[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1652552598950.jpg (306 KB, 800x539)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
What is /k/'s opinion on south korea's arms industry and it's products?
>>
crew compartments not big enough for normal people
>>
Not a match for China. South Korea will re-belong to China in the future again and there is nothing Choi can do about it.
>>
american colony called south korea shall be liberated under command of xi xinping and kim
>>
>>53562613
The average height of South Korean male age 20-39 is only 2 cm lower than the average American height of that demographics.
>>
>SK
There's nothing they can't manufacture for now, but good lord the oncoming demographic crisis will be a doozy.
And that's assuming NK doesn't pull a Leroy Jenkins while the world is looking elsewhere.
>>
>>53562735
Current president supposedly will fix the problem with demographics but they also have a huge and relative young population and no foreigners.
>>
they're like america but more warlike, and they're surrounded by people they hate.
>>
>>53562558

Surprisingly good. K9 arty sells in Scandinavia now and their tanks could be next. SK have proven to be pretty good at design, manufacture, delivery and negotiations.
>>
>>53562960
Despite what you might think, South Koreans don't hate North Korea and are fairly ambivalent towards China. The only people they hate are the Japanese.
t. Lived in SK for 11 years
>>
>>53562938
>and no foreigners
Oh no how terrible
>>
>>53562642
What about average width?
>>
>>53562558
Good and getting better. I think they've seen a good deal of success with their mechanized arty and the KF-21 could be a good option for countries looking for an alternative to the French and American fighter offerings, especially once it has a proven track record as a Gen4.5 and gets upgraded to Gen5.
>>
>>53562558
Worst Korea Worst
>>
>>53562558
South Korea produces some pretty cool weapons.
>>
>>53562558
All their products are just repackaging of Euro components, specifically German engines and Belgian cock
>>
the K9 is apprently good for the money. jury is out on other armored vehicles. their small arms are aggresively mediocre
>>
>>53562558
They're good enough to fight against Japanese invasion of South Korea
>>
Export more dr200's goddammit
>>
>>53565254
Heard the K2s are also really good as well.
>>
>>53565326
seems alright but Abrams is cheaper, which makes it a really hard sell
>>
File: file.png (766 KB, 925x596)
766 KB
766 KB PNG
>>53562558
Pretty great, honestly. They have improved a ton, have delivered artillery and tanks to some European countries. At the moment, the K2NO is going against the 2A7NO, so I'm waiting to see those results.
Their numbers in South Korea seem great. All around impressive.
>>
File: file.png (3.33 MB, 2048x1140)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB PNG
>>
File: 퍼팩트파트너02.jpg (1.45 MB, 1325x883)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>53563382
This. FA-50 and KF-21 combo is a match made in heaven.
>>
>>53565129
Bs, only the k2 uses euro engines and transmission, which will soon be replaced by indeginous products.
>>
File: 5fbe19fd4eef1.png (813 KB, 1855x970)
813 KB
813 KB PNG
>>53565129
>All their products are just repackaging of Euro components, specifically German engines and Belgian cock
https://bulgarianmilitary.com/amp/2022/05/12/successful-tests-of-korean-dv27k-engine-into-the-turkish-altay-mbt/
Go figure!
>>
>>53563002
>The only people they hate are the Japanese.
Like how hated like 0 to 10 and any irl examples?
>>
>>53565676
Poland already chose Abrams months ago, keep up, gook.
>>
>>53562558
I was neutral on it until that faggot piece of shit ricenigger kept spamming the board with it because he served in a tank in the korean "army" and now feels like strangers online have to validate his existence by liking the shitty products of his insect colony.
All in all 4/10.
>>
>>53568544
1-10? Like 14
>>
>>53568592
Apologies, seems that Norway is now evaluating the K2.
>>
>>53568592
K2PL is still happening.
>>
>>53568884
Poland ordered 250 Abrams, not K2.
>>
>>53569252
The Abrams purchase was an emergency buy outside of the Wilk program to hold them over until Wilk could be decided. K2PL is still very much on the table.
>>
>>53562642
Height ≠ being big/large you retard
They are somehow tall but toothpick tier
>>
>>53569252
Different program. Poland is getting both.
>>
>>53568544
>>53568804
14 sounds about right. When China announced the Type 003, what little news reporting it got in Korea was neutral if not positive. When Japan announced that they would be converting a ship half the displacement it made national news there for multiple days straight and Korea started their own multi-billion dollar carrier vanity project to try and compete.
>>
>>53568804
How come they consume each others media if they hate each other so much? Specially if they hate them more than someone threatening to nuke them? It would be expected that they wouldn’t buy Japanese products and brands, visit Japanese stores or consume Japanese media. I know a Vietnamese who checks every item if it have “made in China” on it and refuses to buy if it does and even that person I would put in a 5 out of 10 in hate for China. Koreans seems like they would be around 2 or 3 since Japanese brands, business and media still thrive in Korea.
>>
>>53569628
It varies on the person. Older people hold a lot more hatred, and internet ultranationalists in both Japan and Korea despise the other, and there's people who slip in and out of liking or not liking the other depending on politics of the time.
I believe there's a larger group or Japanophiles in Korea and Koreaphiles in Japan than those ultranationalists, though, and that isn't anything recent, those types of people have existed for decades in both countries.
I think it's just that online those ultranationalists are the louder voice. You won't really see teenage girls who love k-drama or BTS, or Korean guys who love Weathernews arguing about politics in English.
>>
>>53562558
They haven't exported the K-2 yet so it's shit
Give me the K-2
>>
>>53569628
It's mainly the boomer population on either side that drives it, so not the target audience for kpop or anime. The main driving force behind the animosity is Korean politicians. Crying about WW2 Japan and demanding the current PM and his staff apologize is the Korean equivalent of a US politician swearing allegiance to israel. It's just a requirement to have any sort of career and the sentiment they spout trickles down to the general population. Also it's less hatred on the Japanese side and more the desire to just be left the fuck alone. It's been settled in multiple international court cases that Japan has officially paid reparations and atoned for WW2, but korea constantly demands for more and more money just so the Korean politicians can embezzle it and only pay a tiny fraction to the supposed victims. Just recently the Korean government illegally froze and seized multiple MHI assets in the country then sold them off. When Japan objected to this the Korean courts just went "we are right you are wrong, bye bye".
Then you have shit like this where a Korean DD aimed it's fire control radar at a JMSDF P-1 because it flew too close to their illegal meeting with the north inside of the Japanese EEZ.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Japan%E2%80%93South_Korea_radar_lock-on_dispute
>>
>>53569822
This is my point. In general South Koreans don’t hate Japan, a tiny loud fraction do but that can be said about any population. A tiny fraction of the population hates men or maybe even a tiny fraction hates seafood but that doesn’t represent the country or the population.
>>
>>53569517
Not really. Even more unlikely to get K2 in the future.
>>
>>53562558
I kinda want to see South Korea and North Korea dish it out without any outside help. See how their heavily modified Soviet era mbts against K2 Black Panthers.
>>
>>53569935
There are multiple Daiso stores in Korea. If those people’s hate were 10 those stores would be vandalized/burned and Japanese people would be at risk of being killed by some radica group roaming the streets. Even the extremists hate seems far from 14 or even 10.
>>
>>53570111
You replied to the wrong post. Also what goes on in your head where you think a 40% overstatement to the given scale is completely serious and not comedic exaggeration.
>>
>>53562558
Your most elite soldiers are your Starcraft team
>>
>>53563002
Also lived in SK years, can confirm. Really frustrating they can't recognize their strategic interest for ancient ethnic rivalry/affinity.
>>
>>53570111
Daiso in Korea is owned by Lotte group, one of the biggest chaebols in South Korea, just like how Starbucks in Korea is owned by a Korean chaebol. Capitalism doesn't always work
>>
I have no feelings on them. Probably sub-par because I really doubt they have the budget and/or brainpower to develop arms programs as well-tested over many years of trail-and-error as Western MICs do. Maybe Japan does, MAYBE Taiwan to some extent. But everyone else? I doubt it. Korean gear is probably just taking a bunch of off-the-shelf technologies with some in-house tech and bolt them all together. Do basic integration like a Lego project.

So in actual service they’ll be rife with bugs, problematic maintenance issues, and generally not as good as claimed. Then you have to deal with Asian face-saving lies. Are Koreans as big into the lying thing as other Asians?
>>
>>53562938
>new ROK president wants to rebuild a good relationship with Japan
I’ve got an idea for Mr. Yoon:
Free K-Pop girls for Japanese guys
Free K-Pop guys for Japanese girls
With how much young Japanese have a hard-on for all things K, the cooming would be monumental. The resulting Korpanese/Japean hybrid race forms the Yamato-Goreo Alliance with its capitol on an artificial island built around Dokdo/Takeshima, extending a welcoming hand to the North and if not, swiftly annihilates them, before turning to Sakahlin
>>
>>53570504
Still sell Japanese brand stuff doesn’t it? Also the group would pay Japan for the brand name. If they hated Japan they would make a 100% Korean alternative instead of supporting the Japanese brand.
>>
>>53570583
There is way too much k-pop boys merchandise. This last time I came to Japan I was expecting to get more weeb stuff for my weeb needs but now there are tons of k-pop plushies/toys/merchandise where Years ago there were animu stuff. There still are anime stuff but now it have more competition.
>>
>>53562558
The same company that makes rifles also makes dishwashers.
>>
>>53570591
Zillions of Daisos in Korea but it's mostly Korean branded stuff (all made in China in any case). Some Japanese though I used to get cheap Japanese razors there that were great.
>>
Also, what’s the issue with the Korean minority in Japan? Still treated like 2nd class citizens? Or was that really just propaganda in the first place?
>>
>>53571086
>This last time I came to Japan I was expecting to get more weeb stuff for my weeb needs but now there are tons of k-pop plushies/toys/merchandise where Years ago there were animu stuff.
wtf I hate Korea now
>>
>>53563002
Did South Koreans believe Drumpf was a Russian-Agent or was that strictly an American shitlib phenomenon?
>>
USA gave Korea the templates to most of its arsenal so that gooks will accelerate in-house R&D and will be less dependent on simply buying stuff.

Compare this to Japan who only paid licenses to certain technologies and developed most of it from their own by buying Western stuff since their modern army's reincarnation.

Even if Japan is a military exporter they have nothing the rest of the MIC buying world wants while Korea can build just about anything America used to sell or doesn't even bother selling.

If America gave Korea plans for Tomahawks and Patriots these niggas would mass produce them even China will buy some.
>>
>>53562558
South Korea is probably the next surging economy, and will probably fully supplant Japan's niche and possibly China's in the event of a trade war. Because of North Korea, the ROK has a quite large and competent military that may reach small superpower level in the future and deploy alongside the US to conflict zones. I can see them matching Australia or the UK in the future and possibly having a handful of carriers.

I'm not a gook, I just never see anything negative about the ROK and their economy, everything has been booming for years outside of some political instability. Also a lot of cultural soft power, millions of youths are obsessed with Korean media and Samsung is probably one of the only phone brands with comparable brand loyalty and distinct intellectual property as Apple. Hyundai and Kia have also begun to grow and dominate their respective car markets as the Japanese sectors have begun to shrink. As long as there isn't a reversal on western China policy, I can see the ROK replacing or supplementing them in a lot of sectors.
>>
>>53572344
>less dependent on simply buying stuff.
From America? Why would they want that?
>>
File: FA 50 PAF.jpg (89 KB, 1280x671)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>53562558
They're based because they create affordable NATOshit for poor countries unlike stingy NATOjews. So if you want cheap weapons without cucking to China, they're the nice alternative.

Still however the Gook Arms industry is a newbie major arms exporter. They've a long way to go to match major exporters like Changdom, the USA, Germany, etc.
>>
>>53568592
Those are separate things retard.
We bought the M1A2s to replace the 200+ T-72s sent to Ukraine. Wilk is supposed to replace our PT-91s.
>>
>>53570024
It's more likely that we will sell off Leo 2s either for scrapping or to somebody else.
Those tanks are trash.
>>
>>53562558
Where's the tank you promised you slant eyed yellow jews.
>>
>>53571284
Ufo catchers now have k-pop boys plushies. They still have other kind of plushies but k-pop is occupying a space where it would be more japanese anime/game merchandise. Same for gacha and other stuff. And it isn’t just something obscure, every place you see bts in a way or another. I don’t have a particular hate for them but I also don’t have any interest on them and it is kinda sad to see it being so omnipresent. At least for my otaku self. I guess the stores and fans are happy to sell/buy those things.
>>
>>53563002
I'm surprised the S.Koreans are so ambivilant about China; they were awfully angry during the winter olympics.

How do they feel about the U.S.?
>>
>>53573509
I guess China propaganda seems to be doing wonders.
>Yes, Japan and USA are your enemies! Join me and North Korea!
>>
>>53573509
>How do they feel about the U.S.?
They're neutral. They only see US as a crutch/balance against Japan.

Literally Koreans have been pump so much anti-Japanese propaganda for decades that they see Japanese as a real enemy.
>>
>>53569597
Entire Korean carrier program was funded by an anti-Japanese sentiment politicians and military leaders. The goal was to fight the Japanese.

China was never in their goal.
>>
>>53573062
>A gorillion different tank models in service with no prospect of standardization
Poland. Why are you behaving like India
>>
File: skak.jpg (781 KB, 2048x1639)
781 KB
781 KB JPG
The finnish national defense training association bought South Korean AK rifles for training purposes for reservists so that they'd be at least vaguely akin to the service rifle of the armed forces. They are now all banned from use. At least four of the rifles have catastrophically failed after their receiver was seriously damaged after normal training with normal ammunition. Apparently they don't know how to make AK's.

Ps. They're fucking hideous.
>>
File: pizza.jpg (44 KB, 612x720)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>53569500
>They are somehow tall but toothpick tier
You mean they have a normal BMI?
>>
Korea is a 1st world nation that has quality on par with anything you would expect of any other major world power.

They are working really hard to export their military vehicles but all global competition has been heating up lately for exporting military vehicles.

Really reliable tech with good scalability. Expect to see a lot of good surveillance tech developments to the radar/anti-radar industry coming out of SK in the coming decades.
>>
>>53573871
What about their evil twin that they still are at war with and keeps talking about nuking everybody?
>>
>>53570024
Government recently confirmed Wilk is still ongoing.
>>
>>53562558
It's the Israel of the east. They are only behind france, Germany and America in terms of making quality hardware. Sadly there aerospace is a joke. Their shipbuilding is unironically world class
>>
>>53565129
That's true for both Turks and Koreans. more true for th eturos since nothing they've made is original apart from the drones.
The altay MBT is just a juiced up k2 black panther
>>
>>53576996
Altay is poorfag K2.
>>
>>53574965
Indian tanks purchases makes far more sense to whatever poland is trying to accomplish. Abrams along with challenger and leopards and k2's don't make any sense.
Either just buy Abrams or just buy k2's
>>
>>53563183
You know how the Bradley can fit 8 people in the passenger compartment? That's US standards. By South Korean standards it can fit 14; by North Korean standards, 30.
>>
>>53571413
It was strictly American shitlib phenomenon, but did also extend to the lib media class of other English speaking countries. Notably the UK’s Guardian newspaper, which is constantly trying to popularise American progressivism and racial politics in our culture, blamed Brexit on Russian Trolls rather than just admitting the opposing Remain side ran a shit campaign.
>>
>>53572476
Their big negative is that they may be about a decade away from the effects of demographic decline starting to hit their workforce. Like Japan, they have sub-replacement birth-rates (even lower actually, about 1.01 for ROK compared to 1.4 for Japan). Although Japanese style stagflation isn’t guaranteed, as that came about as a result of Japanese monetary policy, Korea will still likely have its growth hampered by an ageing and declining population. It’s military too has plans to downsize some units because there won’t be as many young men to conscript amongst the next generation.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.