[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Whatdowegot'ere Edition

Previous:
>>54089715

>Resources:

>Free ASVAB Practice Tests
https://www.asvabpracticetests.com/

>Fort Jackson Army Basic Training Guide (Nov. 2020)
https://pastebin.com/yg972vRE (Short version)
https://pastebin.com/53tsDj90 (40 page version)

>Special Forces Fitness Guide
http://specialforcesrecruiter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/THOR3-10-Week-Program.pdf
http://www.stewsmith.com/linkpages/sfart.htm#:~:text=PT%3A%20Every%20other%20day.,of%2040%20to%2050%20reps).

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
>https://mega.nz/folder/ZQhQDLQA#SrCZyqNQiomnG4DsTzcNMg
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS, as well study guides for ASTB-E

>https://bogidope.com/civilian-to-guard-or-reserve/the-ultimate-military-pilot-career-path-part-1/
Airforce Pilot guide - just do AFROTC, political science major, 4.0 with athletics is auto-acceptance

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No, you'll get cancer and a prolapsed asshole. http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Two year long school with suicidal furries as your co-workers

>Info on sf86
https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf

>How to get way overqualified physically for BMT/BCT when starting from nothing
https://pastebin.com/yGzadpNZ

>Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Lying about medical record GOOD
Lying about criminal record BAD
>>
>>54127443
Based corrected Zogbot general
>>
Has anyone ever posted from meps?
>>
The wrongs of past /meg/ has been resolved, thank you to anon in the thread for catching that subtle WEAKENING of our general.
>>
I wish to go 64A, Field Veterinary Service
is there a way to do this without a degree in that field? I have a degree but in psychology.
>>
>>54127497
No
>>
Does anyone here actually serve?
>>
>>54127558
Yes lots of people, there is a whole discord
>>
>>54127576
>joining the discord
>joining any discord
>>
>>54127576
What do you guys discuss?
>>
>>54127497
>>54127554
What's the best solution, then ?
Not sure I can wait another 6 years then get in .mil
>>
How do you deal with base sisters? How do I protect myself in the showers?
>>
>>54127558
Unfortunately
>>
>>54127585
I assume they groom white teen twinks into becoming nukes
>>
>>54127585
Mostly complaining and autistic shitposting. Answering questions for new people as well. What to lie about at MEPS, etc.
>>
>>54127597
Do something else if you really want to get in the military or get a degree for doggos and make more money not joining the military
>>
>>54127601
Elaborate
>>
ADHD? Is this bad? I do not take meds
>>
>>54127669
Every other zoomer has ADHD these days. Just shut up about it
>>
File: 20220616_065040.jpg (3.48 MB, 4032x3024)
3.48 MB
3.48 MB JPG
Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you
Stationed at polk
>>
>>54127443
>Lying about medical record GOOD
anyone faked their covid jab cards?
>>
>>54127706
>clean new CIF
>new boots
>bare room empty of personal belongings
Haze yourself, boot.
>>
>>54127725
I have buddy who faked it, but he has less than a year left. I would suggest waiting to see if they drop the mandates, because you're fucked if they make boosters mandatory.
>>
>>54127601
offer yourself
>>54127669
>>54127704
This, don't disclose it if there is no prescription trace. It's also a bullshit disorder and an excuse for people to get legal amphetamines.
>>
>>54127734
Those aren't new boots retard
The room had junk food wrappers, roaches and trash all over
Yeah sure the cif is fine
>>
>>54127760
might be traces from middleschool?
>>
>>54127834
Shut up about your medical history unless you want to risk being denied entry or having to get waivers to join. You also risk being discharged if they find out later down the line, but you shouldn't need to give them a reason to look into your medical history unless you're getting a clearance or something. Even with TS background checks, i doubt they look at your medical history though.
>>
>>54127834
I just don't know how the genesis thing works, we didn't have it when I went in and I was in the same situation. Nuclear option would be to say you forgot about it if it comes up and get a doctor to say in writing that you don't have ADHD. Absolutely ridiculous that they hand out amphetamines to children then and now.
>>
If you're on the ground in a combat zone how does the Sergeant communicate the game plan to his guys?
>>
>>54127443
Poorfag warhammer table.
>>
>>54127867
This anon is a Russian spy
>>
>>54127867
Before you step off the PL gives an operations order that the squad leaders attend. The squad leader will plan his part of the overall platoon mission and conduct rehearsals of the important parts with his squad. After stepping off they execute, and communicate with hand and arm signals or by radio while approaching the X. On taking contact or at the objective, the SL will communicate by radio or voice with the team leaders, who will use quick vocal commands or other signals to get the rest of his team to do what he wants, ex. "Pvt Snuffy, set up your SAW looking out the window with sectors of fire from X to Y," "stack on me and push towards right door," "left side bound."
>>
>Disclosed prior asthma diagnosis to the recruiter (diagnosed before 13, retarded I know.) Can't go to MEPS until I provide records and a normal PFT.
>Provide prescription history (nothing on there but an antibiotic) and letter from the clinic I was diagnosed at saying they do not have records of the diagnosis anymore, alongside a PFT showing normal respiratory function.
>Submit all this and told I am cleared for MEPS

I go to MEPS tomorrow and was wondering will they give me shit for this there? If they have received these documents and cleared me to go, I'm not going to get there and all of a sudden they want me to do more shit right?
>>
>>54127986
Sounds like you have your ducks in a row, I think you can rest easy so long as you're consistent.
>>
>>54127986
>Had asthma
>Getting the mando jab
RIP anon
>>
>34 unique posts
>12 unique posters
>thread is an hour old

Goddamn, that crazy shitposter must be having a rough day
>>
>>54128203
Meds
>>
>75% through 1st duty station
>just process shit and make a weather slideshow every couple weeks
>going to volunteer another year here so I can bullshit some more
Why is humphreys so comfy?
>>
File: fuckscience.gif (1.23 MB, 450x252)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB GIF
>>54127443
Any mil nurses?
How's the ICU residency? My hospital does heart transplants and I'm gunning for SICU but eventually want to attend mil CRNA program.
>>
So I went on SSRIs for a few months in college because that's what everyone who hated life did, and the doctors get paid to give out pills nowadays so there was no hesitation. If I go through with my shit and go to MEPs, should I lie and say I never touched any pills like that? Besides that, I'm in peak physical and mental condition.
>>
>>54127706
>UCP
I thought this had been phased out already.
>>
>>54128406
What does the OP say about this?
>>
>>54128406
If it's recorded in tricare, you're fucked. Else, lie. Mental condition is the means to continue going through the shit at basic without losing it. If you got a bit of stoicism and the ability to team play you'll be good.
>>
>>54128406
>I'm in peak physical and mental condition
No one who considers joining is "peak mental condition" anon..
>>
File: enlisted men.jpg (231 KB, 1069x1230)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>
>>54128657
>imagine being a whore wanting to become an honest house wife
>>
>>54128692
that's a real fetish. turning whores into fully devoted wifes with your dick.
>>
>>54128732
Oddly wholesome fetish
>>
>>54128732
This doesn't work out nearly as well in real life.
t. seen way too many junior enlisted guys think they can turn hoes into housewives
>>
File: Vicksburg-Battle-Hero_0.jpg (73 KB, 1280x450)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>54128489
I just want to play with full-auto guns and fulfill my obligation to the social contract.
>>54128461
It ain't, brother.
>>54128424
Copy.
>>
>>54128461
What’s tricare?
>>
>>54127706
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
t. Hood
>>
>>54128887
Health insurance
>>
File: N0200.jpg (155 KB, 1280x960)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>54128839
dude, a lot of fetishy aren't realistic, which is part of their allure. vore, etc.
>>
>>54128203
What the heck did you just say about me, you little honey bun? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Cutie Patooties, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret tweets on Daddy Trump, and I have over 300 confirmed snookims. I am trained in butter biscuits and I’m the top sweetie in the entire US sugar doodles. You are nothing to me but just another Daddy. I will cuddle you the heck out with warmth the likes of which has never been felt before on this Earth, mark my words. You think you can get away with saying that dookie doo to me over the Internet? Think again, cutie. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Mommies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the huggie wuggies, deary. The huggies that wipes out the silly little thing you call your meanie doodles. You’re in trouble, Daddy. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can tweet you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in butter boops, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Cutie Wooties Fruity Tooties and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your widdle face, you little cutie pie. If only you could have known what huggie wuggies your little “tweetie weetie” was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your mouthy wouthy. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, honey buns. I will wiggle woop all over you and you will drown in it. You’re really sweet, honey.
>>
>>54128413
For uniforms, yeah. Gear in UCP still gets issued.
>>
>>54127443
How do you guys ITT feel about getting battlefield blood donations from an AIDS ridden faggot?
https://media.defense.gov/2022/Jun/07/2003013398/-1/-1/1/POLICY-REGARDING-HUMAN-IMMUNODEFICIENCY-VIRUS-POSITIVE-PERSONNEL-WITHIN-THE-ARMED-FORCES.PDF
>>
File: high-reaction.gif (2.14 MB, 358x202)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB GIF
>>54129593
>purges purebloods that refuse the jabs
>allows HIV+ faggots
Absolute state of modern military
>>
>>54127443
Discord??
>>
>>54127443
>Wants to enlist
>Covid vaccine still mandatory
Haha fuck off! Call me when they end that shit

t. Merchant Mariner
>>
Reposting from last thread to see if anyone else has any thoughts on my situation:

Am I retarded for enlisting in the space force? I would do a cyber or intel job.

I’m in my mid 20s, got a high ASVAB score, and it’s either this, civilian pilot school, or software engineering.

I really like traveling internationally so being unable to for 4 years would suck, but it is what it is.
>>
>>54130849
unless you have actual job offers from any of those other places, the space force is a real job while those others are nebulous concepts
do cyber operations not cyber transport or surety
transport and surety means helpdesk and wires and firewalls
operations means coolguy stuff
>>
>>54127443
24 hr CQ
Gains killers
>>
>>54130849
My dude I'm 31 and a lawyer and I'm fucking considering it. I'm looking for a career shift and the military is definitely a way to re-invent oneself and start over. Maybe I'm retarded too? I would OTS but there is about a snowballs' chance in hell of that application getting through right now.

Also, to your options for software engineering or pilot school, you can probably use GI bill to pursue those after your contract is up.JJ4AR
>>
>>54130866
True. I don’t have a degree and I’m a long way from even being offered a job in either of those fields.

>>54131101
Good point. And yeah, I’ve heard from multiple recruiters that trying to commission into the AF without ROTC isn’t going to happen. What makes you want to leave law and enlist? Sounds like you have good alternative options.
>>
File: 1605732662280.jpg (43 KB, 659x525)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Changing to cyber after 7 years in a 1Axxx job, feels good. Also, going back to the states will be very nice. Being overseas for 2+ years starts to be a little tiring.
>>
>I'd like to do my part for the nation
>but full time is a bit much
is there any point to joining the Australian Reserves? I don't mind serving a couple weeks a year, but if it's all pointless makework and the Army doesn't actually need or want reservists, I'd rather not be an admin burden
>>
Give me the best job for max comfiness while in that leads to good civilian opportunities

I’m just here to cash in on the gi bill and disability gibs
>>
>>54127497
>I wish to go 64A, Field Veterinary Service
>is there a way to do this without a degree in that field? I have a degree but in psychology.
Unironically become an army psychologist and enjoy guaranteed promotion to LTC from booting troops out by exaggerating/completely falsifying evaluations on behalf of their commanders. Other benefits include doling out addies to intel troops, and getting females 90% DoD disability from a one night stand gone right.
>>
>>54132091
Just enlist as 11b and go to medical for every boo boo and owie you end up with, ideally in both knees and your upper, mid, and lower back, plus complain about erectile dysfunction, sleep apnea, and anxiety. Easy 70%+.
>>
>>54130866
>the space force is a real job
Kek
>>
>>54131101
>military is definitely a way to re-invent oneself
No
>Maybe I'm retarded too?
Yes
>>
Can I expect to do any cool stuff as a civilian glownigger or is it just a deskjob?
>>
Do enlistment bonuses signify high demand?
>>
>>54127633
"What to lie about at MEPS"
literally everything?
>>
>>54127706
Those boots suck ass
>>
>>54135039
Yeah. Make sure you understand how you're receiving the bonus and what you actually need to do to qualify for it before signing on for it.
>>
>>54135039
They signify never getting your money
>>
>>54135039
High demand of people that can hack it, yes. If you fail your MOS-specific schooling, then you don't get the bonus.
>>
>>54127443
I’ve been diagnosed with adhd and have to take meds, getting off of them. However I’m on tricare, do I just stick it out for a year or whatever or can I get a waiver?
>>
>>54133106
Can you do this as a desk jockey?
>>
>>54136235
Iirc 3 years off the meds by doctors orders, then chance a waiver. Sorry bud, thanks for your parents cervix
>>
How do I maximize my time in rotc as a 30 year old with mostly early 20s kids?
>>
Is it true they look up your prescriptions?
>>
>>54137375
Maybe
>>
>>54137518
How do I avoid this?
>>
>>54136268
Maybe. I mean, knee pain is knee pain, no matter what caused it. If you go to medical and get it documented, you'll probably get disability for it same as a ground pounder would - though the PA at sick call will probably expect you to tell him something about straining yourself at PT before you started having pains instead of telling him it was caused by rucking up a mountain or something.
>>
>>54136952
How the hell are you in ROTC at age 30? I thought they had age limits for anyone that wasn't a prior, and even then the priors only get a few extra years on top of the existing age limit?
>>
>>54135054
Thought you couldnt lie anymore with the new system in place , mhs genesis. Records go back 7 years or someshit
>>
>>54137920
Really makes me wonder how many people *shouldn't* be in the military because they had to lie about something.
>>
>>54137920
HIPPA puts a full stop on their search unless you sign a form that allows them to check. If any medical provider gives info without your consent, you can sue.
>>
>>54138046
Physical ailment, you'll break something. "Mental illness" is subjective and if you can't do a basic job and learn then you should already be on ssi and not trying out for the military.
>>
>>54138289
>"Mental illness" is subjective
I'm aware, and I'm not saying the military is in the right to "weed out" so many people because of their mental medical history. I'm just curious how many people had to lie to get in.
>>
File: 1635901641212.jpg (39 KB, 622x609)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>54131101
>31
>lawyer
Don't fucking enlist jesus christ. Yeah OTS is super backed up but you can still get into Navy OCS, possibly even Army although Im not as up to date on recent Army OCS acceptance rates
>>
>>54138467
Maybe I'll try Navy OCS. Frankly, being a lawyer is extremely soul-crushing. No debt, I have plenty saved up, just feel like I need a major change and AF/SF seemed the most interesting.

I realize Officer pay/QoL is much, much better but I'm really viewing this as a career shift into intel/cyber and scratch the service itch at the same time.

Idk maybe I just need to see a shrink or something and get my head on straight.
>>
Is there an IQ ceiling for enlisting? Ie, if you're 120 IQ would you be just torturing yourself? Or would your commanding officer notice your aptitudes and help you get into a track that makes better use of your brainpower?
>>
>>54138823
You'll hate being treated like an 18 year old when you've had life experience. Military is also filled with idiots, and many if those idiots will be your command. Don't be fooled by propaganda into thinking the military is some prideful organization that gives you a sense of purpose. If you want that, go special warfare, but you better be in peak physical condition for those jobs.
>>
>>54138866
No one will give a shit how smart you are, and idiots above you won't like it if you question their authority. Don't expect people to cater to your genius.
>>
>>54138885
Suppose you're right. I heard that the geekier air force/space force AFSCs treat you a bit less like a child and have slightly higher IQ senior enlisted as well. Apparently it is more common to see older/educated recruits in those areas. Maybe not to my extent admittedly. I mean, one of my siblings enlisted later in life (navy intel) and they love it.

I'll think about it some more of course. Idk maybe reserves/guard. I just seriously hate my fucking job and really see the .mil as a way to springboard into a different/more interesting career.
>>
>>54137537
Don't mention your prescriptions.
>>
>>54138866
>would your commanding officer notice your aptitudes and help you get into a track that makes better use of your brainpower
Lol. Lmao even
>>
>>54127443
>be me
>be trying to join the army
>go in for ASVAB
>score a 90
>two of my line scores are above 120, the others above 130
>really excited
>start on medical
>it takes months
>doctors suspected aspergers as a kid
>MEPs basically won't accept me without getting tested

I'm working on scheduling medical testing, this is a pain.
>>
>>54139113
>I just seriously hate my fucking job and really see the .mil as a way to springboard into a different/more interesting career
I was in a similar situation anon. It did not do that for me.
>>
>>54139215
What was you mos?
>>
>>54139191
MEPs is why it took me 3 years to get in
>>
>>54139233
Intel originally, reclassed into a MNT job. Both are eh.
>>
>>54138866
It sounds like you got your view of the military from a 19th century officer’s manual. I’m enlisted in intel. Many people are 25-35, had degrees before enlisting, worked as programmers/teachers/lawyers etc. Every officer I’ve met has been super cool and everyone treats each other like mutually respected colleagues regardless of rank.
>>
>>54139252
Well...fuck
>>
>>54139252
>pog jobs
yeah, thought so
>>
>>54139261
Are you fucking with me? There are seriously other fuckups like me with JDs (lawyer degree) who enlisted?
>>
>>54138467
The Army isn't backed up but working with their recruiters is like pulling teeth and if you have never wanted to kill someone then you will find out what it feels like to want to rip a man's mandible off and gut him with it. I've worked with both branches btw

>want to commission with Navy
>find officer recruiter
>grind through the paperwork, apply for desired community, get accepted
>never once questioned about my desires or decisions, expected to handle my own shit or suffer if I don't meet deadlines and expectations

Meanwhile with the Army

>meet with recruiter to discuss commissioning
>recruiter never once acknowledges commissioning as a valid option and instead pitches enlisting over and over again
>feeds me horseshit about how enlisting with a bonus will net me more money than commissioning
>outright lies about OCS acceptance rates by saying 95% of civilian applications are being rejected but 95% of enlisted-to-officer applications are being accepted
>stipulates that I must agree to enlist if he "makes an exception" and sends my OCS application one time and it is not accepted, as if he wouldn't just sit on his thumb and lie about sending it
>calls me later on and tries to bait me into a 10 year WOFT contract, and even gets a guy currently in that pipeline to call me and tell me about how much better it is than commissioning (I never agreed to this)
>further down the road texts me about enlisted reserve opportunities, ends conversation when I bring up commissioning
>last call he made to me was when I was at Navy OCS. He didn't laugh with me when I told him where I was when I called him back.

Fuck the Army's commissioning process. At least the Air Force doesn't waste your time and instead tells you where to shove it and then pretends you do not exist.
>>
>>54139282
Anon, I'd say over 50% of the people I talk to hate being in the military. Most are doing their 4 years and leaving. The only people that I see go career are the ones that buy into the brainwashing. I'm sure you check that box.
>>
>>54139296
>officers
he probably means commissioned but is retarded enlistedman.
>>
>>54139345
What would you rather be doing instead? What's the plan when you get out if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>54139352
Uhh idk it seems like in context he did mean enlisted.

I know one guy who enlisted with a PhD and an MS but admittedly he was Air Guard
>>
File: 1440686285912.png (52 KB, 700x419)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>54139345
Oh no I left after 4. I just had a great time blowing shit up and fucking SoCal HS girls. Caint fathom the thought of being in a pog shop.
>>
>>54139370
Work the same job I'm doing and make way more money without dealing with all the military BS, or find a different job that utilizes my TS.
>>
>>54139409
Gotcha. But hey at least military training will help u get those jobs right?
>>
>>54139395
>Caint fathom the thought of being in a pog shop
I don't think you have the aptitude for it, by the sounds of it. EOD seems like it could have been a fun career though, since you talk about blowing shit up
>>
>>54139438
Yes, military was always a means to an end. The main thing i wanted was the VA loan and a chance to travel. I'll at least get one of them. It just doesn't sound like you'll get what you're hoping for(assuming you're the lawyer anon). Had i done it over, i prob would have gone spec ops.
>>
>>54139236
3 months is already killing me
>>
>>54131101
I'm with you anon. 27, former civilian federal regulator and wanting to pivot into infosecurity/IT from a non-technical degree. SF seems to be the best path for me. I know there are some people screeching to go the commissioned route in other branches since I'd have no chance in the SF/AF OTS, but enlisting would probably get me on the right foot, even if it results in getting treated like a retarded 18 year old for a few years.
>>
>>54139478
Yeah I'm lawyer anon.

No I'm not looking to travel, actually happy to be stationed in Colorado the whole time (space force) since I have family there. Then the goal is to become a contractor with the TS+ certs I pick up and escape lawyer life.
>>
File: 1594242239878.png (224 KB, 1460x595)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
>>54127585
Dying in some desert shithole isn't worth it.
US government is illegal occupation force over your homeland, and US military is its muscle. Its not worth it risking your life for globalist scum.
Just don't enlist, guys.
>>
>>54139552
>Then the goal is to become a contractor with the TS+ certs I pick up and escape lawyer life
Not a bad goal. Idk how SF works with enlisting, hopefully you get more control over choosing your job than the AF gives you.
>>
>>54139721
Outdated scrpit. No one is going to die in the sandbox these days. Still have a fucked administration though
>>
>>54139746
We've warned that shill many times that his script doesn't make sense now that we have pulled out of Afghanistan, but he operates on autopilot and says the same bullshit anyways. He has the neuroplasticity of a geriatric with dementia.
>>
>>54139252
What branch?
>>
>>54140163
Chair Force
>>
>>54127669
Pretty sure I have it, you’ll be fine
>>
>>54140211
Well shit. I’m debating doing air/space force to get a change and get my head out of my ass.

I don’t have a degree and am slated to do cyber or intel. But maybe it’s not even worth it. Especially since the whole time I’ll be thinking about life when I get out
>>
>>54139746
This, we get to die in snow and trees now
>>
File: unknown-114.png (852 KB, 800x448)
852 KB
852 KB PNG
>>54139252
>retraining from INTEL into MX
This is completely unfathomable. I have zero ability to even imagine someone physiologically capable of doing this. What 1N flavor were you?
>>54140258
Look at 1D7 for cyber and 1N4A for cyber intel. Don't know about spaceforce job codes but they have better training oppurtunitites for cyber security roles. Just get something with a TS clearance. You'll never go hungry again. Also talk to air guard recruiters to see if they have opportunities. DO NOT GO RESERVES YOUR LIFE WILL BE SUFFERING.
>>
>>54127576
What is the discord?
>or is this just an ongoing joke
>>
>>54142264
>DO NOT GO RESERVES YOUR LIFE WILL BE SUFFERING
Elaborate
>>
>>54142412
>ongoing joke
You qualify for free ssi for seeing things that are not there.
>>
>>54139352
>>54139296
Yes in my enlisted intel A school there were 2 former lawyers in their 30s in my division alone. One made it through, one got dropped. A lot of people leave real careers for shots at cool guy jobs - EOD, divers, SEALs, cyber, intel, etc. The officer in my class actually struggled the most. The rest of my class was mostly 25-35 with degrees - a math teacher, a chemist, a bartender, a programmer, and a graphic designer. There were only a couple of 18-19 year old kids and they were mature. I’ve never been screamed at outside boot camp, and speak to superiors normally because people understand that it is the most effective way to communicate.
>>
File: 1640809346844.png (9 KB, 296x276)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>54142422
Air Guard
>State level educational benefits to include full tuition
>Diveristy of jobs
>Actual bases with finance and admin shops you can actually go to
>Tons of temporary or full time orders sets like MPA days for stints or AGR for a full military career but you are at the same base
>commissioning opportunities if you're not a shit bag
>occassional deployments and volunteer deployment oppurtunitites

Reserves
>You can do your drill days quarterly if you live far away.
>Bases and stations don't have admin stuff so everything's a pain
>completely beholden to federal funding i.e. too bad about getting paid if there's a shutdown.

And that's the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>54142795
very, very interesting
>>
>>54142795
All active duty or were the older guys reserve/guard?
>>
>>54142894
Only one of the young guys was reserve. In the class next to us though there were a couple of national guard. I think they were both in their mid 20s.
>>
Anybody know information about the new prescription check? People here said to not sign the hippa document but I literally did not have that document when I signed my background check stuff
>>
>>54142837
Seconded.
You're fucking retarded if you join any reserve component other than the air guard.
>>
>>54143012
No fucking shit? Huh, Maybe I'm not a complete retard, or at least I will serve in the company of similar retards.
>>
>>54144151
We can be retards together anon

Beats being a fucking lawyer
>>
>>54144198
What kind of lawyer are you?
>>
Am I eligible for a secret security clearance if I got visited by the FBI about 4 years ago when I was 15 for making what could be considered "threats"? I was never charged with anything but I'm assuming that shit goes in a file
>>
>>54144344
>>54144198
I'm a general practitioner, so a little of everything divorces, business, criminal, etc.
>>
>>54144464
I'm sure you're "eligible" but they'll ask you about it in the background check most likely.
>>
Am I an idiot for even considering Special Warfare if I’m not sure about it?
>>
>>54135029
yes
>>54135039
yes
>>54136268
yes
>>54138866
just do 17C or 35N or navy CTN
>>
>>54144518
So do I just say "yeah I was a retarded kid" or what? Because that's basically what it was
>>
>>54144464
>>54144696
The FBI doesn't give you your security clearance
Your investigator is not going to have access to internal FBI files
Don't volunteer that information, you qualify for any level of clearance
Even if they magically know you just say they spoke to you for help/information about a case
>>
>>54144696
If they ask you about it, just be honest. Otherwise, don't mention it like the other anon says. I don't know what information they can pull on you, but a 15 year old shouldn't have anything on file if there were no charges made
>>
>>54144596
>yes
I'm the first guy. Can you elaborate?
>>
>>54144464
350F/security manager here. Yes you can still get a secret clearance. But do not lie about that incident to the investigator other than try to play it down (within reason, because they can still read the reports). If you can lie to the recruiter and meps, great, but dont conceal this from the investigator (they are a seperate entity and process from meps and recruiter).
>>54144716
DCSA can see in the system that an FBI case existed as well as what it was filed under. For example, when OPM went to DCSA and they started getting more and more interagency systems in 2019, I was running a T3R reinvestigation for some major for his secret clearance, I got an alert from an investigator requesting the major to provide information regarding an FBI investigation from 2015 and a case file number (he did not list this on his eqip/sf86). Turns out he was contacted by the fbi for pedophile shit, but was never charged. He self admitted to interacting with children, but there wasnt really any proof. I then had his clearance revoked and pushed to boot him out on the basis that he didnt self report the incident to command, the security manager (me), and attempted to conceal this from a federal investigation (DCSA).
>>
>>54146790
>>54144748
>>54144716
So basically, if they ask, tell the truth? I mean, I was going to do that anyways. But would they consider me some kind of terrorist threat? Or if I talk about it with them would I be able to make them understand that it was just me being a retard?
>>
I have mild sleep apnea. Would this disqualify me from service in the air force? I use a CPAP machine but I am able to go without it
>>
is 30 years old too old to join the military?
>>
>>54147084
You can join up til 39
But you will be in basic with spergy 18-21 year olds. Think about if you're able to keep up with them - depending on your MOS that might be the rest of your career, catching up with retards
>>
File: 1636766386692.jpg (100 KB, 576x1024)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>54138823
Man Im 28 and basically did the same, but to be a Navy pilot instead. Do not enlist. As the other anon said it's not just the pay/qol, but anyone with life experience enlisting will feel severely out of place. Navy has intel, crypto and IP officers. At least when I was applying/went through OCS a year or so ago. A few people got re-designated to IP and there were a good handful of intel/cryptos in my class. Intel is slightly harder to get in, but if you can ace the OAR then you're a shoe in.
>>
File: 1633522687836.jpg (29 KB, 500x331)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>54139306
I applied to Navy, Marines and just talked to a recruiter about Army WOFT. Navy and Marines were basically the same, besides the Marines being more gung-ho about fitness. Army was by far the worst and this is a v accurate description. They also called me when I got to OCS lmao. The 10 year ADSR is insanity.

Also called the AF and recruiter basically told me to shove it and ignored all other communication. So glad that's consistent with just about everyone.
>>
>>54147506
say what you want about tulsi but she's in fantastic fucking shape.
>>
>>54147063
It would
But you don't have sleep apnea and you've never heard of sleep apnea what is sleep apnea haha
>>54147084
not worth it unless you're a piece of human detritus with no prospects
anyone enlisting over the age of 26 only does so to reset their life and pay down their credit card debt
>>
>>54147933
>you've never heard of sleep apnea what is sleep apnea haha
Yeah but don't they have access to my medical records?
>>
At what rank MUST an officer be saluted? Is it ever optional? Does this differ between services?
>>
>>54147037
What did you do that prompted the FBI to come to your house? If you were shitposting online, I doubt your clearance will be denied because of that, your investigator should recognize you were a dumb 15 year old. They care more about you not having any ties outside the country and having allegiance to the entity you're going to serve. Lying is a good way to have your clearance denied though.
>>
>>54147933
>anyone enlisting over the age of 26 only does so to reset their life and pay down their credit card debt
Nah. You have people like that lawyer anon. Not everyone is a fuck up like you Lopez. Know plenty of guys that joined late even though they had their shit together, everyone has their reasons.
>>
>>54148568
What if I had hypothetically contacted an organization that is considered a terrorist organization by a NATO member country and the FBI stopped by to see if I was serious and inform me of the consequences of joining them as well as ground rules for what I could bring and what actions to avoid if I joined them?
>>
>>54147084
You're going to be dealing with kids a decade younger than you and reporting to people around your age or younger. You'll also be treated like an 18 year old with no life experience until you get operational, and even then, your MOS may still treat you like a retarded 18 year old. Zoomers are pathetically out of shape, so keeping up with them physically isn't that difficult, but their immaturity might ride on you. What are you reasons for joining and what do you hope to get out of it?
>>
>>54148632
>What are you reasons for joining and what do you hope to get out of it?
i wanna learn to effectively kill people and how to make bombs and use them
>>
>>54148632
also, i wanna learn survival skills, like off the grid type survival
>>
>>54148678
>>54148714
just realized that i sound like a psycho, but i dont intend to do anything illegal with learning any of that stuff
>>
>>54148678
>>54148714
You have the mental age of an 18 year old, so you will fit in just fine.
>>
>>54148608
They're definitely going to ask you about that. If you're going for a TS, the entire polygraph portion is just asking about any possible affiliations to terrorists organizations. Being honest about what you were doing is your best course of action, but it will raise some flags. Not sure how it will play out for you.
>>
>>54148775
yeah, i know im slow of mind, but what branch would i join if i wanna learn to make bombs?
>>
>>54148851
My concern is not with lying about it but whether investigators could determine that the FBI felt it was warranted to send two members of the JTTF to talk to me. Additionally, I was inducted as an informant by one of them and did that for over a year. To this day I can't be sure what their intentions really were and presume that this was an excuse to have regular meetings with me to suss out whether I was a threat or not (and presumably passed the vibe check when they terminated contact). I have no clue what they have in their records about me or if they would even share that sort of thing.
>>
>>54148678
>i wanna learn to effectively kill people and how to make bombs and use them
>also, i wanna learn survival skills, like off the grid type survival
No MOS is going to give you all of this. EOD will teach you about bombs, but you aren't going to be learning to kill people. Marines or special warfare may teach you to kill people, but you're too old for Marines and you're not going to enlist if you tell them you want to learn to kill people. SERE is a joke, you won't learn survival skills, you'll learn that it's easier to kill yourself than risk being captured.

You have a skewed idea of what military training is actually like anon.
>>
>>54148919
>You have a skewed idea of what military training is actually like anon.
lol, i think you're right
would i for sure get EOD training if i joined though?
>>
>>54148903
Honesty is your best bet. I don't think they'll deny you, but i would anticipate most of your conversations to be about that incident.
>>
>>54148975
>would i for sure get EOD training if i joined though
Possibly. It's generally a higher demand job, but I'm pretty sure they have a high washout rate.
>>
>>54148976
Yeah I'm not seeing how I can talk my way out of that. So far I have just pretended it never happened and it has never affected me. I'm not in a no fly list, purchased firearms from a FFL, and I have interviewed for other government jobs without incident.
>>
>>54148919
Navy EOD falls under NAVSPECWAR, so that would be the best one. That being said, >>54148999 the fail rate is on-par with SWCC and some dumbass that wants to "kill people and make bombs" would crumple into a ball of tears and snot so early in the training cycle that nobody will remember his name.
>>
>>54149044
>Navy EOD falls under NAVSPECWAR, so that would be the best one
I thought all the branches went through the same training for EOD
>>
>>54149085
I'm talking about where they go afterwards. Navy EOD regularly works alongside SEALs and are expected to keep up. The same is not true for EOD in other branches, though they do have similar opportunities. I spoke at great length with a Marine EOD who was there for the invasion of Iraq and stayed in until '06, and while he certainly was busy on his deployments he never once worked with any special forces guys. Also, Navy EOD used to be placed in the 800 Division at RTC back before the Navy axed it, so even from the start they were being held to a different standard than other recruits.
>>
>>54149044
why do you think it's dumb to want to learn to kill people and make bombs?
>>
>>54149001
Well most gov't jobs don't require a TS, but I still think you should be fine if you're honest about it. I know people who openly admitted to smoking weed or doing other drugs and still got cleared. Think their main conern is you being faithful to the country.
>>
>>54149184
Ah, that makes sense. Good information to know. I would assume that makes it even more difficult to become EOD with the Navy too.
>>
I jerk off to dead ZOGBOTS who died so niggers could enjoy gay anal sex between each other in Africa.
Taliban didnt kill enough of these Amerimutt kike slave golems, no nation in history is more pathetic than the United States.
Imagine existing solely to serve Jews.
Dead Amerimutts make me hard, I jerked off to the Iraq Juba videos where he sniped 200+ Amerimutt ZOGBOTS by himself and mutts STILL couldnt find him.
Juba is a true hero, do you know who Amerimutts treat as heroes? Marvel movies.
Thats right, Amerimutts think spiderman and blackwidow are their heroes from kikes in Hollywood, Amerimutts worship these pretend characters that Jews give to them its so fucking pathetic.
What a truly pathetic group of mixed race subhumans, China needs to wipe them all out ASAP holy fucking shit they spread their faggot LGBT globohomo culture on us like a plague not even Jews are as bad as these Amerimutt kike slave golems.
Nobody is worse than an Amerimutt.
God laughs when Amerimutts die.
>>
>>54149222
EOD is a small community. I had an interest in joining when I was younger and, after meeting one, he referred me to others so I could learn all about the job. They were all very friendly and helpful. They also talked me out of it and encouraged me to explore other options. While I will never be one I would feel confident working alongside one.

>>54149255
Color me shocked that this just happens to be posted right after the "kill people and make bombs" retard gets called out.
>>
File: VATNIK ZOGBOT LOOT.png (3.23 MB, 1920x1080)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB PNG
>>54149274
Whats that? What do we have here boys I think we got a live ZOGBOT piece of shit.
Whats the matter buddy? You mad im telling the truth about you KIKE SLAVE mutt ZOGBOT pieces of shit?
Did you know the first time I watched Juba sniping your ZOGBOT mutt friends I creamed my pants? Just watching you ZOGBOT mutts drop dead from the HERO Juba and his SVD 7.62x54r rifle I was in heaven. The brain splatter you ZOGBOT mutt FAGGOTS leave is like nothing else. I have never been as hard in my life as the first time watching the HERO Juba destroy you ZOGBOT mutts and send you RIGHT to hell where you belong.
Don't even get me started on the IED and RKG compilations.
>>
>>54149044
can you answer this question? >>54149202
>>
>>54148608
>>54148903
>>54149001
This faggot retard isn't me.
>>
>>54149202
Different anon, but generally the guys that go in wanting to kill people, or to blow stuff up, are stereotypical jarheads. Had a few buddies fail out of EOD and they were all exceptionally bright and in good physical shape. It has a 75+% attrition rate for a reason.
>>
>>54149507
well i dont appreciate being called dumb for wanting to learn how to make bombs
>>
File: ISIS BROS.jpg (304 KB, 1280x720)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>54149507
>>54149614
Salaam alaikum, my name is Ansar Muslim al-Britani
I’m a 27 year old British Mujahid (Jihadi for you infidels). I read the Qur'an and ISIS training manuals on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my bomb making skills and listening to superior Nasheeds by Al-Hayat Media Group.
I train with my /unregistered firearm/ every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through kevlar because it is made by Russian slaves in rusting factories and is vastly superior to any other firearm on earth. I have been getting better every day.
I speak Arabic and Pashto fluently. I know everything about Islamic history and their sharia law, which I follow 100%.
When I get my Iranian visa, I am crossing the border into Afghanistan to attend a prestigious training camp to fight the Taliban apostate dogs and learn about the brave Mujahideen of the Islamic State. I hope I can become a suicide bomber for ISIS-K or an IED designer!
I own several Islamic head bands, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Afghanistan, so I can fit in easier.
Wish me luck in Khorasan province!
>>
>>54149637
W2c marpat man-dress?
>>
>>54149614
Your reasoning for wanting to is pretty dumb though
>>
>>54149670
and what reason did i give for wanting to learn how to make bombs? i didn't give a reason and i don't need to give a reason. you're the dumbass
>>
>>54149693
Is it summer already?
>>
File: 9.jpg (1.36 MB, 1920x1080)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>54149693
Do you want to join ISIS?
>>
>>54148532
At O-1, dummy. Afaik it's forbidden in field and deployed environments, but mandatory in garrison.
>>
>>54149707
Fact: any member of ISIS that is still alive is a coward who ran away because the only way someone could have survived the US-Kurd-Russian-Syrian forces that took 100% of ISIS territory is if that someone had fled that territory rather than fighting to defend it.
>>
>>54149693
Stupid anon wouldn't make it 1 week in EOD
>>
>>54127443
>>
Since ppl are talking about OCS in this thread, gonna ask - I got 70 on the OAR and recruiter said I was p much a shoe in for most gigs. I am most interested in Navy Intel, but idk about intel vs IP vs Cryptologic Warfare. Any1 got advice on which I should pick?

Also, good to hear that I didn't fuck up by choosing Navy over Army/AF for commissioning, but it seems SWO is still a shitty gig, so glad I can skirt by it.
>>
>>54136952
Completed ROTC in 2019.
Doing this shit at 30 and dealing with college cadets routinely is something i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy. For a while i thought i hated everything about the Army, turns out most of it was just other cadets. There were points in training were i gave serious consideration to burying the assault rifles of cadets while they were sleeping in the woods.
>>
>>54148678
Join some terrorist group instead
>>
>>54151031
Give me the run down brother. I just want to sucker all the cadets into a snafu, or turn them from Lord of the Flies cadets into some resemblance of a cohesive unit.
>>
>BORN TO SERVE
slave
>>
Hi /k/ American here. If I wanted to join the military of another country, let's say Taiwans or Japans, would that be possible?
>>
>>54151167
Sweden allows noncitizens to join
>>
>>54150114
yes, that is what i want to learn to do
you've proven yourself a dumbass, ive got the info i requested from another anon, that's all i really needed from this thread. your opinion doesn't really mean much to me, dumbanon, goodbye
>>
I have a good job as an English teacher. Am I retarded for wanting to give it all away and become a commissioned officer in the military? I feel like this is my last chance to have adventure or do something of meaning before I hit my 30s.
>>
>>54151261
Check your financials, and compare lifestyles. What do you want to do as an officer?
>>
>>54151261
>something of meaning
you'll be doing things like encouraging homosexuality in Myanmar and doing 1 minute planks with a bunch of tranny fags, and watching PowerPoint presentations about sexual harassment. I would imagine that being an English teacher is infinitely more meaningful
>>
There are dudes out there that sign up for highspeed shit and later realize their contract is to work undercover around terrorists, traffic illegal shit, and kill child soldiers for the next few months. They get their paycheck, and then they get out. How does a dude live after that shit, or does he just keep signing up for contracts till he retires? Like a trap?
>>
>>54151261
In the long term a military officer may well pay better and have better benefits. You could do 20 years as an officer, travel the world, get housing compensation and a token pension etc and then go back to teaching.
Of course, you'll be expected to be responsible for more stuff than grading homework.
>>
>>54151301
Just lookup articles about "leading zoomers", "leading gen z" and whatever variations you can search.
>>
>>54151234
Your reasons for wanting to join are stupid and I'm the same anon that gave you the information, silly.
>>
>>54151554
>later realize their contract is to work undercover around terrorists, traffic illegal shit, and kill child soldiers for the next few months
How many guys do you think do this?
>>
>>54149203
See
>>54149481
>>
>>54151958
when did i say i wanted to join the military? literally all i did was request information. your reading comprehension is dogshit bro. you're just making yourself look stupider and stupider, anon, you should just stop posting and lurk more
>>
>>54152192
Based retarded 30 year old. You prob should join, you have the mentality of a 18 year old, you'd fit right in.
>>
>>54152269
>no! im not stupid! youre stupid!
ok bro, lmao
>>
>>54152301
>>54147084
Fuck off retard
>>
I’m 27 and really don’t want to deal with high-strung zoomers for 4 years, but I also don’t have many other immediate prospects. I could pretty much do any job in the Air Force/space force, but I feel like I’d be counting down the hours until I get out the whole 4 years.
>>
>>54152192
>>54152301
Only, young spergs and retards who didn't finish highschool reason like you. I pity you a cure to your lead deficiency.
>>
>>54152385
It's worth the room, boom, thank you zoom.
>>
>>54152385
To make the most of it, I'm following a situationally fitted version of "dealing with weaponized incompetence".
>>
>>54150648
What is your major and your GPA? If you have options besides SWO (which you do), apply to those first and only go SWO if you are not picked up by other communities. You will 100% get selected on your first application to SWO, but so do most people. Lower barrier of entry means lower average quality.
>>
Never serve Israel.

Serve America instead.

Join the revolution or subvert the army.
This is your world. Rule it absolute.
>>
Palaestina was apart of Rome for hundreds of years and Palestine isn’t Muslim.

The media monopoly pretends Palestinians are Muslim when actually they’re people just like you.

Look up the Kitos war

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitos_War

Judaism is a race cult that makes love out to be some monster that exists for their race instead of accepting the truth that the only god is love.

Love has judged Israels evil and shown it its love/morals before!
Be karma!

This world only exists for true love!

Save Jews from the cult! Let evil govern no one!
Wage slavery is real slavery!
They have stolen everything from you!
That have stolen all your money!

Your Taxes go to Israel bombing Palestinian girls. If they didn’t steal your money and democracy, they’d be forced to engage in real and good diplomacy!
>>
>>54153239
Major is Humanities/History related and I took Arabic w/ it. GPA is 3.96. Looking @ intel as a first choice.
>>
Anyone know of a fitness plan that will help maintain gains with unpredictable military schedules? I'm trying to consistently lift but I'm in brtween two CTC rotations only a couple months apart and not looking forward to losing the strength I've gained so far for the second time.
>>
>>54139306
>calls me later on and tries to bait me into a 10 year WOFT contract, and even gets a guy currently in that pipeline to call me and tell me about how much better it is than commissioning
Absolutely 100% true statement for the Army if you’re joining to fly.
>>
>>54127443
Lol new standards

GED not needed
50 on ASVAB

Hurry up and join!
>>
>>54151554
Killing is rad
>>
>>54155700
Isn't the minimum like 41 though?
>>
>>54130849
>>54131668
>I don’t have a degree
In the other thread I assumed you had one because you mentioned software engineering. In this case yeah, Space Force would be a good idea, they're pushing cyber defense pretty heavily. Keep in mind the Space Force does not do offensive cyber stuff and as far as I know there are currently no plans for it in the near future so if that's what you're looking for, join a different branch. Cyber security (actual cyber security, not that "surety" bullshit) though, yes.
Also you can travel internationally, unless you mean like Russia, North Korea, Iran and shit. There's just more paperwork and bullshit involved.

>>54131691
I just went on my first TDY and now I'm constantly curious about how much per diem aircrew manage to rack up. Have you ever calculated or estimated your career per diem?

>>54135029
I don't consider cool stuff and desk jobs to be mutually exclusive.

>>54139252
MNT as in maintenance? What the fuck?
>>
Whats a job that pays $20 an hour and gives decent government benefits? Preferably one that doesn't require much work but if I need to know a second language or whatever is fine.
>>
>>54157014
In your opinion, is there more of a future for someone who develops offensive cyberwarfare skills or someone who develops cybersecurity skills in the military?
>>
File: 1586710706696.jpg (8 KB, 225x221)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
How do I work up the courage to email an OCS recruiter about next steps for an aviation slot?
>>
>>54157345
If you don't have the courage to send something as simple as an email then I don't think the military is right for you.
>>
>>54127558
For 22 years and counting
>>
>>54157442
Why haven’t you retired?
>>
>>54158183
Soon enough. Being senior is way better than being junior.
>>
I'm innit to bang airforce twinks in a minute.
>>
>>54158183
>>54158240
To answer your question more seriously: I enjoyed it for a long time. I did and saw things that have no comparison in civilian life. The camraderie in a tight unit doesn't exist except in rare circumstances. And if you make it high enough, the money isn't bad either.
>>
>>54157287
I would imagine offensive. It's harder, cooler, everyone in cyber warfare wants offensive, and I think anyone good at offense would be good at defense but not necessarily the other way around. I know all the theory behind a successful attack but if I had to actually conduct one I would barely even know where to start.
The only thing cyber security has going for it is how relatively easy it is to get a spot in it.
>>
>>54158364
Hoorah amirite fellow soldier
>>
>>54158336
Are there qt enlisted girls that aren’t total whores in any jobs? Like intel for instance
>>
>>54158533
>Motivator
>>
>>54157275
350F here. Go on usajobs and look at all the jobs. Easiest career field in most gov agencies would be HR, training, supply, or security (not guard). If you want to do blue collar, machinist is a good one. They have job availability everywhere for the most part, and there is no apprentice/journeyman/master system in the fed gov, so pretty much once you feel comfortable with your skills, you can apply for higher paying positons. WG/WS/WL (blue collar paygrades) also do not have the 52 week rule for promotions where, for example in GS/GG (white collar paygrades), you would have to work more than 52 weeks in your paygrade before you can apply for a promotion. You could for instance work as a entry level machinist for a month, amd then if you feel you could do the next higher paygrade level of work, you can just apply (as long as you are confident you can perform the tasks).
>>
>>54127443
OCS nerds stuck me in OCS Reserves. What do?
>>
>>54158555
Military is the same as real life. Sometimes your coworkers are cute, sometimes they arent.
>>
>>54157378
But if he's the President's Son then he can smoke all the crack he wants!!!!
see
>>54159028
>>
>>54158967
Machinist slots in Chair Force are based but fill up almost instantly.
>>
File: 95a.gif (1.64 MB, 400x226)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB GIF
>>54127443
bros would I be fucked for the air force with a 3.0 astigmatism? I'm thinking of maybe joining the military to get free college and I'm interested in a commercial airline pilot career. I've heard that hours in the military flying would contribute towards flight school hours and that they regularly make exception up to 3.0 astigmatism but wanted to ask if anyone had experience here
>>
>>54159479
I’m not a pilot but I heavily looked into it. I work in aviation though. Let me lay it out for you anon:

>you need a degree to become an officer, all fixed-wing pilots in every branch are officers
>becoming an officer requires a college degree and good grades, preferably you did ROTC or went to Air Force Academy
>if joining the Air Force or Navy, commissioning as an officer is very competitive and is a long process. You’re looking at at least a year or two before you even get started.
>being a pilot means you need to pass Undergraduate Pilot Training, NOT an easy school by any means. If you fail a checkride it’s likely you’ll just wash out.
>signing on as a pilot (in any branch) means you’re going to have a 10 year contract, which starts after your two years of training, so really it’s a 12 year minimum commitment
>you’re constantly tested on your health and flying ability
>constantly being deployed
>could end up flying drones rather than cargo or fighters, comes down to the needs of the military. You don’t get to pick what you fly. Being the best pilot doesn’t mean you get to fly fighters either, since they want good pilots in every area.

On top of that you don’t even know if your vision is good enough yet. Oh, and hope you’re under 30 or your time’s running out. I would go get an FAA first class medical, and then get your private pilot’s license if you’re cleared to fly. If you’re still interested and have the dedication, you can try to be an Air Force or Navy pilot.

The airline pilot career isn’t a bad idea though, there will definitely be demand for it by the time you finish all your training and get enough hours for your ATP. Just keep in mind that your life will mostly be between the terminal, the cockpit, and your hotel room. You will not bang the flight attendants (they’re nuts anyway) and you won’t get paid well for at least 5 years from the start of your training. But as you get seniority you’ll be okay.
>>
File: IMG_20220624_081231701.jpg (1.71 MB, 3456x3457)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB JPG
HAPPY HYDRATION DAY
>>
>>54159753
>not "Colonel Drip"
Moto moto moto motivayyyyytion
>>
What’s the difference between SEALs and Marine Raiders?

Also, is steroid use an unofficial pre-requisite for BUD/S?
>>
Ever since I was a little kid I’ve wanted to join the military and go into Special Operations (USA here) like I literally barely gave anything else thought because I knew for a fact when I was 18 I would join. But now I am able to join and finally an adult, and fuck. Problem

My girlfriend would leave me. She doesn’t want to put up with that and I don’t blame her. She’s not gonna let it happen. She’s amazing. Literally the only person I can stand pretty much. Her voice is so cozy. She’s nice to me and I love her . She’s not perfect but no one is. But fuck guys I cant lose her. I’m going to marry her

So i guess I’m gonna give up on my dream and go into marketing and sales. No real point to this thread. I just wanted to vent. Everyone following your dreams you’ll make it. Good luck evergone I love 4chan
>>
>>54160074
Based. If it doesn’t work out with your girlfriend you have a decade to pursue special ops anyway
>>
>>54160074
Don't do this. I gave up admission to a service academy to stay with a girl. We got married.
You'll end up resenting her because you gave up your dreams. You both will change and will absolutely not be the same people you are now, and you'll realize there's other women that better suit you when you're done maturing.
Don't do this. If she follows, great. If she doesn't, wasn't meant to be.
>t. did this
>>
>>54127443
if you done basic and all the specialty training, then what ?
say you're a driver, will you do morning pt and drive around like a retard for 4 years ?
>>
>>54160074
Don't give up your dream to die for Israel, think of all the diversity training you will be missing out on
>>
>>54159677
thx for the info bro this is all something that I only started thinking about the other day so by no means am I living and dying for it. Good to have some perspective
also,
>fixed-wing pilots
does this mean that helicopter pilots have different requirements/standards?
>>
>>54160074
imagine giving up your dream for some dumb whore that's going to leave you kek
>>
>>54160406
That dumb whore was there when my mom fucking died and took the day off work for it. She is better than any girl you’ve ever fucking laid eyes on nigger
>>
>>54160364
I believe the Army allows you to enlist without a degree and become a helicopter pilot, provided you meet the requirements and can pass the training. Still a 10 year contract though.
>>
>>54160423
thx for the info
>>
>>54160421
But she still will leave you, but so will the ZOG you worship jhtwp
>>
>>54160421
Bro, I know this is 4chan and you love her, but you’re 18. To be frank, it’s unlikely to last, especially if she said she’s going to leave you if you pursue your dream.

I felt the same way as you about a girl when I was younger. She eventually “needed space” and I realized I wasted years of my life chasing after trying to be with this girl instead of doing what I and I alone wanted. Focus on yourself and your own goals.
>>
>>54160437
how is it unlikely to last? It’s been 3 years. We have great communication
>>
>>54160471
done think the military's gonna go anywhere if it doesn't work out just wait it out for now I'd say
>>
>>54160421
HAHAHAHA fucking lmao
>>
>>54160493
Did you have no one to help you through difficult times, anon? It’s calling caring. It’s what happens when someone is invested in your emotions and well-being. I know it’s difficult for you, but it’s ok there’s YouTube videos of asmr girls doing it (3 shots in and it will feel real)
>>
>>54160503
bitch doesn't give a shit if she can't keep her legs closed for a couple years while you pursue your dreams
you're so naïve about women still kek
>>
>>54160512
It’s ok anon we can pretend together. Look I’ll even be a role player for you okay? Just pretend I’m a pretty girl

>Hey babe how are you? Are you feeling ok?
>>
>>54160531
keep simping bro, hope she reads this
>>
>>54160539
How am I simping bro I’m just trying to make you feel including and not like you’re missing out.

>babe what do you mean you’re stressed? Look it’ll be ok. We can watch movies and snuggle together
>>
>>54160565
kek you're so desperate to defend some bitch that would ditch you as soon as she got a chance
>>
>>54160074
>fake
>>54160531
>gay
>>
>>54160606
she would be financially better off without me actually. Haven’t you learned what caring is? I’ll try and give you more immersion

>haha ur hands are cold let me blow on them babe.
>>
>>54159677
>all fixed wing officers have degrees
Warrants fly C-12s
>>
To the guy who recommended I go see a chiropractor; thank you. My rib was out of place. The pressure in my neck, I was told could be fixed with a massage. He fixed my rib two days ago, but I think laying on my elbow awkwardly has already messed it up again; I heard my bones shifting around. I'm embarrassed to go back.
>>
>>54161291
That’s fucking awesome, didn’t know that.
>>
File: 1628153735147.png (952 KB, 1240x1268)
952 KB
952 KB PNG
>>54130866
What are the actual odds of getting Cyber Operations though?

I'm a 32 year old neet. I did half a programming degree before becoming a retard and a recluse. I have no money and I live with my mom. My options are few and all unpleasant. I did lots of research and it seems the actual job offerings for Enlisted in the Air Force are very limited and most of it is what I'll call retard work, the equivalent of working for the Geek Squad at Best Buy or something, where your job consists of connecting wires, turning it on and off again if something fucks up, then replacing it it still doesn't work with a new one by connecting wires. Am I wrong?

And this is extra depressing because from what I understand you don't get to choose your job and instead create a list of 10 or so positions that you have a chance to get based on demand. And there are less than 10 non retard jobs working with computers. And if you refuse that's it, you're never getting into the military?
3D0X4 - Computer Systems Programming
3D0X2 - Cyber Systems Operations
3D1X2 - Cyber Transport Systems
3D1X1 - Client Systems
3D0X3 - Cyber Surety
I can't even get to 10 jobs and half of these I scrounged up anons tell me are retard jobs.
Any advice? I just want to do 4 years, then get out and start my life with a security clearance government job while the GI bill pays me to finish school.
>>
>>54161688
Are you fat or have a bad medical history?
>>
>>54161543
Nah, its not embarrasing, just go. Whats embarrasing is when they push on your back and you fart.
>>
>>54161688
>10 choice wish list
And this is why people join the army. Because its the only branch that lets you choose 100% of the jobs. Anon, i would look at navy ctn/ctr, and then army 35N 3 year contract then volunteer at job school for cyber training.
>>
>>54161801
I've no medical history and I'm sort of fat but I'm working on it.

>>54161836
Army supposedly has more intense bootcamp and more subhumans and worse housing. I don't want to deal with any of that for 4 years, especially when I'm already old as fuck and a huge loser, don't need the last shreds of youth to be even more depressing...
>>
>>54161866
>army
The first part is true. The second part I would say is equal (with a caveat regarding the housing) among the branches. I am a prior navy/air force guy who works for the army as a civilian now. Boot camp in the army is definitely more instense compared to what the navy or air force goes through, just watch the youtube videos of all three. Housing arrangements do lean toward nicer with the air force, however there is still always a chance you end up in something shitty. As far as working with subhumans, I worked with more ghetto basketball americans in the air force than I did in the navy or army. I was a 3D, and those fine people would lock themselves in leadership positions or additional duties type roles and ruin everyones fucking day with C.P.T. and extra cultural sensitivity training.
>>
File: 1656009180739.jpg (174 KB, 750x742)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
give me one reason why i shouldnt enlist as infantry? besides le field is le bad
>>
>>54162020
If you're not SOF you're going to waste years of your life to do training rotations or CTCs. Deployments are incredibly rare and even those who do get deployed rarely see action.
>>
>>54127585
An autistic incel former navy officer trying to dissuade anybody from joining, retards shouting NIGGER at each other, teenagers who hang around with 0 intention of joining anyway, and cunny posting.
>>
>>54162062
isnt that true for every MOS? i dont want to be around fats or women
>>
>>54127585
the discord is lame, just a bunch of gay zoomers whining about their units, only guy who was in a highspeed unit an hero'd
>>
>>54155700
Always lowered fitness standards
>>
>>54157014
I say maintenance, but it's really not. Easiest way to label my MOS though
>>
>>54160421
Don't listen to these spitful anons. HS sweethearts is purest love. Hold onto her anon
>>
>>54160493
>>54160512
>>54160539
>>54160606
Who hurt you anon?
>>
Reminder that Stop Loss could be declared on 06OCT if we don't get enough fresh meat in the last three months of this fiscal year.
>>
>>54139746
Does location and weather of where you get to die matter? You'd still be dying or turned into a limb-less freak all for interests of some corporation whose owners probably don't even live in your country lol.
It is simply not worth it, signing up with US military is for losers and chums.
>>
>>54139792
They still have mutt troops stationed in Middle East.
>>
Reminder that this is the pay navy nukes look forward to after their long ass contracts and shitty A school hell.

Usajobs.gov/job/661675200
>>
>>54162020
>give me one reason why i shouldnt enlist as infantry?
You will likely either die or have your dick blown off by an IED.
>>
Ill post this in the next thread too. FAA just posted their open call for ATC trainee program. 1 year of paid training with a guaranteed job at the end.

Usajobs.gov/jobs/661814800
>>
>>54151119
It will always be lord of the flies in ROTC. Its how my Class was and how everyone from all the other schools were during summer training. You are ranked from first to last in the group at the end of training, with the top people getting the career they want in the military while the bottom doesnt. Will ALWAYS be lord of the flies when there is competition for resources.
>>
>>54163142
>You'd still be dying or turned into a limb-less freak
My chances of ever seeing combat are prob as high as yours. I'm not dying for shit
>>
>>54163167
Damn
>>
>>54163167
Nuke dep'rs on suicide watch. Although they would have been anyways when at A school.
>>
>>54163167
Fucking hell, HTs have better prospects. What a world we live in that pipe-hittin poo-drenched niggas are doing better than the guys that operate and maintain nuclear reactors.
>>
>>54161866
Army basic is a joke and if you can’t pass it you should reconsider your life choices.
>>
>>54155700
Only for active duty Army, which is no surprise to anyone. Who the fuck would join the Army when there are no wars to fight? Same goes for Marines but at least those guys have camaraderie. The Army should just shrink like it did after WW1 and balloon when it is needed again.
>>
>>54127443
I have big self harm scars on my arms (vertical going down my arm) Am I just fucked? Can't join any branch? I'm afraid of lying and then getting discharged. Should I just invest in getting them treated and getting tattoos?
>>
>>54164682
>>54164682
>>54164682
>>
NEW THREAD

>>54164756

NEW THREAD

>>54164756

NEW THREAD
>>
I want to join the national guard but I don’t want to get the COVID vaccine
>>
>>54165965
Military is really dumb with the jabs. I don't know if they'll drop the mandates, but they definitely should

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.