honorable. The fact that they hit you with something like that (supposing you're telling the truth, of course) for something as minor as a singular late watch tells me you were either a mouthy fuck during the entire process, or you have a very good chance at re-evaluation.
>>
File: IMG_20220803_014915220.jpg (540 KB, 4160x1118)
540 KB
540 KB JPG
>>54646548
Entirely dependent on ammo
>>54644394
Get the Ruger >>54644560. I got pic related for $540 and with a Swampfox Liberator opti and a set of iron sights from Tandemkross it's the best bang per buck I have, totaling about $700. It can't compete with a 2k+ AR but I don't expect it to
>>
What's the best ammo to use for a 9mm carbine like >>54646906 if I want subsonic and good effect on up to deer size targets at no more than 100 yards? Right now I'm mostly using 147 grain JHPs but I'm doubting the performance of defensive ammo at higher ranges
>>
I've never bought a gun online before. Can you guys give me a retardproof step-by-step guide on doing so? Also, have any of you had any luck price matching at your LGS?
>>
File: PXL_20220616_034459126.jpg (2.38 MB, 4032x3024)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
>>54646548
Glock 29 is very based. Run some fast ass hollow points and the only thing your going to be over penetrating is bitches panties.
Old pic
>>
File: 17.jpg (68 KB, 650x433)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Can I get an answer please. Are calico still producing firearms? If so I'd like to see their recent production models.
>>
>>54647648
Bid on gun, win, or click buy. Choose your FFL from the list or send their info to the seller. Call your FFL and tell them. Wait for it to ship and call the LGS a few days after the confirmation.
>>
>>54648492
calico still produces gins, here's the site, looks like you can buy directly from here to the FFL
https://calicofirearms.com/products/firearms/
>>54647648
found their own little article on how to buy it online, with all the restrictions listed
https://calicofirearms.com/terms-conditions/how-to-buy-firearms-online/
>>
>>54649541
I just wanna see a new ones
>>
>>54649551
>>54649541
I wanna know if they're actually better than older models.
Also theres no fucking videos on youtube with new models
>>
>>54649569
Forgotten Weapons posted a series of videos on the new Calicos about a year ago. That's the only reason I know they are still available.
>>
File: gonna_kms.jpg (492 KB, 1440x1080)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
>>54639195
how to fuck i assemble the east german utv belt im loosing my mind please bros help
>>
>>54649627
What gear system is that a part of?
>>
Hey am I improving in my shooting skills if I was able to stack shots perfectly two times on a target while doing five shit groups from 20ft. Usually I'm terrible at 20ft so sorry if this is dumb
>>
>>54647168
>subsonic and good effect on up to deer size targets at no more than 100 yards?
That's not happening.
>>
>>54647168
It's called 350 legend, unironically. You can get 255 grain hollow point subs.
>>
>>54641733
I have the norinco clone, which id honestly recommend because you're getting the same quality for half the price, that said you could definitely do worse for the money buying a CZ.
>>
I bought a used CZ-83 from a pawn shop for a couple hundred bucks. Previous owner put white paint on the front and rear sights. Would it be ok to use nail polish remover to get it off or is there a better solvent to use?
>>
>>54650314
Acetone is fine it won't harm the finish, just oil it when you're done.
>>
>>54649689
east german utv just the nearly same as the british one
>>
does anyone have the 5 pictures of the thompson specs that were included in the original Dokument torrent? i cant find them anywhere and the torrent is eternally incomplete.
>>
>>54646614
I'm sure I was a bit more curt than I should've been, but I know exactly what happened to get me in their sights.
>captain's mast for smoking in my room
I didn't do it, it just smelled like smoke, and I "admitted" to it like a dumbass because my PO1 told me I should since there were rumors going around that they were going to court marshal me
>THE DAY of my captain's mast, my roomate tripped balls on shrooms and demolished our room
I was then investigated for dealing those shrooms by the FBI which caused a lot of trouble for the higher ups, even though I was found to be innocent because I had never even smoked weed at this point. I also had a mental breakdown because my grandmother had died the week prior and I was being sued for custody and child support on the same day.
>Got arrested by MAs for orange and yellow pop gun
I was posting on snapchat (this was during the pandemic and yes I was being dumb) that I was going to "kill the coronavirus". Someone reported me as an active shooter and I was summarily tackled and held at gunpoint, then after they found it I was sent to cheif's mast.
At this point they were done with me, and trumped up that one charge, just to wash their hands of me. I really did just make a dumb mistake, it's not like I don't see what I did wrong, but I also know that I don't deserve to wallow in misery because of them. I think school would be a step in the right direction, and I have no money, or family to turn to. I might as well try my luck
>>
What uniform is that?
>>
>>54650824
Czechoslovak pre-1990's uniform, standard solid color or maybe raindrop hard to tell on picture, used interchangeably until Vz92 was adopted.
>>
>>54650866
oh sorry, is this better.
>>
>>54650904
Yeah looks like Czechoslovak M60
>>
File: 1285736038971.jpg (336 KB, 2169x1620)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>54650601
I have the other four as .jpgs, but none of them will open in any application for some reason. I've never looked at these before, any idea why they're not working? I can send them anyway if you like.
>>
File: 20220803_120548.jpg (3.66 MB, 4032x3024)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB JPG
Just bought pic related, I've read all I could find about setting the diopter but no matter if I start with the eye piece all the way in or out I can not tell a difference in the focus on the retical, I need tips on how to tell if its set correctly for my eye
>>
>>54650935
>>54650904
yep czechoslovak vz.60 jehličí
>>
>>54651099
yes please. ill try to open them
>>
>>54649627
where'd you get it? I think you run those C shaped green hooks through the belt, just like old British webbing
>>
>want: ar15 20" upper
>have: $400
Tell me where to buy one
>>
>>54639195
Any PA anons go to the state ranges? Just wondering how busy they are. I live in the filthadelphia area and everything is packed. Wouldn't mind driving out a bit to somewhere a bit more lonesome.
>>
Newbie pistol shooter here. Is "dead-on target" zeroed sights better or worse than field shooting where you line up the sights below the target to see the bullseye better?
I've heard arguments from both caoms that their style are better than the other.
>>
File: 1630037490224.jpg (50 KB, 451x507)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>54654296
I use sight image 2. 1 is too awkward for hunting, carry, or even when not shooting paper or steel IMO; I can't imagine using it to plink at pieces of clays, 12ga hulls, or wads, etc. And 3 just covers anything that isn't a rather large animal or up close, at least in my opinion. 1 might work as a way to get a sight picture like 2 at a further distance, say 50+ yards (hold under at close range, hold directly on at further range). At least if I'm visualizing that in my head right. Probably not hard (or expensive) to try them all out if you have adjustable fiber optic pistol sights.

But it's all down to what you like and what you use your gun for. I plink at random small targets with a .22 and hunt; I'm biased.
>>
>>54652808
They don't even upload properly, it looks like. Never used this site before, but I know it's what a lot of other anons use for filesharing. Only the last link properly shows its image, which is the one I sent previously.
If you do get them to work, can you tell me how?
https://files.catbox.moe/qa1pag.jpg
https://files.catbox.moe/gsr4lf.jpg
https://files.catbox.moe/o41yv5.jpg
https://files.catbox.moe/2myt19.jpg
https://files.catbox.moe/80nwrz.jpg
>>
>>54639195
Weird question but does anyone know if a 350 Legend AR mag would hold 223 bullets alright? Thinking of getting a Ruger Predator and want to know if any spare mags I get would work in my Mossberg MVP in a pinch.
>>
>>54641715
Honestly get whatever you think you’ll enjoy the most.
It doesn’t matter if the gun is the most “practical” gun on earth if you don’t love it.
Without more information about where you live for caliber choice that’s my answer.
Like a bolt action would probably be better for what I’m doing on paper, but my shitty ak is more fun, I bring it with me everywhere, and it gets the job done so that’s what I use.
>>
What are the first five or so guns a new gun owner should buy? I already have a 5.56 and a 9mm.
>>
>>54654906
Hunting
Home defense
Self defense
Gun you like from media
.22 for fun plinking/kid/new shooter
These can overlap but it's pretty much the basic loadout.
>>
>>54641715
>7.62x51R
Isn't that 308 or marlin or 307 winchester?
Also my question for anyone who knows a thing on antiques (namely ballards). Can a ballard action take a 30-30 winchester? I bought one in a wildcat round that would've cost me $30 a piece to shoot and reload twice only. a 30-30 rechambering is my only option to even be able to shoot this
>>
>>54655005
>308 or marlin
God I love not proof reading
>>
>>54654906
#1 compact or subcompact handgun, something you can carry.
#2 a long gun for home defense where concealment no longer is a factor; could be a rifle, shotgun, or PCC.

The rest is up to you. Personally I think a .22 or two is a must-have, they're cheap and fun to shoot, good for teaching new shooters, etc. Ruger 10/22 rifle and/or Ruger MkIV pistol. Both are easy to work on, have huge aftermarkets, and are overall great guns that are fun to shoot.
>>
>>54654906
.22 caliber rifle/handgun
Handgun in a common caliber of your choosing
Rifle in a common caliber of your choosing, typically 5.56 and preferably semi-auto
12 gauge shotgun
Handgun for carry if you want to do that and your other gun doesn't cut it, or a long range rifle
>>
>>54654748
yeah, they don't open. can you try adding them to a zip file and uploading that?
>>
>>54654976
>>54655207
>>54655267
Thanks guys. 12 gauge and a .22 will be next.
>>
>>54644776
In ancient Rome falling asleep on watch meant you were killed by the rest of your unit. Not sure what being late was worth. Probably just a flogging.
>>
Am I retarded for buying a PSA AKM and a SCCY w/red dot? They were both on sale and while I'm not really a poorfag I do hate spending money.
Seem like the best AK for the money and best CC w/dot for the money as well.
>>
Where can I buy an authentic Kobra sight at? Also, I know there was a website that some guy ran that is all about Russian optics, and it had a webpage to help the reader determine an authentic Kobra from a Chinese copy. Does anyone have a link to that?
>>
>>54650187
it's posts like this that mislead people into giving CZ products a chance they really don't deserve
>>
Hey hohols, what happened to that giant offensive zelensky kept going on about?
>>
>>54655810
For a .22, don’t go for a Savage 64 if you can afford a Ruger. Mine sometimes has difficulties with jams and failures to feed, plus the Ruger has a lot more attachments and bigger magazines
>>
bum pee
>>
>>54655607
https://files.catbox.moe/bey4n2.7z
Sorry about the delay, just got off work.
If that still doesn't work, I can try to get the magnet link for the Ar/k/, which I'm currently seeding, and has these files, so you can try to download them directly, but I doubt it'll help.
>>
Got a 3D printer recently, any tips for getting started? (I don't browse this board often so forgive me if there's already a thread for such things, couldn't find it)
>>
>>54651129
Adjust it so the reticle is in focus when you're looking at a distant object.
>>
>>54659831
There's frequently a thread bouncing around. We also have one dedicated autistic shithead who thinks that his water-pipe shotguns are better than anything anyone could print and won't shut up about it.

Anyway, I'd suggest starting with a thorough calibration. TeachingTech has videos and tutorials on all the steps to take to ensure good quality prints. After that, it's a matter of learning how to use slicer software and learning the properties of each filament you want to use as your main choices.

Even a color change on a filament can change its properties enough that you'll hate yourself for trying to get creative. Not always, but sometimes.
>>
>>54657504
Hey vatniks, how did you lose your Black Sea Fleet flagship to a country that has no navy?
>>
>>54639195
Has anyone here ever shipped an antique firearm to the UK? How did the process go?
>>
>>54657504
it's right next to the offensive that will take kiev
>>
>>54654748
>https://files.catbox.moe/qa1pag.jpg
>https://files.catbox.moe/gsr4lf.jpg
>https://files.catbox.moe/o41yv5.jpg
>https://files.catbox.moe/2myt19.jpg
None of these are valid images. In fact, three of them are all zeroes (every single byte in the file has value 0x00), while gsr4lf is 255,092 zeroes before it suddenly has some nonzero bytes.
>>
File: 1565502734065.jpg (138 KB, 640x640)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>54639195
Should i run bimetal ammo through my nugget? Will it damage the rifling when the brass layer gets sheered off in the barrel and the rifing is steel on steel?
>>
>>54663415
the nugget was meant for garbage ammo
>>
>>54641733
>are CZ 450 series 22 rifles any good
yes
>>
>>54642985
>Looks like a flak vest.
That is not armour , it is just padded jump carrier
>>
>>54643106
>cz 22s arent that great
Yeah they are they compete with anschutzs in the heavy barrels and luxs with a tuner in the 450 range
>>54643106
>the actual quality and workmanship of the guns was average.
The CZ 452 luxes has incredible finish on them which you would only see on 2-3K full bore hunting rifles. All in all I think you are an internet search bullshit artist
>>
Anybody here owns a psl 54 rifle that want to give me some pros and cons before I consider getting one cause I want one for a "sniper" and if they can be used for hunting if I ever go on one
>>
How deep underground / how much packed Earth do you need to survive a 155mm artillery shell?
>>
An image to encourage you to read the question above.
>>
>>54659583
well, nothing i've tried has worked. thanks anyway!
>>
Is it better to buy guns at a shop without dealing with online autism or go on gunbroker and do the whole FFL autism?
>>
>>54665130
GB is pretty easy, you just click the FFL you want it sent to and there are deals to be had, few and far between but there are deals.
>>
Where do they sell 26.5mm flare gun inserts so you can shoot 12 gauge shells? I've been looking around and it seems like the ones that exist are all for 12 gauge flares only.
>>
>>54665102
>>54663335
Yeah, I'm sorry bro. If I had them as working images, I promise I would share them. Unfortunately, looks like the one I've got just isn't there beyond that one.

If you do find em, throw out a link. I'll keep an eye on the next few of these threads, I was only in this one by chance.
>>
Looking into getting some level ii or iiia concealable kevlar. Couldn't find /bag/, but i'd figure i'd ask. I'm a medium frame dude, and just want something to larp with under my ALICE rig
>>
>>54666119
Would probably be a better question for the gear queers thread.
>>
File: Snapchat-1978267764.jpg (797 KB, 1838x1555)
797 KB
797 KB JPG
>>54639195
In my hands I have a universal light bearing holster that doesn't fit because my gun is too tall. theoretically, could I just mill off the front of the holster? the only thing thats locked in the holster is the frame of the light.

>>54666119
/bag/ is kill. budget?
>>
>>54639195
For whatever enemy depending on local region of government can keep track of you as you fire.
Real hard to be stealthy if your bullets kind of glow.
>>
Can someone list the 410 shot sizes shown pic related pls
>>
File: 20220804_205727.png (103 KB, 659x376)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
How prevelant are the red dots sights on the right used in the world's militaries? Whenever I play video games I always see that type of red dots but whenever I see photos or footage of actual soldiers I usually see the bulky type of red dots on the left
>>
File: scope mount.png (1.4 MB, 1382x760)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
Anyone know what kind of scope mount this is and what sort of scope would be appropriate to use in it? It's for a .22
>>
does it matter what holster mount I get? I'm trying to be a gay little competition fella
>>
What's /k/'s preferred snap cap brand?
>>
>>54668907
Red dots are prevalent but each of these is a different thing. You would see bottom right on sidearms very commonly and not much on rifles, top right is just a cheaper red dot without a qd, etc. The bulky red dots are great on rifles unless you need something with a high riser (like top left) for night vision usage, the very small handgun cut red dots are ubiquitous in civilian shooting so if they aren't already, .mil will learn and put them on theirs soon too.
>>
Can I put LPAC cut armor in a carrier intended for BALCS panels?
Scored a Safariland low-vis carrier off fleabay. I'd prefer the coverage of an LPAC panel, but if it won't fit then BALCS it is
>>
>>54639195
Can I gift my brother a stripped lower for his 18th birthday?
I live in Florida.
>>
Does training the AIWB draw stroke carry over to OWB 3 o'clock, vise versa, or should both be trained equally for the average civilization?
>>
>>54670639
Why wouldn't you be able to?
18 is the minimum age to buy a gun, but there's not really a minimum age to own a gun. And as long as you brother isn't a convicted felon, there's nothing stopping him from owning a gun.
>>
>>54664141
>can 7.62x54R be used for hunting?
>can a bottlenecked .30 cal be used for hunting?
>can a caliber designed to kill people be used for hunting?
anon, I...

But to answer your question, it depends on the state and what you're hunting. PA says no semi autos for deer, but it allows them for basically everything else except the stuff that is trapping only AFAIK (which is lame IMO). Your state may be OK with semi autos for deer (or not ok with them for other animals) but you won't know unless you read your hunting laws in your state. Some states (Ohio?) also don't allow bottlenecked cartridges for hunting because they're flat as fuck out there and IIRC safety concerns. PPU makes good ammo, I'm sure, and you can put a side mount POSP scope on it if that tickles your autism in the right way. No, I don't own a PSL, but I aspire to own one some day. Just pisses me off how they get more and more expensive.
>>
>>54666965
I can do a hair over $500 for some kevlar, but I won't do much more. If I can buy a carrier and IV plates for under $450, I think I can do kevlar for under $500
>>
>>54666965
>theoretically, could I just mill off the front of the holster?
Depends. I have some holsters some of my other handguns just fit into but the barrel is too long. I find that I catch front sights on the lower edge of the holster when using holsters not made for the gun I'm using them for, though my holsters are leather. You might be able to get away with it on plastic.
>>
File: WeaverB4.jpg (279 KB, 1665x459)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>54669401
Weaver N2 side mount scope mount, similar to the many other side mounts Weaver made. Including all of the N line, it's one of most common scope mounts I find, worth about $5-10 unless it's NIB where it's really not worth much more to anyone but a collector. Fits on any .22 with a round receiver, but the receiver has to be drilled and tapped by a competent gunsmith to make sure the holes are straight, not making the mount point up or down or putting the scope to one side of the bore or the other. Also, you're missing mounting screws but NBD, they're just blued countersunk screws. You may also wreck some of the value an unmolested good condition (vintage) gun may have had by doing so; be warned. Many .22s don't have much of any value, though.

It fits any 3/4" scope, but looks best with an old Weaver such as the B4 (pictured), G6, and other 50s/60s .22 rimfire blued steel 3/4" (tube size) Weaver scopes. BTW, you can sometimes find old guns pre-drilled for your mount. Take it along when looking at used guns and see if the holes line up if you find a drilled rifle. All you'd need to do is clean the old holes out and get some screws to trim to the right length. For some reason, every now and then you find an old rifle which was been drilled and tapped but the scope mount removed years ago. They don't tend to be the best scopes to use, though; IMO their tiny size can make them a little finicky to use. I think there's a reason 1" minimum seems to be the standard outside of those cheap $17 Tascos, the similar Bushnell model (out of production?), and the similar Simmons model (also out of production?). More light coming in, bigger picture to look at.
t. semi old scopes autist
>>
>>54663254
Thank you very much, I'll be sure to watch some of his videos once I get it set up and keep an eye on the catalog
>>
>>54639195
I want to leave my aimpoint on all the time, but due to my autism, I'm afraid of wear and tear. Will my aimpoint's LED wear out if I leave it on all the time? What is the lifespan of a Red Dot LED?
>>
can anyone remind me the name of the newish military helmets that you see guys wearing now? I'm talking about the one that looks like a bicycle helmet.
>>
>>54671755
nvm it's the ech
>>
File: adJi15G.jpg (281 KB, 1440x1799)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
Hello /k/, I'm a noguns serf in a shithole country who copes by collecting inert rounds. The brass and copper is starting to get a bit tarnished and I would like to polish it back up but I've read elsewhere that it's not always a good idea. What would you suggest to polish them with that won't scuff them up? I reckon regular old brasso will do the job but I want to be sure.
>>
>>54671975
It's a bad idea only if you're intending to shoot it. A gentle scrub with #0000 steel wool will also clean brass/copper (abrasive). So will salt and lemon juice; you basically only have to wipe that on with steel wool or even by hand using lemon juice wetted salt, but I'd recommend washing it afterwards to prevent tarnishing due to the left over salt and acid. You could also try a polishing compound, but it's going to scratch it at least a little since it's an abrasive.

I've used #0000 steel wool to remove rust from steel cases before, but it removes the grey look and turns them more silver.
>>
>>54640470
Honestly if it's not one of the following it aint practical to the "normal" person
>CCW handgun
>.357 or higher caliber revolver
>full size 9mm/.40/.45 pistol
>Modern Rifle (or least anything of the AR/AK design)
>shotgun with at least a stock
I'm always a firm believer that one can break the mold and make something impractical practical though.
If it's your first shotgun I wouldn't bother, buy a Mav 88, 500, or 590
>>
>>54654906
>CCW handgun
>10/22 and/or Mark IV
>AK pattern to enjoy cheap centerfire shooting (for now)
>12 gauge pump action
>bolt action gun
I'm glad to see you bought a 5.56 rifle and a 9mm first
>>
Does anyone have a Tactacam here? I'm curious if the Fish-I model fits the scope mount and functions fine (eg. isn't actually a fisheye lens camera that will distort the video). Silly, but $99.99 vs $199.99. I've tried DIY scope mount setups before and while they worked, I didn't measure the distance the camera was "seeing" the scope from and only a small fraction of the video was actually the scope itself, maybe the center 9th of the screen if I was lucky. Also, I'd have to buy a new prism or swap it to a new body if I wanted to use it on a scope of a different size.

Other suggestions would be appreciated; I don't want to buy something that dies somewhere in next summer right before I need it because it's a cheap piece of Chinese junk like some rechargeable lights and batteries I've owned. Ideally 720p or higher and 30 if not 60fps+. One of those $99 cube GoPros could work fine if a cheap clamp-on-scope mount exists.
>>
>>54665726
I'm not the guy who was looking for them, though. I just grabbed them to see if they were webp's or some other retarded format (seriously fuck webp and fuck Google for creating it). Turns out either your drive got corrupted or you never had them.
>>
>>54671975
>noguns serf in a shithole country
Get a 3D printer and you can make whatever you want. Personally I have a thing for grenades.
>>
Anyone here have any experience with a Blackbeard trigger reset system for the AR? Definitely sounds like a clever training tool, but not sure it's worth the cash.
>>
File: 1649216691817m.jpg (95 KB, 731x1024)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>54652982
I got it in a surplus shop the belt with harness was like 5 bucks and the puches were 20 after my dad helped me i finaly have it assembled i thought whe pins were to be put in the holes of the belt but i was wrong also i bought it coz of some anime girl
>>
>>54641006
I think that’s what Alaska Troopers chose after testing on bear skulls.

>>54647168
I’m using 147 JHP’s in my 8” AR.

>>54654906
1. 5.56 check
2. 9mm check (assuming it’s something you can carry)
3. 12 ga. shotgun (light, sling, reloads)
4. .22 Rifle (Ruger 10/22 is hard to beat)
5. High power rifle (.308, etc.). Even if bolt action, optic)
Bonus: 22 pistol, maybe a PCC/AR pistol/SBR. I built a .50 Beowulf just because it makes liberals seethe and is a sub 200 yard force equalizer.
>>
>>54668360
From left to right:
Winchester Super X 000 buckshot 3- pellet
Winchester PDX Defender with 3 "defense discs" and 12 BB size shot
Federal copper-plated 000 buckshot
Federal birdshot, copper plated, it's hard to tell the exact size from the picture, I'm going to guess that's probably the Personal Defense handgun load with #4.
Remington 4-pellet 000 buckshot
Lightfield rubber buckshot, I'm not sure what that size is, it's clearly larger than 000, I'm guessing it's probably proprietary and .410 diameter.
>>
>>54670740
I'm not that anon, and I know nothing about Florida law, but some states are fucky about the age for possessing a pistol rather than a rifle, I could see a bare lower potentially being a legal grey area since it could be built into a pistol.
>>
What is your opinion on Noncredibledefense?
>>
Thinking of getting my first gun.
I’d like either a Vector .45/9mm, an SP5 (lmao yeah right), an IWI Tavor, or a Beretta.
As a poorfag, what’s my best bet? I don’t wanna spend more than 1.5k burgers total
>>
>>54674124
Of those options, the beretta seems like the best option for being a poorfag.
I really like the vector, and recommend getting a 45/10 if you were to pick one up, but keep in mind that the vector isn't magic. You do still get recoil, even with the recoil system. Energy still exists, and you can't change that. Just don't expect too much from it, it can't violate physics.
>>
File: 1654506583112.png (199 KB, 638x359)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>>54674124
>poorfag
>vector, sp5, tavor
>>
>>54644394
Buy an AR kit, and a receiver.
Replace whatever parts you have to to make it "legal" in your commie nation (state).
Keep the real parts, for when the "laws" don't matter, anymore, or the "laws" change.
Still under $500, all in.
If you could say what mods you need, we might be able to help more.
>>
>>54674124
What model of Beretta are you looking at? The recommendation really changes depending on what exactly you get.
Based on the info you gave I'd go
>(AR-15)
Because you're a poorfag noguns it's best if you save your money on the gun itself and get practicing with the ammo you'd buy with the rest of the budget. The most practical answer but perhaps not the most exciting.
>Beretta
I assume you mean their rifles? Their handguns are cool.
>Vector 9mm
Only because it's cheap to shoot, shares mags with Glocks. Recoil management is cool but definitely made less critical through semi-auto only.
>Vector .45
Not much of a point unless you're going to suppress. 8/10 boomer round though.
>Tavor
I admit, even after all these years I still have a hardon for the Tavor. It got looks that are absolutely sex. Sadly I've personally never handled one but if it really has as bad of a trigger as the other bullpups I've handled I really can't justify getting one.
>SP5
I don't even know if you can get one for less than $2.5k. Pretty normal HK behavior towards poorfags.
>>
Hey guys, badisically I am in a debate with some fucking boomer. I need pictures of troops that have clearly just surrendered but haven’t had time to even surrender their kit and or rifle.
>>
>>54674435
IME "A Beretta" very rarely refers to their rifles, depending on context it's either a model 92/M9 pistol, or it's a clays shotgun. I'm betting anon means the M9, he doesn't come across like a skeet junkie.
>>
>>54670740
>>54673783
Thanks Bros. Yeah I’ll just tell him to be sure to throw a 16 inch upper on it.
>>
>>54674435
I’ve been looking at Berettas, and yeah I meant the pistol; probably should have specified.
A 92a1 or 92x would be what I’m interested in. Is there any major difference between the different models?
>>
>>54671429
Thanks anon I live in TX where I live it seems that I can use the psl for hunting although I would have to travel to NM or eastward of TX since there isn't a place to hunt where I live so I'll have to rad up on those laws, I saw a psl at my gun store for almost $3,000 but I did find a site that has 2 of them for a "decent" price
>>
>>54672282
I tried the salt and lemon and it works great and fast too, I'll rinse them off with isopropanol and give them a bit of WD-40 before putting them away again, thanks for the tip anon.
>>
Do I need a permit to concealed carry in Arkansas? Every website I look at is different and the law changes every other year.
>>
File: 4j.jpg (148 KB, 1000x667)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
Where the fuck do you find them in stock?
>>
Sorry for the probably very silly question.
Would it be possible to use more readily available fuels for use in cartridges, instead of gunpowder? For example: diesel, biodiesel, gasoline.
I'm not asking whether this would be efficient militarily. But more in a "shtf" situation. I think there might be several problems, like those substances being more volatile than solid gunpowder (will probably go bad much faster?), and also how to pack oxidizer with them.
But, could it be viable in case gunpowder becomes hard to come by? And if so, what would be the best choice and how would be processed?
>>
>>54675783
You're welcome, anon. When I first heard about that trick, I thought it was going to be one of those silly "life hack" tips that don't work. Well was I surprised when it wasn't! Another good trick for copper or brass is artificially tarnishing it. Skip the liver of sulphur, just buy a gallon of ammonia for $1. Put 1/2" of ammonia in jar. Tie brass or copper item to string, hang from lid. Make sure the item stays out of the ammonia and ideally somewhat far away from the surface of the ammonia (it tends to collect and drip). The vapors from the ammonia for some reason tarnish brass and copper. Great for filling lettering and other details in copper and brass as all you have to do is lightly polish the surface with #0000 steel wool to get enough contrast to read it. Leave it in too long or let the ammonia get on it, though, and it might start getting a green or blue corrosion.

Now if I could only get copper to reliably change the right color with heat that would be great. I've seen blues reflect out of brass and copper before IIRC; tarnished brass is weird.
>>
Why do I want really expensive guns that I just shoot paper with
>>
>>54676653
Because they pew pew and make brain go fun mode.
Pro tip: shoot varmit with expensive gun, makes you feel like it was worth it
>>
>>54639195
Stupid Shotgun question.
Slugs. Can I shoot them out of any barrel? What about rifled slugs, and what about shotshells(buck, bird, whatever) they rifled vs smooth barrels?
Yes I'm newgunz
>>
>>54674273
at 18 I saved up my dollars and built an AR piecemeal from the most gucci parts I could find, it ended up being like $3k
>>
>>54676709
you can shoot them out of any barrel provided there are no chokes installed. Q choke is a tube that threads into the end of the barrel to "choke" (decrease the diameter of) the end of the barrel so as to modify shot pattern and spread. You won't hurt a rifled barrel with shot, but it will be ineffective beyond short range as the spin imparted on the shot cup will cause the shot to spread very quickly with a large gap in the center of the pattern
>>
>>54676890
Thanks anon.
>>
>>54677001
anytime
>>
>>54676709
>Can I shoot them out of any barrel?
Most slugs can be shot out of most barrels. Some slugs cannot be shot through chokes, if this is the case it will say so on the package. Some slugs don't perform well out of smoothbore barrels, again it will say it on the box.

>What about rifled slugs,
Rifled slugs have angled ridges on them so they can pass through most chokes safely. That's what the "rifling" is for, it has nothing to do with spin.

>and what about shotshells(buck, bird, whatever) they rifled vs smooth barrels?
Most shotshells are meant for smoothbore barrels. Rifled slug barrels are intended for sabot style slugs. You can shoot other kinds of slugs out of them but there's usually no point in doing so as they are typically more accurate from a smoothbore. It's safe to shoot shot out of a rifled slug barrel but there's no real purpose in doing so as the pattern will be dogshit. Rifled barrel shotguns are specialist tools for sabot slugs.

If you have an older gun be careful as it may not be able to handle steel shot. Steel shot is used for waterfowl hunting where lead shot is banned.
>>
>>54677098
And thank you as well. Very informative.
>>
>>54674426
I'd need a fixed stock and a non-threaded barrel, and only 10 round mags. Other than that I'm good.
>>
File: kearsarge-hernesaari.png (2.1 MB, 1600x900)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB PNG
Are there any modern US military films about NATO or other friendly countries where US soldiers go to visit in war games etc? Are those shown to soldiers before leaving to abroad? Or are there any power point presentations?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltVtnCzg9xw
>>
>>54673320
based. Were each of the grenade pouches 20? I've seen those cheaper, but the DDR UTV suspenders are fairly rare, at least from what I've seen. $5 for that and the belt is really good
>>
Does a carry belt need a steel core?
>>
>>54676601
The biggest problem is the oxidizer, as you note. Best case would be to use something like ANFO, but using any high explosive as a propellant is extremely difficult, especially for long barrels. Additionally, the initiation of them is more difficult, with ordinary primers possibly insufficient. Thirdly, they're illegal to store after creation, and are more sensitive to thermal degradation than gunpowder.
The best bet in extreme post-apocalypse scenarios is to go back to black powder, which is easy enough to make.
A few steps up from that is the older smokeless powders, like cordite or nitrocellulose. Those are at least pretty easy in the home lab and don't send the BCG through your face when you pull the trigger.
>>
>>54678107
Thanks
>>
>>54671653
I've never even heard of an LED getting burnt out. I'm sure it's physically possible but Aimpoint batteries last for 5 years of being left on constantly, so I'd be very surprised if they outlast the LED they're powering

>>54670453
bumping my own question like a fag
>>
I built an AR with an M4 profile barrel. Is it shit and should I sell it and get one with a socom barrel instead?
>>
>>54678858
Are you expecting to shoot hundreds of thousands of rounds in full auto over the next few months?

>Pencil > All
>>
>>54678956
Not exactly, the barrel just isn't "the best", and I'm feeling anxious about it.
>>
Is there a simple mod or upgrade to make the botton of the trigger less of an abrasive pain in the ass? Whenever I hold my rifle in one hand by the pistol grip, the weight causes the sharp edges to dig into the skin of my middle finger and it's a little annoying.
>>
>>54679013
What does that even mean?
>>
File: 1659728961242892.jpg (189 KB, 719x798)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
I want to teach my little cousin how to use a rifle. She'll be an adult soon.
My family didn't produce any boys for an entire generation so this is like my next best bet. She wears camo, she plays CS:GO and PUBG and crap and has a 7.62x39mm-themed mousepad, she likes knives, and she'll be 17 soon. Super tomboy.
I think it's time. I can start her on the bolt-action and move her up to my Mini and then handgun drills. War is coming soon and it would be stupid not to train her.
I just dunno if I can get away with it. We're in California and my family is super Democrat and left-leaning. They'd freak if I let her play with guns. At least her dad is an army vet, so maybe he'll approve, but I don't want to be that crazy uncle.
Whatever. It shouldn't be up to them anyway. As long as you approach adulthood you're in the constitutional militia. This is literally fucking duty.
I'll just ask her and her dad. She should learn sooner rather than later. Mom can't know, though. Well, maybe her mom. Not our aunts. They would freak. I can teach her basic EMT skills too.
Literal war is coming.
>>
>>54679126
Easy answer is felt tape or whatever adhesive cushion strip you can find.
To train it away try tightening your grip, keeping your middle finger away from the trigger guard, and resting the weight of the rifle into the bottom rear of your pistol grip where your palm rests. Hand exercises are a good thing to train on.
>>
>>54679126
Could change the pistol grip to something more ergonomic. Or just put some type of padding.
>>
>>54679308
>but I don't want to be that crazy uncle.
Lean into it, anon. Everyone loves their crazy uncle.
And if her parents are California Democrat, just don't tell them about the shooting. Let them think you're grooming her; they're much more understanding of that.
>>
>>54679308
>I want to teach my little cousin
>Whatever. It shouldn't be up to them anyway. As long as you approach adulthood
>Mom can't know, though. Well, maybe her mom. Not our aunts.
>I don't want to be that crazy uncle.
Stop grooming your niece asshole.
>>
File: arr-875-001.jpg (46 KB, 800x800)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>54679126
Trigger Guard Gap Filler
>>
File: file.png (963 KB, 670x662)
963 KB
963 KB PNG
would it work?
>>
>>54679950
I imagine it being malleable would defeat the baffles. I imagine they would deform as the pressure goes through and more or less nullify the baffling.
>>
When will Taurus release more Executive Grade models? Specifically the 605.
>>
What’s the legality of armor piercing armor, is it all illegal or only specific rounds like 7n6? Is it legal to buy? These shootings with the shooters using plates has got me thinking
>>
>>54680171
>armor piercing armor
I don't think running people over with a tank or something akin thereto has ever been legal.
And as far as I know there's not really any ammo that's straight up illegal to own. Just expensive as fuck, or requires a background check like anything expensive.
Some stuff is precluded from citizen sale, but mostly only because the govenrment doesn't want it getting anyone's hands but the government.
>>
>>54679551
>>54679556
This isn't a joke. War being a hypothetical on the news is over. Having antigunner relatives is a legit vulnerability long-term.
>>
>>54659831
Join several 3d printing Facebook groups, just to lurk

Noobs regularly asking the same questions instead of searching for themselves, so you don't even have to work hard for the info
>>
I'm looking to own my first gun. Home defense purposes. Live in retarded country so this are my only decent options:
S&W M&P9 2.0
Beretta APX
Glock 17 and 19 (Gen 3 and 4)
CZ P07, P09 and P10
Any ideas/advice?
>>
What's the best way to learn about firearms without being able to touch one? I'm English and been offered a firearms course but it keeps getting delayed.
>>
>>54681545
Just watch a shitton of youtube videos
>>
Are there any decent complete AR15 uppers for a poorfag build? I got like 400 max.
>>
>>54681919
Are Bushmasters still a thing?
>>
>>54639531
you need to learn to emulate social skills so you can do normal tasks that require talking to people with confidence
>>
Is it normal for the front sight on a GP100 to be slightly loose? Like if I firmly grab the sight there’s a little bit of play side to side.
>>
>>54683148
No, it shouldn't be wiggling at all.
>>54681919
As long as you are ok with nitride instead of chrome lining PSA has a bunch of uppers to choose from for $300ish.
>But PSA is for poors
It's fine.
>>54681545
C&Rsenal and Forgotten Weapons on YouTube make for a pretty good primer.
>>54681363
They are all comparable to each other.
Glock is like Toyota where they have a long track record and spare/aftermarket parts everywhere.
CZ is comfy.
S&W and Beretta are a bit cheaper.

Knowing nothing else I'd go with Glock 19. It's basically the default handgun you buy if you don't know what you want.
>>54679308
Is there a question here or are you just rambling?
>>
>>54639195

noguns here

can I put a pistol micro red dot on a glock gen4 any pistol?
>>
>>54683300
If the slide is cut for a red dot, yes. There are a few different cuts so make sure whatever optic you get is compatible.
If it has not been cut you can get one of those little plates that you can install into the rear sight's dovetail.
>>
>>54683376
that's cool. I like how glocks are around $500 a pop and I always wanted a holosight on a pistol. I think the fde glocks look cooler.
>>
In a handgun, does a half inch make that much of a difference in hollow point expansion? I don't know whether to go with 3.5" or 4"
>>
Is it common to negotiate on price at the gun store? What if I am buying multiple guns, accessories, or doing a trade-in?
>>
>>54684187
Much more common at smaller/unofficial stores. If it's not just a straight money for a gun trade then like with anything you can play around with the trade as a whole.
Larger and more cooperate places tend to have firm pricing and no haggling.
>>
>>54650601
I have the ar/k/ and the first four are corrupt as well.
>>
>>54650601
>>54651099
found the original dokument, but I don't have a account.
https://www.scribd.com/document/85480204/Thompson-M1A1-MK1-Lanchester-Model-37-SMGs-UD-M42-Pistol-Blueprint
>>
>>54664862
I read it and wouldn't answer without you providing said pic, mainly because it might not be helpful but for finding earth penetration info look up various bunker buster stats and many of them will directly compare it to one or more weapons on both earth and concrete. Perhaps you could find a similar weapon to the 155 that is listed.
>>
>>54674273
I'm a poorfag as well, but I can still save up for and buy guns I like like the M1216 and SAM7SF
>>
>>54676601
There are specially designed guns that work with kerosene and propane stored separately from the bullets that have been and are currently being used to kill people. Their effectiveness is greater than that of a musket, but lower than that of a repeating rifle. Pros and cons mainly line up with using an air rifle but with higher fire rate and more power. Fuels generally contain much more energy than explosives due but require outside oxygen to function so the weapons only become better than current systems at non-man portable artillery sized levels, with smaller single man rifles possible but less effective overall in everything. Iirc weapons like I said are used in south-east asia and occasionally we have threads on them, or we have threads on light gas guns at which time they also get brought up due to sharing certain design elements.
>>
File: 20170419_133555.jpg (82 KB, 1100x619)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>54640470
>>54640489
That type? Literally nothing. This type? Because it technically isn't an SBS due to overall length and is considered a "firearm" by the ATF instead of a shotgun. Shotguns have to have an 18" or longer barrel. The shockwave has a 14" barrel because it is a "firearm" and not a "shotgun' by strict definition.
>then you either get your tax stamp, leave your gun in a meme configuration, or shut up about the stock swap
all without needing a hacksaw or new tube/pump assembly

Pistol grip only shotguns are a mix of bubba + newfaggotry to firearms who don't realize a 18" cylinder bore patterns ~5" at 20 yards and has to be aimed like a rifle. Also the pellets don't phase out of existence at 7ft like in name a videogame.
>>
>>54677899
Sometimes. Nowadays, we are transitioning away from in person briefs and just given the name of a powerpoint or video to look up called a CBT, Computer Based Training, and they vary based on course material such as religious freedom and laws of war, various ones are required just in case you deploy and others are special to certain places. CBTs have a test at the end with a passing score usually around 80 with unlimited retries after rewatching whatever you missed. Other than those, most places like the UK and Germany it's just individual soldiers moving at a time and so they just have a checklist of things to do before hand and then are verbally told the gos and no gos of where ever they're going. Almost all rules are posted somewhere in a form of an MFR (Memorandum For Record) and the (non-shithole country) place with the most rules that I can think of is Japan.
>t. Airforce but sometimes has to follow other branches rules aka marines murder in japan whole base goes lockdown and no off base ventures.
>>
>>54683148
It should act like a solid part
>no-moovy woovy on my sighty whitys
>>
>>54681940
Sure, but why pay extra for the Shrub?
>>
>>54684792
Cool. So for Finland it would be like
>don't get too close to the Finns
>don't take the quietness as a hostile sign
>most of the Finns have knives with them
>don't diss Finn baseball or wrestling
>beware hotdog/burger stands/kiosks on friday nights, when Finns are drunk
>>
File: 1655827293938.jpg (126 KB, 763x1024)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
decent unbiased youtube reviewer?
paul harrell doesn't review guns
>>
>>54684648
here we go:
https://files.catbox.moe/ub34dj.pdf
>>
Why aren't there ballistic protection systems for regular small arms fire?
Kind of like the stuff tanks have for incoming missiles.
Couldn't you have an automated gun scan for and fire at incoming projectiles, since all regular bullets just follow a predictable ballistic trajectory. Why isn't this a thing?
>>
>>54679126
Different trigger guard. As much as I think it's silly to make such an item from plastic, Magpul makes one that fills the whole gap. Not in stock in black on their site but easily findable on other sites, I'm sure. Also finger groove pistol grips help probably. https://magpul.com/moe-enhanced-trigger-guard-polymer-ar15-m4.html?mp_global_color=118
>>
>>54687206
detecting and tracking something as small as a bullet among the background clutter of a typical battlefield is essentially impossible with current radar tech.
>>
>>54640470
>practical purpose

its easier to stash behind a checkout counter.
>>
>>54690185
Boomers don't trust semi auto
>>
>>54690185
Some semi-autos have difficulty switching between light and heavy loads where a pump does not.
>>
>>54690185
Semiautos don't reliably cycle things like bean bag rounds, rubber slugs, or tear gas shells that cops use.
The military absolutely does use semiautos, the standard US combat shotgun is the Benelli M4.

And don't forget that a shotgun is a very niche weapon to begin with. 99% of the time if you have to fight a rifle is a better choice.
>>
I have an SKS and an AR. Which one is better for home defense? I'm leaning towards SKS but I want other opinions

SKS has a 11(+1) round internal magazine.
AR has a 30(+1) round magazine, 10 inch barrel, shoots 300 blackout, but has a EOTech sight which must be turned on to be used and is somewhat finnicky(you need to make sure to press firmly on the button or the sight won't turn on, even if it clicks)
>>
>>54690829
Your AR is significantly better, except for the sight. It's higher capacity, faster to reload, more controllable, and if it's in 300blk you have easy access to subsonics.
Why not swap the sight on the AR? Or use BUIS, those would be more than enough at HD distances.
>>
>>54690905
I'm not really into ARs. The receiver literally has a rainbow unicorn on it(wasn't my idea, long story there), so I kind of built it as a meme gun, and putting irons on it would kind of detract from that. I also do really like the holographic sight.

I'm very torn because without the time to take to turn the sight on the AR is clearly the better choice. But the thing is that the holographic is also easier to acquire targets with, especially in the dark which is probably the most likely use case for HD.

The BUIS are a good point though. I'll consider that. Maybe the thing to do in the meantime is just put the SKS in the safe and practice turning the sight on for the AR?
>>
>>54640489
More hoodrat cred per dollar spent than a buying a draco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBOF4v_GJNY
>>
Could anyone identify this machinegun, please?
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lmg-personal-work
>>
File: RPD.png (559 KB, 1800x483)
559 KB
559 KB PNG
>>54691321
You really should know this one.
>>
>>54691418
Thanks
>>
stupid question, does heat resistant paint help stop or slow the transfer of heat to the metal its applied to? Im looking at a hand guard that would go over the suppressor of a gun but am worried that with the little space between the suppressor and the handguard, the handguard would heat up too much after a few mags from the heat radiating off the suppressor. Was wondering if applying a paint to the hand guard or at least the inside of it would slow down how fast the hand guard heats up
>>
Does anyone know of an idiot's guide to ARs? I'm interested in them but don't really know where to start.
>>
>>54689061
it's gonna be a thing with machine learning and high resolution cameras in the future?
>>
>>54691901
White or reflective silver paint would slightly reduce the heat transfer.
>>
>>54691901
>Was wondering if applying a paint to the hand guard or at least the inside of it would slow down how fast the hand guard heats up
If it does, it is not enough to make a difference for your application. Suppressors are like exhaust mufflers, they get hot, fast.
>>
File: 1630477679481.png (1.06 MB, 1068x562)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>54639195
What pistol magazine is this? I know I should've included a ruler or ammo for sense of scale. And inb4
>well it definitely is fucked, anon
Yes, it's been through a fire and I'm testing some finishing methods on it. Expect to see this in a future gunsmithing general/gsg. And also no, it's not evidence and no, I didn't pay anything for it; I'm not that stupid.
>>
>>54687206
It ain't 1908 anymore gramps, every last soldier has a machine gun now.
>>
>>54685336
Pretty much only the last one is what we'd get told, people who make the rules only care about ARIs (alcohol related incidents) and violence. Airforce at least is not very tolerant of alcohol related happenings like DUI or getting in a fight at a bar and most of the time when something like that happens state-side its a stripe taken (reduction in rank) and some form of hard labor. Overseas is different and usually much harsher punishment but varies on where you are and how bad it was. There are also places with a curfew and you can lose a stripe for not being either back on base or at a friends house past midnight.
>>
>>54691901
while paint does slow down heat transfer enough to be noticeable when trying to cool something like a radiator, it still will not be noticeable when you are going off of feel.-->translates to: Congrats your hand guard is 190 degrees instead of 215 degrees.
A solution might be with a aluminum foil covered fiber-glass sleeve as that is what is used for high temp gloves that I use in large heat treating ovens. I use it to pick up metal that is 900 degrees and up. insulates pretty well but will still get hot if I hold onto it for a minute.
>>
File: The_Grim_Reaper(M48).jpg (205 KB, 640x846)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>54685999
>Tank (You)
>>
>>54693048
its for a FAMAS
>>
At what fps does a faster bullet penetrate less?
At greater speed drag increases exponentially and bullets deform as if liquid. at what speed do rounds stop penetrating and start cratering? How does bullet geometry affect it? THV ammo starts cratering around 2000fps but that is due to a different effect than the one that produces high velocity craters. 5.56 at 26000fps is confirmed to crater-tested via light gas gun, as well as 6000fps pellets into human flesh-tested by MAC V SOG (it was an arm strike on a live target). I'm looking for any info relating to these studies thanks in advance.
>>
No GQ thread to ask in so:

Does anyone here use an abdominal plate carrier and plate? Been thinking of adding but want feedback.
>>
>>54678618
thanks
>>
>>54690829
AR by miles.
>>54691072
Sure, but why not get a better sight where this isn't an issue?
>>54684187
Never hurts to try, although most places have the prices pretty much set in stone. We're also talking almost exclusively used guns as well, since new ones are typically priced with a specific profit margin in mind that is necessary for keeping the business afloat.
>>54684143
Depends on the caliber. With 9mm not really, with 357 Magnum yes.
Generally speaking the higher velocity the caliber/load you are working with the more it will benefit from a longer barrel.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbJJwaVdgIs&ab_channel=MrBeast
>>
Building a 14.5 with a mid length gas system, what buffer system should I get: (a) JP silent capture spring; (b) Geissele super 42; (c) Griffin A2 rifle length with Sprinco; or (d) Spikes H2 buffer with a Sprinco?
>>
>>54692007
Start with understanding how the gun works and the parts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMIBUIN30yU
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLlRzRtKJRqMYz_6z0g_KOhOecEGBPSOo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W8Rh5YrWYA
https://www.youtube.com/c/InstructorChad
>>
File: H4091-L183135458.jpg (39 KB, 1000x667)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
Well guys I accidentally bought this .357 shitcannon for tree fiddy, what do?
>>
>>54685999
>>54684648
Thanks anons! Downloaded it now, I'll go back and fix the edition I'm seeding later.
>>
>>54697758
How does one "accidentally" buy a gun?
Did you grab the wrong model/caliber, or say "give me the revolver" and they handed you whatever was closest?
Also what you do with it depends on you. If you carry, you might as well carry it. If you can't/won't carry, and don't have another 357, you might as well keep it. If you really don't want it, sell it to some boomer for $400-500.
>>
>>54697812
Every so often I see a gun I wouldn't mind having at auction and try to inflate the numbers to make boomers pay more. This time I wound up with another gun. Whoopsie doodles! I'll probably keep it as a car gun and let my more expensive P30SK stay home.
>>
>>54697829
That's what you get for trying to make boomers that are out to save money, spend money.
And letting it hang out as a car gun seems like a good use.
>>
I only have a month to buy new semi auto guns before my state requires a ridiculously hard to get license to buy semi autos, everything bought before then will be grandfathered in.

I currently have an AR, a hi point 9mm carbine, a 10/22, and a Henry ar7.

What else should I get before the license goes into effect and defacto makes it impossible to get more semi autos?

I'm not interested in battle rifles mostly because I can't justify spending a $1500 on an FAL or a G3, if someone knows where I can get a $600 g3 like a few years ago let me know however.

And I'm not interested in AKs since I'd want one in 5.56, but I'm priced out of the 5.56 AKs that accept stanag magazines and therefore a compmag for compliance in my state

Are there any cool semi autos that aren't "assault weapons" I should look at before this law goes into effect?

I was looking at the Chiappa citadel m1-9, m1 carbine clone since that's only $500. Is that any good?
>>
>>54698239
wat state
>>
How dangerous is old ammo that's splitting at the case neck? I have half a box of decades old hunting ammo and while I've decided it's no good for hunting I still wanna practice with it before I spend 2 bucks a round on more .303
>>
I don't suppose anyone would happen to know why my plash palatka has BLUE toggles? They seem original to the garment. Unfortunately I do not remember where or when I bought this.
>>
I want to semi conceal a pistol near my bed, and I don't have a side table. What's a good option? I was thinking of getting one of the barrel sticks that you mount to a wall or something to hide between my headboard and my wall.
Or maybe I'll get a side table at some point.
>>
I've got an AR that I think about 100-150 rounds were put through and then the rifle was left uncleaned for a year. I tried regular cleaning methods with solvent and brushes and everything but there is a pretty thick layer of dirt/debris on the internals and inside the barrel that normal solvent can't seem to completely remove even after hours of cleaning. what is the general recommendation for what to use to remove severely stuck on dirt from a rifle, there doesn't seem to be any rust, it's just very strongly caked on debris from shooting
>>
>>54699399

And while I am at it, does anyone know when the Plash Palatkas were phased out of Soviet/Russian service? I do assume they were.
>>
>>54699662

A book with the pages cut out. You can literally just put it on the floor.
>>
>>54698984
New york
>>
File: lol.gif (2.03 MB, 450x219)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB GIF
>>54650774
>they had it out for me
>constantly fucks up and acts like a retard to the point of federal investigations
Oh my lord you are some sort of retarded fuck up. Shame shitbags never have the wherewithal to realize that their problems are their own fault.
>>
>>54699934
Not even him but assuming he's telling the truth
>Someone else smokes and he walks past getting the smell on him
>His roommate takes drugs and freaks out
How are those his fault exactly? And how do they make him a shitbag?

The one situation he had control over was the "killing the coronavirus" post he made, which if he's to be believed is a ridiculous overreaction to him posting a photo of a water gun.
Although he should have known better than to post anything like that considering his back was already to the wall.

Not sure why I feel the need to defend him, but I don't see how any of that makes him a shitbag especially considering he had no involvement in two of the three incidents
>>
still looking for a 22 to plink with, I'm under the impression that lever action 22's are difficult to maintain and prone to breaking or otherwise needing repairs / maintenance preformed by a gunsmith? is this true? are there better or more modern designed lever action 22's I could be looking at where that's not true?
>>
>>54644666
No modern firearms allowed at NJ gunshows
>>
>>54644666
NJ is the worst state for guns in the union. You can't even get a bb gun without a license
>>
>>54700109
Many modern lever guns are at least kinda guns that need gunsmith maintenance. Parts fitment is usually not exquisitely perfect enough to just order parts and have them work. I doubt you'll have parts breakages, though, just keep it clean.
>>
>>54700271
I've hand fitted new parts for janktacular SW model 10 parts bin guns from ganderoutdoors, I've also done my own CZ 75 spring work but just disassembling a levergat spooks me
>Many modern lever guns are at least kinda guns that need gunsmith maintenance
did you mean they're least likely to require gunsmithing or did you mean they're the kind of guns that would need to regularly be seen by a gunsmith?
>>
>>54700360
that is, disassembling a lever gun for cleaning
>>
>>54699769
I wasn't thinking of hiding it outright, just not out in the open. Somewhere where I can get it easily should I need it, that's not just out and about to get misplaced or lost or something.
>>
>>54700522

If you have a foam mattress you can cut a hole in it.
>>
File: 1628530662051.jpg (36 KB, 416x260)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
what's so special about finnish carpentry that they devote whole books to it?

does anyone have an oscilloscope that can detect the hertz from bass in a youtube song? is there an app for that?
>>
>>54700605
Finish. One N. Not Finnish, the country.

As for the audio thing, you can view the audio signal in an editing program, no need for an oscilloscope. There's web tools which convert YT videos to MP3s or other audio file formats, just do that and look at the file.
>>
>>54700574
I'll put it right in my spine, so I never miss it.
>>
File: 1598855893083.jpg (41 KB, 570x456)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
spare ballistol is OK for knives i would think. any points/counterpoints? it's my special baby so would food grade mineral oil be a better choice?

>>54700652
ty ty
>>
>>54700687
knife is a folding plastic spyderco
>>
>>54656990
russianoptics.net
He also posts on arfcom as TXzen
I’m not sure if the info on his site about airsoft copies of the kobra is up to date or accurate. Might be worth sending him a PM on arfcom or an email if he lists it on his site. I think his site is great and has a lot of good info

Kobra may be hard to get now that Ukraine war is going on, not really sure desu. I decided to go with western optics for my AKs because of battery life but I agree that the kobra is neat. You should be able to find some sellers with a google search. Ivanthebear used to get restocks fairly often, not sure what is going on now with that site.

Hopefully this gives you a good starting point
>>
>>54659831
Check out the 3D printer general on /diy/
While you’re there check and see if there are any sex doll making threads. Always good for a laugh
>>
Where can I get an East German paratrooper vest?
>>
>>54702515
Ebay
>>
File: 1601092770232.jpg (1.33 MB, 2731x4096)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
I'm working on an AR-based PCC build and I want to get a handguard as long as I can for the barrel. I understand I shouldn't cover the muzzle brake, but how much clearance do I need? Go right up the the threads, or stay back an inch or two?
>>
File: Snapchat-938102212.jpg (291 KB, 1080x1920)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>54675847
in Arkansas, if you can legally buy a handgun, you can legally carry it.
>t. live here, that sign has been gone for years.
>>
>>54675847
however, the bottom sign is completely wrong. there some ugly sumbitches here, and lot of old abandoned meth-lab houses too.
>>
>>54693048
S&W Shield.
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/promag-sampw-shield-magazine-9mm-7-rounds-blued-steel?a=2184904
>>
Who makes BCM barrels? (Standard chrome moly vanadium and hammer forged)
>>
File: 20220703_194343.jpg (3.52 MB, 4032x3024)
3.52 MB
3.52 MB JPG
>>54640470
Not a so much a direct practicality but I noticed you can pick them up a lot cheaper because people put two tubes through them then let them sit for a decade before selling for rent/weed money. This allowed me to pick up a stock set from numrich for $25 and have myself a nice mossy 500 setup for just under the price of a maverick, total price $175 (maybe 2 or 3 more for shipping, I picked up a lot of other stuff in the order for the stock) and a pleasant hour or so on a Sunday afternoon when I put it together.
>>
>>54653492
>>54653538
Not him, but would I need to boil water for the RitDye everything recommends for UCP? I don't really have a way to boil water outside and I'd rather not start a fire cause it's really hot here. Could I just use any temperature water, or could I boil it inside and then bring it outside to put my stuff and the dye in?
>>
File: a.jpg (209 KB, 2008x1220)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>54639195
who would win?
>>
>>54639195
Will a CompM2 hold a zero on a 12g pump? Would love to shoot some clays with a red dot
>>
Is pic rel (16 oz) or the stainless version (22 oz) a better choice for babby's first handgun? Intended use is defense against puny Arizona black bears.
>38spl is too weak for bears
I'm not hunting them. I would only be shooting them in the face from 0-3 yards.
>>
>>54704002
>0-3 yards

You'd already be dead get a 10mm
>>
>>54704180
I'm straight though.
>>
>>54704207
.38 is a piss weak round, does 10mm hurt your tranny wrists?
>>
>>54704414
>everything has gained bullet resistance in the last 50 years
>if you don't carry a pissing hot meme caliber, you're dead for sure
ok zoomer
>>
>>54704180
.22LR pistols are 5-0 against black bears and 0-1 against a polar bear, lol. 38SPL is 1-0 against a grizzly and 1-1 against black bears.

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/03/update-handgun-or-pistol-against-bear-attack-93-cases-97-effective/
>>
>>54695305
Kill yourself.
>>
>>54704471
>>54704538
Sounds like wristlet cope, at least carry a .357
>>
>>54704649
>at least carry a gun that highly experienced shooters say is unpleasant for them to shoot and a terrible choice for novices
spotted the micropenis
>>
Does any one know where I can get an x95 Receiver? I have access to a micro Tavor parts kit with the round handguard and really want to get it and put a 16” barrel on it. If I can’t find anything then I guess the next best thing would be pic rel which is an x95 with a cut down Optimus handguard
>>
>>54704757
Spotted the broke bitch noguns, reddit is that way nigger
>>
I'm a shit pistol shooter and I'm starting to notice that I shoot better one handed than two handed. I'll occasionally practice one handed and get better results too. I wonder if I should just shoot one handed at this point since my two handed skills keep getting worse and worse

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.